PDA

View Full Version : Celtc = The Rangers

Keith_M
20-07-2017, 08:41 AM
After the disgusting banner glorifying a Terrorist* at last night's game, added to their previous displays and songs, there is no doubt in my mind that fans of Celtc and The Rangers are one and the same...

Complete s-c-u-m!

* Please don't give me any crap about Freedom Fighters

EDIT: Link (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15421801.Flak_flies_over_paramilitary_style_banner _at_Celtic_s_Champions_League_clash/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor) to Herald article

surreyhibbie
20-07-2017, 08:43 AM
After the disgsuting banner glorifying a Terrorist* at last night's game, added to their previous displays and songs, there is no doubt in my mind that fans of Celtc and The Rangers are one and the same...

Complete s-c-u-m!

but, but, it's just a minority...honest...

:rolleyes:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-07-2017, 08:44 AM
What was the banner?

.Sean.
20-07-2017, 08:45 AM
After the disgsuting banner glorifying a Terrorist* at last night's game, added to their previous displays and songs, there is no doubt in my mind that fans of Celtc and The Rangers are one and the same...

Complete s-c-u-m!

Said this for years but the Celtic apologists will be along shortly no doubt.

Two crusty cheeks of the same *****-stained arse.

Betty Boop
20-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Not according to most on here.

Keith_M
20-07-2017, 08:49 AM
What was the banner?

I've added a link to my post.

DavieRoy
20-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Change things slightly but in keeping with the thread title, I notice that Celtic and Rangers are back to looking after each other at the SPFL and SFA.

Last year, Peter Lawwell put himself forward for the SPFL board and Stewart Robertson for the SFA, both got on. Now it is roles reversed, Robertson for the SPFL and Lawwell for the SFA. Their fans may not like it, they may have a go at each other but when it comes to money and the voting structure, they are the best of pals.

green&left
20-07-2017, 08:50 AM

Complete s-c-u-m!

There's stuff like that all over certain areas in the north and no-one appears to bat an eyelid. Who gives a ****.

Brightside
20-07-2017, 08:51 AM
There are Hibs fans supporting it on twitter.

.Sean.
20-07-2017, 08:52 AM
There are Hibs fans supporting it on twitter.
Embarassing.

Since90+2
20-07-2017, 08:54 AM
To be honest a banner with some pictures on it is hardly getting worth getting worked up over whether its displayed at Celtic Park or Ibrox.

Big_Franck
20-07-2017, 08:55 AM
After the disgusting banner glorifying a Terrorist* at last night's game, added to their previous displays and songs, there is no doubt in my mind that fans of Celtc and The Rangers are one and the same...

Complete s-c-u-m!

EDIT: Link (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15421801.Flak_flies_over_paramilitary_style_banner _at_Celtic_s_Champions_League_clash/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor) to Herald article

Totally agree. Hate both clubs and both sets of fans with a passion. Bigoted manky weegie ******s that they are.

Edit: re tards is now blocked?

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2017, 08:56 AM
2017 and we're still hearing pish like "Up the Ra" and Irish political bull**** from 2 clubs based in Scotland. ****ing embarrassing

Then once they're done with the religious and political nonsense of Ireland, they move on to point scoring over child abuse (yeah honestly they stoop that low) then celtic will jump on the band wagon of any far left movement which of course means the rangers must take the complete opposite stance.

The absolute dregs of our game. Believe me, i'd ****ing love it if they both disappeared from our game

We talk about the SFA being dinosaurs and living in the past. Our 2 biggest and most successful clubs are still talking about events from over 300 years ago in another ****ing country!!!

DarlingtonHibee
20-07-2017, 08:56 AM
The bit that makes me sick the most is that both boards play on the sectarian card, and both sets of fans lap it up. Scotlands biggest shame.

Big_Franck
20-07-2017, 08:59 AM
2017 and we're still hearing pish like "Up the Ra" and Irish political bull**** from 2 clubs based in Scotland. ****ing embarrassing

Then once they're done with the religious and political nonsense of Ireland, they move on to point scoring over child abuse (yeah honestly they stoop that low) then celtic will jump on the band wagon of any far left movement which of course means the rangers must take the complete opposite stance.

The absolute dregs of our game. Believe me, i'd ****ing love it if they both disappeared from our game

We talk about the SFA being dinosaurs and living in the past. Our 2 biggest and most successful clubs are still talking about events from over 300 years ago in another ****ing country!!!

They are not just the dregs of our game, they're the dregs of Scottish society.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 08:59 AM
They should have put a 'strip the titles' banner up beside it. There is no way the press would have reported it then.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170720/2f81d32641482b837eb877428d1f1c07.jpg

Not sure how anyone could be disgusted by it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
20-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Complete s-c-u-m!

Two cheeks same erse on the terraces, different causes same behaviour.

Change things slightly but in keeping with the thread title, I notice that Celtic and Rangers are back to looking after each other at the SPFL and SFA.

Last year, Peter Lawwell put himself forward for the SPFL board and Stewart Robertson for the SFA, both got on. Now it is roles reversed, Robertson for the SPFL and Lawwell for the SFA. Their fans may not like it, they may have a go at each other but when it comes to money and the voting structure, they are the best of pals.

Two cheeks same erse behind the scenes.

They're both playing football in the wrong country but who else wants the baggage outside of the Emerald Isle?

Smartie
20-07-2017, 09:00 AM
If you want to be taken seriously when you object to Sevco's nonsense you could do a whole lot to strengthen your case if you didn't display stuff like that or hang those effigies from a year or so back.

It's not acceptable and shouldn't be condoned.

Bishop Hibee
20-07-2017, 09:12 AM
They should have put a 'strip the titles' banner up beside it. There is no way the press would have reported it then.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170720/2f81d32641482b837eb877428d1f1c07.jpg

Not sure how anyone could be disgusted by it though.

The original 'sign' in Ireland had 'snipers at work' and a picture of a paramilitary with a rifle. Some Celtc supporters simply haven't moved on since the Good Friday agreement sadly. The party tunes were being belted out as well I believe. No place in a football stadium.

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Ill advised, irrelevant and inappropriate.

I'd happily argue in favour of the Republican cause in Northern Ireland. It's not a 'discussion' for inside a football stadium though.

Wee Effen Bee
20-07-2017, 09:13 AM
To be honest a banner with some pictures on it is hardly getting worth getting worked up over whether its displayed at Celtic Park or Ibrox.

Some spleen-venting on here is there not? I will go against the grain and say still 2 entities diametrically opposed to each other - especially politically. One group supporting the invaded and the other supporting the invaders. So yes, whether the OP likes it or not, freedom fighters for a great many.
What upset me more was the way both colluded in stitching up the Scottish league to give them undemocratic veto rights. This helped them both grab more and more monies from every other club and their fans.
Now, what's worse, old-time dafties , marching, singing songs and waving flags or someone chucking hefty batteries and Buckie bottles at players?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-07-2017, 09:35 AM
I've added a link to my post.

Cheers.

Yeah, thats not great - the rodgers ar work in the style of the old snipers at work might juat be obsvure enough to be passable, but the provo in the banner is unacceptable imo.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 09:36 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170720/c079e9127c2fa557a3d240c63818ea69.jpg
Their official magazine has used the same imagery before without anyone batting an eyelid?

Mantis Toboggan
20-07-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm normally inclined to try and defend Celtc from accusations that they are the same as Rangers, but those banners are totally unacceptable and whoever took them in should be looking at a stadium ban.

.Sean.
20-07-2017, 09:51 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170720/c079e9127c2fa557a3d240c63818ea69.jpg
Their official magazine has used the same imagery before without anyone batting an eyelid?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAye, cause it wouldn't be like Celtic to pander to the dregs that follow them would it :rolleyes:

18Hibee75
20-07-2017, 11:38 AM
I certainly don't agree that it should have anything to do with football. IMO sevco are a lot worse and I hate them a lot more as I completely disagree with the majority of their fans beliefs, supporting the orange walk and all that crap.

In Ireland however, there are many people who still look up to the IRA and regard them as heroes for fighting for freedom. Yes, they are terrorists, no doubt about it but they did also help with the freedom of Republic of Ireland.

A discussion however that really should be completely irrelevant with a game of football and I see no need for Celtic to be involved. A very small minority of hibs fans do sing songs about the IRA etc as I witnessed on the train back from the friendly against dunfermline. With songs about Rudi Skacel dying with a bullet from the IRA and ooh ah up the ra. Embarrassing.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

pacoluna
20-07-2017, 12:08 PM
I certainly don't agree that it should have anything to do with football. IMO sevco are a lot worse and I hate them a lot more as I completely disagree with the majority of their fans beliefs, supporting the orange walk and all that crap.

In Ireland however, there are many people who still look up to the IRA and regard them as heroes for fighting for freedom. Yes, they are terrorists, no doubt about it but they did also help with the freedom of Republic of Ireland.

A discussion however that really should be completely irrelevant with a game of football and I see no need for Celtic to be involved. A very small minority of hibs fans do sing songs about the IRA etc as I witnessed on the train back from the friendly against dunfermline. With songs about Rudi Skacel dying with a bullet from the IRA and ooh ah up the ra. Embarrassing.

i've never heard any hibs fan chant ooh ah up the ra... surely not?

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2017, 12:10 PM

RE the bit in bold, agree completely and something I've witnessed first hand on buses to semi/finals. Thankfully a quiet word in the ear seems to nip it in the bud but something I'd prefer we stopped altogether albeit it's only a minority

Mantis Toboggan
20-07-2017, 12:14 PM

That was the original IRA, which is not the same organisation that is being sung about/referenced in banners here.

18Hibee75
20-07-2017, 12:32 PM
That was the original IRA, which is not the same organisation that is being sung about/referenced in banners here.
Fair enough.

18Hibee75
20-07-2017, 12:33 PM
On the train back there was certainly a small group (a very small of about 6 or 7) all singing it, I was very surprised.

givescotlandfreedom
20-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Celtc is a crass and classless club riddled with hypocrisy and contradictions. Not unlike Sevco.

givescotlandfreedom
20-07-2017, 12:40 PM

There was a verse of a song about Stokes' dad being in the IRA sung in the Harp and Castle during the cup final replay. I was with an English friend who's starting to get quite into Hibs which made it all the more cringeworthy.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Celtc is a crass and classless club riddled with hypocrisy and contradictions. Not unlike Sevco.

Exactly. They're pathetic.

Is there a more unoriginal club or institution in the world? Do they have anything that they can truly claim as there own?

Stolen strips
Stolen huddle X2
Stolen songs

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 12:46 PM
We need to lift that daft sectarian football ban, that'll solve everything. :aok:

Kato
20-07-2017, 12:58 PM
I've no problem with Celtc fans, or anyone else for that matter, identifying with being Irish. What gets me is the narrow vision of what "Irishness" is in their eyes - it boils down to an affinity with the IRA. I'm not expecting them to sing about James Joyce or chant the Father Ted theme but it's obvious that the IRA thing is just used as it's the most extreme way of causing offence/disgust in their rivals. On twitter before the last OF game at Ibrox a Celtc fan was saying how great it would be if everyone in their end had an Irish tricolour to wave as the teams came out. If that was in support of their club, well, each to their own but he thought it would be great as "it would get right up their noses", nothing to do with Celtc at all.

Sad, big bairns.

allezsauzee
20-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Why do we spend so much time talking about these eejits? The more i hear about these clubs, the happier and prouder I am to support the Hibees. So lets not get mad at them, lets just get behind the Hibs and give our boys the backing to give both of them a beating next season.

HibsNutter
20-07-2017, 01:18 PM
You can sadly see Celticy habits creeping into the minds of some younger Hibs fans. Wish they'd **** off to Parkhead.

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 01:21 PM
You can sadly see Celticy habits creeping into the minds of some younger Hibs fans. Wish they'd **** off to Parkhead.

It's auld baldy heeds who hold on to their hardline outdated views. The younger ones you refer to, get it passed down to them.

norhfc
20-07-2017, 01:23 PM
A Celtic friend shared this with me, from last nights game with Linfield, made me laugh.

Walking to my stadium in Scotland, to hear opposition fans from Ireland
telling me to go home to, wait for it....Ireland :rolleyes:

only in Scotland eh.

Mantis Toboggan
20-07-2017, 01:41 PM
I've no problem with Celtc fans, or anyone else for that matter, identifying with being Irish. What gets me is the narrow vision of what "Irishness" is in their eyes - it boils down to an affinity with the IRA. I'm not expecting them to sing about James Joyce or chant the Father Ted theme but it's obvious that the IRA thing is just used as it's the most extreme way of causing offence/disgust in their rivals. On twitter before the last OF game at Ibrox a Celtc fan was saying how great it would be if everyone in their end had an Irish tricolour to wave as the teams came out. If that was in support of their club, well, each to their own but he thought it would be great as "it would get right up their noses", nothing to do with Celtc at all.

Sad, big bairns.

:faf:
Would love to see us adopt this. Or maybe adapt 'My Lovely Horse' for terrace use.

pacoluna
20-07-2017, 01:56 PM

:greengrin shift the blame on to the youngsters.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2017, 02:06 PM
I've said it before but I honestly don't see how anyone can say that Celtic fans are any better than Rangers.

Both of them are a cancerous blight on Scottish football and society in general and I would happily see the back of the pair of them.

18Hibee75
20-07-2017, 02:08 PM
How can you know this? Bit harsh just blaming the youngsters.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 02:10 PM
:greengrin shift the blame on to the youngsters.

