PDA

View Full Version : Stokesy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Scottie
01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Well if there is nothing of note why start ANOTHER thread on the subject ? :dunno:

Sean1875
01-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Well if there is nothing of note why start ANOTHER thread on the subject ? :dunno:

Bored of the subject going off on a tangent to ***** puns once again perhaps?

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Mods, get this thread to ****, its tiresome now.

Scottie
01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Bored of the subject going off on a tangent to ***** puns once again perhaps?
Does every thread on .net not go off on a tangent :agree:

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Do you wait for so many posts to go by then re-post this

:LOL:

Pretty much aye

Sean1875
01-08-2017, 03:54 PM

Agreed and I can handle it to an extent, but its meant to be a thread updating us on the potential of us making our marquee signing of this summer and potentially one of our biggest signings for years - cant be arsed having to scroll through pages of ****ing fish puns to check for updates.

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Cod roe just stop these puns please.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 03:59 PM
If we actually signed stokes there would be at least one other thread started saying STOKES SIGNS as the title, as well as the official site thread that would be started.

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
If we actually signed stokes there would be at least one other thread started saying STOKES SIGNS as the title, as well as the official site thread that would be started.

Yes but I am sure there are a lot of us who are interested in hearing if there has been any update to the situation, its clear that there will be no word from Hibs until the deal is done and they are announcing it. Until then snippets of progress keep us going and keep the fire Stoked.

Jack Hackett
01-08-2017, 04:02 PM

Look on the bright side... It's all in one plaice and easily avoided. Besides, it will probably flounder soon

Speedway
01-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Do you think that the offer for Stokes is so big by Hibs terms that it would mean we're done for the window if he signs but if he doesn't, we could see another 2-4 come in?

HibsNutter
01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Do you think that the offer for Stokes is so big by Hibs terms that it would mean we're done for the window if he signs but if he doesn't, we could see another 2-4 come in?

Hopefully. Quality, not quantity is the way forward.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Yes but I am sure there are a lot of us who are interested in hearing if there has been any update to the situation, its clear that there will be no word from Hibs until the deal is done and they are announcing it. Until then snippets of progress keep us going and keep the fire Stoked.

The snippets that we have been given have been wildly inaccurate so far, ranging from he isnt signing to he's having a medical to having signed a three year deal and will be announced tomorrow.......its been so bad that a thread full of fish related puns is not only more entertaining but more accurate and informative than anything to do with Stokes.

silverhibee
01-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Putting aside all the eagerness and desire to get this over the line, it would appear that Stokes is in no great hurry to make a decision. With Lennon's input re. great deal offered, might be room for some improvement etc., Stokes is in a win win situation and might very well wait till the end of the window before accepting or declining. I assume he is, meanwhile, training seriously in private or with another club.

I will probably get slaughtered for this, but imo it has been handled poorly by Lennon, it is now so obvious to eveyone and there cat and dug that Stokes is our No 1 target, our MARQUEE signing in the waiting, and we are getting small snippets from our manager that we are just giving Stokes some time to think over our offer, we aren't haggling a fee for him so no other club involved, I'm sure by now we have offered him the best we can as a club but we are sounding desperate to get it over the line, but this will suit Stokes and his agent, they are now in the driving seat and are basically sitting it out until they see if Hibs will go higher.

I see it as Stokes is still looking for other clubs to show interest and see what they can offer, if it's a good bit better than Hibs offer he will move on somewhere else, if he doesn't get a better offer he knows he can fall back on the Hibs contract and sign that, but it should now have a time limit on it now so that we can get someone else in and be prepared for the season ahead that starts this weekend.

Docc109
01-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Look on the bright side... It's all in one plaice and easily avoided. Besides, it will probably flounder soon
There's so much conjecture on this subject, for Stokes it must feel like living in a goldfish bowl.

01-08-2017, 04:18 PM

Hermit Crab, you're being a bit shellfish. :cb

Famous Fiver
01-08-2017, 04:19 PM
If Stokes falls through hope we don't go for Connor Salmon!!!

snooky
01-08-2017, 04:20 PM
No matter what's gone before - the net result (no pun intended) is this..
Stokesy, are you coming or not? Not much to ask.

neil7908
01-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Interesting thought. For me we don't need 4 new players (presuming all current squad stay), 2 quality signings would do it.

GloryGlory
01-08-2017, 04:32 PM
If Stokes falls through hope we don't go for Connor Salmon!!!

I'm constantly trawling this thread for new information to see if Stokes has signed or if we are casting our net wider.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Hermit Crab, you're being a bit shellfish. :cb

Decapod Crustacean actually. :wink:

Mikeystewart
01-08-2017, 04:36 PM
We need to cast the scouting net out a little wider if Stokes is going to play hardball.

