PDA

View Full Version : Arbroath

Nakedmanoncrack
25-07-2017, 08:14 AM
It seems to have almost been forgotten that we've got a game tonight, a must win fixture if we are to retain interest in the League Cup.

Brightside
25-07-2017, 08:15 AM
It seems to have almost been forgotten that we've got a game tonight, a must win fixture if we are to retain interest in the League Cup.

Attendance? 6000+

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2017, 08:18 AM
It's one of the two competitions we can realistically win. I want a strong side, a good performance and a few goals.

NthCarolinaHibs
25-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Attendance? 6000+

No far off it I'd imagine... Arbroath are bringing one supporters bus...

Nakedmanoncrack
25-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Attendance? 6000+

Doubtful unless there's a late rush, looking at the dots when I bought mine a couple of days ago there were hardly any seats sold in East, didn't look in the others but all 3 stands were showing 'green'.

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Looking forward to it as I was on holiday abroad for the Montrose game. 4-1 Hibs.

number9dream
25-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Can Matulevicius play?

Fontaine in for McGregor with league opener in mind, maybe another start for F Murray?

Arbroath put four past Montrose on Saturday, so their tails will be up. No room for complacency...

1van Sprou7e
25-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Can Matulevicius play?

Fontaine in for McGregor with league opener in mind, maybe another start for F Murray?

Arbroath put four past Montrose on Saturday, so their tails will be up. No room for complacency...

Not sure but I think I read that he is still waiting for international clearance

mim
25-07-2017, 09:03 AM
This will not be an easy game.
I went to the Arbroath v. Montrose game on Saturday and there was a big gulf in class between the teams.
The Lichties left back looked very good, got forward well and scored the first goal. The number 8 was their main playmaker and looked a bit useful.
Three goals in the last half hour came from substitutes, so there is a bit of strength in depth as well.

Hibs should win, but must not take Arbroath lightly.

GGTTH

Albanian Hibs
25-07-2017, 09:06 AM
First game of season for me due to being on holiday. Looking forward to it.

Allant1981
25-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Can Matulevicius play?

the first league game of the season isn't for a week and a half

Stevie Reid
25-07-2017, 09:12 AM

I really don't think the new League Cup format is helping things - as others have said, it's one of only two things we have a chance of winning, so have to take it seriously, but these games just feel like pre-season ones.

Also, with my ST DD, Lewis' testimonial, and these two home cup games, I'm spending £80 on football in July. Far too much.

Since90+2
25-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Arbroath are obviously a better side than Montrose as they won League 2 last season and I would imagine will be mid table League 1 this year but we should still be miles infront of them.

Anything less than a convicing win will be dissapointing given the gulf in ability between the teams.

BegbieHSC
25-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Attendance? 6000+

we'll be lucky to hit 4,000 looking at e-ticketing!

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Going to have to give this one a miss, probably the first home game I've missed in at least five years, going away on holiday on Thursday and I just cant afford ER tonight as well.

I doubt it will be any better a crowd than against Montrose to be honest, I just don't think these early group games are floating folks boat and crowds in the other clubs games are reflecting that, not just ours.

The upside is that I cant help thinking there's going to be huge excitement around the Partick Thistle game and I can see a crowd of around 16,000 for that one .... in fact possibly bigger, Partick have been playing well and I can see them bringing a healthy support with them.

Jim44
25-07-2017, 09:22 AM

We will probably only qualify from our group as one of the best four second places so our route will be more difficult as a non seeded team. We can overcome that 'tho.

ruthven_raiders
25-07-2017, 09:22 AM
I really don't think the new League Cup format is helping things - as others have said, it's one of only two things we have a chance of winning, so have to take it seriously, but these games just feel like pre-season ones.

Also, with my ST DD, Lewis' testimonial, and these two home cup games, I'm spending £80 on football in July. Far too much.

League cup format doesn't work.....holiday season, costs of games.... Pre season feel.. This tournament has to be a straight knockout with all teams involved from the start.

Cabbage East
25-07-2017, 09:24 AM
The format is really, really bad. These games just feel like friendlies. No wonder people aren't bothered.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Hats off to the authorities for re-introducing the group stages in the LC which were crap the last time they tried it too, just dinnae understand what the thinking was behind the idea. The manager going on about treating the matches as pre-season games isnae going to encourage attendance either.