The youngsters are more open minded than my generation ever was. As for the one that went before, don't make me laugh. I can remember an Easter road where racism, sectarianism, sexism and bigotry were the norm rather than the rare occurrence they are today. That goes for all clubs, except Sevco. Still pretty normal there.

.Sean.
20-07-2017, 02:13 PM
There was a verse of a song about Stokes' dad being in the IRA sung in the Harp and Castle during the cup final replay. I was with an English friend who's starting to get quite into Hibs which made it all the more cringeworthy.
About hating the queen aswell. Proper embarassing.

Anything Hibs getting associated with Celtic churns my stomach.

Johnny Clash
20-07-2017, 02:22 PM
I've said it before but I honestly don't see how anyone can say that Celtic fans are any better than Rangers.

Both of them are a cancerous blight on Scottish football and society in general and I would happily see the back of the pair of them.

It's easy. They are!

Of course both teams have nutters in their ranks but generally the Celtic support are much 'better'. That's why we all go to Celtc venues before Hampden. I've never met a hibby yet who would prefer to go to Billy Boy venues. I've also walked through both sets of supporters with hibs gear on with my young kids in tow and I was only gobbed on, called a Fenian B****rd and threatened by one set. So I think your wrong mate but that's just my experience.

Steve20
20-07-2017, 02:27 PM
It's easy. They are!

Of course both teams have nutters in their ranks but generally the Celtic support are much 'better'. That's why we all go to Celtc venues before Hampden. I've never met a hibby yet who would prefer to go to Billy Boy venues. I've also walked through both sets of supporters with hibs gear on with my young kids in tow and I was only gobbed on, called a Fenian B****rd and threatened by one set. So I think your wrong mate but that's just my experience.

Celtic are no better than Rangers fans. Hate this Celtic love some of our support have. In my experience Celtic fans are actually worse. No trouble at all coming from away games at Ibrox, but have witnessed plenty at Parkhead.

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 02:34 PM
About hating the queen aswell. Proper embarassing.

Anything Hibs getting associated with Celtic churns my stomach.

I hate the royals, including the queen. Oh well.

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Celtic are no better than Rangers fans. Hate this Celtic love some of our support have. In my experience Celtic fans are actually worse. No trouble at all coming from away games at Ibrox, but have witnessed plenty at Parkhead.

Sorry mate, but thats crap.

There's no "love" here for Celtic. But i'd much rather put up with Celtics annoyances than the raw danger of being around sevco fans.

marinello59
20-07-2017, 02:37 PM
I hate the royals, including the queen. Oh well.

I've never met the woman, she might be quite pleasant.

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 02:44 PM
I've never met the woman, she might be quite pleasant.

I said I hated the queen, not the person behind the crown. I'm sure there's a nice old lady behind that multi million pound jewelry.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Surely you can thibk they are not as bad as the huns, without loving them?

I certainly do - i dont know how anyone can objectively look at a club founded and bred on racism and anti-catholicism, and not think they are worse than one that while with some unpleasant elements (they are from glasgow, how could they not?) But nowhere near the level of institutionalised hatred.

Also, as a club with a catholic identity ourselves (allbeit a largely historic one) i think it is perfectly understandable that our suppprt would, on balance, have more dislike of the anti-catholic club.

Bostonhibby
20-07-2017, 03:05 PM
I said I hated the queen, not the person behind the crown. I'm sure there's a nice old lady behind that multi million pound jewelry.

I'm a Republican, good luck to the old trout I say, if we abolished her and her assorted hangers on tomorrow I dare say they'd have an enjoyable and comfortable life compared to most other pensioners and unemployed and the rest of us could start afresh saving all that money and diverting it into public services.

Phil the Greeks quite a good laugh, I think he could have done a turn as the next chairman of the SPFL.

Smartie
20-07-2017, 03:10 PM
:faf:
Would love to see us adopt this. Or maybe adapt 'My Lovely Horse' for terrace use.

My lovely Fonts,
Running through midfield,
Where are you going with your noggin shining in the wind........

I want to shower you with half pizzas, and ride you.. (actually, this bit needs a bit more work - Smartie)

My lovely Fonts you're a youngster no more,
Running around, with Hibs fans on your back, like a train in the night......

Must be this version though. Not the "other" one from the show.

https://youtu.be/jzYzVMcgWhg

Bostonhibby
20-07-2017, 03:12 PM
My lovely Fonts,
Running through midfield,
Where are you going with your noggin shining in the wind........

I want to shower you with half pizzas, and ride you.. (actually, this bit needs a bit more work - Smartie)

My lovely Fonts you're a youngster no more,
Running around, with Hibs fans on your back, like a train in the night......

Must be this version though. Not the "other" one from the show.

https://youtu.be/jzYzVMcgWhg

:thumbsup: Think this episodes hilarious, I imagine his cameo as Father Dougal is what propelled Cathro to the Gorgie Galacticos gig.

Pete
20-07-2017, 03:26 PM
People who think Celtic are any better than Rangers aren't looking at the bigger picture. Just because we get better treatment by Celtic fans and more abuse from Rangers doesn't mean they are any better at heart. Ask a hearts fan what he thinks and I bet he'll say he doesn't get as much abuse at Ibrox than he does at parkhead. All of this stuff about club history is irrelevant too. For everyone who moans about their racism and bigotry, there are people who are disgusted with Celtics rise to prominence on the back of their historic support for terrorism and anti-British stance.

Time to step back and realise that preferring one over the other is like choosing a side when watching a fight in a primary school playground.

I've said it before but almost everyone could learn from our model of inclusion where Unuon flags are found next to Tricilours. It's called maturity.

Keith_M
20-07-2017, 03:31 PM
As an update:

UEFA are to charge Celtc for the paramilitary banner and their fans' sectarian singing during yesterday's game.

Linfield are also going to be charged over sectarian singing.

Just a shame our esteemed footballing authorities have not got the bottle to follow their example.

Since90+2
20-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Not sure about the theory that Hearts fans are treated worse at Celtic Park than they are at Ibrox. Their fans have had a couple of doings at Ibrox in recent years IIRC.

Pete
20-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Not sure about the theory that Hearts fans are treated worse at Celtic Park than they are at Ibrox. Their fans have had a couple of doings at Ibrox in recent years IIRC.

Indeed, but Rangers fans in general definitely have a preference for them.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2017, 03:48 PM
People who think Celtic are any better than Rangers aren't looking at the bigger picture. Just because we get better treatment by Celtic fans and more abuse from Rangers doesn't mean they are any better at heart. Ask a hearts fan what he thinks and I bet he'll say he doesn't get as much abuse at Ibrox than he does at parkhead. All of this stuff about club history is irrelevant too. For everyone who moans about their racism and bigotry, there are people who are disgusted with Celtics rise to prominence on the back of their historic support for terrorism and anti-British stance.

Time to step back and realise that preferring one over the other is like choosing a side when watching a fight in a primary school playground.

I've said it before but almost everyone could learn from our model of inclusion where Unuon flags are found next to Tricilours. It's called maturity.

Excellent post Pete

Sean1875
20-07-2017, 03:54 PM

In fairness though we can only base our opinion on what I/we have experienced. The worst football abuse i've ever experienced has been from Rangers fans, therefore I can honestly say they are worse than Celtic fans to me - I'm certainly not alone in having a deeper hatred for Rangers than even I do for Hearts and that is in no small part down to their fans.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no time for Celtic fans either, but Sevco fans are in their own league in my eyes

Pete
20-07-2017, 04:00 PM
In fairness though we can only base our opinion on what I/we have experienced. The worst football abuse i've ever experienced has been from Rangers fans, therefore I can honestly say they are worse than Celtic fans to me - I'm certainly not alone in having a deeper hatred for Rangers than even I do for Hearts and that is in no small part down to their fans.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no time for Celtic fans either, but Sevco fans are in their own league in my eyes

I totally understand that mate. However, isn't it better to form a judgement based on something more than your personal experiences?

Smartie
20-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Indeed, but Rangers fans in general definitely have a preference for them.

I don't think they do any more.

The Rangers fans view them as some sort of traitors, as if they've been let down by them along the way.

There is a lot of bad blood between the fans of those two clubs and there is a strong (although entirely hypocritical) push amongst the Hearts fans for title stripping.

There's no love lost between ourselves and Rangers, but that's always been the way.

There also seems to be closer links between our club and Celtic than ever before. The good relationship between the clubs is working out quite well for both parties.

I'm not into either Celtic or Rangers though, and I'll always view them both with similar distaste. Celtic like us more so it's easy to go easy on them but they are both the same imo.

I'm a very loosely secular protestant, believe passionately that Scotland should be independent, believe (although not passionately or strongly) that Ireland should be unified but I am totally against anything happening in a football stadium that condones any sort of terrorism. Some of the stuff that Celtic fans have done inside Celtic Park in recent years has been disgusting. It allows Sevco to feel entitled to spill their poison.

allezsauzee
20-07-2017, 04:09 PM
As an update:

UEFA are to charge Celtc for the paramilitary banner and their fans' sectarian singing during yesterday's game.

Linfield are also going to be charged over sectarian singing.

Just a shame our esteemed footballing authorities have not got the bottle to follow their example.

This

Pete
20-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't think they do any more.

The Rangers fans view them as some sort of traitors, as if they've been let down by them along the way.

There is a lot of bad blood between the fans of those two clubs and there is a strong (although entirely hypocritical) push amongst the Hearts fans for title stripping.

There's no love lost between ourselves and Rangers, but that's always been the way.

There also seems to be closer links between our club and Celtic than ever before. The good relationship between the clubs is working out quite well for both parties.

I'm not into either Celtic or Rangers though, and I'll always view them both with similar distaste. Celtic like us more so it's easy to go easy on them but they are both the same imo.

I'm a very loosely secular protestant, believe passionately that Scotland should be independent, believe (although not passionately or strongly) that Ireland should be unified but I am totally against anything happening in a football stadium that condones any sort of terrorism. Some of the stuff that Celtic fans have done inside Celtic Park in recent years has been disgusting. It allows Sevco to feel entitled to spill their poison.

Paragraph five...Yuk!

;-)

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Has the boy in the sun glassess and Frank Spencer hat got a hankie over his nose because of the smell? I would do the same. Got to credit the Celtc fans though for going with drawings rather than having to spell out words. Can't say that they have not learned.

Johnny Clash
20-07-2017, 04:28 PM

This subject comes up regular and we all have our opinions and I don't suppose we'll ever all agree. I'm just curious now if there's a single 'two cheeks on same arse' person who would go for a pre Hampden drink in the Louden as opposed to a Celtc boozer? If the two cheeks analogy stacks up then I suppose they would? Good luck with that one ...

Incidentally I've seen plenty Irish tricolours at our games but never a union flag ever mate. Have you really seen a union flag at a Easter Road in the home stands? I believe former CCS guys have a green, white and black flag that uses the same design but that in no way shows any allegience to the crown, monarchy or for that matter the 'united kingdom' .

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 04:31 PM
This subject comes up regular and we all have our opinions and I don't suppose we'll ever all agree. I'm just curious now if there's a single 'two cheeks on same arse' person who would go for a pre Hampden drink in the Louden as opposed to a Celtc boozer? If the two cheeks analogy stacks up then I suppose they would? Good luck with that one ...

Incidentally I've seen plenty Irish tricolours at our games but never a union flag ever mate. Have you really seen a union flag at a Easter Road in the home stands? I believe former CCS guys have a green, white and black flag that uses the same design but that in no way shows any allegience to the crown, monarchy or for that matter the 'united kingdom' .

The CCS guys to pledge allegiance to the crown. They're just as bad as your average Rangers bam. I almost never see a tri-colour at Easter Road.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-07-2017, 04:40 PM

I disagree.

In most sides of a fight (even a playground fighr) you tend to find an aggressor/antagonist and and other defending themself.

Its pretty clear that one side is against something, while the other side is pro-something.

I love watching celtic get gubbed in Europe, or by any otger team in scotlabd bar the obvious, but i just dont agree that they are as bad.

Yes they need to drop their terrorist supporting stuff, and yes they will have some fans who go too far and are areseholes, but im general they are not as hate filled (imo) as the huns.

And ive never seen a union flag at easter road. I dont think the 'fenian jack' distortions count as union flags. And arent they they favoured emblem of the CCS anyway!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-07-2017, 04:42 PM
The CCS guys to pledge allegiance to the crown. They're just as bad as your average Rangers bam. I almost never see a tri-colour at Easter Road.

Eh?

bigwheel
20-07-2017, 04:46 PM

Never seen a Union Jack in the Hibs end...

Disagree on your main point too. There is little pro-terrorist chanting at Celtic games...lots of songs of freedom, I grant you - but little direct pro terrorist chanting - and compared to Sevco, there is little, if any, anti-Protestant stuff.

Yes, there will be some examples ...but Ibrox is basically a bigot fest from start to finish...

No comparison in my view...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pacoluna
20-07-2017, 04:53 PM
One thing to avoid is getting into an argument with a rangers fan on twitter. Hoards of them come at you with in a minute with their bigoted, manipulative self absorbed bull****... Anonymously obviously. The problem is you cant have a debate with them on a particular topic because the majority of them can't distinguish the difference between football, religion and politics.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2017, 05:09 PM
It's easy. They are!

We don't all go to Celtic venues at Hampden at all. If any Hibs fan goes to a Celtic venue at Hampden then I would suggest they're misguided.

I want absolutely no association with Celtic whatsoever. I hate when we get described as a mini Celtic or anything like that. They are a horrible, vile organisation and if Easter Road ever turns into a mini version of Parkhead, it will be the end for me.

Since90+2
20-07-2017, 05:12 PM
We don't all go to Celtic venues at Hampden at all. If any Hibs fan goes to a Celtic venue at Hampden then I would suggest they're misguided.