Borderhibbie76
01-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Mods, get this thread to ****, its tiresome now.Yup agreed infantile or what

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ehf
01-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Anchovy Stokes

Has pulled a mussel, apparently.

01-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Decapod Crustacean actually. :wink:

:thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
01-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Yup agreed infantile or what

Light hearted fun I'd say. Much of the conjecture about Stokes on here is infantile.

ancient hibee
01-08-2017, 05:18 PM
If people don't like fish references stay out of the net.Frankly it's a load of carp.

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 05:25 PM

It was funny the first time a thread was hijacked with these puns.

It's like when children do something funny and their parents laugh. They then continue to repeat the same childish act over and over and over....

By funny I mean not funny in the slightest. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

Mcpakeisgod
01-08-2017, 05:30 PM
A guy at my work seemed to think it was a done deal in the coming days, never heard him pipe up with anything before and he is a bit of a Slavester, but seemed adamant.

Col2
01-08-2017, 05:30 PM
To be fair it was me who started it. I take sole responsibility and I know I have crossed the line and need to scale it back.

AlbertK86
01-08-2017, 05:34 PM
To be fair it was me who started it. I take sole responsibility and I know I have crossed the line and need to scale it back.

Well get yer Skate(s) on and flip over to the fish free thread 😳😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mjhibby
01-08-2017, 05:35 PM
A guy at my work seemed to think it was a done deal in the coming days, never heard him pipe up with anything before and he is a bit of a Slavester, but seemed adamant.

He thinks he's Adam ant. Let's hope he Stannds and delivers. Tangent did you say.

Ronniekirk
01-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Someof the I TK folk have Clam ed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 05:37 PM
I think he does want to be here mate, when it's looking likely that he'll sign for us for under half the wage that he could get elsewhere.

You are quite right. I think the fact he is a club hero is clouding people's judgement. He's made no secret of his feelings for Hibs and us for him, but as a football player he has to weigh up his options financially as well, and if it is half the wage then he'll have to look at what he could afford livi and playing in Edinburgh etc before putting pen to paper. Also someone please fill me in on the fish puns?

stantonsboots
01-08-2017, 05:47 PM
He thinks he's Adam ant. Let's hope he Stannds and delivers. Tangent did you say.you know the football transfer world is a bit of a dog eat dog world and you need to be a bit of a prince charming to get the deals done:thumbsup:

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 05:48 PM
:hyper

Crazyhorse
01-08-2017, 06:00 PM

It's like when children do something funny and their parents laugh. They then continue to repeat the same childish act over and over and over....

By funny I mean not funny in the slightest. :wink:

Quite right it's making some people very iwrasseable and that's just not funny ...not funny at all...

hibees 7062
01-08-2017, 06:18 PM

:fishin:

hibee_nation
01-08-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm herring its a done deal.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 06:31 PM
**** off and start a pun thread in the dug out where all the childish posts can go, leave this thread for serious talk.

147lothian
01-08-2017, 06:32 PM
you know the football transfer world is a bit of a dog eat dog world and you need to be a bit of a prince charming to get the deals done:thumbsup:

Never trust a man with egg of his face

No one knows what's going on, but it could be that Stokes cant sign for anyone until 14 days after his release from Blackburn to get his full severance payment and its already a done deal hence the silence so far, if that's the case there's nothing we can do but wait, for a few more days.

At the end of the day I have full faith in NL as a professional manager to make the best signings he can with the budget allocated to him. Im as frustrated as any fan with the waiting but I take comfort in the knowledge that we have a manager who knows who he wants and will do what it takes to get the players he wants in, its going to be a good season imo with or without Stokes, I see us finishing at the top end of the league but I still hope that Stokes returns

fat freddy
01-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Anthony Stokes.

Toys Not Shaken

Ye Stanton Kosh

Nay Skoosh Tent

Snakey Not Shot

N.Y. Tooth Snakes

1two
01-08-2017, 06:37 PM
**** off and start a pun thread in the dug out where all the childish posts can go, leave this thread for serious talk.

You're a bit crabbit this evening mr hermet.
This thread is full of people in minnow.

SquashedFrogg
01-08-2017, 06:40 PM

But I think that's the point. It's not serious talk, is it? From what I've seen it's people posting absolute garbage, frightened about a footballer taking his time over signing. The pun stuff lightens the mood shall we say. It's all about choices - if you're too highly strung there are other websites available...

Bring on the Thistle.... :flag:

01-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Never trust a man with egg of his face

No one knows what's going on, but it could be that Stokes cant sign for anyone until 14 days after his release from Blackburn to get his full severance payment and its already a done deal hence the silence so far, if that's the case there's nothing we can do but wait, for a few more days.

