PDA

View Full Version : Billericay Town sign Jermaine Pennant

SirDavidsNapper
26-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Is he still with us? Didn't see anything about him leaving. Sorry if already covered.

Thecat23
26-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Nope.

SirDavidsNapper
26-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Nope.

Cheers. Pleased about that 👍

Billy Whizz
28-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Signed for Billericay Town seemingly. 7th level of English Football

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Well I never thought I's start a thread with that title!

Just saw today that my local team have signed Jermaine Pennant. The club are claiming that he chose Billericay Town over Hibs!!! :top marks

He joins Paul Konchesky and Jamie O'Hara in the team. Honestly that club is turning into a pantomime. Rumour has it they are getting their own reality TV show.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/834090/Billericay-Town-Jermaine-Pennant-Arsenal-Liverpool

Stevie Reid
28-07-2017, 09:07 AM
The Sun claims he's getting £3K a week there.

Keith_M
28-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Imagine being outbid by Billericay Town!

:grr:

I'd hand my Season Ticket back... if I'd actually bought it yet.

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2017, 09:10 AM
I'll start....

He's doing very well.

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Imagine being outbid by Billericay Town!

:grr:

I'd hand my Season Ticket back... if I'd actually bought it yet.

We didn't bid though...

HibbyScott
28-07-2017, 09:13 AM
I'll start....

He's doing very well.

30th of September he'll be coming to my local team! I'll keep an eye on his warm up and report back!

ehf
28-07-2017, 09:14 AM
I'll start....

He's doing very well.

Joyce and Vicky will be pleased!

Keith_M
28-07-2017, 09:14 AM
We didn't bid though...

Stop ruining my rant with mere facts. I hate when people do that!

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 09:17 AM

A local down here just told me Hibs would never pay that kind of money....

Firestarter
28-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Good luck to him, he obviously wants to keep playing. Seems to have a much better attitude these days!

Isaac_Refvik
28-07-2017, 09:23 AM
I wonder if new boots and panties are included in the deal?

Ringothedog
28-07-2017, 09:25 AM

We would have been dickies to sign him

CRAZYHIBBY
28-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Lennon never offered him a deal

GraniteCityHibs
28-07-2017, 09:30 AM
I'll start....

He's doing very well.

I got it

yonder1875
28-07-2017, 09:31 AM

7th tier paying £3,000 a week (apparently), ludicrous.

Stevie Reid
28-07-2017, 09:34 AM
A local down here just told me Hibs would never pay that kind of money....

Definitely not for Jermain Pennant, no.

ian cruise
28-07-2017, 09:34 AM
7th tier paying £3,000 a week (apparently), ludicrous.

It's a better standard of football than the SPFL, I read it on here so it must be true.

SirDavidsNapper
28-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Is that another player who turned us down who actually didn't?

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2017, 09:38 AM
30th of September he'll be coming to my local team! I'll keep an eye on his warm up and report back!

Find out who his favourite thickie is.

yonder1875
28-07-2017, 09:40 AM
It's a better standard of football than the SPFL, I read it on here so it must be true.

The English lower leagues are the best lower leagues in the world, heard that too.

jingler1954
28-07-2017, 09:41 AM
I'll start....

He's doing very well.
I had a love affair with Nenna

CMurdoch
28-07-2017, 09:55 AM
I had a love affair with Nenna

In the back of my Cortina

SlickShoes
28-07-2017, 09:57 AM

hahaha, no way is he worth 3k a week, no wonder hibs didn't keep him on if he was looking for that.

Souter96Mac
28-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Billericay, like a few other non league sides, have got decent investment coming through. South shields, who I go see a couple times, have Julio Arca on the books.

Lago
28-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Dodged a bullet there:greengrin

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Billericay, like a few other non league sides, have got decent investment coming through. South shields, who I go see a couple times, have Julio Arca on the books.

Billericay is now funded by a local steel millionaire (with links to Towie) and Mark Wright (Towie) is a Director. They have rebuilt the ground this summer and put in a 4G pitch. Spending on the ground is expected to hit £3.5 million. It makes Hertz look like a pub team.

heretoday
28-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Hello Billericay, farewell Easter Road,
And to hell with Dunfermline and Kilmarnock....