I want absolutely no association with Celtic whatsoever. I hate when we get described as a mini Celtic or anything like that. They are a horrible, vile organisation and if Easter Road ever turns into a mini version of Parkhead, it will be the end for me.

A good few Hibs buses go to Celtic leaning pubs or clubs prior to games at Hampden. I've never heard of a bus go to a Rangers affiliated venue but happy to be proved wrong.

High-On-Hibs
20-07-2017, 05:15 PM
A good few Hibs buses go to Celtic leaning pubs or clubs prior to games at Hampden. I've never heard of a bus go to a Rangers affiliated venue but happy to be proved wrong.

That's because all the Rangers one's are lodges.

Johnny Clash
20-07-2017, 05:15 PM

Sure not every Hibs fan will end up in a Celtc boozer but of all the coaches that went through for THE final, semi final or league Cup final ... how many went to sevconian venues/lodges? I'll stick my neck out and guess 'zero'.

I mean, even the official coaches run by our club went to Parkhead - you can't really get a more Celtc venue than that!

Haymaker
20-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Sure not every Hibs fan will end up in a Celtc boozer but of all the coaches that went through for THE final ... how many went to sevconian venues/lodges? I'll stick my neck out and guess 'zero'.

I mean, even the official coaches run by our club went to Parkhead - you can't really get a more Celtc venue than that!

Yep, I was on one. Free bar was good.

Pete
20-07-2017, 05:44 PM
I've never seen a traditional Union flag at a hibs game but I'm willing to bet that not all the ones I see at the big games are piss takes by ex-casuals with anti-UK leanings. The point was that there is a definitely Unionist element within our support that is generally accepted. How can you be truly inclusive if you don't include everyone?

As for the Celtic/Rangers thing, I think some are falling into the trap of thinking outwith a modern context. Who cares who was aggressive 400 years ago? Who really cares about stuff that happened in the 1970's before a peace process was in operation? Is it really that important compared to other more pressing issues? The facts are that we live in a small cluster of Islands with a handful of other people who are just trying to get on with their lives within a democratic framework. People on both sides of this mad fence need to realise that casual references might not be so casual to those who know the significance, such as those who consider themselves to be British (you only have to go back a few posts to see how some people view that), those within the armed forces or those who have relatives who were effected by the troubles. You can step back and come to the conclusion that one side is 5% worse and uses 5% more direct terrorist references but they've been shopping in the same store for decades...that Celtic program with the sniper reference just proves what they're like once the mask has slipped.

If Celtic were as "close" to others such as Hearts or Dundee then I'd buy what they're all about. The truth is that they are just one big contradiction that is doing as much as the other half to keep the bigotry, or should I say cash cow, alive.

Kato
20-07-2017, 05:59 PM

I see you're high on hibs but do you take LSD before posting on here?

.Sean.
20-07-2017, 06:20 PM
'The CCS guys pledge allegiance to the crown'... :rotflmao:

The vast majority couldn't give a ***** either way. Like everyone else that lives in the 21st century.

.Sean.
20-07-2017, 06:23 PM

Bang on the money regarding that mob as always my man :aok:

Hibs will never be viewed as a mini Celtic for as long as I'm alive. The mere notion some would even entertain some affiliation with that lot makes me feel physically sick.

Johnny Clash
20-07-2017, 06:43 PM

Hibs will never be viewed as a mini Celtic for as long as I'm alive. The mere notion some would even entertain some affiliation with that lot makes me feel physically sick.

Yes Celtc fans do tend to be an elitist bunch and most don't know their own history. I spoke to a taxi driver on Tuesday night in London (West Ham lad) who is married to a woman from Shotts and he was shocked to hear Hibs pre dated them by 13 years and that we actually created Celtc. He didn't get that impression from all her relatives. Now he knows! So any crap about being a wee version of Celtc can easily be turned around. We are Hibs - they will always be in our shadow... as the song goes: 'if it wasnae for the hibees they'd be huns"

Sir David Gray
20-07-2017, 06:44 PM

I don't doubt that happens and I also don't doubt you are more likely to see a Hibs fan in a Celtic pub than a Rangers one. I just don't see why anyone who describes themselves as a Hibs fan would want to go to a Celtic pub.

Sure not every Hibs fan will end up in a Celtc boozer but of all the coaches that went through for THE final, semi final or league Cup final ... how many went to sevconian venues/lodges? I'll stick my neck out and guess 'zero'.

I'm sure it was zero I certainly wouldn't go into a Rangers pub either. I just don't see why we wouldn't go to a neutral venue.

I didn't get the Parkhead hospitality offer either. I had no interest in that at all.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-07-2017, 06:52 PM
I've never seen a traditional Union flag at a hibs game but I'm willing to bet that not all the ones I see at the big games are piss takes by ex-casuals with anti-UK leanings. The point was that there is a definitely Unionist element within our support that is generally accepted. How can you be truly inclusive if you don't include everyone?

As for the Celtic/Rangers thing, I think some are falling into the trap of thinking outwith a modern context. Who cares who was aggressive 400 years ago? Who really cares about stuff that happened in the 1970's before a peace process was in operation? Is it really that important compared to other more pressing issues? The facts are that we live in a small cluster of Islands with a handful of other people who are just trying to get on with their lives within a democratic framework. People on both sides of this mad fence need to realise that casual references might not be so casual to those who know the significance, such as those who consider themselves to be British (you only have to go back a few posts to see how some people view that), those within the armed forces or those who have relatives who were effected by the troubles. You can step back and come to the conclusion that one side is 5% worse and uses 5% more direct terrorist references but they've been shopping in the same store for decades...that Celtic program with the sniper reference just proves what they're like once the mask has slipped.

If Celtic were as "close" to others such as Hearts or Dundee then I'd buy what they're all about. The truth is that they are just one big contradiction that is doing as much as the other half to keep the bigotry, or should I say cash cow, alive.

Ive never heard of any (irish) unionist hibbies, casuals or otherwise. I daresay there might be one or two though.

Also, i have two tshirts at home with klashnikov motiifs and 'hibsbollah' on them. In fact a regular poster on here has that as his username. I agree that an official celtic magazine using the sniper at work motif is too far, but unofflicially i dont see what is wrong with fans using it anymore than the hibsbollah tshirts.

It seems quite clear to me that there are a good number of hibbies on here who hate them both equally, amd a good number who hate the huns more. There dont seem to be any who hate the tic more than the huns. That probably tells its own story.

SkintHibby
20-07-2017, 06:53 PM
I believe in a united Ireland and have enjoyed the odd sing song over the years about the Irish republican struggle against British rule (and passionately believe in Scottish independence).

BUT I believe religion and politics have no place in sport so I'm eternally proud I support Hibernian.:agree:

Johnny Clash
20-07-2017, 06:55 PM
I just don't see why anyone who describes themselves as a Hibs fan would want to go to a Celtic pub..

I'm not being funny but the only reason is having a bevy ... in venues that are not hateful against Hibs.

I was in The Squirrell in the Barras with two bus loads of hibbys and we had a brilliant time. It was all about Hibs.

20-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Just a couple weeks ago they were getting all high and mighty and outraged over the Orange Walks and more recently the sectarianism of Linfield supporters and now they come out with this pish.

But of course its the "oh but but rangers did this first". Both as bad as each other, they seem to think its acceptable because the other one did something. Embarrassment the pair of them.

Politics and religion should NEVER mix with football.

Pete
20-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Ive never heard of any (irish) unionist hibbies, casuals or otherwise. I daresay there might be one or two though.

Also, i have two tshirts at home with klashnikov motiifs and 'hibsbollah' on them. In fact a regular poster on here has that as his username. I agree that an official celtic magazine using the sniper at work motif is too far, but unofflicially i dont see what is wrong with fans using it anymore than the hibsbollah tshirts.

It seems quite clear to me that there are a good number of hibbies on here who hate them both equally, amd a good number who hate the huns more. There dont seem to be any who hate the tic more than the huns. That probably tells its own story.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot more Hibbies who consider themselves British above all else on this board, in the pubs and at games, than we think and their silence is the real story as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I know one or two.

As for the Hibsbollah stuff, there are similarities but there's a difference between that and what Celtic have done with their sniper imagery. At worst, one is a play on words that gives an indication of an informal groups political leanings while the other is an officially sanctioned attempt at something similar. There's also geographical context...this is the UK, and references to the troubles will cause more offence to more people than the other conflict/ situation. If Hearts and ourselves were involved in a historical Lebanese tit-for-tat and we officially came out with Hibsbollah banter then that would be comparable.

P.s. For the record, I'm still not 100% comfortable with it. No offence to anyone.

The Pointer
20-07-2017, 08:14 PM

I feel as you do. An English guest at my brother's wedding in Edinburgh recently suggested as much and it makes my sphincter contract when I have to explain, "No, we're not an east coast Celtc."

barcahibs
20-07-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm willing to bet there are a lot more Hibbies who consider themselves British above all else on this board, in the pubs and at games, than we think and their silence is the real story as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I know one or two.

As for the Hibsbollah stuff, there are similarities but there's a difference between that and what Celtic have done with their sniper imagery. At worst, one is a play on words that gives an indication of an informal groups political leanings while the other is an officially sanctioned attempt at something similar. There's also geographical context...this is the UK, and references to the troubles will cause more offence to more people than the other conflict/ situation. If Hearts and ourselves were involved in a historical Lebanese tit-for-tat and we officially came out with Hibsbollah banter then that would be comparable.

P.s. For the record, I'm still not 100% comfortable with it. No offence to anyone.

If we're talking nationality/patriotism, when i think about it at all (which isnt often), i consider myself British above all other nationalities.

Not above all else though, I'm probably a Hibby before I'm British :)
The point should be that noone should feel uncomfortable bringing any national flag to Easter Road. Because, no katter any other politics/causes we're all Hibbies. Thats why politics has no place in Easter Road.

Be proud of who you are, wave your flag, cheer on the Hibs.

That should be all that matters.

If the weirdoes in Glasgow can't grasp that... Well thats their problem.

And FWIW i dislike celtc more than the zombie huns. Mainly due to the holier than thou attitude of the lesser greens - along with the condescending ideas of us being their cousins the East.

I know a couple of zombie fans that I'd call good guys. The only celtc fan i know well is a total prick. That probably colours my opinion as well mind you.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2017, 08:34 PM
The justification I see from celtic fans on twitter is that it's "no different to the Scotland national anthem"

Hmmmm

heretoday
20-07-2017, 08:46 PM
The justification I see from celtic fans on twitter is that it's "no different to the Scotland national anthem"

Hmmmm

They're past masters at giving (and taking) offence, like their neighbours in Govan.

Pete
20-07-2017, 08:47 PM
If we're talking nationality/patriotism, when i think about it at all (which isnt often), i consider myself British above all other nationalities.

Not above all else though, I'm probably a Hibby before I'm British :)
The point should be that noone should feel uncomfortable bringing any national flag to Easter Road. Because, no katter any other politics/causes we're all Hibbies. Thats why politics has no place in Easter Road.

Be proud of who you are, wave your flag, cheer on the Hibs.

That should be all that matters.

If the weirdoes in Glasgow can't grasp that... Well thats their problem.

And FWIW i dislike celtc more than the zombie huns. Mainly due to the holier than thou attitude of the lesser greens - along with the condescending ideas of us being their cousins the East.

I know a couple of zombie fans that I'd call good guys. The only celtc fan i know well is a total prick. That probably colours my opinion as well mind you.

Good post. We should welcome everyone and show them how it's done.

pacoluna
20-07-2017, 08:55 PM

I'm willing to bet that more hibbies will call themselves Scottish before all else on this bored.

Pete
20-07-2017, 09:03 PM
I'm willing to bet that more hibbies will call themselves Scottish before all else on this bored.

I don't doubt that mate. I said there are probably more who consider themselves British than indications suggest.

connerg
21-07-2017, 04:48 AM
Scottish.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 05:03 AM
I think this thread has veered off topic slightly

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2017, 05:25 AM
What I dont get is when the hell will UEFA take steps to properly discipline sellik, huns and the SFA/SPFL, it seems almost every time one of them is in Europe there are disciplinary cases brought against them and small paltry fines are given out, really doesnt deter them.

JimBHibees
21-07-2017, 06:09 AM
What I dont get is when the hell will UEFA take steps to properly discipline sellik, huns and the SFA/SPFL, it seems almost every time one of them is in Europe there are disciplinary cases brought against them and small paltry fines are given out, really doesnt deter them.

Or when Football authorities and clubs in this country will do something about it. Shameful.

Carheenlea
21-07-2017, 06:26 AM
Celtic must surely be skating on thin ice with theses latest charges taking them into double figures of offences. I had more trust in UEFA taking a firmer stance than our own authorities, but with each token fine I'm having serious doubt. Utterly pointless continuing to charge a club and handing out fines that can be taken out of the petty cash if proper sanctions are not going to be administered.
As for the paramilitary banner, try taking one of them along to Ibrox in a couple of weeks time and see how you get on - the police will have you out of there and up in court as quick as you can say easy target.

Kavinho
21-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Any banner displaying military or paramilitary leanings should never be allowed in a football stadium.

It is divisive and unnecessary, and is intended as provocation of one sort or another.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2017, 07:02 AM
The issue with pushing for 'strict liability' or similar is that it would put the spotlight on the poor behaviour of all fans.

