PDA

View Full Version : Stokesy

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

alihibs1
27-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Not looking good then, think we will be disappointedHow's it no looking good?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
27-07-2017, 03:54 PM
How's it no looking good?

I thought lennon seemed pretty downbeat in that sky sports interview...

AgentDaleCooper
27-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Its at times like these that we all need a reassuring word from Thecat

:greengrin

Shoupd we also be looking for some sort of mob-justice response should stokes not sign? ;)

alihibs1
27-07-2017, 03:56 PM
I thought lennon seemed pretty downbeat in that sky sports interview...Not managed to watch it yet as i'm abroad. Hopefully that's not a sign.

Captain Trips
27-07-2017, 03:56 PM
We could well have met his demands at one point but another club perhaps can better that meaning we now no longer can meet his demands. I believe as soon as that contract ended with Blackburn a few other parties started to come into mix.

snooky
27-07-2017, 03:57 PM

TBH, the longer this goes on the less and less I'm caring. Maybe NL is getting fed up with all the hurdles too.

BlackSheep
27-07-2017, 03:58 PM

I think he sounded like he is just sick of talking about it... he has to repeat the same stuff all the time, at every interview....

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2017, 04:02 PM
For those of us that don't have Sky, where can we see these full press conferences?

Only ever get 1 or 2 mins max but they must go on for 20mins or so I'd have thought?

Jim44
27-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Not looking good then, think we will be disappointed

Lennon sounded really despondent and I don't think it's going to happen. It's dragging on far too long and we should be pulling out of the offer and looking for somebody who is looking for a good club with decent wages and not solely on the weekly pay cheque. No disrespect or malice towards Stokes but I think he owes it to the club to say thanks but no thanks.

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2017, 04:11 PM
If I can play the other Devil's Advocate for a third .... it's not the first time we've heard Hibs won't meet the asking price/demands of a player - especially after lengthy discussions. I ain't saying it's Hibs fault, just pointing out this is not uncommon.
One wonders sometimes. :hmmm:So would u rather we spent out with our means?? Our manager - a very ambitious manager at that has made it clear we have made him the best offer the club can...so what are you suggesting?? When it shopping for international quality u will get knock backs mate it's par for the course

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
27-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Lennon sounded really despondent and I don't think it's going to happen. It's dragging on far too long and we should be pulling out of the offer and looking for somebody who is looking for a good club with decent wages and not solely on the weekly pay cheque. No disrespect or malice towards Stokes but I think he owes it to the club to say thanks but no thanks.

I feel a new offer has came on table financially better than ours but possibly abroad and this is why there is uncertainty and it dragging on as he is unsure about perhaps moving to another country. Ive gone though from thinking it is happening to getting doubtful I fear.

Crazyhorse
27-07-2017, 04:13 PM

I know it might be ultimately disappointing but I don't really think he owes Hibs. He has to do a deal which is best for himself, I think we would suit him, but it's his call. Last time I saw him was when I was up for the Falkirk game and he was sitting near me. we gave him a wee round of applause when he was taking his seat and I'll do the same again whether he joins us or not. I don't think he'll ever top that day against sevco in a Hibs jersey.

DR1875
27-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Don't know why all the excitement about him. He scored two great goals in the cup final but apart from that he didn't do much else while here.

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2017, 04:15 PM
I feel a new offer has came on table financially better than ours but possibly abroad and this is why there is uncertainty and it dragging on as he is unsure about perhaps moving to another country. Ive gone though from thinking it is happening to getting doubtful I fear.I said at start of week if he hadn't signed by Friday I didn't think it would happen and I still think that's the case tbh...there is no reason why this shouldn't be sorted by tomorrow. If he still hasn't given us an answer by tomorrow...i think we should move on as a club and pursue other targets. I desperately wanted us to sign him but the time is fast approaching where we need to move on to other targets as we need another striker in the door asap with the league season now just a week away...

27-07-2017, 04:15 PM
He looks a bit tired. Perhaps he was with Stokesy in Why Not, contract in back pocket, buy him a few pints and Bob's your uncle.

Heisenberg
27-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Don't know why all the excitement about him. He scored two great goals in the cup final but apart from that he didn't do much else while here.

Don't agree. He was rusty but soon developed into being one of, if not our best performer. Still managed to score something like 9 or 10 goals iirc.

Lago
27-07-2017, 04:17 PM
If I can play Devil's Advocate for a second... Im not sure this is promising, to say the board have done everything certainly does not suggest its happening, just that we, as has been said many times, have offered him the bestest best best deal that we can.
You beat me to it, I'm not sure it's a positive statement as much as well we did all we could and it wasn't enough.

Captain Trips
27-07-2017, 04:19 PM
If I can play the other Devil's Advocate for a third .... it's not the first time we've heard Hibs won't meet the asking price/demands of a player - especially after lengthy discussions. I ain't saying it's Hibs fault, just pointing out this is not uncommon.
One wonders sometimes. :hmmm:

Perhaps we had met his demands and his agent got a phone call from another party offering him a lot more than we can afford therefore his demands could change at any given time.

A club from Turkey or China could have easily offered to take him and these clubs can easily afford 10k+ pw, we will be offereing him a good wage but nothing like 10k pw and 10k+ is easy for loads of clubs to pay.

I think we are or were very close and a development from possibly abroad but not somewhere he maybe wants to go but are offereing a lot more than us.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2017, 04:20 PM
I didn't realise so many .netters had psychology degrees...

