PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Goals

Pages : [1] 2

student
01-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Does anybody know if the club have anything in place for the first home game of the season, to replace the Behind the Goals Bar. Me and my dad have been regulars in here for years and are wondering if the club will provide something temporary for a pre match pint?

Brightside
01-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Does anybody know if the club have anything in place for the first home game of the season, to replace the Behind the Goals Bar. Me and my dad have been regulars in here for years and are wondering if the club will provide something temporary for a pre match pint?

Yes. Outdoor bar going in between east and south stand. ST holders only.

DarrenSQH
01-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Yeah theres gonna be a bar at the east stand on saturday.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2017, 03:01 PM
400 people capacity and hopefully increasing that to 1000 in due course.

student
01-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Yes. Outdoor bar going in between east and south stand. ST holders only.

That's great, thank you! I have been out the country so maybe missed this!

CockneyRebel
01-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Marquee going up behind the East stand at the South stand end in time for the first home game. Club will continue to look for a permanent solution.

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2017, 03:03 PM
400 people capacity and hopefully increasing that to 1000 in due course.

When was this announced?

bingo70
01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
When was this announced?

It's not been, it was apparently discussed at the working together meeting last night.

I'm assuming it's going to be in the area where the car park is just now in the corner?

Billy Whizz
01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
When was this announced?

Don't think it was announced, but mentioned on the LWT Thread I think?

Billy Whizz
01-08-2017, 03:06 PM
It's not been, it was apparently discussed at the working together meeting last night.

I'm assuming it's going to be in the area where the car park is just now in the corner?

East and south Corner was mentioned

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2017, 03:08 PM

Ok cheers.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Ok cheers.

Away season ticket holders get priority I think

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Away season ticket holders get priority I think

So it will be full of Partick fans then. ;-)

Since90+2
01-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Must be a fair size marquee if it can accommodate up to 400 people.

Mikey
01-08-2017, 03:15 PM
East and south Corner was mentioned

Excellent. Lobbing bottles at the queuing Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans should be no problem :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-08-2017, 03:16 PM
So it will be full of Partick fans then. ;-)

😄😄

Big_Franck
01-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Excellent. Lobbing bottles at the queuing Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans should be no problem :greengrin

Potential for trouble is the first thing I thought of when I read it's to be between the east and the south. Strange place for it and cant see how it'll work for Cat A games.

Hopefully we'll see an announcement from the club on this soon. Season starts on sat and we've heard hee haw about the BTG replacement.

Sean1875
01-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Still majorly gutted about BTG closing :boo hoo:

MyJo
01-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Potential for trouble is the first thing I thought of when I read it's to be between the east and the south. Strange place for it and cant see how it'll work for Cat A games.

Hopefully we'll see an announcement from the club on this soon. Season starts on sat and we've heard hee haw about the BTG replacement.

I don't think it will actually be between the stands as there is a big fence separating the areas to keep fans segregated.

More likely that what was meant was at the South end of the east stand where there is a fair amount of open space that could accomodate a marquee

Real Emerald
01-08-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm pleased something is being done but a marquee for 400 people would suggest standing. Not exactly a replacement for most of the old guys and young kids who are regulars of BTG. It's such a shame that a modern stadium with masses of internal space resorts to putting loyal ST holders in a tent. I'll give it a go and may be pleasantly surprised, we'll see.

hibee_girl
01-08-2017, 03:35 PM

It went up today

Mikey
01-08-2017, 03:43 PM

It went up today

Is that your caravan in the background?

:tee hee:

hibee_girl
01-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Is that your caravan in the background?

:tee hee:

No!

Mine isn't that posh :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
STH only on Saturday. Could get a pint at half time there :greengrin

Since90+2
01-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Absolutely perfect for a pre match pint if like me your in Sec 43 , about a 5 second walk to the turnstyle :greengrin

SRHibs
01-08-2017, 03:54 PM
STH only on Saturday. Could get a pint at half time there :greengrin

Can you actually go for a pint at half time? Would be class if so. I know you can't drink in stadiums but would the tent fall under the same regulations? Probably wishful thinking here.

My ST is S43 though, so I'm happy regardless.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Can you actually go for a pint at half time? Would be class if so. I know you can't drink in stadiums but would the tent fall under the same regulations? Probably wishful thinking here.

I doubt it. Alcohol sales are banned in Scottish football grounds except hospitality.

Ritchie
01-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Anybody know if kids are allowed in the marquee?

Ritchie
01-08-2017, 04:07 PM

My ST is S43 though, so I'm happy regardless.

no chance unfortunately thanks to the tramps in the West.

Big_Franck
01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm pleased something is being done but a marquee for 400 people would suggest standing. Not exactly a replacement for most of the old guys and young kids who are regulars of BTG. It's such a shame that a modern stadium with masses of internal space resorts to putting loyal ST holders in a tent. I'll give it a go and may be pleasantly surprised, we'll see.

Agree re the elder punters and kids. Plenty of space inside our stadium.

Looking at the location of the tent in the photo it looks ideal for me. I'm in sect 43 as well so couldnt be any handier :greengrin

Famous Fiver
01-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Looks a million times better than that carbuncle costing north of £14 Mill in Gorgie!!!

Sean1875
01-08-2017, 04:11 PM

Looking at the location of the tent in the photo it looks ideal for me. I'm in sect 43 as well so couldnt be any handier :greengrin

Likewise! A quick crawl to the turnstile at 14:58 - sorted :greengrin

Real Emerald
01-08-2017, 04:12 PM

It's ideal for my seats too but I don't fancy standing holding a beer with my jacket on constantly for 2 hours. Just hope there's some tables and chairs for early arrivals. As I said it might turn out great so will give it a go.

Iggy Pope
01-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Just need to throw up another 400 -1000 capacity tents at another couple of corners of the ground and we are all sorted for queues and plastic tumblers. Shame about BTG. A great facility and pretty unique.

student
01-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Marquee looks really good! I am sure my dad will still find something to moan about... but that will never change! Just hope the pints are better than they were behind the goals!

Sean1875
01-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Just need to throw up another 400 -1000 capacity tents at another couple of corners of the ground and we are all sorted for queues and plastic tumblers. Shame about BTG. A great facility and pretty unique.

400 1000 capacity tents? Unfortunately there's only one team in Edinburgh that has 400,000 fans :boo hoo: :greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
400 1000 capacity tents? Unfortunately there's only one team in Edinburgh that has 400,000 fans :boo hoo: :greengrin

:wink:Time we were competing. Build the tents, they will come.

RoYO!
01-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Looks expensive tbh. Has the refit/ redevelopment work begun on the north? Anyone know how much hibs are getting each year for rent?

Any chance that's where the shows are being housed for the festival?

Real Emerald
01-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Marquee looks really good! I am sure my dad will still find something to moan about... but that will never change! Just hope the pints are better than they were behind the goals!

Cheeky b......, just coz you'll be still on the all inclusive in Mexico and I'll be standing in a tent with a plastic cup and crap beer😂😂

CapitalGreen
01-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Marquee signing

student
01-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Cheeky b......, just coz you'll be still on the all inclusive in Mexico and I'll be standing in a tent with a plastic cup and crap beer😂😂

The beer is served in plastic cups at the pool here!! It's a little bit more torable though as it's free haha!!

cmcd
01-08-2017, 05:18 PM

According to LD there will be seating

Keith_M
01-08-2017, 05:25 PM

Wimps! You should stand at the bar, like real men.

:wink:

Beefster
01-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Looks expensive tbh.

How can a white tent look expensive?!

MyJo
01-08-2017, 05:37 PM

The same way a £14m main stand can look horrendously cheap and tacky.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2017, 05:49 PM
When was this announced?

Yeah just for the avoidance of doubt I have no inside info I'm just going on what was reported on here from last night's meeting.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Underwhelming tbh, we've got a modern stadium completely rebuilt over last 20 years yet we are putting up tents rather than having a proper space within the stadium.

Real Emerald
01-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Good, my bad knee can only stand so long, not getting any younger 😩

Andy74
01-08-2017, 05:57 PM

You ever had to pay for and fit out a marquee? It's mental the price of these things, but does depend on quality.

HibbyAndy
01-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Underwhelming tbh, we've got a modern stadium completely rebuilt over last 20 years yet we are putting up tents rather than having a proper space within the stadium.

:agree:

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 06:09 PM

I think its a good idea, a fan zone type thing.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 06:11 PM

West isn't an option as that is already fitted out with hospitality and offices etc.

