PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

Unseen work
20-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Anyone know the plan for him this season?

Everytime he has had a start he has looked brilliant and got a lot of praise from Lennon, players and fans. However, unfortunately it's only been about 2-3 games at a time cause players have returned from injuries and Lennon understandably wanted to use experience.

Is he the reason Lennon wasn't bothered about Fyvie? Will he take his role in the squad?

For a young guy he seems incredible mature and switched on too, fantastic attitude.

bingo70
20-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Tin hat on but I'm not convinced he'll make it.

Tidy enough player but doesn't seem to have that spark to make him really stand out and progress to the next level. I don't mean this disrespectfully but he reminds me a bit of Ross Chisholm in that he was always just there, keen to get on the ball and was a bit of a pest to the opposition but just lacked that something extra you need to make it at a club looking to get to where we want to be.

Would love to be wrong though, its great when a youngster comes through the ranks and makes an impact.

Thecat23
20-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Tidy enough player but doesn't seem to have that spark to make him really stand out and progress to the next level. I don't mean this disrespectfully but he reminds me a bit of Ross Chisholm in that he was always just there, keen to get on the ball and was a bit of a pest to the opposition but just lacked that something extra you need to make it at a club looking to get to where we want to be.

Would love to be wrong though, its great when a youngster comes through the ranks and makes an impact.

Have to admit that's where I am with him as well. But I'd love him to make it though.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2017, 12:17 PM
He needs to play games but I think he'll struggle to do that.

Brightside
20-07-2017, 12:20 PM
He'll only be cover. He's another who really needs to be playing every week so he can develop and improve, but Lennon has Bartley ahead of him in that area.

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Plenty talent. He needs to want it though.

CapitalGreen
20-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Should have went out on loan last season. He played less than 400 mins for us last season so really should be loaned out.

HibsNutter
20-07-2017, 12:36 PM

^

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 12:43 PM

Best assessment of him I've seen. To make the breakthrough you need to make it impossible for the manager to leave you out. Martin has never managed this. If he doesn't this season then he won't be a Hibs player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunfyhibee
20-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Been impressed with him anytime I've seen him play. Has a bit of bite about him that can sometimes be missing if big Marv isn't playing, hope he's given more of a chance this season but as others have said he must force his way in.

Bishop Hibee
20-07-2017, 01:32 PM

Agree. He has a great chance to make the holding midfield role his own but I haven't seen enough to suggest he will do that. Happy to be proved wrong.

Boyle89
20-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Agree. He has a great chance to make the holding midfield role his own but I haven't seen enough to suggest he will do that. Happy to be proved wrong.

It's a big ask to displace Bartley who imo is the best at that job in the league outside of Celtic.

The Modfather
20-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Ach, he has plenty of time. Probably another ten years before we collectively acknowledge he wont make it ala Stanton and Harris. What's the rush :devil: :greengrin

J-C
20-07-2017, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't say the DM role is his natural position, he's more of a linking role like Dylan plays, good passing range and quick tempo.