The amount of "interpretations" of statements and interviews on here is crazy

Lets just be patient and see what happens

I trust that Neil and the club have done all they can

GGTTH

27-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Any Hibees at the airport over the next few days, keep your eyes peeled. If you see him, follow him and see where he's flying to.

flash
27-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Not knowing is the worst part for fans allied to raised hopes brought about by false information on forums and other social media.
I hate the transfer window.

cabbageandribs1875
27-07-2017, 04:35 PM
He looks a bit tired. Perhaps he was with Stokesy in Why Not, contract in back pocket, buy him a few pints and Bob's your uncle.

going by posts on here of sightings of stokes in why not for the past month i think that's where he's been doing most of his pre-season training :greengrin so, no fitness and no match fitness it would be mid sept before we even got a match out of him, time to look elsewhere me thinks

Heisenberg
27-07-2017, 04:37 PM
http://post-cm.gwallet.com/OrMCe04Lcp0lOLk3ekI4rmgK2jZ6OcZNEAk6Mpu-Pi8R6j9IBD9DLG12u096P5TRbvQjNasPcjRTNTVQTgty/cspgbd

Looks like we aren't any further forward and there is no timescale on it so we could be waiting a while.

Jim44
27-07-2017, 04:41 PM

GGTTH

We know the club has done all it can. Lennon has spelled that out. We can't be patient indefinitely till Stokes comes to a decision. Getting a good alternative to him is more important to us than hanging on, in the chance that he might sign.

Allant1981
27-07-2017, 04:46 PM

well thats just not true

Jack Hackett
27-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Until such time as he's in the news holding up some other teams scarf or shirt... he's coming home.

Mick O'Rourke
27-07-2017, 04:50 PM

GGTTH

A "degree" of common sense there

Que sera sera

Pedantic_Hibee
27-07-2017, 04:53 PM
He hasn't been at East Mains/ER all week according to Lennon so that blows quite a few of the "scoops" clean out of the water.

Callum_62
27-07-2017, 04:59 PM
He hasn't been at East Mains/ER all week according to Lennon so that blows quite a few of the "scoops" clean out of the water.

He wasnt but his car was [emoji23]🤦*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
27-07-2017, 05:01 PM

GGTTH

I actually do have a Psychology degree and I reckon Lennon does look a bit fed up in that interview. Hopefully we can get it over the line but I suspect there's now a backup in mind.

brog
27-07-2017, 05:02 PM

GGTTH

Phew, some sense! I enjoy transfer rumours as much as anyone but we're getting a tad paranoiac here. Not one poster on Net or any other site forecast the signing of the 2 Lithuanians. Now I hope we get Stokes but I'd imagine we have other targets, (which almost unbelievably may not be known to Hibs Net), if we don't. Have faith.

Pete
27-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Had enough now.

I hope we're concentrating our efforts on someone else because I'm sure he'd be here by now if it was happening.

Always be a legend though.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I actually do have a Psychology degree and I reckon Lennon does look a bit fed up in that interview. Hopefully we can get it over the line but I suspect there's now a backup in mind.

LOL

I knew there would be one! :greengrin

He's probably fed up of being asked about it

I have a media and marketing degree. TV journalists ask questions to edit the best stories to give them more views (clicks) and coverage.

No inside knowledge but I think it'll happen - lets be patient

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2017, 05:07 PM
He wasnt but his car was [emoji23]🤦*♂️

It wasn't his car. The Metc pictured a few days ago, Slivka was inside.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2017, 05:09 PM
A "degree" of common sense there

Que sera sera

Phew, some sense! I enjoy transfer rumours as much as anyone but we're getting a tad paranoiac here. Not one poster on Net or any other site forecast the signing of the 2 Lithuanians. Now I hope we get Stokes but I'd imagine we have other targets, (which almost unbelievably may not be known to Hibs Net), if we don't. Have faith.

:thumbsup:

Thanks lads

I'm going to print these off and frame them.

My mother always said I had no common sense!

Hmmmm better not mention my mum with all these psychologists about, it might be misconstrued.....

:devil::blah::cool2:

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Any Hibees at the airport over the next few days, keep your eyes peeled. If you see him, follow him and see where he's flying to.Please don't do this. Anyone. Ever. With any footballer. Or any person.

147lothian
27-07-2017, 05:13 PM
You're right. Folk seem to have forgotten (for now) all the moans last season when our form suffered badly after he came to us on loan? If it hadn't been for his cup final performance I think there would be lots of complaints that he's the kind of player we're looking at. FWIW I think he's a good player but I still worry about his affect on the dressing room and enthusiasm for matches like away to Hamilton on a wet November night

Just to clarify, I have every faith in Lennon managing Stokes well, I think he was well short of match sharpness when he came to us the second time, but a fully fit Stokes would be an absolute asset to the club, imo he's a much better all round striker than Cummings, not to forget Lennon also managed Stokes at celtic, so he knows how to get the best out of him

Mick O'Rourke
27-07-2017, 05:21 PM

Same could be said to an extent on Rocky and Efe
As for Efe,who would thought he would have signed for Hibernian, given the salary he was on at Celtic?

His signing was described as a "real coup"
Like Anthony he was a "free agent"

Another couple of "coups" may be on the way!

As you say, Brog....

Keep calm and....Keep the Faith.

Jpdhfc
27-07-2017, 05:27 PM

And two in the replay in the highlands

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 05:30 PM
I'll stick my neck on the line now and say that I don't think it's going to happen.

Mick O'Rourke
27-07-2017, 05:34 PM
I just cannae understand those that say "bar those two cup final goals what else did he do for us"
For goodness sake !
Do some not realise the magnitude of that Cup win and how it has transformed the Club.

Jeez ,apart from that performance against Dundee Utd,what else did Conrad do for us?!!

Jim44
27-07-2017, 05:36 PM
:thumbsup:

Thanks lads

I'm going to print these off and frame them.

My mother always said I had no common sense!

Hmmmm better not mention my mum with all these psychologists about, it might be misconstrued.....

