View Full Version : Official Site: SQUAD UPDATE | DANNY HANDLING

Brightside
28-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Away to Dumbarton for a years loan.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Away to Dumbarton for a years loan.

Good move for the lad, gets him playing again
Presume he trains with Hibs some days, and Dumbarton when they train at night?

Heisenberg
28-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Sure it's a loan? Their official statement doesn't make it clear unless I'm missing it.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3160

Brightside
28-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Good move for the lad, gets him playing again
Presume he trains with Hibs some days, and Dumbarton when they train at night?

I may have it wrong actually.. Looks like he has actually left Hibs and joined Dumbarton on a one year deal.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2017, 03:33 PM
I may have it wrong actually.. Looks like he has actually left Hibs and joined Dumbarton on a one year deal.

The effect would be the same I suppose as its his last year. Good luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
Never going to make it at Hibs, hope he does well for them.

Billy Whizz

Contract terminated
I presume Dumbarton are part time

Firestarter
28-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Good luck to Danny. Surprised he's went part time though.

Sean1875
28-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Makes sense for everyone concerned. Best of luck to him though :aok:

RSS Bot
28-07-2017, 03:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7730)

Scottie
28-07-2017, 03:51 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7730)
Good luck Danny for the future. Thanks for your efforts.

neil7908
28-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Good luck Danny. Think he'll get a decent team in the Championship.

DTS
28-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Good luck Danny. Think he'll get a decent team in the Championship.

He's signed for dumbarton

Since90+2
28-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Best for both parties. He was never going to make it at Hibs.

J-C
28-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Surprised he's gone to part time football, would have thought Raith, QOS or a team like that would've been in for him.

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Another wage off the monthly outgoings, not that I mean that in a bad way. Just gives us more scope to bring someone else in. Good luck to the lad.

neil7908
28-07-2017, 03:58 PM

Surprised by that, don't think he's ready for the SPL so totally understand Hibs letting him go but thought he'd do better tbh.

Anyway, he'll be playing regular football in a very competitive league next year which is the main thing.

snooky
28-07-2017, 03:59 PM

Glad to hear he has something lined up.
Good luck at the Rock, Danny. :aok:

Billy Whizz
28-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Another wage off the monthly outgoings, not that I mean that in a bad way. Just gives us more scope to bring someone else in. Good luck to the lad.

I'd have thought he'd have got some sort of pay off, to go part-time

MWHIBBIES
28-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Best for both parties. He was never going to make it at Hibs.Never is a strong word. He showed promise, just came into the team at a time where having young players making mistakes wasn't really an option. If him, Sam and Alex Harris were coming through now they'd get plenty chances in a much more settled side.

Golden Bear
28-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Very sorry to hear this, I still had high hopes that Danny would become a permanent fixture in the first team squad but sadly it wasn't to be.

On another note, I'm struggling to see the added value of sending 2 of our younger players to Gala Fairydean under the guise of a "development loan." The standard of football in the Lowland League can be pretty dire at times and I'm not sure this move will exactly enhance their future prospects.

Brightside
28-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Very sorry to hear this, I still had high hopes that Danny would become a permanent fixture in the first team squad but sadly it wasn't to be.

On another note, I'm struggling to see the added value of sending 2 of our younger players to Gala Fairydean under the guise of a "development loan." The standard of football in the Lowland League can be pretty dire at times and I'm not sure this move will exactly enhance their future prospects.

The standard of football is tougher than the Dev league - as the team found out on Sunday! These boys need to toughen up and a stint in this league will help.

Firestarter
28-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Good luck Danny, bang in the goals and get a move full time. Your ability has that in you.

Golden Bear
The standard of football is tougher than the Dev league - are you team found out on Sunday! These boys need to toughen up and a stint in this league will help.

If that's the objective then fair enough, I just hoped they don't get kicked to death in the process.

:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
Should offer his wage to Stokes

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Step back to take a step forwards. Hope he comes good. If he comes back to ER in other colours and scores a last minute winner, then good on him.

Since90+2
28-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Th Lowland League is a pretty decent standard. There is not much between that league and League two.

Brightside
28-07-2017, 04:19 PM
If that's the objective then fair enough, I just hoped they don't get kicked to death in the process.

:greengrin

Oh they will....i think thats the point. :greengrin

Golden Bear
28-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Th Lowland League is a pretty decent standard. There is not much between that league and League two.

In that case, I guess I must have been unlucky in the fixtures I've seen.

jacomo
28-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Step back to take a step forwards. Hope he comes good. If he comes back to ER in other colours and scores a last minute winner, then good on him.