South can't hold it for obvious reasons.

FF space has been given over to other community projects, probably due to the position of the stand being on the main road and easily accessible.

The most sensible solution would be to have the east stand fitted out with a first floor and have supporters bars put in there but that takes time and money so a marquee is a temporary solution until something else can be arranged.

surely its better that than having nothing at all.

bod
01-08-2017, 06:13 PM

It went up today

where's the lavies ?

Eaststandee
01-08-2017, 06:17 PM
How anyone can moan about this is beyond me. Great idea, look forward to a pre match pint.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

brog
01-08-2017, 06:20 PM
I doubt it. Alcohol sales are banned in Scottish football grounds except hospitality.

Unless there's a rugby game taking place in the football stadium, ludicrous!

Tyler Durden
01-08-2017, 06:21 PM

There is proper space in the stadium - it's being used to maximise revenues for the club rather than the needs of a few hundred people once a fortnight. Clearly the club are committed to catering for the BTG crowd though and a longer term solution is being sought.

In the meantime good on them for getting this marquee sorted.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2017, 06:47 PM

I'm disappointed that BTG was taken away without any real consultation but this can only be a positive thing. The club has said that they are planning on a more permanent solution but this is certainly better than nothing.

Plus I sit in the east stand so I can stay for an extra drink before going to my seat! :greengrin

Since90+2
01-08-2017, 06:52 PM
West isn't an option as that is already fitted out with hospitality and offices etc.

South can't hold it for obvious reasons.

FF space has been given over to other community projects, probably due to the position of the stand being on the main road and easily accessible.

The most sensible solution would be to have the east stand fitted out with a first floor and have supporters bars put in there but that takes time and money so a marquee is a temporary solution until something else can be arranged.

surely its better that than having nothing at all.

Would it not cost a bomb to retro fit a floor , stairs and supporters bars in the East?

green&left
01-08-2017, 06:53 PM
I think its a good idea, a fan zone type thing.

Like wise. I've ordered beer from a tent outside the San Siro and Olympiastadion Berlin but having one outside Easter Road is underwhelming. :rolleyes::greengrin

tamig
01-08-2017, 07:12 PM

How many other grounds in Scotland offer anything similar? The club are doing well for the fans here.

tamig
01-08-2017, 07:13 PM
:wink:Time we were competing. Build the tents, they will come.

Will chips be served though? That is the baw breaker.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Would it not cost a bomb to retro fit a floor , stairs and supporters bars in the East?

Depending on how extensive they want to make it, it would certainly cost a bob or two to get done which is probably why they aren't committing to it straight away.

If they did it in a way that it was revenue generating outwith matchdays it would make it more feasible. Make it a sports bar with snooker/pool tables etc as well as the bars and have it open to the public outwith matchdays to bring money into the club.

Other than that its probably a semi-permanent structure like the marquee for matchdays only until finances allow for more permanent arrangement or further stadium development.

Criswell
01-08-2017, 09:54 PM
As a regular BTG user for years I'm disappointed that it's gone. The replacement does not sound very appealing (if you can ever get in!) Also disappointed that the board did not feel it was necessary to explain fully why this is happening. Not great PR!

Radium
01-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Depending on how extensive they want to make it, it would certainly cost a bob or two to get done which is probably why they aren't committing to it straight away.

If they did it in a way that it was revenue generating outwith matchdays it would make it more feasible. Make it a sports bar with snooker/pool tables etc as well as the bars and have it open to the public outwith matchdays to bring money into the club.

Other than that its probably a semi-permanent structure like the marquee for matchdays only until finances allow for more permanent arrangement or further stadium development.

I had always thought that the steel structure inside the east suggested that a second level was thought about at the design phase.

My degrees are in chemistry though [emoji481][emoji483][emoji485]🥃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
01-08-2017, 10:18 PM
How many other grounds in Scotland offer anything similar? The club are doing well for the fans here.

Quite a few really although smaller scale.

We had it though and it feels like we've taken a step back on an important fan offering for something more of benefit to the community than us.

We are a football team at the end of the day. If the other stuff is making us a lot of money then fine but it's a dangerous game to play. It has been part of the match experience, particularly for families.

Tyler Durden
02-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Quite a few really although smaller scale.

We had it though and it feels like we've taken a step back on an important fan offering for something more of benefit to the community than us.

We are a football team at the end of the day. If the other stuff is making us a lot of money then fine but it's a dangerous game to play. It has been part of the match experience, particularly for families.

More benefit to the community than us? Presumably your "us" being the people who used BTG, as it's certainly not us meaning Hibs overall. The community is Hibs too of course.

Clearly this arrangement is going to make the club considerably more money or we wouldn't be doing it. Interesting that several posters back anything the club does until it's something that impacts their routine.

SChibs
02-08-2017, 06:27 AM
As a regular BTG user for years I'm disappointed that it's gone. The replacement does not sound very appealing (if you can ever get in!) Also disappointed that the board did not feel it was necessary to explain fully why this is happening. Not great PR!

It was explained last season through leaflets in behind the goals and a statement on the club website

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-08-2017, 06:42 AM
More benefit to the community than us? Presumably your "us" being the people who used BTG, as it's certainly not us meaning Hibs overall. The community is Hibs too of course.

Clearly this arrangement is going to make the club considerably more money or we wouldn't be doing it. Interesting that several posters back anything the club does until it's something that impacts their routine.

I had heard that we are renting out the whole interior, amd that we are getting commercial rent for it. No idea how much that woyld be, but bound to be some commercial property bods on here who would know?

Monts
02-08-2017, 08:34 AM
I had heard that we are renting out the whole interior, amd that we are getting commercial rent for it. No idea how much that woyld be, but bound to be some commercial property bods on here who would know?

I'm not sure how much rent we will be getting, but it must undoubtedly be significantly more than the takings from a bar that's only open around 100 hours a year.

Ritchie
02-08-2017, 08:40 AM

I heard it was being rented out to the NHS and the money we are getting was too good to turn down.

Andy74
02-08-2017, 08:54 AM

I think you are missing my point.

Yes, football stadiums are used by supporters pretty much only on match days, however, the match day experience is very important.

We assume this is making us money - we haven't heard. We are keen on the community side so I wouldn't be wiling to bet that this is purely money making.

My routine is neither here nor there - it was packed every week, particularly with families.

My daughter loved going there and was part of going to the game for her. They put on games and had the mascot come round etc. At her age she's not really fussed about the game. We just need to be careful we aren't putting off young fans of the future by not having those facilities. If we have plans then great, but the season starts this week and we've heard not a lot on the future offering.

It's not like closing a pub and telling punters to go to the one down the road - it was a mix of facilities that will be very difficult for people to get elsewhere.

BSEJVT
02-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Having never used BTG and never intended to, its loss is no big deal to me.

As usual there is the conflict between those than did and the wider benefit the club get from using the space differently.

I would like to think that the offer the club had to use the space was to good to turn down and there was an immediacy to it that prompted them to act before arranging a suitable alternative.

Hats off to them for doing so in time for the season to start but I do wonder how appealing that temporary solution is going to be mid winter.

The next steps are going to be interesting and controversial.

Truckloads of folk have complained long and hard about infrastructure v team spending, many of whom have warned that they don't want to see it re-occurring.

I wonder if (for those of them that used BTG) their self interests will overcome that mantra and how others like me who couldn't care less will react.

I have always believed that infrastructure spending that can deliver increased revenue at a reasonable ROR is worthwhile so I wont be bitching about it but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

My money would be on a new build in the car park between the east and FF to enclose / square off that part of the stadium and increase seating numbers

Brightside
02-08-2017, 09:22 AM
BTG ended up being a total shambles in the last year once they opened it up to anyone with a ticket. Bar staff couldnt cope, far too many people, ST holders not getting in. But the claim was that it didn't make enough money with just ST holders.

Having a Marquee at that end of the ground sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Far too close to away fans.

bingo70
02-08-2017, 09:27 AM
BTG ended up being a total shambles in the last year once they opened it up to anyone with a ticket. Bar staff couldnt cope, far too many people, ST holders not getting in. But the claim was that it didn't make enough money with just ST holders.

Having a Marquee at that end of the ground sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Far too close to away fans.

Wasn't really a shambles, just some people had to stand and although the queues looked big it wasn't any more than a 5-10 minute wait. When it got full people couldn't get in.

bingo70
02-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Yes, football stadiums are used by supporters pretty much only on match days, however, the match day experience is very important.

We assume this is making us money - we haven't heard. We are keen on the community side so I wouldn't be wiling to bet that this is purely money making.

