PDA

View Full Version : hibs fanzine (hibees glasgow gossip)

Babyshamble
29-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Anybody remember this fanzine from 1988 ? Been looking through old copies I kept.20p a copy.ive got issues 7-15.think that was the last issue.before the days of the internet is was a must but for me & my mates.

Is It On....
29-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Anybody remember this fanzine from 1988 ? Been looking through old copies I kept.20p a copy.ive got issues 7-15.think that was the last issue.before the days of the internet is was a must but for me & my mates.

Loved it...and I remember it being 20p as well. Sadly I don't have any of my copies as I lent them to a "friend" and never got them back. There is an old thread on The Bounce talking about and says it was done by someone called David Jackson. I think there was also a London Hibs publication as well and they both had a Harp on the front cover?

Frazerbob
30-07-2017, 01:27 AM
Loved the old fanzines and really enjoyed the recent cup final comebacks of Mass Hibsteria. Off the top of my head there was The Proclaimer, Hibs Monthly, Glasgow Gossip, North East Hibernians, Mass Hibsteria. Any others I've forgotten?

tanfield
30-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Loved the old fanzines and really enjoyed the recent cup final comebacks of Mass Hibsteria. Off the top of my head there was The Proclaimer, Hibs Monthly, Glasgow Gossip, North East Hibernians, Mass Hibsteria. Any others I've forgotten?

Aye monotonous was one - only won edition produced I think. Also down the slope and tanesh (sp). Still got all my copies of these and the others mentioned above

bigwheel
24-06-2019, 07:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/6e4d9ae2599737cf05a85192707e59c5.jpg

Found this beauty today while clearing through some Old boxes. Pretty Much mint condition

bigwheel
24-06-2019, 07:29 PM
And while I’m at it. Found this one too[emoji2]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/dbec61ee65d6036403d468d36643f4ab.jpg

brog
24-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Loved it...and I remember it being 20p as well. Sadly I don't have any of my copies as I lent them to a "friend" and never got them back. There is an old thread on The Bounce talking about and says it was done by someone called David Jackson. I think there was also a London Hibs publication as well and they both had a Harp on the front cover?

Davie Jackson was involved both with Glasow Gossip & Hibees Here, Hibees There, London Hibs fanzine.

Forza Fred
25-06-2019, 05:59 AM
The Australia Branch of the Hibs Supporters Association produced their own monthly fanzine entitled ‘Here We Go!’ for about seven years from 1987...and intermittently after that.

It was even produced on line until sporadically until about 2 years ago....

NthCarolinaHibs
25-06-2019, 10:45 AM
The Australia Branch of the Hibs Supporters Association produced their own monthly fanzine entitled ‘Here We Go!’ for about seven years from 1987...and intermittently after that.

It was even produced on line until sporadically until about 2 years ago.... I remember meeting you in the Iona when I was doing the USA Hibs, fanzine...yer laddie was into the Charlotte Hornets,the town where I lived...must have been over twenty year ago 🤔

ChilliEater
25-06-2019, 12:16 PM
And while I’m at it. Found this one too[emoji2]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/dbec61ee65d6036403d468d36643f4ab.jpg

Thanks for posting that bigwheel - I did that Alex Miller interview, so brings back some happy memories for me of sitting in a dressing room under the old main stand talking for maybe an hour or so, trying to appear cool on the outside while inwardly screaming with excitement at being somewhere not many fans got to go while talking to the manager of my club.

bigwheel
25-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Thanks for posting that bigwheel - I did that Alex Miller interview, so brings back some happy memories for me of sitting in a dressing room under the old main stand talking for maybe an hour or so, trying to appear cool on the outside while inwardly screaming with excitement at being somewhere not many fans got to go while talking to the manager of my club.

I can imagine. He was quite a fearsome character ..what was he like ??

Do you have a copy Chillieater? If not. Ping me a PM and I’ll send you this ....

ronaldo7
25-06-2019, 02:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/6e4d9ae2599737cf05a85192707e59c5.jpg

Found this beauty today while clearing through some Old boxes. Pretty Much mint condition

How did you get that home without a crease or crumple?:greengrin

bigwheel
25-06-2019, 03:33 PM
How did you get that home without a crease or crumple?:greengrin

Lol. I have literally no idea. Never done it before or since ! [emoji2]

ChilliEater
25-06-2019, 11:19 PM
I can imagine. He was quite a fearsome character ..what was he like ??

Do you have a copy Chillieater? If not. Ping me a PM and I’ll send you this ....

I liked him. I was a scruffy 22 year old student doing fanzine stuff for fun but he treated me with total respect - at one point Murdo knocked on the door to tell him that a pro journalist - I've completely forgotten who, but he was well known, someone from the Record or maybe one of the radio shows - was waiting for him and he just said "Tell him he'll have to wait. I'm busy right now" and kept talking with me for quite a while longer. Made me feel a million dollars with that :greengrin

I do have boxes in the garage with various fanzines in - if I've not got that one I'll get back to you :-) Even if you could just scan the interview I'd love to read it again.

SideBurns
26-06-2019, 06:38 AM
I liked him. I was a scruffy 22 year old student doing fanzine stuff for fun but he treated me with total respect - at one point Murdo knocked on the door to tell him that a pro journalist - I've completely forgotten who, but he was well known, someone from the Record or maybe one of the radio shows - was waiting for him and he just said "Tell him he'll have to wait. I'm busy right now" and kept talking with me for quite a while longer. Made me feel a million dollars with that :greengrin

I do have boxes in the garage with various fanzines in - if I've not got that one I'll get back to you :-) Even if you could just scan the interview I'd love to read it again.

Chillieater, sure you're not getting confused with a later interview you did for a fanzine? This is the March '89 issue and I'm certain Murdo didn't sign until after Italia '90. Also, in those early days don't think there were more than 3 people involved in interviewing for HM (I don't recall who in particular conducted this one, mind! Might have been more than one with Lexo).

ChilliEater
26-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Chillieater, sure you're not getting confused with a later interview you did for a fanzine? This is the March '89 issue and I'm certain Murdo didn't sign until after Italia '90. Also, in those early days don't think there were more than 3 people involved in interviewing for HM (I don't recall who in particular conducted this one, mind! Might have been more than one with Lexo).

You could be right! I'm now trying to picture the flat I was living in when I wrote it up :greengrin Mine could have been 1990/91ish.