At the end of the day I have full faith in NL as a professional manager to make the best signings he can with the budget allocated to him. Im as frustrated as any fan with the waiting but I take comfort in the knowledge that we have a manager who knows who he wants and will do what it takes to get the players he wants in, its going to be a good season imo with or without Stokes, I see us finishing at the top end of the league but I still hope that Stokes returns

Here's hoping that's what it is and the 14 days are nearly up.

hibee_nation
01-08-2017, 06:43 PM

Sorry I wasn't doing it on porpoise.

Walter
01-08-2017, 06:44 PM

😆😆😆

R'Albin
01-08-2017, 06:47 PM

I don't get this one.

andybev1
01-08-2017, 06:49 PM

Yes, why so shellfish?

matty_f
01-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Can't stand the puns as much as the next person, but there's a delightful irony in you getting so wound up about it given the name.

SquashedFrogg
01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Can't stand the puns as much as the next person, but there's a delightful irony in you getting so wound up about it given the name.

:top marks

beensaidbefore
01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
I agree with hermit crab, this pun stuff is chiclid, and borleyi

HNA2
01-08-2017, 07:00 PM

You do realise that your greetin is making it funnier for people and encouraging them don't you? Personally id try just not reading the thread, people will clam up eventually 😋

Disc O'Dave
01-08-2017, 07:08 PM
You do realise that your greetin is making it funnier for people and encouraging them don't you? Personally id try just not reading the thread, people will clam up eventually 😋

The admins are pitching in too.....Brill!

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 07:11 PM
The admins are pitching in too.....Brill!

Aye but if i change the letters of a swear word i get a pull? :confused:

beensaidbefore
01-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Come on man, don't take the humpback, the rest of us are having a whale of a time.

Disc O'Dave
01-08-2017, 07:14 PM

I got a yellow card once for a joke about an elephant. Some days it's just like that :wink:

Scott Allan Key
01-08-2017, 07:18 PM

He's just fishing. He's in on the joke, shoal-y?

Jim44
01-08-2017, 07:36 PM
This message board is not called Hibs.net for nothing ......... :greengrin

Smartie
01-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Is an ability to come up with an obscure Fish pun a sign of a Misplaced Childhood?

lord bunberry
01-08-2017, 07:40 PM
I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign

AgentDaleCooper
01-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Is an ability to come up with an obscure Fish pun a sign of a Misplaced Childhood?

most of us just do it for the halibut.

Hibby70
01-08-2017, 07:43 PM

I bet you findus very annoying.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2017, 07:45 PM

If we do get this over the line, will your mate at work be your prince charming?

MyJo
01-08-2017, 07:49 PM

maybe a lack of schooling :greengrin

Jim44
01-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Hey, Admins, how about we have an amnesty on puns in this thread at midnight and then tomorrow we can get back to the serious business of wondering if Stoke's signing will be announced at 5pm tomorrow, if anyone has seen any flash white sports cars at East Mains or if there have been any sightings of Stokes in the Four In Hand. Fun's fun but to hell with nonsense. :greengrin

hfc rd
01-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign

So will I but it won't be the end of the world as I'm sure NL will have a couple of decent alternative targets in mind if he doesn't sign.

We've pushed the boat out as far as we can for Stokes. Up to him now if he wants to join or not.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Be signing Steve Guppy next.

Hibbyradge
01-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Here's hoping that's what it is and the 14 days are nearly up.

I doubt there's anything in that at all. It's another hibs.net myth, imo.

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2017, 08:00 PM
This thread has gone too far. Time to check Twitter for Stokes updates.

ehf
01-08-2017, 08:01 PM
So will I but it won't be the end of the world as I'm sure NL will have a couple of decent alternative targets in mind if he doesn't sign.

We've pushed the boat out as far as we can for Stokes. Up to him now if he wants to join or not.

Like it; very subtle thematic progression!

Jim44
01-08-2017, 08:02 PM

........ would that be a trawler?

MyJo
01-08-2017, 08:04 PM
........ would that be a trawler?

we're trying to tug at his heartstrings

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 08:04 PM
This thread has gone too far. Time to check Twitter for Stokes updates.

Yip

Waxy
01-08-2017, 08:05 PM
As pun threads go, this ones heading off the scales.

Beefster
01-08-2017, 08:06 PM
I doubt there's anything in that at all. It's another hibs.net myth, imo.

Yup. Utter pish.

silverhibee
01-08-2017, 08:06 PM
:fishin:

Nae need

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2017, 08:09 PM
So many spelling mistakes on this thread it's incredible.

Can we not just get back to slating The cat and underscore about their info?

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I canoe be bothered with this anymore

Smartie
01-08-2017, 08:10 PM
we're trying to tug at his heartstrings

I just hope that in the case of Stokes, that the ship hasn't already sailed.

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 08:12 PM

ehf
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM
I just hope that in the case of Stokes, that the ship hasn't already sailed.

Don't worry; I have it on good authority that the vessel in question will be docking at Leith at 5pm tomorrow.