My routine is neither here nor there - it was packed every week, particularly with families.

My daughter loved going there and was part of going to the game for her. They put on games and had the mascot come round etc. At her age she's not really fussed about the game. We just need to be careful we aren't putting off young fans of the future by not having those facilities. If we have plans then great, but the season starts this week and we've heard not a lot on the future offering.

It's not like closing a pub and telling punters to go to the one down the road - it was a mix of facilities that will be very difficult for people to get elsewhere.

Completely agree, BTG closing is a problem for me as it makes it difficult to go for a pint before the games when I take my boy and rightly or wrongly that's a big part of the day out I enjoy. Likewise he enjoyed the whole day out that came with going to the pub first, he's not going to sit in a normal boozer though, especially a busy one. There's talk of a family zone at norton house (or park, whatever it's called) but again it's not really ideal for the both of us, he'll maybe enjoy it which is great but hundreds of screaming kids, face painting and a bouncy castle isn't really how I'm wanting to spend my day before the football.

At least with the marquee going up they've done something, be interesting to hear how family friendly it's going to be.

Since90+2
02-08-2017, 09:51 AM
I suspect the marquee will be less family friendly than BTG simply because its outside the East stand and that area tends to be a younger crowd rather than the FF with the family and older folk. I think its likely to end up as last chance to grab another pint before the game type area rather a family zone.

It actually suits me and probably a lot of folk in the East but probably not for those with kids.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-08-2017, 09:57 PM
I suspect the marquee will be less family friendly than BTG simply because its outside the East stand and that area tends to be a younger crowd rather than the FF with the family and older folk. I think its likely to end up as last chance to grab another pint before the game type area rather a family zone.

It actually suits me and probably a lot of folk in the East but probably not for those with kids.

I think it's highly unlikely to be as family friendly as BTG, I didn't use it (my routine is Hibs Club) but it was a good, popular facility, with potential to be better.

Unfortunately it seems to have been deliberately allowed to deteriorate with ST holders losing priority, and then lost altogether with little, if any consultation. A tent, particularly once it gets towards winter months is unlikely to create the same, safe family space that was available before.

liscious_hibs
02-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Would it not cost a bomb to retro fit a floor , stairs and supporters bars in the East?Not really, I manage in hospitality (massive chain) and when ever I've seen an expansion it's come at reasonably low cost for what it is (I work in a pub that had a hotel added on). The most expensive part would be the beer lines and the cellar but striking up an exclusive deal with Heineken for example leads to a massive discount on that since Heineken run inserve. All in all maybe 750k - 1m. Also a space that large could be multi-use with a function hall or pool room which could be sub-let to a company like the ball room with a profit share scheme which would add a massive financial boost if it were to be open 7days a week. Huge cash cow, can't think if anywhere to play pool other than dianes pool hall or the casino tbh so could be a great source of income especially if there's a way to segregate it from the main east concourse And if you add on a small kitchen and serve food even more of a mark up very much like the set up in the boot room at Anfield (which btw is exceptional)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
03-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Not sure how I missed this thread but looks great - exactly what we have been asking for - hopefully prices are reasonable and beer decent! :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Not sure how I missed this thread but looks great - exactly what we have been asking for - hopefully prices are reasonable and beer decent! :thumbsup:

Not likely :greengrin

bingo70
03-08-2017, 01:49 PM

I'd have thought it would make sense to make it a bottle bar. cans of Guinness for the awkward *******s.

silverhibee
03-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Any pictures of what it looks like inside, will it just be standing or will seating be put in as well.

Nicho87
03-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Did we find out if kids are allowed in ?

Ritchie
03-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Did we find out if kids are allowed in ?

not yet although hibs have just announced a kids zone so there's a chance the new marquee is for adults only.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7746

ian cruise
03-08-2017, 03:30 PM
I am not a season ticket holder so it doesn't affect me but I have always quite liked the marquee type set up at rugby and other events. Let's see how it works going forward and feed back to the club, no point worrying about it until we've seen it in operation.

DarrenSQH
03-08-2017, 03:44 PM
1000 hibs fans drinking close to the stand pre derbies and big games sounds like it could be great. Much better than behind the goals.

Think theres a kids zone at the west from now on.

we are hibs
03-08-2017, 03:49 PM
what's in the big space between the east and famous 5 stands?

CapitalGreen
03-08-2017, 03:50 PM
what's in the big space between the east and famous 5 stands?

Car park

Brightside
03-08-2017, 04:02 PM
1000 hibs fans drinking close to the stand pre derbies and big games sounds like it could be great. Much better than behind the goals.

It sounds like madness to me!

I'm_cabbaged
03-08-2017, 04:10 PM
It sounds like madness to me!

Aye, one step beyond.

I'm going to get slated on the pm board now 😂

Bristolhibby
03-08-2017, 04:16 PM
How anyone can moan about this is beyond me. Great idea, look forward to a pre match pint.

ST holders only, there's my moan (being a out of town on ST fan).

Bath rugby do a similar thing and I have to say it's brilliant. (Cough, cough open to all fans with a ticket, ST or not).

Edit - here it is.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00001sV32Woa6yo/s/600/BATH-LEICESTER-200914-005.jpg

J

3pm
03-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Can you see the castle from the marquee?

lucky
03-08-2017, 04:28 PM
If people don't want to go to the tent there's plenty of bars in Leith for a pint. Yet again Hibs have come up with a solution and folk still moan

Eaststandee
03-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Bath rugby do a similar thing and I have to say it's brilliant. (Cough, cough open to all fans with a ticket, ST or not).

Edit - here it is.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00001sV32Woa6yo/s/600/BATH-LEICESTER-200914-005.jpg

JI didn't know that, but that's completely understandable to grumble about, seems very unfair.

If it's anything like that I'll sneak you a pint out. [emoji6]

Argylehibby
03-08-2017, 06:05 PM

Edit - here it is.

J

How many fans turn up at the rugby? Serious question by the way.

kaimendhibs
03-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Jesus wept. Best transfer window I can remember, a terrific squad, record season ticket holders and there are people moaning about a beer tent. Give me strength

BoltonHibee
03-08-2017, 07:19 PM
If people don't want to go to the tent there's plenty of bars in Leith for a pint. Yet again Hibs have come up with a solution and folk still moan

Easter Road must be the best ground in the UK for pubs so close to it

Scouse Hibee
03-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Agreed, spoilt for choice.

Tyler Durden
03-08-2017, 07:38 PM

I don't think I did miss your point. I was focusing on your point that we'd removed BTG for something that benefits the community more than it will Hibs. I think that's pretty clearly wrong.

I do sympathise with the keeping the kids entertained whilst enjoying the game/day yourself challenge -I'll be in the same boat in a few years time. Hopefully the new facilities that Hibs have now announced fill that void.

I don't think Hibs could've done much more here, hats off to LD again

Criswell
03-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Anybody got any idea what BTG is being transformed into? I've only heard rumours that it's going to be some sort of health hub? Nothing official has ever been released that I'm aware of.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Anybody got any idea what BTG is being transformed into? I've only heard rumours that it's going to be some sort of health hub? Nothing official has ever been released that I'm aware of.

It's going to be used as an NHS facility but no-one seem to know if it's started yet or not.

GreenCastle
03-08-2017, 09:48 PM

One of the best parts of the big games is seeing fans on the streets on the way to ER singing and building up the atmosphere.

I really hope this is popular and the club expand it :thumbsup:

Largshibby
03-08-2017, 09:59 PM
It's going to be used as an NHS facility but no-one seem to know if it's started yet or not.

Does anyone know why the NHS hub wasn't put into the South Stand (assume it has the same space as FF).

ian cruise
03-08-2017, 10:09 PM
As long as they have plenty 0f people serving and some music (SOL and other Proclaimers, Admiral Fallow, Blue Rose Code - all good Hibbies, alongside classic Hibs tunes then you've got a great atmosphere being generated pregame which will hopefully filter round the rest off the ground.

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2017, 10:31 PM

My mother was offered physiotherapy and was told it was at ER and she could go next month. I don't know if it's up and running just now though.

tamig
03-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know why the NHS hub wasn't put into the South Stand (assume it has the same space as FF).

Large sections of the South are undeveloped. There's scope for development in future obviously. The FF is fully kitted out, so much easier for someone to move straight in there.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2017, 04:08 AM

Nah, Brentford united, Griffin Park has a pub on every corner of the ground. It's unique actually.

marinello59
04-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Nah, Brentford united, Griffin Park has a pub on every corner of the ground. It's unique actually.

