PDA

View Full Version : Business done after Stokes?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Anyone think that will be us finished now unless we let players go/sell? Can imagine the Stokes deal has taken a really big chunk of the budget.

Brightside
02-08-2017, 10:26 AM
No

scoopyboy
02-08-2017, 10:27 AM
outgoings perhaps

erin go bragh
02-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Another striker and a pacy winger ( only got Boyle )
Graham to leave and maybe Shaw to go out on loan till January.
Some squad we have just now though.

Souter96Mac
02-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Can see Shaw going out on loan, graham leaving permanently. And I can see us bring one or two on loans

S4uzee
02-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Another striker and a pacy winger ( only got Boyle )
Graham to leave and maybe Shaw to go out on loan till January.
Some squad we have just now though.

Agreed. Left sided winger and a Striker to replace Graham and that's us IMO

jdships
02-08-2017, 10:35 AM
outgoings perhaps

:agree:
still a bit of "dead wood" around :greengrin:wink:

SRHibs
02-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Priority now has to be holding on to SJM!

BSEJVT
02-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Would either of you two gentlemen care to hazard a guess at remaining incomings and outgoings.

No pressure :-)

Don't worry I wont hold you to it!

I could see Crane, Martin & Graham going permanently

Porteous & Shaw on 6 month loans

I still think we might see Fyvie back

I would really like a left winger and another striker and Commons if he can get fit and I would be happy with that

Oh and Liam Henderson too

ps this is a wish list in so far as incomings and I don't for a minute think that is what we will get

The_Horde
02-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Agreed. Left sided winger and a Striker to replace Graham and that's us IMO

Don't think we'll get a winger though, more likely to play stokes there if we get another striker. Still think we need a midfielder

mutley
02-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Didn't Lennon say that he wanted a squad of about 20? I've no idea how many we have at the minute

Big_Franck
02-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I would hope for a left sided midfielder/winger and another striker.

The fact that Brian Graham didn't feature in the last couple of league cup matches, and that when Deivy signed Lennon said we'd needed a big stirker, tells me that Lennon doesn't have Graham in his plans. If he does go I'd expect we'd replace him with another forward who might be a squad player as I don't think Shaw is quite ready yet.

Col2
02-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I would think we might try and get another striker on loan potentially.

Ciftci wouldn't be a bad shout given he is so out of the picture. A wee loan deal with Celtic isn't out of the question.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try for a strong talent like Lewis Morgan who is an exciting winger.

Commons will take care of itself, not time bound and depending on fitness. We may keep some cash back for that deal if by end of window we think it's look likely.

I am worried some of this will be balanced with McGinn going but fingers crossed hopefully that remains quiet.

TRC
02-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Didn't Lennon say that he wanted a squad of about 20? I've no idea how many we have at the minute

24 first team players just now. 5 youngsters included and Graham so realistically 18 players.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Hopefully not.

Even if (when) Stokes does sign, I still feel we're 1-2 players away from having a squad capable of challenging Aberdeen and Sevco over the course of a full season.

Scottie
02-08-2017, 10:55 AM
24 first team players just now. 5 youngsters included and Graham so realistically 18 players.
Bit disrespectible to Graham. He's no world beater but he's a decent enough squad target man.

Firestarter
02-08-2017, 10:57 AM
A winger and another forward would be lovely.

scoopyboy
02-08-2017, 11:02 AM
My fear is losing John McGinn.

madabouthibs
02-08-2017, 11:04 AM
*tin hat on*
I think Graham is a decent enough squad member and I'd be happy to have him as an option on the bench. Also think Oli Shaw would benefit more from staying with our first team this season, at least till January, than going out on loan to the 1St or 2nd divisions.

Sean1875
02-08-2017, 11:10 AM
I would think we might try and get another striker on loan potentially.

Ciftci wouldn't be a bad shout given he is so out of the picture. A wee loan deal with Celtic isn't out of the question.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try for a strong talent like Lewis Morgan who is an exciting winger.

Commons will take care of itself, not time bound and depending on fitness. We may keep some cash back for that deal if by end of window we think it's look likely.

I am worried some of this will be balanced with McGinn going but fingers crossed hopefully that remains quiet.

Lewis Morgan would be a great shout if its possible and suits that need for a pacy left sided winger - was very impressed when I saw him at ER last year!

I could be wrong though but im sure I saw that St Mirren turned down a half decent sum for him this summe...

EDIT: Quick google search and can see that they turned down a 200k bid from an English Championship side and have stated hes not for sale.. that's that then :greengrin Interesting that he only has 1 year left on his current deal though.. potentially swoop in Jan but I imagine he will have plenty options

Col2
02-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Lewis Morgan would be a great shout if its possible and suits that need for a pacy left sided winger - was very impressed when I saw him at ER last year!