01-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Has Lennon said anything in the media this week? He seems a bit quiet. Hope next time he does well get some concrete info re Stokes.

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 08:18 PM
When did Hibs.net become full off dicks? I refuse to sink to your low level...

Eyrie
01-08-2017, 08:22 PM

It means you're clutching at straws.

Don't mind the puns - even although I've read them all before it makes a change from reading that there's no movement on the Stokes front.

bigwheel
01-08-2017, 08:23 PM

When did it start again ?? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibby Mike
01-08-2017, 08:23 PM

This is merely a drop in the ocean

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 08:25 PM

Haha ok ok enough!!! Please for the love off cod

Craig_in_Prague
01-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Or trying to tip the scales ?

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Have to leave the decision to Eel Lennon.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 08:32 PM

sailing a bit close to the wind with that attitude my friend........

keep the faith
01-08-2017, 08:34 PM
I love stokesy and really wanted him back but think this is long enough. A hard line was taken with fyvie and holding out this long for stokes seems wrong. If he needs to think about it this long then he is hardly chomping at the bit to come back.
Get a deadline in place and move on if he is not keen.

macca70
01-08-2017, 08:40 PM
I love stokesy and really wanted him back but think this is long enough. A hard line was taken with fyvie and holding out this long for stokes seems wrong. If he needs to think about it this long then he is hardly chomping at the bit to come back.
Get a deadline in place and move on if he is not keen.

No one seems to know what is going on behind the scenes, I find it unlikely that a deal is on the table then nothing happens just silence.

It's more likely that a deal has been done but can't be communicated out for whatever reason or there's a reason that hibs will be aware of why Stokes is stalling on a decision.

LD and Petrie are quite shrewd business people, along with Lennon involved they are not going to be messed about by a player or an agent.

beensaidbefore
01-08-2017, 08:40 PM

I know its getting annoying bonito get so personal...

Borderhibbie76
01-08-2017, 08:45 PM
No one seems to know what is going on behind the scenes, I find it unlikely that a deal is on the table then nothing happens just silence.

It's more likely that a deal has been done but can't be communicated out for whatever reason or there's a reason that hibs will be aware of why Stokes is stalling on a decision.

LD and Petrie are quite shrewd business people, along with Lennon involved they are not going to be messed about by a player or an agent.Even a guy I spoke to last week thru work who knows Stokesy personally told me it was all but done and should be announced at the weekend?? I have no idea what's causing the hold up tbh...maybe it is a contractual thing similar to Whittakers signing...who knows??

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I know its getting annoying bonito get so personal...

Good one

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 08:46 PM
sailing a bit close to the wind with that attitude my friend........

Good one

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Even a guy I spoke to last week thru work who knows Stokesy personally told me it was all but done and should be announced at the weekend?? I have no idea what's causing the hold up tbh...maybe it is a contractual thing similar to Whittakers signing...who knows??

Probably trying to get the best possible deal. Just hope that this gets sorted soon before we all go mad!

Borderhibbie76
01-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Probably trying to get the best possible deal. Just hope that this gets sorted soon before we all go mad!Agreed mate [emoji106]

Hibstrooper
01-08-2017, 08:52 PM
This thread used to be a good read to keep up to date on Stokes but now it's just fish

Craig_in_Prague
01-08-2017, 08:55 PM
This thread used to be a good read to keep up to date on Stokes but now it's just fish

Yep, a load oh carp

ShadesLongThrow
01-08-2017, 08:55 PM
I bet you findus very annoying.

:top marks
That one deserved top marks!

theonlywayisup
01-08-2017, 09:00 PM
What the eel has harpened to this thread?

beensaidbefore
01-08-2017, 09:03 PM

Its roached new levels of fishiness

macca70
01-08-2017, 09:09 PM
It was announced on 21st July that he'd agreed with Blackburn to be released from his contract.

Maybe something contractual that means we cant announce anything yet eg he's not officially released til end of July.

I am sure when players sign contracts the end date of the contract is end of July to ensure they get paid over the summer at end of a season rather than stopping being paid at end of season in May. I could easily have just made that up but pretty sure that's about right.

Surprised it's taken so long, I thought I had sealed the deal when I pestered him for a selfie at Manchester airport on 6th June then turned out he was on my flight to Cancun. For 9 hours,I should have just played the cup final in front of him on repeat, that would surely have done the trick.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-08-2017, 09:10 PM

Don't tell them Pike.

Baw187
01-08-2017, 09:12 PM
It was announced on 21st July that he'd agreed with Blackburn to be released from his contract.

Maybe something contractual that means we cant announce anything yet eg he's not officially released til end of July.

I am sure when players sign contracts the end date of the contract is end of July to ensure they get paid over the summer at end of a season rather than stopping being paid at end of season in May. I could easily have just made that up but pretty sure that's about right.

