PDA

View Full Version : Unused season tickets

SunshineOnLeith
02-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Given how the sales for the Partick game are progressing, and the hope we all have that strong home attendances become a feature this season, the topic of what to do with your season ticket if you can't make a game seems relevant.

It's often posted on here that you can let the ticket office know in advance and they will release your seat for general sale. The problem is, there's no incentive for the season ticket holder to do this rather than simply let a relative, friend etc use their seat, or just let it lie empty.

I know that some clubs operate a scheme where you can release your seat to be resold and (presumably, only if it is in fact sold) receive a credit of roughly half the amount the ticket is sold for towards the next season's season ticket. So, in a simple example, if you couldn't make a derby and the ticket was sold for £28, you'd get £14 off the next season's season ticket.

Probably far too much of an administrative ball-ache for Hibs to consider at the moment but, if sold out stands at Easter Road start happening regularly, this could be something the club could consider. Not only does it raise additional income by selling the unused seats, it also rewards the season ticket holder for doing so in a way that rewards their ongoing loyalty when it comes to season ticket renewal time.

Thoughts?

Skol
02-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Good idea.....BUT

Would need to hold unused STs back until every other seat sold or the club lose money as people get the better seats and the club get less money

Given I miss the first 2 home games and at least one pother though, it would benefit me

Also what if a child/OAP bought an adult seat or vice versa

SunshineOnLeith
02-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Good idea.....BUT

Would need to hold unused STs back until every other seat sold or the club lose money as people get the better seats and the club get less money

Given I miss the first 2 home games and at least one pother though, it would benefit me

Also what if a child/OAP bought an adult seat or vice versa

I'm inclined to agree with your first point, but can also see that it might open up opportunities to buy two seats together when there's only singles dotted around etc - I'm sure the club could crunch the numbers as to what would be the best way to operate it thought.

Don't think it would matter who bought it - you'd just get half the actual sale value off next year's ticket. So if my (adult) season ticket got resold to a child for £12 (can't remember if that's actually the concession price so apologies if it's wrong) I'd get a £6 credit. You'd need to build a backstop for children's season tickets that the 'credit' can't be greater than the price of the season ticket I suppose.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately due to family circumstances I missed at least 6 games last season and probably won't be far off missing about the same this season. I offer my ticket to be used to a mate and if he can't make it I try another few. Failing that it remains unused but personally not interested in recouping any cash for it. It's paid for and that's it as far as I am concerned.

Andy74
02-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Let's wait on these schemes until we are selling out the stadium regularly. As it stands it's not needed.

Geo_1875
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
I do this with my West Ham ticket. Once it's a sell-out you go online and make your ticket available. If it's sold you get a third of the sale price. Worked for 6 out of 7 games last season. Renewal cost me £220 for this season.

pacoluna
03-08-2017, 09:00 AM
I always have and always will give my Sticket to family or friend if I can't make it.

Carheenlea
03-08-2017, 09:06 AM
If I can't go my ST stays in my wallet now. Have tried to give it away on a few occasions in the past then found nobody interested.

Looper
03-08-2017, 09:52 AM
I'm away this weekend but already have someone using my seat. It's looking like a packed crowd!

offshorehibby
03-08-2017, 09:55 AM
I've already advised the club that i'll be away for Saturday and my seat's been released for general sale. I think i catch 7 games this season. If nobody i know wants the ticket i'll be releasing it regularly this season. While i'm happy enough for the club to pocket the money i wouldn't be against a we incentive for doing so.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2017, 09:57 AM
If I can't go my ST stays in my wallet now. Have tried to give it away on a few occasions in the past then found nobody interested.

If me or any of my crew of 5 can't make it, any one that wants to go, has to pay the relevant ticket price to the person who can't make it.
Simple as that. If it's an adult going on a kids ticket, they'll pay the kid £12, and I'll upgrade the £10 at the TO if they give me the money

RoYO!
03-08-2017, 09:57 AM
The club are welcome to sell my seat on if I or others can't make it. Happy for the club to be making the extra cash tbh.

It would be interesting to know how many seats have been sold for 'sold out' games as it may be well above the 20,421 capacity.

hibee_nation
03-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Quick call to ER to release your seat if you can't make it and everyone is happy.

Johnny Clash
03-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Quick call to ER to release your seat if you can't make it and everyone is happy.

Spot on. Done that a few times. We have decent seats in middle of the East so even if the games not a total sell out then it gives walk ups the chance of a better seat than the outer sections.