PDA

View Full Version : New fans organisation

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 05:21 PM
A new Scottish Football Fans association was launched today at Holyrood to try and improve governance in Scottish football.

https://youtu.be/N7bC2s-VxzY

The website is here
http://scottishfsa.org/

And they are looking for fans views here

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/sfsa-benchmark-2017

Only takes a minute to sign up. Appears to be well funded with the backing of some politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malthibby
20-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Easy to do & important; Reagan & Doncaster will be encouraging their cronies to complete this & say they're Erchie, it's a chance to
make it clear what fans think of them & their organisations.
GG

Billy Whizz
20-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Done

oneone73
20-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Done.

sleeping giant
20-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Done

Nevi_SOL
20-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Done. Quick and easy

WestStandMoaner
20-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Done

Doncaster and Reagan out

DarlingtonHibee
20-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Done. Old Firm still rule unfortunately.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 07:51 PM
I think they are trying to get to 25,000 people taking part to make it the biggest fans survey ever done in Europe.

givescotlandfreedom
20-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Done. Sounds like we all share one view on the hierarchy.

hfc rd
20-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Done. I will not be surprised if the results all come out to be very similar. Doncaster & Regan need to GTF!

edinburghhibee
20-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Done... see everyone else posts mine is no different

Curried
21-07-2017, 01:27 AM
All done....let's hope this get's some legs.

High-On-Hibs
21-07-2017, 01:38 AM
It asks what team you support. Just to help them weed out all of the "irrelevant" football fans in Scotland.

connerg
21-07-2017, 03:45 AM
It asks what team you support. Just to help them weed out all of the "irrelevant" football fans in Scotland.

Exactly. No need to fill out any online questionaire. They useless idiots know what we think of them and their media pals.

Will things change if i take part? No. Will things change if i don't take part? No.

SON OF PADDY
21-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Done in minutes,and well worth it
Let the people have their say.🤔

Pretty Boy
21-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Is this replacing the previous incarnation of SFSA that has been around for some time?

Ozyhibby
21-07-2017, 07:43 AM
2700 took part already.

Danderhall Hibs
21-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Done. I will not be surprised if the results all come out to be very similar. Doncaster & Regan need to GTF!

The member clubs can do that at any time can't they?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 07:58 AM
What is with the focus on women's fitba at the moment though? I answered i dont know to all qs on women's fitba.

There is definitely a push on women's fitba and i juat dont get, its up to women to promote women's sport, and i dont know any that do so why should we?

I quite admire the Man Utd stance on it all, despite the pressure to do so, they steadfastly stick to their guns that that is not what Man U are for.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Is this replacing the previous incarnation of SFSA that has been around for some time?

It appears to be new.
There is an interview here.
http://scottishfsa.org/about-sfsa/

Tyler Durden
21-07-2017, 08:07 AM
What is with the focus on women's fitba at the moment though? I answered i dont know to all qs on women's fitba.

There is definitely a push on women's fitba and i juat dont get, its up to women to promote women's sport, and i dont know any that do so why should we?

I quite admire the Man Utd stance on it all, despite the pressure to do so, they steadfastly stick to their guns that that is not what Man U are for.

Who is the "we" that you refer to? Are you questioning why men might wish to promote women's football?

What's the problem with women's football?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Who is the "we" that you refer to? Are you questioning why men might wish to promote women's football?

What's the problem with women's football?

A wee bit - i think it gets coverage from that is way out of ptoportion to the level of interest in it. Its coverage is not being driven by participation or spectator numbers, thats for sure.

Ultimately, its just sub-standard football.

Sean1875
21-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Complete. Interesting to see if anything comes of all this but I wont be holding my breath unfortunately.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Filled it in, but to be honest I doubt it will make a huge difference, the folk in charge already know what we think of them and I haven't seen any headlong rush from them to quit or change for that matter.

