PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

GreenCastle
25-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Great start to the season!

Love his work rate and movement. He may not be Cummings..he might not be Holt but he's scoring goals and playing very well and will improve our team.

Long may it continue.

Also needs a song !!

Thecat23
25-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Couldn't agree more. He's going to be a very good player for us.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Great movement and work rate, and finishing the vast majority of his chances at the moment.

Him and Boyle will run defences ragged, even if they're not scoring, and tire out defences and leave space for others.

LEaston87
25-07-2017, 09:38 PM
To yellow submarine:

Simon Murray is a ginger goal machine

Alan62
25-07-2017, 09:39 PM
:greengrin

worcesterhibby
25-07-2017, 09:41 PM
To yellow submarine:

it's simple. it's easy to remember, it's a winner :thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2017, 09:42 PM
To yellow submarine:

Excellent work.

lucky
25-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Every useful player. He'll gain great confidence in the 5 goals he's scored. I'm confident he will do very well this season for us.

Vault Boy
25-07-2017, 09:43 PM
To yellow submarine:

Good suggestion!

Baw187
He puts a hell of a shift in.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
To yellow submarine:

:greengrin

Laddie seems to know how to pop up in the right positions. Long may it continue!

GreenCastle
25-07-2017, 09:44 PM
To yellow submarine:

Genius and can be repeated and repeated !!

Libby Hibby
25-07-2017, 09:44 PM
To yellow submarine:

Best song since the Malonga one

BlackSheep
25-07-2017, 09:55 PM
To yellow submarine:

Amazing! Get this sung in the Singing Section and it'll soon catch on!!

And get Yellow submarine blaring whenever he scores! (Subject to usage rights of course 😊)

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Saw on twitter earlier so can't take credit
"Leanne Dempster went to Dundee in her green ferrari, Came back down here with a striker, we call him Simon Murray"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
25-07-2017, 09:58 PM
"Leanne Dempster went to Dundee in her green ferrari, Came back down here with a striker, we call him Simon Murray"

I'll get your coat :wink:

Brightside
Great start to the season!

Love his work rate and movement. He may not be Cummings..he might not be Holt but he's scoring goals and playing very well and will improve our team.

Long may it continue.

Also needs a song !!

He works his bollix off - he will miss loads but he will score plenty!

SirDavidsNapper
To yellow submarine:

Can't believe someone has come up with a good song/chant on .net 🤣 I like it.

1van Sprou7e
25-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Girls don't like boys girls like Simon Murray

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 10:00 PM
I'll get your coat :wink:

well i liked it anyway :greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-07-2017, 10:01 PM

What tune?

Hibee Mac
25-07-2017, 10:01 PM
To yellow submarine:

Aaand we have a winner.

Sammy7nil
25-07-2017, 10:02 PM
What tune?

Crossroads theme tune.

GreenCastle
25-07-2017, 10:04 PM
He works his bollix off - he will miss loads but he will score plenty!

Just like Cummings missed loads.

If Murray was that good he would be at Real Madrid - let's just enjoy him as if he keeps scoring he will be off down south before we know it !

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Love it

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2017, 10:06 PM
To yellow submarine:

Superb mate, that has to be the one.

Nemo
25-07-2017, 10:06 PM
What tune?

Leanne Dempster went to Dundee in her green ferrari, Came back down here with a striker, we call him Simon Murray"

Yankee Doodle might work?

CraigHibee
25-07-2017, 10:07 PM
or how about to the tune of "oh when the saints"

He's got flair and ginger hair
He's got flair and ginger hair
his name is Simon Murray
and he's got flair and ginger hair

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Leanne Dempster went to Dundee in her green ferrari, Came back down here with a striker, we call him Simon Murray"

Yankee Doodle might work?

Yankee doodle was the one i had in my head!

