PDA

View Full Version : £30

Billy Whizz
26-07-2017, 10:14 AM
That's the adult price for away fans at Celtic Park this season, £27 restricted review
I presume we'll charge them at most £28?

Since90+2
26-07-2017, 10:18 AM
How much are they charging home fans for non restricted view?

silverhibee
26-07-2017, 10:31 AM
That's the adult price for away fans at Celtic Park this season, £27 restricted review
I presume we'll charge them at most £28?

Hibs should charge the soap dodgers £32 to come to ER.

Sean1875
26-07-2017, 10:33 AM
As much as I'd love to get it up the soap dodgers, is it not a rule that you need to charge both home and away fans the same amount?

Cant say I like the idea of ramming our own fans with £30 walk-up tickets just to get one back at them.

Titch
26-07-2017, 10:42 AM
As much as I'd love to get it up the soap dodgers, is it not a rule that you need to charge both home and away fans the same amount?

Cant say I like the idea of ramming our own fans with £30 walk-up tickets just to get one back at them.

Most of the famous five is season ticket charge them £35

Carheenlea
26-07-2017, 10:43 AM
I'm not one for tit-for-tat gestures. We should charge a fair price and not worry about what others charge. £30 is a bit steep for one of the poorest away ends in Scotland right enough, but given its been a few seasons since we have been it's probably what I'd have guessed it would be.

lucky
26-07-2017, 10:50 AM
I think we should charge them more. It's nonsense that the richest club in Scotland is fleecing fans

green&left
26-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I think we should charge them more. It's nonsense that the richest club in Scotland is fleecing fans

Why? Just because Celtic are sitting with a few million in the bank doesn't mean their travelling support are awash with cash. £30 for parkhead is a rip-off but so is the £28 we charge for Cat A games.

TheGreenMan
26-07-2017, 11:19 AM
I think we should charge them £20.

I also think they should charge us £20.

How about making it more affordable all round

high bee
26-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Exactly, it isn't Celtic that would suffer if we raise our price, it's both sets of fans.

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Why? Just because Celtic are sitting with a few million in the bank doesn't mean their travelling support are awash with cash. £30 for parkhead is a rip-off but so is the £28 we charge for Cat A games.

I agree ...... I have never had a problem with Hibs charging premier league prices in the championship, the money was definitely required to keep us at a standard needed to ensure we would go back up relatively quickly and we have a huge infrastructure to maintain compared to most other clubs. But at the same time even when we were in the premier league I thought £28 was too much for Cat A games .... yes by all means charge a bit more, but to me 'a bit more' is £3 not £6.

In my opinion psychologically £28 seems more like £30 in folks minds and from that perspective I cant help thinking it affects our home support at these games, especially when they are almost always at stupid kick off times and live on the telly ..... how many times has the support in the home sections at ER been less than it should have been for games against Celtic and Sevco .... I know some folk don't like these games and some say they wont take their kids, but in all honesty I think that's a tiny minority ... in truth £28 a ticket has just as much a part to play in us having 12 or 13 thousand in the home stands for these games than all the other factors combined.

What Celtic do is up to them and for me the richest club in Scotland charging £30 for a ticket is fleecing the fans, but so far as Hibs go I think the most we should charge for any match is £25.

Mikey
26-07-2017, 02:01 PM

Because players aren't affordable.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Heart charged us £36 if you think back a bit.

CapitalGreen
26-07-2017, 05:42 PM

We should be setting an example by reducing ticket prices not looking to out-charge our opponents.

3pm
26-07-2017, 05:43 PM

I thought £33 was the highest?

SuperAllyMcleod
26-07-2017, 05:46 PM
It's all fairly irrelevant as UEFA have a rule (at least they used to) that says that travelling fans should be charged the same amount, or less, than they would be for a home game.

As Norway is quite an expensive country, I can only assume that £30 must be the going rate for games over there.

Monts
26-07-2017, 05:47 PM
How much are they charging home fans for non restricted view?

Have they not sold out season tickets? So no walk ups.

iwasthere1972
26-07-2017, 06:09 PM

Aye August 2007 when we won 1-0. The Makalamby night. I was there. Worth every pound to get it up them. I thought it was £34.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-07-2017, 07:49 PM
The FA down south made a rule that said the most anyone can charge for a premiership away ticket is £30 (so everyone charges £30, a bit like the tuition fees 'cap'). Still a good idea though, the SFA should bring in a cap as well, probably lower because we don't have to fund such excessive wages. £25 seems about right.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 07:52 PM
I honestly can't understand how Celtic continually get away with selling tickets which are advertised as having a restricted view and they're charging people almost £30 for the pleasure.

