PDA

View Full Version : Leeann in the Sunday Sun.

where'stheslope
23-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Great centre spread in the Sunday Sun about Leeann.

Really say everything that has been said on here and some things from her own back ground.

Now we are in the Premiership people are starting to take note at the reasons we finally got here!

Long overdue that she is finally getting recognition outside of Hibernian.

Jack Hackett
23-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Great centre spread in the Sunday Sun about Leeann.

Really say everything that has been said on here and some things from her own back ground.

Now we are in the Premiership people are starting to take note at the reasons we finally got here!

Long overdue that she is finally getting recognition outside of Hibernian.

Eh, no... it's not. Let's keep her our little secret :wink:

PeeKay
23-07-2017, 03:04 PM
To be fair, I think she was already getting recognition when she was with Motherwell.

H18 SFR
23-07-2017, 03:46 PM
I really hope that she has a massive sell on clause in her contract.

danhibees1875
23-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I really hope that she has a massive sell on clause in her contract.

Motherwell are due 33% :wink:

Nemo
23-07-2017, 03:57 PM
“There was a time, not that long ago really, when we’d be competing against Championship and League One wages.
“Now it’s League Two and even the Conference."

thats F*****d up

Spike Mandela
Isn't it funny how things work out.

Leeann has been in chage of Hibs for the longest period in the lower leagues in my lifetime yet her popularity rating is probably the highest I can remember.

I admire the job she is doing greatly but I await any announcement the SPFL board have regarding Rangers and revisiting the EBT years LNS commission. If she amongst others abdicate their responsibilities like the SFA did then I will be extremely disappointed .

Keith_M
Motherwell are due 33% :wink:

I think Hearts offered 150k in January.

bingo70
23-07-2017, 04:10 PM
I think she's done a good job and deserves credit but I find all the OTT adulation a bit patronising to be honest.

I'm sure I'll get stick for saying this but I personally think if it was a man in charge there would be a lot less said about them.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Isn't it funny how things work out.

Leeann has been in chage of Hibs for the longest period in the lower leagues in my lifetime yet her popularity rating is probably the highest I can remember.

I admire the job she is doing greatly but I await any announcement the SPFL board have regarding Rangers and revisiting the EBT years LNS commission. If she amongst others abdicate their responsibilities like the SFA did then I will be extremely disappointed .

It's a very good point. The people running the club need to show real leadership here. Doing the right thing is never the wrong thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
23-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I think she's done a good job and deserves credit but I find all the OTT adulation a bit patronising to be honest.

I'm sure I'll get stick for saying this but I personally think if it was a man in charge there would be a lot less said about them.

I disagree. She has done a good job and deserves the praise. If a guy had done the same, I reckon he'd get just as much.

bingo70
23-07-2017, 04:34 PM
I disagree. She has done a good job and deserves the praise. If a guy had done the same, I reckon he'd get just as much.

I think if a guy was in charge more would have been made out of us spending three years in the championship and missing out on some high profile targets. There's also been a couple of own goals recently imo in terms of the treatment of the people that have sat in the FF upper that are being moved and the closure of the BTG bar.

Overall she's done a good job and I don't dispute she deserves praise I just think some of it is a bit OTT and that some of it comes across as a bit patronising.

marinello59
23-07-2017, 04:42 PM

Adulation? Hibs fans recognise that she has done a good job. Her gender does not matter at all.

AlbertK86
23-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Anybody got a link ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

bingo70
23-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Adulation? Hibs fans recognise that she has done a good job. Her gender does not matter at all.

Just my opinion.

As a football fan to an extent I don't really care what goes on in the boardroom. IMO if the clubs being run well then I personally want to be talking about what's happening on the pitch and that's normally what happens.

When we had a great team under Mcleish was there lots of praise for whoever was in charge then? It's a different generation and a different time with internet more accessible so I know it's a bit different but I don't remember whoever it was getting any praise and we were a better team than we are now, or have been over the last few years.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Hadn't given it a thought that she's a woman. She's doing a good job but her biggest test awaits.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2017, 05:28 PM

Totally disagree.

