PDA

View Full Version : Pundits

Not In The Know
22-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Anyone else noticed the great delight most of them are taking coming out with the line "it remains to be seen how Hibs and their players will fair at this level"? Barry robson on the radio before the match went as far as saying "there won't be much between these two teams this season. And one will probably finish in the bottom six". An obvious little dig at Hibs.

I think its it's fair to say especially after what I thought was a great performance last night in the first half we are streets ahead of teams like county.

Jambo fowler in in the Evening snews today rolls out the same line about Bartley not yet having proved himself in the top flight yet.

The sooner we we shut them all up the better. I have a feeling we are going to do pretty well this year.

Langlee Hibs
22-07-2017, 08:03 AM
The way they were punting SJM to be sold was sickening. They didn't seem to be taking us seriously at all. Up to Lennon and the team to shut them up.

Steve20
22-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Maybe they don't take delight in it. Maybe they just think we will struggle.

I think we will be top 6 but last night did show that we are lacking in numbers, especially up front and creative midfield.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-07-2017, 08:06 AM
I think we will do just fine. And I think in Neil Lennon we have a manager who will ferociously back himself and his players more than any other manager I've seen at the helm at ER.

Aldo
22-07-2017, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't get too hung up about it tbh!

We should do our talking on the park.

We are far from the finished article and to judge us after 1 game against a team in the same league is a bit naive of the commentators.

I don't really care what they think and just go about our business!

WhileTheChief..
22-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Anyone else noticed the great delight most of them are taking coming out with the line "it remains to be seen how Hibs and their players will fair at this level"? Barry robson on the radio before the match went as far as saying "there won't be much between these two teams this season. And one will probably finish in the bottom six". An obvious little dig at Hibs.

I think its it's fair to say especially after what I thought was a great performance last night in the first half we are streets ahead of teams like county.

Jambo fowler in in the Evening snews today rolls out the same line about Bartley not yet having proved himself in the top flight yet.

The sooner we we shut them all up the better. I have a feeling we are going to do pretty well this year.

Can't see what they're sayng wrong to be honest.

We have several players who haven't played in the league before and several new faces.

Hell, half of us on here don't know how we'll do, how do you expect a punter who doesn't follow Hibs' every move to know better?

Pundits are allowed to have opinions that differ from ours, I'm sure you don't need everyone to think the same as you?

Ozyhibby
22-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Until we prove we can score goals then the pundits are spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
22-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Can't see what they're sayng wrong to be honest.

We have several players who haven't played in the league before and several new faces.

Hell, half of us on here don't know how we'll do, how do you expect a punter who doesn't follow Hibs' every move to know better?

Pundits are allowed to have opinions that differ from ours, I'm sure you don't need everyone to think the same as you?

Their overall tone is quite dismissive. We have proven ourselves against every team in the country apart from Celtic. Not the finished article but the signs are promising.

wookie70
22-07-2017, 08:29 AM
With the squad at the moment I think the pundits are right. Ross County will be there or thereabouts where we are. Hopefully we have at least 2 or 3 signings to come to lift us into the top six. They are right about McGinn too. He has been a different class in the games so far and that is bound to have interested teams with more money than us. It is vital we keep him though as the vast majority of our attacking intent involves SJM. There are some plus points though. Fraser Murray could be a new signing and Shaw looks like he could be a squad player with lots more to come. Boyle has stepped up and Dylan is starting to put a run of games together. Our big issue will be scoring goals and if it isn't addressed we will struggle to finish top six. Last night looks to me the way the season may pan out if we don't get a striker who will score regularly