PDA

View Full Version : Australian Hibs Supporters 30th anniversary

Sproule Three
31-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Please pass this onto any Hibees who may be travelling to Australia later this year. Maybe some folk who weren't might decide to now -;)

In the pre internet days of 1987 the Australian Hibernian Supported Club was formed.

This year we are celebrating our 30th anniversary with celebrations on both coasts of Australia.

Special guest Grant Brebner, Hibernian FC 1999 - 2005, who is now based in Australia will be at both events giving a sportsman's talk followed by Q&A session.

Perth -Saturday 7th October -6pm

Joondalup Resort

Country Club Boulevard, Connolly, WA 6027

Ticket Details:

https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=287386

Melbourne - Saturday 14th October 7pm

Emerald Hotel

415 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne, Vic 3205

Ticket Details

https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=291608

All Hibees and their families welcome.

Come along for a great night of celebrating all things Hibernian FC

18Hibee75
31-07-2017, 02:01 PM
This is brilliant! I'm going to be in Melbourne that exact date. Will certainly come along.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

BoltonHibee
31-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Balls!! I'm out at end of October, so just miss it. I think I was one of the original members too [emoji22] 30 years OMG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibernianJK
31-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Flying into Melbourne on the 11th October - might try and get a couple of tickets.

Sproule Three
31-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Flying into Melbourne on the 11th October - might try and get a couple of tickets.

You'll be over your jet lag .
Come along .
Be watching the Hibs v Sheep game at midnight too

Forza Fred
31-07-2017, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=BoltonHibee;5122638]Balls!! I'm out at end of October, so just miss it. I think I was one of the original members too [emoji22] 30 years OMG!

You were indeed!

Happy Days!

I'm flying over/down for both functions"...I'll have a beer for you....if Marylin let's me

Forza Fred
01-08-2017, 12:00 AM
This is brilliant! I'm going to be in Melbourne that exact date. Will certainly come along.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

We are flying down from Sydney a couple of days before so I can get some pre function training in......look forward to seeing you there.

Forza Fred
01-08-2017, 12:02 AM

Get them on line..

Come and join us, mind you.....after a while and lots of beer there will be a lot of pish talked.......:greengrin

Forza Fred
01-08-2017, 12:16 AM
For those who may be in Oz around the time I'd encourage you all to come along and join in the fun.

There is indeed a history of visitors flying out for our 'Do's'

Former Hibs Supporters Club Chairman Ronnie Ferguson flew out to attend functions in Melbourne and Sydney when Jimmy O'Rourke was our guest 10 years ago..

Still remember the three of us singing the Hibs song, drunkenly, as our harbour cruiser sailed under the Sydney Harbour Bridge!

ozhibs
01-08-2017, 03:01 AM
Get them on line..

Come and join us, mind you.....after a while and lots of beer there will be a lot of pish talked.......:greengrin

I got my tickets and looking forward to a lot of singing and pish talking :-) :flag:

Forza Fred
01-08-2017, 03:35 AM
You'll be over your jet lag .
Come along .
Be watching the Hibs v Sheep game at midnight too

Definitely a tad optimistic here, given Sproule3's noted pre function routine of parking himself at a nearby boozer from lunchtime....then attending the function....the odds on being awake/coherent at midnight must be short?

Johnny_Leith
01-08-2017, 09:08 AM
I will be in Australia then, might come along. Do you guys meet and watch all the games?

Forza Fred
01-08-2017, 10:29 AM
I will be in Australia then, might come along. Do you guys meet and watch all the games?

Most of us have Hibs Tv, but as the matches through the season generally start at 1 or 2 in the morning we watch it at home.

Big games like cup finals we all meet up and go radge!

The Aberdeen game when you are over should be OK to view at the Charles Dickens, as it's a midnight kick off,

Time, not mention distance and drunkeness, is the problem with meeting up regularly.

Perth is a bit easier as they are generally 3 hours behind the east coast.

ozhibs
03-08-2017, 03:21 AM
Please pass this onto any Hibees who may be travelling to Australia later this year. Maybe some folk who weren't might decide to now -;)

In the pre internet days of 1987 the Australian Hibernian Supported Club was formed.

