29-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Got a nice ring to it...

55 years and counting..

sleeping giant
29-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Brutal record :greengrin

Hibs Class
29-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Embarrassing for a self-proclaimed giant of Scottish football.

GreenCastle
29-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Such a wee cup that they even can't win it!

We need a song for this..

Hi Heid Yin
29-07-2017, 04:48 PM
55 years of capitulation, defeats and embarrassment.
The last time the Jambos won the League Cup, The Beatles were still relatively unknown beyond our shores and Churchill was still alive.
The great man would be thinking: Never in the field of football conflict were so many games lost by so few

Mibbes Aye
29-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Anyone think some of their penalties were skied on purpose?

It looked that way, watching at home.

Lancs Harp
29-07-2017, 05:06 PM
1962 the year that was

The Beatles released Love me do
Doctor No the first James Bond Film was released
Marilyb Munroe died
First episode of Steptoe and Son
Cuban Missile crisis
Ford launched the Cortina
Golden Wonder introduced flavoured crisps to the UK market
John Glenn became the first American to orbit the Earth
Hearts of Midlothian won the Scottish League cup for the last ever time.

AltheHibby
29-07-2017, 05:07 PM
The last time the Jambos won the League Cup, The Beatles were still relatively unknown beyond our shores and Churchill was still alive.
The great man would be thinking: Never in the fields of football conflict were so many games lost by so few

And I wasn't born. But my grandson was for our Scottish Cup win. 😁

high bee
29-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Is this what Sevco were on about last season? Must've stuck a few quid on it to fund their latest transfer exploits.

Northernhibee
29-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Maybe we should have a round of applause in the 55th minute against Partick? Just to show support to poor Ian Cathro and to celebrate his football genius?

29-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Oh sorry has nobody told you? Hearts are waaaaaay too big a team to care about this "diddy cup", they "didn't even want to qualify".

For 55 years running, Heart of Midlothian FC has nobly gotten themselves knocked out of this cup so all us "wee teams" can have a chance. I for one applause this wonderful act of charity, so great to know we now have a chance now that the footballing Goliath that is HMFC are out.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-07-2017, 06:46 PM
What a horrendous cup record for a team of their ahem size

Eyrie
29-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Fifty five years of failure is the only reason that they are Famous.

givescotlandfreedom
29-07-2017, 07:13 PM
I think it's 56 if we round it up to their next opportunity in 2018

GreenCastle
29-07-2017, 07:18 PM
For a wee cup they are making a lot of noise about being knocked out..

Just like when they say they don't care about it when they took all those fans through to the final when St Mirren beat them !!

Danderhall Hibs
29-07-2017, 07:21 PM

All of them. I think Lafferty misjudged his.

They must've been - they get loads of practice at penalties so unlikely they could be that bad at them.

Canon Hannan
29-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Both hands in the air showing 5 and 5 to the good old song........Tell all the Hearts you know, Its been 55 years in a row,

GreenCastle
29-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Both hands in the air showing 5 and 5 to the good old song........Tell all the Hearts you know, Its been 55 years in a row,

Liking this..

Need a 2nd line for the song..

Pedantic_Hibee
29-07-2017, 07:48 PM

Cathro's a geek, they get f*****d every week,
It's 55 years in a row-oh-ooohh

Mibbes Aye
29-07-2017, 07:51 PM
All of them. I think Lafferty misjudged his.

They must've been - they get loads of practice at penalties so unlikely they could be that bad at them.

:agree: Well-observed.

Shame if true though, because it probably hastens Cathro out the door and he's doing a great job for us.

I'm toying between him, Eddy Malofyvev, and Stephen "Fail" Fail as their all-time best managers :aok:

At the moment for me it's still Eddy but "No Posts" is running it close.

29-07-2017, 08:07 PM
:agree: Well-observed.

Shame if true though, because it probably hastens Cathro out the door and he's doing a great job for us.

I'm toying between him, Eddy Malofyvev, and Stephen "Fail" Fail as their all-time best managers :aok:

At the moment for me it's still Eddy but "No Posts" is running it close.

Was it not under Stevie "Fail" Frail that they celebrated a 1-1 draw at ER like they had won the league? Players all holding hands doing the whole 3 cheers with the fans thing? :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Thats how all "big teams" celebrate a draw with their "wee team" rivals you know . . . .

Northernhibee
29-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Liking this..

Need a 2nd line for the song..

Tell all the Hearts you know, it's been fifty five years in a row
They were singing this song
And then they got it all wrong
It's been fifty five years in a row

LithgaeHibby
29-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Half a century's up
With nae "diddy cup"

hfc rd
29-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Oh sorry has nobody told you? Hearts are waaaaaay too big a team to care about this "diddy cup", they "didn't even want to qualify".

For 55 years running, Heart of Midlothian FC has nobly gotten themselves knocked out of this cup so all us "wee teams" can have a chance. I for one applause this wonderful act of charity, so great to know we now have a chance now that the footballing Goliath that is HMFC are out.

Couldn't have put the above any better.

They are far too BIG a club to take this competition seriously as their focus is on challenging for the league and winning the Champions League.

Callyballybe
29-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Half a century's up
With nae "diddy cup"

I actually quite like this.

GreenCastle
29-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Half a century's up
With nae "diddy cup"

Decent effort

pacorosssco
29-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Im not one to big this up. We got monkey off back thankfully. I doubt 55 years bothers any Hearts fan.