Nemo
25-07-2017, 10:11 PM

Excellent,

Then a hibees bounce along wi

na na na na na na na

CathroMustStay
25-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Very promising. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
25-07-2017, 10:14 PM

Tunes great, not sure words fit in with it though🤣

Nevi_SOL
25-07-2017, 10:15 PM

That's class 💯

Ozyhibby
25-07-2017, 10:19 PM
He has been excellent since he got here. Plays nice and high up the pitch, forcing the centre halves back and stretching the play. And when we are attacking he makes a bee line for the 6 yard box. Great to see. He'll score plenty.

Big90inOz
25-07-2017, 10:24 PM
I watched this guy closely tonight, he made many runs which were either ignored or the ball was played a fraction late. He is on his toes and moving in the box which creates the space . Being an auld bugger he reminded me very much of another red head Keith Wright, movement is very similar. I remember a testimonial( I think) which Kenny Dalgleish played in and Keith got a hat trick(?), after the game he said Kenny told him "just run the channels son and I'll find you". Simon Murray would thrive on someone hitting that quick early pass into him.

The Spaceman
25-07-2017, 10:28 PM
https://youtu.be/-j6muYHRX90

"Simon Murray, Murray Murray Murray!"

(Credit: Burnley fans with their Dean Marney chant)

HoboHarry
25-07-2017, 10:29 PM
I think he was quoted as saying when he signed that he wanted to score more for Hibs than his Dad did. At this rate he'll have done that by the end of September.......

Andy74
25-07-2017, 10:30 PM
I think he's going to be a big player for us.

Also, great to see a player like Swanson behind him who can see where forwards are going to run.

Eyrie
25-07-2017, 10:34 PM
I watched this guy closely tonight, he made many runs which were either ignored or the ball was played a fraction late. He is on his toes and moving in the box which creates the space . Being an auld bugger he reminded me very much of another red head Keith Wright, movement is very similar. I remember a testimonial( I think) which Kenny Dalgleish played in and Keith got a hat trick(?), after the game he said Kenny told him "just run the channels son and I'll find you". Simon Murray would thrive on someone hitting that quick early pass into him.

Alan Sneddon's testimonial against Aston Villa. Dalgleish never left the centre circle until half time.

Very frustrated when he was caught offside a couple of times at the start, including once when he "scored", but the timing will come as he builds familiarity with his team mates.

hibbycraig
25-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Good charlotte tune?

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 10:45 PM
so is his 'hair looks like a curry' chant not getting a chance then? :greengrin

worcesterhibby
25-07-2017, 10:48 PM
great picture of the Carrot-Topped Assassin scoring the third on the BBC site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40721313

Nakedmanoncrack
25-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Never going to be the greatest, most skillfull of players, and cannot expect him to be the No1 striker this season, but puts in great effort and will score his share.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Never going to be the greatest, most skillfull of players, and cannot expect him to be the No1 striker this season, but puts in great effort and will score his share.

Keeps playing like that and he will be no 1 striker. A great centre forward performance.

AK86
25-07-2017, 11:26 PM
I reckon he will score more this season than Jason did last season. Add to to that , that apart from his goals ( which were of course vital) Jason didn't really contribute much more , Simon Murray does and I can only see him improving , his attitude is fantastic.
His Dad was very similar, not hugely gifted but very effective and definitely a nightmare to play against. In more ways than one he ain't pretty on the eye, but I've been very impressed with him so far.
He will of course have his bad days, I hope the fans stick with him as I think he could be a rough diamond.

Brightside
25-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Alan Sneddon's testimonial against Aston Villa. Dalgleish never left the centre circle until half time.

Very frustrated when he was caught offside a couple of times at the start, including once when he "scored", but the timing will come as he builds familiarity with his team mates.

He was on side at least 3 time when called off.... i was right in line for 2 of them. Lino had a nightmare tbh.

bingo70
25-07-2017, 11:47 PM
Just watched the goals and interesting it was the perfect hat trick.

Header, left fitter, right fitter.

Well done to the guy.

