PDA

View Full Version : Hibs then and now

SirDavidsNapper
02-08-2017, 04:16 PM
I know this has been covered before but I was thinking about the state we were in after we were relegated compared to now as we approach our first game back in Premiership. Back then we were a club in turmoil. Down to around 6 or 7 first team players, no manager, no plan and nothing but negativity surrounding the club. Fast forward 3 years and what a transformation. Vibrant on and off the park. SC hoodo over, a very good group of players with a winning mentality, 5 internationalists signed during the summer, record season ticket sales, a very capable management team and nothing but optimism for the season ahead. It's quite remarkable if you think about it. I can't wait for Saturday and may even have a tear in my eye when the famous green and white run out the tunnel back where we belong in better health than ever before. GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

DarlingtonHibee
02-08-2017, 04:30 PM
This, and yes my eyes are filling.

mjhibby
02-08-2017, 04:31 PM
I know this has been covered before but I was thinking about the state we were in after we were relegated compared to now as we approach our first game back in Premiership. Back then we were a club in turmoil. Down to around 6 or 7 first team players, no manager, no plan and nothing but negativity surrounding the club. Fast forward 3 years and what a transformation. Vibrant on and off the park. SC hoodo over, a very good group of players with a winning mentality, 5 internationalists signed during the summer, record season ticket sales, a very capable management team and nothing but optimism for the season ahead. It's quite remarkable if you think about it. I can't wait for Saturday and may even have a tear in my eye when the famous green and white run out the tunnel back where we belong in better health than ever before. GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

It's been an amazing transformation on any level. Horrible feeling when we got relegated. Stubbsy has to take huge credit with some tremendous signings and the Scottish cup win was priceless on so many levels. If we can avoid the amount if injuries we had last season it going to be great. I'd be happy to be 5th or 6th but I'm sure our manager will be expecting a lot more. Leanne of course deserves so much credit and it's no coincidence the club is in such a good place. We will never have a better opportunity to make our mark in Scottish football as we have in the next couple of seasons.

where'stheslope
02-08-2017, 04:42 PM
For me its all about one small step at a time!

If we go to fast it can crumble very quickly, (see the other side of the city) rather than exceed expectations and become disillusioned when it is not all going our way.

In the real world we secure Premiership status and hopefully get top 6, anything above that is a bonus!!!!

Ayrshire Hibbie
02-08-2017, 04:46 PM
And the best signing of all.....Leeann Depster

Ayrshire Hibbie
02-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Sorry I meant Dempster!

hfc rd
02-08-2017, 04:48 PM
And the best signing of all.....Leeann Dempster

This. None of the success over the past 3 years on and off the park would have been achieved without her at the top. Whoever brought her to the club deserves a huge pat on the back!

Ayrshire Hibbie
02-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Sorry I meant Dempster!

Ayrshire Hibbie
02-08-2017, 05:10 PM
And the best signing of all.....Leeann Depster

sleeping giant
02-08-2017, 05:11 PM
:greengrin

Just give up man :faf:

Famous Fiver
02-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Don't forget Ricky Ross singing the EDINBURGH song SOL at Edinburgh Castle the other night!!

Just Alf
02-08-2017, 05:21 PM
This, and yes my eyes are filling.Totally agree...although my eyes are filling for a different reason, my new job means I'm only off one weekend in 4 so my season ticket renewal is finally confirmed as a "no go"

Aaargh!

:-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk