PDA

View Full Version : Stokesy

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

KWJ
24-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Sheep are already pretty well covered with Rooney, Stockley, Maynard and thon young fella that bagged a hatty. Is the ex ICT boy not still there too?

I'm backing a Wednesday announcement. 1pm.

BlackSheep
24-07-2017, 11:38 AM
The lad is coming home lads. Don't worry about the sheep!

Would love to see it officially before I get my hopes up.

Pete70
24-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Sheep are already pretty well covered with Rooney, Stockley, Maynard and thon young fella that bagged a hatty. Is the ex ICT boy not still there too?

I'll go for 10am tomorrow along with Slivka. It'll boost ticket sales for the Arbroath match

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-07-2017, 12:01 PM

I'll go for 10am tomorrow along with Slivka. It'll boost ticket sales for the Arbroath match

Na. 1 today, 1 tomorrow i reckon.

Both in the squad for the Alloa game

1van Sprou7e
24-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Na. 1 today, 1 tomorrow i reckon.

Both in the squad for the Alloa game

Doubt it, won't both need international clearance first?

I think we will announce one or both before that is sorted

CallumLaidlaw
24-07-2017, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=GreenNWhiteArmy;5112442]

Doubt it, won't both need international clearance first?

I think we will announce one or both before that is sorted

Alloa is Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
24-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Alloa is Saturday.

Ah fair play thought it was Wednesday for some reason

CallumLaidlaw
24-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Ah fair play thought it was Wednesday for some reason

Arbroath tomorrow night first [emoji106]

BarneyHibby
24-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Hibs gaffer Neil Lennon wants Anthony Stokes to sign on dotted line and rediscover form at Easter Road.

Neil Lennon has urged Anthony Stokes to take up the Hibernian deal on the table and set about rediscovering his best form.

The Easter Road boss revealed last week he had made the former Celtic striker a "strong offer" to return to Leith.

The Irishman helped Hibs win the Scottish Cup 15 months ago but since then his career has gone into a nose dive.

He signed for Blackburn last summer but has started just four games for Rovers, with his Ewood stint dogged by off-field issues before being released last week.

But his former Parkhead manager, Lennon , believes that with those personal problems now behind him, he can transform Stokes - who turns 29 on Tuesday - back into the feared frontman he was during his Celtic days.

"I'm trying to bring him in because I think he's a good player," said Lennon. "He's won championships, he's won cups and I think his best performances have come when he's played in Scotland whether it be here, Falkirk or Celtic.

"So it's an environment that he's very comfortable in and can prosper in.

"I can't comment on his personal issues but the majority of those issues are resolved and behind him now.

"It's important that he gets back playing football. He's 28-29 now. He has a bit to prove to people but I believe he has qualities that will enhance us.

"If we can get the deal done then great, if we can't we move on.

"But I do think his best years came under me at Celtic so I think that will certainly work in my favour."

Lennon is also keeping a slot in his squad free for another of his former Hoops stars Kris Commons.

The 33-year-old - who is currently recovering from back surgery - says he will only take up the option if he can regain the strength required to make a mark for Hibs.

But Lennon insists the ex-Scotland international is far from finished at the top level.

He said: "Kris is a very proud individual. He knows there's an interest from us - but nothing more than that.

"He has to prove his fitness. He knows himself, it's a back operation - it's going to keep him out for a couple of months but it's not career threatening.

"I still think he has plenty of football in him. When he came here last season he wasn't fit but still scored two goals in five appearances. If he comes through the op okay and can get himself back up to full speed then he will be an asset to any club.

"But it will be Kris' decision whether he signs ultimately."

Meanwhile, Lennon confirmed Deivydas Matulevicius will miss Tuesday night's Betfred Cup clash with Arbroath as Hibs are still waiting on international clearance from the Belgian FA following his move from Royal Mouscron.

However, his Lithuania team-mate Vykintas Slivka is due to complete a season-long loan from Juventus this week.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-gaffer-neil-lennon-wants-10862237

Baw187
24-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Hibs gaffer Neil Lennon wants Anthony Stokes to sign on dotted line and rediscover form at Easter Road.

Neil Lennon has urged Anthony Stokes to take up the Hibernian deal on the table and set about rediscovering his best form.

The Easter Road boss revealed last week he had made the former Celtic striker a "strong offer" to return to Leith.

The Irishman helped Hibs win the Scottish Cup 15 months ago but since then his career has gone into a nose dive.

