20-07-2017, 05:03 PM
When's he going to be fit ?

WillowbraeHibby
20-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Just seen it on the STV news... Good enough for me... !!! :thumbsup:

Jim44
When's he going to be fit ?

He said that his op wasn't serious and will be back sooner than later.

Just Alf
good stuff :agree:

hfc rd
20-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Wonderful news if this is true! Made a big impact when he come on loan last season during winter.

Now get Stokes and a winger!

Deansy
20-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Can't wait until he does this in a Hibs-jersey - THEY will go ape !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_uzO3jpocA

keep the faith
20-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Will sign when fit?? I'm not at all sure about this one. He didn't seem at all fussed about playing on at the end of last season.
We will see I guess.

Nemo
20-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Excited!!:hyper:hyper:hyper

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Will sign when fit?? I'm not at all sure about this one. He didn't seem at all fussed about playing on at the end of last season.
We will see I guess.

He won't piss about under Lennon.

guthrie01
20-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Another one of Neil's Celtic pals...

:cb

Lee Marvin
20-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Will be the best player at the club if we can get him fit!

Got to think it reduces the chance of Henderson however

1van Sprou7e
20-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Happy with this, another goalscoring creative midfielder who has proven to be an excellent player at this level

Unfortunately I feel that this means we won't be signing Hendo :'(

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Probably won't play every week but what a player to have about the place.

He was instrumental in a huge 6 points we gained at a tough time last season and you can't turn your nose up at match winners like that. Commons and Stokes in the next couple of days would see us pretty close to being good to go.

Thecat23
20-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Kris commons will sign for hibs when fit

Source. STV news

Source was me last week 😁 They've just jumped on the bandwagon.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 05:25 PM
We will see I guess.

That may have been all about whether he wanted to put himself through the back operation? Now that it's done, if he gets himself fit, he is a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haymaker
20-07-2017, 05:35 PM
:hyper

col02
20-07-2017, 05:37 PM
If we can get say 20 games out of him and he mentors the like of Fraser Murray then it's a very good signing imho.

SirDavidsNapper
20-07-2017, 05:39 PM
So when are we looking at? January? I'd rather give the young boys a chance.

WillowbraeHibby
20-07-2017, 05:44 PM
If we can get say 20 games out of him and he mentors the like of Fraser Murray then it's a very good signing imho.

I would tend to agree with this.. Lennon will know what he is doing re:Commons.

mentalhibee
20-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Would be happy with this...quality player

CapitalGreen
20-07-2017, 05:45 PM
So when are we looking at? January? I'd rather give the young boys a chance.

I'd rather play the strongest team available to us at the time. If the young boys are good enough they'll play.

BlackSheep
20-07-2017, 05:46 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1393964-kris-commons-reveals-he-is-close-to-rejoining-hibernian/

Vault Boy
20-07-2017, 06:01 PM
I've never heard of this lad, but found a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPwRyyIfbvU

:greengrin

Jim44
20-07-2017, 06:23 PM
I've never heard of this lad, but found a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPwRyyIfbvU

:greengrin

He'll have to work on his right foot, but he shows potential. Imagine what he could do in a decent team.

CRAZYHIBBY
20-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Having now watched his interview he actually says..if his back is ok he will play.... he's had epidurals etc though doesnt say what his condition is..... ive literally just had a microdiscectomy after 2 years of back pain so i know how bad back pain can be and how debilitating it can be......i hope he can join us but wont get my hopes up

Big_Franck
20-07-2017, 06:32 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1393964-kris-commons-reveals-he-is-close-to-rejoining-hibernian/

He didn't sound too confident about his injury in that interview. I've read other posters saying it was a minor operation he had, which may be the case, but from that interview it certainly doesn't sound like his injury problem is insignificant. If he's fit he'd be a great option to have, if there's a good chance he's going to be sitting in the stand taking a good wage i'd pass.

cleanyman
20-07-2017, 06:39 PM
We can't take anything from that interview

I doubt Commons will ever play football again

hibsbollah
20-07-2017, 06:42 PM

I must admit I'm a bit sceptical as well. Normally a player would talk up his chances of recovery.

Henderson is the signing I'd love to see happen.

JohnM1875
20-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Will be the best player at the club if we can get him fit!

Got to think it reduces the chance of Henderson however

Seen a lot of this chat recently on here. Been said about Dylan and now Commons.

Are folk forgetting we have John McGinn. He's been outstanding the few games I've seen him this pre-season and was by a mile best player on the park against Sunderland!

Don't get me wrong. Commons of a good few year ago is better than McGinn. But I wouldn't say he is now.

Not singling you out by the way! Seen a few folk saying this.