One of them is closed now. Brentford are sadly planning to move to a new ground as well.

07BigD
04-08-2017, 07:28 AM
where's the lavies ?Portaloos at the far side of the tent

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

07BigD
04-08-2017, 07:31 AM

It's not like closing a pub and telling punters to go to the one down the road - it was a mix of facilities that will be very difficult for people to get elsewhere.They have set up a kids zone in Norton Park conference centre

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 08:03 AM
They have set up a kids zone in Norton Park conference centre

BTG was a multi functional family friendly facility used by all ages. It was a warm dry comfortable environment where young and old alike could spend a couple of hours before the game. Dads and mums could take kids, meet up with friends, have a bite to eat and watch whatever games were on TV. What we have now is a kids play zone where the adults will have to just sit and watch kids playing and an outdoor tent with portaloos that will probably turn into a young team pre match bevy venue.

Old guys who are maybe not so mobile but we're suited by the dynamics of BTG will also loose out I suspect. Many kids who went with parents to BTG have grown up and are regulars there now themselves. Easter Road is a football stadium purpose built with facilities to serve fans on match days. IMO it should be kept that way.

The family friendly atmosphere and club connection provided by BTG is a huge loss and very big mistake. If they were planning closing it, a SUITABLE replacement should have been in place first. With the level the ST are at now it's a kick in the teeth to fans who have been using the facilities of BTG for years when there was little interest from others in going to games at all.

We'll see how it pans out but I think the marquee will be short lived. Who would want to go to a tent for a pint on a freezing January Wednesday night??

Hermit Crab
04-08-2017, 08:04 AM
One of them is closed now. Brentford are sadly planning to move to a new ground as well.

Aw pish, I'll need to get to Griffin Park before it goes.

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 08:22 AM
BTG was a multi functional family friendly facility used by all ages. It was a warm dry comfortable environment where young and old alike could spend a couple of hours before the game. Dads and mums could take kids, meet up with friends, have a bite to eat and watch whatever games were on TV. What we have now is a kids play zone where the adults will have to just sit and watch kids playing and an outdoor tent with portaloos that will probably turn into a young team pre match bevy venue.

Old guys who are maybe not so mobile but we're suited by the dynamics of BTG will also loose out I suspect. Many kids who went with parents to BTG have grown up and are regulars there now themselves. Easter Road is a football stadium purpose built with facilities to serve fans on match days. IMO it should be kept that way.

The family friendly atmosphere and club connection provided by BTG is a huge loss and very big mistake. If they were planning closing it, a SUITABLE replacement should have been in place first. With the level the ST are at now it's a kick in the teeth to fans who have been using the facilities of BTG for years when there was little interest from others in going to games at all.

We'll see how it pans out but I think the marquee will be short lived. Who would want to go to a tent for a pint on a freezing January Wednesday night??

I can understand this view - think we are still missing something in the middle.

Kids zone - great - but only 1 adult ? What about mum and dad wanting to see their kid play?

East tent - great - but will only work if set up properly and managed / organised well.

Older people / people who don't drink - they need to find a suitable alternative so fans can arrive at stadium early enjoy themselves.

I would be interested to know what other stadiums around the UK offer.

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 08:26 AM
I can understand this view - think we are still missing something in the middle.

Kids zone - great - but only 1 adult ? What about mum and dad wanting to see their kid play?

East tent - great - but will only work if set up properly and managed / organised well.

Older people / people who don't drink - they need to find a suitable alternative so fans can arrive at stadium early enjoy themselves.

I would be interested to know what other stadiums around the UK offer.

BTG should have been the model every club was following. It was poorly run at times but was exactly the thing football clubs should be striving to provide. It's a crying shame it's been closed.

Andy74
04-08-2017, 08:31 AM

Exactly what I've been trying to say.

We are assuming we are making good money out of whatever the NHS thing will be, I'm not so sure of that until the details are out.

First and foremost we are a football team who should have been trying to provide the same if not better level of facilities on the day of a game as we have done for years.

We could make good money by selling John McGinn but I don't think that would be brushed off, so money now isn't everything.

Golden Bear
04-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Exactly what I've been trying to say.

We are assuming we are making good money out of whatever the NHS thing will be, I'm not so sure of that until the details are out.

First and foremost we are a football team who should have been trying to provide the same if not better level of facilities on the day of a game as we have done for years.

We could make good money by selling John McGinn but I don't think that would be brushed off, so money now isn't everything.

Looking from the outside, I get the impression that there has been some form of fan involvement in the project but the details and circumstances still seem to shrouded in mystery.

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 08:42 AM
BTG should have been the model every club was following. It was poorly run at times but was exactly the thing football clubs should be striving to provide. It's a crying shame it's been closed.

I think the club are trying to find solutions so let's see how tomorrow goes.

I'm sure LD and co will be looking to maintain the Hibs family feel to match days and understand the importance of it.

It could have been worse - BTG could have been closed and nothing offered instead.

I'm curious to know how much a large marquee is costing and will Hibs make money from the sales in the tent ???

Johnny Clash
04-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Looking from the outside, I get the impression that there has been some form of fan involvement in the project but the details and circumstances still seem to shrouded in mystery.

I think you're right about fan involvement . Tracey reported back in a previous post that options were being considersed by the Hibs Board in light of responses about. closing BTG. I'm sure a permanent solution is getting looked at too. There's no need for any mystery so hopefully our Supporters reps can help feedback ideas from us as each stage develops. I use pubs in Leith myself but I can see loads of supporters want something at the stadium.

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Still nothing official on this yet, I thought they would have said something by now given the time!

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Still nothing official on this yet, I thought they would have said something by now given the time!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7750

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 05:15 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7750

Yes, I see it's up now. Could have put a bit more info into the statement though, is there seats which is important to some, will there be any food available etc. They've said it's basic to start with but could have added a bit more detail. Thanks though 👍

H18 SFR
04-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Yes, I see it's up now. Could have put a bit more info into the statement though, is there seats which is important to some, will there be any food available etc. They've said it's basic to start with but could have added a bit more detail. Thanks though 👍

Given that they've said it is basic I'd go with the view that there are no seats and no food. I have to say though that it looks big for only 400.

Golden Bear
04-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Marquees and Scottish winters just do not compute, that scenario has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. Give me a cosy pub anytime but each to their own.

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Given that they've said it is basic I'd go with the view that there are no seats and no food. I have to say though that it looks big for only 400.

But you're guessing, people may have to make a decision on whether they're able to stand for three hours or not bother going. It would have been easy to give a bit more info that's all.

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 05:31 PM
But you're guessing, people may have to make a decision on whether they're able to stand for three hours or not bother going. It would have been easy to give a bit more info that's all.

I can see it from my window and I haven't seen any seats going in this week.

However I don't spend 24 hours at my window so I may have missed them :greengrin

Lancs Harp
04-08-2017, 05:33 PM

However I don't spend 24 hours at my window so I may have missed them :greengrin

Queen Anne forgot to order the seats. Oh sorry wrong thread. :wink:

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM

If you're that close you could bring a couple of seats from your hoose, and the TV.....and maybe a sandwich 😂

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 05:42 PM
If you're that close you could bring a couple of seats from your hoose, and the TV.....and maybe a sandwich 😂

What a good idea, I'll make a fortune renting out chairs :aok::greengrin

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2017, 05:50 PM

Hope she ordered them in time.

brianmc
04-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Marquees and Scottish winters just do not compute, that scenario has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. Give me a cosy pub anytime but each to their own.

400 folk in a tent and you think it might be too cold?
Hmmm, doubt it.
Mind you, I'm most likely to be sweating like a you know what in the Nip (tsk, Office) with 60/70 more like minded Hibees.

ColinNish
04-08-2017, 07:55 PM
There are seats.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 08:02 PM
There are seats.

TV's?

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Hibs cannae win eh!

lord bunberry
04-08-2017, 08:57 PM
TV's?

I was just thinking that. It would be good to see the early kick off games.

Andy74
04-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Hibs cannae win eh!

They've made the changes so it's natural those that used the facilities will have a view on what's replacing them.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 09:30 PM
I was just thinking that. It would be good to see the early kick off games.

I used to go to BTG goals to watch the early Scottish kick offs, will find out tomorrow then

ColinNish
04-08-2017, 09:42 PM
TV's?