Really? That's very magnanimous of you.

I wish him well, but if he does a Paul Hartley and uses his rejection from Hibs to turn himself into an actually good footballer I think I might be a bit annoyed!

HibsNutter
28-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Wouldn't worry about that, the boy has had a big opportunity to play for a great club but has spent half his time swanning about George Street.

500miles
28-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't worry about that, the boy has had a big opportunity to play for a great club but has spent half his time swanning about George Street.

I'd suggest it's more to do with the time spent in a cast than on George Street.

Thecat23
28-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Really? That's very magnanimous of you.

I wish him well, but if he does a Paul Hartley and uses his rejection from Hibs to turn himself into an actually good footballer I think I might be a bit annoyed!

Let's be honest chances of that are slim.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-07-2017, 04:52 PM
I'd suggest it's more to do with the time spent in a cast than on George Street.

I think a combination of both.

He was a George street wannabe before he was injured.

Was always too wee and slender but was more interested in the style of his quiff as opposed to the size of his muscles.

Good luck at Dumbarton but I suspect he'll struggle to stand out there as well.

easty
28-07-2017, 04:55 PM

I'd suggest it's just cos he wasn't good enough to play for Hibs. Decent young player that didn't get any better.

southern hibby
28-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Should offer his wage to Stokes

Sure Stokes will want a bit more than Danny's wage.

😉

GGTTH

The_Horde
28-07-2017, 05:31 PM
All the best Daniel. A good member of the squad who won us the cup.

Brightside
28-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Sure Stokes will want a bit more than Danny's wage.

😉

GGTTH
It wouldn't pay for the petrol in his very similar two cars.

Super_JMcGinn
28-07-2017, 05:43 PM

Was always too wee and slender but was more interested in the style of his quiff as opposed to the size of his muscles.

Quite disappointed in some of the remarks about Danny, cracking prospect who was blighted by injury and came along at the wrong time in a struggling team. Will always remember his contribution in the 4-3 semi and wish him all the very best.

jacomo
28-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Let's be honest chances of that are slim.

Slimmer than Paul Hartley at any rate.

JimBHibees
28-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Good luck to the guy very unlucky with injuries. Superb in the game at Ibrox when Beaton scandalously sent him off.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Finally...hes not good enough and it frees up a wage... maybe gives enough to bring stokes back

calumhibee1
28-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Good. Nothing against the guy but he is nowhere near the standard required at Hibs now that we're back in the SPL. Would be surprised if he ever plays full time football again.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2017, 07:27 PM
All the best Daniel. A good member of the squad who won us the cup.Good Luck to Danny yes but he played no part whatsoever in the cup win mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
28-07-2017, 07:32 PM
It wouldn't pay for the petrol in his very similar two cars.

You clearly haven't seen what Danny drives.....

He's the perfect example of someone believing their own hype. Hope he makes something of his football career and gives up trying to live the only way is Essex lifestyle.

Iggy Pope
28-07-2017, 07:41 PM
You clearly haven't seen what Danny drives.....

He's the perfect example of someone believing their own hype. Hope he makes something of his football career and gives up trying to live the only way is Essex lifestyle.

Me too. Maybe he'll get his picture taken with a soap star one day.

Speedway
28-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Handling was originally part of a double act with Caldwell who were supposed to be the new Riordan/O'Connor team.

We know what became of Caldwell, hopefully Danny will do better for himself.

ian cruise
28-07-2017, 07:56 PM

I wouldn't be so sure that he'll struggle there, he played at that level with berwick and was a total stand out. He has flashes of excellence with us in between injuries. If he stays injury free Danny will be in the top league in a year or two. Not with Hibs, but a Partick or similar will take a chance on him.

Juice-Terry
28-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Had a brilliant game at Ibrox a few years back IIRC. Wasn't that when he got injured? (Sorry, haven't read the whole thread.)

Unseen work
28-07-2017, 08:01 PM
What's with all the digs ffs?

hes a young good looking lad so all of a sudden folk are saying "he is too interested in his quiff" and mentioned about the only way is Essex.

do yous know Danny personally?

give it a rest and instead of digging him out just wish a talented lad who has not had much luck with injuries the last couple of seasons well.

SanFranHibs
28-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Had a brilliant game at Ibrox a few years back IIRC. Wasn't that when he got injured? (Sorry, haven't read the whole thread.)

In the Petrofac Cup he was playing good until he got sent off. Very soft sending off. Even McCoist said so and admitted that was the only reason they progressed.