:devil::blah::cool2:

Oedipus Is better than soor pus!!! :greengrin

27-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Would love it if we get Stokes but if we miss out on him but bring in someone else plus Hendo I'd be very happy.

G B Young
27-07-2017, 05:46 PM
I'd say talent's worth waiting for, frustrating as the Stokes saga has become.

I was hugely excited when we got him back on loan in 2016 and while he took a few weeks to get fit and never really gelled as a pairing with Cummings he was (and I think still is) a class act.

He's clearly a bit of a maverick and if he does eventually decide to sign for Hibs it'll once again be the case that he won't be match fit, but IMHO his signing would give us the extra bit of class up front that we need to complete what's looking a really promising squad for the new season.

Joe6-2
27-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Oedipus Is better than soor pus!!! :greengrin

😂😂

alihibs1
27-07-2017, 05:49 PM
I'd say talent's worth waiting for, frustrating as the Stokes saga has become.

I was hugely excited when we got him back on loan in 2016 and while he took a few weeks to get fit and never really gelled as a pairing with Cummings he was (and I think still is) a class act.

He's clearly a bit of a maverick and if he does eventually decide to sign for Hibs it'll once again be the case that he won't be match fit, but IMHO his signing would give us the extra bit of class up front that we need to complete what's looking a really promising squad for the new season.Same I prepared to wait. Just now we have a striker who is banging them in and one that hasn't played yet but hopefully Is the same. We're not desperate for a striker at the moment so I'll happily wait for the beat option to come along which is Stokes.

Onceinawhile
27-07-2017, 05:49 PM
I just cannae understand those that say "bar those two cup final goals what else did he do for us"
For goodness sake !
Do some not realise the magnitude of that Cup win and how it has transformed the Club.

Jeez ,apart from that performance against Dundee Utd,what else did Conrad do for us?!!

Came on to post something similar!!

Apart from dragging us to through the quarter final and scoring 2 of the three most important hibs goals of the last 50 years (if not ever), giving everyone their best moment supporting hibs, completely changing the way the fans felt about the club and quite apart from scoring 23 goals for us in one season, what has he ever done for hibs?

snooky
27-07-2017, 05:51 PM
So would u rather we spent out with our means?? Our manager - a very ambitious manager at that has made it clear we have made him the best offer the club can...so what are you suggesting?? When it shopping for international quality u will get knock backs mate it's par for the course

Not suggesting we spend more than our means at all. What I'm saying is our means in relation to our wants might be interpreted differently by different people.

e.g. My mate is going to spend £120 on concert tickets - it's within his means & mine too. He's going but I'm not.

Sammy7nil
27-07-2017, 06:06 PM
I'll stick my neck on the line now and say that I don't think it's going to happen.

I will stick my neck on the line and say I am not sure :cb

IncredibleHibee
27-07-2017, 06:12 PM
I can confirm it is happening....

Joe6-2
27-07-2017, 06:13 PM

Tomorrow? 😉

IncredibleHibee
27-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Tomorrow? 😉

5pm 😜

Firestarter
Why can't people just be patient? "Had enough now" and "pull the plug"? Really? This is Tony Stokes, Hibernian legend and all round better forward than anything outside Celtic park. Imagine we are struggling in a few months with the "other option"? Wouldn't you wait a couple of weeks longer so a top quality player could sign? Stokesy is rightly looking at options, I firmly believe Lennon isn't one to get egg on his face and wouldn't be commenting if it was almost done, just like Jason last summer. Be like Barlow and have a little..

Onceinawhile

If you can confirm it, why not just do so?

SteveHFC
27-07-2017, 06:16 PM
5pm 😜

:hyper

Firestarter
If you can confirm it, why not just do so?

Poster just did?

Waxy
He must have been offered more money somewhere else. Guess thats what it comes down to at the end of the day. It is a short career and Whats he going to do when it ends? I'm pretty certain when Stokesys career is over the the Hibees will be the club he felt closest to but we see it in all aspects of life. When it comes to humen nature, money rules.

Mick O'Rourke
27-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Looking at your avatar,:shocked: I will take your word for it

Zazu62
27-07-2017, 06:19 PM
This would be a fantastic signing. Lennon knows how to get the best out of him. Stokes needs to feel loved that's when he scores goals. The Lennon factor is massive

snooky
27-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Looking at your avatar,:shocked: I will take your word for it

Especially the "Incredible" part :wink:

southern hibby
27-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Not saying it will or will not happen, however here's my 50p worth.

He's just had X amount of pounds put into his bank account from Blackburn. Maybe he's making sure he has a decent close season before he signs for Hibs ( or whoever it is ). Sure I would enjoy myself if I got the kind of pay off he's got, before I start training.

GGTTH

27-07-2017, 06:37 PM
This would be a fantastic signing. Lennon knows how to get the best out of him. Stokes needs to feel loved that's when he scores goals. The Lennon factor is massive
If he needs to feel loved, he'll get that 10 times more with us than anywhere else. Hibs are the best club for him and Lennon is the best manager for him.

2 or 3 year deal, top scorer in the league and he can go somewhere for a bigger paypacket next season, with Hibs getting a reasonable fee.

Sammy7nil
27-07-2017, 06:37 PM

He's just had X amount of pounds put into his bank account from Blackburn. Maybe he's making sure he has a decent close season before he signs for Hibs ( or whoever it is ). Sure I would enjoy myself if I got the kind of pay off he's got, before I start training.

GGTTH

Why not sign and say I want a break before training I am sure that could be negotiated and Lennh would k ow he has his man.

JohnMcM
27-07-2017, 06:38 PM
See post number 617.

Heisenberg
27-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Meh. We've seen many posts like this over the previous few weeks. Not going to get too excited.

