PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Ross County vs Hibs

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Heisenberg
22-07-2017, 08:40 AM
The only thing that i dont like is the regionalised aspect of the new format. What a mess that's been.

Danderhall Hibs
22-07-2017, 08:44 AM
The only thing that i dont like is the regionalised aspect of the new format. What a mess that's been.

There's always going to be a team(s) that falls on the border and likely to be unhappy - the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Sir David Gray
22-07-2017, 09:55 AM
There's always going to be a team(s) that falls on the border and likely to be unhappy - the line has to be drawn somewhere.

While I do agree with this, I would suggest that Dingwall and Edinburgh being in the same region is stretching things a bit.

Danderhall Hibs
22-07-2017, 09:58 AM
While I do agree with this, I would suggest that Dingwall and Edinburgh being in the same region is stretching things a bit.

It would seem to be. I think the alternative would've been to have 22 in the south and 18 in the north though?

Unless there's a better suggestion?

hhibs
22-07-2017, 10:14 AM
I don't claim to speak for everyone, just the many people on this thread who have posted pretty much the exact opposite of you

Sorry,read your own post ,that is what you did claim.

Keith_M
22-07-2017, 10:17 AM
It would seem to be. I think the alternative would've been to have 22 in the south and 18 in the north though?

Unless there's a better suggestion?

More than two regions?

e.g. North, East and West.

Danderhall Hibs
22-07-2017, 10:21 AM
More than two regions?

e.g. North, East and West.

Would everyone be happy with that or would we (for example) have more than 10 teams in the west that would have to be added to North?

Borderhibbie76
22-07-2017, 10:23 AM
While I do agree with this, I would suggest that Dingwall and Edinburgh being in the same region is stretching things a bit.Aye just a tad...regionalised format which sees a trip from Edinburgh to Dingwall on a fri night 🤣

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

portyhibernian
22-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Like others have said already, I thought we were lacking up top but the general performance was fairly decent. I think Simon Murray could turn out to be a 10-15 goal a season striker for us if we get the right partner for him. I'm hoping the Lithuanian midfielder brings some creativity as I think we are lacking a midfielder to play those 15 yard forward passes with proper conviction IMO. Currently I'd say we are top six, I think Stokes, Commons and one more midfielder will push us into the top 4.

pacoluna
22-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Having not seen the game and relied on this thread I have concluded the following

We performed well

We were **** same old

Boyle played well

Boyle was average

Swanson looked quality

Whittaker wasn't fit

Whittaker showed good fitness

O and as for tee Lewis basher..... If he had played bad then others on here would have pointed it out. I don't see that poster giving Efe a hard time about his errors of judgement in the first half.

It's still early and there are a few missing pieces to add!

Let's try and be positive and stop ficus sing on all the negatives all the time!
No one bashed Lewis. All I said was his distribution was poor

hhibs
22-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Problem is that's not quite what came across in your post.
What came across is that you thought the performance was poor.

What you're saying here refers to the same old problems from the last few seasons which isn't poor performances - it's good performances without getting the ball in the back of the net often enough.

Second bit is spot on. Original post sounds like a "We lost a game so the team is *****" post.

OK,The Leith Dutch ,I can certainly accept that.

Probably the frustration of watching .as I see it,recurrence of old problems which I had hoped were being fixed .

CRAZYHIBBY
22-07-2017, 10:32 AM
How did lewis do last night?

hhibs
22-07-2017, 10:37 AM
How did lewis do last night?

Hmm,:fishin:perhaps ?

where'stheslope
22-07-2017, 10:59 AM
After reading through the replies, it appears to me that most have not looked at last seasons results for Ross County.

Most of their games last season were backs to the wall performances, losing possession and teams going at them all the time, yet they seemed to manage to score the odd breakaway goal and keep clean sheets.

So, in that respect we did well last night against a stuffy well organised team, scoring goals for us is paramount in these type of games as we may find out in the league there are a few stuffy teams that rely on breakaway goals, and defend with everyone behind the ball.

It looks like we need to be aware of the better players we are against, and though we have done well to try and boost our squad, the jump from Championship to Premiership can be fraught with problems against a better calibre of teams and players.

Aldo
22-07-2017, 12:53 PM
No one bashed Lewis. All I said was his distribution was poor

Wasn't directed at you and the person that posted will know.

It was the negativity around last nights and the previous weekends performance!!

Stevie Reid
22-07-2017, 12:59 PM
If we take a point up at Dingwall in the league I won't be distraught.

I think we're gonna be a very good team to watch this season.

CathroMustStay
22-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Just need a couple more quality signings and we'll be fine.

Highlander
22-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Most of their games last season were backs to the wall performances, losing possession and teams going at them all the time, yet they seemed to manage to score the odd breakaway goal and keep clean sheets.

Plus they had the leagues highest scorer.

ekhibee
22-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Personally I thought it was a similar result to quite a few we had in the championship where we had most of the possession, most of the chances but ended up dropping points. I like the look of Fraser Murray, Simon Murray runs around a lot but not sure if he's quite the finished article. Early days though.