(Think I have the right game)

The_Horde
28-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Good Luck to Danny yes but he played no part whatsoever in the cup win mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Good lad in the dressing room. Played his part

calumhibee1
28-07-2017, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that he'll struggle there, he played at that level with berwick and was a total stand out. He has flashes of excellence with us in between injuries. If he stays injury free Danny will be in the top league in a year or two. Not with Hibs, but a Partick or similar will take a chance on him.

Berwick are two leagues below Dumbarton and as far as I know they've never played any higher than where they are just now in recent times. It's far from the same level as playing against a league where the majority of teams are full time.

sarfoftheborder
28-07-2017, 08:21 PM
A very good footballer who has been so unlucky with injuries. No need for all the George Street remarks about him. Lennon commended his approach to pre-season training and said he had done very well. All the best Danny.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Saw Danny playing for our development team, when we used to play at Livvi. Was a cut above most of the players, some who have gone onto be decent professional players.
Not sure what has held him back, probably injuries, but if he can keep fit, I'm sure he cam go on and have a decent career. He's definitely got the talent.
Good luck Danny, work hard

Jonnyboy
28-07-2017, 09:24 PM

hes a young good looking lad so all of a sudden folk are saying "he is too interested in his quiff" and mentioned about the only way is Essex.

give it a rest and instead of digging him out just wish a talented lad who has not had much luck with injuries the last couple of seasons well.

This 100%

silverhibee
28-07-2017, 09:30 PM

Well said my man/woman :thumbsup:

ian cruise
28-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Berwick are two leagues below Dumbarton and as far as I know they've never played any higher than where they are just now in recent times. It's far from the same level as playing against a league where the majority of teams are full time.

My bad, thought both were league 1, should have checked before posting. Still feel Danny will be back in top league soon though.

col02
28-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Genuinely thought Handling, Harris and Staunton were good prospects three years ago but unfortunate timing perhaps for them all at the demise of Hibs allied with injuries. Wish them all good luck away from Hibs

CMurdoch
28-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Genuinely thought Handling, Harris and Staunton were good prospects three years ago but unfortunate timing perhaps for them all at the demise of Hibs allied with injuries. Wish them all good luck away from Hibs

It will benefit all 3 to get away from Hibs.
A clean slate and realistic expectations will give them all a chance to find their feet again with regular football.
Hopefully they all do well.

Forza Fred
29-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Good luck to him.

Players come, players go, the caravan moves on.......

Pete
29-07-2017, 01:46 AM

Handling, Harris, Stanton, Cauldwell...all unlucky to a certain degree and you wonder how they would have developed had they been chucked in at the deep end and told to swim such as the Hearts youngsters were.

Saying that, I firmly believe that you get what you deserve in football regardless of injury/circumstance. If you put in the hard work and show the desire you will rise to the top...and sometimes that can begin with being humble, modest and accepting that nobody owes you anything.

Still plenty time for all of them to shine but ultimately it's up to them.

CraigHibee
29-07-2017, 02:56 AM
I genuinely wish Danny all the best, as others have pointed out whats the point in twisting the knife into him? I hope his career does pick up as sometimes a few steps back is required to get forward in life

Mibbes Aye
29-07-2017, 03:07 AM
Handling, Harris, Stanton, Cauldwell...all unlucky to a certain degree and you wonder how they would have developed had they been chucked in at the deep end and told to swim such as the Hearts youngsters were.

Saying that, I firmly believe that you get what you deserve in football regardless of injury/circumstance. If you put in the hard work and show the desire you will rise to the top...and sometimes that can begin with being humble, modest and accepting that nobody owes you anything.

Still plenty time for all of them to shine but ultimately it's up to them.

:agree:

Football is as meritocratic as it gets. Because the margins for selection or progress are so tight.

Doesn't matter where you're from, what your accent is, you will generally rise to the level your talent deserves.

Staying there and/or progressing from there depends on attitude, mentality and sometimes just sheer commitment.

Forza Fred
29-07-2017, 03:20 AM
:agree:

Football is as meritocratic as it gets. Because the margins for selection or progress are so tight.

Doesn't matter where you're from, what your accent is, you will generally rise to the level your talent deserves.

Staying there and/or progressing from there depends on attitude, mentality and sometimes just sheer commitment.

Yep, that's the way I see it too...but I would not discount 'luck' too........sometimes being in the right place/club at the right time can be down to that.

Danderhall Hibs
29-07-2017, 06:23 AM

:agree: good luck to him.

He'll need a good attitude - it'll be a bit of a culture shock going from getting everything done for him to part time. I hope he can stick in and stand out for them and then get back to full time at some point.