PDA

View Full Version : Stokesy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Tinribs
31-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Its a fans football forum.. A lot of people talk crap , some people make things up , some people know things , some people believe anything they read, some people dont..

Anybody who finds any of the above annoying shouldnt bother with these kinds of forums. I like a good rumour as much as anyone but take anything with a pinch of salt

Totally agree with that. I enjoy all the rumours and gossip, it certainly gives us something to keep up the interest at quiet football times.

CapitalGreen
31-07-2017, 09:54 AM
There are a lot of posts on here but I have still found it quite easy to read from the posters I feel have given us info they believe to be accurate.

There is a distinction between info they believe to be accurate and info that is actually accurate.

I have no doubt that said posters believe their info to be accurate, I have doubt that it is actually accurate.

Ronniekirk
31-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Judging by Lennon comments at the weekend i don't expect him to sign today
The Board Meeting today will have this high on the agenda

So be interested to hear what Leanne says tonight at the question and answer session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 12:33 PM
:hyper:hyper:hyper

I agree

Ozyhibby
31-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Judging by Lennon comments at the weekend i don't expect him to sign today
The Board Meeting today will have this high on the agenda

So be interested to hear what Leanne says tonight at the question and answer session

Q&A session?

Jones28
31-07-2017, 12:49 PM
How long before the club turn to him and say it's now or never? If we believe everything that's been said we've been in talks with him for weeks which is surely enough time to make a decision?

Ryan69
31-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Maybe Stokes doesn't fancy pre season so if he signs a few days before 1st game of the season, he's had a nice long summer holiday and not had the torture of pre season training.

I heard from someone that when it comes to severance packages,you dont get full amount if you sign at another club within a month.
Anyone know if that would be true?

Would make sense in the delay right enough.

Callum7
31-07-2017, 12:55 PM
:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

greenlex
31-07-2017, 01:07 PM
How long before the club turn to him and say it's now or never? If we believe everything that's been said we've been in talks with him for weeks which is surely enough time to make a decision?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTZ66l8aRlY

BlackSheep
31-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Hibs have no real rhyme or reason to transfer announcements do we?

I keep hoping at midday and around 5/6pm something will be announced.... everyday.... building it up and then letting myself down lol!!

Hibs90
31-07-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm just bored now.

I just want us to get Cummings replacement in and sorted so we can hit the ground running on Saturday, obviously this won't be happening now. Hopefully Murray can step up against better quality opposition.

snooky
31-07-2017, 01:15 PM
When (& if) the signing news finally breaks, it's going to be like a damp squib after all the baloney.

Pffft!

SRHibs
31-07-2017, 01:22 PM
If he doesn't sign before our first game I think we should retract the offer.

Jim44
31-07-2017, 01:25 PM
When (& if) the signing news finally breaks, it's going to be like a damp squib after all the baloney.

Pffft!

Thereagain a positive announcement today or tomorrow at a time when our rivals are in utter disarray would be a real double whammy. Even a knock back from Stokes would allow us to seriously explore other possibilities (which I'm sure is in the pipeline anyway).

SON OF PADDY
31-07-2017, 01:28 PM
If he doesn't sign before our first game I think we should retract the offer.

Agreed it's getting rather tedious now.

Colr
31-07-2017, 01:33 PM

I assume we're looking at other options.

Keith_M
31-07-2017, 01:34 PM
I would imagine (and certainly hope) that Hibs are examining alternatives to Stokes while waiting on his answer, have made clear to Stokes that we're doing so and told him that the offer will be off the table when we've signed another Striker.

BlackSheep
31-07-2017, 01:39 PM
I think we wil know one way or another by tomorrow as I'm sure at the board meeting later today it will be discussed in length, whether it's to sanction his transfer or talk about the options.

Smartie
31-07-2017, 01:44 PM
The longer he leaves it the longer he leaves the door open for Boyle, Murray and Matelivicius to stake their claim.

Boyle and Murray haven't done a bad job at all of staking their claim so far.

Remember Martin McIntosh, the big signing that couldn't dislodge less prestigious players from the team?

Morten Hyldgaard too.

Stevie Reid
31-07-2017, 02:02 PM
I would love him to come but I think we'll move onto the next target before the end of this week if he doesn't commit.

makaveli1875
31-07-2017, 02:09 PM
people need to chill out . Weve made him an offer , Lennon has said he has other offers to consider worth more finanially than ours .. he hasnt knocked the offer back so he's obviously giving it serious consideration . The transfer window is open for another 4 weeks. Im pretty sure there will be other targets as a back up plan if he doesnt sign

West lower
31-07-2017, 02:14 PM
This reminds me of a guy who goes round all the nightclubs trying to find a really tidy girl to get his nat king cole. When he can't find one, he then goes back to his local, where his girlfriend is waiting for him with open arms.

Ronniekirk
31-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Q&A session?

Not at the Board Meeting but is there not a meeting at the Hibs Club she is attending early this week One of those working groups

SquashedFrogg
31-07-2017, 02:19 PM
This reminds me of a guy who goes round all the nightclubs trying to find a really tidy girl to get his nat king cole. When he can't find one, he then goes back to his local, where his girlfriend is waiting for him with open arms.

Kinda reminds me of a guy having various options for his next place of work, 4 weeks to decide and sensibly not rushing into anything.

Hfcwilson3192
31-07-2017, 02:23 PM
😂😂😂😂😂 spot on mate shame there's a lot of dour faced belters on here who canny laugh.

bill_reed
31-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Lennon has said that Stokes will not be match fit and could take some time till he up to match fitness.... maybe that why there is a delay as he trying to get to a point where he will pass the medical and also show he still has a level of fitness to be able to train.... Lennon did say he had very little game time in the last two years... so maybe it like the Commons situation and having to prove his fitness before there is any move....

yonder1875
31-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Don't get why some are berating Stokes on here and saying we should move on. If he signs for us, it certainly won't be for the money - it'll be the fact he wants to play for this club that he's grown to love and wants to play under Neil Lennon.

Of course he has a difficult decision to make, money elsewhere will have blown us out the water.

Scott Allan Key
31-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Just get a kebab, if all else fails.

West lower
31-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Kinda reminds me of a guy having various options for his next place of work, 4 weeks to decide and sensibly not rushing into anything.

