PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs

hibees 7062
30-07-2017, 07:54 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20375922_10154556284142038_7505251700199330181_n.j pg?oh=b3bcda2c533ee1509c4fb10d601bf092&oe=59EBDD74

Vault Boy
30-07-2017, 07:55 PM
😍

AgentDaleCooper
30-07-2017, 07:56 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20375922_10154556284142038_7505251700199330181_n.j pg?oh=b3bcda2c533ee1509c4fb10d601bf092&oe=59EBDD74

he's pretty much the greatest human ever born IMO :not worth

jacomo
30-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Fabulous Stubbsy!

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Hunk

yonder1875
30-07-2017, 08:11 PM
What a man.

Northernhibee
30-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Legend. Icon.

Greencore
30-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Should name the West stand after our Scottish cup winning manager.

30-07-2017, 08:23 PM
I love him

Borderhibbie76
30-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Sir Alan of Stubbs [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gazzag70
30-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Total Legend!

Albanian Hibs
30-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Hero

superfurryhibby
30-07-2017, 09:03 PM
My eternal gratitude is his.....legend.

.Sean.
30-07-2017, 09:06 PM
I think I'll probably burst into tears the day I finally meet him

mca
30-07-2017, 09:08 PM
CORBY !!! Last Time i was there - it was a Rather large place full of people wearing Rangers tops Nice one Alan.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Mind you - bet half of them didnt even know the game was on ...

Smartie
30-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I stuck a comment on the Bobby Williamson thread that the way I assess each Hibs manager is that you consider the state we were in when they took over, consider the state they left us in and consider any mitigating factors that may have been at play during their time at the club.

Alan Stubbs inherited the abomination that Terry Butcher left behind and left us with a very strong squad and the Scottish Cup. No, he didn't get promoted but he played some great stuff and it was always going to be a challenge to get up with both Hearts and Rangers in the league leaving us the lottery of the playoffs.

Stubbs is ahead of McLeish and Mowbray and is my favourite Hibs manager.

Lennon might yet nick it off him though.

OsloHibs
30-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Should name the West stand after our Scottish cup winning manager.

I agree. Love that man💚💚💚

OxoHibby
30-07-2017, 09:25 PM
he's pretty much the greatest human ever born IMO :not worth

This rotfl

pacorosssco
30-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I agree. Love that man💚💚💚

Add in John Doolan and Andy Holden. They bought into Hibs.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Is it not about time he started getting a job

matty_f
30-07-2017, 09:32 PM
I stuck a comment on the Bobby Williamson thread that the way I assess each Hibs manager is that you consider the state we were in when they took over, consider the state they left us in and consider any mitigating factors that may have been at play during their time at the club.

Alan Stubbs inherited the abomination that Terry Butcher left behind and left us with a very strong squad and the Scottish Cup. No, he didn't get promoted but he played some great stuff and it was always going to be a challenge to get up with both Hearts and Rangers in the league leaving us the lottery of the playoffs.

Good post. :agree:

I genuinely don't have a bad word to say about Stubbs. He is a legend, imho.

Say what you want about not getting us promoted but he changed so much positively at the club, took us to two cup finals in one season and broke the biggest hoodoo in Scottish football.

Would happily see him back at Easter Road any time.

FWIW, I'm hugely impressed with Lennon as well, I have very high hopes for us under him.

Thecat23
30-07-2017, 09:33 PM

This is a great post. Exactly how I view managers as well. Couldn't agree with you more.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Good post. :agree:

I genuinely don't have a bad word to say about Stubbs. He is a legend, imho.

Say what you want about not getting us promoted but he changed so much positively at the club, took us to two cup finals in one season and broke the biggest hoodoo in Scottish football.

Would happily see him back at Easter Road any time.

FWIW, I'm hugely impressed with Lennon as well, I have very high hopes for us under him.

I was gonna reply to Smartie but you've saved me the bother as I agree entirely.

One thing that stands out above everything is MENTALITY. We were a ****ing shambles before he cane in and although Leeann contributed significantly to things the way he stood up to rangers and defended our club from the minute he came in.

Moron element aside, I believe he was/is well respected by the decent rangers fans (that may have changed since 21.05.16) so that tells you about the character of the man

guthrie01
30-07-2017, 09:55 PM
The moment he lifted the cup and pointed to the crowd was something else, a truly special man who is welcome back to ER anytime he wants alongside Doolan and the other staff who brought the soul back into Hibernian.

:gwa:

RoYO!
30-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Legend. Thank you, Thank you.