Hibbyradge
25-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Hats off to the authorities for re-introducing the group stages in the LC which were crap the last time they tried it too, just dinnae understand what the thinking was behind the idea. The manager going on about treating the matches as pre-season games isnae going to encourage attendance either.

I agree, yet many were suggesting this format would compensate for the loss of league games if we moved to a 16 team league.

E10 Rifle
25-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Bring back the Skol Festival Trophy - 4,000 v Manchester City.

BegbieHSC
25-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Well I'll be there, and I'm absolutely buzzing for it!

Canna beat Easter Road under the floodlights, even if it is a ****ty League Cup match in July!

Souter96Mac
25-07-2017, 09:42 AM
At work but don't mind when there's mid week games on when I'm working, makes the shift go quicker! Gutted that it sounds like big dave can't play yet, but it'll still be good to get a strong team out but still giving players a few extra minutes. Another 4-0

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2017, 09:43 AM
I agree, yet many were suggesting this format would compensate for the loss of league games if we moved to a 16 team league.

Yes they were, I think quite a lot of folk thought it would be something worth trying, including me. But so far the signs aren't good and my worry now is that the early rounds are sooking so much interest out of the competition it might even affect the later knock out stages ... Its pretty clear from this experiment that if clubs want to increase the number of matches it has to be through the league format and not the cup competitions.

I have to say that even though I cant afford to go tonight I would have found a way if it had been a league game or a knock out game against a team I would expect to give us a tough game.

I cant help thinking that after having already played twice at home in non ST games already this month and the number of fans who have already forked out for replica strips and stuff a lot of fans are feeling the pinch financially and that's going to have an affect tonight.

Gatecrasher
25-07-2017, 09:49 AM
the crowds weren't much better with the old format. The early stages of the league cup just doesn't attract the crowds.

Franck Stanton
25-07-2017, 09:50 AM
No far off it I'd imagine... Arbroath are bringing one supporters bus...

Bus? Heard it is a tandem. ( with seats available)

KWJ
25-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Defense for the League Cup reshuffle

As the links at the bottom show we were only getting 4-6k for knockout rounds at ER against lower league sides for the League Cup in August and September. If we're getting the same for 2 games then that's twice the money for us as well as a far increased revenue for the smaller teams who it means far more too. Does the gate actually get split 50/50 meaning they'd then get far more than double what they'd receive should they be papped out early doors by a fellow lower league side in front of 100 fans at a fiver a head.

So - Big plus for the lower league sides.

It's a little toe in the water move towards summer football and has all teams and not just those in Europe coming in a bit earlier with competitive games upping the anti rather than friendlies. It's one thing watching Ryan Porteous stroll it at Civil Service in a friendly but there's more on the line in a must win against Montrose. More at stake, and that extends to the first teamers and can be a way of measuring their determination and will to win.

It seems from this thread that it's not succeeding however how many folk were also throwing it in as an obvious way of having more matches should we grow the top flight to 16 or 18.

I like that it's another step up and fits nicely between friendlies and the league campaign. Better get the shock of a poor performance against a lower league team or having our weaknesses against Ross County appear in the cup - where there's space to rectify them than go into the league unprepared. Narrow win at Morton and home defeat to Stranraer spring a memory back in 98.

Holidays are one thing but the attendances for the August September ones show that folk are no less likely to go then and was some of them not with cup top ups? It's more than the football patch that friendlies are and gives us something to talk about amongst all the transfer bull - why would we want to take away the only actual meaningful football.

It doesn't really matter what they do with the League Cup - it doesn't become legitimately exciting for a team like us until around the QFs.

And it's something different, a bit fresh and allows teams to approach it in different manners.

:cb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14539099

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24122117

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28846861

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-07-2017, 10:11 AM
To blame the attendance on the format is another in a long list of something Scottish Football fans will blame for non attendance. I wasn't at the Montrose game due to holiday but will attend tonight. Fans wanted change, we either embrace it and give it a chance, or we disregard it. We can shape our future as well.