HibsNutter
27-07-2017, 07:01 PM

GGTTH

He's not played in ages. Doubtful.

southern hibby
27-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Why not sign and say I want a break before training I am sure that could be negotiated and Lennh would k ow he has his man.

Fair point mate, only answer I could say to that is maybe he doesn't want NL to think he's not 100% committed and using I'm pondering over the deal as an excuse.

GGTTH

OsloHibs
27-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Is this the longest transfer saga ever on HibsNet..? The speculations been going on since 22.05.16!!!

Callum_62
27-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Whos on GIF duty?

Hfcwilson3192
27-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Is anyone genuinely bothered if he signs or no? I want players who want to be here no players that leave at the first sniff of coin. He was brilliant in the final but that was it. It tane him five month to get fit. we canny have players who only turn up for finals am happy wi Murray and big Davy like.

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Is anyone genuinely bothered if he signs or no? I want players who want to be here no players that leave at the first sniff of coin. He was brilliant in the final but that was it. It tane him five month to get fit. we canny have players who only turn up for finals am happy wi Murray and big Davy like.

If enough people say this "only turned up in the final" it may eventually become true.

Callum_62
27-07-2017, 09:23 PM
If enough people say this "only turned up in the final" it may eventually become true.

[emoji1303]

Stokes was easily our best forward for most of that period

Simply, hes an upgrade on Jason

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Equally, if enough people say he's world class that can also become true.

The fact is he was distinctly average for 2/3 of his last stint here. If he comes, brilliant. If not, onto the next target.

Hfcwilson3192
27-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Haha sorry il give him inverness aswell he struggled to score in the championship. He'll always be a legend but a reckon his desire for football has gone like.

Ozyhibby

Nope, it will never be true. Stokes was excellent 2nd time around. He was beyond excellent in the cup final.

kaimendhibs
Is anyone genuinely bothered if he signs or no? I want players who want to be here no players that leave at the first sniff of coin. He was brilliant in the final but that was it. It tane him five month to get fit. we canny have players who only turn up for finals am happy wi Murray and big Davy like.Thought he scored two at Inverness in the replay. And worked his socks of coming deep and going wide in most games. Prob the nightnurse making me deluded then

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Is anyone genuinely bothered if he signs or no? I want players who want to be here no players that leave at the first sniff of coin. He was brilliant in the final but that was it. It tane him five month to get fit. we canny have players who only turn up for finals am happy wi Murray and big Davy like.He was brilliant in 2010 and for years with Celtic, stop talking rubbish.

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Haha sorry il give him inverness aswell he struggled to score in the championship. He'll always be a legend but a reckon his desire for football has gone like.

From march (once he was up to full fitness) he was one of our best players each week. Worked very hard every game but played a lot deeper to get the ball.

Hfcwilson3192
27-07-2017, 09:30 PM
He was brilliant in 2010 and for years with Celtic, stop talking rubbish.

Did a say he wisni haha I'm no talking about his first stint here and his celtic days. He was bang average in those 6 months accept fi the final yir a cricket warrior if yi think otherwise lol

Tobias Funke
27-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Did a say he wisni haha I'm no talking about his first stint here and his celtic days. He was bang average in those 6 months accept fi the final yir a cricket warrior if yi think otherwise lol

A cricket warrior. Anyone? :dunno:

O'Rourke3
27-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Is there any truth he's worried Police Scotland are still considering charges for beating up The Rangers team May 21 last year?

snooky
27-07-2017, 09:37 PM
A cricket warrior. Anyone? :dunno:

Sorry mate, it's got me stumped too.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Is there any truth he's worried Police Scotland are still considering charges for beating up The Rangers team May 21 last year?

Maybe, plus they are looking for an arsonist that very same day. :agree:

O'Rourke3
27-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Maybe, plus they are looking for an arsonist that very same day. :agree::faf:

jacomo
27-07-2017, 09:42 PM

GGTTH

This sounds worryingly plausible!

calumhibee1
27-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Yup. Forget about the fact that his name is Anthony Stokes and we got from Celtic and chance him to Joe Stevens or something from Brechin and people would have been more than happy with his contribution in the 6 months he was here, especially when you give him a bit of slack as he'd hardly kicked a ball for ages. People expected him to come in and score a goal a game or more on the back of not having played for ages and it simply wasn't going to happen. He done well for us. No doubt it could have been better but he struggled to get a good run of games going and when he did he really kicked on. This myth that he turned up in the final and that's all he done is ridiculous.

jacomo
27-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Maybe, plus they are looking for an arsonist that very same day. :agree:

It was a terrifying experience.

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Did a say he wisni haha I'm no talking about his first stint here and his celtic days. He was bang average in those 6 months accept fi the final yir a cricket warrior if yi think otherwise lolSo we're ignoring his career and judging him just on 6 months when he was unfit? At least that is what google translate gave me after I put your post into it.

Also, what the **** is a cricket warrior?

Hibbyradge
27-07-2017, 09:48 PM
I only get decent info now and again, but I believe Wigan are in the mix for his signature.

Burton were also mentioned, but that's probably too much of a step up to be believed.

Unseen work
27-07-2017, 09:51 PM
This is getting very very boring now.

Tobias Funke
27-07-2017, 09:51 PM

Must be a mistake with the words he chose, looks like he used the wrong 'uns :wink:

Onceinawhile
27-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Poster just did?

Sorry, I'm being a hugely pedantic prick.

He didn't confirm it, he said "I can confirm". Saying you can do something is not the same as doing it. It was a useless post to be quite honest.

Aldo
27-07-2017, 10:02 PM

He did plenty and tbh and scored 9 goals when probably not match fit for the first while!

Would be an exceptional signing and the best out with Celtic this window!

I'm going to trust TC and co on this one!