Surprised it's taken so long, I thought I had sealed the deal when I pestered him for a selfie at Manchester airport on 6th June then turned out he was on my flight to Cancun. For 9 hours,I should have just played the cup final in front of him on repeat, that would surely have done the trick.

More likely he still hasn't made his mind up.

Joe6-2
01-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Cod almighty, how far is this going to go!

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Cod almighty, how far is this going to go!

Good one

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 09:19 PM
I give up! 🙄

Looper
01-08-2017, 09:23 PM

By funny I mean not funny in the slightest. :wink:

Sorry grandpa. Remember not everyone has the amazing humour as you. Let people have fun

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Sorry grandpa. Remember not everyone has the amazing humour as you. Let people have fun

Indeed wish I had your humour 😂

Looper
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Indeed wish I had your humour 😂

thanks http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 09:26 PM
thanks http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Wasn't a compliment

Callum7
01-08-2017, 09:26 PM
This haddock too stop. We all need to act more sofishticated and stop squidding around.

hibees 7062
01-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Nae need

:greengrin

mcohibs
01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Fish pun

HibbySpurs
01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Wasn't a compliment

You just taking the bait though.... :greengrin

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 09:45 PM

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 09:50 PM

Why don't you create another thread for this crap. Boring as **** and not the slightest bit funny, and take the 5pm ***** along with it too

DavidDavidGray
01-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Might have been mentioned before but isn't there a 14 day thing where we have to wait before we sign them? Happened with Whittaker and somebody mentioned it then, sure there's something about it

Ronniekirk
01-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Hyperfish is a word Nothing to do with Fish Puns or Stokes but just saying like

SRHibs
01-08-2017, 09:51 PM
How do the mods decide when and when not to moderate a thread? Lots of threads go off topic and are closed or railroaded back to the original topic of the thread. Would be good if the same could happen here.

ehf
01-08-2017, 09:57 PM
How do the mods decide when and when not to moderate a thread? Lots of threads go off topic and are closed or railroaded back to the original topic of the thread. Would be good if the same could happen here.

This thread is a solid gold classic; you either get it or you don't.

Michael
01-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Might have been mentioned before but isn't there a 14 day thing where we have to wait before we sign them? Happened with Whittaker and somebody mentioned it then, sure there's something about it

Whittaker's contract expired so that sounds unlikely to me. We also signed Swanson before his contract was up.

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Fish pun

Pish fun.

Captain Trips
01-08-2017, 10:05 PM
This thread is a solid gold classic; you either get it or you don't.

No you can fully get it and think last few 100 posts have been largely pish.

Diclonius
01-08-2017, 10:14 PM
It's now 437 days in a row since Hibs last had Anthony Stokes registered as a player. This transfer jinx is embarrassing. We'll never hear the end of it from Hearts. I wonder if tomorrow will finally be the day that we put an end to the hoodoo and sign him? :wink:

neil7908
01-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm getting frustrated with this transfer as much anyone. However, look around football, long, drawn out transfers are the norm nowadays.

How long did Whittaker take? Or, on another level to us, Neymar to PSG? Unfortunately football has become a very rich and complicated sport. Quality players take time.

As long as the club are looking at other options while this goes on then I don't see any issues waiting.

DavidDavidGray
01-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Whittaker's contract expired so that sounds unlikely to me. We also signed Swanson before his contract was up.

With Whittaker though it expired on the 1st of July and we announced it on the 15th, so 2 weeks later, and somebody had mentioned it on the Whittaker thread. Could just be if it's an English club or something or I could just be talking a load of nonsense. Most likely the 2nd option

SonOfDavidFrancey
01-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I only come on hibs net for the puns.

Eyrie
01-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Why don't you create another thread for this crap. Boring as **** and not the slightest bit funny, and take the 5pm ***** along with it too

You'd prefer another five pointless pages of speculation about whether Stokes will sign?

Firestarter
01-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Done tonight. 100% announced tomorrow. Source, Mark Venus.

Ronniekirk
01-08-2017, 10:39 PM

Your a Fire starter right enough [emoji91]

ehf
01-08-2017, 10:42 PM

Excellent! The piscine/acquatic puns were running a bit thin; planets/outer space is tomorrow's theme.

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 10:43 PM

monktonharp
01-08-2017, 10:44 PM
No you can fully get it and think last few 100 posts have been largely pish.that's what I thunk, but who knows really? it is all in the eye of the beholder, maybe

MyJo
01-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Excellent! The piscine/acquatic puns were running a bit thin; planets/outer space is tomorrow's theme.

personally i think your talking out of Uranus :hide:

andybev1
01-08-2017, 10:46 PM
edit

monktonharp
01-08-2017, 10:47 PM
It's now 437 days in a row since Hibs last had Anthony Stokes registered as a player. This transfer jinx is embarrassing. We'll never hear the end of it from Hearts. I wonder if tomorrow will finally be the day that we put an end to the hoodoo and sign him? :wink:that lot will never hear the end of it, when Cathro is spoken of. I for one wont forget his contribution to our wellbeing. good lad.

