View Full Version : Media Hibs 6-1 Arbroath Highlights

25-07-2017, 11:08 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/4227 some nice football there :aok:

25-07-2017, 11:21 PM
While only Arbroath some excellent football and goals !

Our attacking is so much better with width and speed up front !

25-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Whittaker has not one but two t's in the middle of his name.

Sorry, but I prefer folk with speaking parts in media roles to be able to pronounce names and words!

Aye it's just Hibs TV but I pay more for that than I do for Netflix!

25-07-2017, 11:55 PM

Sorry, but I prefer folk with speaking parts in media roles to be able to pronounce names and words!

😑

25-07-2017, 11:59 PM

Eh? How are you supposed to pronounce it like?

26-07-2017, 12:02 AM

I'm sure the guy that was commentating has got some sort of speech impediment. He felt the need to come on here and explain himself after similarly petty comments on a previous thread.

26-07-2017, 12:18 AM

Hi Andy,

First of all, thanks for subscribing to Hibs TV and for tuning in to the game and/or highlights 👍

Secondly, thanks for your feedback, but I have to ask how you pronounce his name? I said it how plenty of others pronounce his name, including other members of the media. Sorry if it irked you, but, to me, it was said how I believe most say his name.

26-07-2017, 12:26 AM
I'm sure the guy that was commentating has got some sort of speech impediment. He felt the need to come on here and explain himself after similarly petty comments on a previous thread.

It was a lisp I had when I was younger, but I wasn't able to get the 'th' sound at the start of words like 'three' said properly despite plenty of speech therapy (ferapy 😉). It's annoying for me as I'm aware of it, so I know it'll bug viewers and listeners.

Cliff's been out with a back injury and holiday, but should be back for Partick Thistle for anyone who is wondering 🇳🇬

26-07-2017, 12:40 AM
Hi Andy,

First of all, thanks for subscribing to Hibs TV and for tuning in to the game and/or highlights 👍

Secondly, thanks for your feedback, but I have to ask how you pronounce his name? I said it how plenty of others pronounce his name, including other members of the media. Sorry if it irked you, but, to me, it was said how I believe most say his name.

I wouldn't worry yourself about it I never even noticed anything untoward. Not quite Henderson to deliver but good job all the same ;)

26-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Eh? How are you supposed to pronounce it like?

I have no idea either.

hibee1875
26-07-2017, 12:59 AM

😂 What?!?

Are you supposed to do a slight pause after the first t then pick up again at the second t?

26-07-2017, 03:09 AM
4 or 5 goals from crossed. Not bad for a team who can't cross!

cocteautwin
26-07-2017, 03:51 AM
It was a lisp I had when I was younger, but I wasn't able to get the 'th' sound at the start of words like 'three' said properly despite plenty of speech therapy (ferapy 😉). It's annoying for me as I'm aware of it, so I know it'll bug viewers and listeners.

Cliff's been out with a back injury and holiday, but should be back for Partick Thistle for anyone who is wondering 🇳🇬

Nice clear and crisp commentary. Not sure what the other guys was posting about on the pronunciation.

26-07-2017, 04:07 AM
Hi Andy,

Count me in amongst 'the others' then as that's how I pronounce it - I'm stumped as to what other way 'Whittaker' could be pronounced ??

26-07-2017, 04:29 AM
Hi Andy,

you are being very respectful here...i would have ignored it..your pronunciation is perfect...ps as I was overseas last night, I used Hibs TV, well done - was laughing out loud at the "Shightly Shanked" slip - very funny :thumbsup: - keep up the good work though - thought the both of you did very well.

26-07-2017, 04:40 AM

Get over yourself for goodness sake. Absolutely nothing wrong with the way John pronounces Whittaker or any other name. In fact its a great piece of commentary. Perhaps you should volunteer to help.....show us all how it's done.

26-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Get over yourself for goodness sake. Absolutely nothing wrong with the way John pronounces Whittaker or any other name. In fact its a great piece of commentary. Perhaps you should volunteer to help.....show us all how it's done.

Exactly. How the **** are you meant to pronounce it? He pronounced it correctly with a double t, like the double s in pisstaker 😀

26-07-2017, 05:20 AM

You are actually commenting negatively on the way the commentator pronounces a name? Jesus wept........

26-07-2017, 05:23 AM
Hi Andy,

John, you showed a greater sense of decorum and good grace than I would have been capable of had I been charged with such an absurd criticism. Keep up the good work mate........

