PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV

Fritz
01-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Probably a silly question but, if I'm going on holiday and want to subscribe as an overseas viewer, do I need to wait until I'm 'overseas' to do it?

southsider
01-08-2017, 07:59 AM
No, you can do it here. When you are abroad just use your username and password and Hibs tv will know that you are not in the UK (or Ireland).

The_Horde
01-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Also, where's Cliff?

Fritz
01-08-2017, 08:17 AM
No, you can do it here. When you are abroad just use your username and password and Hibs tv will know that you are not in the UK (or Ireland).

Thank you!

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 08:19 AM

No they don't unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 08:23 AM
No they don't unfortunately

Bolton isn't overseas

jockspanner
01-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Bolton isn't overseas
Probably a daft question but here we go, my son is in New Zealand and is joining Hibs TV, can I sign on at the same time as him using his username and password when he is watching a game as you do with Sky Go or is this a nono.

aussie_hibee
01-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Probably a daft question but here we go, my son is in New Zealand and is joining Hibs TV, can I sign on at the same time as him using his username and password when he is watching a game as you do with Sky Go or is this a nono.

It will kick you out of one of them after a few minutes

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 08:39 AM
I couldn't get the radio commentary last Saturday was there something up? Had the play button but it didn't do anything when hitting it

Johnny_Leith
01-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Probably a silly question but, if I'm going on holiday and want to subscribe as an overseas viewer, do I need to wait until I'm 'overseas' to do it?

I'm in the same boat,so to speak. I got in touch with Hibs, response below.

Hi,

Our systems work off IP addresses and Geo-location.

If you are using your phone to watch Hibs TV matches, you need to be connected to WIFI. Phones will run through the IP of the provider and this means that it will show on our systems as being in the UK.

You will have to ensure that you are connected to WIFi to ensure that you will be able to watch matches.

You will also have to sign up once overseas…again via WIFI as the system will think you are UK based and will only offer you a UK subscription.

Hope the information is helpful.

Kind regards

Hibs TV Support

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Bolton isn't overseas

Don't be fooled by user name

IAmLee
01-08-2017, 09:31 AM
I couldn't get the radio commentary last Saturday was there something up? Had the play button but it didn't do anything when hitting it

Was it on your phone or a laptop? On my Iphone I need to refresh the thing over & over until it finally plays!! This is something they are well aware of & have made no effort to address it as far as I'm aware!

Hibbyradge
01-08-2017, 09:35 AM
A helpful poster pointed out to me on Saturday that he had to turn his phone to landscape before Hibs radio worked.

I did so and he was right.

Fritz
01-08-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm in the same boat,so to speak. I got in touch with Hibs, response below.

Hi,

Our systems work off IP addresses and Geo-location.

If you are using your phone to watch Hibs TV matches, you need to be connected to WIFI. Phones will run through the IP of the provider and this means that it will show on our systems as being in the UK.

You will have to ensure that you are connected to WIFi to ensure that you will be able to watch matches.

You will also have to sign up once overseas…again via WIFI as the system will think you are UK based and will only offer you a UK subscription.

Hope the information is helpful.

Kind regards

Hibs TV Support

Ah right, so you DO need to subscribe when overseas then?! That's a pain, I've just done it here before flying out...🙄

lucky
01-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Can Hibs TV not do a beam back to ER for the Rangers game?

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Was it on your phone or a laptop? On my Iphone I need to refresh the thing over & over until it finally plays!! This is something they are well aware of & have made no effort to address it as far as I'm aware!

On iPhone

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 11:07 AM
A helpful poster pointed out to me on Saturday that he had to turn his phone to landscape before Hibs radio worked.

I did so and he was right.

I tried that as I saw that on the thread...didn't do anything for me

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Ah right, so you DO need to subscribe when overseas then?! That's a pain, I've just done it here before flying out...[emoji849]

I was on Wifi a couple of weeks ago and it didn't make any difference.

I've got to say it has to be one of the most annoying sites to navigate around on a phone or pad. I've never really seen anything as bad

hibby6270
01-08-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm a UK subscriber to Hibs TV.
When I was in Canada last year for a few weeks, I had to have my subscription upgraded for a month to allow me to view a game whilst abroad. No extra charge but arranged it in advance with the Hibs TV guys before I went.

As it turned out, it was the Ayr game in September when we got beat 2-1. :rolleyes:
Was on west coast in Canada, so made the getting up for kick off at 7am a bit of an anti climax.:greengrin

IAmLee
01-08-2017, 11:19 AM
On iPhone

Yeah I get the exact same. It sometimes takes after I refresh it hundreds but sometimes not. I first raised the issue at least a season ago & nothing's been done. Apparently they have shut down the use of VPN's though, priorities....

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 12:00 PM
I pay something like £8.99 a month, in all that time I've managed to see one game ( around a year ago I think).

greenlex
01-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Also, where's Cliff?
Out with a bad back.

norhfc
01-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I just get not allowed to view message during a live game on my iphone, ipad and Laptop, in touch with support to try fix it. If I cant get the game this Saturday then there is no point subscribing. I moved to Google chrome, this didnt help, maybe I need VPN, anybody know ?