He might have 4 weeks to decide, but Hibs certainly don't have 4 weeks. What if he said no to Hibs on the last day of the transfer window ?

Lago
31-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Got all the makings of a Jan transfer window re- run unfortunately.

West lower
31-07-2017, 02:30 PM
😂😂😂😂😂 spot on mate shame there's a lot of dour faced belters on here who canny laugh.

Cheers. My thoughts too.

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I think we're going to be surprised with a really top notch signing......and Stokes 😉

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 02:41 PM
I think we're going to be surprised with a really top notch signing......and Stokes 😉

:hyper

Ken
31-07-2017, 02:42 PM
I think we're going to be surprised with a really top notch signing......and Stokes [emoji6]

ITK or wishful thinking? [emoji846]

DarlingtonHibee
31-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Tin hat on, but how long is it going to take to get him fit.

Ringothedog
31-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Tin hat on, but how long is it going to take to get him fit.

with the tin hat on I would guess at 3 weeks, without him wearing a tin hast my guess would be 2 weeks

DarlingtonHibee
31-07-2017, 03:00 PM
with the tin hat on I would guess at 3 weeks, without him wearing a tin hast my guess would be 2 weeks

That was better than I expected.

hibee316
31-07-2017, 03:00 PM

:top marks

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 03:05 PM
ITK or wishful thinking? [emoji846]

Wishful thinking to the point I've convinced myself we will 😂

Roxyhibee
31-07-2017, 03:06 PM

Stoater. 😂

eastcoasthibby
31-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Lennon has said that Stokes will not be match fit and could take some time till he up to match fitness.... maybe that why there is a delay as he trying to get to a point where he will pass the medical and also show he still has a level of fitness to be able to train.... Lennon did say he had very little game time in the last two years... so maybe it like the Commons situation and having to prove his fitness before there is any move....

No he won't be match fit given the way he seems to have been jumping about for the past 6 -8 weeks or so at least, much as I rate Stokes and think he could do a real job for us, but I think its gone on too long now and if he actually was so bothered about his profession and about playing, he should be out keeping himself in decent shape, but although no evidence to the contrary, I just can't see it with him.
It actually feels like he is taking the proverbial now, sitting waiting as long as he can for the best offer, yes its his entitlement, but we need an answer to let us move on into our real season.
For what its worth, if he has offers from abroad, I don't think he with last long there, he always seems to have too much going on with him and can't hold it together, I think he is definitely a risk .. Whatever way it goes I hope we put a deadline up and stick with it, Thursday this week at the latest for me ...he knows he's wanted here, so a bit of respect ....from him "thanks but no thanks or delighted to committ to us ".

Borderhibbie76
31-07-2017, 03:18 PM
No he won't be match fit given the way he seems to have been jumping about for the past 6 -8 weeks or so at least, much as I rate Stokes and think he could do a real job for us, but I think its gone on too long now and if he actually was so bothered about his profession and about playing, he should be out keeping himself in decent shape, but although no evidence to the contrary, I just can't see it with him.
It actually feels like he is taking the proverbial now, sitting waiting as long as he can for the best offer, yes its his entitlement, but we need an answer to let us move on into our real season.
For what its worth, if he has offers from abroad, I don't think he with last long there, he always seems to have too much going on with him and can't hold it together, I think he is definitely a risk .. Whatever way it goes I hope we put a deadline up and stick with it, Thursday this week at the latest for me ...he knows he's wanted here, so a bit of respect ....from him "thanks but no thanks or delighted to committ to us ".Pretty much how I'm feeling about this now...if he doesnt sign this week we simply have to move on to other targets....its a month today till the window closes and we need to use that time wisely to get at least 1 if not 2 further strikers signed...not wait till 31 August on Stokesy deciding if he wants to play for us or not. Ps I desperately want him here btw...but he has our offer and 2 weeks or so is long enough to make a decision imo. This week or we move on...im sure lennon will be thinking along these lines also judging by his comments at end of last week

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
31-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Players don't have to pass medicals to sign, it wouldn't hold up the transfer unless Hibs wanted it to. Match fitness will be lacking, physically he is fine.

BegbieHSC
31-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Was it not mooted that if you're without a club under certain conditions for 14 days following on from the termination/expiring of your contract, you get further compensation?

Whitty signed on the 15th of July, and his contract with Norwich formally expired on the 30th June??

Stokesy left Blackburn on the 21st July, so could we expect him to be unveiled on Friday/Saturday? It would certainly add credence to that theory.

SquashedFrogg
31-07-2017, 03:26 PM
He might have 4 weeks to decide, but Hibs certainly don't have 4 weeks. What if he said no to Hibs on the last day of the transfer window ?

Then we will throw a massive tantrum and never speak to naughty people ever again :greengrin

Seriously, it won't get to that point. There will be a cut-off point.

The way I look at it, is that the season is over 10 months, so it's important to get the right players in - even if it means people wetting the bed in the meantime.

I'm willing bet we won't be the only club starting the season without having completed their transfer activity. What amazes me is that this scenario happens (not only to us - clubs all across Europe) every season and people still go into a blind panic when it does happen.

It's the same when a player leaves - people still actually go into shock when a good player leaves us.

Relax my friend. Anyway, it'll all be fine. Anyway, I thought you lot were all chilled-out over in the West lower? :na na:

SteveHFC
31-07-2017, 03:52 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-will-wait-for-stokes-but-step-up-efforts-to-sign-other-strikers-1-4518600

Update :hyper

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 03:54 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-will-wait-for-stokes-but-step-up-efforts-to-sign-other-strikers-1-4518600

Hope the gifs are ready Steve!

ancient hibee

Is there anyone on here who could not have written that article?

snooky

... only to find all the posts have been filled by other jobseekers. :whistle:

bill_reed
31-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Players don't have to pass medicals to sign, it wouldn't hold up the transfer unless Hibs wanted it to. Match fitness will be lacking, physically he is fine.

think Lennon did say in one of the Hibs TV interviews... that if we got Stokes in then it would depend on a medical and his level of fitness... and that how it should be..... think it looks more hopeful with Commons as he said he wanted to be here and was willing to work to get his fitness back up... doing light training....

