PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Cathroism

Northernhibee
26-07-2017, 06:36 AM
What's your favourite Ian Cathro moment off the pitch?

Northernhibee
26-07-2017, 06:55 AM
I also forgot when he went out of the tunnel to get his lap of honour, found a nearly empty stadium apart from a few people ready to boo him and he just walked back up the tunnel again.

It's OK.

Smartie
26-07-2017, 07:13 AM
The first interview after the Raith cup tie.

Uh wuh, eh?

It was the first time I'd heard him speak and due to the good reports about him I assumed he'd be a strong communicator.

It made me very happy to hear him start wibbling and tbh he hasn't stopped since.

Salt N Sauzee
26-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Has to be "We'll just have to beat them again". Comedy gold. The guy's a roaster.

hibsbollah
26-07-2017, 07:18 AM
'Its OK. Uh Wuh. Eh?:top marks' cant be beat in my eyes.

Hibs Class
26-07-2017, 07:31 AM
From last night:

"This is a reminder that you can be playing well and think you’re on top but unless you control the scoreline then you aren’t in control of anything"

HFCdeb
26-07-2017, 07:36 AM
From last night:

"This is a reminder that you can be playing well and think you’re on top but unless you control the scoreline then you aren’t in control of anything"

That is absolutely amazing👌

farawayhibee
26-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Cathro trying to bring on a sub that's not on the team sheet! Poor laddie is stripped and on the touchline before being sent back to the bench by the ref! Oh ma sides........

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aldo
26-07-2017, 07:40 AM
"Take away the goalposts and we are able to compete". Following their 0-5 drubbing by Celtic!

Greencore
26-07-2017, 07:50 AM
I voted for its okay.. also there reaction to losing a goal at partick is amazing. The abuse he gets ....https://youtu.be/3_a1UA5lnGs

Hibbyradge
26-07-2017, 07:52 AM
The goalposts one for me.

It even eclipses Butcher's losing the first goal drivel.

Speedway
26-07-2017, 07:58 AM
My favourite was:

'You have to remember that Walker is 21 now and as a result, he's a lot older than a lot of people a lot younger than himself'

Hibbyradge
26-07-2017, 08:04 AM
My favourite was:

'You have to remember that Walker is 21 now and as a result, he's a lot older than a lot of people a lot younger than himself'

He really said that? :faf:

Bill Milne
26-07-2017, 08:08 AM
I wanted to see what the Yams reaction to this result was but Keechback is in lockdown with only members allowed to view!!

jacomo
26-07-2017, 08:24 AM
So many to choose from but I think it's the tough guy routine I love the most.

Posted after some loss or other:

Ian Cathro says there are people willing him to fail at Hearts as he assured supporters he shares their anger and frustration over recent results.

Hearts have only won one of their last nine games and face Dundee on Saturday hoping to reverse a bad run of form.

Results have been mixed since Cathro's appointment in December, with many questioning if he job was too big for someone stepping up to head coach for the first time.

He said some people actively wanted him and the team to fail but it did not add to any pressure he feels.

"I don't want to be the person who says whether that is fair or unfair," he said.

"What I think is fair for me to say is I think just now there are more people than normal that are keen to see this club lose, or let's say not win.

"We can all imagine what the factors are in that."

He added: "I think what I'd say to back that up is that if they're choosing to do that, they're probably choosing the wrong people.

"I sit here as a strong person very ready to deal with this to whatever extent or for as long as people choose.

"Fine. No problem with that and no stress."

Cathro said he felt anger at the team's position but only because he did not want to let down fans of the club.

"[These critics] are also dealing with what is probably one of the most strong, powerful, passionate groups of supporters in Britain, when you look at the darker moments and how the supporters have rallied with everything the club needed," he said.

"In relation to the incredible support that this club has, that's the area where I understand and share the disappointment and frustration for not having been able to allow them to look forward with excitement.

"That's the bit that gives me anger and upset. The extra upset that throws some stones in my direction doesn't give me anything whatsoever. That just reminds me that we're strong and we're together."

Though accepting the scrutiny that comes with a losing run, the head coach also insisted any talk of an unhappy camp was far off the mark and that there was no discord between players or coaching staff.

"There's no drama, no chaos, no turmoil," he said.

"None of these things that people like to create the sense that exists because we're not doing well.

"The true thing is that we've had poor results. Everything else isn't true. There's no nonsense. All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed.

"We'll do that collectively and we'll do it with and for everybody that loves this club."