18Hibee75
28-07-2017, 11:02 AM
The Sun claims he's getting £3K a week there.I might be talking s**** but I'm sure I seen somewhere that Jamie O'Hara is on 10K a week there.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
28-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Not the sharpest way to spend the cash on bunch of has been's

BigT-Hibeez
28-07-2017, 11:53 AM

You bleeding thickie

hfc rd
28-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Joining in with their choir.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t48GzrhCyR4

So cringey! 😂

greenlex
28-07-2017, 12:01 PM
What a waste.

Lancs Harp
28-07-2017, 12:14 PM
I might be talking s**** but I'm sure I seen somewhere that Jamie O'Hara is on 10K a week there.

Yes you are :wink:

Their multi millionaire owner does pump some of his money into the club (the sun or the mirror reported last season it was to the tune of 10k a week) so unless OHara gets all that money and no else gets anything I'd say your pretty wide of the mark. As for Pennant I was surprised he turned up at Easter Road, hes 34 now and not done anything for a couple of seasons. Very much in the twilight of his career, no surprise to me he didnt get offered anything with us.

18Hibee75
28-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Yes you are :wink:

Their multi millionaire owner does pump some of his money into the club (the sun or the mirror reported last season it was to the tune of 10k a week) so unless OHara gets all that money and no else gets anything I'd say your pretty wide of the mark. As for Pennant I was surprised he turned up at Easter Road, hes 34 now and not done anything for a couple of seasons. Very much in the twilight of his career, no surprise to me he didnt get offered anything with us.Ah ok, thanks :oops must've read it wrong a while back.

TheHarpy76
28-07-2017, 12:20 PM
3 grand a week in Englands 7th tier?

Surely not.

If that's true then the 'ba is well and truly burst.

CyberSauzee
28-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Billericay is now funded by a local steel millionaire (with links to Towie) and Mark Wright (Towie) is a Director. They have rebuilt the ground this summer and put in a 4G pitch. Spending on the ground is expected to hit £3.5 million. It makes Hertz look like a pub team.

Yes, Glenn Tamplin, who's got a football pitch and 5 golf holes in his back garden.

After taking over back in the spring he took over as manager as well. If you own the team, why not?

3 grand a week in Englands 7th tier?

Surely not.

If that's true then the 'ba is well and truly burst.

Budget per week for the team is astronomical for this league. quotes ranging from £15k to £30 per week I've seen. Typically for the whole squad teams near the top of the league will be paying about £3k per week split across the playing squad. Tamplin has money to burn, he's seemingly put in bars at the 4 corners of the rebuilt ground with windows overlooking the pitch; however, if they get promoted to the Conference/National League, you can't have pitchside alcohol.

Another owner with more money then sense on an ego trip.

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Yes, Glenn Tamplin, who's got a football pitch and 5 golf holes in his back garden.

After taking over back in the spring he took over as manager as well. If you own the team, why not?

Budget per week for the team is astronomical for this league. quotes ranging from £15k to £30 per week I've seen. Typically for the whole squad teams near the top of the league will be paying about £3k per week split across the playing squad. Tamplin has money to burn, he's seemingly put in bars at the 4 corners of the rebuilt ground with windows overlooking the pitch; however, if they get promoted to the Conference/National League, you can't have pitchside alcohol.

Another owner with more money then sense on an ego trip.

I can confirm there are not bars on the 4 corners as they wouldn't fit. He has however done a lot without planning permission.

essexhibee
28-07-2017, 01:38 PM
He also has dubious links. I know this through a player of another non league team who went in for signing talks who plays in the league above. Was offered £600 a week for part time!!

It wont end pretty. See Hornchurch, Grays et al.

CyberSauzee
28-07-2017, 01:42 PM
I can confirm there are not bars on the 4 corners as they wouldn't fit. He has however done a lot without planning permission.

No probs, I got that from a director of a rival club. Although I gather there's been massive changes at the ground over the summer.

He has a habit of skirting the law, he got fined for illegally dumping waste in his 'back garden'. Basically he raised the level of his full size football pitch by over a metre that resulted in a local river getting polluted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fines-for-illegal-waste-site-operators

The Isthmian League and the FA obviously think he is a 'fit and proper person'.

