PDA

View Full Version : Team for Friday

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Can Matulevicius play? Will Whittaker? Chance of Stokes?
If we want to win the group then we need at least a penalties win so a big game or it's a tough draw next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElginHibbie
20-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Rocky
Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Swanson
Boyle
S Murray

B.H.F.C
20-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Can Matulevicius play? Will Whittaker? Chance of Stokes?
If we want to win the group then we need at least a penalties win so a big game or it's a tough draw next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitty has to play. Not had any pre season games yet but will be required to play the first league game at right back. Same goes for Efe. Need to get them up to speed.

IAmLee
20-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Rocky
Gray
Ambrose/Porteous
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson
McGeouch
McGinn
Swanson
Boyle
Murray

ElginHibbie
20-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Whitty has to play. Not had any pre season games yet but will be required to play the first league game at right back. Same goes for Efe. Need to get them up to speed.

Nah, this is basically the group decider so strongest, fittest team possible. Play those who need fitness against Arbroath, then team who will start season against Alloa

B.H.F.C
20-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Nah, this is basically the group decider so strongest, fittest team possible. Play those who need fitness against Arbroath, then team who will start season against Alloa

In fairness, the two players I'm talking about would arguably improve the team.

ElginHibbie
20-07-2017, 03:22 PM
In fairness, the two players I'm talking about would arguably improve the team.

Fully fit no question, but Whittaker said he was a couple of weeks behind the others in terms of fitness and who knows with Efe, so personally wouldn't risk it in this match

Nameless
20-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Rocky

Whitty Efe Daz Lewis

McGinn Dylan F.Murray

Swanson

S.Murray Boyle

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
20-07-2017, 03:31 PM

Good shout
Lennon says he's using this as a pre season game. Would have thought, wven if we lost, 9 points will be enough to get one of the 2nd based spots

Speedway
20-07-2017, 03:37 PM
According to Lennon, Efe, Whitty and Big Davy will all play.

What does he know though?

Iggy Pope
20-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Delighted that some posters are recognising this as an important game. Saturday was a pre season kick about in some quarters.
Strongest, fittest XI has to start and avoid agitation.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Fully fit no question, but Whittaker said he was a couple of weeks behind the others in terms of fitness and who knows with Efe, so personally wouldn't risk it in this match

I think it's the ideal game for him. Got to remember the team you're playing against aren't fully up to speed either. But it's a game where he'll get a proper test and a proper bit of fitness. How much is he really going to get out of Arbroath on Tuesday night which will likely be another stroll.

Iggy Pope
20-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Good shout
Lennon says he's using this as a pre season game. Would have thought, wven if we lost, 9 points will be enough to get one of the 2nd based spots

Bugger that. 2nd place behind Ross Co sets a standard! :wink:

HibsNutter
20-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
McGregor
Ambrose (How good does that GK + back four look btw?)
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch

Swanson
Stokes:wink:
Dave

Souter96Mac
20-07-2017, 03:53 PM
According to Lennon, Efe, Whitty and Big Davy will all play.

What does he know though?

Where/when did he say this? Would like to see them all play imo, but do recognise this is an important game in our group stages

ElginHibbie
20-07-2017, 03:53 PM
I think it's the ideal game for him. Got to remember the team you're playing against aren't fully up to speed either. But it's a game where he'll get a proper test and a proper bit of fitness. How much is he really going to get out of Arbroath on Tuesday night which will likely be another stroll.

As we are playing Patrick at home think he'd be better suited getting 90 minutes at Easter Road regardless of opposition, especially if the plan is to play 3-5-2

Just my opinion though, lucky with defence currently where Idon't think there is a wrong answer

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Marciano

Gray McGregor Efe Stevenson

Whittaker McGinn McGeoch Swanson

Murray Dave

Billy Whizz
20-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Where/when did he say this? Would like to see them all play imo, but do recognise this is an important game in our group stages

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/neil-lennon-says-hes-treating-hibs-cup-clash-with-ross-county-as-a-pre-season-match/

Franck Stanton
20-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Yep that's the team I would play as well, in fact, be happy to play that team almost every game of the season. ( dependant on how good/bad Big Dave is).

madhatter
20-07-2017, 04:15 PM
https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/neil-lennon-says-hes-treating-hibs-cup-clash-with-ross-county-as-a-pre-season-match/

I'm sure Lennon will play Whittaker, Efe and Deivydas if they are fit enough. Even slightly lacking in match sharpness, that is two current Internationalists and 1 ex-Scotland internationalist. High quality players and its not as if we are playing our "reserves" or a full team of youngsters. Regardless of match sharpness and regardless of Lennon saying that it is pre-season, there is no way Lennon will be telling them to take it easy and just get their fitness up, he'll be going for the win as much as any other week.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
McGeouch

Swanson

Murray
Big Dave

Souter96Mac
20-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
McGeouch

Swanson

Murray
Big Dave

Would like to see this, with the likes of Boyle and F.Murray coming on 2nd half

hfc rd
20-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
McGeouch

Swanson

Murray
Big Dave

This is also the team I'd like to see.