Diclonius
25-07-2017, 11:51 PM

Two good original chants on hibs.net? In one thread? I need a minute. :faint:

lucky
25-07-2017, 11:52 PM
He was on side at least 3 time when called off.... i was right in line for 2 of them. Lino had a nightmare tbh.

Spot on the East side Lino was to slow to keep up with play.

I think Murray will score 20 plus this season especially if he's got a another striker up top with him

ballengeich
26-07-2017, 12:02 AM
He's been scoring by moving into space away from his marker. If he can do the same against top division defenders he'll be a great asset.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-07-2017, 12:16 AM
He's been scoring by moving into space away from his marker. If he can do the same against top division defenders he'll be a great asset.

:agree:

Northern Hibby
26-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Loving his goals, and the sideshow Bob look 😂

neil7908
26-07-2017, 06:50 AM
He's done really well so far. Bigger tests are yet to come and he needs to show he can do it regularly against SPL opposition but I'm delighted to have him at the club.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Looks to be a natural wee goalscorer..Always in the right places..Reckon he will be a big player for us this season

BonnieFitbaTeam
26-07-2017, 04:42 PM

Keith got all four that night. Kenny Dalglish's passing was brilliant, had he not been such a fantastic goal scorer, and so played up front, he would have made a brilliant midfielder.

goosefat
26-07-2017, 05:48 PM
https://goo.gl/images/Kud8Cu

Hat trick hero

Navids Numpties
26-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Simon Murray, Simon Murray, he's ginger red and he's in ur wife's bed Simon Murray.

To the tune of that lafferty song, not sure what it is

greenpaper55
26-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Simon Murray, Simon Murray, he's ginger red and he's in ur wife's bed Simon Murray.

To the tune of that lafferty song, not sure what it is

School still on holiday i see !

Navids Numpties
26-07-2017, 06:47 PM
School still on holiday i see !

Annual leave in Moscow with a lager in the sun, getting a bit full of myself!

Slavers
26-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Simon Murray will score 20 - 25 goals this season. I think he will only improve and id expect him to knocking on the door of the national team in a season or two.

bigwheel
26-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Simon Murray will score 20 - 25 goals this season. I think he will only improve and id expect him to knocking on the door of the national team in a season or two.

Whilst I'd love that to be true, I feel you are over-expecting on Murray....he has scored, in competitive games, against Arbroath and Montrose ...depending on who we sign, I'm not even sure he will be a regular starter every week...as for Scotland - Don't think he will play at that level.

Hope you are right though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
26-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Keeps playing like that and he will be no 1 striker. A great centre forward performance.

Quite. No idea what formation we'll settle with this season, but if it's 2 up top it's Simon Murray + 1 at the moment.

OxoHibby
26-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Whilst I'd love that to be true, I feel you are over-expecting on Murray....he has scored, in competitive games, against Arbroath and Montrose ...depending on who we sign, I'm not even sure he will be a regular starter every week...as for Scotland - Don't think he will play at that level.

Hope you are right though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He can only score against who is in front of him. I haven't seen enough to make an opinion but his scoring record in his games for Hibs has been brilliant

bigwheel
26-07-2017, 07:41 PM
He can only score against who is in front of him. I haven't seen enough to make an opinion but his scoring record in his games for Hibs has been brilliant

I agree...doing well, good bright start. But talk of 20-25 goals and future Scotland caps is quite a leap from that...

OxoHibby
26-07-2017, 07:55 PM
I agree...doing well, good bright start. But talk of 20-25 goals and future Scotland caps is quite a leap from that...

But let's hope so

bigwheel
26-07-2017, 07:56 PM
But let's hope so

Too right !

Sammy7nil
26-07-2017, 08:01 PM

LOL Pep will be up from Manchester to watch him soon.
Sorry but we need a bit calm here he has started great lets give the boy chance without heaping huge expectation on him.

Billychaotic182
26-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Saw this on twitter and think it's amazing.

To the tune of Girls and Boys by good charotte

"Girls don't like boys, girls like Simon Murray!"