Here's a wee table I've created, literally took 5 mins to check back on Wiki to get the figures of the last 5 years in the league cup;

Year
Team
round
Att

13/14

Stranraer
3rd

13/14
Hertz
Quarters

14/15
Dumbarton
2nd

14/15
Dun Utd
Quarters

15/16
Montrose
1st

15/16
Stranraer
2nd

15/16
Aberdeen
3rd

15/16
Dun Utd
Quarters

16/17
QOTS
2nd

17/18
Montrose
1st

We've had quite a few home ties but its clear that early stages of tournaments just don't interest the fans. Whether that is in a knockout or league format is irrelevant

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-07-2017, 10:16 AM
They also play in maroon....:jamboak:

munchar
25-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it suits us? We can experiment a bit, & get games under our belt, and still finish 2nd & qualify. Sounds good to me.

BegbieHSC
25-07-2017, 10:31 AM
To blame the attendance on the format is another in a long list of something Scottish Football fans will blame for non attendance. I wasn't at the Montrose game due to holiday but will attend tonight. Fans wanted change, we either embrace it and give it a chance, or we disregard it. We can shape our future as well.

Here's a wee table I've created, literally took 5 mins to check back on Wiki to get the figures of the last 5 years in the league cup;

Year
Team
round
Att

13/14
Stranraer
3rd

13/14
Hertz
Quarters

14/15
Dumbarton
2nd

14/15
Dun Utd
Quarters

15/16
Montrose
1st

15/16
Stranraer
2nd

15/16
Aberdeen
3rd

15/16
Dun Utd
Quarters

16/17
QOTS
2nd

17/18
Montrose
1st

We've had quite a few home ties but its clear that early stages of tournaments just don't interest the fans. Whether that is in a knockout or league format is irrelevant

Interesting stats!

I have to say, refreshing the dot count, and seeing the abject lack of interest in tonight's game is extremely depressing!

Ronniekirk
25-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Lennon said he was using these games as part of the pre Season build up Although i have got a Season Ticket i am not going to any of the games prior to the Thistle game , but went to lewis testimonial
Midweek games in this competition when you live in the West are not attractive given the opposition

KWJ
25-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Interesting stats!

I have to say, refreshing the dot count, and seeing the abject lack of interest in tonight's game is extremely depressing!

Look at any league game instead :greengrin

I've defended the League Cup but I'm not going tonight and I didn't go to the Montrose game. I've spent £100 on Hibs already this month and that's double what I'm trying to limit myself to. As Steven Reid said, that's a fair whack to spend on football in July.

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2017, 10:45 AM
This will not be an easy game.
I went to the Arbroath v. Montrose game on Saturday and there was a big gulf in class between the teams.
The Lichties left back looked very good, got forward well and scored the first goal. The number 8 was their main playmaker and looked a bit useful.
Three goals in the last half hour came from substitutes, so there is a bit of strength in depth as well.

Hibs should win, but must not take Arbroath lightly.

GGTTH

If we don't win by at least 3 goals I won't be too pleased

patlowe
25-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Defense for the League Cup reshuffle

As the links at the bottom show we were only getting 4-6k for knockout rounds at ER against lower league sides for the League Cup in August and September. If we're getting the same for 2 games then that's twice the money for us as well as a far increased revenue for the smaller teams who it means far more too. Does the gate actually get split 50/50 meaning they'd then get far more than double what they'd receive should they be papped out early doors by a fellow lower league side in front of 100 fans at a fiver a head.

So - Big plus for the lower league sides.

It's a little toe in the water move towards summer football and has all teams and not just those in Europe coming in a bit earlier with competitive games upping the anti rather than friendlies. It's one thing watching Ryan Porteous stroll it at Civil Service in a friendly but there's more on the line in a must win against Montrose. More at stake, and that extends to the first teamers and can be a way of measuring their determination and will to win.

It seems from this thread that it's not succeeding however how many folk were also throwing it in as an obvious way of having more matches should we grow the top flight to 16 or 18.

I like that it's another step up and fits nicely between friendlies and the league campaign. Better get the shock of a poor performance against a lower league team or having our weaknesses against Ross County appear in the cup - where there's space to rectify them than go into the league unprepared. Narrow win at Morton and home defeat to Stranraer spring a memory back in 98.

Holidays are one thing but the attendances for the August September ones show that folk are no less likely to go then and was some of them not with cup top ups? It's more than the football patch that friendlies are and gives us something to talk about amongst all the transfer bull - why would we want to take away the only actual meaningful football.