GreenLake
01-08-2017, 10:47 PM

It has absolutely breamed the subject to death

Heisenberg
01-08-2017, 10:51 PM

An actual rumour about Stokes and not a fish pun? Fair play. I congratulate you for attempting to get it back on track even if it turns out to be a load of rubbish.

Radium

There was me thinking he'd been poached by someone else

Crazyhorse

Hopefully we'll land him soon.

1van Sprou7e
01-08-2017, 10:52 PM
How does Mark Venus know when Hibs will announce it?

RoxburghHibs
01-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Yip agreed. Showing how many roasters on Hibs.net now.

The Pointer
01-08-2017, 11:04 PM
It's like ordering something on-line (aye fine), waiting days for it to be delivered with great anticipation and then one day postie puts it through your letter box, you open the parcel and think, 'Um nice!'. Then go back to what you were doing.

jacomo
01-08-2017, 11:05 PM

Have we netted Stokes yet?

Hfcwilson3192
01-08-2017, 11:08 PM
It's like ordering something on-line (aye fine), waiting days for it to be delivered with great anticipation and then one day postie puts it through your letter box, you open the parcel and think, 'Um nice!'. Then go back to what you were doing.

Spot on 😂👍

MountcastleHibs
01-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Sky Sports Scotland Twitter:

Sky sources: Anthony Stokes has agreed a deal to return to #Hibs . The former #Celtic striker spent last season at Blackburn Rovers.

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Sky Sports Scotland have just announced stokes has been signed on Twitter!!!!!!!!

jacomo
01-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Sky Sports Scotland Twitter:

Sky sources: Anthony Stokes has agreed a deal to return to #Hibs . The former #Celtic striker spent last season at Blackburn Rovers.

Hyper

Hfcwilson3192
01-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Genuinely buzzing about this like superb news.

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 11:14 PM
:hyper this is it

Hfcwilson3192
01-08-2017, 11:15 PM
:hyper this is it

No before time thank **** haha

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Hyper

The official Hibs announcement can't come soon enough

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 11:16 PM
:hyper :hyper

Hfcwilson3192
01-08-2017, 11:16 PM
The official Hibs announcement can't come soon enough

They'll announce it next week lol

Radium
01-08-2017, 11:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170801/039e7d203970e9e419c4a0d9eefbd38d.png

[emoji15][emoji51][emoji15][emoji51][emoji15][emoji51][emoji15][emoji35][emoji23]🤡[emoji47][emoji50][emoji44]

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 11:20 PM
They'll announce it next week lol

Haha most probably

Ronniekirk
01-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Finally Reeled him in What a Catch

dunedinhibs
01-08-2017, 11:24 PM
SSN reporting stokes agrees to a two year deal. Nothing fishy about this news :wink:.

yonder1875
Make it official Hibs!!!

SRHibs
Even Stokes himself wanted the puns to stop.

dunedinhibs
I thought i was breaking the news there ah well i should read beforehand :rolleyes:

R'Albin
01-08-2017, 11:25 PM

Looking like a great scoop.

Radium
01-08-2017, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3CgoLs2obo&feature=share

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 11:29 PM

SteveHFC
01-08-2017, 11:30 PM

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 11:32 PM

:hyper :hyper :hyper

SteveHFC
01-08-2017, 11:33 PM
:hyper :hyper :hyper

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

CL0762
01-08-2017, 11:33 PM
If Hibs don't post a tweet with 🔥🔥🔥 then I'm handing back my season ticket.

Diclonius
01-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Transfer window done. Excellent business from start to finish.

Squealing pig
01-08-2017, 11:39 PM
See u soon tavnier 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Thecat23

Not yet it's not.

RossScott1991
Never in doubt!

SRHibs

I'd be happy but I think Lennon will want to bring 1 more in.

Captain Trips
01-08-2017, 11:40 PM
There is no way the calibre of players here and signed that getting into top 6 is acceptable. Lennon with the superb backing of the club are absolutely going for it.

Not got Celtics squad but a great battle ahead for 2nd a battle we are more than able to contest.

Wheat Hound
01-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Not yet it's not.

Hendo? 😀😀😀

Diclonius
01-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Not yet it's not.

Who else are we after? A backup striker/winger?

coco22
01-08-2017, 11:48 PM
There's no Stokes without fire 🔥. Welcome home. Here to make more history 💚

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Just as well Lafferty signed for Hearts. He might not have made our bench.

Thecat23
01-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Who else are we after? A backup striker/winger?