Would love to see the more creative people expand on that as I think its fantastic haha

hibs supporter
26-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Don't remember all of our strikers scoring as many headers last season as he has

ian cruise
27-07-2017, 06:47 AM

Would love to see the more creative people expand on that as I think its fantastic haha

I believe it was originally suggested by someone on here.

The Leith Dutch
27-07-2017, 06:49 AM

I think the bit he's got to establish is that he can score against teams from the top league which he didn't manage against Ross County.

Not suggesting he can't btw but it would certainly be ironic to sign a striker who can hammer them in against lower league opposition now we're back in the top flight ;)

I have to say his volleyed third during the week was a lovely piece of skill.
I reckon it says a lot about the pre-formed opinions that we're not all raving about it - I think that move and finish has very little to do with the quality of the opposition.

Smartie
27-07-2017, 06:54 AM
I think the bit he's got to establish is that he can score against teams from the top league which he didn't manage against Ross County.

Not suggesting he can't btw but it would certainly be ironic to sign a striker who can hammer them in against lower league opposition now we're back in the top flight ;)

I have to say his volleyed third during the week was a lovely piece of skill.
I reckon it says a lot about the pre-formed opinions that we're not all raving about it - I think that move and finish has very little to do with the quality of the opposition.

I don't think our team or formation was as good against Ross County as it was against the other teams.

Murray was far more isolated, which wasn't really his fault.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by him so far and I think he'll do well for us.

Needs a strike partner though.

nonshinyfinish
27-07-2017, 07:11 AM
I believe it was originally suggested by someone on here.

It's on the first page of this very thread.

hibsbollah
27-07-2017, 07:17 AM
I said when we bought him I had a feeling he would surprise a few people. Him and Boyle might not be 100% starters but they will make valuable contributions.

hibsbollah
27-07-2017, 07:22 AM

I only watched the goals but I rewound his third, got my ten year old over to watch, and told him watch and learn, that's perfect centre forward play! He started the move with nice skill, made the forward run at the right time, got into the right position, kept equidistant from two defenders, asked for the ball twice at the right time, when the cross came over kept his eye on it till it hit his boot. But the key was his positioning and timing. Well just have to see if he's as good against Aberdeen defenders as Arbroath ones :greengrin

Mixu62
27-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Like the words, but what's the tune?!

RossScott1991
27-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Girls don't like boys, girls like Simon Murrayyyyyyyy
Scores everyweek, Jambos don't think its funnyyyyyy

However 'simon murray is a ginger goal machine' is more simple to remember and catchy I reckon as suggested on page 1

cabbageandribs1875
27-07-2017, 10:20 AM

think that line would be better with 'his name is simon murray' :dunno:

not that it matters, it's kinda p@sh and i won't be singing it anyway :greengrin

27-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Simon Murray
He is good
He has Celtic on the run

southsider
27-07-2017, 10:31 AM
We need a nick-name for the lad as Simon sounds like a soft lads name. Basher Murray ? Sounds good to me.

Billy Whizz
27-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Just shows you what a great start does for a players image!

lucky
27-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Murray is playing well and I think it might continue but a little bit of perspective is needed. Brian Graham scored 6 for Ross County in the league cup groups before he joined us last season

Sean1875
27-07-2017, 11:44 AM
think that line would be better with 'his name is simon murray' :dunno:

not that it matters, it's kinda p@sh and i won't be singing it anyway :greengrin

:tee hee: was worth a go - I look forward to belting out 'One Simon Murray' anyways :greengrin

ian cruise
27-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Girls don't like boys, girls like Simon Murrayyyyyyyy
Scores everyweek, Jambos don't think its funnyyyyyy

However 'simon murray is a ginger goal machine' is more simple to remember and catchy I reckon as suggested on page 1

First (and probably last) time I'm going to attempt one of these...