He signed for Blackburn last summer but has started just four games for Rovers, with his Ewood stint dogged by off-field issues before being released last week.

But his former Parkhead manager, Lennon , believes that with those personal problems now behind him, he can transform Stokes - who turns 29 on Tuesday - back into the feared frontman he was during his Celtic days.

"I'm trying to bring him in because I think he's a good player," said Lennon. "He's won championships, he's won cups and I think his best performances have come when he's played in Scotland whether it be here, Falkirk or Celtic.

"So it's an environment that he's very comfortable in and can prosper in.

"I can't comment on his personal issues but the majority of those issues are resolved and behind him now.

"It's important that he gets back playing football. He's 28-29 now. He has a bit to prove to people but I believe he has qualities that will enhance us.

"If we can get the deal done then great, if we can't we move on.

"But I do think his best years came under me at Celtic so I think that will certainly work in my favour."

Lennon is also keeping a slot in his squad free for another of his former Hoops stars Kris Commons.

The 33-year-old - who is currently recovering from back surgery - says he will only take up the option if he can regain the strength required to make a mark for Hibs.

But Lennon insists the ex-Scotland international is far from finished at the top level.

He said: "Kris is a very proud individual. He knows there's an interest from us - but nothing more than that.

"He has to prove his fitness. He knows himself, it's a back operation - it's going to keep him out for a couple of months but it's not career threatening.

"I still think he has plenty of football in him. When he came here last season he wasn't fit but still scored two goals in five appearances. If he comes through the op okay and can get himself back up to full speed then he will be an asset to any club.

"But it will be Kris' decision whether he signs ultimately."

Meanwhile, Lennon confirmed Deivydas Matulevicius will miss Tuesday night's Betfred Cup clash with Arbroath as Hibs are still waiting on international clearance from the Belgian FA following his move from Royal Mouscron.

However, his Lithuania team-mate Vykintas Slivka is due to complete a season-long loan from Juventus this week.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-gaffer-neil-lennon-wants-10862237

Good update on proceedings! Wish we could have got Bob in on a permanent deal though rather than a loan. He looks a prospect.

seanoheimhin
24-07-2017, 02:44 PM
I know things can be more complicated than they seem from the outside, so maybe there's a fair reason for the hold-up.

But given Lennon's public comments urging Stokes to sign, I can't help but feel he's not really jumping at the chance to come back.

Certainly seems like he'll end up here, just sounds as though he's taken a lot of convincing

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Good update but have to say on the Stokes signing it's left me feeling a bit less confident...sounds like he still hasn't decided

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lago
24-07-2017, 03:03 PM
:top marks
Good update but have to say on the Stokes signing it's left me feeling a bit less confident...sounds like he still hasn't decided

Heedersnvolleys
24-07-2017, 03:06 PM
I know things can be more complicated than they seem from the outside, so maybe there's a fair reason for the hold-up.

But given Lennon's public comments urging Stokes to sign, I can't help but feel he's not really jumping at the chance to come back.

Certainly seems like he'll end up here, just sounds as though he's taken a lot of convincing
I think he will sign as soon as preseason is finished😜Above all that

Haymaker
24-07-2017, 03:21 PM
:hyper

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 03:23 PM
I think he will sign as soon as preseason is finished[emoji12]Above all thatCan we give him that long tho mate?? I would say NO - we need an answer this week or else we should start exploring other options IMO ...yes he's a legend but if he doesn't want to be here...all conjecture of course and if he signs id be delighted

BlackSheep
24-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Can we give him that long tho mate?? I would say NO - we need an answer this week or else we should start exploring other options IMO ...yes he's a legend but if he doesn't want to be here...all conjecture of course and if he signs id be delighted

I agree.... and while some will say it's not like we are unable to to look at alternatives, it is unlikely that Lennon will take on trialists if they are not gonna get signed if Stokes says yes.

So much for we will know by the weekend as stated last week... all by the media I know but goes to show that u can't believe what u read eh!

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I agree.... and while some will say it's not like we are unable to to look at alternatives, it is unlikely that Lennon will take on trialists if they are not gonna get signed if Stokes says yes.

So much for we will know by the weekend as stated last week... all by the media I know but goes to show that u can't believe what u read eh!Yes we can look at other targets but I'm pretty sure Stokesy will take up a fair bit of budget so we can't progress these deals whilst we are waiting about on an answer.

Heisenberg
24-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Looks like Lenny is trying to nudge Stokes/Stokes' agent along a bit to get an answer. We really do need it sorted soon.

