PDA

View Full Version : No excuses

Jonnyboy
24-07-2017, 09:08 PM
I make no excuses for borrowing this from the Vault. Such unbounded joy to be a Hibernian on that fantastic day

PS The songs great too - who is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNzQa6AaHI&feature=youtu.be

Mon Dieu4
24-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I make no excuses for borrowing this from the Vault. Such unbounded joy to be a Hibernian on that fantastic day

Great video. The song is Biblical by Biffy Clyro

3pm
24-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Tremendous.

Jonnyboy
24-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Great video. The song is Biblical by Biffy Clyro

Seems to totally suit the video :thumbsup:

3pm
24-07-2017, 09:17 PM
I had no idea Stokes scored the equaliser until about 6pm!

Thought it was Hanlon!!

MKHIBEE
24-07-2017, 09:26 PM
I had no idea Stokes scored the equaliser until about 6pm!

Thought it was Hanlon!!

14 months is a long time to party.

3pm
24-07-2017, 09:37 PM
14 months is a long time to party.

:o)

Hibernian Verse
24-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Great video. The song is Biblical by Biffy ClyroMy favourite song, and now my favourite video. Superb.

Biffy really are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
24-07-2017, 09:45 PM
An incredible Cup run with the ultimate in hoodoo busting endings. Easy to forget the ICT replay was the game after the League Cup final defeat.i didn't give us a chance but the team did the business. Never get bored of watching the goals.

overdrive
24-07-2017, 10:37 PM
My favourite song, and now my favourite video. Superb.

Biffy really are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Even better given who they support :-)

CL0762
24-07-2017, 11:07 PM
I genuinely still well up when I see that goal from Gray.

What a day.

JimBHibees
24-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Brilliant and the music totally fits. :flag:

edinburghhibee
24-07-2017, 11:32 PM
An incredible Cup run with the ultimate in hoodoo busting endings. Easy to forget the ICT replay was the game after the League Cup final defeat.i didn't give us a chance but the team did the business. Never get bored of watching the goals.

The Inverness replay was horrible to watch we missed chance after chance but in the end ICT came back at us and at one point I thought they looked the likely to win! Thank god we held on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24-07-2017, 11:34 PM

ICT replay was the best game of the cup run for me (pre final). Beating hearts was nice but ultimately meant hee haw without winning it. 3 days after a disappointing final, a massive support given the circumstances, an overnight stay in Inverness and loads of expat hibs fans who were over for the league cup final and decided to travel to Inverness.

It had the feel of a european game given the requirement for holidays and an overnight stay. Then the match seemed to entirely go our way, including a bizarre booking for Oxley that resulted in Conrad coming in. Unbelievable to look back on it and how it seems so scripted.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2017, 05:52 AM

I thought they are Killie fans?

Salisbury Hibby
25-07-2017, 05:57 AM
I thought they are Killie fans?Maybe getting confused with Frightened Rabbit who are definitely jambos.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
25-07-2017, 06:38 AM

Defo fans of the pies.

Juice-Terry
25-07-2017, 06:47 AM
Decent day.

Aldo
25-07-2017, 07:38 AM

Superb and will never ever get fed up of watching that!

Sent a shiver down my spine even though I'm sitting in 30 degrees heat!

[emoji106]

Billy Whizz
25-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Just watched it, and can't be bothered going to work today
Get me in the mood for tonight's game

Yuillsy
25-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Brilliant. Love it when the song hits the chorus just as Malonga's shot hits the net!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mjhibby
25-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Superb and will never ever get fed up of watching that!

Sent a shiver down my spine even though I'm sitting in 30 degrees heat!

[emoji106]

I wondered if the amazing effect of this video would fade with time. Not a jot. Great tune as well. Suits the video perfectly.

surreyhibbie
25-07-2017, 08:27 AM
I wondered if the amazing effect of this video would fade with time. Not a jot. Great tune as well. Suits the video perfectly.

Just watched it twice, once with the sound on!

Great song. might have to buy that album, and the video is brilliant.

Will never tire of watching that, and it still makes my eyes leak a wee bit...:agree:

1van Sprou7e
25-07-2017, 08:33 AM

I don't think any of them are Hibbies

One Day Soon
25-07-2017, 09:11 AM
That is just gorgeous. A thing of sublime beauty.

Still not ashamed to say I'd tears running down my face watching it here in the office. That commentator really added a timeless element to the whole thing too. His words when Gray scores the winner and at the final whistle are just perfect.

There was something so deeply emotionally changing about that whole experience that it was almost religious.

It is the most complete, most perfect, most emotional Scottish Cup win of all time.

overdrive
25-07-2017, 09:22 AM

Simon Neil is definitely a Sevco fan

Billychaotic182
25-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Ben and James are 100% Killie fans

brog
25-07-2017, 09:43 AM

That's brilliant John. For some reason I never saw that one before despite my wife claiming I'd seen every video at least 100 times!

jacomo
25-07-2017, 11:07 AM

From Kilmarnock as well aren't they?

Tsk tsk.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Maybe getting confused with Frightened Rabbit who are definitely jambos.

It's tough when your two favourite bands are Rangers and Hearts fans respectively, but they do make good music.

Also, Scott Hutchison is a good Fifer!

jacomo
25-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Maybe getting confused with Frightened Rabbit who are definitely jambos.

Jambos who make good music. Now that is rare.

BSEJVT
25-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Still get the goose bumps and a tear in the eye every time I watch anything relating to that day.

Whatever pain Hibs have put me through over the last 50 years and whatever pain there may be to come is more than washed away by that day and my memories of it.

GGTTH

snooky
25-07-2017, 02:52 PM
That is just gorgeous. A thing of sublime beauty.

Still not ashamed to say I'd tears running down my face watching it here in the office. That commentator really added a timeless element to the whole thing too. His words when Gray scores the winner and at the final whistle are just perfect.

There was something so deeply emotionally changing about that whole experience that it was almost religious.

It is the most complete, most perfect, most emotional Scottish Cup win of all time.

:agree: When will we see the likes again? If ever.

Joe6-2
25-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Can't see it 😒

Robinho08
25-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Magic! :flag::greengrin

Glory Lurker
25-07-2017, 08:34 PM
I could never be sure if this was an official film or someone put it together. Does anyone know? It's a belter, whatever.

BBC used the same tune in a wee segment at the start of their coverage. It involved a guy in a Hibs kit and the same guy, I think, in a Rangers kit. The Hibs one didn't have the sponsor on it, which was weird.

Jonnyboy
02-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Had to bring this thread back, to celebrate our wonderful club and to refresh our memories on just what a player on fire can achieve :greengrin