Carheenlea
26-07-2017, 07:54 PM
When you throw in travel costs, catering spend and contributing to an opposition clubs finances, away fans should pay less than home fans. £15 would be a fair figure, and would maybe encourage more fans to travel.

Carheenlea
26-07-2017, 08:12 PM
I honestly can't understand how Celtic continually get away with selling tickets which are advertised as having a restricted view and they're charging people almost £30 for the pleasure.

This was my seat one time at Parkhead :hilarious.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4kv5eq.jpg

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 08:21 PM
This was my seat one time at Parkhead :hilarious.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4kv5eq.jpg

That's pathetic.

There's no danger they should be allowed to charge people £27 for sitting in that seat.

cammy1969
26-07-2017, 08:25 PM

Unfortunately they can charge what they like and as they give the away team so little tickets it's not a big loss if teams don't sell all allocation.

The way to get back at them is cut there allocations when they come to us, it would be great if we in the position to half there ticket allocation and sell out to our fans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately they can charge what they like and as they give the away team so little tickets it's not a big loss if teams don't sell all allocation.

The way to get back at them is cut there allocations when they come to us, it would be great if we in the position to half there ticket allocation and sell out to our fans

If it was an unrestricted view then I could see the argument for them being able to charge whatever they want.

Considering you have a massive pillar blocking a considerable amount of your view and Celtic acknowledge the fact that it's a restricted view, there is no way they should be able to charge whatever they want and certainly not £27.

cammy1969
26-07-2017, 08:38 PM
If it was an unrestricted view then I could see the argument for them being able to charge whatever they want.

Considering you have a massive pillar blocking a considerable amount of your view and Celtic acknowledge the fact that it's a restricted view, there is no way they should be able to charge whatever they want and certainly not £27.

Yeah mate I agree but there should be a rule from sfa that states any seat with restricted view in any ground can only be sold for £15-£20 max or even not sold at all, but as always it's fzxq the fans the very people who keep them in a job with over inflated salarys.

heretoday
26-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Football is getting ridiculous.

£30 blimey.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I thought £33 was the highest?

Aye August 2007 when we won 1-0. The Makalamby night. I was there. Worth every pound to get it up them. I thought it was £34.

Sure it was £36, positive they added a ridiculous booking fee on to the face value.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 09:32 PM
£49 for the champions league match at park head v Man City, I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the city end. Row D awful view, electric advertising boards meant you couldn't see the far end goals and that was supposed to be non restricted view.

givescotlandfreedom
26-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Celtc fans and a wash don't go together very often.

marleyhib
26-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Really poor view, really dislike Celtic and the Glasgow polis, a very poor away day. It was much better before they redeveloped it but still crap then . I might save me cash for fanny by gaslight in killie.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:58 AM
Hearts tickets for parkhead only went on sale yesterday.

Jones28
27-07-2017, 05:05 AM

Worth every penny, I thought it was £32

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 05:59 AM
So, £2 more than expected?

Time to write some letters to somebody.

Sean1875
27-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Hearts tickets for parkhead only went on sale yesterday.

In fairness its not like they'll have been camping over night to get their hands on one of them.

Wonder if that means we can expect not to get tickets on sale for Ibrox until late next week too? Was hoping we'd at least get an announcement about tickets this week

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:17 PM
In fairness its not like they'll have been camping over night to get their hands on one of them.

Wonder if that means we can expect not to get tickets on sale for Ibrox until late next week too? Was hoping we'd at least get an announcement about tickets this week

They got 750 tickets, 600 of them are restricted view...:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
27-07-2017, 03:18 PM

That's outrageous

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2017, 03:21 PM
That's outrageous

Sounds like it might be a blessing in disguise watching Hearts at the minute.

Billy Whizz
27-07-2017, 03:24 PM

Ha ha.
Means we could be treated that was as well

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:26 PM
That's outrageous

Ha ha.
Means we could be treated that was as well

We will likely get the same allocation, those two blocks 119 and 120.

event.aspx (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/details/event.aspx?itemref=1539)

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 07:17 PM

Forgetting the obvious jibes about Hearts fans being grateful for the restricted view due to the likely doing they'll receive, that really is scandalous.