You can guarantee if Celtic and Rangers were routinely punished for sectarian offences that there would be a coordinated campaign by their fans to expose offences by other groups of fans. In the days of the smartphone there's really nowhere to hide either. A lot of fans have a level of hypocrisy as well; prior to the last game at Ibrox there were plenty posts along the lines of 'going to be carnage', 'can't wait', 'going to be a war' and so on. There was almost gleeful anticipation of a good old fashioned 80s ding dong. I was there and it wasn't my most pleasant experience at a football game, it was noticeable that a lot of the people most 'up for it' on here also seemed to be shouting the loudest about enquiries, reports and punishment after the event though.

Strict liability would lead to a similar scenario and it opens a bit of a Pandora's box. Unfortunately the bigger games Hibs play in tend to attract a decent minority of erseholes. An average away game sees a few folk who have a had a few pints, a few families and the odd nutter. If the venue happens to be Ibrox, Hampden or Tynecastle then the nutters seem to multiply, the falling over their own feet drunk, pissing in sink, snorting lines in cubicle, fighting amongst themselves nutters are everywhere. That would all increasingly come under the spotlight. The odd, rogue IRA shout on a train would become national news as opposed to a 3 post discussion on a forum, the Skacel song would be seized upon (rightly so btw) and so on. If people accept that and are willing to self police it, condemn it and accept the consequences when the 'we do what we want' brigade carry on regardless then so be it. If the usual football fan hypocrisy applies then Celtic and Rangers will continue to do as they have always done.

barcahibs
21-07-2017, 07:16 AM
The issue with pushing for 'strict liability' or similar is that it would put the spotlight on the poor behaviour of all fans.

You can guarantee if Celtic and Rangers were routinely punished for sectarian offences that there would be a coordinated campaign by their fans to expose offences by other groups of fans. In the days of the smartphone there's really nowhere to hide either. A lot of fans have a level of hypocrisy as well; prior to the last game at Ibrox there were plenty posts along the lines of 'going to be carnage', 'can't wait', 'going to be a war' and so on. There was almost gleeful anticipation of a good old fashioned 80s ding dong. I was there and it wasn't my most pleasant experience at a football game, it was noticeable that a lot of the people most 'up for it' on here also seemed to be shouting the loudest about enquiries, reports and punishment after the event though.

Strict liability would lead to a similar scenario and it opens a bit of a Pandora's box. Unfortunately the bigger games Hibs play in tend to attract a decent minority of erseholes. An average away game sees a few folk who have a had a few pints, a few families and the odd nutter. If the venue happens to be Ibrox, Hampden or Tynecastle then the nutters seem to multiply, the falling over their own feet drunk, pissing in sink, snorting lines in cubicle, fighting amongst themselves nutters are everywhere. That would all increasingly come under the spotlight. The odd, rogue IRA shout on a train would become national news as opposed to a 3 post discussion on a forum, the Skacel song would be seized upon (rightly so btw) and so on. If people accept that and are willing to self police it, condemn it and accept the consequences when the 'we do what we want' brigade carry on regardless then so be it. If the usual football fan hypocrisy applies then Celtic and Rangers will continue to do as they have always done.

Totally agree with this. I think a lot of people have the idea that strict liability would only apply to celtc and the zombies. While they are of course by far the worst offenders, everyone has idiots in their support. I might be va conspiracy theorist but i also don't think it'll just be rantic fans that are pushing for other clubs to be punished.

The football authorities and the media in this country will be desperate to show that the problem exists outside Glasgow and the old firm... And we're a relatively high profile target.

The other discussion about nationality is kind of my point. There'll be folk who identify as Scottish, British, Irish, English, Outer *****lian... The point is that in Easter Road it doesnt matter and no one cares. Unlike in a celtc or zombie support.

ronaldo7
21-07-2017, 07:28 AM

We've run buses to the Columbus club (Celtic club), in Blantyre, for years when we're through for semi's and Finals. They treat us very well, put on good food, and we're welcomed from decent people. We were also there, for the 2013 cup final, when Celtic fans were in one hall, and Hibs fans were in the other. No problems whatsoever. We also have lots of children on our bus.

I wouldn't class our group as misguided, but maybe we've never lived eh.:aok:

Alternatively we could have gone to the Airdrie Lodge, for an even warmer welcome. :wink: http://www.thejournal.ie/hitler-scotland-orange-lodge-3498883-Jul2017/

Pretty Boy
21-07-2017, 07:32 AM
We've run buses to the Columbus club (Celtic club), in Blantyre, for years when we're through for semi's and Finals. They treat us very well, put on good food, and we're welcomed from decent people. We were also there, for the 2013 cup final, when Celtic fans were in one hall, and Hibs fans were in the other. No problems whatsoever. We also have lots of children on our bus.

Alternatively we could have gone to the Airdrie Lodge, for an even warmer welcome. :wink: http://www.thejournal.ie/hitler-scotland-orange-lodge-3498883-Jul2017/

Whether people like it or not when it comes to cup finals there are more buses than there are neutral venues willing or able to accomodate. Folk who run buses will be aware of the difficulites in getting a venue until you get your foot in the door with someone.

It then comes down to whether Celtic or Rangers venues are happy to have you and which one makes you feel more welcome and safe. In my experience it's always been the former.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Its a good point. Especially given our own chequered past (and present) with football violence. Peoplr in glass houses and all that...

The Modfather
21-07-2017, 08:14 AM

I don't doubt there will be a whole host of whataboutey and finger pointing and orchestrated campaigns when clubs begin to get sanctioned for their fans behaviour. Doesn't concern me though, unacceptable behaviour is unnaceptable behaviour whether the perpetrators have a Hibs top on or any other top.

When the sanctions begin to hit clubs maybe they will actually begin to do address the problems rather than turn a blind eye. From our own support, if we're getting fined etc then maybe the club will take steps to address things like the morons who only come out for the big games. Begin to make sure the police/stewards are doing there job in stopping people clearly blind drunk from entering the ground, having stewards monitoring the toilets etc etc. Not to mention the fans responsibility to self police.

I don't have any faith in the SFA in them doing anything, but with the SFA containing people from various clubs the fans of said clubs have an avenue to begin to apply pressure and hold the SFA, through their own club reprasentatives, to account.

It won't be a quick fix, but in time the unacceptable things that happen today will become less and less as fan behaviour becomes more in line with it being 2017 as there are now deterrents.

Johnny Clash
21-07-2017, 08:14 AM

Spot on. It's simply the facts - not a single Hibs supporters bus goes to sevconians/orange/unionist venues. If they really were 'two cheeks of the same arse' then you wouldn't see this happen. It just doesn't stack up.

It doesn't mean you love Celtc in the slightest. We love Hibs but it's a fact we get treated well by most Celtc people. I've had many decent conversations with Celtc fans who have been in these venues. You just avoid certain sensitive subjects - like Celtc having a Lord on their board ... a member of the Conservative and Unionist party no less. Didn't feel comfortable either talking about their previous chairman - war criminal John Reid , who only stepped down in 2011 to take his seat in the House of Lords. I must admit I was tempted to ask if they thought when 'Lord Reid' gets bevied he still sings... "against the famine and the crown" ..

norhfc
21-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Spot on. It's simply the facts - not a single Hibs supporters bus goes to sevconians/orange/unionist venues. If they really were 'two cheeks of the same arse' then you wouldn't see this happen. It just doesn't stack up.

It doesn't mean you love Celtc in the slightest. We love Hibs but it's a fact we get treated well by most Celtc people. I've had many decent conversations with Celtc fans who have been in these venues. You just avoid certain sensitive subjects - like Celtc having a Lord on their board ... a member of the Conservative and Unionist party no less. Didn't feel comfortable either talking about their previous chairman - war criminal John Reid , who only stepped down in 2011 to take his seat in the House of Lords. I must admit I was tempted to ask if they thought when 'Lord Reid' gets bevied he still sings... "against the famine and the crown" ..

This.

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Totally agree with this. I think a lot of people have the idea that strict liability would only apply to celtc and the zombies. While they are of course by far the worst offenders, everyone has idiots in their support. I might be va conspiracy theorist but i also don't think it'll just be rantic fans that are pushing for other clubs to be punished.

The football authorities and the media in this country will be desperate to show that the problem exists outside Glasgow and the old firm... And we're a relatively high profile target.

The other discussion about nationality is kind of my point. There'll be folk who identify as Scottish, British, Irish, English, Outer *****lian... The point is that in Easter Road it doesnt matter and no one cares. Unlike in a celtc or zombie support.

100%

The Harp Awakes
21-07-2017, 10:46 AM

That pretty much sums up my own perspective. I have no time for any Club in the world other than Hibs. Over the years though, I've never had any bother with Celtic fans whereas the opposite is the case with Rangers/Sevco fans, who in my opinion, other than the odd exception, really are the **** of the earth. At the end of the day you live life by your experiences and that's mine.

JeMeSouviens
21-07-2017, 10:57 AM

I totally agree with your assessment of the situation but personally, I think a few years of hassle would be worth it to stamp out general ********ry surrounding football. In the 70s at football it was acceptable to turn up pished with a carry out, pish on the terraces and throw bottles around. It was also generally acceptable in society to use all sorts of racist, homophobic banter, drive under the influence, without a seatbelt, etc. These things are so much rarer because people were willing to take them on, gradually they become unacceptable and they wither and die. Sometimes society needs a kick up the backside to move forward.

Sir David Gray
21-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Crack on, if you want to get wined and dined in a Celtic pub then that's up to you.

I personally wouldn't be seen dead in an establishment that was overtly Celtic or Rangers orientated and I certainly find it weird that any Hibs fan would go into a Celtic venue before a Scottish Cup final vs Celtic and be mixing with Celtic fans.

Each to their own though. :aok:

Sir David Gray
21-07-2017, 11:29 AM

We don't get treated well by Celtic fans at all, we get patronised.

Like I said before though, each to their own and crack on if that's what you want to do.

Brizo
21-07-2017, 11:56 AM
We don't get treated well by Celtic fans at all, we get patronised.

Like I said before though, each to their own and crack on if that's what you want to do.

I've no time for Celtc but in the big scheme of things I preferred being patronised to being chased down Paisley Road West by a hun brandishing a blade... but each to their own

OsloHibs
21-07-2017, 12:02 PM
I hate them both. Equally.

Keith_M
21-07-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm sure the people that said they were treated well in any Celtc Clubs before the Cup Final are talking about the staff, not Celtc Supporters in general.

superfurryhibby
21-07-2017, 12:23 PM
I've no time for Celtc but in the big scheme of things I preferred being patronised to being chased down Paisley Road West by a hun brandishing a blade... but each to their own

This sums it up for me. My worst confrontations in all my years supporting Hibs have come from fans of the Sons of William.

The two two cheeks of the same arse is a lazy arguement. The maxim here should be divide and conquer. Treat the issues with each of the Glasgow team on their merits and recognise that we pander to the status quo by refusing to acknowledge that there are some fundamental differences between the two.

ronaldo7
21-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Crack on, if you want to get wined and dined in a Celtic pub then that's up to you.

I personally wouldn't be seen dead in an establishment that was overtly Celtic or Rangers orientated and I certainly find it weird that any Hibs fan would go into a Celtic venue before a Scottish Cup final vs Celtic and be mixing with Celtic fans.

Each to their own though. :aok:

:agree:

You have to take it as you see it. We've been going to that "Club" for a while now, and not had any bother.

I normally leave the wine for families of the bairns taking their first communion in the other hall.:aok:

Keith_M
21-07-2017, 02:21 PM
This sums it up for me. My worst confrontations in all my years supporting Hibs have come from fans of the Sons of William.

The two two cheeks of the same arse is a lazy arguement. The maxim here should be divide and conquer. Treat the issues with each of the Glasgow team on their merits and recognise that we pander to the status quo by refusing to acknowledge that there are some fundamental differences between the two.

First ever game at home against Rangers: 90 minutes avoiding bottles and cans from the large group of Huns that evaded segregation and stood at the top of the old East Terrace.

First ever home game against Celtc: Hibs end was partly invaded by Celtc fans before the game started and we stood behind a police line down the middle of the East Terrace for the rest of the 90 minutes.

First ever away game against Celtc: No segregation in the East End of Celtc Park and had a bunch of yobs spitting on us for the first half, then we were attacked by older Celtc Fans in the second.

First ever away game against Rangers: I followed some of the older guys on our Bus into the Main Stand and we needed a Police escort back to the bus after the game, due to the couple of hundred Huns waiting to attack us after the match (we were a goup of young kids and middle aged men).

Two cheeks of the same erse!!!!

Colr
21-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Lest we forget.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C._signing_policy

Johnny Clash
21-07-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm sure the people that said they were treated well in any Celtc Clubs before the Cup Final are talking about the staff, not Celtc Supporters in general.

No mate these were actually guys having a pint who were into their football. They weren't into using football as an excuse to batter people just coz they support another team. Like you I've seen loads of mindless violence at football - usually coz of intolerance. Some of our own support think it's ok to dish out kickings just like any other team. So I'll happily talk about football with any decent supporter of another club who isn't full of bitterness and hatred.

As another poster says 'each to their own' so yes I don't mind talking to supporters of other teams. Tories on the other hand... well ...

Carheenlea
21-07-2017, 04:21 PM
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40687412

Sean1875
21-07-2017, 04:31 PM
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40687412

Will it be shut for the yams first game of the season then? Don't know if they've got 2 games before then

jacomo
21-07-2017, 04:48 PM
The bit that makes me sick the most is that both boards play on the sectarian card, and both sets of fans lap it up. Scotlands biggest shame.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2017, 04:55 PM

He's also a former NI secretary.

superfurryhibby
21-07-2017, 05:38 PM
First ever game at home against Rangers: 90 minutes avoiding bottles and cans from the large group of Huns that evaded segregation and stood at the top of the old East Terrace.