It doesn't really matter what they do with the League Cup - it doesn't become legitimately exciting for a team like us until around the QFs.

And it's something different, a bit fresh and allows teams to approach it in different manners.

:cb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14539099

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24122117

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28846861

Good post.

.Sean.
25-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Nobody answering the number on the back of the card, can't pick a seat on eticketing cause I'm using an iPhone and ticketmaster just leave you on hold. Are Hibs no wanting anyone to go the night? 🙄 Must be the only club in the world with thousands of empty seats who make it mission impossible to get a ticket

kaimendhibs
25-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Nobody answering the number on the back of the card, can't pick a seat on eticketing cause I'm using an iPhone and ticketmaster just leave you on hold. Are Hibs no wanting anyone to go the night? [emoji849] Must be the only club in the world with thousands of empty seats who make it mission impossible to get a ticketSeen loads on twitter and facebook from the club advertising tickets on sale. There will be cash pods too no doubt

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
25-07-2017, 11:18 AM
When I was down yesterday woman says it's not selling well at all. I never asked how many tickets had been sold but I'm expecting another 5k.

Famous Fiver
25-07-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm going.

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2017, 11:23 AM
The big team got under 6k against East Fife on a weekend im sure. These early stages just aren't appealing to fans.

Monts
25-07-2017, 11:27 AM

In that scenario they would be Saturday games and included in season tickets. Crowds would be much higher.

Keith_M
25-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Attendance? 6000+

Maybe should have just closed a couple of stands for this and the Montrose game and saved a bit of money.

This seems to be a common problem in this competition as Hearts only had 6k at home to East Fife as well.

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2017, 01:54 PM
At least the plus side is summer football threads should be a thing of the past 😉

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 02:03 PM
I'm going tonight but just coz I miss the football...its not an appealing fixture at all and people don't have endless supplies of cash having forked out for ST s , new strips, summer hols etc. Think Hibs pricing is wrong imo 13 - 15 quid is very expensive - not sure if there is a minimum price set by the SPFL or Not?? Anyway don't think anyone can grumble at our fans in a year where we have sold over 12k ST's and had record crowds in championship last year

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lucky
25-07-2017, 02:06 PM
At least the plus side is summer football threads should be a thing of the past 😉

If this was a league match there would 15000 there tonight. Summer football is the way forward for Scottish football

Brightside
25-07-2017, 02:11 PM
If this was a league match there would 15000 there tonight. Summer football is the way forward for Scottish football

Not a chance would there be 15000 at this game if it was a league match. You are basically saying that 10000 aren't bothered going coz its the League Cup??

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Not a chance would there be 15000 at this game if it was a league match. You are basically saying that 10000 aren't bothered going coz its the League Cup??

Our league average was over 15k last season so he's probably correct

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 02:16 PM

Aye so it is, were you at Selkirk on Sunday? Horrendous weather, if the game was played on Saturday it would have been worse.

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2017, 02:18 PM

There will be 15,000 at Hibs home games in December. Summer football even in the scorching heat of Leith would not attract more fans.

Brightside
25-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Our league average was over 15k last season so he's probably correct

On a Tuesday night in July?

Bishop Hibee
25-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Aye so it is, were you at Selkirk on Sunday? Horrendous weather, if the game was played on Saturday it would have been worse.

I didn't get my wind-up across properly. I'm totally against competitive football in June and July.

Big_Franck
25-07-2017, 02:27 PM
I've got a ST again this year but I didn't go to the Montrose game and I have no interest in going to tonight's game. £15 for what is basically a training match against plumbers, painters and PE teachers doesn't appeal to me at all.

Hopefully big Deivy's clearance comes through in time and he can get some game time tonight though.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I didn't get my wind-up across properly. I'm totally against competitive football in June and July.

I quoted the wrong post, I meant to quote Luckys post. Oops. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:14 PM
I've got a ST again this year but I didn't go to the Montrose game and I have no interest in going to tonight's game. £15 for what is basically a training match against plumbers, painters and PE teachers doesn't appeal to me at all.

Hopefully big Deivy's clearance comes through in time and he can get some game time tonight though.

It would have been £13 if you'd bought it before the deadline.

Famous Fiver
25-07-2017, 03:18 PM
The the Rangers didn't do too well against a team with three window cleaners in it the other week so I wouldn't diss Arbroath just yet.