Heisenberg
27-07-2017, 10:10 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/27/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-offers-anthony-stoke-update-admits-easter-road-move-boil-money-vs-football-celtic-blackburn/?platform=hootsuite

Callum_62
27-07-2017, 10:13 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/27/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-offers-anthony-stoke-update-admits-easter-road-move-boil-money-vs-football-celtic-blackburn/?platform=hootsuite

Sounds very positive

Sir David Gray
27-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Plus he's still to answer allegations that James Tavernier is still stuck deep inside his back pocket.

shetlandhibee
27-07-2017, 10:22 PM
lennon sounds far from despondent in that interview:agree: a few tweeks here and there not holding us over a barrel etc,, IMHO hes coming home:not worth:greengrin

Unseen work
27-07-2017, 10:26 PM

Sounds like every update there has already been this summer.

Heisenberg
27-07-2017, 10:29 PM

It's the first time Lennon has said "I think we're getting close" and "we're not a million miles away" in regards to Stokes though.

snooky
27-07-2017, 10:31 PM

They keep changing the goalposts. Alas, that wouldn't be a problem for Hearts :wink:

jacomo
27-07-2017, 10:32 PM
lennon sounds far from despondent in that interview:agree: a few tweeks here and there not holding us over a barrel etc,, IMHO hes coming home:not worth:greengrin

Mon Stokesy. You know it makes sense.

Haymaker
27-07-2017, 10:32 PM

27-07-2017, 10:34 PM
This transfer saga is becoming a bigger roller coaster ride than the cup final itself was.

Sammy7nil

So he might or might not sign with no deadline date on a decision. That update is really helpful and adds some clarity to the deal or no deal :greengrin

jacomo

He knows it makes sense.

IncredibleHibee
27-07-2017, 10:44 PM
5pm

MKHIBEE
27-07-2017, 10:47 PM
It was a terrifying experience.
For some perhaps.

Captain Trips
27-07-2017, 10:49 PM
NL is in office when there is a knock at the door he looks up and who is it?

NL "Well well look who it is"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOg-Aqyidc

Crazyhorse
27-07-2017, 10:59 PM

Nice one.

To be fair I think we are all stuck in the corridor of uncertainty on this one.

27-07-2017, 11:10 PM
The first time he takes to the pitch, he'll know he made the right decision from the reception he gets.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Nice one.

Im not certain that we are

TheGreenMan
28-07-2017, 06:30 AM
It does feel like a Friday kind of signing if we're going to make it. Plus it's 28th today and Stokes was #28 for us in the cup final AND I believe #28 is still vacant in our squad numbers! 😁

Hibs1969
28-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Nice one.

I firmly believe that out of The Ashes of this saga will come a great signing for Hibs.

Jamesconnolly
28-07-2017, 06:51 AM
I firmly believe that out of The Ashes of this saga will come a great signing for Hibs.

Medical at 10 am straight from the physio

SouthMoroccoStu
28-07-2017, 06:57 AM

That's a dangerous statement to make.....

Hope you're right pal!

SRHibs
28-07-2017, 07:06 AM

I like how thorough we are being with this signing. 3+ medicals to ensure that he's in good health!

Salt N Sauzee
28-07-2017, 07:10 AM
I like how thorough we are being with this signing. 3+ medicals to ensure that he's in good health!

Think people assumed that Slivka's medical the other day was actually for Stokesy.

Looper
28-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Stokes, big Dave and SM..front line looking strong now!

HibbyAndy
28-07-2017, 07:13 AM

:pray:

Cmon Stokesy come hame !!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-07-2017, 07:18 AM
That's a dangerous statement to make.....

Hope you're right pal!

With a name like that no stranger to a bit of a tussle. Gotta love those time-bound pronouncements - staple of the internet it's the glue that ties it all together.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Think we will be heading into next week with this one unless after his further talk with Lennon on Wednesday has helped him let his heart rule his decision
Don't know how influential his agent is but would imagine he will be saying that deal will still be there next week and they may even come back again with Improved offer Sit tight and see what else materialises You know you are their No 1 Target
Like a few people have said the longer this drags on the longer it takes him to get fit and then match fit
The statements are all fromHibs Think we have made it clear we want him so if that hasn't persuaded him to sign start talks with other possible signings as other Targets will now know they can keep us waiting and hope to get their offer upped
Think if the Cat is right and he has told players he is going to sign for us then he should now do that and focus on getting his career back on track At 28 he has time for another money spinning contract in a years time if he does the business for us

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 07:22 AM

Haha, more medicals than a sun life applicant

Smartie
28-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Fraser Fyvie may be a bit miffed about how this has been handled.

lumbo_hfc
28-07-2017, 07:25 AM

Stokes has never turned our contract down though...

B.H.F.C
28-07-2017, 07:26 AM

Why? Has Stokes rejected our contract offer at any point?

Bob Box Fish
28-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Sounds like we have made him an improved / maximum final offer as Lennon mentioned earlier in the week that there is room for negotiation and it takes time. Still think he will come home.

Salt N Sauzee
28-07-2017, 07:27 AM

Why do folk keep saying this?

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 07:28 AM

Difference is Fyvie was on the books and offered a new deal, he thought he'd be a smart arse and shop around, when another offer didn't happen he thought he'd settle for us, not committed enough for Lennon.

Stokes on the other hand has not rejected a deal from us, an offer has been made to him andis there for him if he wants it.

ian cruise
28-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Why do folk keep saying this?

Maybe Fraser is desperate for Stokes to sign too? I believe he was quite fond of his when he was here.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2017, 07:34 AM
Fyvie has been replaced by Slivka. No idea if he will be an upgrade or not but it's done now.

Jamesconnolly
28-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Colr
28-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Sounds very positive

Talk of Chinese interest gives some context. More money, for sure, but he can play there or the US when he is older and get more money if he raises his stock in the meantime.