I could be wrong though but im sure I saw that St Mirren turned down a half decent sum for him this summe...

EDIT: Quick google search and can see that they turned down a 200k bid from an English Championship side and have stated hes not for sale.. that's that then :greengrin

£200k for us is not impossible especially with sell on deal with St Mirren. It might help them get 3 players.

Sean1875
02-08-2017, 11:15 AM
£200k for us is not impossible especially with sell on deal with St Mirren. It might help them get 3 players.

Agreed but I fear that the increase in wages offered to Stokes could potentially have cut in to the available transfer kitty - he's a cracking player though!

we are hibs
02-08-2017, 11:17 AM
still need another forward and brian graham to leave

Bob Box Fish
02-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Keeping mcginn should be priority. We won't be able to replace him and with mcgeoghs injury record we would be weak in centre midfield.

S4uzee
02-08-2017, 12:04 PM

You heard something?

TRC
02-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Bit disrespectible to Graham. He's no world beater but he's a decent enough squad target man.

Wasn't intended like that, just meant if rumours are true that he is departing. I agree that when needed he's a half decent squad player.

hibees 7062
02-08-2017, 12:17 PM
I see Rooney's been left out of the sheeps squad for the second leg

ian cruise
02-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Keeping mcginn should be priority. We won't be able to replace him and with mcgeoghs injury record we would be weak in centre midfield.

If McGinn does go it's because we've received an offer of 4/5 million and we can't afford to turn that down. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen but should that be the case I hope people on here (and elsewhere) remember how well the board has backed Neil so far and it's not panic stations.

Speedway
02-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Here you go. http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323012-Hibernian-First-Team-Squad-2017-18

Here's my controversial statement. I'm not sure we'd miss him as much as we think we would.

Sean1875
02-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I see Rooney's been left out of the sheeps squad for the second leg

He's injured supposedly, doubt theres any more to it

GreenLake
02-08-2017, 12:19 PM

The store just sent my new home shirt with McGinn 7 on the back. LD would have told them to hold off if they were thinking about letting him go.

Bob Box Fish
02-08-2017, 12:22 PM
If McGinn does go it's because we've received an offer of 4/5 million and we can't afford to turn that down. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen but should that be the case I hope people on here (and elsewhere) remember how well the board has backed Neil so far and it's not panic stations.

I think if we we offered 3 million with two years left on his contract Petrie would drive him there....

I would keep him.

hibbydog
02-08-2017, 12:31 PM
I also fear losing SJM. If we do it will be for top dollar and if it does happen I hope we have enough time to source a replacement.

We hold the aces here, and I trust Lennon/ Dempster.

southsider
If we start a new pun thread for A Dam Rooney do you think we might get him too ?

Brightside
Here you go. http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323012-Hibernian-First-Team-Squad-2017-18

Here's my controversial statement. I'm not sure we'd miss him as much as we think we would.

Certainly not as much as we would have. The emergence of Fraser Murray and the signing of Bob puts us in a much better position. BUT i'd still rather keep him.

Brightside
02-08-2017, 12:32 PM
The store just sent my new home shirt with McGinn 7 on the back. LD would have told them to hold off if they were thinking about letting him go.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

West lower
02-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I think if we we offered 3 million with two years left on his contract Petrie would drive him there....

I would keep him.

I love the way that Dempster gets the praise for incoming transfers, but Petrie apparently does the evil outgoing ones. Knock a dig at you, it's the .net way.

Speedway
02-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Certainly not as much as we would have. The emergence of Fraser Murray and the signing of Bob puts us in a much better position. BUT i'd still rather keep him.

Absolutely.

NAE NOOKIE
02-08-2017, 12:44 PM
We need another striker because we just don't know at this stage how every one we have will pan out .... for different reasons all of them have question marks as to how they will do in the Premiership.

A left winger would be nice ..... but with the signing of Stokes for what will be our maximum possible wage settlement I do fear we wont have much left to play with regarding transfer fees or wages, from that POV a loan move will probably be the best option if we want a decent player.

Like everybody else my biggest fear is losing John McGinn .... he has looked really good in pre season and the league cup, apart from a wee spell against Montrose where the SJM who gives the ball away too often reared his head. I wouldn't have too much concern about losing him if we were guaranteed a fully fit McGeouch for the season, but that's unlikely.

02-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Would love it if we got Hendo but I don't think it'll happen. Haven't yet given up hope though. Squad is in great shape even if we don't sign anyone else.