Busy Bear
26-07-2017, 08:25 AM
"Take away the goalposts and we are able to compete". Following their 0-5 drubbing by Celtic!

Absolute classic 👆

southfieldhibby
26-07-2017, 08:26 AM
https://twitter.com/cathro_motivate

Mainstandman
26-07-2017, 09:27 AM
I voted for its okay.. also there reaction to losing a goal at partick is amazing. The abuse he gets ....https://youtu.be/3_a1UA5lnGs
Went to watch this , as usual got side tracked onto hibs games and watched 30 mins of cup final videos :flag:

proud_and_green
26-07-2017, 10:41 AM
So many to choose from but I think it's the tough guy routine I love the most.

Posted after some loss or other:

My three year old is a better communicator than he is!!!

It is as if his interviews have been translated from some strange foreign language by an online app like babel fish! He would have been a godsend during the cold war as an encryption machine, could you imagine the other side trying to decode it!

snooky
26-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Someone please keep a list of all his quotes. They are comedy gold. Cathro's quotes will go down in history along with the likes of Sam Goldwyn and Yogi Berra. The lad is a genius, but sadly for him, it's not in football management.

Morganleith
26-07-2017, 11:20 AM
He is comedy gold. Please stay in charge. Absolutely love the guy.
Best comments were last nights

High-On-Hibs
26-07-2017, 11:41 AM
I personally favour his new one.

"some things and things are a work in progress"

CyberSauzee
26-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Definitely the goalposts for me. Can't believe some of the other sheite he comes out with though.

hibsbollah
26-07-2017, 12:02 PM
"None of these things that people like to create the sense that exists because we're not doing well'.

The more I look at this sentence the more I think it's in fact the work of an existential genius. He operates in a place and time very different to our own where reality is objective and an apple, is in fact, a packet of pickled onion Monster Munch.

Wibble Wibble.

Morganleith
26-07-2017, 12:20 PM
He's like that bloke Mr Anderson in the matrix. Same look

EH6 Hibby
26-07-2017, 12:43 PM
My three year old is a better communicator than he is!!!

It is as if his interviews have been translated from some strange foreign language by an online app like babel fish! He would have been a godsend during the cold war as an encryption machine, could you imagine the other side trying to decode it!

Malofeev was a better communicator than Cathro. :greengrin

delbert
26-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Malofeev was a better communicator than Cathro. :greengrin

Helen Keller was a better communicator than Cathro !!

Northernhibee
29-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Just when you think he can't top himself he comes up with my new favourite today.

BB:C "Are you confident that you have in your locker, on the pitch, what it takes to turn this around?"
Cathro: "If that was the case I wouldn't be standing here right now".

29-07-2017, 09:07 PM
The "if they removed the goalposts we would be as good as celtic" thing. :faf::faf::faf::faf:

DCI Gene Hunt
29-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Got to be the infamous "Would've won the game if it wasn't for the goalposts" comment - what a slavering dobber!

29-07-2017, 09:10 PM
The guy is pure and utter comedy gold. In fact there is a part of me that reckons he's just a total hearts hating wind up merchant whos in there to make them even more of a laughing stock :greengrin I mean he surely can't be for real?!

Sir David Gray
29-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Just when you think he can't top himself he comes up with my new favourite today.

BB:C "Are you confident that you have in your locker, on the pitch, what it takes to turn this around?"
Cathro: "If that was the case I wouldn't be standing here right now".

Heard that tonight as well. :greengrin

The guy's so bad at communicating it's almost unreal.

Earlier in his interview today he blamed John Souttar for Dunfermline's second goal but then said it was actually his fault as he should have taken him off at half time! :faf:

29-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Favourite Cathro sentence - "Thank you Craig, I accept the role as head coach."

tomhorn
29-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Favourite Cathro sentence - "Thank you Craig, I accept the role as head coach."

Levein making him look a right mug

GlesgaeHibby
30-07-2017, 02:46 AM
I enjoyed todays 'I'm very comfortable'.

lyonhibs
30-07-2017, 05:34 AM
You're all being a bit harsh here. For a foreign exchange student, his English is actually very good as he's mastered the nasal Jambo whine perfectly.

He IS a foreign exchange student though right??

Sir David Gray
30-07-2017, 07:56 AM
"I don't say anything, I will quietly continue to do my job professionally, believing in the work that we do."

This is my favourite quote so far.

Don't worry Ian, I believe in you 100% my friend. Keep up the good work.

As I said before a few days ago this man is a true hero of our time and must be appreciated while he's here.