PDA

View Full Version : Subway to Ibrox

18Hibee75
22-07-2017, 12:29 AM
Was going to try and get a ticket for ibrox and was thinking about going through on the train and subway with a few mates. I know that obviously as a hibs fan a few years ago it was not safe to go via subway. Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on it? Will It be as hostile and and dangerous as it was before? I have not been to ibrox in many years.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

22-07-2017, 12:31 AM
After the cup final I wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
22-07-2017, 12:34 AM
Was going to try and get a ticket for ibrox and was thinking about going through on the train and subway with a few mates. I know that obviously as a hibs fan a few years ago it was not safe to go via subway. Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on it? Will It be as hostile and and dangerous as it was before? I have not been to ibrox in many years.

You are 47.
With a little common sense you and your mates could easily use the subway safely.

18Hibee75
22-07-2017, 12:46 AM
You are 47.
With a little common sense you and your mates could easily use the subway safely.Just out of interest how do you know I'm 47...?

lyonhibs
22-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Always an "experience" the old Clockwork Orange. Keep your colours well hidden and yourself to yourself and you should be fine.

blaikie
22-07-2017, 07:06 AM

I use the subway occassionally but when that mob are playing I get the local bus, the McGills 38 runs right down Paisley Road and there's one every 10 minutes or less, you can get off just before the police station and walk down in less than 5 minutes, the subway station is directly across from the Louden Tavern.

jgl07
22-07-2017, 07:42 AM
You would be quicker walking! With the quaint local custom of locking the away fans in Ibrox for 15 minutes, the Subway will be rammmed and huge queues will be there.

I found the best way to travel to Ibrox is not to go.

Keith_M
22-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Get off at Govan Station and take the same way back after the match.

There'll be a number of other Hibbies doing the exact same, and I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people make out.

southsider
22-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Train to Queen Street, a few beers then get a cab. Taxi's in Glasgow are pretty cheep. On the way back ASDA is 5 minutes away you will get a cab there.

DH1875
22-07-2017, 07:58 AM
I use the subway occassionally but when that mob are playing I get the local bus, the McGills 38 runs right down Paisley Road and there's one every 10 minutes or less, you can get off just before the police station and walk down in less than 5 minutes, the subway station is directly across from the Louden Tavern.

Better getting the number 9 or the number 10 (firstbus).

As for the subway, cover up your colours and your fine.

Ken
22-07-2017, 08:08 AM
The subway is horrible when we are playing Rangers at Ibrox. I used it at the last playoff game (no colours) and it's rammed with vermin who were being a******s to anyone without Rangers colours on. It'll be even worse after the cup final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20
22-07-2017, 08:31 AM
If you're not wearing colours, you'll be fine. No problem on the subway.

CraigHibee
22-07-2017, 09:04 AM
I'd be "colour free" whenever I'm near that place

Nakedmanoncrack
22-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I Always use the subway, on and off at Govan rather than Ibrox. After the game if we win they are long gone anyway, even if they aren't, there's no queuing and they put a special non-stop to Buchanan St for Hibs fans. Never had any real problems doing it that way, and some great sing-songs in the station & on train after some of the wins there in recent years.

heretoday
22-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Wear a hard hat.

Captain Trips
22-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Its ok the "Subway Loyal" will be away well before you at about 16:30 bealing at the ripping issued.

sleeping giant
22-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Just out of interest how do you know I'm 47...?

:greengrin

WHAM
22-07-2017, 09:46 AM
After the cup final, the police will be well prepared for this and I'm sure the subway will be well patrolled so shouldn't be any issues.

Hibby70
22-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Just sing "no more Catholics left" from T2, you'll be fine.

hibsbollah
22-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Im actually going to Rangers v Marseille today at Ibrox. Was feeling a bit bad about giving that horrible organisation £21 of my money but I'm looking forward to it now. I will be in Marseille colours so will check out the reaction of King Williams' finest and report back.

DH1875
22-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Im actually going to Rangers v Marseille today at Ibrox. Was feeling a bit bad about giving that horrible organisation £21 of my money but I'm looking forward to it now. I will be in Marseille colours so will check out the reaction of King Williams' finest and report back.

Didn't know that is on. Pitty as might have joined you as wouldn't mind seeing Marseille in the flesh.

hibsbollah
22-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Didn't know that is on. Pitty as might have joined you as wouldn't mind seeing Marseille in the flesh.