BlackSheep
24-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Wonder if he is just enjoying the extended break 😊

J-C
24-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Personally I think it's time to tell him either sign the deal or **** off, he knows our budget and what we can afford, stop playing silly beggars sign or we look elsewhere.

CmoantheHibs
24-07-2017, 05:08 PM
:na na:
Personally I think it's time to tell him either sign the deal or **** off, he knows our budget and what we can afford, stop playing silly beggars sign or we look elsewhere.

Hardly time yet. Has he not just negotiated his release? Surely makes sense to wait a wee bit to allow negotiors to develop. I'm sure those doing the negotiations will realise if its time to move on. Most indications seem to indicate that both parties are interested in the deal happening.

Brightside
24-07-2017, 05:11 PM

Almost there.....

TheGreenMan
24-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Almost there.....

You think it'll be announced this week?

ALF TUPPER
24-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Almost there.....

👍🏻

Brightside
24-07-2017, 05:15 PM
You think it'll be announced this week?

Yes.

IainA
24-07-2017, 05:21 PM

I think you are right. If it's taking him so long to decide to rejoin us or go to Cyprus or somewhere else abroad (follow the money!!!) then don't bother! We need committed players not journeymen.
GGTTH :flag:

Souter96Mac
24-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Yes.

Good to hear, I've been pretty confident that Stokesy will join, and im also confident that SJM will remain a hibs player as well - keep the faith folk!

Callum_62
24-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Almost there.....

Is a contractual issue holding this up? [emoji57]

Vini1875
24-07-2017, 05:30 PM
I am sure these things are more complex than a simple

"Do you want to play for Hibs?"
"Aye, how much are the wages?"
"Two grand a week."
"Make it three and I'll sign right now."
"OK, done. Three it is."

Steven Whittaker wanted to come here and look how long that took.

matty_f
24-07-2017, 05:32 PM

2 goals in the cup final when we won the thing. I'll wait for him.

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Yes.My fears are calmed then - thanks mate [emoji106][emoji122]

Archie89
24-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Almost there.....

Me too

kaimendhibs
24-07-2017, 05:40 PM
2 goals in the cup final when we won the thing. I'll wait for him.Me too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
24-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Relax folks, just paperwork getting sorted. He's coming and again told couple of the players this over the w'end. These things can take couple of days!

Heisenberg
24-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Relax folks, just paperwork getting sorted. He's coming and again told couple of the players this over the w'end. These things can take couple of days!

Neil Lennon doesn't seem to be that relaxed about it :greengrin

ancient hibee
24-07-2017, 06:04 PM

Not sure he'll fit into our style:greengrin

Onion
24-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Personally, would prefer to give this living Legend the time he needs to consider the offer, and be glad that someone of his calibre is seriously considering coming to Hibs.

Hibs might stop short of telling him to **** off :rolleyes:

SanFranHibs
24-07-2017, 06:08 PM

I believed your information last week when you said this :)

Nice work TC.

Waxy
24-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Stoksey Davy Matt and Murray a good strikeforce

coco22
24-07-2017, 06:14 PM
TheCat...keeping sheets dry across the land. I have not pished the bed since your last info on Stokesy and believe you have played the pampers card again! Cheers bud

Thecat23
24-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Neil Lennon doesn't seem to be that relaxed about it :greengrin

Until he's "officially" signed Lennon will keep the cards close to his chest. 😉

But as things stand right now it's all moving forward.

staunchhibby
In cat we trust😉😉

Thecat23
TheCat...keeping sheets dry across the land. I have not pished the bed since your last info on Stokesy and believe you have played the pampers card again! Cheers bud

I'm running out of them, he better sign by wed 😁

snooky
24-07-2017, 06:23 PM

FFS, he's signing for Sheffield Wednesday now? Make up your mind, man.

:wink:

Thecat23
24-07-2017, 06:25 PM
FFS, he's signing for Sheffield Wednesday now? Make up your mind, man.

:wink:

Don't this will become fact on here 😂

coco22
24-07-2017, 06:26 PM

😂Just need to use your litter tray if it drags on!

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 06:27 PM
TheCat...keeping sheets dry across the land. I have not pished the bed since your last info on Stokesy and believe you have played the pampers card again! Cheers bud[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]brilliant top marks [emoji122][emoji122]

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Don't this will become fact on here [emoji23]Be in the Daily Ranger 1st thing 2moro...a Keith JacksHUN exclusive [emoji23][emoji23]

Smartie
24-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Almost there.....

