PDA

View Full Version : TIFOs

1959 Hibby
24-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I stumbled across this display from a recent Portland v Seattle game in the US - would be great to see a similar welcome for e.g. the Huns at Easter Road

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2016/07/portland_timbers_welcome_seatt.html

Ozyhibby
24-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I stumbled across this display from a recent Portland v Seattle game in the US - would be great to see a similar welcome for e.g. the Huns at Easter Road

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2016/07/portland_timbers_welcome_seatt.html

Love that. I know they are not popular with people on here but I think they definitely add to the atmosphere at a game and Easter road has been a much better place since the singing section got up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
24-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Shocking use of a Pyro,any reports of the injured.

GreenCastle
24-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Hopefully we see some exciting displays this season.

Being in the top tier allows them to try a few different things if they planned it to have some people in bottom tier helping with holding up the art work.

I'm sure the Hibs kids etc would love to wave flags etc in lower tier too.

SChibs
24-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Shocking use of a Pyro,any reports of the injured.

No pyro no party

KWJ
24-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Probably not the spot to ask but is it not a bit odd having the singing section in the family stand? Are they only allowed to sing clean chants?

NAE NOOKIE
24-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Probably not the spot to ask but is it not a bit odd having the singing section in the family stand? Are they only allowed to sing clean chants?

****ing hope no :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
24-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Hopefully we see some exciting displays this season.

Being in the top tier allows them to try a few different things if they planned it to have some people in bottom tier helping with holding up the art work.

I'm sure the Hibs kids etc would love to wave flags etc in lower tier too.

I think the odd TIFO would work well if it covered both decks, but they would only be allowed before the game starts for obvious reasons ... what wont be allowed is flags and banners draped over the front of the upper deck throughout the game, the companies paying for adverts on the front of the upper deck will be none too pleased if banners or flags are hung over them.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2017, 07:34 PM
I think the odd TIFO would work well if it covered both decks, but they would only be allowed before the game starts for obvious reasons ... what wont be allowed is flags and banners draped over the front of the upper deck throughout the game, the companies paying for adverts on the front of the upper deck will be none too pleased if banners or flags are hung over them.

I think those companies would be delighted with the exposure a half decent Tifo display would bring them. Think it's one sponsor for the whole stand now so it would not be completely covered.

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2017, 09:32 AM
I think those companies would be delighted with the exposure a half decent Tifo display would bring them. Think it's one sponsor for the whole stand now so it would not be completely covered.

I wasn't meaning a Tifo display Ozy ..... a Tifo that covered the stand would obviously only be allowed prior to kick off because it would stop folk seeing the game otherwise. What I'm talking about is banners or flags hung over the front of the top deck during the match which obscure any sponsors message, or even a part of the message ..... from my point of view I would quite like to see that part of the ground left without an advert to allow flags and stuff to be displayed, but until such a thing happens, which I doubt it will, Hibs wont countenance anything that might upset a sponsor IMO.