Its going to pish doon, its far from a sell out.

22-07-2017, 10:36 AM
I usually get the subway to Ibrox. It can be a stomach churning experience but as long as you hide colours and don’t do anything daft it’s safe.

Sean1875
22-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Really is a sad state of affairs that in 2017 you still cant use public transport wearing a certain colour without an element of risk - madness

Carheenlea
22-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Even without colours you stand out a bit on the underground. What is it with Rangers fans and the appeal of the most garish of apparel? Loud colours emblazoned with the largest of sports/design label branding, usually finished off with the chunkiest choice of jewellery.
On the few occasions I've travelled on the underground, I've yet to feel threatened, and most are like us will just be wanting to head to Ibrox to see the game. As has been highlighted, the 15 minute lock in and a Govan departure makes for a safe enough journey back into town.

Sir David Gray
22-07-2017, 11:08 AM
No danger I would be taking public transport to Ibrox as a Hibs fan.

Keith_M
22-07-2017, 11:09 AM

So you'll be wearing blue and white to Ibrox.

I think you should be OK.

:wink:

lucky
22-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Been on the subway loads of times, never had any bother.

B.H.F.C
22-07-2017, 11:42 AM
No danger I would be taking public transport to Ibrox as a Hibs fan.

Do it most of the time when we play there and never had any bother. If anything, it's always been more dangerous in the ground due to the number of objects flying over your head.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 11:44 AM
I took my kids to Ibrox when they were about 9 and 10. For some reason I thought the subway would be like the trains from Glasgow Central heading to Hampden for semis and finals - full of hibbys singing. Well i got that wrong!

Only three of us with hibs colours on a wee train rammed with blue noses. There's no doubt we were the catalyst for songs about being up to their knees in Fenian blood' etc.

Main hastle came walking up from the subway station through a throng of pure evil gits. Was literally like 'running a gauntlet'. None of their so called 'decent fans' that some people talk about did anything to stop a dad and his two young boys getting severe hastle, provocation, gobbed at by a bunch of messed up obnoxious cowards. It was ' Fenian bastirts' all the way up the road. Not club rivalry but pure sectarian hatred.

I've had hastle at other grounds - weirdly enough Hamilton and Dunfermline - but there's nothing like the evil hatred you get at Ibrox. It's uniquely vile, viscous and horrible.

TelaStella
22-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Train and subway is always how I've done Ibrox and love the experience. If I were you I'd get off at Ibrox station and for the way back go to Govan. If you are somebody that wears colours then that's your decision but I wouldn't chance it personally.

Sir David Gray
22-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Do it most of the time when we play there and never had any bother. If anything, it's always been more dangerous in the ground due to the number of objects flying over your head.

Do you wear colours though? I do which is why I would never go on public transport through there.

BullsCloseHibs
22-07-2017, 12:13 PM

F*** them, we are Hibs. We do what we want. If someone needs skelped the then skelp them. Filthy rodents.

Carheenlea
22-07-2017, 12:26 PM
F*** them, we are Hibs. We do what we want. If someone needs skelped the then skelp them. Filthy rodents.

:hilarious

You know, I'd wager that even with groups of just 900 Hibs fans travelling to Ibrox over the years, more Rangers fans will have been on the receiving end of a skelp than Hibs fans.. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2017, 12:27 PM

Did you have the Rocky theme tune playing in the background as you typed that?

22-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Had a couple pals go through on the train about 4/5 years or so back when we played them at ibrox. They swore never ever again. They weren't even wearing colours (thank God they said!) but the huns on the train were absolutely vile. My mates didn't get subjected to it due to lack of colours making them a bit more hidden but they were near it and it wasn't just football rivalry banter, it was sheer vulgar abuse to anyone they picked up as being a hibs fan. Sectarian abuse, spitting, threats, throwing food & drink etc. at people. In my mates words "it was the train journey from absolute hell".

They're ****ing animals the lot of them, a truly deplorable bunch.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-07-2017, 01:00 PM
You'd be safer rappelling straight into the ground from a Chinook...

Sammy7nil
22-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Just out of interest how do you know I'm 47...?

LOL :greengrin

22-07-2017, 01:27 PM
who do tickets for ibrox go on sale anyway?

Hermit Crab
22-07-2017, 03:17 PM

Would think it will be next week at some point.

silverhibee
22-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Better getting the number 9 or the number 10 (firstbus).

As for the subway, cover up your colours and your fine.