Is it time for the picture of Daffy Duck at the "almost there" stage?

Thecat23
24-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Be in the Daily Ranger 1st thing 2moro...a Keith JacksHUN exclusive [emoji23][emoji23]

That wouldn't shock me if it was with the ***** he's written before 😂

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2017, 06:39 PM
That wouldn't shock me if it was with the ***** he's written before [emoji23]Too true TC

Mick O'Rourke
24-07-2017, 06:47 PM
I like others waited all my long(ish) life to witness The Exuberance Final.

I can wait another few days for Anthony to return to The Holy Ground.

Really looking forward to the new campaign,after being "downstairs" for 3 seasons.

I do not get to every game nowadays for health/mobility reasons.
However, i will get to as many as i possibly can,home and away (bar Ibrox)

cleanyman
24-07-2017, 07:04 PM
The Cat has spoken.

Its no happening then.

Thecat23
24-07-2017, 07:09 PM
The Cat has spoken.

Its no happening then.

Correct, he's away to Hearts instead!

nonshinyfinish
24-07-2017, 07:11 PM
2 goals in the cup final when we won the thing. I'll wait for him.

OMG it wasn't a dream! :faint:

Haymaker
24-07-2017, 07:21 PM

matty_f
24-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Sorry, I meant Stokesy.

Zazu62
24-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Stoksey Davy Matt and Murray a good strikeforce

Think we will bring in another 1

SaulGoodman
24-07-2017, 07:26 PM

It's alright I had a dream that I scored a diving header to win the cup a couple days before the 2012 final, the only diving header I took that day was down the steps at hampden

SirDavidsNapper
24-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Good things come to those that wait. Those who don't end up with Lafferty.

SteveHFC
24-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Is it time for the picture of Daffy Duck at the "almost there" stage?

Daffy is on hoiday in tenerife working up a sweat

hibs#1
24-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Daffy is on hoiday in tenerife working up a sweat

Randy marsh then?

Haymaker
24-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Randy marsh then?

The gif thread is going to be amazing once he signs :hyper

SteveHFC
24-07-2017, 07:40 PM
The gif thread is going to be amazing once he signs :hyper

Soon as it's confirmed. The thread will be started. :hyper

RossScott1991
24-07-2017, 07:56 PM
I hope Stokes will see sense in the end. He can't be short of a few bob from money made in his career soo far. We are giving him the platform to play in the Premiership in big matches week in and out. He's 28-29, its his last chance to play at the top of his game. Not only that he will be moving to a club where he is a living and breathing legend. He deserves the keys to easter road as far as I'm concerned along with all others involved in 21/05/2016 - Imagine being the guy who scored 2 and put in a man of the match performance in the cup final to end 114 years of pain. He was a man on a mission that day, he woke up that morning and decided even if 10 others in a green jersey didn't perform he'd do his best to deliver the trophy on his own. Imagine then returning to that very club to play infront of a packed Easter Road to 15,000 fans who worship you, singing your name. He will now no longer find a connection with any other clubs supporters for rest of his life. If he is human he will want to experience returning to play for that club, even if it is for 1 season. Come home Stokesy.

The_Horde
24-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Reported asked Lennon if he's bringing him in because he feels he knows how he plays etc.

Lennon replied "we're bringing him in.. sorry trying to bring him in because he's a good player"

Read into that what you like..

nonshinyfinish
24-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Sorry, I meant Stokesy.

:boo hoo:

Haymaker
24-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Soon as it's confirmed. The thread will be started. :hyper

Foritza
24-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Anthony Stokes is only 28 and is looking for his last big pay day.He is obviously stalling/ waiting to see what comes his way He now knows what is on offer from Hibs and will be playing the field, That's life. He who Dares Wins.

Bay Area Hibees
24-07-2017, 08:36 PM
I have no info but wouldn't surprise me if he wants bigger pay day than what we can offer. Nothing wrong with that. He may have felt return at 33 would make more sense.
But may be better offer not on cards. Just hope he's fully up for it and don't tarnish his hero reputation.
For some reason I can't see him ending his career with assuming me joins now.
Regardless hope we get him !

snooky
24-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Reported asked Lennon if he's bringing him in because he feels he knows how he plays etc.

Lennon replied "we're bringing him in.. sorry trying to bring him in because he's a good player"

Read into that what you like..