Northernhibee
30-07-2017, 10:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPkM9kN2_M

A truly inspirational character. Agree with the previous poster that I'd back the Alan Stubbs west stand. As a club we were facing as big a challenge as Mercer - sheer apathy towards the club and he brought in skillful players, football you'd mostly want to watch, excitement and something that no other manager had brought us in over a century. I'd like it as if future teams show his same battling spirit, his same will to win, how he got the club and how he did so in a gentlemanly and humble manner then that would make it worthwhile.

On the pitch, off the pitch he's an amazing character who deserved to be the man to win that cup for us.

pacorosssco
30-07-2017, 10:15 PM

A truly inspirational character. Agree with the previous poster that I'd back the Alan Stubbs west stand. As a club we were facing as big a challenge as Mercer - sheer apathy towards the club and he brought in skillful players, football you'd mostly want to watch, excitement and something that no other manager had brought us in over a century. I'd like it as if future teams show his same battling spirit, his same will to win, how he got the club and how he did so in a gentlemanly and humble manner then that would make it worthwhile.

On the pitch, off the pitch he's an amazing character who deserved to be the man to win that cup for us.

The team deserve something at ground to immortalise but stanton and baker should get a stand before stubbs

jacomo
30-07-2017, 10:31 PM

:agree:

How can you not love the guy. A hero because he revitalised this club and topped it off with the most incredible cup run and a beautiful trophy.

jacomo
30-07-2017, 10:34 PM

The West Stand, if it is ever named, is for Tom Farmer.

Even though he will never ask for it.

pacorosssco
30-07-2017, 10:43 PM
The West Stand, if it is ever named, is for Tom Farmer.

Even though he will never ask for it.

While divides opinion deserves a lasting recognition in ground

Vault Boy
30-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Stubbs is forever immortalised in this great club's history but I agree that a physical dedication to him at Easter Road would be very fitting. The man and his team brought us a day that so many passionate Hibs fans sadly only dreamt of seeing and it's not possible to overstate how much that means to us.

Centre Hawf
30-07-2017, 11:07 PM
I love everything about that man and I would happily have something named in his honour. Id also happily have him back through that door whenever Lennon decides his time is up if he fancies it again (not wishing it any time soon)

bubblesmorrison
30-07-2017, 11:27 PM
They should call the south stand the Alan Stubbs stand so that every time the jambos and huns come to visit they are reminded of that day!

31-07-2017, 12:10 AM
Is it not about time he started getting a job

Hope you're not suggesting an Edinburgh based vacancy that might open up soon.

Joking aside, the man's a legend and I can see him returning to Hibs as manager some day.

pacorosssco
31-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Hope you're not suggesting an Edinburgh based vacancy that might open up soon.

Joking aside, the man's a legend and I can see him returning as manager some day.

Hell not go hearts but he may come back spl. He made huge error with Rotherham gig

Radium
31-07-2017, 03:12 AM
Could we name the Dunbar end after Stubbs and make sure it is used on the tickets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Could we name the Dunbar end after Stubbs and make sure it is used on the tickets...

The ticket Stubbs?

Radium
31-07-2017, 06:54 AM
The ticket Stubbs?

Would happily see TRFC HMFC fans reminded every time they buy a ticket of their inability to preserve a lead in the last 10 minutes ... and of the architect behind the cup win

31-07-2017, 08:16 AM
The ticket Stubbs?

Or the Stubbs Ticket Office.

Craig_HFC
31-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Alan Stubbs made me fall in love with my football club again. I'll always be grateful to him for that.

.Sean.
31-07-2017, 08:43 AM
They should call the south stand the Alan Stubbs stand so that every time the jambos and huns come to visit they are reminded of that day!
Let's get the ball rolling with this one

Northernhibee
31-07-2017, 08:54 AM

Call it the Desmond stand to remind the Jambos of our comeback in the cup.

Onion
31-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Stubbs is a Hero. The two main jobs he did at Hibs - rebuilding the club after the wreckage left by Butcher/Malpas and in the week running up to 21 May 2016 were astonishing achievements for which we should all be grateful.

Firestarter
31-07-2017, 09:53 AM
He's an utter hero. Words can't express the feeling he gave me that day when he delivered something only second to my children. Like Sean says I'll probably greet if I'm ever lucky enough to meet him. He's totally transformed our club and my feelings towards football in general. From misery to happiness again.

Stubbsy2016
31-07-2017, 03:24 PM
<3

BegbieHSC
31-07-2017, 03:27 PM
I would definitely be all for renaming one of our stands (West or South) in his honour.

Has there ever been a manager under 50 to have had such a tribute put in place? He has been a key player in transforming our club, and he should be honoured appropriately.