PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV question

H18 SFR
25-07-2017, 11:25 AM
I'm still on ******g holiday missing all these games. See if I join Hibs tv, do I need to join as a UK or the more expensive international subscription to watch the game later?

High-On-Hibs
25-07-2017, 11:30 AM
A UK subscription is for audio only. It's for people in the UK who can't (or are not supposed to) view live video content as they are living in the UK. The international subscription gives you full access to audio and video coverage (as long as you don't have a UK IP Address).

lord bunberry
25-07-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm still on ******g holiday missing all these games. See if I join Hibs tv, do I need to join as a UK or the more expensive international subscription to watch the game later?
Apparently if you are using wifi it will work fine on the uk subscription, but that didn't work for me, all I got was audio. The only thing I didn't try was turning off the data roaming on my iPad and go wifi only.

BurghHibby
25-07-2017, 11:41 AM
If you are accessing the net through a 3G/G UK data account in the EU then it will show up as you are in the UK even though you are EU, other parts of the world shouldn't be affected by this.
If you use a local wi-fi you should be fine.
I've just had this issue while in Italy.

Wee Effen Bee
25-07-2017, 11:59 AM
If you are accessing the net through a 3G/G UK data account in the EU then it will show up as you are in the UK even though you are EU, other parts of the world shouldn't be affected by this.
If you use a local wi-fi you should be fine.
I've just had this issue while in Italy.

Me too. I was in Gran Canaria and could only access audio - which was annoying. I know Hibs were clamping down on people accessing games from the UK but I hope they can introduce something whereby home subscribers can access the games whilst on holiday in the EU. Not going to make a big deal about it though, if it happens, it happens.