First ever home game against Celtc: Hibs end was partly invaded by Celtc fans before the game started and we stood behind a police line down the middle of the East Terrace for the rest of the 90 minutes.

First ever away game against Celtc: No segregation in the East End of Celtc Park and had a bunch of yobs spitting on us for the first half, then we were attacked by older Celtc Fans in the second.

First ever away game against Rangers: I followed some of the older guys on our Bus into the Main Stand and we needed a Police escort back to the bus after the game, due to the couple of hundred Huns waiting to attack us after the match (we were a goup of young kids and middle aged men).

Two cheeks of the same erse!!!!

Personal experiences of hooligan behaviours of fans aside, there is still a compelling arguement for not buying into the two cheeks stuff. Rangers history of sectrianism was deep rooted and embedded in their culture. I'm not aware of this in relation to Celtic?

High-On-Hibs
21-07-2017, 05:45 PM
The difference between Celtic and The Rangers is that it is possible to actually meet a decent, sound minded Celtic fan. You'll never, ever, in a million years meet a decent Rangers fan. A few of them (very few) will seem alright on the surface. But once you get to know them, you'll always wish you never bothered.

Since90+2
21-07-2017, 05:48 PM
The difference between Celtic and The Rangers is that it is possible to actually meet a decent, sound minded Celtic fan. You'll never, ever, in a million years meet a decent Rangers fan. A few of them (very few) will seem alright on the surface. But once you get to know them, you'll always wish you never bothered.

I dislike Rangers more than any other club but sorry it's ridiculous to say you'll never meet a decent Rangers fan. I've met quite a few in my time and im sure most people are the same.

Carheenlea
21-07-2017, 05:51 PM

I know a few decent Rangers fans. Your own personal experience I suppose. Know a few total roasters who support them as well mind you, but they are best ignored.

Betty Boop
21-07-2017, 05:54 PM
What a load of nonsense. How do you know there's no decent Rangers fans ? My son supports Rangers and I can assure you he's a decent person.

Pete
21-07-2017, 06:03 PM

Simply not true. I know plenty.

There are also ones who have different political leanings from myself or they maybe laugh at the odd questionable joke but it doesn't automatically make them bad people.

I don't know. So many intelligent people are unwilling to look out of their own world on this subject for some reason.

High-On-Hibs
21-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Simply not true. I know plenty.

There are also ones who have different political leanings from myself or they maybe laugh at the odd questionable joke but it doesn't automatically make them bad people.

I don't know. So many intelligent people are unwilling to look out of their own world on this subject for some reason.

I know intelligent Rangers fans who seem like great guys...... until you talk about football, religion or politics. It's not just a harmless disagreement, it's sheer venom.

Waxy
21-07-2017, 06:06 PM
The old firm. Simply the worst thing that could have happened to Scottish football.

Pete
21-07-2017, 06:06 PM
My son supports Rangers.

Unacceptable.

I'm phoning the welfare.

Pete
21-07-2017, 06:10 PM
I know intelligent Rangers fans who seem like great guys...... until you talk about football, religion or politics. It's not just a harmless disagreement, it's sheer venom.

In my experience most of the guys like that are from places like Fife, Edinburgh and East Lothian who almost have to justify their allegiance by going full-on bigot.

Ive found the Glaswegian ones to be the most reasonable believe it or not.

Betty Boop
21-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Unacceptable.

I'm phoning the welfare.

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Utter nonsense.

Rangers as a club are as detestable as it gets but it's simply untrue to say that you don't get decent individual Rangers fans.

High-On-Hibs
21-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Utter nonsense.

Rangers as a club are as detestable as it gets but it's simply untrue to say that you don't get decent individual Rangers fans.

Then what's the logic? Why would any decent individual choose to support something so utterly detestable?

Betty Boop
21-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Then what's the logic? Why would any decent individual choose to support something so utterly detestable?
Looks like you are full of your own prejudices. Hard to believe but for some folk its all about the football.

MichaelTheCelt
21-07-2017, 08:01 PM
I was relatively young when Celtic and Hibs played in the Scottish cup final in 2001. My Da and my Uncle took me out to the pub that day to watch the game and in all honesty I didn't really know much about other teams in Scotland at that time apart from Rangers because we share a city with them obviously, but all my other information came from the Pannini sticker albums like, Dundee United being called the Arabs and Dunfermlines mental looking badge and always relating the Dandy to Aberdeen because of their nickname.

The pub we were in that day was quite busy and there was a number of Hibernian fans in there some of whom ended up at our table, guys were roughly about my Das age and they were friendly dudes talking with my Da and my Uncle about the 60's and 70's football, they were going to the game stayed for a few rounds then left. My first ever experience with opposition supporters that were really friendly I always assumed as you do when you are wee that how you see something is how it really is. I genuinely thought as funny as it sounds now that Celtic and Hibs fans liked each other and rooted each other on :hilarious talk about naivety. Obviously as I got older that was quite clearly nonsense, but I have always had a genuine like for Hibernian especially after that day. I notice the David Gray poster on here says it is patronising I honestly don't see it like that and I think folk of the Hibernian persuasion take it the wrong way.

I think that Celtic fans do have a genuine respect for Hibernian, I've met many a Hibby who were really cool folk though I don't think the team you support makes the person but unfortunately the team you support in Scotland can sadly have political or social implications and being of the Celtic persuasion I know fans of other clubs assume I am some IRA supporting menace and you do sense that uneasiness when speaking to rival fans once yer team has been revealed, never came across that uneasiness talking to Hibby's though. It's always been the complete opposite like ah you support Hibs thank **** thought I might be unfortunate to be talking to a Jambo. Actually find myself quite eager to talk more about football with someone then I find out they are a Hibby, would post more on here but I'm worried I'm a patronising **** without realising it...

And whether some on here like it or not the two sets of supporters generally swing the same way politically (I don't mean IRA, reunification and all that just keeping it domestic although I think all of us on here would love to see Ireland United), I know for a fact we do and that's a reason you'll find Hibbys welcome to be wined and dined as Mr Gray put it, in a Celtic bar.

Have a look at any Celtic forum and check their Hibernian related thread and I guarantee you the majority who are posting in that thread are rooting Hibs on, it's not patronising and if some take it like that then I can only assume it's an inferiority complex? I always want to see Hibs do well I enjoy talking to Hibs fans about the footy. If you were to ask me my favourite non Celtic moment in football hands down it's watching Hibernian win the Scottish cup after soo long a wait not because it was against the The Rangers although that made it pretty sweet.

Sorry that's a bit long winded but it was just in response to folk talking about out of Celtic and Rangers fans which group was less a shower of *******s :hilarious

And to throw my 2 bob's worth in regards to the banners, didnae like them thought it was stupid the Green Brigade do a lot of good but sometimes they **** up and it's never a small **** up it's usually a monumental **** up. We should leave the Huns to embarrassing themselves and not join them in it. They knew exactly what they were doing and it's was quite obviously meant to get a reaction from the knuckle draggers in the corner who to be honest didn't shower themselves in glory over the two legs but those banners put all the highlight on ourselves and it's embarrassing, they've done amazing banners in the past that were footy related and it would be better if they kept it like that because they bring some atmosphere to the stadium.

Oh and Mon The Hibees get intay County!

Eyrie
21-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Have a look at any Celtic forum and check their Hibernian related thread and I guarantee you the majority who are posting in that thread are rooting Hibs on, it's not patronising and if some take it like that then I can only assume it's an inferiority complex?

Of course it's patronising crap. You wouldn't be rooting Hibs on if you regarded us as rivals, so you're looking down on us with your superiority complex.

I don't have an inferiority complex where Celtc are concerned because I regard you as our rivals, even although we don't prove that often enough on the pitch.

Coming on here as a fan of another team is fine if you're polite. Coming on here to show support for your "other team" isn't.

One Day
21-07-2017, 11:05 PM
That pretty much sums up my own perspective. I have no time for any Club in the world other than Hibs. Over the years though, I've never had any bother with Celtic fans whereas the opposite is the case with Rangers/Sevco fans, who in my opinion, other than the odd exception, really are the **** of the earth. At the end of the day you live life by your experiences and that's mine.

This kind of sums it up for me. Not much time for Celtic but hate the huns, This is mainly due to how I've been treated at Ibrox and even easter road. As a mate once said after walking over the bridge at bothwell street before a huns game "you should walk through them every now and again to realise why you hate them"

silverhibee
21-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Unacceptable.

I'm phoning the welfare.

Son now in custody of the Hibs family.

18Hibee75
21-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Sorry mate, but thats crap.

There's no "love" here for Celtic. But i'd much rather put up with Celtics annoyances than the raw danger of being around sevco fans.100% agree.

Sir David Gray
21-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Of course it's patronising crap. You wouldn't be rooting Hibs on if you regarded us as rivals, so you're looking down on us with your superiority complex.

I don't have an inferiority complex where Celtc are concerned because I regard you as our rivals, even although we don't prove that often enough on the pitch.

Coming on here as a fan of another team is fine if you're polite. Coming on here to show support for your "other team" isn't.

Correct. F*** Celtic.

silverhibee
21-07-2017, 11:43 PM
I was relatively young when Celtic and Hibs played in the Scottish cup final in 2001. My Da and my Uncle took me out to the pub that day to watch the game and in all honesty I didn't really know much about other teams in Scotland at that time apart from Rangers because we share a city with them obviously, but all my other information came from the Pannini sticker albums like, Dundee United being called the Arabs and Dunfermlines mental looking badge and always relating the Dandy to Aberdeen because of their nickname.

The pub we were in that day was quite busy and there was a number of Hibernian fans in there some of whom ended up at our table, guys were roughly about my Das age and they were friendly dudes talking with my Da and my Uncle about the 60's and 70's football, they were going to the game stayed for a few rounds then left. My first ever experience with opposition supporters that were really friendly I always assumed as you do when you are wee that how you see something is how it really is. I genuinely thought as funny as it sounds now that Celtic and Hibs fans liked each other and rooted each other on :hilarious talk about naivety. Obviously as I got older that was quite clearly nonsense, but I have always had a genuine like for Hibernian especially after that day. I notice the David Gray poster on here says it is patronising I honestly don't see it like that and I think folk of the Hibernian persuasion take it the wrong way.

I think that Celtic fans do have a genuine respect for Hibernian, I've met many a Hibby who were really cool folk though I don't think the team you support makes the person but unfortunately the team you support in Scotland can sadly have political or social implications and being of the Celtic persuasion I know fans of other clubs assume I am some IRA supporting menace and you do sense that uneasiness when speaking to rival fans once yer team has been revealed, never came across that uneasiness talking to Hibby's though. It's always been the complete opposite like ah you support Hibs thank **** thought I might be unfortunate to be talking to a Jambo. Actually find myself quite eager to talk more about football with someone then I find out they are a Hibby, would post more on here but I'm worried I'm a patronising **** without realising it...

And whether some on here like it or not the two sets of supporters generally swing the same way politically (I don't mean IRA, reunification and all that just keeping it domestic although I think all of us on here would love to see Ireland United), I know for a fact we do and that's a reason you'll find Hibbys welcome to be wined and dined as Mr Gray put it, in a Celtic bar.

Have a look at any Celtic forum and check their Hibernian related thread and I guarantee you the majority who are posting in that thread are rooting Hibs on, it's not patronising and if some take it like that then I can only assume it's an inferiority complex? I always want to see Hibs do well I enjoy talking to Hibs fans about the footy. If you were to ask me my favourite non Celtic moment in football hands down it's watching Hibernian win the Scottish cup after soo long a wait not because it was against the The Rangers although that made it pretty sweet.

Sorry that's a bit long winded but it was just in response to folk talking about out of Celtic and Rangers fans which group was less a shower of *******s :hilarious

And to throw my 2 bob's worth in regards to the banners, didnae like them thought it was stupid the Green Brigade do a lot of good but sometimes they **** up and it's never a small **** up it's usually a monumental **** up. We should leave the Huns to embarrassing themselves and not join them in it. They knew exactly what they were doing and it's was quite obviously meant to get a reaction from the knuckle draggers in the corner who to be honest didn't shower themselves in glory over the two legs but those banners put all the highlight on ourselves and it's embarrassing, they've done amazing banners in the past that were footy related and it would be better if they kept it like that because they bring some atmosphere to the stadium.

Oh and Mon The Hibees get intay County!

Thought you were a Celt, surely you would know the proper spelling of your club name is Celtc. Source, patronising Celtc fans at ER with those stupid banners.

18Hibee75
22-07-2017, 12:05 AM
The way I look at is this, as a hibs fan when we are playing celtic at Celtic Park or Easter road for that matter, you can walk down the street not looking for any trouble with hibs colours on next to celtic fans and get no bother. The same can't be said for the huns however, I once made the mistake of going to ibrox via the subway with a hibs scarf on, I was with my 13 year old son and kept my head down, I was spat on, called a "fenian" b******, "F*** the pope" was also shouted at me? I'm nor Catholic or protestant and they had assumed that I was just because I was a hibs fan.

FWIW I do not look out for celtics results and most of the time want to see them lose. I do not have any type of admiration for celtic. I do not look at them as "our cousins from glasgow" and I do dislike their support.

I do however, prefer celtic a lot more to Sevco. Not only because of the disgusting interactions I have had with their fans but because of the pure hatred they have for catholics, their songs that have the words "up to our knees in fenian blood" and the fact that every rangers fan on twitter seems to despise the pope and love the Queen.

I have family members who are Catholic but personally I do not believe in any religious crap. The fact that it literally separates two FOOTBALL teams and makes them have a pure hatred for each other really annoys me. Politics does not belong in football.