The praise she has received is all down to the fact that her predecessors were completely inept at engaging with the supporters and she has totally transformed that side of the club. We had no real leadership at the club, at least not in a public sense.

If she had been a man she would have had the same praise. I couldn't care less about someone's gender, if they do a good job then that's all that matters.

Col2
23-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Does every thread on Hibs.net have to turn into an argument and a focus on the negatives. She has transformed our club, she had lead us through some very difficult times, engaged the supporters and been part of era where the club has reborn.

Vault Boy
23-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Totally disagree.

The praise she has received is all down to the fact that her predecessors were completely inept at engaging with the supporters and she has totally transformed that side of the club. We had no real leadership at the club, at least not in a public sense.

If she had been a man she would have had the same praise. I couldn't care less about someone's gender, if they do a good job then that's all that matters.

Couldn't agree more.

BSEJVT
23-07-2017, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Col2;5111877]Does every thread on Hibs.net have to turn into an argument and a focus on the negatives. QUOTE]

I am afraid that seems to be the way, the above and yet another attempt to regurgitate and reapportion blame for a part of our past I am thankful we have moved on from.

I do wonder that if I am spared another 40 years on this green earth whether I will still be reading Hibs Net and reading threads about Petrie's decades of mismanagement and the unnecessary replacement of the East Stand.

I would say one of the greatest gifts I was lucky to be born with was the ability to look forward to the future and not look back to the past with any regrets only to the wonderful memories.

Its like being sick, once its out there is nothing you can do about it, only clean it up and get on with rest of your life.

Quite why folk want to spend years harking back to something they cant change I have never understood.

Tamhere1875
23-07-2017, 07:10 PM
The Sunday Sun a newspaper no true decent football supporter should never go near

Lago
23-07-2017, 07:13 PM
The Sunday Sun a newspaper no true decent football supporter should never go near
Why?

Cracker
23-07-2017, 07:30 PM
So Leeann is not a true decent football supporter , you guys do my head in! Sad person!

Hibby Bairn
23-07-2017, 07:39 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1319542/hibs-chief-leeann-dempster-thought-shed-be-at-motherwell-for-three-months-now-football-is-her-life/

Nakedmanoncrack
23-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Agreed, and no doubt someone will be along to ask why soon.

w pilton hibby
23-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Agreed, and no doubt someone will be along to ask who soon.

Who?

Itsnoteasy
23-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Got to agree she has done a good job. But the way she handled the situation with the lift & singing section in FF upper was very poor. Fobbing people off with excuses with regards to seat relocation.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Got to agree she has done a good job. But the way she handled the situation with the lift & singing section in FF upper was very poor. Fobbing people off with excuses with regards to seat relocation.

But, but.... you can't say that.

oneone73
23-07-2017, 08:19 PM

And HSL loyalty points.

Bay Area Hibees
23-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Does every thread on Hibs.net have to turn into an argument and a focus on the negatives. She has transformed our club, she had lead us through some very difficult times, engaged the supporters and been part of era where the club has reborn.

Thank you.
FFS some folk not happen unless complaining or taking a contrarian stance.
And as for point about her positive press as she's a woman, can you imagine how much harder it has been for her to be taken seriously because she's not a man?
Hope we hold on to her.

Wee Effen Bee
23-07-2017, 08:52 PM
And HSL loyalty points.

...aye, and the way she styles her hair. :agree: Some people think she's great others think she's OK. Some think she could do more - some think she's done more than enough. Change the name 'Leanne' to any other person with responsibility for an institution - especially one with emotional ties - and you will generate exactly the same mixed response.
Personally, I think she has transformed Hibs and we are probably in a much better state than we have been for a while now.

jacomo
23-07-2017, 08:54 PM
It's a very good point. The people running the club need to show real leadership here. Doing the right thing is never the wrong thing to do.

That's Rods department.

LD tends to avoid the football politics.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 08:55 PM
That's Rods department.

