PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson interview - Monday Night Fitba

CL0762
26-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Hi folks,

Last Thursday we had Kevin Thomson in the studio and interviewed him about his career, focusing mainly on his 3 spells at Hibs.

Kevin goes in depth about his injury issues, his love for the club and many other topics.

The interview will be airing live tonight on Radio saltire at 10pm and you can listen at www.radiosaltire.co.uk or alternatively download the Radio Saltire app from your App Store.

The podcast version will be up tomorrow morning on podbean and iTunes.

I will add a link in the morning.

As always thanks for your continued support and we have a lot more lined up Hibs wise for the coming weeks and months.

Cheers,
Craig

CL0762
27-07-2017, 09:52 AM
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fmondayni ghtfitba.podbean.com%2Fe%2Fmnf-kevin-thomson%2F

iTunes link for Kevin's interview

http://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2xktg-6d71a0

Podbean link

Frazerbob
27-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Listening to this now. Great insight into the club. What difference to the usual half hour interviews you get. To get over 2 hours lets you delve deeper. The devil is in the detail for sure. 10/10

Billy Whizz
27-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Will listen to this tonight
Thanks

KWJ
27-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Nice one guys, look forward to this as I really enjoyed interview with Michael Stewart.

Fair play to these guys too for agreeing to do it and going beyond the standard football cliches.

I was about to ask if you'd look at getting Tam McManus next but I've a hazy memory of an in depth telephone interview when he retired - was that through MNF?

yerauldda
27-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Absolutely brilliant interview. The best so far. Great questions too, top work gents.

CL0762
27-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Nice one guys, look forward to this as I really enjoyed interview with Michael Stewart.

Fair play to these guys too for agreeing to do it and going beyond the standard football cliches.

I was about to ask if you'd look at getting Tam McManus next but I've a hazy memory of an in depth telephone interview when he retired - was that through MNF?

Aye KT was very open and honest, I think it's easier when they retire because they're not likely to be possible teammates of players they might not have nice words to say about.

I think Tam was at the very start of the show before my involvement however it is something we will look to revisit if there's an appetite for it.

Will listen to this tonight
Thanks

Cheers Billy, let us know what you think!

Listening to this now. Great insight into the club. What difference to the usual half hour interviews you get. To get over 2 hours lets you delve deeper. The devil is in the detail for sure. 10/10

Yeah definitely, I think the fact we make it clear we have no hidden agenda, we're not looking for sensational scoops, just to know how our clubs tick and the players that make it happen. We're just fans who want to speak to boyhood heroes/significant figures from our clubs at key points in our history.

CL0762
27-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Absolutely brilliant interview. The best so far. Great questions too, top work gents.

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it.

Billychaotic182
27-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Another great interview. This and the Stewart interviews give you a real insight to the club. Honestly guys cracking interviews. Definitely glad you are all back doing the podcast/radio show. Would love to hear Garry and Deek on the show.

CL0762
27-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Another great interview. This and the Stewart interviews give you a real insight to the club. Honestly guys cracking interviews. Definitely glad you are all back doing the podcast/radio show. Would love to hear Garry and Deek on the show.

Cheers Billy 👍🏼

Firestarter
27-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Fantastic podcast Craig and Thomson talks a good game (as such).

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Have you listened to Mikey Stewarts? Fantastic.Monday Night Fitba - Michael Stewart 25/12/14 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AMQq6BBHso)

green day
27-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Great interview - am on holiday in France and listened frying myself at the pool :greengrin

KT is a great interviewee, very honest (including about his mistakes). I really like him and can see him as a future manager.

You guys do a great job, keep it up !

CL0762
27-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Fantastic podcast Craig and Thomson talks a good game (as such).

Kevin was excellent, it helps in the regards that he knows what he's talking about and is able to communicate that in such a clear and articulate way.

Great interview - am on holiday in France and listened frying myself at the pool :greengrin

KT is a great interviewee, very honest (including about his mistakes). I really like him and can see him as a future manager.

You guys do a great job, keep it up !

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback.

green day
27-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback.

Another bit of feedback, not on the KT interview - the podcasts since you guys have returned have been great.

I look forward to these shows every week - pretty much the polar opposite of any of the Old Firm pish that comes out the BBC.

While we like to have a pop at the jambos on here, it is refreshing to hear you and your mates talk up Edinburgh football in such a professional manner.

70KevinHFC62
27-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Cracking interview and the last few shows have been great as well.

Is there any more interviews planned for the year? If so would be good to maybe get questions into the guest from us punters too! Not saying you guys don't do that job maybe something along the lines of one/two word answers along the lines of soccer am team mates

CL0762
27-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Cracking interview and the last few shows have been great as well.

Is there any more interviews planned for the year? If so would be good to maybe get questions into the guest from us punters too! Not saying you guys don't do that job maybe something along the lines of one/two word answers along the lines of soccer am team mates

We've got things in the pipeline mate but nothing too concrete at the moment.

We're looking at different ways of doing things just now, when we done interviews before we canvassed a lot of questions and found that it was similar to what we'd ask anyway.

We're doing a best XI with the guests as well with the signed team sheet being able to be won by a supporter.

The soccer AM teammates feature may well be something we do as video content further down the line.

Dunfyhibee
28-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Been really enjoying the podcast recently and this is a great interview. Had actually half forgot the impact KT made on the 2-2 game at tynie. Loved hearing about him advising mcgeouch in the build up to the final an other wee details like that. Keep up the good work MNF

woodythehibee
28-07-2017, 11:31 AM
KT interview was superb. A great insight. Love how long and in depth it was.

Looking forward to more Hibby ones.

DarlingtonHibee
28-07-2017, 11:33 AM
I'm a bit of a technical dinasour, can someone post a link for an android phone please.

JeMeSouviens
28-07-2017, 11:52 AM
I'm a bit of a technical dinasour, can someone post a link for an android phone please.

Try this - https://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/e/mnf-kevin-thomson/

DarlingtonHibee
28-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Cheers!

micka_weer
28-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Really enjoyed this. Been great to have the podcast back as I missed it while you were on a hiatus!
Well done and keep up the good work 👍🏼

KanyeWestLower
28-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Listened to this at work today,really enjoyed it.

Iceman1875
29-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Listened to this on the beach in Malaga. Fantastic interview with real honesty and views of KT.

Great questions poised to Kev, well done all!

FWIW, id love to see KT return as manager one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CL0762
29-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all your feedback, it is genuinely welcomed and makes us want to strive to keep delivering that high quality content.

Might be a bit different when I do my first interview though 😂

There's a competition running on our Facebook (search for Monday Night Fitba) and on Twitter @MNFitba to win Kevin's signed Hibs XI.

Really appreciate all the positive comments, even Sam isn't sure how to take it!

Cheers,
Craig

KWJ
29-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Listened last night - great interview guys well done. You allowed him to talk away and he was clearly very comfortable and happy to talk so gave us a great insight.

Didn't know about a lot of the things he spoke of.

Resubscribed :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
30-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Listened last night, great insight to his career, and his interactions with managers and players
Said he was offered a coaching job recently. Was it raith Rovers by any chance?

bigwheel
30-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Thanks for sharing this - top notch interview with both interview and Thomson doing a great job - very good insight into his Career...especially
As the largely skipped over his time with the Huns [emoji2][emoji2]

McD
30-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Excellent interview, whilst Kevin spoke very candidly (well done him btw, would have been easy to talk in cliches and platitudes but came across very honestly, about his own actions and others :aok:), you did a great job of keeping the conversation moving in a very relaxed, sensible and easy to listen to way.

Great job all round :top marks