However, cash is king. May depend on his family and what age/stage the kids are at with their schooling.

Colr
28-07-2017, 07:37 AM

If the physio hasn't now been sacked for leaking information!!

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 07:37 AM

:fishin::fishin:

DarlingtonHibee
28-07-2017, 07:50 AM

Quiet day on JKB.

Cabbage East
28-07-2017, 07:51 AM

Give us less detail.

bingo70
28-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Talk of Chinese interest gives some context. More money, for sure, but he can play there or the US when he is older and get more money if he raises his stock in the meantime.

However, cash is king. May depend on his family and what age/stage the kids are at with their schooling.

Sure I read the Chinese league is on the verge of collapsing as 13 teams can't afford to pay wages (surprisingly enough).

Not sure China would have the same appeal it did a few months ago.

Would the USA be an option for him? Does he not have a criminal conviction for assault on that Elvis impersonator? Would have thought that may make it difficult to get a work permit as are the Americans not pretty tight on that kind of thing?

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Sure I read the Chinese league is on the verge of collapsing as 13 teams can't afford to pay wages (surprisingly enough).

Not sure China would have the same appeal it did a few months ago.

Would the USA be an option for him? Does he not have a criminal conviction for assault on that Elvis impersonator? Would have thought that may make it difficult to get a work permit as are the Americans not pretty tight on that kind of thing?

I think any sort of conviction and you're struggling to get into the US now, really tightened up after 9/11 etc.

Brightside
28-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Kitty left ages ago. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
28-07-2017, 08:06 AM

Much as I admire your user name, the spelling of Connolly is wrong. I doubt a real enthusiast would make this error.

ian cruise
28-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Fyvie has been replaced by Slivka. No idea if he will be an upgrade or not but it's done now.

I know I've mentioned Fraser a few times as I was a big fan and wanted him to re-sign however you're absolutely right, we don't need him in midfield any longer and we're better using funds on other areas. Time will tell if Slivka is better or not but if he's at least as good as Fyvie then I'll be happy.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Difference is Fyvie was on the books and offered a new deal, he thought he'd be a smart arse and shop around, when another offer didn't happen he thought he'd settle for us, not committed enough for Lennon.

Stokes on the other hand has not rejected a deal from us, an offer has been made to him andis there for him if he wants it.100%this well said HC - sick and tired of these poor Fraser Fyvie posts

ian cruise
28-07-2017, 08:09 AM
No info on Stokes but I do feel that it was worth reading 800 plus posts just to find the phrase "cricket warrior", while I'm sure it's a mistype I'm definitely using that in future.

green with envy
28-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Much as I admire your user name, the spelling of Connolly is wrong. I doubt a real enthusiast would make this error.

The spelling is correct.:greengrin

Saturday Boy
28-07-2017, 08:18 AM
No info on Stokes but I do feel that it was worth reading 800 plus posts just to find the phrase "cricket warrior", while I'm sure it's a mistype I'm definitely using that in future.

I've been trying to figure that one out since I read it. Cricket warrior? Perhaps it's Kung Fu related, for those who remember grasshopper 😉

SlickShoes
28-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Folk are up in arms about Stokes taking a week? or so to decide, but they are also up in arms that Fyvie didn't get all the time in the world to accept his offer, which was open from April ish time until just after the seasons end, so about 7 or 8 weeks.

Captain Trips
28-07-2017, 08:24 AM
He was defo on his way over to East Mains today when this happened:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/23/article-0-01A37A990000044D-865_468x348.jpg

Jamesconnolly
28-07-2017, 08:30 AM

I know autocorrect done that and it's 21 days before it can be changed. As for my comment it's true straight from one of the medical staff who I have knew all my life

CapitalGreen
28-07-2017, 08:31 AM
I know autocorrect done that and it's 21 days before it can be changed. As for my comment it's true straight from one of the medical staff who I have knew all my life

Known him all your life and he's happy for you to go discussing information which could potentially get him in bother?

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 08:33 AM

How come you never let on about Slivka then? Or did the medical staff not know he was getting a medical? :greengrin

28-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Scaramucci is flying into Edinburgh to sort out these leaks.

MrSmith
28-07-2017, 08:36 AM

We are all Physio

bigwheel
28-07-2017, 08:41 AM

not sure I would be too chirpy if I was the physio that you were sharing on a public board though..that said - thanks :thumbsup:

BlackSheep
28-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Known him all your life and he's happy for you to go discussing information which could potentially get him in bother?

He hasnt named names... and while its a short process of elimination i think the poster would be safe here and the staff member.

hibee_nation
28-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Can't be right his car has not been spotted yet and the fishman comes today.

Ken
28-07-2017, 09:06 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/100QoSU9uTFU64/giphy.gif

Failed medical. His temperature was too high

Keith_M
28-07-2017, 09:06 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/58/e9/b0/58e9b0ea1fc20e13642d55de474c60ab.gif

CRAZYHIBBY
28-07-2017, 09:13 AM

We used to have a fishman come round but the wife chased him as she didnt think i would have wanted any and he never came back. Rather annoying as im quite partial to a little bit fish. Occasionally i get quite excited when i hear a horn peep out side and run to the window in the hope that he has returned but sadly he never has.

Ryan69
28-07-2017, 09:16 AM

Somebody pointed out a couple of weeks ago that Chinese transfer window is closed.
Is that not still the case?

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Somebody pointed out a couple of weeks ago that Chinese transfer window is closed.
Is that not still the case?He's a free agent though.

