PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel

confused
31-07-2017, 09:09 AM
I thought he had a great game on Saturday ,a hand in the 3 goals , that will do for me well done .

Big_Franck
31-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Boyle has really taken his game up a level since the turn of the year. If he continues that over the first 3 or 4 months of this season I'd be looking at getting him tied up on a longer term contract. A 24 year old with lightening pace and an ever improving final product could be worth serious money.

He seems to have a great understanding already with Simon Murray, I can see him laying a good few on a plate for him.

Big L
31-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Big improvement in his game, he's a must play every week. If it's true that the Dons were in for him it must have given his confidence a real boost. I think Hibs have got him on a 2yr deal, I would like to see that increased to a 4yr term, he's worth it.

yerauldda
31-07-2017, 09:32 AM
not bad for a guy with no end product.. I genuinely think he's one of the most underrated players we've had in recent times. He's very consistent for a winger and is a constant threat. One of my favourite players a the club.

alihibs1
31-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Great attitude aswell never gives up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Baker9
31-07-2017, 09:40 AM
His credibility is now so high that the 'Squirrel' nickname seems derogatory. Boyler is much more suitable.

Onion
31-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Great to see him kicking on but the real test will come when up against Prem defenders. If he can carry on his form and affect into the season, that will be a real bonus for us.

SChibs
31-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Boyle of the last couple of seasons would be great for an hour or so then drift out the game, this year he's playing well and getting involved for the whole game.

Sometimes it doesn't come off for him and he loses it repeatedly but you always expect it to come off at some point and chances get created. At the moment he is the only type of player like himself at the club so he will be key this season. Hopefully he doesn't burn out

Northernhibee
31-07-2017, 10:06 AM
I voted for Lewis as most likely player of the season but it could also be Boyler.

yonder1875
31-07-2017, 10:08 AM
In the home games against Hearts and Dundee United that we won last season he was great too. Seems to relish the big atmosphere and occasion.

Andy74
31-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Murray and Boyle are bringing out the best in each other I think because they each have someone who can keep up with them when we break.

Who would have been in the six yard box after a Boyle run previously?

greenlex
31-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Murray and Boyle are bringing out the best in each other I think because they each have someone who can keep up with them when we break.

Spot on

Ozyhibby
31-07-2017, 10:24 AM
He's definitely stepped up a level since Xmas. His assist count so far this season must be impressive.
He's a starter every week for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Boyle is an exciting player to watch and is up there as one of my favourite current players. I think he'll get a barrowload of assists this season with Murray being instructed by Lennon to get in the box and work between the posts. Plus with Big Davie and hopefully Stokes getting on the end of his crosses, I have high hopes for him.

Gatecrasher
31-07-2017, 11:26 AM
I agree, Boyle has upped his game. He is playing really well at the moment, He needs to put away the easy chances though.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Improving player who I enjoy watching . Quality crossing recently as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Smartie
31-07-2017, 11:48 AM
I agree, Boyle has upped his game. He is playing really well at the moment, He needs to put away the easy chances though.

If Boyle and Murray could start scoring their sitters as well as their more difficult chances, we'd have quite the forward line on our hands.

Billy McKirdy
31-07-2017, 11:59 AM
He's becoming quite the cult hero, he's definitely coming into his own, a great asset to the team

RyeSloan
31-07-2017, 12:02 PM

The goal at the back post on Saturday was a perfect example of that!

18Hibee75
31-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Really like wee squirrel. His attitude his amazing, skinny and quite weak but doesn't go down easily and is always looking to improve his game. Seems like he loves an assist as much as he loves a goal which is a great thing for the team as well [emoji106]

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
31-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Martin Boyler, the opposition foiler.

Nicho87
31-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Relishing playing under a top manager.

DickieDastardly
31-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Ivan Sproule mould, great asset to have such pace in the team.

Nameless
31-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Why does he get called Squirrel? Also, does McGinn still get "Meatball head" or is he just SJM? Football nicknames are chronic! [emoji1]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

cjward2
31-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Ivan Sproule mould, great asset to have such pace in the team.

My thoughts exactly. It was said in the past that Hibs lacked a player to get the fans out of their seats when he gets the ball, but I feel the squirrel does that now, and those runs down the right side are reminiscent of Ivan. Now if he gets a hatrick against Sevco at Ibrox......:pray:

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 04:05 PM
He's a defenders nightmare, they hate players running at them with real pace. It forces them to sit deeper.

Big L
31-07-2017, 07:09 PM

Your so right! He's taken a lot of stick for long enough over his final ball, this is the 1st time he's had someone with pace abe to take advantage of his runs.

KSA Hibee
31-07-2017, 07:16 PM
I agree he has come on leaps n bounds but worried better defenders will play him like Ivan .. blistering pace to get past the first man but a 2nd defender playing off the first will pick up the ball once played past the first ...

When Ivan came on the scene I feel he was a surprise package but was all about putting the ball past his marker.. once teams worked him out he lost his impact ... hope I'm wrong bout Squirrel and he has the football ability to bet his man and not just knock it past him to rely on speed

31-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Why does he get called Squirrel? Also, does McGinn still get "Meatball head" or is he just SJM? Football nicknames are chronic! [emoji1]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Because he looks like one and he darts about like one.

Re SJM, I guess so, he calls himself a live meatball on his twitter.

ian cruise
01-08-2017, 07:36 AM
I agree he has come on leaps n bounds but worried better defenders will play him like Ivan .. blistering pace to get past the first man but a 2nd defender playing off the first will pick up the ball once played past the first ...

When Ivan came on the scene I feel he was a surprise package but was all about putting the ball past his marker.. once teams worked him out he lost his impact ... hope I'm wrong bout Squirrel and he has the football ability to bet his man and not just knock it past him to rely on speed

That's fine because it commits two defenders to the right hand side allowing space for Murray, Swanson and even SJM who seems to like a pop at goal now, more room to operate.

confused
01-08-2017, 10:40 AM
That's fine because it commits two defenders to the right hand side allowing space for Murray, Swanson and even SJM who seems to like a pop at goal now, more room to operate.
100% agree