No

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Sounds ideal to me, a great idea and replacement for behind the goals without the constraints of having a permanent venue with no regular income. It won't suit everyone but nothing ever will. With the new Norton park venue for children it sounds ideal, sure some parents will have to forgo their pint but that's life as a parent with young children.

Lancs Harp
04-08-2017, 09:45 PM
TV's?

What about a wireless.

HIBBYSTU T
04-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Why don't we give it a chance,there will be teething problems.The end goal is to have a sports bar
within the EAST.

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Sounds ideal to me, a great idea and replacement for behind the goals without the constraints of having a permanent venue with no regular income. It won't suit everyone but nothing ever will. With the new Norton park venue for children it sounds ideal, sure some parents will have to forgo their pint but that's life as a parent with young children.

Not really ideal tomorrow though with no TV's to see the Celtic v Hearts game and portaloos for the wife. It's something right enough but very far from ideal compared to facilities we've lost.

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Not really ideal tomorrow though with no TV's to see the Celtic v Hearts game and portaloos for the wife. It's something right enough but very far from ideal compared to facilities we've lost.

It's a work in progress, it will be improved as the season progresses if the uptake is there.

lord bunberry
04-08-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm sure your wife will be allowed to drink in the tent mate :greengrin

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 10:22 PM
I'm sure your wife will be allowed to drink in the tent mate :greengrin

That's my business, it's the portaloos for her or nothing, she can come out to buy me a pint. 😂👍

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 10:35 PM
It's a work in progress, it will be improved as the season progresses if the uptake is there.

I've no doubt it will but it's hardly ideal when on the first day of the season most Scottish fans will settle in to watch the opening game on TV before heading through the turnstiles. Hibs had a facility where that was possible and now it hasn't. Marquees go up all over this country every day for golf events, race meetings, weddings you name it. Hibs knew months ago this was going to happen so to say it's ideal is not really accurate. It may improve but the facilities required to replace BTG are not there.

lord bunberry
04-08-2017, 10:42 PM
That's my business, it's the portaloos for her or nothing, she can come out to buy me a pint. 😂👍
:faf::top marks

bingo70
04-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Tbf it's great that you're backing the club but you're ignoring some of the valid points that have been raised by parents that take their kids to games.

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Tbf it's great that you're backing the club but you're ignoring some of the valid points that have been raised by parents that take their kids to games.

I'm not ignoring them, I sympathise to an extent but BTG has gone, the club have provided alternatives and folk just need to tailor their plans to suit what is on offer and get on with it.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Whats wrong with making the bairns atand outside while their old man has a few pints before the game? They can periodically pop out with a csn of irn bru and crisps, and if fhe bairns are really smart they can crush a can and have a game of fitba with it?

Sometimes the old solutions are the best.

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 08:12 AM

Its a pity the closure of BTG was allowed in the first place. And what's more I get the impression that the issue was discussed with some fans (Working Group?) and apparently the Club were given the blessing to proceed. On the face of it, its difficult to comprehend.

However we are where we are so I suppose we'll just have to get on with it.

ColinNish
05-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Its a pity the closure of BTG was allowed in the first place. And what's more I get the impression that the issue was discussed with some fans (Working Group?) and apparently the Club were given the blessing to proceed. On the face of it, its difficult to comprehend.

However we are where we are so I suppose we'll just have to get on with it.

"Club were given the blessing to proceed".

Oh
Ma
Sides! 😂

You must think WTG have some kudos with the board. Do you honestly think if a resounding "dinnae do that" had come from WTG that the club wouldn't have gone ahead with a money making exercise of renting out the space in the stand to the NHS?

Behave.

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 09:13 AM
"Club were given the blessing to proceed".

Oh
Ma
Sides! 😂

You must think WTG have some kudos with the board. Do you honestly think if a resounding "dinnae do that" had come from WTG that the club wouldn't have gone ahead with a money making exercise of renting out the space in the stand to the NHS?

Behave.

Absolutely no idea, I only wish we had some facts and figures to back up the decision and if the case to close BTG was a no brainer then it might have been easier to accept.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 09:26 AM
New bar opens at 12 ! Expecting a match update from the tent please !

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 09:31 AM
New bar opens at 12 ! Expecting a match update from the tent please !

I would have went to try it but I really want to watch the Celtic Hearts game so I'll go elsewhere. Feedback would be good though!

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2017, 09:35 AM
not yet although hibs have just announced a kids zone so there's a chance the new marquee is for adults only.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7746

Excellent, an adult only zone:thumbsup:

DTS
05-08-2017, 09:38 AM
I haven't seen anything to suggest that people who took there kids to behind the goals can't take them too the new bar?

Andy74
05-08-2017, 10:02 AM
I haven't seen anything to suggest that people who took there kids to behind the goals can't take them too the new bar?
Don't know if they get in. It was more the set up and facilities though.

mutley
05-08-2017, 01:24 PM
What a great facility this pop up bar is, I walked in at 20 past 2, straight to bar, instantly served! That would have took about half an hour in the BTG bar,

Ps yes there are kids in here too, so no issue with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gatecrasher
05-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Went in around 1345, it could do with a few tvs to watch the football or at least some music. But it was decent.

mutley
05-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Update:

Went back for second round, instantly served again, but they had totally ran out of change (not going to cry over a few pence anyway)

And the boys are in full singing mode, great atmosphere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dp00
05-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Absolutely no idea, I only wish we had some facts and figures to back up the decision and if the case to close BTG was a no brainer then it might have been easier to accept.

Watch Leeann's interview posted last night, she doesn't discuss figures but think from the things she talks about that anything we have done will be benefiting the club in some way

Albanian Hibs
05-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Been in since 12. No queues. Only 5 people in. Fosters or Strongbow on tap. Nips and bottles too. Only got busy about 2pm. Petrie in early doors.

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Been in since 12. No queues. Only 5 people in. Fosters or Strongbow on tap. Nips and bottles too. Only got busy about 2pm. Petrie in early doors.

Should that no be Petrie oot:greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
05-08-2017, 01:39 PM

Sounds like it has the potential to be a good facility, but number one priority should be sorting out the selection on tap! Fosters is rancid.

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Sounds like it has the potential to be a good facility, but number one priority should be sorting out the selection on tap! Fosters is rancid.
Is it even beer?
Should try something along the lines of Warsteiner or Jupiler. Belhaven Best would be even better.

Brightside
05-08-2017, 04:46 PM

5 people?? in the whole place?

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Looked good around 2.20pm - busy but not uncomfortable.

What were prices like? What else did they serve ?

Overall a good start ?

I'm_cabbaged
05-08-2017, 05:36 PM
3 quid for a bottle peroni, no bad!

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 06:04 PM
The prices were ok but as a BTG replacement it's not even close. We take turns about driving and I'm not standing in that shed for two hours drinking coke. Lap it up folks who would rather take NHS rent than have the brilliant facilities we've just binned. The coos tents at the Highland Show are posher and I won't be back. I think it's a travesty what's happened, once these things are lost they're gone forever, huge huge mistake.

RoslinInstHibby
05-08-2017, 06:06 PM
To be fair to the club, they did say it would improve over the coming weeks, I think it could be a winner....

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
The prices were ok but as a BTG replacement it's not even close. We take turns about driving and I'm not standing in that shed for two hours drinking coke. Lap it up folks who would rather take NHS rent than have the brilliant facilities we've just binned. The coos tents at the Highland Show are posher and I won't be back. I think it's a travesty what's happened, once these things are lost they're gone forever, huge huge mistake.

Can't please everyone which is always the case. Plenty will enjoy it others won't. Just like BTG.

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 06:12 PM
To be fair to the club, they did say it would improve over the coming weeks, I think it could be a winner....

No it won't, it's a tent on tarmac with no comfort whatsoever. It's not even close to being a venue people would want to go to especially in the middle of winter. We've just lost one of the best family friendly multi function facilities in football anywhere in Britain and has been replaced with a gazebo, how can anyone be happy with that change? Tart it up and spin it how you like, it's a major mistake Hibs have made here. The board are getting most things right but I'm not having this one.

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 06:12 PM

Hibs did say it would be basic today but that it will be improved over the next few weeks.

cmcd
05-08-2017, 07:34 PM

Was told Hibs thought they wouldn't be able to open this morning . They will have seating and tvs soon . Lets not get our knickers in a twist Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes

Johnny Clash
05-08-2017, 07:40 PM
No it won't, it's a tent on tarmac with no comfort whatsoever. It's not even close to being a venue people would want to go to especially in the middle of winter. We've just lost one of the best family friendly multi function facilities in football anywhere in Britain and has been replaced with a gazebo, how can anyone be happy with that change? Tart it up and spin it how you like, it's a major mistake Hibs have made here. The board are getting most things right but I'm not having this one.