Billy Whizz
20-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Wonder which stand we'll be in tomorrow night.
We'll take a decent support as always

J-C
20-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Rocky

Ambrose
McGregor
Fontaine

Whittaker
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Swanson

Davy
Murray

frazeHFC
20-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Couldn't even decide on my starting 11. As much as I think Whittaker and Dave need some first team action, and Swanson/Ambrose can come back in, it would also be harsh on Boyle, F.Murray and Porteous to be dropped.

Although as Lennon has said he sees it as a pre-season game to get everyone up to speed. Good selection headache to have though!

neil7908
20-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Boyle doesn't seem to be featuring in many folks first 11. He's definitely a player I think will be really important for us this season and I'd be starting him just about every week.

Marciano

Whittaker Ambrose McGregor Stevenson

McGeough Bartley McGinn

Boyle Dave/Murray Swanson

hibsforeurope
21-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Everyone has Whittaker on the right, I wouldn't be surprised if Stevenson got a rest at somepoint on Friday, hes played a lot of minutes lately. With Gray suspended for league opener we don't want burn out this early on.

Effe and big Davy will probably start from the bench.

Borderhibbie76
21-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Today's EEN says Big Davy unlikely to feature

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
21-07-2017, 07:37 AM
............Marciano............

......Porteous..McGreggor..Ambrose...

Whittaker........................Stevenson

.................McGeough.............

.......McGinn..............Swanson....

.......Murray...........Davy.........

Souter96Mac
21-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Despite having not seen Davy yet, our team is shaping up very nicely imo. Defensively we look very competent, and the we're starting to get the final pieces of the puzzle now with forward players coming in.

Well of course tonight's result will hopefully back this up!

Big_Franck
21-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Today's EEN says Big Davy unlikely to feature

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lennon says during this (https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/videos/1372697749495949/) interview that he's in great shape and will feature at some point, so I'd guess he'll come off the bench.

number9dream
21-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Will we go with a back three and Bartley? McGinn, McGeouch and Swanson must surely feature in our best XI, so maybe a change of shape to 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with Swanson and Boyle either side of Murray.
It's tricky to fit three centre-halves, Marv and two strikers.

Centre Hawf
21-07-2017, 11:32 AM
3-5-2 and play Gray and Porteous over Whittaker and Ambrose. I think Porteous has earned his chance in this game and will be good to see how good this laddie is. Whittaker I would rather just let gain fitness vs Arbroath and Alloa and I think a game of this intensity (all be it semi pre season ish) well help Gray keep fit for when his suspensions up. I'd also have Dave and Murray up top or Shaw instead of Dave if he's not ready.

IAmLee
21-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Will we go with a back three and Bartley? McGinn, McGeouch and Swanson must surely feature in our best XI, so maybe a change of shape to 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with Swanson and Boyle either side of Murray.
It's tricky to fit three centre-halves, Marv and two strikers.

I don't really like the sound of a back 3 AND Barts playing unless it's against the likes of Celtic, far too defensive imo. My midfield 3 right now would be McGinn, McGeouch & Swanson with Murray & Boyle/Davy up top.

Speedway
21-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Rocky

Ambrose
McGregor
Contains

Whittaker
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Swanson

Davy
Murray

Did I miss a signing J-C?

J-C
21-07-2017, 11:40 AM

Bloody phone predictor, I hate it :greengrin, obviously Fontaine.

Northernhibee
21-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Lewis

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Swanson

Murray
Graham

Subs: Laidlaw, Whittaker, Fonts, Bartley, F. Murray, Matulevicius, Shaw

JDHibs
21-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Rocky

Daz
Ambrose
Porteous

Whittaker
Mcginn
McGeough
Stevenson

Swanson

Dave
Murray

Keith_M
21-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Lewis

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Swanson

Murray
Graham

Subs: Laidlaw, Whittaker, Fonts, Bartley, F. Murray, Matulevicius, Stokes

Fixed that for you...

:wink:

Northernhibee
21-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Fixed that for you...

:wink:

You've ruined it!

Matulevicius is spelt wrong, clearly

Kato
21-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Why are people calling him "Dave" when his name is Rodney?

greenlex
21-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Yup he's a defensive midfielder.

Bishop Hibee
21-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Rocky

Fontaine
McGregor
Porteous

Gray
McGinn
McGeoch
Swanson
Stevenson

S Murray
Boyle

Don't think big Dave, Ambrose and Whittaker will be fit enough to start.

Keith_M
21-07-2017, 11:47 AM
You've ruined it!

Matulevicius is spelt wrong, clearly

His name is Matty Vicious. I believe he used to be a Top Boy in the CCS.

21-07-2017, 01:36 PM
What a headache Lennons got for defense.

Whitty
McGreagor
Gray
Stevenson
Hanlon
Ambrose
Fontaine
Porteous (probably not first team ready yet but a promising one for the future).

Strongest for me would be Whitaker, McGreagor, Ambrose and Stevenson but the others are also more than capable.