PDA

View Full Version : Hearts singing section.

Pete
30-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Looks like Hearts have a new singing section complete with drummer. They are called the "Gorgie boys" and have a Facebook page of the same name.

I thought "hats off to them for at least trying to add to a Scottish football atmosphere"...until you delve a bit deeper.

Union flags with red hands of Ulster, songs at the game include Rule Brittania and one about a flute, fighting with fellow Hearts fans in the ground and trying to fight with Dunfermline fans afterwards.

Looks like more unoriginal, mini-Hun stuff to me.

Bostonhibby
30-07-2017, 07:11 PM
I thought I heard them singing one of those Russian funeral march tunes yesterday. You know the sort, low level drone that lasts for hours.

Might be mistaken though as it was hard to hear them above the noise all the dunfermline fans were making

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
30-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Wee Ann will soon sort them out.

Canny have them sullying her fantastic stadium with it's shiny new stand.

Oh, wait.....................

Pete
30-07-2017, 07:17 PM
I thought I heard them singing one of those Russian funeral march tunes yesterday. You know the sort, low level drone that lasts for hours.

Might be mistaken though as it was hard to hear them above the noise all the dunfermline fans were making

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

To be fair, they do say that all races are welcome.

I'm assuming Catholics will be welcomed with open arms too.

High-On-Hibs
30-07-2017, 07:20 PM
To be fair to Hearts, they've successfully transformed their entire (uncompleted) stadium into one big singing/chanting section.

Only problem is that they only appear to know a single chant and it's not really lifting the players or the manager.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Looks like Hearts have a new singing section complete with drummer. They are called the "Gorgie boys" and have a Facebook page of the same name.

I thought "hats off to them for at least trying to add to a Scottish football atmosphere"...until you delve a bit deeper.

Union flags with red hands of Ulster, songs at the game include Rule Brittania and one about a flute, fighting with fellow Hearts fans in the ground and trying to fight with Dunfermline fans afterwards.

I'd be a bit wary of searching Google for "Gorgie boys". ;-)

Joe6-2
30-07-2017, 07:24 PM
To be fair to Hearts, they've successfully transformed their entire (uncompleted) stadium into one big singing/chanting section.

Only problem is that they only appear to know a single chant and it's not really lifting the players or the manager.

It appears to have lifted the roof!

greenlex
30-07-2017, 07:28 PM

I've not delved into it but on the face of it they said sectarian songs were not welcome on the original post I saw.

heretoday
30-07-2017, 08:10 PM
And they can't sing for toffee.

30-07-2017, 08:12 PM
I thought it was the pars fans who had the drum. Hard to tell on tv though.

The_Todd
30-07-2017, 10:34 PM
I don't think "booooooooo" really counts as singing TBH

pacorosssco
30-07-2017, 10:39 PM
I've not delved into it but on the face of it they said sectarian songs were not welcome on the original post I saw.

Rangers orange away was tangerine and they also dont welcome party songs. Do as I say but do as you wish.

Mick O'Rourke
30-07-2017, 10:47 PM
I don't think "booooooooo" really counts as singing TBH
Apart from their official song, HHGH,which usually peters out during the second verse,Hertz don't have a song book anymore .
Most of what they ever sang in recent years, was made redundant after a certain day in May 2016.

As for booooooing !!

I suppose that could be described as a tribal chant ,rather than a song.
It has been popular there for quite some time now.
They have really mastered it.
So fair play to their bass section on that.

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2017, 10:49 PM
I tend to find amongst many Merricks there's a bigotry not far below the surface. Odd people.

GreenCastle
30-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Cringe...

Using the Warburton song for Lafferty and The Efe song for Heart of Midlothian..

School holidays are over soon...

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-07-2017, 10:57 PM
gimps

Vault Boy
30-07-2017, 11:05 PM
I thought the various solo renditions of 'get tae **** Cathro ya useless ****' were quite beautiful

pacorosssco
30-07-2017, 11:20 PM
I tend to find amongst many Merricks there's a bigotry not far below the surface. Odd people.