I think this is just a temporary measure though with options to build a proper facility being looked at elsewhere in the ground.

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Was told Hibs thought they wouldn't be able to open this morning . They will have seating and tvs soon . Lets not get our knickers in a twist Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes

Why?

cmcd
05-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Why?

Why what ????

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Why what ????

Why did Hibs think they wouldn't be able to open this morning?

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 07:50 PM
It's a tent with no floor it 2017 with months to get it ready. Argos could have had TVs up and running, all this blowing smoke up Hibs nose is not washing with me and never will. The fans facilities we've just lost are a disgrace no matter how well the team and board are doing with everything else, there is no excuse for this.

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 07:52 PM
I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't open after the game. I prefer to give my money to local leith pubs, but I wouldn't have minded a quick pint in the tent after the game.

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2017, 07:57 PM
It's a tent with no floor it 2017 with months to get it ready. Argos could have had TVs up and running, all this blowing smoke up Hibs nose is not washing with me and never will. The fans facilities we've just lost are a disgrace no matter how well the team and board are doing with everything else, there is no excuse for this.

Oh dear you really are upset aren't you.

Famous Fiver
05-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Straight choice for me.

A tent which cost peanuts and paid for, nice prices, 20 seconds away from my seat

or

a £14 million(and rising) pile of steel with seats floating about somewhere in the Indian Ocean with a view of Tynecastle High School.

Hibs, you are doing just fine. Many thanks from a very satisfied supporter.

Sergio sledge
05-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Lap it up folks who would rather take NHS rent than have the brilliant facilities we've just binned.

If the NHS rent allows us to put a better team on the park and win a trophy this season I don't think many will be complaining.

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 08:00 PM
It's a tent with no floor it 2017 with months to get it ready. Argos could have had TVs up and running, all this blowing smoke up Hibs nose is not washing with me and never will. The fans facilities we've just lost are a disgrace no matter how well the team and board are doing with everything else, there is no excuse for this.Wow. Just go to another boozer. What a state to get into over a pint

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 08:01 PM
The team doing well.on the park is ALL that matters to me

Sergio sledge
05-08-2017, 08:03 PM
We've just lost one of the best family friendly multi function facilities in football anywhere in Britain

One of the best in Britain? Really?! You've seen what all the EPL clubs offer then? All we heard before it was announced it was closing were complaints about food, drink served, how busy it was, how long it took to get served etc. Can't have been that amazing.

The club have already stated that the tent is a temporary arrangement, why can't you just be patient and see what the alternative is going to be permanently.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2017, 08:08 PM

You're all over the place here 🙈

RossScott1991
05-08-2017, 08:13 PM

Jesus christ, getting abit uptight over a place to drink a pint.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
I think this is just a temporary measure though with options to build a proper facility being looked at elsewhere in the ground.

Wonder if Hibs would consider building their own bar at the back of the East if the tent trial goes well ?

After the game would be good to open it - maybe license doesn't cover this or they want people out the stadium area asap..

I mentioned before but never got a response..do Hibs get money from bar sales ? Or is the deal that the company provide tent for free and keep sales ?

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 08:27 PM
One of the best in Britain? Really?! You've seen what all the EPL clubs offer then? All we heard before it was announced it was closing were complaints about food, drink served, how busy it was, how long it took to get served etc. Can't have been that amazing.

The club have already stated that the tent is a temporary arrangement, why can't you just be patient and see what the alternative is going to be permanently.

It was f..... amazing compared to what we have now "go to another boozer then" brilliant PR. BTG had loads of faults but a couple of tents won't come close. I think the tent would have been a good addition to our facilities but not a replacement. This is a forum for opinions and I'm really annoyed about it. That's my opinion, I can't say or lie about anything other than I'm gutted they've binned BTGs. Sorry 😩 On another note the team are brilliant 🔥👍🍾

cmcd
05-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Why did Hibs think they wouldn't be able to open this morning?
She said they had only just got the go ahead to open late morning . I assume there were legal issues . I had asked her about seating because LD said on Monday there would be .I was told there was a mad rush in the end
To get the bar open .That's fine by me as this is only a temporary solution

cmcd
05-08-2017, 08:37 PM

Nonsense .as has been said before this is only a temporary measure and all the fans I spoke to were quite happy until a permanent solution is found

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Nonsense .as has been said before this is only a temporary measure and all the fans I spoke to were quite happy until a permanent solution is found

You're entitled to disagree but it was a tent without a floor and no seats, I've stated facts not nonsense.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2017, 08:41 PM
It was f..... amazing compared to what we have now "go to another boozer then" brilliant PR. BTG had loads of faults but a couple of tents won't come close. I think the tent would have been a good addition to our facilities but not a replacement. This is a forum for opinions and I'm really annoyed about it. That's my opinion, I can't say or lie about anything other than I'm gutted they've binned BTGs. Sorry 😩 On another note the team are brilliant 🔥👍🍾

What's your understanding of the word "temporary"?

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 08:47 PM
What's your understanding of the word "temporary"?

It doesn't matter how temporary it is, it's an outdoor tent with portaloos that's not exactly family friendly and will not be close to the facilities it's replacing. I don't think it's a bad thing as an addition but to pretend it's a replacement is taking the piss. I love all things Hibs but as you maybe gathered Im not to happy with this 😊

Pete
05-08-2017, 08:49 PM
You're entitled to disagree but it was a tent without a floor and no seats, I've stated facts not nonsense.

Are you sure it didn't have a floor? 😳

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 08:51 PM

Hellooooooo is there anybody up there 🙄

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 08:56 PM
It doesn't matter how temporary it is, it's an outdoor tent with portaloos that's not exactly family friendly and will not be close to the facilities it's replacing. I don't think it's a bad thing as an addition but to pretend it's a replacement is taking the piss. I love all things Hibs but as you maybe gathered Im not to happy with this 😊

I feel your pain sir!

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 08:59 PM
I feel your pain sir!

Thanks my man, I feel I'm fighting a one man battlle here 👍

Hibbyradge
05-08-2017, 09:03 PM

Indeed.

Just so we're all clear, "temporary" means lasting for only a limited period of time; not permanent.

Or;

Band-Aid, acting, ad hoc, ad interim, alternate, brief, changeable, ephemeral, evanescent, fleeting, for the time being, fugacious, fugitive, impermanent, interim, limited, make-do, makeshift, momentary, mortal, overnight, passing, perishable, pro tem, pro tempore, provisional, provisory, shifting, short, short-lived, slapdash, stopgap, substitute, summary, supply, temp, transient, transitory, unfixed, unstable, volatile.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2017, 09:04 PM

Bottomless pit.

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Bottomless pit.

Bottomless ........pit sums it up. Listen, I've said my bit and will definitely go elsewhere, if others are happy then so be it, who needs real walls in a Scottish winter. Enjoy the tents folks!

cmcd
05-08-2017, 09:15 PM

If I as a OAP can stand in a Marquee for an hour and a half (temporary) anyone can .All good things come to those who wait

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM
If I as a OAP can stand in a Marquee for an hour and a half (temporary) anyone can .All good things come to those who wait

Good enjoy 👍

SaulGoodman
05-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Bottomless ........pit sums it up. Listen, I've said my bit and will definitely go elsewhere, if others are happy then so be it, who needs real walls in a Scottish winter. Enjoy the tents folks!

So you want to have solid walls so you're nice and warm before the game before stepping out the tent and sitting in the cold for 90mins?

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 09:28 PM
So you want to have solid walls so you're nice and warm before the game before stepping out the tent and sitting in the cold for 90mins?

No, I want to live in a hole in the motorway with no clothes on and no food for five years just so I can experience the liberation I get when taking up my season ticket seat. Are we not allowed a wee bit comfort in 2017 or has BTG used it all up 😂

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 09:31 PM
So whatever happened to STF's chandeliers, have these now been installed in the tent ?

Ringothedog
05-08-2017, 10:12 PM
No, I want to live in a hole in the motorway with no clothes on and no food for five years just so I can experience the liberation I get when taking up my season ticket seat. Are we not allowed a wee bit comfort in 2017 or has BTG used it all up 😂

BTG was convenient but not very good. The beer was average at best, there were never enough seats and I always had to stand, we now have an opportunity to have a facility that is developed for the fans by the fans.

