PDA

View Full Version : Help Required - Photographers At ER?

Chuck Rhoades
25-07-2017, 04:43 PM
I am looking for Hibs supporters who take a fairly decent camera with them to games on a regular basis who sit in the East or West Stand. Please can you post or drop me a PM if you do or know anyone that does.

Thanks,

Ross

speedy_gonzales
25-07-2017, 05:41 PM
I am looking for Hibs supporters who take a fairly decent camera with them to games on a regular basis who sit in the East or West Stand. Please can you post or drop me a PM if you do or know anyone that does.

Thanks,

Ross
I don't take a camera in general but I sit in the East halfway between the Famous 5 18yd line and the halfway line, also own a Canon EOS60D which isn't too shabby. You looking at getting pics of the new singing section/display?

wookie70
25-07-2017, 06:23 PM
I would be happy to help from the front row of the West Upper at the Dunbar end 18 yard line. The photos aren't an issue it is the stewards of you want a decent pic from a decent camera

RIP
25-07-2017, 06:46 PM
I got a Canon EOS80D at Xmas. Happy to bring it but as it's my first SLR it might be a bit hit and miss to start with. Maybe your backup camera?

wookie70
25-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Just sold most of my Canon kit for Nikon. D810 and D500 now.

HarpyHibby
25-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Speak to Callum Landells on twitter, he might be able to help you out.

Johnny Clash
25-07-2017, 10:32 PM
I would be happy to help from the front row of the West Upper at the Dunbar end 18 yard line. The photos aren't an issue it is the stewards of you want a decent pic from a decent camera

Do you think you'll get hastle for taking pics using a decent camera mate?
I know cameras used to be frowned upon but nowadays everyone has camera on phones so hopefully you'll be ok.

70hibby
25-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Do you think you'll get hastle for taking pics using a decent camera mate?
I know cameras used to be frowned upon but nowadays everyone has camera on phones so hopefully you'll be ok.

Ive been warned twice at er if that i was caught taking pictures with my DSLR that i would be asked to leave, i was shooting with a 70-200 f2.8 L lens .... I was told that any camera with a detachable lens was subject to this.

The only time they allowed me to take pics was when my kids were the mascots at the SC game v Hearts last season but i had to put the camera away when they left the field.

Johnny Clash
26-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Ive been warned twice at er if that i was caught taking pictures with my DSLR that i would be asked to leave, i was shooting with a 70-200 f2.8 L lens .... I was told that any camera with a detachable lens was subject to this.

The only time they allowed me to take pics was when my kids were the mascots at the SC game v Hearts last season but i had to put the camera away when they left the field.

Crikey - sounds like an old rule that hasn't moved with the times. I mean we now take videos and post them on public forums so can't really see the point anymore if copyright or something is the issue.

uk3doorsdown
26-07-2017, 08:07 AM
I had my Nikon D3100 at the friendly against Edinburgh City last season and was told by stewards to stop taking pictures or the camera would be taken of me.

wookie70
26-07-2017, 10:10 AM
I had mine to take photos of my daughter being a mascot and was told to put it back in the bag. Admittedly it was a big white lens so quite obvious. I just said I will take a few photos before the game and then put it away.
Ideally you want someone with a mirror less camera which is small but gives good quality.

Disc O'Dave
26-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Crikey - sounds like an old rule that hasn't moved with the times. I mean we now take videos and post them on public forums so can't really see the point anymore if copyright or something is the issue.

I'm guessing the perception is that while mobile phone footage is rife, and, frankly, uncontrollable, there is still a limit to what can be achieved from these devices from the stands, and it comes nowhere near what is classed as "sellable" vis SNS Pix and the broadcast media. Digital SLRs with a decent lens, however, are more than capable of producing decent results, and now can record HD movie quality through a zoom lens. You can argue that it's still some way off what can be produced from the top-end professional gear at the pitch-side, but the clubs will have to be seen to be protecting their digital and image rights and have to draw the line somewhere.

It's also the case however, as mentioned above, that small mirrorless cameras can well out-perform some DSLR cameras, so if you were really keen to get decent shots, that would be a safer route.

I'm always amused if I'm stopped by "security" from taking pictures at the events up town when I've got a basic wide lens on the SLR, whereas some folk have mobiles and compacts with powerful zooms are allowed to snap away no problem.....

KWJ
26-07-2017, 02:47 PM
I asked the club about this a year or so ago and didn't get a response. (at least I think I did, I definitely thought about it!)

I took my DSLR to a Calgary Flames NHL match and wasn't allowed to take it to my seat.

I took the same camera to a Toronto BlueJays MLB game and was told I could use it so long as I didn't use a tripod (I have a mini one).

I was able to walk in with it at a Memphis Grizzlies NBA game and didn't receive any warnings.

I get why the club and professionals don't want them on site but I can't see anything on the Hibs website which states they are or are not allowed.

If the no detachable lens is the case then there are some mighty auto zoom cameras available and also mirrorless ones that look like your average compact but take great shots.

Johnny Clash
26-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Maybe best bet is indeed as Harpy Hibby suggests earlier - if Ross speaks to Callum Landells. That way you'd get pro shots and it's only right if Callum get paid as it's hard enough for photographers to make a living nowadays . If necessary I'm sure we could crowd fund to pay for this.

Since1875Hibs
26-07-2017, 06:37 PM
The purpose of this is to take regular photos of displays/actions during the game of Section 25.

For those who have offered their help, greatly appreciated and would welcome your support.

We are self funded to payments for photos may not be doable and appreciate that this may remove some from looking to help. There may be other ways in which we can "thank" though.

Since1875Hibs
04-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Bump. Please take some photos if you can.

Iain G
04-08-2017, 09:15 AM
The purpose of this is to take regular photos of displays/actions during the game of Section 25.

For those who have offered their help, greatly appreciated and would welcome your support.

We are self funded to payments for photos may not be doable and appreciate that this may remove some from looking to help. There may be other ways in which we can "thank" though.

You will probably need someone with a good quality telephoto or prime lens that can capture a good level of detail as well as wider shots. Probably a dslr needed and sounds like there are issues with stewards if you brandish one? Maybe a mirrorless would work but again would need depend on lens required.