What if it's a nice day and you decide to wear a green polo top or even a green jumper or jacket, what then. :greengrin

Benji1
22-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Got subway to ibrox for 3 nil Scottish cup game, with colours was only 15 at the time, was pretty scary thought we were gonny get a kicking so wanted off at earliest opportunity.. Dived off too early at cope land road end...big mistake total abuse all the way to the ground . Was bricking it.. Nowt happened but would never do that again

Northernhibee
22-07-2017, 04:46 PM
You should be three two travel on whatever transport you want.

kaimendhibs
22-07-2017, 04:49 PM
You should be three two travel on whatever transport you want.10/10 [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
22-07-2017, 04:50 PM
They probably detest us as much as any other since club that glorious day in May. Absolutely no chance I'd travel on the subway with colours on for this game , I'd say given the current tensions between the supports you'd be more likely than not to get yourself into bother.

Colr
22-07-2017, 05:01 PM

What ever you do, don't have a "Bear Burger" in the stadium. I'm sure it doesn't just do it in the woods. In Glasgow they domit on a roll especially for people they consider might be Kafliks.

Is It On....
22-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Just sing "no more Catholics left" from T2, you'll be fine.

Is that to the "polis" in case they arrest you?

emerald green
22-07-2017, 08:30 PM
In the days when I went to matches at Ibrox, sometimes there was no bother at all (albeit there was always an evil atmosphere about the place). On a couple of other occasions there was lots of bother. It didn't matter whether we wore colours or not. They could spot you from a mile off either way it seemed.

It just depended upon who you may, or may not, happen to run into on the way to and from the ground. That was then, I'm not sure what it's like now.

Mick O'Rourke
22-07-2017, 09:23 PM
In the days when I went to matches at Ibrox, sometimes there was no bother at all (albeit there was always an evil atmosphere about the place). On a couple of other occasions there was lots of bother. It didn't matter whether we wore colours or not. They could spot you from a mile off either way it seemed.

It just depended upon who you may, or may not, happen to run into on the way to and from the ground. That was then, I'm not sure what it's like now.

Playing THEM in Glasgow has always been fraught with danger.
They have the same affection for us Hibernians as they do Celtic.

I vowed never to go to Ibrox again after they attacked us before. during and after the 1979 SC Final and the 2 replays.
(although i was at the '91 LC semi final at Hampden and LC final '93 at Celtic Park)

Unless Police/stewarding during the game is effective in protecting our fans from assault with missiles and sectarian abuse (and i don't have much faith it will be) Hibernian fans are going to be in for a torrid 2 hrs or so.

Some fans of that club(on forums) had threatened "revenge" after the pitch invasion at Hampden.

I understand for that our fans representatives are going to be at Ibrox with the travelling support next month.

I would urge Rod Petrie to also sit in that section with the fans, along with one or two of his fellow office bearers at the SFA/SPL.

bigwheel
22-07-2017, 09:35 PM

I vowed never to go to Ibrox again after they attacked us before. during and after the 1979 SC Final and the 2 replays.
(although i was at the '91 LC semi final at Hampden and LC final '93 at Celtic Park)

Unless Police/stewarding during the game is effective in protecting our fans from assault with missiles and sectarian abuse (and i don't have much faith it will be) Hibernian fans are going to be in for a torrid 2 hrs or so.

Some fans of that club(on forums) had threatened "revenge" after the pitch invasion at Hampden.

I understand for that our fans representatives are going to be at Ibrox with the travelling support next month.

I would urge Rod Petrie to also sit in that section with the fans, along with one or two of his fellow office bearers at the SFA/SPL.

Honestly, that isn't really true these days....ibrox has a bit of to and fro inside the ground, across the dividing lines..and some abuse from above..but other than some isolated incidents, it's been pretty safe since the mid 80s...

Tbh. Since the CCS let their present be known around Ibrox in the mid to late 80s it created a whole lot safer world for the normal fan around that time..

Yes, it will be a bit tastier this time...but none more than any other big game across the UK..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
22-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Honestly, that isn't really true these days....ibrox has a bit of to and fro inside the ground, across the dividing lines..and some abuse from above..but other than some isolated incidents, it's been pretty safe since the mid 80s...

Tbh. Since the CCS let their present be known around Ibrox in the mid to late 80s it created a whole lot safer world for the normal fan around that time..

