PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Threads

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Lets get more Hibs related threads on the forum. At the moment there are 14 about our neighbours, and whilst it is hilarious what is happening to them, why the obsession to post about the muppets??:flag:

18Hibee75
30-07-2017, 12:00 PM
To be fair, whilst I do agree with you, there have been many hibs threads talking about next week, young players, our pre season, stokes (times about a thousand).

I'm certain that if we were as embarrassing as they were at the moment they would have ten times the amount of threads about us and zero about them. For now, let's all laugh at hearts.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
30-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Lets get more Hibs related threads on the forum. At the moment there are 14 about our neighbours, and whilst it is hilarious what is happening to them, why the obsession to post about the muppets??:flag:

I agree, fed up reading about this mob, although it's funny

Ozyhibby
30-07-2017, 12:36 PM
So is this thread about Hibs or Hearts?[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 12:39 PM
So is this thread about Hibs or Hearts?[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs

Paloschi
30-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Hibs

Very excited about the season ahead. We have looked sharp in pre-season and the squad is taking shape. We are also very flexible and can go from 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 and 3-5-2 easily. We also have the best defenders outwith Celtic.

Here is hoping we keep McGinn and McGeouch stays fit. Add another forward and we could even suprise Aberdeen and Rangers and challenge for 2nd/3rd.

ancient hibee
30-07-2017, 12:52 PM
I'll wait to see how we get on against Partick before building a huge expectation.We have a lot of players who have spent three seasons playing mainly poor teams.It's a big step up particularly in defence where we've strolled through so many games.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Very excited about the season ahead. We have looked sharp in pre-season and the squad is taking shape. We are also very flexible and can go from 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 and 3-5-2 easily. We also have the best defenders outwith Celtic.

Here is hoping we keep McGinn and McGeouch stays fit. Add another forward and we could even suprise Aberdeen and Rangers and challenge for 2nd/3rd.

Indeed:flag:

Mibbes Aye
30-07-2017, 01:00 PM
I'll wait to see how we get on against Partick before building a huge expectation.We have a lot of players who have spent three seasons playing mainly poor teams.It's a big step up particularly in defence where we've strolled through so many games.

:agree:

Partick is probably the best game we could have asked for. Likely they will best represent the nature of the step-up.

On the one hand, I'm positive - I think we will get better outcomes from being able to play a more positive style of football.

On the other hand, there will be a marked increase in the quality of the opposition.

My guess is that our defence won't look as good as it has and our attack will look better than it has (assuming the signings go ahead).

All that said, having players like Ambrose and Whittaker on permanents really solidifies a spine that was pretty robust to begin with.

I think we will be hard to beat, hopefully we get it right up top and become a team that snatches results when required.

jacomo
30-07-2017, 01:18 PM
It's a situation where once again our neighbours have allowed hubris to rule over heads and they've got themselves into a pickle of their own making.

I think we have a duty to laugh at them.

It's ok.

Deansy
30-07-2017, 01:40 PM

30+ years they'e been lording it over us - maybe not quite illegally (well, least until Vlad's caught anyway !!) but definitely immorally so I think it's understandable that a large number of Hibs-fans really just want to thoroughly enjoy and relish their situation just now - God knows it's long, long overdue !. All the years of their keech - 'Big team'/'The Famous'/'5-1 killed them' etc, etc ALL based on 'Other People's Money' and nothing else whatsoever makes the current times an absolute joy for all Hibees (and all the other honest, decent football-supporters who's club's paid their way whilst they cheated and bumped their way !) It will eventually die down once everyone realises it's just the return of the natural-order of football in Edinburgh.

green leaves
30-07-2017, 02:24 PM

Kickback.net

Tug Wilson
30-07-2017, 02:31 PM

Very much this.

The opening game against Partick will really show us where we are. They are well organised and are coming into this season after a pretty successful one last season.

This will be no easy game. None of them will be.

That said, I do think that we have a really good squad and that we should be capable of, a aiming for, Top 6 and even Top 4.

A win against Thistle and a positive result (win or draw) against The Rangers would set us up nicely for the start of the season.