Yes I know a few good ones but they still buy into crap when pished or pushed. Fenian is a word close to lips at all times.

West lower
30-07-2017, 11:53 PM
The title of this thread just makes me laugh.

CraigHibee
31-07-2017, 12:57 AM

budgie breeks will rattle their cage and soon knock them of their perch

Forza Fred
31-07-2017, 01:15 AM
In Trainspotting 2 fashion, I can see them adapting the now famous song at the Lodge and giving us a rendition of

"No more Cathros" :greengrin

cjward2
31-07-2017, 02:24 AM
In Trainspotting 2 fashion, I can see them adapting the now famous song at the Lodge and giving us a rendition of

:agree:I like it:agree:

theonlywayisup
31-07-2017, 05:53 AM

Why would the stadium with allegedly the best atmosphere in the World need a signing section to improve the atmosphere?

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2017, 06:55 AM

Edinburgh establishment refined bigotry. Rather than in your face wedgie stuff.

southsider
31-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Their new singing section, complete with out-of-tune drummer had, wait for it, about 15 ! After the game tried to start a fight with Dunfermline fans at Haymarket, who just laughed at them.

Barney McGrew
31-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Using the Warburton song for Lafferty.

Excellent - does Kyle wear a fanny's hat too?

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 07:32 AM
I love their new song.. "booooooooo" I think it's called.

California-Hibs
31-07-2017, 07:34 AM

You just won the internet for today 😂👍

yonder1875
31-07-2017, 07:41 AM
I would say fair play to them for trying to generate an atmosphere as the other dinosaurs' in the crowd song book was wiped after we won the Scottish, but that is just too tragic.

Hearts away will be some laugh if this lot are still going.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2017, 09:12 AM
You just won the internet for today 😂👍

What does that mean?

BegbieHSC
31-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Checked out their FB page, and they just seem like a tiny group of wee mutants, longing for a train pass to go see their big team!

Check out their tune suggestions - "Hullo hullo," or "Flute for 50p"

Queen Ann will no doubt huckle them out.

Keith_M
31-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Isn't this just the same group of wee Neds that caused trouble after a couple of games last year?

As for the bigotry, as others have said, it's just below the surface with a significant minority. It's nowhere near the level at Ibrox, which to me is institutional bigotry, but it's definitely there.

When I started attending Easter Road, we also had a number of similar fans, basically just Celtc-Light, with Republican Songs and Irish Flags*. Fortunately, the club acted on it and, in fairness to those Fans, they put the interests of the club first and knocked it on the head.

* I have nothing against Ireland or its flag (or the Union Flag) I'm just not into re-creating the Belfast Experience at football.

Monts
31-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Is the drum the one they nicked off a motherwell bus?

SChibs
31-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Is the drum the one they nicked off a motherwell bus?

Think it was Ross County they stole the drum from

CraigHibee
31-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Think it was Ross County they stole the drum from

tramps, not only can they not afford to pay for a new stand but they have to steal a drum as well

they will always be thieves

Carheenlea
31-07-2017, 04:03 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/djkrismurdy/status/892008732749692929

:lolyam:

SRHibs
31-07-2017, 04:04 PM

Embarrassing. :lolyam:

Vault Boy
31-07-2017, 04:06 PM

Ahahaha wtf even are they?

wearethehibs
31-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Fair play to them for trying to create an atmosphere. But if they're going to be singing bigoted stuff and trying to fight with opposition supporters, Im sure they'll be hounded out.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 04:30 PM

They'll get better after rehearsals

The_Todd
31-07-2017, 05:08 PM
From what I've heard this singing section appears to be a bunch of children desperate to go to Ibrox but have been told "no" by their parents so need to recreate their "traditions" at The PBS. Amusingly upsetting the majority of Hertz fans who want no such thing.