I had to laugh at the question about politicians putting pressure on the governing bodies ..... Plenty of politicians have plenty to say about Scottish football already, but ask them to come up with some money for the game and what you get is silence. I see the UK and Scottish government have come up with a billion and a half quid to spend on Edinburgh and south east Scotland, which includes a new 'concert hall' in Edinburgh.

That hall will be used no doubt by professional acts and theatre companies who will not have contributed a red cent to its construction and any profit the place makes will not be returned to the public purse ...... in view of that I cant see why finding money to improve the infrastructure of Scotland's football clubs is such an impossibility ..... No, if politicians want to get involved in Scottish football somebody should tell them we have no shortage of hot air, we do have a shortage of cash.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Filled it in, but to be honest I doubt it will make a huge difference, the folk in charge already know what we think of them and I haven't seen any headlong rush from them to quit or change for that matter.

I had to laugh at the question about politicians putting pressure on the governing bodies ..... Plenty of politicians have plenty to say about Scottish football already, but ask them to come up with some money for the game and what you get is silence. I see the UK and Scottish government have come up with a billion and a half quid to spend on Edinburgh and south east Scotland, which includes a new 'concert hall' in Edinburgh.

That hall will be used no doubt by professional acts and theatre companies who will not have contributed a red cent to its construction and any profit the place makes will not be returned to the public purse ...... in view of that I cant see why finding money to improve the infrastructure of Scotland's football clubs is such an impossibility ..... No, if politicians want to get involved in Scottish football somebody should tell them we have no shortage of hot air, we do have a shortage of cash.

Bands and theatre companies have to rent concert halls and the venues usually do quite well out of it?

AndyM_1875
21-07-2017, 12:38 PM
A wee bit - i think it gets coverage from that is way out of ptoportion to the level of interest in it. Its coverage is not being driven by participation or spectator numbers, thats for sure.

Ultimately, its just sub-standard football.

Does it? The odd game shown live on Alba?
There is no money in the Scottish Women's game and the players are mainly amateurs except for the ones who play outwith Scotland.

I've watched a lot of sub standard football in my time (English Conference, Scottish League 2, Scottish Lowland League) that gets a shed load more coverage than the women's game.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 12:44 PM

I said no to this question. It is not the Scottish Govts job to run football - they habe enough on their plate.

Also, i think it is a dangerous road to go down, inviting political input.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Does it? The odd game shown live on Alba?
There is no money in the Scottish Women's game and the players are mainly amateurs except for the ones who play outwith Scotland.

I've watched a lot of sub standard football in my time (English Conference, Scottish League 2, Scottish Lowland League) that gets a shed load more coverage than the women's game.

In my humble opinion, yeah it does.

Eyrie
21-07-2017, 01:38 PM
I've completed it, and finished by saying I wouldn't be interested in joining because they will be ignored by the SFA and SPFL.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2017, 02:46 PM
I've completed it, and finished by saying I wouldn't be interested in joining because they will be ignored by the SFA and SPFL.

Good for you. Scottish football needs more brave warriors like yourself. [emoji3]

Eyrie
21-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Good for you. Scottish football needs more brave warriors like yourself. [emoji3]

I don't share your faith in the willingness of either governing body to listen to the fans.

Cynicism is one of the benefits of old age.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2017, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5109232]Bands and theatre companies have to rent concert halls and the venues usually do quite well out of it?

I know they do, but my point was that public money will be getting used to build the venue without any financial input from the artists etc who will use it. Even though they will pay for the hire of the venue I would imagine that money will go towards its upkeep and paying its staff rather than having any benefit to the public purse, which as far as I can see is no different from what would happen if public money was being used for football infrastructure.

I am aware that there is a better use for public money than football stands .... but so long as public money is used to subsidise Opera, Ballet, Orchestras and a host of other laudable, desirable, but ultimately non essential parts of Scottish society then I do not see the problem with football asking for a slice of that pie, and a slice commensurate with its popularity in relation to these other activities.

