PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Sales and feel-good factor

BegbieHSC
26-07-2017, 12:35 PM
If anyone fancies a joyous sight, have a look over at the dot-count for our season tickets.

It's absolute joy to behold! Looking like we might hit 13k by the time we play Partick.

Feel like the feel-good factor is well and truly back, after waning a bit at the start of the transfer window.

Sean1875
26-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Definitely, the change from a couple of weeks ago when folk were panicking about signings is night and day - can definitely see a boost in ST sales, and even more so if/when Stokesy signs! Very exciting time to be a Hibee :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Signing Players from the likes of Juve shows our ambition for the season ahead and hopefully getting Stokesy through the door plus maybe a couple more can surely only increase season ticket sales.

hibeedonald
26-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Surely if someone just buys a ticket for say the Partick game or the Derby, then that seat can't be bought as a season ticket anymore?

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Surely if someone just buys a ticket for say the Partick game or the Derby, then that seat can't be bought as a season ticket anymore?

Yes, that's correct. I've bought tix for the midweek derby and Huns games and those seats don't show on the ST planner.

Lee Marvin
26-07-2017, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Castle1875;5115308]If anyone fancies a joyous sight, have a look over at the dot-count for our season tickets.

It's absolute joy to behold! Looking like we might hit 13k by the time we play Partick.

Feel like the feel-good factor is well and truly back, after waning a bit at the start of the transfer window.[/Qs UOTE]

You are right, hundreds sold since I last looked about a week ago. Definitely thibk we will hit 13k now!

Does anyone know if the kicks for kids season tickets have been purchased yet?

Edit; just noticed above post. This will have had an effect for sure. Excitement over!!

BlackSheep
26-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Seems like a bit of a mistake selling all home games tickets this early..... If some seats have only been purchased for a handful of games and are now unavailable as STs... definitely will put some folk off buying a ST.

Keith_M
26-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Seems like a bit of a mistake selling all home games tickets this early..... If some seats have only been purchased for a handful of games and are now unavailable as STs... definitely will put some folk off buying a ST.

It is a strange one, yeah.

Lancs Harp
26-07-2017, 02:01 PM

I think very few season tickets will be sold from now. The next bump will be Christmas with half season tickets.

StevieT
26-07-2017, 02:24 PM
I think very few season tickets will be sold from now. The next bump will be Christmas with half season tickets.

Unless we decide to put a load of Cat B tickets for sale in the away stand. In this way people could still buy a season ticket AND tickets for the derby etc in the home stands

HibsNutter
26-07-2017, 02:25 PM

Folk have had months to get season tickets and the club obviously now don't anticipate that we are going to sell many more. Putting tickets on sale in advance will allow people who are travelling here for a game to plan ahead.

Garymcl
26-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Just back from ticket office at lunch time quite a few people in front of me buying tickets for Partick game on the 5th Aug Gonna be very busy for the opener :greengrin

Hibby70
26-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Derby tickets will go quickly as well I reckon. Could be a sellout before Sept!

MB62
26-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Just back from ticket office at lunch time quite a few people in front of me buying tickets for Partick game on the 5th Aug Gonna be very busy for the opener :greengrin

Going to be a few of us having to miss the game due to the bowling. Edinburgh cup final between the Northern v Craigentinny @ the Queensberry on the same day so a few S.T holders et al will miss the seasons opener.

GGTTN 😁

SChibs
26-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Going to be a few of us having to miss the game due to the bowling. Edinburgh cup final between the Northern v Craigentinny @ the Queensberry on the same day so a few S.T holders et al will miss the seasons opener.

GGTTN 😁

Contact the ticket office nearer the time to release your seat in case it's a sell out

jacomo
26-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Definitely, the change from a couple of weeks ago when folk were panicking about signings is night and day - can definitely see a boost in ST sales, and even more so if/when Stokesy signs! Very exciting time to be a Hibee :aok:

The bed wetters need to change their ways.

This is a different club to the one that got relegated.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 07:47 PM

Excuse me for bringing down the feelgood attitude on this thread but that's got to be nuts.

I understand the majority of people who intend to buy a season ticket will now already have one but selling tickets for one off games which are three or four months in advance, therefore making that particular seat unavailable to any other prospective season ticket purchasers is not a good financial plan in my opinion.

hfc rd
26-07-2017, 07:53 PM

GGTTN 😁

Let the ticket office know so they can release your seats for general sale for the Partick match

Green Badger
26-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Excuse me for bringing down the feelgood attitude on this thread but that's got to be nuts.

