PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Scottish Championship Promotion

hfc rd
28-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Who do you think will be promoted this season?

I think Dundee Utd will win the league. The pressure will be on them as they've signed 10 players and a further year in that league will hit their finances really hard. Will also drive their fans even further away as a lot of them want Thompson out.

I personally want Dunfermline to come up as it's a brilliant away day. Basically anyone as long as it keeps Houston and his mercenaries down.

DTS
28-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Honestly haven't a clue, obvious choices I'd say are Dundee United however Falkirk always around about and st mirren should be flying after the last 6 months although they've struggled in the league cup, although I fancy £5 on Livingston to be promoted as an outside bet maybe due to hometown bias

AdidasHibernian
28-07-2017, 08:48 PM
I honestly fancy Falkirk this year. There always up there an have got a really strong Attack. Especially getting Loy back, always admired him and liked his ability on and off the ball. Same with Austin and Hypolite.

Other than that I would say Dunfermline may be surprising a few people this year.
Hope Livingston do well as always had a soft spot for them.

jgl07
28-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I hope that Dundee United and Dunfermline are promoted via whatever means and Hamilton and Ross County go down.

hfc rd
28-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Livingston seem to be a bit of a dark horse. Won their LC group that included Partick and St Mirren who looked pretty decent towards the tail end of last season when they completed the great escape. Yam mate at work mentioned that Livi should have won the pre-season game between the two teams as they looked the better side.

lord bunberry
28-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Hopefully Dunfermline.

givescotlandfreedom
28-07-2017, 09:59 PM
I think Falkirk will cock up late on as they always do and will enjoy it immensely. Arabs to go up comfortably.

Hibs Class
28-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Will be interesting to see how ICT do, the team relegated should be in a decent position to compete but then we saw how badly St Mirren did in their first season down. I woud expect ICT to be up there, but if backing one club it woud be Dundee Utd

Diclonius
28-07-2017, 10:06 PM
It'll be between Dundee Utd, Falkirk and St Mirren. I expect United will just about manage it.

jacomo
28-07-2017, 10:12 PM
ICT have a habit of getting promoted though. I wouldn't write them off.

bigwheel
28-07-2017, 10:13 PM
It'll be between Dundee Utd, Falkirk and St Mirren. I expect United will just about manage it.

I would add Dunfermline, ICT and Livi into that mix....will be a good league.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
28-07-2017, 10:19 PM
ICT have a habit of getting promoted though. I wouldn't write them off.
They got humped by Falkirk in the league cup. That doesn't rule them out obviously, but it's not a good sign.

SDG90+2
28-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Fancy Utd to win the league and Inverness to beat Hearts in the playoffs:)

lord bunberry
28-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Fancy Utd to win the league and Inverness to beat Hearts in the playoffs:)
Give me a minute, I'll be back the now :greengrin

Andy74
28-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Thankfully this year I don't give a toss!

However, Dundee Utd will do well to shake off Falkirk.

CMurdoch
28-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Dundee Utd to win.
ICT 2nd but fail to get promoted

E10 Rifle
29-07-2017, 09:00 AM
I think McKinnon is a good manager and will take Utd up. He's signed pretty well this off-season given the mess he inherited last.

Overall I think there are 4 or 5 teams in that league that would suit an expanded Premier League and I think it'll be an interesting and close-run thing there....not that I'll really be watching.

Souter96Mac
29-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Wouldn't mind United struggling down there for a bit longer tbh..but wouldn't like Falkirk up either. I'd actually like to see the likes of Dunfermline or Livi making another rise up

.Sean.
29-07-2017, 09:04 AM
2 of Dunfermline, Dundee United or Morton hopefully. Proper clubs.

Failing that anyone but Falkirk.

The absolute diddies that are Hamilton bombed out our league too finally please.