PDA

View Full Version : No further business this window

Northernhibee
02-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Confirmed at the bottom of the Stokes announcement.

What a very strong window this has been, and we've got our main targets in nice and early.

Well done Hibs.

hfc rd
02-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Would personally liked to have seen a LW brought in but overall I'm absolutely delighted with the business we have done during this transfer window.

Can't remember a better one than this!

SteveHFC
02-08-2017, 07:36 PM
I now want Hendo and Leigh back.

Northernhibee
02-08-2017, 07:37 PM
I now want Hendo and Leigh back.

I looked at my calendar for tomorrow and as long as there's a 5pm tomorrow there's always hope :hyper

Keyser Sauzee
02-08-2017, 07:37 PM
I think we will see Shaw, F Murray Martin & Porteous all stay with the 1st team now if we are not signing anymore

Diclonius
02-08-2017, 07:38 PM
This has been a very un-Hibs transfer window. Despite initial concern we've got all our targets in prior to the start of the season, and they've all been very good signings.

We should be top 4. Down to the manager and the players now.

Ell_Chrisso
02-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Bearing in mind that if all goes well, Kris Commons will be coming in

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Cracking window and all done before the season starts. No last minute panic buys.

Although they could be throwing us off the scent - Underscore told us earlier that there was another one to go.

Dalianwanda
02-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Glad they added this, we can just concentrate on the fitba now :flag:

bod
02-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Confirmed at the bottom of the Stokes announcement.

What a very strong window this has been, and we've got our main targets in nice and early.

Well done Hibs.

Hopefully that means nobody leaving

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 07:44 PM
I think we will see Shaw, F Murray Martin & Porteous all stay with the 1st team now if we are not signing anymoreThink the performances of this lot in pre season has maybe convinced Lennon of this too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

blaikie
02-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Rocky
Ambrose
McGinn
Stokes

What a spine to the team 🔥

Hibeesmad
02-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Commons at good fitness would be the icing on a beautiful cake

Baw187
02-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Probably spent the rest of the kitty signing Stokes! Will take that!

hibsbollah
02-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Rocky
MCGregor
McGinn
Stokes

Fixed that for you:wink:

Craig_HFC
02-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I hope Pedantic_Hibee still does his legendary deadline day thread regardless

:greengrin

Onion
02-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Rocky
Ambrose
McGinn
Stokes

:top marks Any Hibs fans sitting on the fence about buying a ST need to get moving now as we might not see a stronger Hibs core for many years to come. If you said to me 2 months ago that we'd have those 4 guys signed up on contracts ....

SRHibs
02-08-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm happy with the squad although I was quite excited to see the striker/winger we were looking to bring in according to the 'ITK' posters.

Must've given Stokes a decent signing on fee.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm happy with the squad although I was quite excited to see the striker/winger we were looking to bring in according to the 'ITK' posters.

Must've given Stokes a decent signing on fee.Oh come on...cheer the ****** up mate....when did we last have it this good man??

SRHibs
02-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Oh come on...cheer the ****** up mate....when did we last have it this good man??

I'm over the moon!

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 08:43 PM
I'm over the moon!I reckon he has space for maybe 1 more...saving it for Commons...not ITK just a hunch

jacomo
02-08-2017, 10:14 PM

So boring. Cheer up.

greenlex
02-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Somebody told me the other day the feel good factor was gone.

Brightside
02-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Don't give up on us, baby
Don't make the wrong seem right
The future isn't just one night

jacomo
02-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Somebody told me the other day the feel good factor was gone.

Have they gone very quiet over the past few days?

Sioux
02-08-2017, 10:27 PM
We can only put 11 players on the park at any one time. What a choice we've got.

:flag::flag::flag:

Sir David Gray
02-08-2017, 10:27 PM
I can't complain with the business that we have done but I'm a wee bit surprised that we have no further plans to bring in anyone else.

I still think we're a wee bit light in the forward areas and maybe 1-2 players short of being capable of challenging Aberdeen and Sevco for 2nd or 3rd.

Time will tell though and hopefully that means the likes of Fraser Murray and Oli Shaw will get some real game time this season as I don't think we can really afford to let either of them go out on loan.

SRHibs
02-08-2017, 10:36 PM
So boring. Cheer up.

Good post! 🖕

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 10:39 PM
I can't complain with the business that we have done but I'm a wee bit surprised that we have no further plans to bring in anyone else.

I still think we're a wee bit light in the forward areas and maybe 1-2 players short of being capable of challenging Aberdeen and Sevco for 2nd or 3rd.

Time will tell though and hopefully that means the likes of Fraser Murray and Oli Shaw will get some real game time this season as I don't think we can really afford to let either of them go out on loan.As it stands we have a squad of 23 (22 really as think Graham will leave) including the likes of Porteous, Martin, Shaw etc...thats pretty decent size wise mate with Commons perhaps to come. Think u need to appreciate the number of high earners we will have the likes of Whittaker, Ambrose, Slivka and Stokes won't have come cheap...this has been a pretty stunning summer so far....1 more at most I reckon and that's only if Graham departs

jgl07
02-08-2017, 11:42 PM
If I had been told at the end of last season that Hibs would sign Whittaker, Swanson, Murray, Stokes and re-sign Marciano and Ambrose as well as retaining the core of the team from last season, I would have called the messenger delusional.

All that and the prospect of Commons to come!

I suspect that some pruning of the squad will happen either by transfers (Graham) or loans (Shaw etc.)

Col2
03-08-2017, 12:00 AM
All that the club are doing is managing expectations (in and out) and any opportune signings that are currently way over our budget may make clubs think about reducing price.

Also.. things change...

1. If Graham gets a good offer - I would expect us to replace with better. Even a loan striker.

2. Commons is 1-2 months away from fitness so I am certain we would have some flex if this looked a goer fitness wise.

1van Sprou7e
03-08-2017, 12:06 AM
If I had been told at the end of last season that Hibs would sign Whittaker, Swanson, Murray, Stokes and re-sign Marciano and Ambrose as well as retaining the core of the team from last season, I would have called the messenger delusional.

All that and the prospect of Commons to come!

I suspect that some pruning of the squad will happen either by transfers (Graham) or loans (Shaw etc.)

Don't forget signing a 22 year old who already has 20 caps for his country on a permanent deal