Quite happy to do so at 9.45 tonight but until then I'll reserve my judgement.

I hope to see us get some momentum going and see Lennon's team take shape.

Souter96Mac
25-07-2017, 03:19 PM
I wonder if Lenny will rotate the team a bit, wouldn't mind seeing Porteous back in the side, and maybe start Shaw up to next to S. Murray.

hfc rd
25-07-2017, 03:23 PM

NL mentioned in his presser that Dave's clearance didn't come through in time for him to play tonight.

Looks like it'll be this weekend when we see both Lithuanian lads make their debuts along with Stokesy 😊

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:23 PM
I wonder if Lenny will rotate the team a bit, wouldn't mind seeing Porteous back in the side, and maybe start Shaw up to next to S. Murray.

Strongest to start the match, get job done then change it about.

frazeHFC
25-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Was disappointed when I seen that Dave couldn't play, was looking forward to seeing him in action. Hopefully a comfortable win tonight.

inglisavhibs
25-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm going tonight but just coz I miss the football...its not an appealing fixture at all and people don't have endless supplies of cash having forked out for ST s , new strips, summer hols etc. Think Hibs pricing is wrong imo 13 - 15 quid is very expensive - not sure if there is a minimum price set by the SPFL or Not?? Anyway don't think anyone can grumble at our fans in a year where we have sold over 12k ST's and had record crowds in championship last year

Dick Campbell's teams are rarely easy to beat and they are a step up from Montrose. Going along anyway, hopefully see a decent game.

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Tonight is my first game of the season, normal service has resumed.

Keith_M
25-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Tonight is my first game of the season, normal service has resumed.

Cool, you can do the updates on the Match Thread

:greengrin

Onceinawhile
25-07-2017, 05:47 PM
STARTING XI | Laidlaw, Ambrose, Fontaine, Porteous, Gray, Whittaker, McGinn, Swanson, Stevenson, S Murray, Boyle.

Any idea on formation?

Speedway
25-07-2017, 05:49 PM
I make that a 3-5-2

Lee Marvin
25-07-2017, 05:49 PM
STARTING XI | Laidlaw, Ambrose, Fontaine, Porteous, Gray, Whittaker, McGinn, Swanson, Stevenson, S Murray, Boyle.

Any idea on formation?

3-5-2 with whittaker centre midfield

Big_Franck
25-07-2017, 05:50 PM

Any idea on formation?

Looks like a 3-5-2 to me.

Back 3 of Ambrose, Fontaine and Porteous with Gray right wing back and Stevenson left wing back. Midfield 3 of McGinn, Whittaker and Swanson with Murray and Boyle up top would be my guess from looking at the starting 11.

70KevinHFC62
25-07-2017, 05:52 PM
3-4-3
ambrose fonts porteous
Gray Whittaker mcginn lewy
Boyle Murray swanson

steelendhibs
25-07-2017, 05:53 PM
3-4-3
ambrose fonts porteous
Boyle Murray swanson

Subbies?

Onceinawhile
25-07-2017, 05:55 PM
SUBS | Marciano, Crane, Bartley, Martin, Stirling, F Murray, Shaw.

Looking at that, we're still a few short even with the two Lithuanian and stokes (if he signs.)

70KevinHFC62
25-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Subbies?

oneone73
25-07-2017, 05:57 PM

McGeouch just being rested, I hope. I wouldn't play him at Alloa either.

70KevinHFC62
25-07-2017, 05:59 PM
McGeouch just being rested, I hope. I wouldn't play him at Alloa either.

I would have Dylan no where near that alloa pitch. I think we just need to look after him the right way but would like to have seen him get a bit of time tonight

Speedway
25-07-2017, 06:02 PM

Looking at that, we're still a few short even with the two Lithuanian and stokes (if he signs.)

2 liths
Stokes
Hanlon
McGregor
McGeough

Not quoted tonight.

RoxburghHibs
25-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Looks like a 3-5-2 to me.

Back 3 of Ambrose, Fontaine and Porteous with Gray right wing back and Stevenson left wing back. Midfield 3 of McGinn, Whittaker and Swanson with Murray and Boyle up top would be my guess from looking at the starting 11.

Yeah that formation is most likely.