26-07-2017, 05:26 AM

Thought you articulated the game very well, John.

26-07-2017, 05:43 AM
Some great goals and if we get the ball into the box it looks like Murray will be there on a hopefully pretty regular basis.

The goalie in me wants to rant about that "defending" at the short corner but I won't

26-07-2017, 05:48 AM

Jesus wept.

26-07-2017, 05:58 AM
Hi Andy,

Wouldn't let any criticism bother you John as like most others I think it is completely unwarranted, and that you are doing a great job.

I think you do many of the pre-match interviews also?

26-07-2017, 06:01 AM
To be fair to Andy, the commentator doesn't pronounce his T's very well in the middle of names. Martin being pronounced Mar'in is another. There's nothing wrong with it and it's not an impediment that would be hurtful to comment on, it's just a more informal style than the BBC would allow and he shouldn't pretend to be Martin Tyler if he isn't.

I'm more worried about our defending for their goal.

26-07-2017, 06:28 AM
To be fair to Andy, the commentator doesn't pronounce his T's very well in the middle of names. Martin being pronounced Mar'in is another. There's nothing wrong with it and it's not an impediment that would be hurtful to comment on, it's just a more informal style than the BBC would allow and he shouldn't pretend to be Martin Tyler if he isn't.

I'm more worried about our defending for their goal.

I think it's perfectly fair to say Andy is talking complete pish.

26-07-2017, 06:29 AM

Good job mate.

Dont worry about hibs.net police....always complaining about something.

26-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Excellent cross from Efe for SMs third, I was looking at ma phone when that happened 🙈. We totally switched off when they scored, that will need to be looked at in training but it's probably just a preseason lack of concentration. Overall a great performance, cannae wait til the league starts, with the way Thistle are banging then in Hibs Partick could be the game to watch on the first day!

26-07-2017, 06:52 AM

Fair play for coming on here to defend yourself in such a graceful manner. I for one had felt your interviews had been good this season and didn't see anything wrong with the commentary either. It's Hibs TV ffs, some folk take things way too seriously.

26-07-2017, 06:57 AM

Yup, just like bellend has two L's

hibbycraig
26-07-2017, 07:12 AM
It's pronounced Wit taker.

HibbyKeith
26-07-2017, 07:21 AM
It's pronounced Wit taker.Or whitt aker [emoji6]

Either way its got me baffled and looking like a right bam. I'm sitting here on my own saying his name out loud [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

26-07-2017, 07:44 AM

Stella, last night, or Old Rosie?

26-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Yup, just like bellend has two L's

:agree::faf:

26-07-2017, 07:58 AM

I think you need to get your ears checked out.

Hi Andy,

Just sat and watched the highlights and your pronunciation is spot on.

26-07-2017, 08:25 AM
4 or 5 goals from crossed. Not bad for a team who can't cross!

10/10

26-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Your doing a grand job mate, don't let nonsense like this bother you.

26-07-2017, 08:34 AM
:rolleyes: How insensitive can you get? There was nothing wrong with the pronunciation in the first place. Great goals by the way.

26-07-2017, 08:39 AM

jesus wept

26-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Hi Andy,

Hi matey, I enjoyed listening to the game last night, yes Cliff is my favourite but anyone giving us the game is good in my opinion, and I never noticed Whittaker's name being pronounced any different to how MOST of us say it? :wink:

Not sure if it was you matey, but the faux pas when one of you said instead of shanked it slightly, Slanked it sheightly had me in stitches :faf: :top marks

26-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Hibs should be total-ly ashamed of themselves for switching of-f at the corner and al-lowing Arbroath such an easy goal.

I hope NL is raging,

26-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Hibs should be total-ly ashamed of themselves for switching of-f at the corner and al-lowing Arbroath such an easy goal.

I hope NL is raging,

Probably - but in a round about way would rather last night than Patrick.

Basic goal to concede but some excellent passing, movement and goals from Hibs in reply.

26-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Hi matey, I enjoyed listening to the game last night, yes Cliff is my favourite but anyone giving us the game is good in my opinion, and I never noticed Whittaker's name being pronounced any different to how MOST of us say it? :wink:

Not sure if it was you matey, but the faux pas when one of you said instead of shanked it slightly, Slanked it sheightly had me in stitches :faf: :top marks

It was me haha, but the question is was it an accidental spoonerism or Freudian slip?

26-07-2017, 09:54 AM
It's pronounced Wit taker.

:tsk tsk:

White-Take-Ear