I'd imagine any striker who comes in now will be a squad player. I've no idea who we are looking at was just told these two positions were what Lennon wanted filled.

I'd love Hendo but I've heard nothing at all on that front for a long time.

Col2
02-08-2017, 12:01 AM
I agree a squad player striker with possibly Graham moving in.

hfc rd
02-08-2017, 12:03 AM
I'd imagine any striker who comes in now will be a squad player. I've no idea who we are looking at was just told these two positions were what Lennon wanted filled.

I'd say a winger (left side) but trust NL to bring in the correct player

Hibbyradge
02-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Oh ya Bass.

snooky
02-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Even Stokes himself wanted the puns to stop.

Yahoo! It worked. :aok:

snooky
02-08-2017, 12:26 AM

:idea: Maybe Stokes is the squad player and we're signing Sparky :whistle:

:stirrer:

Hibbyradge
02-08-2017, 12:27 AM

:stirrer: :greengrin

Haymaker
02-08-2017, 12:31 AM

:stirrer:

Col2
02-08-2017, 12:34 AM
:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

Brilliant!!

hibees 7062
02-08-2017, 12:34 AM

:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

Firestarter
02-08-2017, 01:42 AM

Do I get itk champ then peeps :) na na na na na na na na na na

Firestarter
02-08-2017, 01:43 AM
How does Mark Venus know when Hibs will announce it?

Considering Stokes left Blackburn he knew.

Firestarter
02-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Your a Fire starter right enough [emoji91]

Twisted one, but right though.

GreenLake
02-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Stokes is definitely worth a punt.

Heisenberg
02-08-2017, 06:33 AM

Well played.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Not yet it's not.

Thanks for all the updates mate...u held firm throughout. Well done

Thecat23
02-08-2017, 06:44 AM
Thanks for all the updates mate...u held firm throughout. Well done

No worries bud, even I was starting to question what was going on this week haha. But as I said before, he had text couple of players saying he'll sign they were confident of it so I believed them. Thankfully seems to have finally got over the line.

Hibs90
02-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Considering Stokes left Blackburn he knew.

Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus, Craig Leveins a ****ing *****.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 06:56 AM
No worries bud, even I was starting to question what was going on this week haha. But as I said before, he had text couple of players saying he'll sign they were confident of it so I believed them. Thankfully seems to have finally got over the line.Cheers again TC [emoji122][emoji122]

Ronniekirk
02-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Twisted one, but right though.

Great song though

Looper
02-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Brilliant news!

Halmyre Hibee
02-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Brilliant news!

Just on Sky sports news. Sky

Sports "understands a deal has been agreed to return to Hibernian"

Craig_in_Prague
02-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Just on Sky sports news. Sky

Sports "understands a deal has been agreed to return to Hibernian"

Yep - this really was what I wanted to see, than some dodgy twitter accounts that seem to post Stokes has signed all the time.

Looking good now !

Callum_62
02-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Whos leaking all our news to Sky?

Brightside
02-08-2017, 07:19 AM
Never ever got those PMs from people calling me a liar. Oh well.

ian cruise
02-08-2017, 07:20 AM

Liar.

You definitely did :wink:

ian cruise
02-08-2017, 07:23 AM
This felt like it went on forever because fans speculated since the start of the window it was going to happen and frustration set in, but in reality this move was completed in a couple of weeks, which is pretty quick considering the landscape changed dramatically.

Well done Hibs and all involved.

scooby
02-08-2017, 07:24 AM

In Underscore we trust - You called it first mate!

Callum_62
02-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Still waiting until Hibs confirm. So many false dawns on this one!

GreenCastle
02-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Who is Stokes ?

Panic buy ?

Anyone got a YouTube video of him in action?

Brightside
02-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Kenny Millar miles behind the news. He needs some better sources now. :-)

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2017, 07:30 AM
At last. At last. What kept you Hibs.

Brightside
02-08-2017, 07:32 AM
I think it should be them pretending to be "in the know" that need to stop it

I'll expect your resignation on my desk in the morning sweetheart. Oh and btw we haven't finished in this transfer window yet. One more out one more in.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Who is Stokes ?

Panic buy ?

Anyone got a YouTube video of him in action?

I think this is the same guy - first 2 goals for the team in green

https://youtu.be/OcLhUiYrZhA

Any excuse to watch this again.... :greengrin

:flag:

LancsHibs
02-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Lennon up next on Talksport

ian cruise
02-08-2017, 07:35 AM

Tease....

BoomtownHibees
02-08-2017, 07:35 AM
I'll expect your resignation on my desk in the morning sweetheart. Oh and btw we haven't finished in this transfer window yet. One more out one more in.