Lancs Harp
29-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Im not one to big this up. We got monkey off back thankfully. I doubt 55 years bothers any Hearts fan.

It will when they hear it from us 50 million times. :wink:

Thecat23
29-07-2017, 10:12 PM

It does BIG TIME. So we should remind them at any opportunity like they did with us.

Sammy7nil
29-07-2017, 11:45 PM
1962 the year that was

Marilyb Munroe died
Cuban Missile crisis

I was born maybe i am the reason well maybe not.

21sMay
30-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Tell all the hearts you know
It's been 55 years in a row
Peterhead put use out
While the hibs scream and out
Please dont sack Ian cathro

SirDavidsNapper
30-07-2017, 01:19 AM
Tell all the yams you know
League cups and Hearts don't go

PatHead
30-07-2017, 08:25 AM
1962 the year that was

Marilyb Munroe died
Cuban Missile crisis

Harold McMillan was prime minister. There was no colour telly. Teresa May was 5 years old. Nicola Sturgeon wouldn't be born for another 8 years. Only 28per cent of the current world's population was born

alihibs1
30-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Half a century's up
With nae "diddy cup"
It's been fifty five years in a rowLike this. Good effort.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ian cruise
30-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Half a century's up
With nae "diddy cup"

Like it but I'd say League cup instead of Diddy cup. They don't do irony so will miss the fact we're mocking them.

Austinho
30-07-2017, 10:49 AM
They can't win it until at least 2018, so that makes it 56 years. Can we adjust the thread title accordingly? :)

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Hearts fans who wish to do this will have to wait another 11 years.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2017, 11:00 AM
I think it's 56 if we round it up to their next opportunity in 2018

I agree.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2017, 11:04 AM

Nah, why would they do that?

If made no difference to anything. The supporters were raging at the performance and the fact that they'd been horsed out of the cup.

cleanyman
30-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Always thought the chant was cringe so hopefully this is just forum chat

Cringe city

1van Sprou7e
30-07-2017, 11:06 AM

If made no difference to anything. The supporters were raging at the performance and the fact that they'd been horsed out of the cup.

They looked like they wanted to get off the pitch asap and/or could be a kind of protest against Cathro

Even Lafferty's penalty made it look like he was trying to miss lol

Mibbes Aye
30-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Which was very funny viewing.

I just can't see how so many pens would be missed (not saved) so badly. I wondered whether it was some sort of protest - they knew they were out so it didn't affect anything.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2017, 11:10 AM
They looked like they wanted to get off the pitch asap and/or could be a kind of protest against Cathro

Even Lafferty's penalty made it look like he was trying to miss lol

I'm sure they were mortified and wanted the ground to swallow them up, but even if they were half-hearted attempts, they weren't missed deliberately.

1van Sprou7e
30-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm sure they were mortified and wanted the ground to swallow them up, but even if they were half-hearted attempts, they weren't missed deliberately.

Yeah on second thoughts I think what's far more likely is that they all just went for the spectacular since there was nothing to lose and 3/4 of them failed

Hibbyradge
30-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Which was very funny viewing.

I just can't see how so many pens would be missed (not saved) so badly. I wondered whether it was some sort of protest - they knew they were out so it didn't affect anything.

It was great fun, but I can't believe that those footballers could agree a plan to be deliberately dishonest in the few seconds between taking the kicks and Cathro's "motivational" speech 😂

Hibbyradge
30-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Yeah on second thoughts I think what's far more likely is that they all just went for the spectacular since there was nothing to lose and 3/4 of them failed

Yeah. They just hit them hard without any particular care or attention and gave us all a good laugh.

Mibbes Aye
30-07-2017, 11:22 AM
It was great fun, but I can't believe that those footballers could agree a plan to be deliberately dishonest in the few seconds between taking the kicks and Cathro's "motivational" speech 😂

Not sure it would need to be planned, one does it and the others follow - except the one who didn't :greengrin

You're more likely to be right, and as much fun as it was I'm not going to go back and watch it again forensically, as it's impossible to discern. If it did happen it will come out at some point.

Either way, it was great viewing.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2017, 11:27 AM
You're more likely to be right, and as much fun as it was I'm not going to go back and watch it again

I might :faf:

Mibbes Aye
30-07-2017, 11:34 AM
I might :faf:

Ach, you've convinced me (settles onto sofa with a beer in hand and a smug grin) :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2017, 12:54 PM
The great man would be thinking: Never in the field of football conflict were so many games lost by so few

Whats the tune?

.Sean.
30-07-2017, 12:57 PM
🎤

You've no won the Wee Cup
For 55 years

🎤

Canny wait to skelp that shower of absolute ***** :giruy2:

MyJo
30-07-2017, 01:13 PM
55 league cup defeats in a row
55 league cup defeats
your record astounds
you don't hang around
peterhead put you out in the first round.

Leithenhibby
30-07-2017, 01:14 PM
All this talk of 55+ years without the wee cup got me thinking.

With our very own 45th anniversary of the 72' league cup victory v Celtic this December, why not celebrate with this little beauty :thumbsup:

420 x 594

PM - and I'll get it sorted.

GGTTH

renato
30-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Tell all the Hearts you know,
it's 55 years in a row.
Ian Cathro was right,
your schematics are sheite,
it's 55 years in a roooooooow...