Sean1875
28-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Fingers crossed its true about the medical - I've made the mistake of letting slip who my source was previously on here in the heat of the moment so hoping oor' James has done the same and its accurate :greengrin

Lang Toun Hibs
28-07-2017, 09:22 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/100QoSU9uTFU64/giphy.gif

Failed medical. His temperature was too high

Superb! 😂😂😂

Captain Trips
28-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Can we not talk to Budge about using the office she put Lafferty in all day when he signed?

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54cbd9ffe4b063bf2a9707e0/t/57d8404c15d5dbe7f9315a79/1471468570316/Asylum.jpg?format=2500w

yerauldda
28-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Imagine after all this he failed his medical...

hibee_nation
28-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Right leg passed ok onto the left now. Straight from the physio.

SirDavidsNapper
28-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Here we go.....another day in a row

Captain Trips
28-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Live from the medical:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vcjUTOKwx5YQg/giphy.gif

SaulGoodman
28-07-2017, 09:53 AM
🔥🔥..

snooky
28-07-2017, 09:53 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/58/e9/b0/58e9b0ea1fc20e13642d55de474c60ab.gif

If he signs, we should call him the Flaming Star as a tribute to his love of the real Elvis.

Salt N Sauzee
28-07-2017, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3l7fgvrEKM

Soon... :hyper

makaveli1875
28-07-2017, 09:56 AM
hows the medical going :greengrin must be nearly finished if he showed up on time

Albanian Hibs
28-07-2017, 09:59 AM

In English please

The_Todd
28-07-2017, 10:01 AM
In English please

I think he's saying Stokes is a superb player who'll finish the squad off nicely and he heard it straight from the physio.

Ken
28-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Can't believe we've not announced it yet. His medical was over an hour ago. I think we should just cancel the deal and move on to the next target

Ryan69
28-07-2017, 10:16 AM
He's a free agent though.

But do they not have tobe a freeagent when window closes?

Maybe I am imagining that part though..

Jamesconnolly
28-07-2017, 10:20 AM

snooky
28-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Can't believe we've not announced it yet. His medical was over an hour ago. I think we should just cancel the deal and move on to the next target

Maybe he can't find his car in the carpark?

BlackSheep
28-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Why are you repeating yourself?

Firestarter
28-07-2017, 10:24 AM
He's a free agent though.

He was released after the window closed. I think today just might be the day. :aok:

matty_f
28-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Hope you're right chief. :aok:

Thanks for passing that on.

Diclonius
28-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Can an admin put a "match updates" tag on the thread?

I heard Nish was supposed to finalise the medical but he's just been caught offside.

Ken
28-07-2017, 10:28 AM
TheCat...any update?

MB62
28-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Medical delayed due to his recent car problem, which is why it has not been spotted in the car park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-40748897

Waxy
28-07-2017, 10:30 AM
TheCat...any update?

Yip.been fed and the litter trays been cleaned. Currently sleeping.

The_Todd
28-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Yip.been fed and the litter trays been cleaned. Currently sleeping.

Mine was neutered yesterday and instead of relaxing after the operation decided to explore the top of the fridge then realised she couldn't get down again. I'm amazed the physio hadn't already told everyone.

silverhibee
28-07-2017, 10:35 AM

Would Stokes be allowed in to the States to work.

FilipinoHibs
28-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Would Stokes be allowed in to the States to work.

No way - classed as a felon. Even spent convictions count in US. Would not get a visa. China then....

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Just asked Kenny Millar on twitter if he knew about the medical... he said he would be surprised if it had moved THAT quickly but he could be wrong

Cod Boy
28-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Just seen Stokes in Waverley Station.

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Just seen Stokes in Waverley Station.Follow him

FilipinoHibs
28-07-2017, 10:49 AM

Arriving or departing?

Sean1875
28-07-2017, 10:50 AM

:hyper :hyper :hyper

Vault Boy
28-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Follow him

#StokesWatch

GordonHFC
28-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Going to or coming from 😀

jacomo
28-07-2017, 10:51 AM

And...?

I assume you are following him and can't post updates for fear of arousing suspicion.

Stay on his tail and keep us informed.

Green Blood
28-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah, had his medical in the toilets at Waverley, failed due to having 3 nipples!

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 10:56 AM
He's on the train to China

GordonHFC
28-07-2017, 10:58 AM

It's just a rouse. It stops at Wallyford.

Smartie
28-07-2017, 10:58 AM
No way - classed as a felon. Even spent convictions count in US. Would not get a visa. China then....

Could he not just get some sort of electronic tag that put his fire out if he went within a certain distance of Graceland?

HIBEETILLIDIE
28-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalki heard it was a slow boat!

Smartie
28-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Live from the medical:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vcjUTOKwx5YQg/giphy.gif

It's good to see Henry Smith is wearing well, but wtf is he doing leading Anthony Stokes' medical?

snooky
28-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Going to or coming from 😀

If it's the former, he should have got off at Haymarket :wink:

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Waverley has been evacuated... suspected fire.

WoreTheGreen
28-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Is that not still the case?

Allways wondered does the Chinese transfer window have these beaded curtains

Dan Sarf
28-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Allways wondered does the Chinese transfer window have these beaded curtains

:faf:

Thecat23
28-07-2017, 11:16 AM
TheCat...any update?

Not heard anything else today mate.

jacomo
28-07-2017, 11:27 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-we-ve-done-all-we-can-to-get-anthony-stokes-to-hibs-1-4515812

The Hibs boss, who was Stokes’ manager at Celtic for four years, said: “I spoke to Anthony on Wednesday so talks have moved forward. I cannot compliment the board enough on what we have done over the close season and certainly throughout July in terms of backing me in getting players in. They have done all they can to make the deal happen. I am delighted with that, but the ball is firmly in Anthony’s court."

For all those who still harbour suspicions about how our club is run these days...

Keith_M
28-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I heard he's on a slow boat to China.

ALF TUPPER
28-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Yeah, had his medical in the toilets at Waverley, failed due to having 3 nipples!