LD tends to avoid the football politics.

She was on the SPFL board last season, was she not?

Lago
23-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Agreed, and no doubt someone will be along to ask why soon.
I already did, still not had an answer.

pacorosssco
23-07-2017, 09:28 PM
...aye, and the way she styles her hair. :agree: Some people think she's great others think she's OK. Some think she could do more - some think she's done more than enough. Change the name 'Leanne' to any other person with responsibility for an institution - especially one with emotional ties - and you will generate exactly the same mixed response.
Personally, I think she has transformed Hibs and we are probably in a much better state than we have been for a while now.

Yes I agree she has transformed Hibs. Motherwell have also gone backwards since she left

jacomo
23-07-2017, 10:38 PM
She was on the SPFL board last season, was she not?

Must admit I didn't know that.

Phil MaGlass
24-07-2017, 05:11 AM
I´m surprised nobody has posted "she wont be at Hibs long" yet. She has done a very good job and long may it continue.

matty_f
24-07-2017, 05:48 AM
But, but.... you can't say that.

Looks like they can say that.

mjhibby
24-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Yes I agree she has transformed Hibs. Motherwell have also gone backwards since she left

For all she has done the two most important things she has done is appointing the last two managers. Stubbsy restored pride to our club which had only 8 registered players when he took over and if course won the holy grail which really has transformed the club massively. And also appointing lennys after stubbs left and he of course achieved promotion. Top six is this seasons target and top four the year after. She is one impressive lady and the hugs she was getting from the players after the cup final shows she really gets the club and I think the players appreciate what she's done. Rod,for all everybody says about him did a good job,butcher excepted but I just couldn't see him high fiving players after winning the cup though he clearly got emotional about it.

--------
24-07-2017, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=Col2;5111877]Does every thread on Hibs.net have to turn into an argument and a focus on the negatives. QUOTE]

I am afraid that seems to be the way, the above and yet another attempt to regurgitate and reapportion blame for a part of our past I am thankful we have moved on from.

I do wonder that if I am spared another 40 years on this green earth whether I will still be reading Hibs Net and reading threads about Petrie's decades of mismanagement and the unnecessary replacement of the East Stand.

I would say one of the greatest gifts I was lucky to be born with was the ability to look forward to the future and not look back to the past with any regrets only to the wonderful memories.

Its like being sick, once its out there is nothing you can do about it, only clean it up and get on with rest of your life.

Quite why folk want to spend years harking back to something they cant change I have never understood.

Speaking as one who's been around ER for more than half a century, I'd advise you not to hold your breath. For more than half that period the club has, for whatever reason, been underperforming in the eyes of the support, and the support has moaned about it loud and long. To be fair, much of the time moaning has been well-justified - we haven't punched our weight for much of the time, but equally there's always been a large section of our support much more willing to criticise and shout abuse than I seem to detect elsewhere.

We don't do solidarity very well at ER - some people seem to have taken an oath never to do it at all ...

So I have to confess I've done my share (more than my share?) of the moaning, but credit where credit's due - LD has done a terrific job since she arrived, and that fact is totally irrespective of her gender.

I don't think it's patronising to say good things about her and generally the compliments she gets aren't patronising or gender-related. We have a thoroughly competent person at the helm and it's good to say so every now and again.

But some of us really do need to remember that things don't always pan out the way we'd all want them to, and that often that's nobody's actual fault - just the general crappiness of life in general. I think it's a bit like the prevalence of conspiracy theories nowadays - we all need a simple explanation of what went wrong, and that explanation needs to include the name of Someone To Blame.

Anyhow, as far as Leeann's concerned - I'm very grateful for what she's done and continues to do at ER, and long may she continue to do it. I'd far rather have her on my side than with the opposition.

where'stheslope
24-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Thank you.
FFS some folk not happen unless complaining or taking a contrarian stance.
And as for point about her positive press as she's a woman, can you imagine how much harder it has been for her to be taken seriously because she's not a man?
Hope we hold on to her.

This in bucket loads!!!!