I understand the majority of people who intend to buy a season ticket will now already have one but selling tickets for one off games which are three or four months in advance, therefore making that particular seat unavailable to any other prospective season ticket purchasers is not a good financial plan in my opinion.

You are correct if those seats did ultimately end up sold as a ST. However, if not then getting tickets sold in advance is good revenue for the club. If demand remains high they will be made available as half season tickets.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 08:05 PM
You are correct if those seats did ultimately end up sold as a ST. However, if not then getting tickets sold in advance is good revenue for the club. If demand remains high they will be made available as half season tickets.

They're selling tickets for home games right up until March so presumably any tickets sold for these matches would mean that half season tickets couldn't be sold for these seats either.

matty_f
26-07-2017, 08:23 PM

They can still sell as a season ticket seat, the season ticket purchaser will just get a different seat for that game.

Arch Stanton
26-07-2017, 08:24 PM

The benefit to the club of STs comes from getting cash early - discounting the match cost for ST purchasers is therefore a win-win for fans and club.

However, STs that are sold late on do not give the club as much, or possibly any, benefit. Could well make more financial sense if these seats are not discounted.

Gmack7
26-07-2017, 08:31 PM
They can still sell as a season ticket seat, the season ticket purchaser will just get a different seat for that game.

Correct, and may find themselves in the posh seats for that game. Win Win

beensaidbefore
26-07-2017, 08:32 PM

It could be a better option to approach the original seat purchaser and kindly ask them to move. Some kind of gesture like £5 off another match might encourage them to move, and encourage them to attend another game.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 08:35 PM

How is it decided what seat they will be allocated for that one match and is the person told at the point of purchase that they won't be able to sit in their chosen seat for the whole season?

I'm not sure I would be happy if I bought a season ticket before the start of the season and got told that I had to sit in an inferior seat for a big game, just because someone has bought a ticket for that one match months in advance.

matty_f
26-07-2017, 08:55 PM
How is it decided what seat they will be allocated for that one match and is the person told at the point of purchase that they won't be able to sit in their chosen seat for the whole season?

I'm not sure I would be happy if I bought a season ticket before the start of the season and got told that I had to sit in an inferior seat for a big game, just because someone has bought a ticket for that one match months in advance.

They'd tell you up front and you can presumably pick an alternative seat.

Unless you're like a five year old, I'm sure you'd get over it.

cammy1969
26-07-2017, 08:59 PM

If I where the club I would have informed the fan buy a ticket for a game in the future that they may have to move to another seat if said seat was purchased for a season ticket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 09:04 PM

I'm sure you would get over it as well. That wasn't quite what I was getting at though.

You've clarified my answer about it being declared up front though so cheers.

matty_f
26-07-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm sure you would get over it as well. That wasn't quite what I was getting at though.

You've clarified my answer about it being declared up front though so cheers.
I'm not sure if it is actually the case that you'd be told up front, I just think that's the easiest way to approach it. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm not sure if it is actually the case that you'd be told up front, I just think that's the easiest way to approach it. :greengrin

I'd like to think that's how it would work.

I think it would be logical to assume that if you buy a certain season ticket seat, you'll have that seat for the full season. There could be issues if two people turn up to sit in the same seat without any prior warning.

hfc rd
26-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Good to maybe have a fans rep on here to clarify this situation. As many have said, their will be folk that have bought tickets in advance right now for the Partick game, Edinburgh Derby, Sevco etc but what happens if a supporter purchases that specific seat as a ST.

Brooster
27-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Good to maybe have a fans rep on here to clarify this situation. As many have said, their will be folk that have bought tickets in advance right now for the Partick game, Edinburgh Derby, Sevco etc but what happens if a supporter purchases that specific seat as a ST.

I would think they would need to sit in another seat for those games.

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 06:11 AM
That's the point that was made earlier.

If someone has bought a ticket for the Partick game then that seat won't be available to purchase as a season ticket.

I think the club have got this right.

Non ST holders can in effect purchase the same seat for as many games as they like through to the end of the season, that's got to be a positive thing.

If you still want a ST then pick from the seats that are available, if you don't like any of them then simply buy individual tickets for the seat you do want for the games you want to see.

Club gets cash up front and everyone gets the seat they want.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 06:14 AM

If someone has bought a ticket for the Partick game then that seat won't be available to purchase as a season ticket.

Non ST holders can in effect purchase the same seat for as many games as they like through to the end of the season, that's got to be a positive thing.

If you still want a ST then pick from the seats that are available, if you don't like any of them then simply buy individual tickets for the seat you do want for the games you want to see.