You're following the wrong Stokes.
Its Anthony you want to follow.
Not Scaramanga Stokes.That's his cousin.

Dafty !! 👍🏻😊

Haymaker
28-07-2017, 11:47 AM

Salt N Sauzee
28-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Any update from your friend?

Green Blood
28-07-2017, 11:48 AM
You're following the wrong Stokes.
Its Anthony you want to follow.
Not Scaramanga Stokes.That's his cousin.

Dafty !! 👍🏻😊

Yes Boss!!

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 11:50 AM
:hyperThats the 21st time you've commented this on the thread...

Captain Trips
28-07-2017, 11:56 AM
I heard that Cathro is also in seeing the Dr today:

https://19818-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/cd0/b6/dr-phil-stare.jpg

Haymaker
28-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Thats the 21st time you've commented this on the thread...

Nowhere near my record! :hyper

ALF TUPPER
28-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Yes Boss!!

😁👍🏻

IncredibleHibee
28-07-2017, 12:14 PM
5pm

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 12:15 PM
5pmNot funny. Never was.

IncredibleHibee
28-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Not funny. Never was.

🔥😏

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 12:19 PM
[emoji91][emoji57]If your right.... then I'll get in touch with you and buy you a Hibs home top. Deal?

greenpaper55
28-07-2017, 12:20 PM
EN reporting he has offers from Turkey and China as well as us.

snooky
28-07-2017, 12:21 PM
If your right.... then I'll get in touch with you and buy you a Hibs home top. Deal?

Rider: He's to buy you one if he's wrong. :aok:

ALF TUPPER
28-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Getting interesting here. 😂
Hibs home top sales increasing .
Over to you Stokesy !! 👍🏻

FilipinoHibs
28-07-2017, 12:26 PM
EN reporting he has offers from Turkey and China as well as us.

Can't go to US a felon.

green with envy
28-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Seems Big G is in the know and has been correct in the past.

Reply from the Bounce... "Wages settled I hear".

IncredibleHibee
28-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Rider: He's to buy you one if he's wrong. :aok:

I've suddenly got cold feet 😂😂😂

28-07-2017, 12:33 PM
The temperature is rising.

Haymaker
28-07-2017, 12:33 PM
5pm

:hyper :hyper

greenpaper55
28-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Can't go to US a felon.

A side splitter that one

alihibs1
28-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Watching this transfer saga unfold is so interesting. One day people are really confident then the next people are doubting it.

snooky
28-07-2017, 12:36 PM
:hyper :hyper

:bye: Hi Andy

hibee_nation
28-07-2017, 12:42 PM
James Connelly spellchecker to blame. Think he said psycho got changed to physio. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
28-07-2017, 01:00 PM
The spelling is correct.:greengrin

Only in my quote. Dinnae be daft.

GreenLake
28-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Can't go to US a felon.

No team would sign Stokes while Vegas is on the same continent.

Captain Trips
28-07-2017, 01:08 PM
..... .--. --

BlackSheep
28-07-2017, 01:11 PM
..... .--. --

Getting old now!!!

flash
28-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Would be magnificently ironic if he were to sign today as there hasn't been a peep from those who had him signed and sealed about a week ago.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-07-2017, 01:14 PM
..... .--. --

Atrocious grammar in anyone's book!

As an aside the plaque in London commemorating Morse - rather disappointlying is not also translated into code :(

Brightside
28-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Would be magnificently ironic if he were to sign today as there hasn't been a peep from those who had him signed and sealed about a week ago.

Ive yet to see anyone say it was signed and sealed. You may also want to work on the use of the word Ironic.

BlackSheep
28-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Ive yet to see anyone say it was signed and sealed. You may also want to work on the use of the word Ironic.

Surely its ironic if he signs today when those who are supposedly in the know havent predicted it..... no?

Brightside
28-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Surely its ironic if he signs today when those who are supposedly in the know havent predicted it..... no?

no. its about as Ironic as that Alanis Morrisette song.

flash
28-07-2017, 01:31 PM

Ironic works for me.

Thecat23
28-07-2017, 01:34 PM

Mate don't bother replying, many on here choking it falls through as they hate anyone knowing any info at all. I know couple of guys on here who don't post about transfers for this very reason.

BlackSheep
28-07-2017, 01:34 PM
no. its about as Ironic as that Alanis Morrisette song.

Hmmmm..

"happening in a way contrary to what is expected"

Stokes signing today when those in the know have not commented on it or predicted it today..... that would be contrary to what they expected, which was that they expected him to sign LAST week!!!

All this is beside the point.....

C'mon Stokes put this all to rest.

wpj
28-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Atrocious grammar in anyone's book!

As an aside the plaque in London commemorating Morse - rather disappointlying is not also translated into code :(

There's a smaller one next to it commemorating Lewis but it gets less attention.

NOLA
28-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Is this the longest transfer will he won't he saga ever? Gzus

flash
28-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Mate don't bother replying, many on here choking it falls through as they hate anyone knowing any info at all. I know couple of guys on here who don't post about transfers for this very reason.

Nobody wants it to fall through. I personally am a wee bit fed up with people who clearly don't know half as much as they claim to.

Thecat23
28-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Nobody wants it to fall through. I personally am a wee bit fed up with people who clearly don't know half as much as they claim to.

Then hit ignore button and you want need to see it.

CockneyRebel
28-07-2017, 01:44 PM
There's a smaller one next to it commemorating Lewis but it gets less attention.

Didn't realise Stevenson was that well known down south.

flash
28-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Then hit ignore button and you want need to see it.

Nah I have never ignored anyone on here. It's all part of the fun of the forum just as me moaning about it is.
In the bigger scheme of things it's not really that important whether I believe it or not.