Its isn't unfair either in my opinion to point out that for all that these other things are good to have as they undoubtedly enrich society the people who bring Opera, Ballet and Classical music to the masses are also professionals who make a living doing it, just like footballers ..... the amount of public money that goes towards keeping these folk on the road is massive compared to what they actually generate in income. It seems to me like snobbery to say that football which is enjoyed by far more people than Opera, Ballet or the Scottish symphony orchestra put together ( in fact I'm willing to bet more folk watched Hibs last season than all 3 combined ) is less worthy than they are of public subsidy.

Bay Area Hibees
22-07-2017, 12:08 AM
RIP
22-07-2017, 05:50 AM
The more of us that join this organisation the stronger will be the voice of fans.

There used to be an independent organisation called Supporters Direct but as soon as they started getting funded by the governing bodies,they ended up losing their teeth.

Joined. Membership up to nearly 70,000 fellow Scottish supporters already so spread the word on social media. Politicians and SPFL SFA will really sit up and take notice once membership gets to 100,000 and above.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 08:05 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-spfl-might-not-able-10853969
Good write up here. Scottish game needs this.

RedHibby
23-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Done.

Malthibby
23-07-2017, 09:36 PM
I don't share your faith in the willingness of either governing body to listen to the fans.

Cynicism is one of the benefits of old age.

I'm old and very cynical, but I used to be young and cynical.
Still signed up though.
'Cos every now & then, the arrogant & the corrupt get a michty boot in the baws,
& I wouldn't want to miss the chance.
GG

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Well done Hibs fans.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170723/abb4ba0eaf70d6168ac8fed5b2063dc5.png

Ronniekirk
23-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Completed

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 10:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170723/d6c222f0f525f50620e8b8488fddcf1c.png

Greenworld
24-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Done

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
24-07-2017, 07:21 AM
I think they have 75,000 members now and 9000 have completed the questionnaire. They/we will be hard to ignore with those numbers.

MrSmith
24-07-2017, 07:41 AM

Hopefully some of this money will go towards Leith Theatre :) What a venue it is!

Andy74
24-07-2017, 07:55 AM
I think they have 75,000 members now and 9000 have completed the questionnaire. They/we will be hard to ignore with those numbers.

Ignore what though? Getting two of us to agree on anything is bad enough. What does a fans group take forward?

Football in the country needs better leadership. I'm not convinced it needs another group of people talking about it.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Ignore what though? Getting two of us to agree on anything is bad enough. What does a fans group take forward?

Football in the country needs better leadership. I'm not convinced it needs another group of people talking about it.

We won't get better leadership if it is never challenged.

Andy74
24-07-2017, 07:18 PM
We won't get better leadership if it is never challenged.

The clubs are the ones that can do something about that and fans of those clubs can tell their representatives what they want if it's important to them.

I don't see how a fans group can have a united enough view which would carry enough clout to do anything.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2017, 07:31 PM
The clubs are the ones that can do something about that and fans of those clubs can tell their representatives what they want if it's important to them.

I don't see how a fans group can have a united enough view which would carry enough clout to do anything.

And if the clubs ignore their fans?
Rod Petrie appears (maybe I'm misinterpreting him but we'll find out by Wednesday) saying Hibs fans should all just move on and he is happy to ignore us.

Andy74
24-07-2017, 10:00 PM
And if the clubs ignore their fans?
Rod Petrie appears (maybe I'm misinterpreting him but we'll find out by Wednesday) saying Hibs fans should all just move on and he is happy to ignore us.

That's up to the fans of each club.

If they are being ignored, or more likely those running the clubs feel they are better placed to make the decisions, what chance has another fans group have?

NYHibby
26-07-2017, 09:56 AM

While this is a somewhat new organisation, it is really the latest incarnation of Paul Goodwin needs a job after leaving his last job doing exactly the same thing. This survey is just the latest version of the survey by these various groups that you have taken over the years. The difference is that they think slapping the name of some Germans on it will get it taken more seriously.