Exactly there is no real issue here, club have it spot on.

GreenLake
27-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Signing Players from the likes of Juve shows our ambition for the season ahead and hopefully getting Stokesy through the door plus maybe a couple more can surely only increase season ticket sales.

I was thinking that earlier today but then I went to see Man City and remembered a guy called McGivern.

Baw187
27-07-2017, 07:26 AM

[emoji1303]

Exactly.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Then how do you book a seat for a Season Ticket that's already been sold for an individual game? When you go online, these seats aren't available for sale in the ST section.

This is a genuine question as I'm looking to buy a Season Ticket next to my Dad but it's now blocked out, as it's sold for the Partick game.

In fact, it's not easy to tell if seats are unavailable because they've been sold as Season Tickets or if just for one match (so potentially available as STs).

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2017, 08:22 AM
I would think they would need to sit in another seat for those games.

That's my take on it too, although i could be wrong so dont quote me? :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Then how do you book a seat for a Season Ticket that's already been sold for an individual game? When you go online, these seats aren't available for sale in the ST section.

This is a genuine question as I'm looking to buy a Season Ticket next to my Dad but it's now blocked out, as it's sold for the Partick game.

In fact, it's not easy to tell if seats are unavailable because they've been sold as Season Tickets or if just for one match (so potentially available as STs).

If you go into the ticket office you will be able to buy the seat next to your dad as a ST but tou won't be able to use it for the Patrick game if it's already been sold, or any others that may have already been sold.

Alternatively just buy that seat for every other game up to the end of the season if you like.

I did the same for my dad last year and managed to get him the ST this year in that seat.

Ticket office will see you alright :)

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 10:09 AM
If you go into the ticket office you will be able to buy the seat next to your dad as a ST but tou won't be able to use it for the Patrick game if it's already been sold, or any others that may have already been sold.

Alternatively just buy that seat for every other game up to the end of the season if you like.

I did the same for my dad last year and managed to get him the ST this year in that seat.

Ticket office will see you alright :)

I'll give it a try, cheers

:aok:

Since90+2
27-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Hopefully we will get an update prior to the Partick game from the club with the number we have sold.

I reckon it will be a few hundred short of 13,000.

Crazyhorse
27-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Hopefully we will get an update prior to the Partick game from the club with the number we have sold.

I reckon it will be a few hundred short of 13,000.

Don't want to change the subject but this is related has Franksuzy got any news from the club regarding season tickets yet?

GreenCastle
27-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Hibs v Hearts tickets no longer available online?

Was wanting to buy some for friend who was visiting..

Anyone know why it's been taken off the system ?

SirDavidsNapper
27-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Don't want to change the subject but this is related has Franksuzy got any news from the club regarding season tickets yet?

Sure she said club would give them a max of 200 tickets and they had enough for that. Don't quote me though.

Monts
27-07-2017, 02:28 PM
That's my take on it too, although i could be wrong so dont quote me? :greengrin

Oops

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Hibs v Hearts tickets no longer available online?

Was wanting to buy some for friend who was visiting..

Anyone know why it's been taken off the system ?

Home games against Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee & Celtc appear to be sold out (going by the information on the ticket site).

That surely can't be the case??

GreenCastle
27-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Home games against Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee & Celtc appear to be sold out (going by the information on the ticket site).

That surely can't be the case??

I checked yesterday and still tickets available.

Maybe Cat A games been taken off ?

oneone73
27-07-2017, 02:45 PM
I checked yesterday and still tickets available.

Maybe Cat A games been taken off ?

Wouldn't explain Dundee, though?

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Games being moved for tv??

Sean1875
27-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Games being moved for tv??

The Hearts games already been confirmed as moved for TV though.. does seem a bit strange!

Wonder if it to do with the point people have raised about people not being able to get season tickets in the seats people have chosen for one off games..? As they're bigger games then they're obviously more likely to get more walk ups!

SRHibs
27-07-2017, 07:05 PM
The Hearts games already been confirmed as moved for TV though.. does seem a bit strange!

Wonder if it to do with the point people have raised about people not being able to get season tickets in the seats people have chosen for one off games..? As they're bigger games then they're obviously more likely to get more walk ups!