SteveHFC
31-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Hope the gifs are ready Steve!

Oh they are mate. If he doesn't join they'll be saved for when Leigh returns :hyper

AgentDaleCooper
31-07-2017, 03:58 PM
IMO once we have a satisfactory plan B lined up, stokes will be given a final take it or leave it by hibs.

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Oh they are mate. If he doesn't join they'll be saved for when Leigh returns :hyper

You're saying Leigh is returning too?!?! :hyper

snooky
31-07-2017, 04:06 PM
think Lennon did say in one of the Hibs TV interviews... that if we got Stokes in then it would depend on a medical and his level of fitness... and that how it should be..... think it looks more hopeful with Commons as he said he wanted to be here and was willing to work to get his fitness back up... doing light training....

I would rather write Commons off as too much of a risk (fitness-wise).
Kinda like pumping money into an old car.

Heisenberg
31-07-2017, 04:09 PM

It's a horrendous article. Hibs want Stokes and are waiting on an answer but also have other options if he says no. Well that news has ****ing shocked me.

Joe6-2
31-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Am I the only one getting pig sick of this? What's the bloody problem, come back to Hibs? Yes or no?

Wilson
31-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Am I the only one getting pig sick of this? What's the bloody problem, come back to Hibs? Yes or no?

Maybe?

NOLA
31-07-2017, 04:30 PM
I realise the transfer window doesn't close for weeks and Stokes is well within his rights to wait see if a more lucrative contract is offered elsewhere but I think we should set a deadline before our "other options" are no longer available cos we were waiting on Stokes 🤞

Joe6-2
31-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Maybe?

Doubt it!

SquashedFrogg
31-07-2017, 04:43 PM
I realise the transfer window doesn't close for weeks and Stokes is well within his rights to wait see if a more lucrative contract is offered elsewhere but I think we should set a deadline before our "other options" are no longer available cos we were waiting on Stokes 🤞

I'd honestly be astounded if there wasn't a deadline in place. I'll trust the manager/club on this. FWIW there's very few players who I'm happy to let take their time like this - the guy who scored 2 in the greatest game of my life is one of them.

It'll all be fine. Whatever happens.

erin go bragh
31-07-2017, 04:50 PM
For what its worth, if he has offers from abroad, I don't think he with last long there, he always seems to have too much going on with him and can't hold it together, I think he is definitely a risk .. Whatever way it goes I hope we put a deadline up and stick with it, Thursday this week at the latest for me ...he knows he's wanted here, so a bit of respect ....from him "thanks but no thanks or delighted to committ to us ".
Stokes has been spotted doing double sessions in an Edinburgh gym .
So I can't see his fitness being a problem.

Ken
31-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Fyvie must be livid

[emoji6]

SquashedFrogg
31-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Is that how football transfers work? No negotiations? Just yes or no? What if he said yes - but with certain conditions? Would you end the discussion? Not just with Stokes, but with any player?

I feel your frustration but that's not how things work. I'd guess being a free agent further complicates the process. i.e. Strengthens players hand in negotiations.

No doubt Petrie will sort him out though :)

Ken
31-07-2017, 04:58 PM
In all seriousness, I think people are forgetting that Stokes was only released from Blackburn about 10 days ago. We may have been in contact with Blackburn prior to that about a loan deal but we wouldn't have spoken to Stokes about terms of a permanent contract.

The fact he's not rejected it makes me delighted that we could potentially sign a player well out of our price range

Colr
31-07-2017, 05:31 PM
I would love him to come but I think we'll move onto the next target before the end of this week if he doesn't commit.

It's taken so long, I'm no longer bothered about him.

ChicagoHibee
31-07-2017, 05:36 PM

HA! They could have just tweeted their article in a 140 characters.

ancient hibee
31-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Fyvie must be livid

[emoji6]

Fyvie shouldn't have turned down the deal then.

Joe6-2
31-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Is that how football transfers work? No negotiations? Just yes or no? What if he said yes - but with certain conditions? Would you end the discussion? Not just with Stokes, but with any player?

I feel your frustration but that's not how things work. I'd guess being a free agent further complicates the process. i.e. Strengthens players hand in negotiations.

No doubt Petrie will sort him out though :)

I hardly meant that! Just how long do we allow this to drag on?
I for one would be delighted to have him back, but there should be some sort of deadline

JJP
31-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Why would we set a deadline? Why not just leave the offer on the table whilst pursuing other targets? He could decide to take up our offer before we have actually signed anyone but it doesn't have to stop us looking for other targets in the meantime.

BoomtownHibees
31-07-2017, 05:53 PM
But I was informed on this very thread that it was done and dusted

mjhibby
31-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Either he signs or he doesn't and we are in a decent position squad wise and Lennon could well have an eye on someone like Rooney but can't get him unless the dons get a replacement. If we were to get Rooney with a week of the window to go I'm sure we'd all be delighted.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-07-2017, 05:56 PM

You were lied to by people desperate to be in the know.

BoomtownHibees
31-07-2017, 05:57 PM
You were lied to by people desperate to be in the know.

And it must have just been coincidence that it was posted right after the fake Sky Sports twitter post eh?

ian cruise
31-07-2017, 06:02 PM
And it must have just been coincidence that it was posted right after the fake Sky Sports twitter post eh?

I think it was posted right before, so a few options.

1) Both the fake twitter account and the posters on here were fed same info, which was not accurate.
2) Posters on here fed fake info themselves to wind up fans and/or catch out someone passing off their info as fact
3) Person with account on here took info as fact and posted it hoping it'd make their account look good.

Personally as much as I like a, bit of in the know gossip I only really believe stuff when the club confirm it. That's no slight on those passing on info, it's just they get there info second hand and a lot can happen before deals are officially done and dusted.

Stokesy's on fire
31-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Stokesys on fire Ian Cathros terrified!!

nonshinyfinish
31-07-2017, 06:07 PM
I think it was posted right before, so a few options.

1) Both the fake twitter account and the posters on here were fed same info, which was not accurate.
2) Posters on here fed fake info themselves to wind up fans and/or catch out someone passing off their info as fact
3) Person with account on here took info as fact and posted it hoping it'd make their account look good.