If you're looking to fit it in to the Good Charlotte tune "Girls and Boys"

He score goals, we call him Simon Murray
Goal machine of Leith, he loves it where it's sunny

IWasThere2016
27-07-2017, 12:03 PM
SM is the best player he can be - simply because he gives 100% .. not many fans will complain about that tbh

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-07-2017, 12:06 PM
To yellow submarine:

Still my favourite. And repeat, the simple ones are best (see Jason Cummings baby!)

He'll love that as well

1van Sprou7e
27-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Still my favourite. And repeat, the simple ones are best (see Jason Cummings baby!)

He'll love that as well

That one never properly kicked off though did it

oneone73
27-07-2017, 12:16 PM
SM is the best player he can be - simply because he gives 100% .. not many fans will complain about that tbh

So does Brian Graham. Doesn't help him with some of the fans.

HappyHibeeAG
27-07-2017, 07:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFwkJTzXoAEaFDv.jpg:largehttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFwvSrfXsAI6Tn3.jpg:large

Mixu62
27-07-2017, 08:33 PM
We need a nick-name for the lad as Simon sounds like a soft lads name. Basher Murray ? Sounds good to me.

In trainspotting sick boys real name is Simon. Sick boy Murray?

27-07-2017, 08:36 PM

Cummings would call him Fanta pubes.

kaimendhibs
27-07-2017, 08:44 PM
HE'S HIBS, HE,S GINGE, HE,LL BE KNEE DEEP IN MINGE, SIMON MURRAY. Aye I Know, bye [emoji595][emoji595][emoji595]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hfcwilson3192
27-07-2017, 09:16 PM
A reckon curry Murray will finish the season top goal scorer. He'll only improve under Lennon. The boys got pace to burn, his attitude is spot on plus he wants to be here. Big Davy will be superb for him as well canny wait for this season what a time to be alive.

franck sauzee
28-07-2017, 01:56 PM
There was a man with ginger hair,
played for united but we dont care,
cos when he pulls on the hibee green,
(he's) the greatest striker the world has seen,

Simon Murray is a ginger goal machine,
a ginger goal machine,
a ginger goal machine....

Famous Fiver
29-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Can all those folk who doubted his signing now make themselves known and give us their views now?

Some humble pie required methinks.

sleeping giant
29-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Goal machine :-)

Heisenberg
29-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Can all those folk who doubted his signing now make themselves known and give us their views now?

Absolutely no doubt he's in fine goalscoring form. Fair play to him for that. We're playing Arbroath/Montrose/Alloa though, let's not get too excited just yet.

29-07-2017, 03:38 PM
HE'S HIBS, HE,S GINGE, HE,LL BE KNEE DEEP IN MINGE, SIMON MURRAY. Aye I Know, bye [emoji595][emoji595][emoji595]

Hahaha this made me laugh.

Sprouleflyer
29-07-2017, 03:39 PM

Me!! And i'm stuffing my face with pie ;)

Mr White
29-07-2017, 03:39 PM

Happy to eat some of that pie as I didn't rate him. Absolutely delighted to be proved so wrong and I'm now very glad we've got him :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Get that laddie on a longer contract! :greengrin

makaveli1875
29-07-2017, 03:49 PM

i doubted his signing , he's hit the ground running but its been against part time opposition . If he can repeat this against the big boys i will eat a big slice of humble pie , at least he's going into the season full of confidence .. heres hoping he can keep it up

GreenCastle
29-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Another 2 goals..didn't even play that well but puts them away.

Impressive start !

Humo
29-07-2017, 04:15 PM
What a signing he's turning out to behttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170729/96a5a166db8610bcfc8bdce1b3231cd0.jpg

Keyser Sauzee
29-07-2017, 05:14 PM

I was not a fan of his at all and stated so when he signed, his performances last season were not good enough and I stand by that. He looks to be playing a lot more central in this team though compared to last year where he said he had to do a lot more work away from goal to try and make things happen, and he's flying at the mo. Happy to be proven wrong at this time, although the opposition is not what it will be in a couple of weeks but I now think he'll do fine here this season, he's changing my opinion on him more everytime I see him.