A stopped clock is right twice a day I suppose

SeanWilson
02-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Lennon just confirmed on Alan Brazil show 🔥🔥

Brightside
02-08-2017, 07:40 AM

As if he would know. :greengrin

SeanWilson
02-08-2017, 07:41 AM
As if he would know. :greengrin

🤣

Mikeystewart
02-08-2017, 07:41 AM

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🏆

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Fiery glow coming from the direction of ER. Welcome back Stoksey 💚🇳🇬🔥

jeffers
02-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Fair play to you underscore, you were spot on (and you Freddie.)

Absolutely delighted with this news, can't wait for Saturday. This has been the best transfer window I can remember. What a great time to be a Hibby, we as fans have backed the club and they have rewarded us with high calibre signings :flag:

TheGreenMan
02-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Is he fit for Saturday?

BlackSheep
02-08-2017, 07:47 AM

Crap! Missed this walking from my car into work!!!!

Salt N Sauzee
02-08-2017, 07:48 AM

Did Alan press him for his source?

staunchhibby
Always had faith in tc 😉😉😉😉

One Day Soon

I see my eyes are broken again.

Just noticed that Stokes scored two and won the corner that got us the third. That's into legend territory really.

The noise that erupts from all of us when the third goal goes in is like nothing else I have ever heard at any other game. Recordings can often underplay atmosphere but it really comes through when you watch this. I think that may be the most uncontrollable raw joy I have ever experienced in my entire life.

The best bit is that none of it can ever be taken away or undone. It is there forever.

SeanWilson
02-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Crap! Missed this walking from my car into work!!!!

He wasn't on for long mate, they started with him and hibs and he immediately said I think I've got a really good team and we've just signed Anthony stokes who's a hero around these parts etc...

SeanWilson
02-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Did Alan press him for his source?

Something along the lines of 'Neil, I'm not sure you're ITK, did you hear this from Chris Sutton?'

southsider
02-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Shocking line so they cut interview short. Lenny pleased with his team and looking forward to Ibrox. Brazil " mind use that secret tunnel mate".

SouthMoroccoStu
02-08-2017, 07:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3l7fgvrEKM

Sorry.

It'll be in your head all day now!

hibee_nation
02-08-2017, 08:08 AM
I see my eyes are broken again.

Just noticed that Stokes scored two and won the corner that got us the third. That's into legend territory really.

The noise that erupts from all of us when the third goal goes in is like nothing else I have ever heard at any other game. Recordings can often underplay atmosphere but it really comes through when you watch this. I think that may be the most uncontrollable raw joy I have ever experienced in my entire life.

The best bit is that none of it can ever be taken away or undone. It is there forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ClxHnQoSRo

I like this one best for fan reaction.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Kenny Millar miles behind the news. He needs some better sources now. :-)[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CRAZYHIBBY
02-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Anyone got a link to the interview

One Day Soon
02-08-2017, 08:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ClxHnQoSRo

I like this one best for fan reaction.

This is glorious too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDaGbvHGEw

Right, I really need to stop weeping at my work computer now.

Wilson
02-08-2017, 08:20 AM
There is a cod.

He'll be a brill signing.

Am I too late with the fish puns?

Hibbyradge
02-08-2017, 09:52 AM
A stopped clock is right twice a day I suppose

Poor response. Very poor.

Firestarter
02-08-2017, 10:06 AM
There is a cod.

He'll be a brill signing.

Am I too late with the fish puns?

Gives a tuna.....Stokes is on fire...

Deansy
02-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Just as well Lafferty signed for Hearts. He might not have made our bench.

Ha-ha-ha - Was just thinking that and how times have changed - we've get Stokes and they've got 'Laff-At-Me' !. Translated - We've got steak and they've quite literally got mince !

Lago
02-08-2017, 10:54 AM
But you'll get my promised apology for doubting your information, well done, keep up the good work:aok:

GreenOnions
02-08-2017, 11:05 AM

I'm thinking now that we have another striker in Graham will move to a team with whom he's already agreed terms and we will bring in ................ ?

WhileTheChief..
02-08-2017, 11:16 AM
I never got it from twitter. Wages and deal agreed.

Good enough for me :thumbsup:

Was never in doubt. Welcome home Anthony.

Well, I believed you!

Who's next?! :greengrin

PS Tonight's lottery numbers please? I'll share.

Big L
02-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm thinking now that we have another striker in Graham will move to a team with whom he's already agreed terms and we will bring in ................ ?

2 prem clubs & 3 Championship clubs apparently interested in Graham. Like to get Tony Andreau in to finish the window.

02-08-2017, 11:18 AM
🔥🔥🔥Welcome back Stokesy. 🔥🔥🔥

Hermit Crab
02-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Done deal, source - The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown because he is the god of hell fire and he'll bring you fire!

https://youtu.be/en1uwIzI3SE

green glory
02-08-2017, 11:28 AM

Hibs90
02-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Stokes just arriving at the airport

https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/892704139104448512