I won't be surprised if it ends in tears.

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 01:46 PM
No probs, I got that from a director of a rival club. Although I gather there's been massive changes at the ground over the summer.

He has a habit of skirting the law, he got fined for illegally dumping waste in his 'back garden'. Basically he raised the level of his full size football pitch by over a metre that resulted in a local river getting polluted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fines-for-illegal-waste-site-operators

The Isthmian League and the FA obviously think he is a 'fit and proper person'.

I won't be surprised if it ends in tears.

You won't be the only one. However the ground looks superb now and a huge improvement on before. However Basildon Council wants to build new houses all over that land and he wants a new stadium. No wonder they will be on TV soon. He is a muppet but a very rich one.

The Pointer
28-07-2017, 04:21 PM
A seasoned up Hyena sort of guy should do well at Billericay.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2017, 05:19 PM
They will be wanting a refund as soon as they see him warm up.

Colr
28-07-2017, 05:47 PM

Did they pay more than us?

RedHibby
28-07-2017, 07:01 PM
The owner is very wealthy and his plan is to take Billericay Town to the football league. I believe every time they go up a league he will buy better players to get them promoted again. If you have the money I would imagine you could do this with any team.

You could look at our own club some wealthy guy buys it then spends forty or fifty million on the right players and you could almost guarantee champions league football every year.

Sergey
28-07-2017, 07:54 PM
A little bit of info garnered from my connections in the Pub League.

Hibs offered Pennant £1500 per week which he verbally agreed to. There was seemingly some add-on's that I'm not privy to.

Tamplin (BRTFC) offered £3k per week which will be paid 1 month in advance on a rolling contract. There is probably the odd brown envelope passing between both parties that cemented the deal.

I do know a bit more, but best not to post it on an open messageboard.

MKHIBEE
28-07-2017, 08:28 PM
What a waste.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

tynehibs
28-07-2017, 09:11 PM
I hate Billericay remind me of hertz nowt but erseholes ****** ****s an pricks

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 10:21 PM

Hibs offered Pennant £1500 per week which he verbally agreed to. There was seemingly some add-on's that I'm not privy to.

Tamplin (BRTFC) offered £3k per week which will be paid 1 month in advance on a rolling contract. There is probably the odd brown envelope passing between both parties that cemented the deal.

I thought Hibs offered nowt? Seems to be a lot of nose down here about the money and specifically a snub to Hibs. I don't trust Tamplin and although he has invested a fortune on the Town, I can't see it ending well. I may nip round to see them against the Super O's tomorrow.

hibbie02
28-07-2017, 10:24 PM
I hate Billericay remind me of hertz nowt but erseholes ****** ****s an pricks

No comparison with Hertz. Billericay Town are much classier. I judge that as an ex Gallowgate and Strawberry Mags fan.

Andy74
28-07-2017, 10:29 PM

Lennon said this about it:

“There’s nothing for Jermaine Pennant at the minute but we might review it later on.

“We were pleased with what he brought but we have prioritised other positions.”

Thecat23
28-07-2017, 10:36 PM
He's just simply not very good and I think Lennon was just being polite! He's finished and I'm delighted he's not part of this club.

jacomo
28-07-2017, 11:01 PM

If so then Jermain's agent has earned their commission.

Heisenberg
28-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Neil Lennon told the media we had launched him as other positions were a higher priority. I reckon this boy at whatever pub league outfit he's running has either been made a fool of by Pennant and his agent or he's trying to make the signing look more impressive by adding that they beat a much bigger team to his signature. Don't believe for a second we offered Pennant anything.

Colr
28-07-2017, 11:35 PM
No comparison with Hertz. Billericay Town are much classier. I judge that as an ex Gallowgate and Strawberry Mags fan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-JIzWFfsPk

O'Rourke3
28-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Billericky outbid Hibs already the go to fact on Brokeback :faf:. Think Neil's statement about a fortnight ago and Pennant's signing yesterday. Mind you they were never the best at arithmetic.....