Leith Green
20-07-2017, 06:44 PM
So what do Hibs do .. Wait and see if he may get better? Id rather we looked at other options to be honest . as good a player as he is , we cant just sit and wait to see if he fancies it or not

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Commons was a good player, whether he can still produce the goods and recover fully his fitness is probably a factor that only time will tell.

Jim44
20-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Well that's the Commons good news well flattened. Fair enough the guy is not fit and available at the moment but it's satisfying to hear that there is a possibility he could be reunited with us some time in the not too distant future. I don't think this will stop Lennon getting in the right players in due course.

mjhibby
20-07-2017, 09:21 PM
I must admit I'm a bit sceptical as well. Normally a player would talk up his chances of recovery.

Henderson is the signing I'd love to see happen.

I think hes been honest and realistic. He's had issues with his back and will try to get fit again. Should all go well then he will sign for us. Seems straightforward enough to me. Were probably looking at maybe 5 or 6 games into the league season( mid September) before he would near the first team. It's nonsense to suggest a 95% fit commons wouldn't be anything less than a cracking signing and a great influence on the younger players. If we initially sign him as a coach then if he gets fit sign him as a player. If he were to have a clear run from injuries then we would have a guy who would certainly enhance the squad. Even if he was playing small parts in games to begin with he can influence games. The spl isn't of a quality that outside celtic he wouldn't enhance a team.

hfc rd
20-07-2017, 09:34 PM
I think hes been honest and realistic. He's had issues with his back and will try to get fit again. Should all go well then he will sign for us. Seems straightforward enough to me. Were probably looking at maybe 5 or 6 games into the league season( mid September) before he would near the first team. It's nonsense to suggest a 95% fit commons wouldn't be anything less than a cracking signing and a great influence on the younger players. If we initially sign him as a coach then if he gets fit sign him as a player. If he were to have a clear run from injuries then we would have a guy who would certainly enhance the squad. Even if he was playing small parts in games to begin with he can influence games. The spl isn't of a quality that outside celtic he wouldn't enhance a team.

Exactly this. Couldn't agree more!

Forthview
20-07-2017, 09:41 PM

Spot on.

147lothian
20-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Put quite simply, good football players win you football matches, Kris Commons showed, in the small amount of time that he was here last season that he is a quality football player, I also think he's an honest guy who wouldn't piss anyone about, so for me its a total no brainer, I would take him back in a heart beat

TelaStella
20-07-2017, 10:09 PM
This is brilliant news I think many forget just how good an inform and fit commons can be. Wouldn't be unfair to assume this can only help the Stokes situation as well given the ex celtic connection

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2017, 03:18 AM

Why even bother with the interview and why STV big it up?

Joe6-2
21-07-2017, 10:46 AM
I feel his injury fairly bad, that Hibs are his choice, but! he might never get the health and fitness required back.
I really hope this isn't the case

lyonhibs
21-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Commons saying he'll play for us when he's back to full fitness seems to me a bit like me saying I'll play for Hibs when I'm a Pulitzer prize winning writer.

Both could technically happen but.............

Hope I'm wrong though

greenlex
21-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Commons saying he'll play for us when he's back to full fitness seems to me a bit like me saying I'll play for Hibs when I'm a Pulitzer prize winning writer.

Hope I'm wrong though
No it's not.

hibsbollah
21-07-2017, 04:17 PM

I dont argue with any of that really. Im not accusing him of dishonesty, and I think a 95% fit Commons would be a great asset. I just doubt whether he's actually going to make anything more than the occasional cameo appearance in reality, based on his recent problems.

WhileTheChief..
21-07-2017, 04:20 PM

Hope I'm wrong though

Aye, if you had previously written some best sellers, took a break and were back with a new novel.

If not, then naw!

andybev1
21-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Aye, if you had previously written some best sellers, took a break and were back with a new novel.

If not, then naw!

AAAAAnd could play like commons...

ALF TUPPER
21-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Commons going under the knife soon to try and sort his back problem. If he joins us he might need a fair bit of time to heal, get fit, lose weight and get assessed and get match fit. 🤔

Heisenberg
21-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Commons going under the knife soon to try and sort his back problem. If he joins us he might need a fair bit of time to heal, get fit, lose weight and get assessed and get match fit. 🤔

He's already had the operation. He doesn't sound convinced that he's going to play again.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Commons has been on Radio Scotland for the past half hour or so. He has resumed training and i saying he is very keen to get back playing. He said that the OP has a six- none week rcovery window and he is three weeks in.

Spoke about Lennon and Hibs very positively and more or less said he will be at Hibs if he can get fit enough to play. He spunds driven to make it back into football. Good luck with that, a fit Commons would be a massive bonus.