Yes, it will be a bit tastier this time...but none more than any other big game across the UK..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was on way back to QS station after a game at Ibrox once and watched as a Hun got a right doing off ccs. And i mean severe doing. He deserved it though as the same culprit was mouthing only 20 minutes earlier at our group. I 'accidentally' forgot all what happened during his kicking ☺️

pacorosssco
22-07-2017, 11:43 PM
After 3 zip cup win the underground was amazing. Full stand of Hibs support see us in numbers to rub their noses in it.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 11:54 PM

That's it - put them under scrutiny. They'll definitely be uncomfortable with that. They allow away supporters to be treated abysmally then have the brass neck to complain about a pitch invasion of celebrating hibees .

pacorosssco
23-07-2017, 12:00 AM
That's it - put them under scrutiny. They'll definitely be uncomfortable with that. They allow away supporters to be treated abysmally then have the brass neck to complain about a pitch invasion of celebrating hibees .

Good idea but sadly problem is also police who rod wont publically challenge. Ive found parkhead to rival ibrox for bad treatment where standing up briefly is enough to get heavy treatment out the door

Bristolhibby
23-07-2017, 04:33 AM
You'd be safer rappelling straight into the ground from a Chinook...

That's the opening to their "traditional" Armed Forces Day or Solem Rememberance Day displays, isn't it?

J

Nakedmanoncrack
23-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Let's be honest, for all those fretting about our safety there are many more of us relishing this fixture, and the particularly intense atmosphere that will be created this time. Demand for tickets will be massive. Can't wait.

23-07-2017, 09:28 AM
I must admit I enjoy a match with a bit of needle. They seem to have it in for Whittaker too for some reason. Hope he scores a SDG time winner.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2017, 09:36 AM
I must admit I enjoy a match with a bit of needle. They seem to have it in for Whittaker too for some reason. Hope he scores a SDG time winner.

He walked when they went bust.

Mick O'Rourke
23-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Let's be honest, for all those fretting about our safety there are many more of us relishing this fixture, and the particularly intense atmosphere that will be created this time. Demand for tickets will be massive. Can't wait.
I do not know any Hibernian supporter who is not "relishing" this game.
As for "intense atmosphere"? It always has been such against them.
This upcoming one may be a bit more than intense though.

Am no"feart" tae go there.
I just think it is intolerable that fans.and ours in particular,have to endure being pelted with coins,cups of urine.and subject to "in yer face" anti Catholic /sectarian abuse.
I refuse to be subject to that and having to pay for the privilege!
I refuse to give that club one penny,let alone £25/30

On a lighter note,a brother of mine refuses to watch Hibernian play at Tynie.
"They are not getting a penny from me", he says !!

cleanyman
23-07-2017, 09:58 AM
I'm a local and always take the subway to the game. I've never had any problems.

I won't be doing it this time though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2017, 01:27 PM
I have taken the subway to Ibrox but would usually go on my own as me and Mrs NH would make a weekend of it. I would advise going early and using common sense and you will be fine. I would leave the folk who are looking for trouble to find others who think the same.

Keltyclippie
23-07-2017, 02:22 PM
I seem to remember when travelling through to see Hibs at St Mirren at the beginning of last season the bus to Paisley passed near to Ibrox. Being over 60 and in possession of a bus pass I travel by bus rather than train or subway. Always another option.

Jamesie
26-07-2017, 11:43 AM
The subway is horrible when we are playing Rangers at Ibrox. I used it at the last playoff game (no colours) and it's rammed with vermin who were being a******s to anyone without Rangers colours on. It'll be even worse after the cup final.

I did this at the last playoff game too and it was a microcosm of Ibrox at its very worst. Was easy enough to hide colours that day with a big jacket on (I recall even though it was May, it was still fairly chilly) but harder to do so in mid summer. I would likely avoid doing it again in future, but to be fair I never felt threatened - just a fairly unpleasant bunch to be in that close proximity to.

Jamesie
26-07-2017, 11:45 AM

I'm wondering if the delay might have something to do with whether it will be televised or not and whether it could be moved to the Sunday?

CallumLaidlaw
26-07-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm wondering if the delay might have something to do with whether it will be televised or not and whether it could be moved to the Sunday?

All the televised games have been selected tho and tickets are on sale to Rangers fans.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2017, 11:47 AM

They've already announced TV games for that weekend already
Rangers are selling tickets for the home end already

Jamesie
26-07-2017, 11:49 AM
OK - thanks for clarifying that!