Colr
14-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Piece in the Gaurniad

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/jermaine-pennant-interview-arsenal-liverpool-billericay-town

Hibbyradge
14-08-2017, 07:23 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/neil-lennon-drops-interest-in-winger-jermaine-pennant-1-4505167

Liberal Hibby
14-08-2017, 08:43 PM
This is a jolly good read (but perhaps not in front of the kids...)

https://thekingstonroadend.wordpress.com/2017/08/14/billericay-town-a/

CmoantheHibs
15-08-2017, 03:05 AM

Enjoyed that.Good read.

essexhibee
15-08-2017, 06:49 AM
Aye good read that and sums up my thoughts on the guy too. 3k supporters is laughable target. They will never have the fanbase round there to get those numbers.

jacomo
15-08-2017, 07:15 AM

Yup fine stuff.

Pennant has joined a joke set up here.

Niffy
15-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Holy molly, check the owners twitter and his team talk.
Even makes the team sing some really bad song.

The guys a pure idiot.

I'll need to watch this story unfold.

flash
15-08-2017, 08:35 AM
I heard him getting interviewed by Jim White who, needless to say, thought he was an absolute legend. He came across as an arrogant tosspot who knew nothing about football. The Billericay manager wasn't much better.
Am here all week.

Fisherrow Harp
15-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Enjoyed that.Good read.

As did I, was a good read indead.

Lancs Harp
15-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Tamplin needs to get his CV off to Queen Ann.

heretoday
15-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I heard him getting interviewed by Jim White who, needless to say, thought he was an absolute legend. He came across as an arrogant tosspot who knew nothing about football. The Billericay manager wasn't much better.
Am here all week.

I don't think Jim White was being entirely genuine!

Sergey
15-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Aye good read that and sums up my thoughts on the guy too. 3k supporters is laughable target. They will never have the fanbase round there to get those numbers.

I'm heading up to Lowestoft for their match tonight and will report back. After speaking to Gary Keyzor (Lowestoft Town Chairman) at the weekend down at Leatherhead, every team in this league is up for it and every one of their matches will have the making of a Cup Final about it. I'm fairly certain that I'll be entertained for my £10 tonight, more so if I stand behind the away dugout!

The NLP have stated that the wage bill is circa £30k per week. FWIW, that's a conservative estimate as it could easily be more.

I've absolutely no time for the club. Their previous owner, Steve Kent was another wrong-un as they were one of the sides that were instrumental in the match-fixing scandal that rocked the Ryman a few seasons ago (Chelmsford and Hornchurch were the other two). Coincidentally, it was a home match against Lowestoft that triggered the initial investigation.

CyberSauzee
15-08-2017, 05:53 PM
:rolleyes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/billericay-town-lions-dressing-room-10992343

Niffy
15-08-2017, 08:24 PM
JP playing in front of a crowd of 603 tonight.

flash
15-08-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't think Jim White was being entirely genuine!

Nothing new there. Jim White is a prize plum

Sergey
16-08-2017, 12:43 AM
JP playing in front of a crowd of 603 tonight.

I was one of the 603 and Pennant is as good as finished as a player, certainly on tonight's performance.

I'll admit he has a decent first touch and can pick a pass, but he's very little pace left in his legs and he would struggle with the pace of the Scottish game.

If as reported he's on £3k per week, then his agent has played a blinder.

jacomo
16-08-2017, 10:33 AM
I was one of the 603 and Pennant is as good as finished as a player, certainly on tonight's performance.

I'll admit he has a decent first touch and can pick a pass, but he's very little pace left in his legs and he would struggle with the pace of the Scottish game.

If as reported he's on £3k per week, then his agent has played a blinder.

How do you think this Billericay 'project' will play out?

Looks like an inevitable car crash to me.

CapitalGreen
16-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Subbed off at half time in a 3-1 defeat to the mighty Leatherhead in the FA cup tonight.

Bullet dodged.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Subbed off at half time in a 3-1 defeat to the mighty Leatherhead in the FA cup tonight.

Bullet dodged.

“Better dead than Leatherhead” as they used to say in my first company down south ;)

essexhibee
16-11-2017, 09:04 PM
He was pish. Said the same on the PM board I am as proud an Essex man as they come but that was lovely seeing Billericay getting it handed to them :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
16-11-2017, 09:29 PM
I was very concerned when we had him on trial. Thank God we didn't sign him.