Big_Franck
25-07-2017, 06:03 PM
3-4-3
ambrose fonts porteous
Boyle Murray swanson

Lennon just confirmed on BBC Sportsound that it's a 3-5-2 with a midfield consisting of Swanson, McGinn and Whittaker in there.

He said Deivy's registration came through today so i'd guess he'll play some part on sat. Also said discussions with Stokes are ongoing.

On Slivka he said he hopes the paperwork will be done in the next 24 hours and that it'll be a permanent deal, not a loan.

Souter96Mac
25-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Had a feeling there would be rotation. Still a strong lineup, but hope Dylan is ok... pleased see Porteous start, really impressed by him

Onceinawhile
25-07-2017, 06:07 PM
2 liths
Stokes
Hanlon
McGregor
McGeough

Not quoted tonight.

Was somehow forgetting about McGregor and mcgeough! If we can expect Shaw, Murray and porteous to contribute, then we are probably doing not too bad then.

Souter96Mac
25-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Lennon just confirmed on BBC Sportsound that it's a 3-5-2 with a midfield consisting of Swanson, McGinn and Whittaker in there.

He said Deivy's registration came through today so i'd guess he'll play some part on sat. Also said discussions with Stokes are ongoing.

On Slivka he said he hopes the paperwork will be done in the next 24 hours and that it'll be a permanent deal, not a loan.

If he's not good enough for Juve, is he even Hibs class?

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 06:11 PM
2 liths
Stokes
Hanlon
McGregor
McGeough

Not quoted tonight.Was just gonna say not that short when u include both liths and hopefully Stokesy plus the like of Dylan and Daz

Aldo
25-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Hibs win 3 or 4 nil with a Simon Murray Double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Cool, you can do the updates on the Match Thread

:greengrin

The match hasn't even started yet and I'm disappointed. The steps in the stand haven't been painted and there are still only 3 sets of row letters on steps in my block. This despite it being given raised through several different channels several times. Inside looks like a tatty **** hole. The game had better be good ;-)

Big_Franck
25-07-2017, 06:16 PM
If he's not good enough for Juve, is he even Hibs class?

I dunno but he is Lithuanian and I associate Lithuanians with the yams so I can't wait for him to misplace a pass so I can lose the heid screaming at him.

Pete
25-07-2017, 06:26 PM
I dunno but he is Lithuanian and I associate Lithuanians with the yams so I can't wait for him to misplace a pass so I can lose the heid screaming at him.

That's why I'll be referring to them as Dave and Bob from now on.

Speedway
25-07-2017, 06:28 PM
That's why I'll be referring to them as Dave and Bob from now on.

Do you reckon Bob can do a job?

Speedway
25-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Was somehow forgetting about McGregor and mcgeough! If we can expect Shaw, Murray and porteous to contribute, then we are probably doing not too bad then.

Brian 'frank' Graham not quoted either.

70KevinHFC62

Was just thinking NL might have looked at something completely new with the formation and the players seemed to fit the 3-4-3 but not unhappy with the choice at all

Joe6-2

Ha ha

JohnMcM
25-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Not there again for this one. To be honest, I would like a very comfortable and commanding win to boost (my) confidence for the coming season after the end result against the Staggies.

Putting my tin hat on to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we should've put that one away?

:offski:

:flag:

Captain Trips
25-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Hibs win 3 or 4 nil with a Simon Murray Double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im thinking Murray double as well

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2017, 06:49 PM

Any idea on formation?

Six defenders ..... I mean six defenders ..... Are we away to Celtic tonight?

JohnMcM
25-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Trying something different? Or, maybe seeing this as a must win?

Mr White
25-07-2017, 06:56 PM

Or Whittaker in midfield and Gray and Stevenson as wingbacks so 3 defenders?

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Or Whittaker in midfield and Gray and Stevenson as wingbacks so 3 defenders?

I know mate, I was only having a laugh ..... having said that, if we fail to score at least 4 goals I will say ... 'why the hell did we play with 6 defenders?'

Mr White
25-07-2017, 07:03 PM
I know mate, I was only having a laugh ..... having said that, if we fail to score at least 4 goals I will say ... 'why the hell did we play with 6 defenders?'

Fair enough :greengrin

Speedway
25-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Goal!

offshorehibby
25-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Swanson bloons a penalty over the bar.