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 10:16 PM
BTG was convenient but not very good. The beer was average at best, there were never enough seats and I always had to stand, we now have an opportunity to have a facility that is developed for the fans by the fans.

If it was not very good how was it crammed every game?

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 10:18 PM
If it was not very good how was it crammed every game?No alternative. Ive gone there since it was 50 quid a season to get in. Massive underachiever, should have been brilliant

Ringothedog
05-08-2017, 10:18 PM

Because it was convenient and you could take kids in

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2017, 10:21 PM

You mean after they opened it up to non ST holders.

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Because it was convenient and you could take kids in

Yip. It satisfactorily met the demand.

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 10:23 PM

At least it had seats, how can anyone defend the erection of a tent ahead of the facilities in the FF is beyond me. I'm astounded by the lack of ambition for better fans facilities, let's go back to tents 😳😳😳

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;5131960]You mean after they opened it up to non

Yip, that was a mistake plus they stopped effectively controlling the numbers entering and leaving.

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 10:25 PM
At least it had seats, how can anyone defend the erection of a tent ahead of the facilities in the FF is beyond me. I'm astounded by the lack of ambition for better fans facilities, let's go back to tents [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]You are at it. Admit it

Just Alf
05-08-2017, 10:30 PM
At least it had seats, how can anyone defend the erection of a tent ahead of the facilities in the FF is beyond me. I'm astounded by the lack of ambition for better fans facilities, let's go back to tents 😳😳😳

I'm now officially confused!

Your post bears no relation to the reality of the situation?

No seats today as they managed to put this whole thing in place at the last minute... Seats next time!

It NOT a REPLACEMENT!!! (This has been mentioned more than once)

Tell you what, I totally agree with you that it would be a good addition to BTG to give more choice, so when the new "BTG" is in place I hope Hibs keep it. :agree:

Ringothedog
05-08-2017, 10:32 PM

Well you have a choice, you can use the new tent which sells beer or go elsewhere .i go to Easter road to support Hibernian and couldn't care less if there was a bar at the ground 🍺🍺🍺

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Football facilities first community facilities second and I'd appreciate if someone could provide the basic comparative income/expenditure data.

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 10:49 PM
You are at it. Admit it

I'm not at it, I'm really disappointed at losing the brilliant family friendly facilities in the the two floors of BTG. I've taken my son there since he was a lad and it's a great base to meet up with friends pre match whether your drinking or not . On a pish night in the middle of winter it was a great touch down place out of the cold and rain before the match for old, young or families. I really take offence at you saying I'm at it, as a long time ST holder bringing my family up to follow Hibs and BTG being a big part of it. I'm entitled to to my opinion, I am very far from AT IT, whatever the F you mean by that!

Just Alf
05-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Football facilities first community facilities second and I'd appreciate if someone could provide the basic comparative income/expenditure data.

THATs a completely different question!... Not a clue on the detail, but I agree on why (I think) your asking, even if BTG was breaking even or making small losses then the wider "value add" to the fans match day experience shouldn't be underestimated!

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm not at it, I'm really disappointed at losing the brilliant family friendly facilities in the the two floors of BTG. I've taken my son there since he was a lad and it's a great base to meet up with friends pre match whether your drinking or not . On a pish night in the middle of winter it was a great touch down place out of the cold and rain before the match for old, young or families. I really take offence at you saying I'm at it, as a long time ST holder bringing my family up to follow Hibs and BTG being a big part of it. I'm entitled to to my opinion, I am very far from AT IT, whatever the F you mean by that!Sorry for saying you are at it. You are however making a mountain out of a molehill

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 11:04 PM
THATs a completely different question!... Not a clue on the detail, but I agree on why (I think) your asking, even if BTG was breaking even or making small losses then the wider "value add" to the fans match day experience shouldn't be underestimated!

This is exactly my point, the value to Hibs for inclusion of everyone from the very young, by getting them involved in the Hibs family, to the old and infirm at BTG was worth taking a financial hit for the long term gain of retaining and nurturing support. I'm "at it" though so don't listen to me 😳

Real Emerald
05-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Sorry for saying you are at it. You are however making a mountain out of a molehill

Apology accepted but I feel really strongly about it and it does matter to me 👍

IncredibleHibee
06-08-2017, 12:06 AM
I'm rummaging about to see if I can find my violin...... get a grip and enjoy the football

Real Emerald
06-08-2017, 12:29 AM
I'm rummaging about to see if I can find my violin...... get a grip and enjoy the footballUnU

Unbelievable reply! Do you realise the investment to build this facility in the first place, the huge steps Hibs advanced over other clubs. Let's go back to pissing over the wall like the 70's. Junk these brilliant facilities and watch football like it used to be in the old days, we should be building for the future not going back.

SChibs
06-08-2017, 01:24 AM

Maybe they didn't get the licence or the okay from the spfl to do it till relatively late?

SChibs
06-08-2017, 01:27 AM

The statement said it would be basic to start with, why don't you wait till they actually set it up properly before you moan about it. Fair is fair

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2017, 05:18 AM
Tents seems top be OK for many top German and Dutch teams, dont see the problem, if yi want seats go tae Sunnyside, which I can recommend.
Infact as I type I do see the benefit of having a real proper bar, but since its summer tents are great.

On the official site it says pop up bar WTF did folk think it was goin tae be, a country club wae bloody chandeliers.

ColinNish
06-08-2017, 06:09 AM

Not sure when a bar became a football facility but there you go.

ColinNish
06-08-2017, 06:14 AM
I kinda get where Real Emeralds coming from. I know its only temporary and they're hoping to improve it and that's fair enough. Plenty folk saying "they've done well in a short space of time". Have they? Short space of time to me is couple of weeks. Hibs have known for months - way before we found out- that BTG was closing so by the sounds of it they kinda haven't done that well with their temporary measure.
On the other hand, they could have set up nothing and folk on here would be going apoplectic.

Just Alf
06-08-2017, 06:42 AM
When the new (and improved????) BTG is up and running I'm thinking I'd like to see the tent kept as an adults only option.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ronaldo7
06-08-2017, 06:43 AM
When the new (and improved????) BTG is up and running I'm thinking I'd like to see the tent kept as an adults only option.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

And neither of them will be BTG. :wink:

Beefster
06-08-2017, 06:44 AM
I'm not at it, I'm really disappointed at losing the brilliant family friendly facilities in the the two floors of BTG. I've taken my son there since he was a lad and it's a great base to meet up with friends pre match whether your drinking or not . On a pish night in the middle of winter it was a great touch down place out of the cold and rain before the match for old, young or families. I really take offence at you saying I'm at it, as a long time ST holder bringing my family up to follow Hibs and BTG being a big part of it. I'm entitled to to my opinion, I am very far from AT IT, whatever the F you mean by that!

I used BTG every home game and was pretty annoyed when it was announced that it wouldn't be around this season. It was convenient and meant my old man didn't have to walk far.

Let's not pretend it was 'brilliant' though. The facilities were rundown and, frankly, pretty embarrassing. Add in massive queues, service that was 'not the best' and terrible beer to that. Plenty of room for improvement.

nomad
06-08-2017, 07:43 AM
So whatever happened to STF's chandeliers, have these now been installed in the tent ?

They are currently lighting up the painting on my wall

Jones28
06-08-2017, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE=Real Emerald;5132122]UnU

Unbelievable reply! Do you realise the investment to build this facility in the first place, the huge steps Hibs advanced over other clubs. Let's go back to pissing over the wall like the 70's. Junk these brilliant facilities and watch football like it used to be in the old days, we should be building for the future not going back.[/

I am struggling to understand your POV, the club can make more money to put a better team on the park and be more successful by leasing the space BTG. I don't understand why having a pish pint there pre match is better than having a good pint in one of the many hostelries within a 10/15 minute walk of the stadium.

It was a good facility yes but if was no longer financially viable then I'm fully behind the club changing tack, therefor getting more money in the clubs pocket AND still providing somewhere for fans to go pre match.

Tyler Durden
06-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Comments like "we are a football club after all" to justify why we should operate a bar someone can take kids to rather than an NHS facility are frankly hilarious.

Also - and maybe you're not in this group - but there are plenty of sensible people on here who would never expect Hibs to release commercial information about transfer fees received or sponsorship income until we see more granular detail in the accounts. But take away the precious BTG and now you expect Hibs to publicise the exact revenue generated. Get a grip

ManBearPig
06-08-2017, 09:05 AM
It's a no brainer for the club. Why have Btg used on average 2 times a month and empty the rest of the time. When you can get year round revenue from that part of the building and erect a tent which can be taken down for the people who want a drink. Kids were allowed in to the tent and there is new plans for pre match entertainment for the kids in place as well.