Col2
23-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Commons has been on Radio Scotland for the past half hour or so. He has resumed training and i saying he is very keen to get back playing. He said that the OP has a six- none week rcovery window and he is three weeks in.

Spoke about Lennon and Hibs very positively and more or less said he will be at Hibs if he can get fit enough to play. He spunds driven to make it back into football. Good luck with that, a fit Commons would be a massive bonus.

Great to hear and IF he gets fit he is one of the most influential player in Scotland. Just like Stokes can be on his game. Just like McGinn can be when compared to other midfielders and just like Ambrose can be when focussed.

So based on this update then sounds like he is 3 weeks away from training (mid Aug) and possibly fit by end of Aug. Might be good for us by 4th/5th game in.

A real game changer if we get him and if he can get fit. Goals and assists are up with the best.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Great to hear and IF he gets fit he is one of the most influential player in Scotland. Just like Stokes can be in his game. Just like McGinn can be when compared to other midfielders and just like Ambrose can be when focussed.

So based on this update then sounds like he is 3 weeks away from training (mid Aug) and possibly fit by end of Aug. Might be good for us by 4th/5th game in.

He hasn't given too much a clue as to the level of training he's doing so far, but he did say he was really keen to get back. He still on just now, tune in. He sounds like a good lad, some anecdotes about his career.

Col2
23-07-2017, 12:12 PM
He hasn't given too much a clue as to the level of training he's doing so far, but he did say he was really keen to get back. He still on just now, tune in. He sounds like a good lad, some anecdotes about his career.

Listening now but missed earlier bit. Sounds up for it and references Lennon and Parker all the time. No brainer he will sign.

23-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Oh haven't you heard, the good folks over on keekback reckon that "even a fully fit Commons wouldn't get into the hearts side". :rolleyes:

Col2
23-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Just confirmed he has spoken to Lennon who is very keen for him to join subject to wages etc. He is keen to join but will only carry on playing if he is fit enough and can help us be successful and win silverware!!

If he isn't fit he doesn't want to hang around and would rather hang up boots.

Sounds as genuine and open as you can get and isn't doing what many would do by hedging bets.

makaveli1875
23-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Oh haven't you heard, the good folks over on keekback reckon that "even a fully fit Commons wouldn't get into the hearts side". :rolleyes:

Of course he wouldnt , Commons is a footballer hertz only sign cloggers and huddys :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2017, 01:33 PM
No doubt Commons is a quality player but I can't help but feel that there are too many ifs and ands and they seem to be pointed at his needs and wants. If NL has identified that this type of player is needed then we should make a signing now and one who will stand up to a full season.

EastCalderHibby
23-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Sorry never heard such folks .certainly not on that cesspit .football wise they wouldn't know what a football player is, end of
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Ardenttwo
23-07-2017, 02:41 PM
I feel his injury fairly bad, that Hibs are his choice, but! he might never get the health and fitness required back.
I really hope this isn't the case

Dont want to rain on anyone's parade but my daughter has had the same operation on her back and is still in a lot of pain some days and has been told this is common and will be the situation for the rest of her life. Just look at Toger Woods with the same problem. I sincerly hope it's not the case with Commons but it's definitely a concern

proud_and_green
23-07-2017, 03:01 PM
I think a day of positivity should be imposed on Hibs.Net

A minimum of 'glass half full' positive posts required with no 'glass half empty' negative posts allowed.

A day where everyone looked on the bright side of things with no brickbats being chucked about willy nilly.

It would be interesting to see how the day went.

PS, I am aware that this post is in its own right a bit negative! Sorry!

GlesgaeHibby
23-07-2017, 03:21 PM

He'll be fit again before Hertz new stand is built.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Dont want to rain on anyone's parade but my daughter has had the same operation on her back and is still in a lot of pain some days and has been told this is common and will be the situation for the rest of her life. Just look at Toger Woods with the same problem. I sincerly hope it's not the case with Commons but it's definitely a concern

What was the operation Commons had? Not sure how that compares to the one Woods had, quite different use of the back from football to golf though.

Just in case you are really worried about being a discouraging black cloud on the horizon, I don't think anyone's getting too worked up by Commons, but we all know he could contribute to the development of this team with the talents he has at his disposal. Most of us wouldn't be pinning our hopes so if he does make it then it's a bonus. Good luck to the guy, sounds like a decent bloke from his interview.

pedroorange1875
23-07-2017, 03:30 PM

That was his ultimate downfall, nothing to do with his back :wink:

Golden Bear
23-07-2017, 03:31 PM
That was his ultimate downfall, nothing to do with his back :wink:

😁

Ozyhibby
23-07-2017, 03:32 PM
He'll be fit again before Hertz new stand is built.