Personally as much as I like a, bit of in the know gossip I only really believe stuff when the club confirm it. That's no slight on those passing on info, it's just they get there info second hand and a lot can happen before deals are officially done and dusted.

Or

4) Information was correct, deal has been agreed but can't be officially signed until a certain time after the Blackburn contract was cancelled, which seems to be roughly what happened with Whitty?

No idea how plausible that is, but it is a possibility.

31-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Was it not mooted that if you're without a club under certain conditions for 14 days following on from the termination/expiring of your contract, you get further compensation?

Whitty signed on the 15th of July, and his contract with Norwich formally expired on the 30th June??

Stokesy left Blackburn on the 21st July, so could we expect him to be unveiled on Friday/Saturday? It would certainly add credence to that theory.

Or

4) Information was correct, deal has been agreed but can't be officially signed until a certain time after the Blackburn contract was cancelled, which seems to be roughly what happened with Whitty?

No idea how plausible that is, but it is a possibility.

If anyone can confirm this is correct then it sounds to me like a valid reason for the apparent delay. IIRC I read on here about us not being able to announce Whittaker until a certain date but I don't remember reading the reason for it.

I appreciate their situations are different but if what you say is correct and this aspect is the same as for Whittaker then it would be around 5th Aug at the earliest (Saturday as you say) before we'd get the announcement we are hoping for. That said, Kenny Millar said in the Sun a few days before Blackburn's official announcement that the agreement for Stokes' release had been reached so I guess it could have been signed a day or two before Blackburn officially confirmed it.

I guess more patience required (which will be difficult) and fingers kept crossed.

scooby
31-07-2017, 07:07 PM
I still think that Underscore has called this correctly, I wonder if he can shed any light on the plausibility of this latest theory for the delay?

Hermit Crab
31-07-2017, 07:11 PM
This is even worse than the Leigh Griffiths for 150k (fact) thread.

West lower
31-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Then we will throw a massive tantrum and never speak to naughty people ever again :greengrin

Seriously, it won't get to that point. There will be a cut-off point.

The way I look at it, is that the season is over 10 months, so it's important to get the right players in - even if it means people wetting the bed in the meantime.

I'm willing bet we won't be the only club starting the season without having completed their transfer activity. What amazes me is that this scenario happens (not only to us - clubs all across Europe) every season and people still go into a blind panic when it does happen.

It's the same when a player leaves - people still actually go into shock when a good player leaves us.

Relax my friend. Anyway, it'll all be fine. Anyway, I thought you lot were all chilled-out over in the West lower? :na na:

To be fair, I was really just trying to make light of the whole will he won't he thing. I really hope he signs, as I think most on here do. I am totally chilled and relaxed about it, probably more so than most, hence the light hearted previous post. It would just be nice if I could stroll along with my tartan blanket and prawn sandwich knowing we have a bit more firepower in place.

Beefster
31-07-2017, 07:19 PM
I think it was posted right before

AFAIK any posts on here claiming a two year deal had been signed were shortly after the fake Sky twitter account had claimed it.

jacomo
31-07-2017, 07:20 PM

Oh stop it.

BoomtownHibees
31-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Oh stop it.

I think it should be them pretending to be "in the know" that need to stop it

Firestarter
31-07-2017, 07:26 PM

People are told stuff and shouldn't post on an internet message board aye? Maybe you should stop taking the internet so seriously and see it for what it is, a platform for supporters to pass on info that they may know or hear. There's no bad guys or wrong.

Hermit Crab
31-07-2017, 07:28 PM
People are told stuff and shouldn't post on an internet message board aye? Maybe you should stop taking the internet so seriously and see it for what it is, a platform for supporters to pass on info that they may know or hear. There's no bad guys or wrong.

Stoke is if he doesn't sign. :stirrer:

BoomtownHibees
31-07-2017, 07:28 PM

Na its the ones that pretend to know some inside info that they clearly don't. Or copy it from a source but deny it was taken from there when it is proved to be wrong.

supermcginn
31-07-2017, 07:42 PM

Correct,it's so tiresome

Eyrie
31-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Correct,it's so tiresome

Then don't read their posts.

The genuinely ITKs (as opposed to the WUMs) are simply passing on what they've heard in good faith. It's exactly the same as overhearing something in the pub - it's up to you how excited you want to get and how devastated you'll be if it doesn't work out exactly like you want it to.

I appreciate the info that the ITKs share but don't get too worked up about how likely it is to happen. Can't get my head round why people want to whine about them.

Col2
31-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Underscore and The Cat in hiding 😉🙄🙃

Firestarter
31-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Stoke is if he doesn't sign. :stirrer:

Fair call, your only stoking the flames mind :

He will tho. I'm basing it on after the cup final I asked him if he was staying he said no chance he's away to make money, this time it was a wait and see and that was last Thursday. That's not I'm the know or anything to be shot down by mind.

supermcginn
31-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Then don't read their posts.

The genuinely ITKs (as opposed to the WUMs) are simply passing on what they've heard in good faith. It's exactly the same as overhearing something in the pub - it's up to you how excited you want to get and how devastated you'll be if it doesn't work out exactly like you want it to.

I appreciate the info that the ITKs share but don't get too worked up about how likely it is to happen. Can't get my head round why people want to whine about them.
Genuinely ITK !! haha I stopped reading there!

Just Alf
31-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Probably for the best, feels like the guys are in a no win situation just now... For what it's worth I really enjoy all the wee snippets that them (+ others) post.. BUT I do treat it all as rumours all be it with a bit more meat in the bones more often than not... If something doesn't happen afterwards I fully realise that loads of stuff can get in the way and cause a change in circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
31-07-2017, 08:02 PM

I'm here 😁 Not heard a peep at all. Nothing saying it's not happening clearly asking for more as I thought after what he text other players he'd be here by now.

BSEJVT
31-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Anyone who doesn't understand that things happen and circumstances can change in the blink of an eye probably needs to get out more.

There are some folk on here whose information I read and think yeah that could happen, but until the contact is signed so could anything else.

Those folk are far less annoying to me when things don't pan out than the hundreds of posts bleating about the deal not happening and miss-calling those that posted what they heard in good faith.

I honestly don't know why those folk that are genuinely ITK to some extent or another keep posting, the grief they get for doing so is pathetic.