.Sean.
26-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Tickets are almost always out the Thursday two weeks before the game, very strange there's not been even at least an announcement as to when they go on sale even morseo considering the Huns are selling theirs and it's been confirmed it won't be televised.

Keith_M
26-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Tickets are almost always out the Thursday two weeks before the game, very strange there's not been even at least an announcement as to when they go on sale even morseo considering the Huns are selling theirs and it's been confirmed it won't be televised.

Maybe they're refusing to sell tickets to Hibs, because they're too afraid of what our Fans might do after that Cup Final.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2017, 02:44 PM

I'd have thought the end of the week, as Hibs will be keen to sell tickets for the Partick game, all next week!

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 03:47 PM
So since the car park that was for away fans has been changed to a home family car park and it appears theres nowhere for our buses to park and our safety can't be guaranteed and with the recent CF history does anybody think Hibs may refuse our allocation of tickets for this match like Celtic refused their allocation for Linfield away?

Since90+2
26-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Hibs wont refuse tickets for this. If anything that would just create even more of a powderkeg feeling behind the fixture for when the fans do eventually meet.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Hibs wont refuse tickets for this. If anything that would just create even more of a powderkeg feeling behind the fixture for when the fans do eventually meet.

Its just interesting that theres been no announcement and no meeting RE security yet.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2017, 04:02 PM
So since the car park that was for away fans has been changed to a home family car park and it appears theres nowhere for our buses to park and our safety can't be guaranteed and with the recent CF history does anybody think Hibs may refuse our allocation of tickets for this match like Celtic refused their allocation for Linfield away?

There's a mixed car park just after the away car park
As regards to Hibs refusing to sell out allocation, I'd be gobsmacked if that was the case. Maybe we haven't received them yet from Rangers

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 04:09 PM
As regards to Hibs refusing to sell out allocation, I'd be gobsmacked if that was the case. Maybe we haven't received them yet from Rangers

The fans rep said they would feed back info after the meeting with Hibs and The Rangers security officers, this meeting does not appear to have taken place yet with just over 2 weeks until the match.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 04:10 PM

Home tickets went on sale on Monday.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Home tickets went on sale on Monday.

I know that, but maybe we haven't received ours yet?

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 04:18 PM
I know that, but maybe we haven't received ours yet?

Maybe, but they won't be on sale if we take them until the security meeting has taken place.

B.H.F.C
26-07-2017, 04:21 PM
The fans rep said they would feed back info after the meeting with Hibs and The Rangers security officers, this meeting does not appear to have taken place yet with just over 2 weeks until the match.

Last sentence is important there. Over two weeks. Not just two days.

It's not a big ticketing operation from our perspective. By the time away season ticket holders are catered for and players get their comps we'll only have about 500 to shift.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Last sentence is important there. Over two weeks. Not just two days.

It's not a big ticketing operation from our perspective. By the time away season ticket holders are catered for and players get their comps we'll only have about 500 to shift.

Yes true, but perhaps a tad more than 500 to be fair, I can't see there being a public sale right enough.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Yes true, but perhaps a tad more than 500 to be fair, I can't see there being a public sale right enough.

We've been given the usual 3 blocks
GW1, GW2 and GW3
Rangers fans can't buy tickets for this area

Hermit Crab
26-07-2017, 04:39 PM
We've been given the usual 3 blocks
GW1, GW2 and GW3
Rangers fans can't buy tickets for this area

Cheers B :aok:

Sir David Gray
26-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Maybe they're refusing to sell tickets to Hibs, because they're too afraid of what our Fans might do after that Cup Final.

I doubt it's true but my mate told me the other day that he's heard that we're not getting any tickets for the match.

Carheenlea
27-07-2017, 09:55 AM
The Subway on a Rangers match day 1974. Some classic early 70's attire on view.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yoorwullie/status/890313385467883523

27-07-2017, 10:24 AM
I’d be furious if we didnt get an allocation for this game.

silverhibee
27-07-2017, 11:06 AM

That's what i was thinking as well, the huns will want revenge on and off the park, fans will be attacked in the streets around Ibrox, wouldn't surprise me if there is a mob of them waiting for where the coaches get parked to attack them, Hibs fans will want to wear Hibs tops, or a green top of some kind, walking to the ground will be a nightmare, the knuckledraggers won't care if it's a father and young son/daughter, they will get abused from hun fans, more of them join in and it starts to get scary for folk just wanting to get to a game, FFS it's bad enough when the car park was available, just trying to get to the away end turnstiles can be a bit nervy as you have to mingle with them, and were not even in the ground yet, :greengrin but we can look forward to heavy handed stewarding and the polis not giving a hoot about us as we are bombarded with all sorts of items.

