PDA

View Full Version : Goals, we've had a few...

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Been reading complaints from Fans of both Hearts and The Rangers about their lack of goal scoring in pre-season, LC, etc and thought how different that is compared to us so far.

Our current record is Played 6, Scored 18, Conceded 3*

I realise we've only played on Premier League team, which was a scoreless draw in normal time, but we've also played Sunderland and scored two against them.

Considering we're still looking to add one striker, I'd say it bodes quite well for the season ahead.

* Actually, our defence seems quite solid as well.

Souter96Mac
27-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Especially with goals coming from all over the park. Early doors but looks promising

nonshinyfinish
27-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Porteous for the golden boot, nap.

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Nice to see the goals spread throughout the team a bit too which I think bodes well for the season. For last 3 years we were far too reliant on JC and the rest of team hardly contributing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
27-07-2017, 12:05 PM
If you have a solid midfield and defence, it is entirely possible to make do without recognised strikers. Barcelona from a few years ago are a prime example... not that I'm suggesting... :greengrin

H18 SFR
27-07-2017, 12:45 PM
If you have a solid midfield and defence, it is entirely possible to make do without recognised strikers. Barcelona from a few years ago are a prime example... not that I'm suggesting... :greengrin

Right Craig Levein, away back to Kickback lol.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 01:00 PM

4-6-0?

:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
27-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Goals are always good but putting it in perspective St Johnstone hammered Sunderland 3-0. We badly need another striker in as was shown against a decent Premiership side in County.

18Hibee75
27-07-2017, 04:01 PM
W

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
27-07-2017, 04:05 PM
What's more promising for me is where these goals are coming from. We've got Murray who scored a hat trick in his previous game and is looking to be a very decent signing. Then we've got Boyle, McGinn, Swanson, shaw who we would all expect to get some goals this season and have all scored during our pre season campaign. We've also got Big Dave and hopefully stokes to come.

Dangerous to take pre season form too seriously, but it's looking good.

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Promising start to the season but we need another striker whether that be Stokes or not. Simon Murray has proved the doubters wrong so far though. Surely must start v Patrick Th regardless of who we bring in.

Jack Hackett
27-07-2017, 04:37 PM

Busted! :hide:

I try to keep my admiration for the great tactician under wraps, but occasionally it just slips out... as does my admiration for CL :greengrin

Levain's problem with the 0-4-6 was that not one of his squad would have made even the Barca bench. How's the saying go? You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear... didn't help that he is clueless either

Souter96Mac
27-07-2017, 06:13 PM
What's more promising for me is where these goals are coming from. We've got Murray who scored a hat trick in his previous game and is looking to be a very decent signing. Then we've got Boyle, McGinn, Swanson, shaw who we would all expect to get some goals this season and have all scored during our pre season campaign. We've also got Big Dave and hopefully stokes to come.

Dangerous to take pre season form too seriously, but it's looking good.

Agree with this. But it is pleasing that we're beating lower league sides comfortably compared to certain others