This year we are celebrating our 30th anniversary with celebrations on both coasts of Australia.

Special guest Grant Brebner, Hibernian FC 1999 - 2005, who is now based in Australia will be at both events giving a sportsman's talk followed by Q&A session.

Joondalup Resort

Ticket Details:

Emerald Hotel

Ticket Details

The twentieth anniversary Gig in Perth was definitely up there as one of the best Australia branch do's topped only by the sheer emotion of the cup final win. 120 Hibees singing Jimmy, Jimmy O"Rourke everyone knows his name :flag:

Sproule Three
22-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Giving this a bump.
8 weeks to go till the Perth gig.
All welcome.
Hopefully catch some of the new arrivals who arrive in the Australian summer.

Get your tickets for the 30th anniversary Celebrations. Only 10 weeks to go. Don't miss out on 2 great nights.
Joondalup Resort
Ticket Details:
Emerald Hotel
Ticket Details

Mick O'Rourke
22-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Have a Happy Anniversary all you members of the Hibernians Australian Brigade.
If i was fitter/better health,it would be great to join you.
An opportunity any Hibernian fan here should not miss, if affordable.
Meeting up with all you guys, and tasting the delights of Oz.

You all of course will recall your invitation as guests to your shores, Jimmy O'Rourke and his wife Ann.
You treated both like royalty.
They had the most wonderful time and came home with great memories.

Jimmy phoned me one night when in Sydney
I said "how is all going down there?
Ach,not to bad,he replied (understatement there, i thought:rolleyes:

What are you up to the now ? i said.
Och, nothing much, Michael.
"Just sitting on a boat going under Sydney Harbour Bridge and viewing the amazing Opera House" !!

There was me sitting watching yet another re-run of a Randolph Scott western and he wisnae "up tae much"

I nearly hung up :sick:

Happy 30th Boys and Girls :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
22-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Happy Birthday to roo.

Sean1875
22-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Watched a few matches with this bunch in the Charles Dickens in Melbourne when I lived there for 10 months - including the SC 2-2 game at Tynie in our run to win the cup! Great bunch there and hope everyone involved has a fantastic time :aok:

Forza Fred
22-08-2017, 12:42 PM

You all of course will recall your invitation as guests to your shores, Jimmy O'Rourke and his wife Ann.

in

They ARE the equivalent of our Royalty! :hibees

Mick O'Rourke
22-08-2017, 04:34 PM
They ARE the equivalent of our Royalty!
:hibees
Lovely stuff, Fred :aok:

Would that be King James and all his Rebel Band? :greengrin

You all did them proud, as you have done for any former player or Hibernian fan who has visited.

A real credit to the Hibernian Family.
:hibees

It would be wonderful if Hibernian FC (as the did in the sixties in the USA) could visit Oz for a Summer Tour in the near future
I am sure many Scots football fans in Australia,not just Hibernians, would enjoy that.

Glory! Glory!

Sproule Three
23-08-2017, 08:13 AM

They had the most wonderful time and came home with great memories.

Jimmy phoned me one night when in Sydney
I said "how is all going down there?
Ach,not to bad,he replied (understatement there, i thought:rolleyes:

What are you up to the now ? i said.
Och, nothing much, Michael.
"Just sitting on a boat going under Sydney Harbour Bridge and viewing the amazing Opera House" !!

There was me sitting watching yet another re-run of a Randolph Scott western and he wisnae "up tae much"

I nearly hung up :sick:

Happy 30th Boys and Girls :greengrin

I was on that very cruise with Jimmy. A wonderful and humble man . Glad he has as good memories of his time here as we had

essexhibee
23-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Still loving watching that cup final video of the boys down there in Oz in the boozer.

Great scenes.

Slicer
18-09-2017, 07:03 AM
Got my tickets, looking forward to it :flag:

The Pointer
18-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Was with you in Sydney for the League Cup Final last year and had a great time meeting you all, but having just arrived in Oz the previous weekend I struggled with the kick off time.

Also remember using the satnav on my phone to guide the taxi driver to my digs in Merrickville (sp) as he hadn't a clue.

Have a great night in both places! It's great to know there are so many Hibees spread about the country.