The Rangers and there fans are untouchable, they are getting away with f***ing murder from our authorities who run the game, attacking us inside the ground is a possibility and the stewards and polis will not be in any rush to help us.

It wouldn't surprise me either if Hibs have turned down the poxy 900 allocation for fear of the safety of Hibs fans.

Since90+2
27-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I said a few weeks back I woudn't be surprised if tickets for this are only issued as part of a official club bus transfer.

.Sean.
27-07-2017, 11:54 AM
The longer this rumbles on the more I think we may not get any tickets at all. As SDG pointed out further up the thread about Hibs refusing the allocation, similar was mentioned in the pub pre-match on Tuesday.

I'll be there if we are allocated our usual but I can totally understand folk not fancying it - it's a horrible place to go at the 'best' of times.

scoopyboy
27-07-2017, 12:01 PM
The longer this rumbles on the more I think we may not get any tickets at all. As SDG pointed out further up the thread about Hibs refusing the allocation, similar was mentioned in the pub pre-match on Tuesday.

I'll be there if we are allocated our usual but I can totally understand folk not fancying it - it's a horrible place to go at the 'best' of times.

I heard on Tuesday night that discussions are ongoing between Hibs and Rangers.

Hibs not happy that the car park has been taken away from us and it is going to make it a bit dodgier for our fans.

Rangers refusing to guarantee our safety so there may well be a stand off.

Could it result in Hibs refusing to accept tickets for the sh*******?

I've no idea if there is any truth in this but it would be dead easy for a fans rep to come on here and clarify the situation.

B.H.F.C
27-07-2017, 12:07 PM
The more I read, the more I start to think that there is something a bit odd.

I still don't think we will turn down our ticket allocation. If we have to do that in this day and age it would be outrageous.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 12:16 PM
I think all 900 of us should meet up in George Square before the game and march, mob handed, up Paisley Road West to the stadium.

Then we'll see if they've got the nerve to attack anybody :wink:

Sean1875
27-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Never been on the Subway in Glasgow tbh.. Will I be able to fit in there with my suit of armour?

silverhibee
27-07-2017, 12:23 PM

If i can get a ticket i will be going as well Sean hopefully with my son as well, but i know if i have to park away from the ground in surrounding streets then there is a good chance we will come in for some abuse as we will be wearing green colours, what happens if the abuse turns in to violence, me and my lad will have no chance against 100s of them, will give it a good try though, lets not forget we pissed of a lot of folk from Glasgow that glorious day in May, they still haven't got over it and a lot of them will be out for revenge, if a allocated place is not in place for away fans to park at then i can just imagine the horror stories we will hear after the game about fans being attacked before and after the game in the streets, even worse that we gub them and 1000s will be protesting outside the ground and we can't be released from the stadium for our own safety, f***ing wouldn't surprise me if they didn't hold us back as usual and just let us out at the same time the hordes of huns are coming out dragging knuckles.

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Never been on the Subway in Glasgow tbh.. Will I be able to fit in there with my suit of armour?

If you're over 5' 6", then no.

I think it was designed with stunted growth glaswegians of the early 20th century in mind.

carnoustiehibee
27-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Can hibs not just hire 9/10 buses and if you've got a ticket you get the bus from Easter road? Police escorted in and out of ibrox. Works down south

Bad Martini
27-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Can hibs not just hire 9/10 buses and if you've got a ticket you get the bus from Easter road? Police escorted in and out of ibrox. Works down south

We'd be better hiring a few dozen challenger tanks....

.........park yer cars at yer ain risk in the vicinity and expect a few dents in yer stadium as we perform the tricky 27 point turn to get oot the ****hole on the way hame. This would also save the police the hassle and costs providing an escort :greengrin

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Is that not what they do for the Newcastle v Sunderland games?

marinello59
27-07-2017, 01:54 PM

And those who are not travelling from Edinburgh?

27-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Only if they leave at 11am so I have time to get suitably smashed before the game.

The_Todd
27-07-2017, 02:02 PM
And those who are not travelling from Edinburgh?