CapitalGreen
29-07-2017, 05:26 PM

Like the look of him so far but his ability to score against lower league opposition has never been in doubt. He struggled last week against premier opposition. Brian Graham scored 6 goals in the league cup group stages last year so I'd be wary of reading too much into that.

Looking forward to seeing him playing alongside a strike partner.

The Leith Dutch
29-07-2017, 05:28 PM

To be fair most people were simply having a grown up discussion on the merits of a footballer player we signed and many were of the perfectly reasonable opinion that he hadn't looked anything special at his previous club either based on statistics or what we'd seen of him in that league. I always find it a little weird when anything other than "Welcome Simon!" is treated as though you're a neg-ferret.

Barring a few mentalists who chucked their toys out the pram and tried to make it a thing about a cheap replacement for Cummings most of the chat was fairly reasonable (though it might have been that thread some bam was talking about not buying a season ticket because of it).

In a better team against poorer opposition SM has done great.
Long may it continue.

emerald green
29-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Seven (7) goals so far is impressive goal scoring form. Even though the opposition hasn't been all that good, Murray has still been in the right place at the right time and stuck the ball in the net.

Just keep doing that lad.

lucky
29-07-2017, 05:54 PM
His work rate was excellent and scored 2 out 3 chances. It's for any other striker to come in and better him.

High-On-Hibs
29-07-2017, 05:57 PM
A forward line of the 2 Murrays with Stokes :hyper

Slavers
29-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Simon Murray is hungry for goals and i think he would just love the taste of goal or two against the jambos!

lord bunberry
29-07-2017, 06:12 PM
I love Simon Murray and I'm not ashamed to admit it :greengrin

The_Horde
29-07-2017, 06:19 PM

If he keeps scoring Rod Petrie will smell the money..

nonshinyfinish
29-07-2017, 06:41 PM
I love Simon Murray and I'm not ashamed to admit it :greengrin

Totally.

Trying not to get carried away until we see what he does in the league, but there's cult hero potential here I think.

superfurryhibby
29-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Simon Murray was Jimmy Johnstone last night on BBC Alba.

Jonnyboy
29-07-2017, 07:53 PM
7 goals so far. Simon said when he arrived that he'd like to score more goals for Hibs than his Dad Gary did. Pretty sure Gary scored a total of 7 in his first full season!

Silversand
29-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Girls will laugh at Hearts cos they smell of slurry

Ill get ma coat [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TheGreenMan
29-07-2017, 11:49 PM
66/1 For league top scorer 😎

My_Wife_Camille
29-07-2017, 11:51 PM
He's won me over. Not just for the goals against part time opposition but the energy, work rate, determination and all that goes with it. Still not convinced that he'll be all that great a signing but he's hugely in credit so far and he's got a decent song.

SteveHFC
29-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Been a good signing so far.

Vault Boy
29-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Has more competitive goals in 4 games than James Collins had in 40. Cost us zilch. I'm not a girl but I do like Simon Murray.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2017, 12:04 AM
I remember when some folk were worried that we'd not replace Cummings goals, i never worried about that, JC was never that good, and he will be back up the road playing for us or another scottish team sooner than some folk think.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-07-2017, 12:17 AM
A great start to his Hibs career. Though the proof in the pudding will be how he fairs in the league against teams of similar quality.

Borderhibbie76
30-07-2017, 06:57 AM
A great start to his Hibs career. Though the proof in the pudding will be how he fairs in the league against teams of similar quality.For me the important thing is his work rate, movement and determination. Regardless of the opposition if he keeps that up he is gonna get a barrowload of chances in this team...lets face it we r a far superior side to the Dundee Utd of last season. He may not be as prolific against SPL teams as he has been thus far...but this guy is gonna score goals For us..of that I'm now pretty confident

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

southern hibby
30-07-2017, 08:07 AM
I think he'll score, ( barring injury )

22 goals this season. Also think that him and Boyle would be an awesome pairing to bring on with about 30 minutes of a game left. Two of them would rip a tired defence to shreads.