Having said that I am grateful that they do.

I used to love the close season rumour mongering about who may or may not be coming, but there are so many folk getting all precious about it and Hibs signing policy that its now an absolute torture of a read.

jacomo
31-07-2017, 08:03 PM

Challenge it at the time then.

These 'some people said' sarcastic posts are getting tiresome imo.

Thecat23
31-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Na its the ones that pretend to know some inside info that they clearly don't. Or copy it from a source but deny it was taken from there when it is proved to be wrong.

There is actually many on here who either know players, staff or agents. We pass on what we get told nothing more and deals come off others don't. Until I'm told Stokes isn't coming then I'm happy to wait and I still think he'll sign.

I don't mind taking any stick though, if I post but then it doesn't happen folk will have a pop. If it does no doubt we'll be called lucky or we guessed it 😂 Either way if folk are getting that worked up about folk posting snippets I suggest they ignore this and other transfer threads.

hibsboy69
31-07-2017, 08:20 PM
There is actually many on here who either know players, staff or agents. We pass on what we get told nothing more and deals come off others don't. Until I'm told Stokes isn't coming then I'm happy to wait and I still think he'll sign.

I don't mind taking any stick though, if I post but then it doesn't happen folk will have a pop. If it does no doubt we'll be called lucky or we guessed it 😂 Either way if folk are getting that worked up about folk posting snippets I suggest they ignore this and other transfer threads.

Good post :agree:

BoomtownHibees
31-07-2017, 08:21 PM

Listen mate, if folk hear snippets from agents, players, whoever, and decide to post it on here that's all fair and well and great that they choose to do that. But when an "ITK" poster posts that it's a "done deal" and a "2 year contract" 5 minutes after a fake tweet appears, to then deny that's where they got their info from, that's bollocks.

If anybody is ITK then fair play, but don't pretend to be something you're not (not aimed at you btw)

Diclonius
31-07-2017, 08:22 PM
This meta-transfer chat about who's ITK/who's not ITK is utterly tiresome, and has been since the whole sorry charade happened circa-2014. Is your life that worse if a transfer rumour turns out to be wrong, or god forbid, the parties involved change their mind?

People can choose not to share ANY of the information they receive - no one is entitled to it. He'll sign if and when he signs. Get over it.

SanFranHibs
31-07-2017, 08:24 PM

I think we all know and appreciate who gives us information in good faith.

I take it as such and am certainly not going to get angry if something does not materialise.

Just keep it coming ITK'ers if you get any good stuff.

E10 Rifle
31-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Listen mate, if folk hear snippets from agents, players, whoever, and decide to post it on here that's all fair and well and great that they choose to do that. But when an "ITK" poster posts that it's a "done deal" and a "2 year contract" 5 minutes after a fake tweet appears, to then deny that's where they got their info from, that's bollocks.

If anybody is ITK then fair play, but don't pretend to be something you're not (not aimed at you btw)

Crikey - that's a bit harsh.

Heisenberg
31-07-2017, 08:28 PM
It appears that the internet is very serious business.

Ken
31-07-2017, 08:29 PM
TC23, keep the info coming if you have any that you want to share. I know you're being genuine and only passing on what you're told. As you say players can change their minds and deals fall through.

Not Stokes related but I heard 2nd hand from a current Hibs player that Luke Berry was as good as a done deal before it fell through, so these things happen

Brightside
31-07-2017, 08:31 PM

I've been away on football business. Nothing has changed. :na na:

matty_f
31-07-2017, 08:32 PM
It appears that the internet is very serious business.

Yes, and you better not get anything wrong on the internet!

Maybe folk just need to put a little less weight on certain posts, or take them with a pinch of salt. There is nobody here in a position to guarantee a signing will happen or not, in sure loads of folk here we bits here and there, they post then in good faith.

There's an awful lot of people take this internet business way too seriously.

Callum_62
31-07-2017, 08:34 PM
If Stokes doesnt sign MY LIFE IS RUINED

I will personally blame the so called ITKers.

Thecat23
31-07-2017, 08:34 PM
TC23, keep the info coming if you have any that you want to share. I know you're being genuine and only passing on what you're told. As you say players can change their minds and deals fall through.

Not Stokes related but I heard 2nd hand from a current Hibs player that Luke Berry was as good as a done deal before it fell through, so these things happen

I've heard a few folk say the same bud, I myself knew nothing of the deal or that we were even interested. Although I've heard 3 different stories why he didn't sign so I've no idea what one was true or if any are. Sounds like we have a few targets still in mind regarding our forward line. I still think we'll sign Stokes and one more striker. Maybe a backup striker in case we get hit with Injuries.

Thecat23
31-07-2017, 08:39 PM

I honestly doubt the poster you are talking about would lift it from any of those sites. Far as I'm aware he has good contacts at Hibs. I understand everyone just wants it done me included but I'm sure Stokes is going to take the deal... Eventually!!

Viva_Palmeiras
Yes, and you better not get anything wrong on the internet!

Maybe folk just need to put a little less weight on certain posts, or take them with a pinch of salt. There is nobody here in a position to guarantee a signing will happen or not, in sure loads of folk here we bits here and there, they post then in good faith.

There's an awful lot of people take this internet business way too seriously.

Like Google - no future in it ;)

BoomtownHibees
I honestly doubt the poster you are talking about would lift it from any of those sites. Far as I'm aware he has good contacts at Hibs. I understand everyone just wants it done me included but I'm sure Stokes is going to take the deal... Eventually!!

Fingers crossed

Pedantic_Hibee
31-07-2017, 08:53 PM
I appreciate the posts from those that get snippets. If it doesn't come off then I blame myself for getting ahead of myself in thinking it's a done deal; pretty sure TC, underscore and Scoopyboy etc post in good faith based on what they are told.

As mentioned above, avoid these threads if you're easily annoyed.

matty_f
31-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Can we try and keep it civil please folks?

Brightside
31-07-2017, 08:55 PM

No probs. If anyone thinks I'm making things up or copying from twitter please feel free to PM me.

yonder1875
31-07-2017, 08:57 PM
I've been away on football business. Nothing has changed. :na na:

Any idea at all when it could be official?

