PDA

View Full Version : Cummings transfer - was it a free?

JohnMcM
27-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Sky Sports transfer news has Cummings as a free to Nottingham Forest. Surely that can't be correct?

Diclonius
27-07-2017, 03:06 PM
It'll be an error - the reported price keeps going down.

Next month the press will be reporting we paid Forest to take Cummings!

JohnMcM
27-07-2017, 04:07 PM
It'll be an error - the reported price keeps going down.

Next month the press will be reporting we paid Forest to take Cummings!

:shocked:

green day
27-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Sky Sports transfer news has Cummings as a free to Nottingham Forest. Surely that can't be correct?

Not being cheeky but was it not obvious that Sky made a mistake.

You think its worth debating if we got rid of our - under contract - top scorer on a free?

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Anywhere between Free and £2.2m

PatHead
27-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Cost us £2.2 million to get rid of that .........

SunshineOnLeith
27-07-2017, 04:27 PM
We paid them 150k. FACT.

offshorehibby
27-07-2017, 05:12 PM
I heard we got a magic hat for him.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Forest paid his bus fare to Nottingham but nothing more.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-07-2017, 05:16 PM

Hmmmmm, you're forgetting the European adaptor

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 05:17 PM

They threw in a free travel adapter though.

FACT

wpj
27-07-2017, 05:23 PM

Minus 2 quid on the mega bus I heard, cheaper than the national express! Bargain........

HibsNutter
27-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Nobody knows what the fee is, although it doesn't appear to have been a big one. We let our main source of goals leave for a seemingly bad deal, when he wasn't agitating for a move and we didn't have a certain replacement lined up - as we are still trying to persuade Stokes with a week to go until the season starts. It doesn't make sense.

Michael
27-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Free + £1m postage and packaging.

Onceinawhile
27-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Nobody knows what the fee is, although it doesn't appear to have been a big one. We let our main source of goals leave for a seemingly bad deal, when he wasn't agitating for a move and we didn't have a certain replacement lined up - as we are still trying to persuade Stokes with a week to go until the season starts. It doesn't make sense.

He might not have been agitating for a move, but he wanted out and we signed Simon Murray almost straight away.

FRes Hibbie
27-07-2017, 05:53 PM

Nobody knows what the fee is........but it was a bad deal and he wasn't agitating for a move? :hilarious

ColinNish
27-07-2017, 05:56 PM

Did we really? 🤔

Mick O'Rourke
27-07-2017, 05:57 PM
We got a sizable fee for Jason.(whatever it was)
Plus a magic hat;-)

Hertz and Hutchie Vale got a few quid too

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Nobody knows what the fee is, although it doesn't appear to have been a big one. We let our main source of goals leave for a seemingly bad deal, when he wasn't agitating for a move and we didn't have a certain replacement lined up - as we are still trying to persuade Stokes with a week to go until the season starts. It doesn't make sense.It makes sense if he did actually want to leave and told Hibs privately.

emerald green
27-07-2017, 06:04 PM

No, it's total bollox. Sky Sports - what are they like eh? :rolleyes:

Ferry green
27-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Fee not as high as has been eluded to on here... quite a bit below in fact. But the result of the sell on agreement will be huge for Hibs if he moves onwards and upwards after N Forrest

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Fee not as high as has been eluded to on here... quite a bit below in fact. But the result of the sell on agreement will be huge for Hibs if he moves onwards and upwards after N Forrest

Source?

Bostonhibby
27-07-2017, 06:16 PM
3 different forest fans I've met down here at separate times all say £1.8m with a sell on clause. Make of that what you will.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

therealgavmac
27-07-2017, 06:39 PM
3 different forest fans I've met down here at separate times all say £1.8m with a sell on clause. Make of that what you will.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oAQOvOEXY

JimboHibs
27-07-2017, 06:43 PM

Nobody knows although it doesn't appear to have been a big one.

So if nobody knows how doesn't it appear to have been a big one ?

JohnMcM
27-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Not being cheeky but was it not obvious that Sky made a mistake.

You think its worth debating if we got rid of our - under contract - top scorer on a free?

Not being privy to inside deals Green Day, I had no intention of debating the point. I was only asking a question.

Hibernian peace be upon you my green brother/sister. :wink:

Bostonhibby
27-07-2017, 06:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oAQOvOEXY

:greengrin very good :aok:

Even if we only got the hat, its still more than the yams let him go for, and we got all the goals.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 06:49 PM

Jeez you need some joy in your life, we have moved on made plenty of signings, the goals are flowing and there's still time.

Is It On....
27-07-2017, 08:02 PM
We got a sizable fee for Jason.(whatever it was)
Plus a magic hat;-)

Hertz and Hutchie Vale got a few quid too

Hope Hutchie Vale got more than Hearts..

where'stheslope
27-07-2017, 08:05 PM
As I said on another thread, its not until the audit for the year is done and dusted, we will then get factual figures.

Remember, if we said we got £2 million then any player we then try to go for, the other team will bump up the price for their player knowing we have the money!

So, its better to have transfers as undisclosed, as it keep the money in our club not bolstering others!!!!

madabouthibs
27-07-2017, 08:44 PM
JC signed an extension to his contract, I'd say there's a good chance there was clauses within that would enable him to talk to other clubs if a pre-agreed offer was made. Perhaps Hibs agreed to this being a relatively meagre amount? Maybe 0.5 or 0.75 million, for example?
Mean't that we kept him for at least another season, and we got something back for him if he did leave. Therefore it worked out for both parties. 😁
Just maybe though.......

SunshineOnLeith
27-07-2017, 08:48 PM
As I said on another thread, its not until the audit for the year is done and dusted, we will then get factual figures.

No we won't.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Free + £1m postage and packaging.

That's how you avoid paying a fee on eBay

Smart stuff

mjhibby
28-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Remember, if we said we got £2 million then any player we then try to go for, the other team will bump up the price for their player knowing we have the money!

So, its better to have transfers as undisclosed, as it keep the money in our club not bolstering others!!!!

I remember Alex miller talking about the Keith Wright transfer and saying every selling club overstates the price they get and every buying club underestimates the price they paid. The fact we we were willing to pay fees for berry paid a fee for our new Lithuanian midfielder and are offering stokes a very substantial deal suggests hibs got a substantial amount for Cummings. I have been told it's £1m up front rising to £1.5m plus other add ons by a pretty damn good source. Like everybody else it will be probably next years accounts till we see the actual figure. It's all irrelevant ad we are still paying fees for players and attempting to spend a lot on stokesy. I'm sure some on here will use anything to beat up the club. Sad really.