So many difference options available to NL to exploit.

GGTTH

spike220
30-07-2017, 08:13 AM
To yellow submarine:

Anything that celebrates the ginger people is great. Could he became our new Keith!!

Lancs Harp
30-07-2017, 08:23 AM
A very promising start but I guess at this moment in time thats all it is. The season starts for real next week but he's got a good start and goals behind him going into that season.

I think the team is looking better balanced, Jasons scoring record is there to be seen but sometimes he did leave you feeling he could work a bit harder and contribute in other areas. I'll be interested to see how he fares at Forest, if Im honest I think he will struggle there. As far as Hibs are concerned we've moved on and I think we've on well, Im more than hopeful we'll be very competitive this season.

hibbysam
30-07-2017, 08:26 AM
I remember when some folk were worried that we'd not replace Cummings goals, i never worried about that, JC was never that good, and he will be back up the road playing for us or another scottish team sooner than some folk think.

'JC was never that good' - what utter tripe.

Earlydelivery
30-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Agreed...... loved Cummings when he was here !!

stantonhibby
30-07-2017, 08:29 AM

Aye , we know you've told us before. Not sure why a thread praising our new striker needs you having yet another dig at our old one who was a star for us. Each to their own.

Earlydelivery
30-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Agreed...... loved Cummings when he was here !!

Super_JMcGinn
30-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Anything that celebrates the ginger people is great. Could he became our new Keith!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD-d8GPS4Es

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2017, 11:26 AM

Great goalscorer and that's the hardest thing a footballer can do, but his work outside the box and his hold up play was average.

I feel the team will be much more balanced this season, and we have someone in Murray who will score just as many goals, but do the work off the ball that Cummings rarely did.

hibeedonald
30-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Placed a 50 quid bet that he would score more league goals over the season than Laugherty with my jambo mate last night

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Placed a 50 quid bet that he would score more league goals over the season than Laugherty with my jambo mate last night

collect it now:greengrin

High-On-Hibs
31-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Is there any way to pass this audio clip on to the ER DJ?

Thought it would be good to play when Simon Murray scores a goal. :aok:

https://clyp.it/n3kqyhfs

31-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Alloa player suggesting Simon Murray put his first goal in with his hand. He's out of shot in the Hibs TV footage but I was behind the goal and I'm sure I would have noticed if he handled it.

Ha ha ha Diego Murraydona.

http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/alloaathletic/15444121.Meggatt__Hibs_scoreline_was_harsh_on_batt ling_Wasps/ (http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/alloaathletic/15444121.Meggatt__Hibs_scoreline_was_harsh_on_batt ling_Wasps/)

Scott Allan Key
31-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Alloa player suggesting Simon Murray put his first goal in with his hand. He's out of shot in the Hibs TV footage but I was behind the goal and I'm sure I would have noticed if he handled it.

Ha ha ha Diego Murraydona.

http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/alloaathletic/15444121.Meggatt__Hibs_scoreline_was_harsh_on_batt ling_Wasps/ (http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/alloaathletic/15444121.Meggatt__Hibs_scoreline_was_harsh_on_batt ling_Wasps/)

'He puts it in with his hand
He puts it in with his hand
Oh Murraydona
He puts it in with his hand'

I've got my coat on.

greensandyman03
04-08-2017, 02:35 PM
(I want candy tune)

I know a guy who's tough but sweet
He's so fine, He's got great feet
He's got everything that I desire
Sets the summer sun on fire
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
[emoji1303]

Silversand
04-08-2017, 02:44 PM
(I want candy tune)

Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Coults1875
04-08-2017, 02:50 PM
(I want candy tune)

Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
[emoji1303]

Winner :flag::flag:

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Good league start - named player of the match.

Is It On....
05-08-2017, 04:47 PM
(I want candy tune)

Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
Simon Murray
[emoji1303]