Those glory supporters should support their local teams :wink:

kaimendhibs
27-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Forgive me if im wrong but i am sure we didnt get held back after the Ivan hat trick game. Always thought it was a deliberate act of revenge.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Forgive me if im wrong but i am sure we didnt get held back after the Ivan hat trick game. Always thought it was a deliberate act of revenge.

Most of them had buggered off by full time though.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:03 PM

I said a few weeks back I woudn't be surprised if tickets for this are only issued as part of a official club bus transfer.

What do you think will happen?

ian cruise
27-07-2017, 03:13 PM
What do you think will happen?

I don't think it's out with the realms of possibility to imagine there will be pockets of Rangers Fabs wanting to cause trouble and looking fir singular or small groups of Hibs fans to victimise on the day, particularly if they can't make it.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I don't think it's out with the realms of possibility to imagine there will be pockets of Rangers Fabs wanting to cause trouble and looking fir singular or small groups of Hibs fans to victimise on the day, particularly if they can't make it.

Probably, but I do expect a line of police outside the ground when its full time, there usually is.

Dunbar Hibee
27-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Would be nice to have some sort of update. Fans reps not know anything about this?

Hermit Crab
27-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Would be nice to have some sort of update. Fans reps not know anything about this?

They must do as they are scheduled to be at the security meetings that have supposedly not happened yet.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 05:14 PM

What happens if you don't live in Edinburgh (like me) and have mobility issues which may make accessing a coach problematic (like me)?

It's an absolute joke that there are fears in this day and age that people may not be able to attend a football match safely.

A football match FFS!

B.H.F.C
27-07-2017, 05:26 PM
What happens if you don't live in Edinburgh (like me) and have mobility issues which may make accessing a coach problematic (like me)?

It's an absolute joke that there are fears in this day and age that people may not be able to attend a football match safely.

A football match FFS!

All a bit hypothetical obviously. It shouldn't come to anything like this. And I don't think it will.

But if it did, and Hibs had to do something like that, then they obviously couldn't please everyone depending on their circumstances. But it doesn't mean they should cater for nobody as an alternative.

It's something that is used quite commonly for high risk games down south. Like I say, I'm not sure it'll come to that.

kaimendhibs
27-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Most of them had buggered off by full time though.Thats true G

chinaman
27-07-2017, 05:30 PM

Cardiff and swansea do it

B.H.F.C
27-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Cardiff and swansea do it

Blackburn v Burnley as well

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 05:33 PM
All a bit hypothetical obviously. It shouldn't come to anything like this. And I don't think it will.

But if it did, and Hibs had to do something like that, then they obviously couldn't please everyone depending on their circumstances. But it doesn't mean they should cater for nobody as an alternative.

It's something that is used quite commonly for high risk games down south. Like I say, I'm not sure it'll come to that.

I'm not so sure.

I think this fixture has the potential to turn pretty nasty on the day. It wouldn't surprise me if something like this was imposed.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 05:34 PM
So, no takers for meeting up at George Sq and marching to the game?

Does that mean I'll have to do it on my own?

EDIT: Just checked the distance on Google Maps and it's a three mile walk, so only for the fittest among us :wink:

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 05:56 PM
So, no takers for meeting up at George Sq and marching to the game?

Does that mean I'll have to do it on my own?

EDIT: Just checked the distance on Google Maps and it's a three mile walk, so only for the fittest among us :wink:

Is it downhill? I'm in a wheelchair so I'm game if it is.

I quite like the idea of tenpin bowling 'Sevco style'. :greengrin

Cardinal G
27-07-2017, 06:10 PM

They proposed that 3 years ago for Sunderlands visit to Sports Direct Arena, it was called a "bubble" with the only way to get a ticket was as you boarded the bus from Stadium of Light. Sounds ideal but in reality it wouldn't have worked as assumption then was all away fans came from Sunderland which isnt the case with a canny few on Tyneside and beyond. Fortunately both clubs fans groups challenged it and it was duly scrapped.

tamig
28-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Always an "experience" the old Clockwork Orange. Keep your colours well hidden and yourself to yourself and you should be fine.

Absolutely. Our usual mode of travel. Only hassle we had was when one of our group was half pished and started singing Hibs songs. Luckily the carriage was so rammed nobody could get near him!

afc-2252
29-07-2017, 06:47 AM
I'd imagine if Hibs fans are going on the subway it could end up like the clip below

https://youtu.be/YX7GNHSyuT4