Sergey
31-07-2017, 09:00 PM

FLICK right off.

Waxy
31-07-2017, 09:02 PM
They'll just be sorting out the little clauses now.

Lago
31-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Your track record is pretty good in my opinion. Keep it up.:wink:

FitbaFolkKen
31-07-2017, 09:12 PM
These transfer threads are a nightmare, if Hibs could either sign folk up swiftly or drop their interest even more quickly then that would save us a lot of pain and misery on here.

I can see our deadline day highlights reel now - Swanson "I just pretended to be a Jambo" in, Cummings gone, Marciano in, Berry's Signed, Whittakers signed, Info Leaked scuppers Berry, Cummings only went for a fiver, Stokes signed, Efe Awol, Whittakers no signed, Wheres Hendo?, Stokes no signed, 5pm tomorrow, Lennons off to Preston, Davey is huge!, Whittaker has signed, Stokes signed, Bob from Juve, Maybe Stokes isnae signing.... I'm sure I've forgotten some drama and the chronology may be off.

Been a pretty busy summer but I reckon it'll be alright whether we get Stokes or not, let's just settle down and smash Partick at the weekend!

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm getting pretty sick of this whole story as well. I want him to sign, but I want him to get on with it and show us some respect.

staunchhibby
31-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Good reply cat.

ancient hibee
31-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Footballers gossiping seem as reliable as jockeys tipping horses.

SanFranHibs
31-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Footballers gossiping seem as reliable as jockeys tipping horses.

I have had a few jockeys tip my horse....alas during the race.

ancient hibee
31-07-2017, 09:29 PM
It all started with Devon Loch.

scooby
31-07-2017, 09:34 PM
No probs. If anyone thinks I'm making things up or copying from twitter please feel free to PM me.

The downside to this information overloaded life we all lead is that we all know too much! I'm starting to think that ignorance is bliss.

silverhibee
31-07-2017, 09:36 PM

You tell them Shirley :cb

Thecat23
31-07-2017, 09:42 PM
You tell them Shirley :cb

😂 😂

No idea why this still makes me laugh!!

RossScott1991
31-07-2017, 10:04 PM
One of my best mates Keith (hibs season ticket holder) was with his cousin watching the UFC according to my mate his cousin is friend with folk that personally know stokes. and his cousin showed my mate screenshots of a chat with stokes saying "Hibs have met demands and deal is close" all very confusing I know! This is why I said other day I was really confident of this happening.

Happy to pm or send screenshots to anyone of my chat with my mate. For what it's worth my mate sits beside me and is a big hibs fan.

I will no doubt get stick for posting this on here just sharing what one of my good hibby mates told me.

I do believe Stokes will sign

Thecat23
31-07-2017, 10:07 PM
One of my best mates Keith (hibs season ticket holder) was with his cousin watching the UFC according to my mate his cousin is friend with folk that personally know stokes. and his cousin showed my mate screenshots of a chat with stokes saying "Hibs have met demands and deal is close" all very confusing I know! This is why I said other day I was really confident of this happening.

Happy to pm or send screenshots to anyone of my chat. For what it's worth my mate sits beside me and is a big hibs fan.

I will no doubt get stick for posting this on here just sharing what one of my good hibby mates told me.

I do believe Stokes will sign

Exactly what he sent to players mate and what I posted as well so he's clearly telling people he's coming but seems he's maybe hoping for more cash as I thought it would be done by now.

ehf
31-07-2017, 10:13 PM
They'll just be sorting out the little clauses now.

:agree: Petrie wants to exclude conflagrations from the "Force Majeure" clause but Stokesy is insisting it stays.

IncredibleHibee
31-07-2017, 10:16 PM
I don't understand why people get so upset about discussions on transfers etc. This is a chat forum after all. We all just need to take a deep breath, calm down, and remember that Stokes is on fire 🔥

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 11:49 PM

dunedinhibs
31-07-2017, 11:53 PM

This

Hibbyradge
01-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Not according to what I heard just now 😥

Billychaotic182
01-08-2017, 12:05 AM

Spill lol

jae
01-08-2017, 01:52 AM
Just finished my shift in the taxi. Earlier on I picked a guy up at the meadows going to Albion Road. I mentioned I was a Hibbie and was hoping Anthony Stokes was going to sign for Hibs.
Turns out the guy is not really into football so I'm still none the wiser.

dunedinhibs
01-08-2017, 01:55 AM

Go on 🤔

Colr
01-08-2017, 05:20 AM
Rumours that Stokes had TWO Shredded Wheat for breakfast this morning.

Coincidence? I don't think so!!

Watch this space!

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Just finished my shift in the taxi. Earlier on I picked a guy up at the meadows going to Albion Road. I mentioned I was a Hibbie and was hoping Anthony Stokes was going to sign for Hibs.

lol brilliant

BoltonHibee
01-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Exactly what he sent to players mate and what I posted as well so he's clearly telling people he's coming but seems he's maybe hoping for more cash as I thought it would be done by now.

Or maybe a longer deal..

Sioux
01-08-2017, 06:59 AM

Isn't this a an inappropriate speculative remark? Cue a red top, or any internet bampot :greengrin coming out with "Stokes holds Hibs to Ransom". He may well be, and probably is, capable of getting more money. But the reality is perhaps that Hibs have made an offer that is the best we can do, and that Stokes is well aware that it won't be increased.

Not criticism of you, just an example of where a throw-away line in a conversation can lead to an unintended consequence.

Greenworld
01-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Yup I agree best offer has been made decision can't be that difficult. Let's remember he has hardly played lately so will take a while to get up to speed also.much as I like him I'm wondering if we should move for our next option.
Liking the way the squad is building though.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Niffy
01-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Imagine if Stokes has us waiting until the last minute, signs a very lucrative contract and scores once every 6 or 7 games....

hibbydog
01-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Brilliant

Bostonhibby
01-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Turns out the guy is not really into football so I'm still none the wiser.👍😂

I reckon this guy's actually known what's happening all along and you've let him go to easily.

You could have diverted down to Lochend park and beaten the full story out of him. Missed opportunity to become ITK.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
01-08-2017, 08:14 AM
👍😂

I reckon this guy's actually known what's happening all along and you've let him go to easily.