P.S I have no problem with tri colours at ER as hibs are Irish.

lapsedhibee
22-07-2017, 05:33 AM
hibs are Irish

Nope.

.Sean.
22-07-2017, 06:14 AM
I know as many idiot Hibs supporters as I know idiot supporters of Rangers, Hearts and your other team, Celtic.

You sound like you're as bigoted and narrowminded as what your view of your bog-standard Rangers fan is. I know plenty decent, normal Rangers supporters and in actual fact had three Rangers season ticket holders texting me after the cup final saying enjoy my night and that we deserved to win the cup.

Just because they've different beliefs and views, no matter how much you believe in them (or don't, in this case), doesn't make you any better or any worse than them just because you don't agree with them. Get a ****ing grip.

As a club I absolutely despise Rangers as I do Celtic and Hearts but I know an absolute rake of sound and decent folk that follow each week in week out. Another nonsense post from you.

lyonhibs
22-07-2017, 06:47 AM
I know as many idiot Hibs supporters as I know idiot supporters of Rangers, Hearts and your other team, Celtic.

You sound like you're as bigoted and narrowminded as what your view of your bog-standard Rangers fan is. I know plenty decent, normal Rangers supporters and in actual fact had three Rangers season ticket holders texting me after the cup final saying enjoy my night and that we deserved to win the cup.

Just because they've different beliefs and views, no matter how much you believe in them (or don't, in this case), doesn't make you any better or any worse than them just because you don't agree with them. Get a ****ing grip.

As a club I absolutely despise Rangers as I do Celtic and Hearts but I know an absolute rake of sound and decent folk that follow each week in week out. Another nonsense post from you.

Exactly. 1 of my groomsmen is a Rangers fan and a sounder lad you could not wish to meet. Give him plenty of stick about all things Rangers of course but he's no time for all this 1690 *****. Neither indeed does my other Rangers supporting mate, another fine chap.

I've got Celtc supporting mates who can't abide the more "interesting" Green Brigade antics anaw.

This "all Huns are bigoted ********s" is comically lacking in self awareness.

The hierarchy of the club etc is a different matter of course.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 07:09 AM
The way I look at is this, as a hibs fan when we are playing celtic at Celtic Park or Easter road for that matter, you can walk down the street not looking for any trouble with hibs colours on next to celtic fans and get no bother. The same can't be said for the huns however, I once made the mistake of going to ibrox via the subway with a hibs scarf on, I was with my 13 year old son and kept my head down, I was spat on, called a "fenian" b******, "F*** the pope" was also shouted at me? I'm nor Catholic or protestant and they had assumed that I was just because I was a hibs fan.

FWIW I do not look out for celtics results and most of the time want to see them lose. I do not have any type of admiration for celtic. I do not look at them as "our cousins from glasgow" and I do dislike their support.

I do however, prefer celtic a lot more to Sevco. Not only because of the disgusting interactions I have had with their fans but because of the pure hatred they have for catholics, their songs that have the words "up to our knees in fenian blood" and the fact that every rangers fan on twitter seems to despise the pope and love the Queen.

I have family members who are Catholic but personally I do not believe in any religious crap. The fact that it literally separates two FOOTBALL teams and makes them have a pure hatred for each other really annoys me. Politics does not belong in football.

P.S I have no problem with tri colours at ER as hibs are Irish.

Surely Rangers' hatred of Catholics is matched by Celtcs' hatred of protesants, no? Have you never heard the pro PIRA songs being belted out from their end at every game? Boys of the Old Brigade etc. Granted this doesn't exclusively mention the killing of catholics, however, what communities were targeted by the PIRA? Protestant! Also throw in their Ibrox disaster ditty for good measure. Or the hanging of the protestant effigies last season. To claim one lot of them is more tolerable than the other is a nonsense, unless of course, for one reason or another, probably religion, you have a leaning towards one of them. They are two cheeks of the same arse and a cancer in both Scottish football and Scottish communities. Unfortunately half that cancer found a cure and have managed to live on, albeit, they'll never be the same. I just find it hard to believe people can see one of them as worse than the other. But, I find it difficult to let anything they sing or shout at a game get to me. That's the reaction they want.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Since90+2
22-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Surely Rangers' hatred of Catholics is matched by Celtcs' hatred of protesants, no? Have you never heard the pro PIRA songs being belted out from their end at every game? Boys of the Old Brigade etc. Granted this doesn't exclusively mention the killing of catholics, however, what communities were targeted by the PIRA? Protestant! Also throw in their Ibrox disaster ditty for good measure. Or the hanging of the protestant effigies last season. To claim one lot of them is more tolerable than the other is a nonsense, unless of course, for one reason or another, probably religion, you have a leaning towards one of them. They are two cheeks of the same arse and a cancer in both Scottish football and Scottish communities. Unfortunately half that cancer found a cure and have managed to live on, albeit, they'll never be the same. I just find it hard to believe people can see one of them as worse than the other. But, I find it difficult to let anything they sing or shout at a game get to me. That's the reaction they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Not long ago there was a video of Rangers fans singing along to a song and changing the lyrics to "we all hate Catholics ,everybody hates Roman Catholics". I've never seen anything been sung by Celtic fans as anti protestant as that.

Hanging of Protestant effigies? I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Keith_M
22-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Not long ago there was a video of Rangers fans singing along to a song and changing the lyrics to "we all hate Catholics ,everybody hates Roman Catholics". I've never seen anything been sung by Celtic fans as anti protestant as that.

I lived in Glasgow for a while and had to sometimes travel back on the train with them to Queen St. Trust me, there's a reasonably sized element in their support that goes on about their hatred of 'Proddies' (though not on the same scale as the Huns and their Kaffliks chat)

Apparently, I'm also something called a 'Soup Taker', as is the rest of the Hibs Support. As insults go, it's quite pathetic but is also based on religion.

lord bunberry
22-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I lived in Glasgow for a while and had to sometimes travel back on the train with them to Queen St. Trust me, there's a reasonably sized element in their support that goes on about their hatred of 'Proddies' (though not on the same scale as the Huns and their Kaffliks chat)

Apparently, I'm also something called a 'Soup Taker', as is the rest of the Hibs Support. As insults go, it's quite pathetic but is also based on religion.
I've been called a soup taker as well. I had to google it and the guy had gone before I could respond :greengrin

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 07:59 AM

Hanging of Protestant effigies? I'm pretty sure that never happened.[/QUOTE]

Of course they'll sing similar and if you look hard enough, there probably is a recording somewhere.

The effigies were hung last season at Celtic Park before the game against Rangers. They will say they were effigies of Rangers fans and they were, but we all know what the underlying statement from that section of the ground would be. I'm out, was just pointing out they are of equal small mindedness, not wasting any more time discussing them, horses to pick.

Since90+2
22-07-2017, 08:00 AM

So you agree there is a bigger sectarian problem with Rangers than at Celtic?

Since90+2
22-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Of course they'll sing similar and if you look hard enough, there probably is a recording somewhere.

The effigies were hung last season at Celtic Park before the game against Rangers. They will say they were effigies of Rangers fans and they were, but we all know what the underlying statement from that section of the ground would be. I'm out, was just pointing out they are of equal small mindedness, not wasting any more time discussing them, horses to pick.[/QUOTE]

To be fair if your going to accuse them of singing a similar song you have to back it up with evidence. Do you have any?

bigwheel
22-07-2017, 08:03 AM

I grant you the soup taker line....but reasonable sized "anti Protestant element". Nah, not having that...the Celtic fans base is made of of people from many backgrounds...songs of freedom - yes, even supporting the IRA - but anti- Protestant stuff in recent years don't believe that happens

Keith_M
22-07-2017, 08:07 AM
So you agree there is a bigger sectarian problem with Rangers than at Celtic?

I think very large elements of both clubs are steeped in Bigotry and an obsession with The Troubles. Those in charge of both clubs either play up to this bigotry, overlook it when necessary and make no effort to condemn it (as it might hurt commerical revenue).

You could decide to analyze what percentage of each side is involved in this kind of stuff but, to me, there's enough evidence to suggest that both clubs are disgusting and unnacceptable in the modern world.

southsider
22-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Celtic have closed the Green Brigade section for two games because they know UEFA will hammer the club the next time. Perhaps even close the ground for a game. These people are idiots and Celtic, give them their due, are trying to stop them. On the other hand not a pep from the new rangers when Alan Stubbs was verbally abused at Ibrox. One more warning then close the ground would be my answer. After that match I wrote to the SFA but they never answered. Which is the actions of cowards. Head in the sand as usual.

neil7908
22-07-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm inclined to say Celtic are a bit better about genuinely trying to route out the unsavoury elements of their support than Rangers.

I don't have time for either team tbh but I think since the demise of Rangers and the utter shambles the new club are they are terrified about doing anything to alienate theirs fans. The result is any vague moves made in the last 25 years to get away from the sectarian nonsense has been gone into reverse and their now actively stoking it.

Celtic could definitely do more but I think they are now (albeit slowly) realising they need to get rid of that stuff.

I think there does need to be a bit of care about folk on here taking the moral high ground. I know plenty of good Rangers fans. In fact my grandfather was born and spent most of his life in Govan and was a huge Rangers fan his whole life. He was there for the Ibrox disaster and plenty of the highs and lows of supporting his team. And he was one of the decent, most humble and kindest men I've ever known and had nothing but disgust for the bad element of their support.

Also, the day after we won SC I was at the parade, waiting at Leith Links for the bus to come. There were a couple of blokes off their face who were loudly signing songs about Ruddy Scakel (how many Hibs fans have sung that?), Richard Gough, Tommy Burns etc. Nothing about Hibs of course. Eventually they got told to pipe down but there were plenty of kids around and people just enjoying possibly the greatest day in our clubs history. These guys seemed more interested in bellowing out hatred and bile.

I guess my point is there is nothing wrong with criticising, strongly if necessary, clubs or their managers, players, chairmen etc for their actions. I'm always careful though to try and avoid blanket criticism of a group of supporters, in the same way I won't criticise a whole nation for the actions of a few.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 11:59 AM
I grant you the soup taker line....but reasonable sized "anti Protestant element". Nah, not having that...the Celtic fans base is made of of people from many backgrounds...songs of freedom - yes, even supporting the IRA - but anti- Protestant stuff in recent years don't believe that happens

Yes plus Celtc fans/republicans also sing songs about Protestants such as Wolfe Tone and Jock Stein to name a couple. You might get a couple of immature moronic wee bevied up radges coming out with nonsense like that ? but I know loads of Celtc fans in Scotland/England and Ireland and never heard a single one come out with anti-Protestant crap.

Keith_M
22-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Yes plus Celtc fans/republicans also sing songs about Protestants such as Wolfe Tone and Jock Stein to name a couple. You might get a couple of immature moronic wee bevied up radges coming out with nonsense like that ? but I know loads of Celtc fans in Scotland/England and Ireland and never heard a single one come out with anti-Protestant crap.

Sadly I've had a few experiences of 'grown up' Celtc Fans' bigotry. The worst experience included jokes about broken train signals obviously being 'Proddies' (fairly mild) to explicitly anti-Scottish songs (they were from Dumbarton!) and the same crowd discussing fund raising for the IRA.

I think Fans of (The) Rangers have more religious based songs, etc, but Fans of Celtc win hands down when it comes to glorifying Terrorism, and they are about equal when it comes to living way in the past.

FWIW, I've met a load more Protestant Celtc Fans than Roman Catholic Rangers Fans (the latter number being exactly 1). Somehow, it doesn't seem to subdue their anti-UK and pro-terrorist enthusiasms.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Sadly I've had a few experiences of 'grown up' Celtc Fans' bigotry. The worst experience included jokes about broken train signals obviously being 'Proddies' (fairly mild) to explicitly anti-Scottish songs (they were from Dumbarton!) and the same crowd discussing fund raising for the IRA.

I think Fans of (The) Rangers have more religious based songs, etc, but Fans of Celtc win hands down when it comes to glorifying Terrorism, and they are about equal when it comes to living way in the past.

FWIW, I've met a load more Protestant Celtc Fans than Roman Catholic Rangers Fans (the latter number being exactly 1). Somehow, it doesn't seem to subdue their anti-UK and pro-terrorist enthusiasms.

Your middle paragraph sums it up in a nutshell for me.

In my experience, rangers have always been more about the religious aspect whereas celtic hsve taken the political side to fuel there bigotry and sectarianism.

What either have to do with football, Scotland, Celtic or rangers in 2017, I have no idea. It's clear that they both feed of it though and deep down, the boards probably embrace it to keep them relevant

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Yes I get that both Celtc and the Sevconians have songs about organisations that have carried out armed violence : IRA/PIRA ... UDA, UVF, Red Hand, black & Tans, British Army etc .

But sevco clearly sing anti catholic songs hateful towards a specific religion: Catholics, the pope, chapels , Rosary beads. Their rantings against 'fenians' is purely aimed at Catholics even although The Fenian Brotherhood was made up of Protestants and Catholics fighting oppression.

I've never heard Celtc fans singing any songs hateful towards Protestants, the Protestant religion or aspects of that religion.

Betty Boop
22-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Folk on this thread trying to make out Celtic don't have a dodgy songbook is embarrassing. Maybe you only hear what you want to hear?

CathroMustStay
22-07-2017, 01:48 PM
The tims banners were ****ing stupid, but people continually conflate Irish republicanism with anti-protestant bigotry and that's utterly moronic.

Nuance is required when it comes to such debates.

hibsbollah
22-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Folk on this thread trying to make out Celtic don't have a dodgy songbook is embarrassing. Maybe you only hear what you want to hear?