GGTTH!

Forza Fred
18-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Got my tickets, looking forward to it :flag:

For Melbourne or Perth?

Forza Fred
18-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Was with you in Sydney for the League Cup Final last year and had a great time meeting you all, but having just arrived in Oz the previous weekend I struggled with the kick off time

GGTTH!

Mate, join the club!

I've been here 43 years and I STILL struggle with the silly o'clock kick offs.

Whisper it, but two of us (who shall remain nameless) at least slept through the early stages of the game due to alcohol assisted snoozes.

Lack of experience on their part....experienced watchers get rat arsed early and have a kip early on Saturdays so we always wake up prior to kick off

BlackSheep
18-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Hello all....!

I'm in Sydney from Dec 5th to 29th this year so miss a fair few big home games while I'm away... thankfully most have now been selected for TV so I can hopefully catch them while I'm there.

Can anyone tell me the best places to go to watch them? Especially the Derby on the 27th?

Forza Fred
19-09-2017, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE=BlackSheep;5171954]Hello all....!

I'm in Sydney from Dec 5th to 29th this year so miss a fair few big home games while I'm away... thankfully most have now been selected for TV so I can hopefully catch them while I'm there.

Can anyone tell me the best places to go to watch them? Especially the Derby on the 27th?[/QUOT

Careful.

On the telly in UK does not automatically equate to being shown live in Oz.

Suggest you keep an eye on this forum and also the Australian Hibs Supporters Facebook page.

Sydney is a huge place, kick off times are in the middle of the night, so some places may be too hard for you to get to

Can depend on where you are staying too....

BlackSheep
19-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the advice.

My brother in law lives in Sydney so we know it quite well, but not well enough to know where may be showing any of the games should they be on Bein or the Oz cable stations... or anywhere that is open late enough.... or early enough, the Derby will be around 6am.

HibernianJK
19-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Going to be in Melbourne for this. Thinking about getting tickets. Is there a dress code?

Sproule Three
19-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Going to be in Melbourne for this. Thinking about getting tickets. Is there a dress code?

No formal dress code.
Will be s few kilts I'd imagine - always is .
Smart casual I reckon is way to go .
Wear green 😉

Deansy
19-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Sadly, finances and ill-health make it highly unlikley I'll ever make it to Australia but as long as the lottery exists I won't scrap it from my bucket-list just yet - but I hope some of you lucky people will be filming some of these events ? I saw a video of a crowd (sorry but dunno where in Australia ??) of Aussie-Hibees watching the SCF and the place was just going mental - it looked great !! I'd love to see an Aussie-boozer packed-out with Hibees watching the derby - with a high-scoring victory of course !!

HibernianJK
19-09-2017, 01:59 PM
No formal dress code.
Will be s few kilts I'd imagine - always is .
Smart casual I reckon is way to go .
Wear green 😉

No worries. I fly on the 10th but backpacking up the coast so not sure I'll bother bringing my kilt over. I'll look into tickets!

Cheers

Sproule Three
19-09-2017, 07:47 PM
No worries. I fly on the 10th but backpacking up the coast so not sure I'll bother bringing my kilt over. I'll look into tickets!

Cheers

You got the link ok?
See you there .
I'm flying down from Sydney

Slicer
20-09-2017, 06:34 AM

Cheers

Some will be in kilts, some in suits, some in shirt and smart jeans.

I have some pals working in backpacker travel. Drop me a PM if you need any info / advice.

Slicer
21-09-2017, 07:47 AM
For Melbourne or Perth?

Melbourne. On to the Charles Dickens for the Hibs v Aberdeen game after hopefully :party:

HibernianJK
21-09-2017, 07:49 AM
You got the link ok?
See you there .
I'm flying down from Sydney

Yes you have a PM :aok:

HibernianJK
21-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Some will be in kilts, some in suits, some in shirt and smart jeans.

I have some pals working in backpacker travel. Drop me a PM if you need any info / advice.

No probs mate cheers :aok:

Sproule Three
09-10-2017, 01:08 AM
Great night had by all in Perth - The Aus Hibs own Grant Brebner was a star .
Melbourne this week.
Cannae wait