WhileTheChief..
06-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Eh? From someone on here or do you expect the Club to announce figures so that you can carry out your own analysis on whether it was worth it or not?

I think it was a crap idea to do away with BTG but I'm sure when we have a massive, all singing , all dancing new bar in the East there will be plenty to moan about!

In the meantime just enjoy the tent :)

traceyhibs
06-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

BTG was a great social venue which I used also with the kids but as some have rightly said it needed extensive refurbishment and we lost the lift. The lift became unfit for purpose and can no longer use. It's due to the lift that we had to announce the closure earlier than we would have liked because it affected ST holders in the FF Upper.

The Marquee is something a lot of supporters were calling for and it will get better over time as we see how things go. A lot of work has gone into finding a suitable replacement as a temporary solution. The kids Zone is where I was with my 2 girls yesterday and they loved it. There will be different themes every week. I would forego a shandy for them to enjoy themselves. I want them to enjoy coming to games as their matchday experience matters to me. I can enjoy a drink when I don't take them to certain games. I heard that there was singing over in the marquee so it added to the atmosphere there and this wouldn't have happened in behind the Goals. The Marquee will grow and audio and visual will be added as well as food.

A permanent solution for a Supporters bar is still being looked at in the East but plans need to be approved etc...

The club know how important it is for supporters to have somewhere to go before a match.

I hope you all enjoyed the game yesterday. Great to be back where we belong.

Tracey

CentreLine
06-08-2017, 10:55 AM
I'm now officially confused!

Your post bears no relation to the reality of the situation?

No seats today as they managed to put this whole thing in place at the last minute... Seats next time!

It NOT a REPLACEMENT!!! (This has been mentioned more than once)

Tell you what, I totally agree with you that it would be a good addition to BTG to give more choice, so when the new "BTG" is in place I hope Hibs keep it. :agree:

It's very trendy to have no seats right now don't-cha-know. All the big teams do it. 😂

Heedersnvolleys
06-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Sorry for the negativity when everything is going so well but I think this stinks a bit a bit suggesting people were asking for a marquee. Never heard those requests myself but other teams and even the SRU who have a very big budget only have marquees as they don't have the facilities to accommodate there fans so erect marquees. Yet we do it the other way round???????

hibee_girl
06-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Will the tent be open on Tuesday night?

RyeSloan
06-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Never used BTG but can see why some are disappointed at its removal.

That said the club have told us they are working on a permanent solution and if they are then it will only be a positive in the long run.

I think though the club could have communicated and explained their reasoning better and more importantly given a better idea of what they may be planning as a long term replacement. If we knew what they were thinking in terms of a supporters bar and understood the timescale / cost then there would be more understanding all round.

LD has had lots of plaudits for how she has run the club since coming in but on this topic it's clear that Hibs could and should have done a wee bit more to explain their thinking, the rationale and the future plans.

Anyhoo I'm sure we will all survive and hopefully the club will provide a sound long term offering to replace BTG which clearly was an important part of the match day experience for quite a few.

BSEJVT
06-08-2017, 06:24 PM

I think we all know you are unhappy, you have repeated yourself ad nauseum.

But feel free to continue to moan your tits off about it with the same complaints, because that will help the situation.

To be honest anything that results in more money being available to the team is good with me.

If a few folk need to rethink their pre match itinerary for this to happen then that is a small price worth paying to most of the Hibs support.

Its just a pretty Hibs weren't still the utter pish side they were 4 years because I could at least get interested in a debate about what was the matter with the team :-)

This must be what its like supporting a team that is consistently successful, there is nothing to moan about with the team, so folk just find other stuff.

Moaners got to moan.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 06:38 PM
I think we all know you are unhappy, you have repeated yourself ad nauseum.

But feel free to continue to moan your tits off about it with the same complaints, because that will help the situation.

To be honest anything that results in more money being available to the team is good with me.

If a few folk need to rethink their pre match itinerary for this to happen then that is a small price worth paying to most of the Hibs support.

Its just a pretty Hibs weren't still the utter pish side they were 4 years because I could at least get interested in a debate about what was the matter with the team :-)

This must be what its like supporting a team that is consistently successful, there is nothing to moan about with the team, so folk just find other stuff.

Moaners got to moan.

Is the Emerald fellah not just having a moan, and subsequently responding to posts and finding himself being rounded on for that wee moan that he had in the first place? A wee bit like your Petrie hating pal on the PM board found himself being hounded? I agree with him. BTG was a pretty good facility. The tent yesterday was *****.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Will the tent be open on Tuesday night?

I was wondering that too. I don't see why not though.

BSEJVT
06-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Is the Emerald fellah not just having a moan, and subsequently responding to posts and finding himself being rounded on for that wee moan that he had in the first place? A wee bit like your Petrie hating pal on the PM board found himself being hounded? I agree with him. BTG was a pretty good facility. The tent yesterday was *****.

Its fine to moan but to keep repeating yourself with nothing new to add?

I get that folk need to get things off their chest, but what is the expectation with the continued moaning?

The club have clearly heard the discomfort and are trying to do something about it.

Do people expect that by continually repeating their complaints over its removal that the club are going to turn round and say " sorry folks we are going to put it back".

Not going to happen. Folk would IMO be better lobbying for what they do want than what has gone and wont be back.

I don't think this thread has reached anything like the personal levels that it did on the thread you referred to but you are entitled to think differently

BTW TQM isn't a mate, he is an acquaintance, I have met him twice in my life, once after the Ross County final by pure accident so there is no real vested interest.

I thought that thread reflected really badly on the PM board and said so, I would have said the same if anyone else whom I didn't know had been personally hounded like that.

I am sorry for those that used BTG that it that its gone, but I never did nor ever would and the thousands like me who also didn't do so would I suspect rather have the money saved / gained spent on footballing matters.

After Leanne's interview there is clearly a move afoot to develop indoor facilities at East Mains, I don't know how to do so but it would be interesting to see the results of a poll that contrasted the choice of that or a new BTG

BSEJVT
06-08-2017, 07:13 PM
The lift became unfit for purpose and can no longer use. It's due to the lift that we had to announce the closure earlier than we would have liked because it affected ST holders in the FF Upper.

Tracey

Tracey thanks for your post on this thread

I have heard the bit of your post I have repeated above a lot.

It might help folk understand the BTG decision and the movement of disabled Season Ticket holders if you could explain further what the issue with the lift was?

Were the costs of any repair or prohibitive or have standards changed to such an extent that any repair / replacement was impossible?

Thanks

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Its fine to moan but to keep repeating yourself with nothing new to add?

I get that folk need to get things off their chest, but what is the expectation with the continued moaning?

The club have clearly heard the discomfort and are trying to do something about it.

Do people expect that by continually repeating their complaints over its removal that the club are going to turn round and say " sorry folks we are going to put it back".

Not going to happen. Folk would IMO be better lobbying for what they do want than what has gone and wont be back.

I don't think this thread has reached anything like the personal levels that it did on the thread you referred to but you are entitled to think differently

BTW TQM isn't a mate, he is an acquaintance, I have met him twice in my life, once after the Ross County final by pure accident so there is no real vested interest.

I thought that thread reflected really badly on the PM board and said so, I would have said the same if anyone else whom I didn't know had been personally hounded like that.

I am sorry for those that used BTG that it that its gone, but I never did nor ever would and the thousands like me who also didn't do so would I suspect rather have the money saved / gained spent on footballing matters.

After Leanne's interview there is clearly a move afoot to develop indoor facilities at East Mains, I don't know how to do so but it would be interesting to see the results of a poll that contrasted the choice of that or a new BTG

The man is entitled to have a carp on something entirely related to the attending of games, the match day experience. As has been said on a gamut of other threads, if you don't fancy it, ignore it. You obviously ignored BTG. Let the man who didn't, have his say. You write that you would never use the facility but he shouldn't complain because it evidently gets on your nerves and in any case there won't be a change of mind?

Says you.

Whatever is developing at East Mains isn't really relevant. Do we really have to make that choice when considering our opinions? He's moaning about a clear reduction in the stadium facilities. Not the state of the pitch, the cleanliness of the dressing rooms, the fitness of the side or the behaviours of the staff.

I better buy another ***** pie on Tuesday, less it damages the playing budget if I don't.

By the way. East Mains is 10 years old now and I was heavily involved in its fit out. It's nearly time the club started thinking about the next step for it.