Yeah, this has happened to me. There was a problem buying my seat first time round, and it for some reason locked the seat so no-one could purchase it. Was told they'd ring me/email me when it was released when I tried to repurchase it a couple of times. Never heard anything though, and when I eventually managed to buy my ST they had already sold the seat for 3 of the games this season. Pretty annoying.

connerg
27-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Yeah, this has happened to me. There was a problem buying my seat first time round, and it for some reason locked the seat so no-one could purchase it. Was told they'd ring me/email me when it was released when I tried to repurchase it a couple of times. Never heard anything though, and when I eventually managed to buy my ST they had already sold the seat for 3 of the games this season. Pretty annoying.

Did they subract the price of those three games from the cost of your S/T?

SRHibs
27-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Did they subract the price of those three games from the cost of your S/T?

Na, they're sending me paper tickets for the 3 - seats as close to my ST seat as possible, so hopefully I'm not too far way from my bro.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Na, they're sending me paper tickets for the 3 - seats as close to my ST seat as possible, so hopefully I'm not too far way from my bro.

Think I would be sitting in my own seat and directing whoever turns up to the alternative seats.

connerg
27-07-2017, 07:48 PM

That's all well and good but one of the advantages of buying a season ticket is you can sit in the same seat every home game.

It's a tricky situation for Hibs, do they turn fan's away in the hope someone buys a s/t for that seat (not your seat) or do they take the cash.

BSEJVT
27-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Think I would be sitting in my own seat and directing whoever turns up to the alternative seats.

Why, Its not their fault?

They bought the tickets in good faith?

If I had bought them I wouldn't be moving

Not because I wanted to be an arse but because I knew I had the right to sit in that seat but wouldn't know the situation in any other.

There is probably a good reason why they purchased that specific seat also

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 08:00 PM

There lies the exact problem I was alluding to last night.

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone in having this approach but both people have a legitimate claim to sit in that seat so someone would need to have the casting vote on who sits where.

If Hibs decide that it's the season ticket holder who needs to move for that one match then I'm not sure you would be able to do as you suggest, even although I totally sympathise with that approach.

CallumHibs07
27-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Is a single student season ticket in the FF lower £85? In the link below it says "The Famous Five Lower is the home of our family section. The discounted prices highlighted in the table above are only available for groups including children or youth season ticket holders."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/season

Does this mean it would only be £85 if I'm in a group?

Billy Whizz
27-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Is a single student season ticket in the FF lower £85? In the link below it says "The Famous Five Lower is the home of our family section. The discounted prices highlighted in the table above are only available for groups including children or youth season ticket holders."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/season

Does this mean it would only be £85 if I'm in a group?

Usually you need an adult payer in the group, at least for Kids tickets you do

CallumHibs07
27-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Usually you need an adult payer in the group, at least for Kids tickets you do

Looks like it, won't let me pay unless I add an adult in.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Why, Its not their fault?

They bought the tickets in good faith?

If I had bought them I wouldn't be moving

Not because I wanted to be an arse but because I knew I had the right to sit in that seat but wouldn't know the situation in any other.

There is probably a good reason why they purchased that specific seat also

I didn't say it was their fault?

Get there early sit in your ST seat, when they arrive show them your ST card explain the issue and give them the other tickets, problem solved and you're next to your brother with no hassle.....perfect. If they object you're stuffed. It's just an idea,I'm not suggesting being aggressive over it.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 09:10 PM

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone in having this approach but both people have a legitimate claim to sit in that seat so someone would need to have the casting vote on who sits where.

If Hibs decide that it's the season ticket holder who needs to move for that one match then I'm not sure you would be able to do as you suggest, even although I totally sympathise with that approach.

Pretty sure you could come to arrangement if the seats are close and you want to sit next to relative etc. I'm not suggesting being aggressive with the other ticket holder. Just get there early and explain when they arrive, giving them the other seat tickets. I would happily oblige in such a situation for a ST holder.

Super_JMcGinn
27-07-2017, 09:48 PM

Tthere's a lot of bored people on this thread making up all kinds of scenarios for what reason I don't know, it's not difficult. Both people DO NOT have a claim to the seat, the person buying the season ticket will have been explained the circunstances for the games where tickets have been sold for that game.

The only person entitled to sit in that seat is the person who bought the ticket first.Going up to or sitting in that persons seat beforehand will only end up making the season ticket holder looking a bit silly.

Super_JMcGinn
27-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Pretty sure you could come to arrangement if the seats are close and you want to sit next to relative etc. I'm not suggesting being aggressive with the other ticket holder. Just get there early and explain when they arrive, giving them the other seat tickets. I would happily oblige in such a situation for a ST holder.

And if said ticket was in say the end aisles of the east? sure you would.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Tthere's a lot of bored people on this thread making up all kinds of scenarios for what reason I don't know, it's not difficult. Both people DO NOT have a claim to the seat, the person buying the season ticket will have been explained the circunstances for the games where tickets have been sold for that game.