Mick O'Rourke
31-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Isn't this just the same group of wee Neds that caused trouble after a couple of games last year?

As for the bigotry, as others have said, it's just below the surface with a significant minority. It's nowhere near the level at Ibrox, which to me is institutional bigotry, but it's definitely there.

When I started attending Easter Road, we also had a number of similar fans, basically just Celtc-Light, with Republican Songs and Irish Flags*. Fortunately, the club acted on it and, in fairness to those Fans, they put the interests of the club first and knocked it on the head.

* I have nothing against Ireland or its flag (or the Union Flag) I'm just not into re-creating the Belfast Experience at football.

I was there, and i am no "Celtic Light" nor a bigot.
From the early sixties and further, i stood mostly in the Albion Road end.

When Tom Hart built the Cave, the singing usually started from there.
No other fans were "welcome" to the Cave and that included Celtic.
Jeez ,back then we had as many fights with them as anyone else.

Yes. some rebel songs where sung.
I knew and sang them all !!
Bear in mind, this was all pre the 1970s "Troubles" and the singing of such songs would not have been viewed as it is today.

The Hibs Club back then was in Carlton Terrace, wasn't the first time i was in there listening to Irish songs being sung.
And on supporters buses too.
Many supporters then would have been sons,daughters grandsons grand daughters of Irish parent /grandparents.

A lot of what went on then may in part have been a hangover from the removal of the Harp from the stadium wall and the feeling at the time that the board were "diluting" the Club and its history.
I remember fans singing...
"We will hang Harry Swan with a rope around his neck" (to the tune of the Hibs song) such was the anger at the Harp being removed.

I dont recall any official ban from the club on singing such songs.

It just all petered out over the years (Rebel songs)

I will be watching with interest the reaction to our Dublin brothers when they return to The Holy Ground with their fine banner.:flag:

pacoluna
31-07-2017, 09:24 PM
We as a section would like to reiterate something that people seem to have us confused for.

We use the the Union Flag because all of us all within the section support the union and the monarchy.

The Union Flag that has the Red Hand Of Ulster was made purely as a show of support for the club. Yes we realise the club is Scottish. Yet Scotland is still part of Britain and Hearts have a large number of pro union supporters and also a large number of pro independence supporters.

We as a section support everyone’s believes at tynecastle.

We knew when we started this group that we would instantly be branded as sectarian and that the fans wouldn’t be on board with us instantly.

We are taking the necessary steps to become completely Non sectarian. We will fly the Union flag High and proudly regardless of what other people think.

Tynecastle has been a library and Over the last few games you can all admit the atmosphere has been better with us. The only thing we ask of the supporters of HMFC is to get behind us and support our decisions.

Again we respect everyone’s views, we expect the same back.

Gorgie Boys 🇬🇧

LOL

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 09:29 PM
We as a section would like to reiterate something that people seem to have us confused for.

We use the the Union Flag because all of us all within the section support the union and the monarchy.

The Union Flag that has the Red Hand Of Ulster was made purely as a show of support for the club. Yes we realise the club is Scottish. Yet Scotland is still part of Britain and Hearts have a large number of pro union supporters and also a large number of pro independence supporters.

We as a section support everyone’s believes at tynecastle.

We knew when we started this group that we would instantly be branded as sectarian and that the fans wouldn’t be on board with us instantly.

We are taking the necessary steps to become completely Non sectarian. We will fly the Union flag High and proudly regardless of what other people think.

Tynecastle has been a library and Over the last few games you can all admit the atmosphere has been better with us. The only thing we ask of the supporters of HMFC is to get behind us and support our decisions.

Again we respect everyone’s views, we expect the same back.

Gorgie Boys 🇬🇧

LOL

I hope that was a copy and paste job 😂

pacoluna
31-07-2017, 09:37 PM
I hope that was a copy and paste job 😂

Of course, I did however add the LOL at the end :D