You could have diverted down to Lochend park and beaten the full story out of him. Missed opportunity to become ITK.

:faf: He's a taxi driver, how could he have missed the opportunity to divert down to Lochend Park?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Time to move on.

Hibbyradge
01-08-2017, 10:13 AM
:faf: He's a taxi driver, how could he have missed the opportunity to divert down to Lochend Park?

:thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
01-08-2017, 10:22 AM
I have a feeling he might sign this week....or he might not

The_Todd
01-08-2017, 10:24 AM

:thumbsup:

I can't help but feeling a WHOOSH moment as something flies over my head entirely.

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 10:30 AM
On the back of Cathro's departure, I wonder if Hibs marketing would want the limelight to ourselves so no announcement today either......

SeanWilson
01-08-2017, 10:32 AM
On the back of Cathro's departure, I wonder if Hibs marketing would want the limelight to ourselves so no announcement today either......

On the contrary... announce it... couldn't give a **** what's going on over the road and shows we are on the up and up, while they're struggling.

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2017, 10:52 AM

If it happens we should be announcing it today. The seethe it would cause over there would be tremendous.

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 11:10 AM
I can see your points but for marketing its all about exposure and column inches... Do you feel that signing Stokes would overshadow Cathro's departure?

silverhibee
01-08-2017, 11:30 AM
👍😂

:tee hee:

Col2
01-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Heard we are looking to announce him today but Cathro departure and Rod away fishing later this week will mean his announcement held back until early next week. Will also save on a weeks wages.

Good source but I can't reveal as it's not my plaice.

HibsNutter
01-08-2017, 12:08 PM
I can see your points but for marketing its all about exposure and column inches... Do you feel that signing Stokes would overshadow Cathro's departure?

Having him in ASAP is so much more important

h185forever
01-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Heard we are looking to announce him today but Cathro departure and Rod away fishing later this week will mean his announcement held back until early next week. Will also save on a weeks wages.

Good source but I can't reveal as it's not my plaice.

awwwww go on ...you know you COD

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Stop it's gettig trout of order

SRHibs
01-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Let's move on and sign a striker who wants to be here.

BegbieHSC
01-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Just announce him, Hibs. FFS getting boring now. I know you're just keeping us in suspense...

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Without any knowledge of the negotiations, this comment is baseless. Did Steven Whittaker not want to be here either?

Jim44
01-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Maybe we should scale down our pursuit of Stokes and look for salmon who wants to be with us.

BH Hibs
01-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Excellent another five pages of *****y fish puns coming up. Can't wait.

h185forever
01-08-2017, 12:33 PM

smile ....don't just carp

snooky
01-08-2017, 12:34 PM
smile ....don't just carp

Punsters, ya bass

RamblingJack
01-08-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm sure Stokesy will be in Plaice soon.

AgentDaleCooper
01-08-2017, 12:40 PM

for ****s hake.

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Ave haddock enough of this

Hibbyradge
01-08-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm herring Lennon is quietly confident of Stokes signing.

southsider
01-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Ave haddock enough of this
Your perching to the converted.

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Confident? Scale from 1-10

matty_f
01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Can we ditch the puns please?

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 12:47 PM

:top marks

Seconded!!

superbam
01-08-2017, 12:50 PM
hopefully in the bag, bar a coup d'etat from overseas

:hmmm:

RoxburghHibs

Totally agree!

That anyone finds this humorous is beyond me!

Looper
Carp diem hibs

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Ok sorry sitting a bozzer in Spain half fished waiting on the AS news

Disc O'Dave
01-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Totally agree!

I'm sure they will start to flounder soon enough.

The Pointer
01-08-2017, 12:53 PM
I really don't want to sign a player who can't be *rsed making his mind up and has missed pre-season plus a few other games.

Firestarter
01-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Comedy gold this.

alihibs1
I'm done with this thread

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

snooky
My feeling is that is gone past the playing-silly-bu88ars stage.
Time to keech or get off the pot.

Haymaker

yonder1875
01-08-2017, 01:02 PM

I think he does want to be here mate, when it's looking likely that he'll sign for us for under half the wage that he could get elsewhere.

Ken
01-08-2017, 01:02 PM
You all carry on and have a whale of a time, but this pun chat it's definitely not for me

Waxy
01-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Cods sake

xyz23jc
01-08-2017, 01:06 PM
All this carp is beginning to stickleback in my throat! :greengrin:duck:

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Stop being so crabbit

Deek01
01-08-2017, 01:09 PM
This thread is poisson me off

Smartie
01-08-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's a bit green about the gills with all this fish chat.

Firestarter
01-08-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's a bit green about the gills with all this fish chat.

I blame Rod.

WoreTheGreen
01-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Does the Hibs shop still sell tartare scarfs

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 01:21 PM
I really don't want to sign a player who can't be *rsed making his mind up and has missed pre-season plus a few other games.

At this point anyone who signs for us has missed these games....

BegbieHSC
01-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Absolute roasters, man!

The_Todd
01-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Nothing but a bunch of old fishwives on this thread.

SquashedFrogg
01-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Absolute roasters, man!

Keep your potato puns for another thread! :cb

Since90+2
01-08-2017, 01:35 PM
These pun threads are ****ing brutal. Does anyone actually find them funny?

BroxburnHibee
01-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Its usually a sign that boredom with a subject is kicking in.

Dinkydoo
01-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Absolute roasters, man!It's all gravy, man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
01-08-2017, 01:37 PM

Check you just muscling in :(

SaulGoodman
01-08-2017, 01:38 PM
😴😴😴

Firestarter
01-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Keep your potato puns for another thread! :cb

He's half baked, ignore him.

Looper
01-08-2017, 01:40 PM
My head is all mashed today

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Thread is honking, just close it now!

matty_f
01-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Looks like it's going that way.

SaulGoodman
01-08-2017, 01:45 PM

:agree:

BroxburnHibee
01-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Looks like it's going that way.

Someone will just start another.

Perhaps these pun lovers will take it to another thread instead. Its a pain to have to delete posts on a thread which descends into that nonsense.

Carheenlea
01-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Primary school playground.

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 01:47 PM

GreenLake
01-08-2017, 01:49 PM

I feel slightly ashamed but yes, I have laughed at a few this morning.