The only person entitled to sit in that seat is the person who bought the ticket first.Going up to or sitting in that persons seat beforehand will only end up making the season ticket holder looking a bit silly.

So one person purchases a one off ticket for a seat for a single match and another person purchases a season ticket for the same seat for the entire season and you don't think they both have a claim on that seat?

If it's explained to you before you purchase your season ticket that you will have to move seats for a certain amount of games due to that seat already being taken by a walk up fan and you still decide to buy your season ticket there then that's fair enough. I don't think anyone actually knows for certain though.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=Super_JMcGinn;5117176]And if said ticket was in say the end aisles of the east?

It's already been explained about the proximity to the original seat.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 10:10 PM

We're not bored, we just having a good discussion, if you don't like it leave the thread alone!

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 10:25 PM
I don't see how the problem that you guys are discussing can arise?

If a seat has been sold for the Partick game then it won't be available to buy as a ST therefore there won't be two people trying to sit in the same seat.

What am I missing here?

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2017, 10:29 PM

If a seat has been sold for the Partick game then it won't be available to buy as a ST therefore there won't be two people trying to sit in the same seat.

What am I missing here?

You're not missing anything, no one has suggested that two people have claim to the same seat. Just discussing how a ST holder might ask to swap seats and sit there. There no problem just hypothetical.

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 10:42 PM
So one person purchases a one off ticket for a seat for a single match and another person purchases a season ticket for the same seat for the entire season and you don't think they both have a claim on that seat?

:confused: How can that happen?

connerg
27-07-2017, 10:43 PM

What am I missing here?

The seat in question was a s/t seat the season before and that person tried to renew but the e-ticketing system let him down.

When he did manage to renew he was told Hibs had sold tickets for 3 games. He's been issued with paper tickets for those games but not next to his brother.

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 10:44 PM
The seat in question was a s/t seat the season before and that person tried to renew but the e-ticketing system let him down.

When he did manage to renew he was told Hibs had sold tickets for 3 games. He's been issued with paper tickets for those games but not next to his brother.

Ah, thanks. Couldn't get my head around it at all. Nice one.

connerg
27-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Ah, thanks. Couldn't get my head around it at all. Nice one.

No problem. The s/t holder is called SRH. Location is Newcastle/Gateshead. Some journey to make and not be able to sit in your own seat.

lucky
27-07-2017, 11:03 PM
No problem. The s/t holder is called SRH. Location is Newcastle/Gateshead. Some journey to make and not be able to sit in your own seat.

But it's not your seat if it's been sold to another fan for that game. If you've bought your ST late then you will not be guaranteed the same seat for every game if it's been sold prior to you buying a ST

Callum7
27-07-2017, 11:14 PM
They should make the ST available, but state that the seat will not be available for certain games and have a discounted price based on how many games are unavailable.

SRHibs
27-07-2017, 11:30 PM
But it's not your seat if it's been sold to another fan for that game. If you've bought your ST late then you will not be guaranteed the same seat for every game if it's been sold prior to you buying a ST

In my case the club was going to contact me when they released the seat (after a problem when I attempted to purchase initially), either by email or phone. They did neither and just sold it. Not the end of the world but poor customer service.

connerg
27-07-2017, 11:34 PM

I hear what you're saying but he did contact the ticket office telling them he was having problems renewing online.

The ticket office said they'll look into it and get back to him but they never. Think he feels a wee bit let down.

monktonharp
27-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Folk have had months to get season tickets and the club obviously now don't anticipate that we are going to sell many more. Putting tickets on sale in advance will allow people who are travelling here for a game to plan ahead.since when was this considered? for years we have heard of many Hibs fans organising their travel arrangements only to be told a week before that the date or time was changed. I still have to get my ST btw, and will just need to see whats available but no complaint with that.I don't agree that the club are obviously sure that the STs are all but done, either

matty_f
28-07-2017, 06:13 AM

:agree:

Johnny Clash
28-07-2017, 06:49 AM
First time ever we've had this dilemma which just shows how far we've come as a club. Still a way to go but no doubt the feel good factor is there.

I've got an ST and miss a few games if I'm stuck in London. If I can't get up to Edinburgh then I'll definitely be releasing my seat in the East so walk ups can buy a ticket for that seat. That way we get more revenue for Hibs and more fans in stadium. I think all ST holders should be encouraged to make a quick and simple phone call to ticket office if they can't make games.