No, it's just obvious that Rangers songbook is more consistently offensive than Celtics. It's self evident if you look at the words used.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Yes I get that both Celtc and the Sevconians have songs about organisations that have carried out armed violence : IRA/PIRA ... UDA, UVF, Red Hand, black & Tans, British Army etc .

But sevco clearly sing anti catholic songs hateful towards a specific religion: Catholics, the pope, chapels , Rosary beads. Their rantings against 'fenians' is purely aimed at Catholics even although The Fenian Brotherhood was made up of Protestants and Catholics fighting oppression.

I've never heard Celtc fans singing any songs hateful towards Protestants, the Protestant religion or aspects of that religion.

Regularly heard in Celtic minded boozers in the East End are the band the Wolfe Tones. Most songs have the 'add-in' lyrics that the punters add in while singing. For example, The Merry Ploughboy and the verse:

And we’re all off to Dublin in the green (**** THE QUEEN)
Where the helmets glisten in the sun (**** THE HUNS)
Where the bayonets slash the orange sash,
To the echo of a Thompson gun.

Surely that's one small example of their hate filled minds.

Like I said earlier, I believe they're both as bad as eachother, but to claim Celtc are less hateful etc. Is just craziness. The two of them have a large hard core of bigots who hate each other purely based on religion. The actual football is probably an after thought for them, the platform to sing their bile is why a lot go no doubt!

silverhibee
22-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Celtic have closed the Green Brigade section for two games because they know UEFA will hammer the club the next time. Perhaps even close the ground for a game. These people are idiots and Celtic, give them their due, are trying to stop them. On the other hand not a pep from the new rangers when Alan Stubbs was verbally abused at Ibrox. One more warning then close the ground would be my answer. After that match I wrote to the SFA but they never answered. Which is the actions of cowards. Head in the sand as usual.

But are they, don't think this is the 1st time Celtc and the GB have had a wee fall out over the years, how many chances do you give to a part of your support who keep on embarrassing there club with banners about supporting terrorism,normally through banners, FFS, Celtc allow the GB to make the banners up inside Parkhead, you would think some c*** at Parkhead would ask to see what is being displayed for upcoming games, but no, the banners just keep coming, Celtc had to do something about the GBs latest crap against Linfield, they ban GB for 2 games, they will just enter at another part of the stadium for next 2 games, and Lawell and Rodgers will be back to praising the GB for the great atmosphere they bring to games and encourage the players on. :rolleyes:

Celtc could have used CCTV to see who was holding the banners and banned a dozen folk for life from Parkhead from the other night against Linfield, but that would really upset the GB and a lot of the support who back them, Lawell doesn't want that hassle.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Regularly heard in Celtic minded boozers in the East End are the band the Wolfe Tones. Most songs have the 'add-in' lyrics that the punters add in while singing. For example, The Merry Ploughboy and the verse:

And we’re all off to Dublin in the green (**** THE QUEEN)
Where the helmets glisten in the sun (**** THE HUNS)
Where the bayonets slash the orange sash,
To the echo of a Thompson gun.

Surely that's one small example of their hate filled minds.

Like I said earlier, I believe they're both as bad as eachother, but to claim Celtc are less hateful etc. Is just craziness. The two of them have a large hard core of bigots who hate each other purely based on religion. The actual football is probably an after thought for them, the platform to sing their bile is why a lot go no doubt!

Aye the Wolfe tones named after a Protestant. That's my point.

The point was - they don't sing songs hateful towards religion as you claim . . I can't stand the Orange Order (which in my view is a hateful outfit full of bigots) and I bet most hibees can't stand it too.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Aye the Wolfe tones named after a Protestant. That's my point.

The point was - they don't sing songs hateful towards religion as you claim . . I can't stand the Orange Order (which in my view is a hateful outfit full of bigots) and I bet most hibees can't stand it too.

Are you serious? Have you never been to Celtic Park or drank around that area? It doesn't even have to be on a match day to encounter their hate.

I get that a lot of Hibbies sit on one side of a particular fence, but it's very blinkered in my opinion to say they (Celtc) don't hate, or rather a huge amount of them, not all, don't hate the protestant religion. I can't stand either of them, and especially anyone in our support with a 'preference' to one or the other so I'll leave this others.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Are you serious? Have you never been to Celtic Park or drank around that area? It doesn't even have to be on a match day to encounter their hate.

I get that a lot of Hibbies sit on one side of a particular fence, but it's very blinkered in my opinion to say they (Celtc) don't hate, or rather a huge amount of them, not all, don't hate the protestant religion. I can't stand either of them, and especially anyone in our support with a 'preference' to one or the other so I'll leave this others.

Totally serious and yes I've been to see hibs at parkead plenty times and been to plenty boozers near Barrowlands too. Still yet to hear a song hateful to the Protestant religion. If you have then I'd be interested to know what it was.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Totally serious and yes I've been to see hibs at parkead plenty times and been to plenty boozers near Barrowlands too. Still yet to hear a song hateful to the Protestant religion. If you have then I'd be interested to know what it was.

Off the top of my head, On The One Road:
North men, South men, comrades all,
Soon there’ll be no Protestants at all.

But if you've been around the area as much as you have, you'll already know that one.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 03:35 PM

But if you've been around the area as much as you have, you'll already know that one.

LOL! Did you just make that up?

Since90+2
22-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Genuinely never heard Celtic fans sing that and ive never met a Celtic fan that's cared a jot about religion. Maybe I've just been lucky but that's my experience.

I don't doubt there are probably a few bams in their support who are anti protestant but on the whole I don't think it's an issue for most of them.

As has been mentioned people seem to be conflating Irish Republicanism with anti Protestant bigotry.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 03:39 PM
LOL! Did you just make that up?

It's a Wolf Tones song chuckles.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Genuinely never heard Celtic fans sing that and ive never met a Celtic fan that's cared a jot about religion. Maybe I've just been lucky but that's my experience.

As has been mentioned people seem to be conflating Irish Republicanism with anti Protestant bigotry.

Heard it in Bar 67 numerous times and in Bairds bar also. It's the unfortunate reality of one of my best mates being a Celtc fan and going to eachother's pubs.

Since90+2
22-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Not those lyrics.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Not those lyrics.

Away! Honest? Just like the words to Simply the Best don't contain "**** the Pope and the IRA", it's what football fans do.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 03:46 PM

I'm well aware what it is. I've never ever heard that line being sung.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm well aware what it is. I've never ever heard that line being sung.

I was replying to Since90+2, not yourself I'm afraid.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 04:02 PM
I was replying to Since90+2, not yourself I'm afraid.

Umm, you actually were replying to me if you want to go back and read the thread!! 😂😂😂

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 04:03 PM

But that's not a wolf tones song mate. Sorry but you're wrong.
The words to the Wolfe Tones song 'On the one road' are:

"North men, South men, comrades all
Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal
We're on the one road swinging along
Singing a soldier's song"

Honestly , referring to a band named after a Protestant to claim they hate Protestants just doesn't work.

The Wolf Tones don't hate the hibees either if you care to check out this barry wee song about the Cabbage:

Hibernia:

https://youtu.be/yj-2VYeUHxs

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Umm, you actually were replying to me if you want to go back and read the thread!! 😂😂😂

Nope, top of page 7. Not you. Unless you have two usernames. So you can put your wee emoji back in your pocket.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:10 PM
But that's not a wolf tones song mate. Sorry but you're wrong.
The words to the Wolfe Tones song 'On the one road' are:

"North men, South men, comrades all
Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal
We're on the one road swinging along
Singing a soldier's song"

Honestly , referring to a band named after a Protestant to claim they hate Protestants just doesn't work.

The Wolf Tones don't hate the hibees either if you care to check out this barry wee song about the Cabbage:

Hibernia:

https://youtu.be/yj-2VYeUHxs

Are you deliberatley trying to be an eejit? Football fans change words. Are you really saying you don't realise that? I doubt that Vera Lynn hated the teams we mention in our version of Land of Hope and Glory when she was singing it. Common sense eh!

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Are you deliberatley trying to be an eejit? Football fans change words. Are you really saying you don't realise that? I doubt that Vera Lynn hated the teams we mention in our version of Land of Hope and Glory when she was writing it. Common sense eh!

No - I don't think anyone's being an idiot in this thread . It's good to understand how fellow hibees think but you keep on using examples that don't make sense. As I've said - using the Wolf Tones to try make a case for anti Protestantism is simply ridiculous.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Nope, top of page 7. Not you. Unless you have two usernames. So you can put your wee emoji back in your pocket.

Well have a look on page 6 then you can jump back in my pocket along with my emoji's! 😎

bigwheel
22-07-2017, 04:24 PM

Honestly, to suggest a "huge amount" of Celtic fans hate Protestants is rubbish....Celtic fans will come from a wide variety of backgrounds...and whilst many will have political affinity with a free Ireland (not a religious issue btw) there is very little anti-Protestant views from Celtic fans....

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:24 PM
No - I don't think anyone's being an idiot in this thread . It's good to understand how fellow hibees think but you keep on using examples that don't make sense. As I've said - using the Wolf Tones to try make a case for anti Protestantism is simply ridiculous.

You do know the Wolfe Tones are followed in massive numbers by Celtc fans, yeah? Writing the Celtic Sympothy for their Centenary season. Of course Celtc fans will amend their songs with lines of their own. Being named after the Father of Irish Repulicanism is irrelevent. He may have been a protestant, but he's the Republican poster boy due to the Catholic Relief act and his rebel against the British Army.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Well have a look on page 6 then you can jump back in my pocket along with my emoji's! [emoji41]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/8a9ef9e4269af46858ba74c70e4c009f.png

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Honestly, to suggest a "huge amount" of Celtic fans hate Protestants is rubbish....Celtic fans will come from a wide variety of backgrounds...and whilst many will have political affinity with a free Ireland (not a religious issue btw) there is very little anti-Protestant views from Celtic fans....

Well we'll agree to disagree then. They're as bad as eachother. Maybe they are 90 minute bigots then and only sing those songs for the sake of it. They are heard in various pubs loud and clear when they play at home.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 04:35 PM
You do know the Wolfe Tones are followed in massive numbers by Celtc fans, yeah? Writing the Celtic Sympothy for their Centenary season. Of course Celtc fans will amend their songs with lines of their own. Being named after the Father of Irish Repulicanism is irrelevent. He may have been a protestant, but he's the Republican poster boy due to the Catholic Relief act and his rebel against the British Army.

Bud... you were totally wrong saying that a wolf Tones song contained that line about Protestants. I mean, it's like saying the Wallace Mercer song was a Scott Joplin song just coz it uses the same tune.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Bud... you were totally wrong saying that a wolf Tones song contained that line about Protestants. I mean, it's like saying the Wallace Mercer song was a Scott Joplin song just coz it uses the same tune.

I never said their song contained it, I said the Celtc fans sing that version of it. Which they do. When they play in Glasgow, in front of mostly Celtc fans, the pissed up punters in hoops sing that line. It's not too hard to understand. You obviously like the band and are on the defence that they never wrote that line, and I agree. However, Celtc fans sing that line when that song is on.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 04:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/8a9ef9e4269af46858ba74c70e4c009f.png

I'm trying to work out if you're being serious or just having a laugh?

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm trying to work out if you're being serious or just having a laugh?

I was replying to Since90+2, I had replied to you earlier on.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 04:49 PM
I was replying to Since90+2, I had replied to you earlier on.

WTF??? 😂

Yeah, I replied to your reply to me and you said "I didn't reply to you" or words to that effect!

This is incredibly silly.

And for what it's worth, I've not heard any so called "Celtic" songs about killing protestants or lines added in about killing protestants.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:52 PM
WTF??? 😂

Yeah, I replied to your reply to me and you said "I didn't reply to you" or words to that effect!

This is incredibly silly.

And for what it's worth, I've not heard any so called "Celtic" songs about killing protestants or lines added in about killing protestants.

Pop into a Celtc pub when we play them then. Might open your eyes a bit to be in the company of their hardcore.

Johnny Clash
22-07-2017, 04:54 PM
I never said their song contained it, I said the Celtc fans sing that version of it. Which they do. When they play in Glasgow, in front of mostly Celtc fans, the pissed up punters in hoops sing that line. It's not too hard to understand. You obviously like the band and are on the defence that they never wrote that line, and I agree. However, Celtc fans sing that line when that song is on.

Nope- I don't particularly like that band and I've been to hundreds of gigs but never a Wolf Tones gig. Seen the Proclaimers a few times though.👍

I'm also not on the defence mate. You did actually quote the Wolf Tones song title, then the dodgy lyric. In your next message you said :
"It's a Wolf Tones song chuckles."

But at least we now agree it's definitely not a Wolf Tones song so that's cleared that up.

Col_0762
22-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Nope- I don't particularly like that band and I've been to hundreds of gigs but never a Wolf Tones gig. Seen the Proclaimers a few times though.👍

I'm also not on the defence mate. You did actually quote the Wolf Tones song title, then the dodgy lyric. In your next message you said :
"It's a Wolf Tones song chuckles."

But at least we now agree it's definitely not a Wolf Tones song so that's cleared that up.

I was just giving the song it is sung to, otherwise it's just words written down.

I'm out anyway. Been a good wee debate haha.

sambajustice
22-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Pop into a Celtc pub when we play them then. Might open your eyes a bit to be in the company of their hardcore.

Oh dear lad.

One thing I absolutely don't need my eyes opened to is a republican sing song!