I should've got up and smelt the coffee.

147lothian
01-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Has Rod no reeled Stokes in yet?

Lago
01-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Totally agree!

Puns are the best part of the thread now:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-08-2017, 01:56 PM
The league kicks off this Saturday and its time to get serious about getting players in. Surely Hibs cant continue to wait and wait for Stokes to make his mind up ... while we do we cant spend the money we have to set aside to pay what will be one of our biggest, if not the biggest, wage.

If we wait until too near the end of the window we could end up with a wage pot of three grand a week that might have attracted a more than decent striker we cant spend because all the decent guys we might have had a chance of getting have already found clubs .... in view of that if AS hasn't given his answer by the end of this week in my opinion we should move on.

Lago
01-08-2017, 01:59 PM
The league kicks off this Saturday and its time to get serious about getting players in. Surely Hibs cant continue to wait and wait for Stokes to make his mind up ... while we do we cant spend the money we have to set aside to pay what will be one of our biggest, if not the biggest, wage.

If we wait until too near the end of the window we could end up with a wage pot of three grand a week that might have attracted a more than decent striker we cant spend because all the decent guys we might have had a chance of getting have already found clubs .... in view of that if AS hasn't given his answer by the end of this week in my opinion we should move on.
Well as Hibs are waiting they are obviously prepared to do so.

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 02:02 PM

I have to agree on this.... As much as I want to see Stokes sign, this saga seems to have dragged on forever... last summer, January and now this summer.... I don't doubt his desire to play for Hibs but If we keep moving the goalposts for him then he wont settle on an answer, whether its yes or no.

I know that any knowledge of this deal is purely speculative and that Lennon has stated we have offered him a strong deal, but not once has it been said we have offered him the maximum we can afford and there has been talk of improving the deal each week.... Hibs need to decide what their final offer is and send it to him with a take or leave it message.

Edit... While I am aware of the ITK posts in regard to this transfer saying that the deal has been agreed in principal, I am inclined to air my views with what public knowledge i have on the subject until we see or hear definitive proof of AS signing

Viva_Palmeiras
01-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Do we just need to hang on for next week to qualify for a Fringe Comedy nomination?

degenerated
01-08-2017, 02:12 PM
These pun threads are ****ing brutal. Does anyone actually find them funny?I find them cod awful

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

gramskiwood
01-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I find them cod awful

Some folks are just posting for the halibut.

1875STEVE
01-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Whenever I see this thread at the top of the forum, I'm like..... :hyper

Then it's quickly followed by..... :rolleyes::fuming:

degenerated
01-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Some folks are just posting for the halibut.If it's good enough for Jehovah.......

hibee_nation
01-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I find them cod awful

Me too, can't believe a single sole finds them funny.

Jim44
01-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Putting aside all the eagerness and desire to get this over the line, it would appear that Stokes is in no great hurry to make a decision. With Lennon's input re. great deal offered, might be room for some improvement etc., Stokes is in a win win situation and might very well wait till the end of the window before accepting or declining. I assume he is, meanwhile, training seriously in private or with another club.

The_Exile
01-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Me too, can't believe a single sole finds them funny.

Tell me about it, toad of complete fish as far as I'm concerned.

rodhibs55
01-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Tell me about it, toad of complete fish as far as I'm concerned.

There's a few on here having a whale of a time with these fish puns.
Hold on I'll just turn on the Turbot and get out of here toot sweet.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 02:31 PM

its all these people claiming to be ITK posting red herrings......:hide:

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Yup.... Ditto!!!

:brickwall

Apologies for perpetuating your frustration with this post.

SaulGoodman
01-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Ffs

makaveli1875
01-08-2017, 03:01 PM
im sure lennon said stokes needed a bit more time to mullet over

Newcastlehibby
01-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Once he signs and plays at Easter Road again, we'll easily fillet.

Firestarter
01-08-2017, 03:26 PM

Until then we will have a whale of a time.

GordonHFC
01-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Once he does sign it will be brill.

nonshinyfinish
01-08-2017, 03:28 PM
This thread has jumped the shark.

147lothian
01-08-2017, 03:30 PM
I don't believe for ne minute that Stokes will be a wayward catch, I have full faith in Lennon to reel him in

The Pointer
01-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Reckon Stokes is being pretty fly, but of coarse it's up to him.

MyJo
01-08-2017, 03:31 PM

He needs to tell Stokes he's had enough time to pond-er and its time to stop being Koi and give us an answer.

Will be really annoyed if he has been spinning a line this whole time but there's plenty more fish in the sea

KWJ
01-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Salmon here really need to clam down and stop chewing on their fish fingers.

Sweet Left Peg
01-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Is this the fishy site now?

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Hope these rumours don't turn out into a load of carp

Speedway
01-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Didn't LD say last night she still thought Hibs would sign Stokes?

Smartie
01-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Some of these anti-pun types will be a bit gutted that the nonsense is continuing.

SirDavidsNapper
01-08-2017, 03:38 PM
The thought of Gala blaring out the tannoy at ER after Stokes scoring makes me moist. This would be one of best signings I can remember us making. NL would get the best out of him. Please let it happen 🔥🔥

Blaster
01-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Some of these anti-pun types will be a bit gutted that the nonsense is continuing.

Don't take the bait mate

northeast hibby
01-08-2017, 03:39 PM
will do lennon's sole good if stokes signs

MyJo
01-08-2017, 03:39 PM

its ripping the sole out of this plaice

Haymaker
01-08-2017, 03:40 PM

BlackSheep
01-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Do you wait for so many posts to go by then re-post this

:LOL:

Carheenlea
01-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Not a lot happening by the sound of things, and the other thread is contributing nothing of note.
By all accounts the club seem quite relaxed and they are expressing an air of confidence that a deal can be done. Another day is almost gone and there is no sign of anything developing.

Bostonhibby
01-08-2017, 03:43 PM
He's being a slippery eel over the negotiations just now but surely he'll stop all this carp and a deal will be announced when the fish man comes on Friday

Smartie
01-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Need to change the subject.

Anyone know where Yves Mackerel-Lambay is these days?

Codheed
01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Well , I'm sick of trawling the net for info