January window then?

Eyrie
23-07-2017, 03:57 PM

A minimum of 'glass half full' positive posts required with no 'glass half empty' negative posts allowed.

A day where everyone looked on the bright side of things with no brickbats being chucked about willy nilly.

I think it would be extremely dull. Every time that you checked in you'd find that there had still not been any new posts since the previous day. And then the server would crash immediately the twenty four hours were up and normal posting was resumed :wink:

Keith_M
23-07-2017, 04:09 PM

This would about sum up DotNet for that day...

:tumble:

JeMeSouviens
23-07-2017, 05:13 PM
From the pics of the scar and 9 weeks recovery, sounds like a microdiscectomy.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2017, 05:22 PM
From the pics of the scar and 9 weeks recovery, sounds like a microdiscectomy.

Sorry when did he have the op?

Nitten Hibee
23-07-2017, 05:35 PM
I had a microdiscectomy done in October last year now granted I am no athlete but I was told to wait at least 3 months before playing 5s ect 6 months for heavy weights ect.

I will be chuffed If Kris signs but knowing fine well how much this issue can hold you back I wont be getting my hopes too high.

Souter96Mac
23-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Wage depending, I think it'd be useful having him around the club as a coach anyway. If he can play even better, but I think his influence on our younger players would be vital.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-07-2017, 07:02 PM
I had a microdiscectomy done in October last year now granted I am no athlete but I was told to wait at least 3 months before playing 5s ect 6 months for heavy weights ect.

I will be chuffed If Kris signs but knowing fine well how much this issue can hold you back I wont be getting my hopes too high.

How long did u have off work

Nitten Hibee
23-07-2017, 07:42 PM
How long did u have off work

12 weeks the OH dept at my work insisted I stay off due to the physical nature of my job. I would hazard a guess Kris will get much better aftercare, physio ect than the standard NHS stuff I received though

jgl07
24-07-2017, 09:50 AM

I am intrigued about Todger Woods.

I know he has a reputation for putting it about a bit but...

Crazyhorse
24-07-2017, 09:58 AM

Don't ... you'll hijack the thread with dodgy puns about 'holes'...

Speedway
24-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Apparently got caught in a bit of rough.

KWJ
24-07-2017, 10:58 AM
The wages depending bit that he mentioned on Radio Scotland is what has me more concerned than even his back.

If they are a large factor then he could still be off to another club.

Hopefully his family living in Scotland, his relationship with NL and GP along with his experience last season is enough to keep him here. He seems honest enough about his intentions so perhaps if the contract was heavily weighted towards appearances and bonuses we'd be able to get into his ballpark.

The_Horde
24-07-2017, 12:30 PM

Agreed. Putting that on here was a bad move.

Springbank
24-07-2017, 12:37 PM
The wages depending bit that he mentioned on Radio Scotland is what has me more concerned than even his back. .

He would have been on a fair wedge at Celtic

JeMeSouviens
24-07-2017, 12:54 PM

http://manapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/its-a-trap.jpg

MKHIBEE
24-07-2017, 01:19 PM

or shafts

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2017, 01:27 PM
When he was last here, he did chip in with some very important goals.

snooky
24-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Apparently got caught in a bit of rough.

Does he replace divets when he plays with a Brazilian? That is the question.

JeMeSouviens
24-07-2017, 01:29 PM
You'd go a fair way to find puns as bad as hibs.net!

CockneyRebel
24-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Agreed. Putting that on here was a bad move.

We've still got some other irons in the fire though.

Mikers110
24-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Sure I heard Sunshine on Speith being sung yesterday

Silversand
24-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Hoping we can drive this deal through & that Hibs fans idle chat don't bunker the deal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
24-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Starting to ⛳️ with all these puns 👍

JeMeSouviens
24-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Meanwhile, Commons has refused to rule out a return to Easter Road where he enjoyed a successful loan spell last season under Neil Lennon.

He added: “A lot of people know that me and Neil really get on. But not only that, I really enjoyed my time at Hibs. It’s a good time to be a part of the league.

“I said on a station the other day that, you know, it is in the pipeline.

“I think what they’re doing at the minute, along with the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen, they’re really investing in this league and investing in players to make them better and try to bridge the gap between them and Celtic.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ris-commons-says-former-celtic-10856451

Eyrie
24-07-2017, 03:29 PM

We should form our own club.

But no cardigans, Rovers or 3pm tee times on a Saturday.

OsloHibs
24-07-2017, 03:59 PM
He was good a few years back. But we need a regular scorer, the other night proved that. Hope we get someone soon.