Magnus
22-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Have you never heard the pro PIRA songs being belted out from their end at every game? Boys of the Old Brigade etc.
Boys of the Old Brigade is a song about the 1916 Rising. The PIRA were founded in the 1960's.
Just a little bit of info to help you out. You're not doing too well at the minute

Eyrie
22-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Boys of the Old Brigade is a song about the 1916 Rising. The PIRA were founded in the 1960's.
Just a little bit of info to help you out. You're not doing too well at the minute

And it's about something that has as much relevance to 21st century football in Scotland as the anti-Catholic hatred that the other arse cheek sings about, even before you realise that it is being sung because of the PIRA as demonstrated by that banner the other night.

You can argue that one side is worse than the other, but the reality is that neither is acceptable.

pacorosssco
22-07-2017, 11:41 PM
In Holland if fans sing banned songs there is a warning.A alarm and announcement is made. The third sees game stopped. SFA have no care to clean up game.

Stubbsy2016
23-07-2017, 10:19 AM
I don't particularly care for either of the OF but The Rangers fans are undoubtedly worse.

Can't be arsed with Celtic winning 10 in a row and equally can't be arsed with The Rangers being the team to stop them. Hope they both end up playing elsewhere in some transatlantic league or something as England won't hve them.

SirDavidsNapper
23-07-2017, 10:36 AM
If both sets of fans stopped sectarian singing the atmosphere at an old firm game would be like something from Sunday league. The powers that be won't do anything about it as it's supposedly our biggest fixture. They don't have the balls and never will.

Elephant Stone
23-07-2017, 11:12 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CH3RlCSmKE

North men, south men, comrades all. Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal.

There probably weren't that many pissed up, Republican Celtic fans at that Wolfe Tones gig in the Gallowgate of Glasgow though, eh? :tee hee:

Carheenlea
23-07-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm in Galway at present, and can remember a couple of years ago a Wolfe Tones gig in a hotel near Athenry that was struggling to sell. Get the impression that the Irish treat them as a bit of an outdated, tired act, but Scottish folk still lap them up. Mostly of course by Scortish Irish Republicans who's support of Irish Republicanism is based solely on being an extension to supporting a certain football team. Clowns.

Col_0762
23-07-2017, 11:24 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CH3RlCSmKE

North men, south men, comrades all. Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal.

There probably weren't that many pissed up, Republican Celtic fans at that Wolfe Tones gig in the Gallowgate of Glasgow though, eh? :tee hee:

Why do so many want to defend or deflect away from the fact that Celtc fans do sing that line, it's cringey as hell. We have a serious problem with some of our support seeing them as some sort of cousin and sticking up for them. Posting a link to short video of one gig out of the many hundreds they've probably played in Glasgow is supposed to prove what exactly? That on that particular night, a video from behind the stage proves that no Celtc fan has ever sung that line while hearing that song? Some people just need to accept that both sets of fans have a sectarian hatred for eachother. Pathetic how much folk try and stick up for the tims. **** off and watch them if you love and agree with what they sing every week then. Just because they're the 'catholic' side that many wish we were still, doesn't take away from the fact they're sectarian and their club, and the huns market it all in a way to keep making money from them.

Keith_M
23-07-2017, 11:27 AM
As per usual, this thread has taken a rather silly turn, with people arguing over the exact wording of some song and whether the percentage of bigots at Celtc Park is less than the number at Ibrox.

The sad truth of the matter is that large numbers of Celtc & The Rangers fans are living their lives through the prism of sectarianism, terrorism and bigotry, trying to re-create the worst elements of life in Northern Ireland and revelling in the past. No matter how offensive they become, there's a distinct failure by our footballing authorities & media to even admit it happens, let alone demand something is done about it.

Col_0762
23-07-2017, 11:30 AM
As per usual, this thread has taken a rather silly turn, with people arguing over the exact wording of some song and whether the percentage of bigots at Celtc Park is less than the number at Ibrox.

The sad truth of the matter is that large numbers of Celtc & The Rangers fans are living their lives through the prism of sectarianism, terrorism and bigotry, trying to re-create the worst elements of life in Northern Ireland and revelling in the past. No matter how offensive they become, there's a distinct failure by our footballing authorities & media to even admit it happens, let alone demand something is done about it.

Exactly. As I've said, both are guilty of it, no matter what some people think or choose to think.

Since90+2
23-07-2017, 11:30 AM

I think the thread started off on a silly way when you stated Celtic and Rangers fans are "complete s*um.

I've met plenty decent folk who support both sides and to brand them as complete s*um is ridiculous.

Eyrie
23-07-2017, 11:31 AM

I don't see how any football supporter could fail to condemn both the actions of both sets of fans and the failure of the authorities to do anything about it.

Argylehibby
23-07-2017, 11:33 AM
It's easy. They are!

If a hearts supporter walked through both sets of fans as you did only one set would react and they would only need to swap fenian for orange. Celtic fans actually think we are like them and that we like them so we get treated "better" by them.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2017, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Col_0762;5111599]Why do so many want to defend or deflect away from the fact that Celtc fans do sing that line, it's cringey as hell. We have a serious problem with some of our support seeing them as some sort of cousin and sticking up for them. Posting a link to short video of one gig out of the many hundreds they've probably played in Glasgow is supposed to prove what exactly? That on that particular night, a video from behind the stage proves that no Celtc fan has ever sung that line while hearing that song? Some people just need to accept that both sets of fans have a sectarian hatred for eachother. Pathetic how much folk try and stick up for the tims. **** off and watch them if you love and agree with what they sing every week then. Just because they're the 'catholic' side that many wish we were still, doesn't take away from the fact they're sectarian and their club, and the huns market it all in a way to keep making money from them.[/QUOTE

In all the many posts on this thread and the other one, there is no one claiming they (Celtic) are our cousins or kindred spirits or in fact anything close, There are people saying that there are distinctions between the two Glasgow clubs and their relationship with sectariianism. That isn't sticking up for them. Here's a simple one. Rangers spent most of the 20th centruy refusing to sign catholics, Celtic have never implemented this kind of bigotry with regard to their playing staff. See the histroical differences?

Elephant Stone
23-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Why do so many want to defend or deflect away from the fact that Celtc fans do sing that line, it's cringey as hell. We have a serious problem with some of our support seeing them as some sort of cousin and sticking up for them. Posting a link to short video of one gig out of the many hundreds they've probably played in Glasgow is supposed to prove what exactly? That on that particular night, a video from behind the stage proves that no Celtc fan has ever sung that line while hearing that song? Some people just need to accept that both sets of fans have a sectarian hatred for eachother. Pathetic how much folk try and stick up for the tims. **** off and watch them if you love and agree with what they sing every week then. Just because they're the 'catholic' side that many wish we were still, doesn't take away from the fact they're sectarian and their club, and the huns market it all in a way to keep making money from them.

Well I can't speak for everyone who is disagreeing with you here, it could be because they are into Catholicism, you could be right, but I'm just disagreeing because I think you are wrong. I have never in my life heard those words sung to that song. You said it gets added into it when The Wolfe Tones play in Glasgow in front of drunk Celtic fans so I found a video of that very part of the song at a gig in Glasgow in front of an audience which couldn't be more drunk or more Celtic and it's not being sung.

You yourself might have heard someone singing those words once, but it seems like you are either in the minority or completely alone on that one. If that's the case then I think it's probably fair to say that those words don't represent Celtic any more than a pissed up Hibs or Hearts jakey singing 'the edinburgh song' represents the rest of the fans of those clubs. And that's something I have seen several times.

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Not all Celtic or Rangers fans are '****' that's a ridiculous and sweeping generalisation that can be refuted by just about anybody on this board who has personal friends supporting both clubs, including me ...... glory hunting bassas yes, **** no.

The problem comes when fans of both clubs get caught up in the tribalism that surrounds them and unfortunately that tribalism is founded in deep rooted religious intolerance ...... the Green Brigade would argue that their displays and utterances are political not religious, but many are also inspired by the politics of Northern Ireland, a place where politics and religion are inseparable and by that token the Green Brigades displays stoke the fires of that sad situation whether they are prepared to admit it or not.

It gives supporters of the other side of the bile an open door to indulge in 'whitabootery' and anybody with a modicum of sense of a green persuasion, if they were to sit down and think about it, should see that stupid actions which chuck away their claim to the moral high ground are totally counter productive.

Unfortunately the powers that be in this county have allowed both clubs to get to a stage where their arrogance is so rampant they both release statements railing against each other and the governing body that would lead to both clubs being slapped down hard in any other country in Europe. I saw a comment from a Sevco fan on a facebook page calling UEFA stupid for fining the club because all that was thrown at Progres players was rolled up paper ..... and for me that sums up the failure of our administrators when it comes to the Ugly Sisters .... because the SPFL did absolutely nothing about the same thing being done to Hibs players the Sevco fans thought they would get away with it in Europe.

Perhaps if instead of UEFA fining Celtic and The Rangers for the actions of their fans they were to fine the SFA instead we would see a change in attitude from the top.

sambajustice
23-07-2017, 02:07 PM
On a related note, what I find quite funny is the attachment Celtic fans have to Ireland but if you go over there they are barely mentioned. Firstly, soccer is 4th in the sporting line and then after that everyone is Man United and Liverpool, there's very little Celtic chat at all

Keith_M
23-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I think the thread started off on a silly way when you stated Celtic and Rangers fans are "complete s*um.

I've met plenty decent folk who support both sides and to brand them as complete s*um is ridiculous.

If you care to read my comment again, you'll see I was talking about the people that actually did what I discussed in my post.

Keith_M
23-07-2017, 03:56 PM
I don't see how any football supporter could fail to condemn both the actions of both sets of fans and the failure of the authorities to do anything about it.

Wee Effen Bee
23-07-2017, 04:23 PM
I've sort of lost sight of the various debates on this thread. Are they…:

some say both sides guilty of displaying outdated and cringey allegiences so both exactly the same
many of us think the Rangers are worse than Celtic
one, maybe two, out of the whole thread, said they have endured more hostility At Parkheid than at Ibrox - others say this is total Biloxi!
some posters think that if you put forward a point of view slightly in favour of a Celtic position, you then have to be a Celtic luvvy
some may have a (very slight) leaning toward Celtic's stance because they share the same religious/political persuasion
Hibs are nowt like Celtic as we have various religious/non religious fanbase
some think we've got worse things to worry about
the governing bodies are, not only ignoring various 'reprehensible behaviours,' but are actively colluding with the two sides

What have I missed and is there any point in going round in circles?:confused:

18Hibee75
24-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Think hearts news song about Kyle Lafferty is also telling, "he's 7ft and he plays the flute"

Sir David Gray
24-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Think hearts news song about Kyle Lafferty is also telling, "he's 7ft and he plays the flute"

I would be surprised if that's sung by any sizeable number of people at Tynecastle to be fair. There is a dodgy element to their support but it is genuinely a minority.

CapitalGreen
24-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Hearts fans don't sing songs 😂

Smartie
24-07-2017, 11:44 AM
I would be surprised if that's sung by any sizeable number of people at Tynecastle to be fair. There is a dodgy element to their support but it is genuinely a minority.

Since your namesake planted their songbook 6ft down in the ground they have little else to sing about now though.

They can sing about chips.

They can sing about their girder.

They can sing about their beanpole striker's favourite woodwind instrument.

Gimps.

Brizo
24-07-2017, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=Col_0762;5111599]In all the many posts on this thread and the other one, there is no one claiming they (Celtic) are our cousins or kindred spirits or in fact anything close, There are people saying that there are distinctions between the two Glasgow clubs and their relationship with sectariianism. That isn't sticking up for them. Here's a simple one. Rangers spent most of the 20th centruy refusing to sign catholics, Celtic have never implemented this kind of bigotry with regard to their playing staff. See the histroical differences?

And that is the key distinction. While Celtc undoubtedly pander to the "ould Ireland" malarkey The Rangers sectarianism was institutionalised at Board room / owner level.

There are nuances and distinctions between both halfs of the OF in how they have operated and to suggest they are both exactly the same is lazy. That doesn't mean Celtc are exempt from blame, far from it. However they are less guilty than The Rangers.

rodhibs55
24-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Not all Celtic or Rangers fans are '****' that's a ridiculous and sweeping generalisation that can be refuted by just about anybody on this board who has personal friends supporting both clubs, including me ...... glory hunting bassas yes, **** no.

The problem comes when fans of both clubs get caught up in the tribalism that surrounds them and unfortunately that tribalism is founded in deep rooted religious intolerance ...... the Green Brigade would argue that their displays and utterances are political not religious, but many are also inspired by the politics of Northern Ireland, a place where politics and religion are inseparable and by that token the Green Brigades displays stoke the fires of that sad situation whether they are prepared to admit it or not.

It gives supporters of the other side of the bile an open door to indulge in 'whitabootery' and anybody with a modicum of sense of a green persuasion, if they were to sit down and think about it, should see that stupid actions which chuck away their claim to the moral high ground are totally counter productive.

Unfortunately the powers that be in this county have allowed both clubs to get to a stage where their arrogance is so rampant they both release statements railing against each other and the governing body that would lead to both clubs being slapped down hard in any other country in Europe. I saw a comment from a Sevco fan on a facebook page calling UEFA stupid for fining the club because all that was thrown at Progres players was rolled up paper ..... and for me that sums up the failure of our administrators when it comes to the Ugly Sisters .... because the SPFL did absolutely nothing about the same thing being done to Hibs players the Sevco fans thought they would get away with it in Europe.

Perhaps if instead of UEFA fining Celtic and The Rangers for the actions of their fans they were to fine the SFA instead we would see a change in attitude from the top.

Great shout, maybe then they would get off their ar*** and actually do something about it instead of talking about it and doing nothing.