PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAUL HANLON PLEASED TO BE BACK

RSS Bot
24-07-2017, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7712)

RyeSloan
24-07-2017, 10:06 AM
IF that heralds the fact that he has got over the injury and just needs some training and sharpness back then that's brilliant news...Paul is a class act and a player we always miss when he's out.

Souter96Mac
24-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Spoilt for choice in defence these days. Not even sure what my preferred centre back pairing would be, glad I'm not the gaffer! Can see Porteous perhaps being a long term replacement for the likes of McGregor and fonts, what with them getting on.

flash
24-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Like a new signing he has been out so long

yonder1875
24-07-2017, 11:29 AM
How did he play yesterday for anyone who went?

Galahibby
24-07-2017, 11:40 AM
How did he play yesterday for anyone who went?

Strolled through it and was head and shoulders above everyone else.

SirDavidsNapper
24-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Always feel we are a better team when Paul is in it

Allant1981
24-07-2017, 11:48 AM
who gets dropped though if only going 2 centre halfs, id rather have ambrose and mcgregor but he may go 3 at the back

Brightside
24-07-2017, 11:52 AM
who gets dropped though if only going 2 centre halfs, id rather have ambrose and mcgregor but he may go 3 at the back

Ambrose and McGregor are both right footed - i think we are better with a more natural LCB.... personally i'd also go a 3 with Ambrose in the middle.

Since90+2
24-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Will be interesting to see who Lennon goes with at centre half when everyone is fit. I get the feeling he wont drop McGregor as he likes his tenacity and leadership so could be between Hanlon and Ambrose if we are playing a flat back 4.

GreenOnions
24-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Will be interesting to see who Lennon goes with at centre half when everyone is fit. I get the feeling he wont drop McGregor as he likes his tenacity and leadership so could be between Hanlon and Ambrose if we are playing a flat back 4.

Personally I'd always have all three in the team. If it's a back four then Hanlon or Ambrose could play in defensive midfield.

Either way it's great to hear Paul is fit again.

Baw187
24-07-2017, 12:35 PM
It really is going to be a conundrum when all CBs are fit. It is good to have the option of 3 at the back for certain games and situations but a flat back 4 will be the most used formation I reckon.

Mixing them around each game may help for when the fixtures come thick and fast but does nothing for being settled at the back.

Tough call for Lennon!

Centre Hawf
24-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Im a fan of a 3, but if we have to go with a 2 I know who my week in week out pairing is and its Paul and Darren for me.

hfc rd
24-07-2017, 07:10 PM
It really is going to be a conundrum when all CBs are fit. It is good to have the option of 3 at the back for certain games and situations but a flat back 4 will be the most used formation I reckon.

Mixing them around each game may help for when the fixtures come thick and fast but does nothing for being settled at the back.

Tough call for Lennon!

A good headache for Lennon to have though.

Really cannot remember the last time we had this much strength in depth at CB!

Hibi
24-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Im a fan of a 3, but if we have to go with a 2 I know who my week in week out pairing is and its Paul and Darren for me.

Agreed. Back line isn't the same with Hanlon out and or ambrose in.

B.H.F.C
24-07-2017, 07:14 PM

Hanlon and McGregor for me as well if we are playing with 2 centre halves.

Efe is probably the best individual, but I think we are collectively better with those two. Leaked a lot more goals in the second half of last season when they got split up.

Hibi
24-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Hanlon and McGregor for me as well if we are playing with 2 centre halves.

Efe is probably the best individual, but I think we are collectively better with those two. Leaked a lot more goals in the second half of last season when they got split up.

Definitely. On Friday night Ross County got most of their joy down Ambrose side, long balls which should have been meat and drink to our back line put us under pressure. I do rate ambrose and as you say possibly technically the best out them all, but I'm more comfortable the Hanlon and McGregor.

Smartie
24-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Glad it's not just me but if it's a 2 then it's McGregor and Hanlon.

It remains to be seen how Hanlon bounces back from this injury though. I've heard a few whispers that the recovery from surgery has been far from straightforward and a lot of what has gone on has taken people a bit by surprise - it has been far from a routine injury with a routine recovery.

I do think that the 3 of the could work well, and I think the players we have could be perfect for playing 3-5-2 against most teams in the Premier League.

For a start it would stop Murray from being as isolated as he was on Friday night, which along with the shakiness (rustiness?) that Ambrose showed at times were our biggest problems.