Two ways - either a) he's confident it's a done deal apart from the pen to paper bit OR b) or he just corrected a genuine slip of the tongue

JimboHibs
24-07-2017, 09:28 PM
I hope Stokes will see sense in the end. He can't be short of a few bob from money made in his career soo far. We are giving him the platform to play in the Premiership in big matches week in and out. He's 28-29, its his last chance to play at the top of his game. Not only that he will be moving to a club where he is a living and breathing legend. He deserves the keys to easter road as far as I'm concerned along with all others involved in 21/05/2016 - Imagine being the guy who scored 2 and put in a man of the match performance in the cup final to end 114 years of pain. He was a man on a mission that day, he woke up that morning and decided even if 10 others in a green jersey didn't perform he'd do his best to deliver the trophy on his own. Imagine then returning to that very club to play infront of a packed Easter Road to 15,000 fans who worship you, singing your name. He will now no longer find a connection with any other clubs supporters for rest of his life. If he is human he will want to experience returning to play for that club, even if it is for 1 season. Come home Stokesy.

I get your desperate for Stokes to sign but I don't think for one minute he'll be thinking oh I've possibly made a few bob and this will be the last chance for me to play at the top of my game 🙄

Ken
24-07-2017, 09:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170724/cfeb7c4d9e29f989d6a8be3b1e3e7d43.gif

scoopyboy
24-07-2017, 10:13 PM

That's the only bit I'm not so sure about in your otherwise excellent post.

ancient hibee
24-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Maybe he wants a big contribution towards his payment to Elvis.

allezsauzee
24-07-2017, 10:22 PM
There seems to be an assumption that this is about Stokes dragging his feet rather than Hibs not giving him a realistic offer for a player of his class. He's been on decent money before, he's negotiated a termination of his contract at Blackburn, he's not going to sign for buttons so I hope Hibs aren't hoping that giving him a lowball offer and hoping that if Lennon says how great they are together enough that he'll go for it.

Big90inOz
24-07-2017, 10:27 PM
To be honest I have never been convinced this is the correct signing for us, he was great on the cup final day but that same determination wasn't there for many of the other games

This has been dragging on for weeks now, if he wants to sign then it should have happened quickly after his release from Blackburn. Now its dragging on more and the season proper is rapidly approaching, if he isn't committed ( and that seems likely) we need to find someone who is committed and wants to play for our club.

BigT-Hibeez
24-07-2017, 10:27 PM
https://youtu.be/JMOg0n_rVnA

Smartie
24-07-2017, 10:30 PM
To be honest I have never been convinced this is the correct signing for us, he was great on the cup final day but that same determination wasn't there for many of the other games

This has been dragging on for weeks now, if he wants to sign then it should have happened quickly after his release from Blackburn. Now its dragging on more and the season proper is rapidly approaching, if he isn't committed ( and that seems likely) we need to find someone who is committed and wants to play for our club.

I don't agree with this.

There was no lack of determination or work rate at any point.

He wasn't anywhere near match fit when he arrived, it took him a while to find form and other than the cup final we'd probably all say it didn't work out how we wanted during that loan spell.

But it wasn't for the lack of trying. He was committed all right.

With the right partner, he could be very successful for us.

Vault Boy
24-07-2017, 10:33 PM
The thing about signing quality players who will have plenty of options elsewhere is that it takes time. Another thing about signing quality players is that they're worth the wait and whether they're signed on the 1st of July or the 31st of August, they improve the team for the season ahead.

I'm delighted that we're going after players who have tough choices to make about their future because it means they've shown a level of ability that warrants interest from multiple clubs. It's ambitious, exciting and positive - things that are more pertinent than the bit of impatience caused by extended negotiations.

Good things come those who wait.

BarneyHibby
24-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Nothing new. But this article has some interesting points. :agree:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1326878/neil-lennon-anthony-stokes-perfect-match-hibs/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

MATCHMAKER Neil Lennon insists that former Celtic star Anthony Stokes is the perfect match for Hibs

Lennon revealed he is waiting on paperwork from Italy to finalise the capture of Juventus midfielder Vykintas Slivka.

The Lithuania international is set to complete a season-loan deal and Lenny is doing all he can to ensure Stokes joins him.

Republic of Ireland striker Stokes is a Hibees legend after his double in their historic 2016 Scottish Cup win and the Leith outfit have made him a ‘very, very good offer’ as he ponders his future after leaving Blackburn (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1314500/blackburn-rovers-release-hibs-hero-anthony-stokes-paving-the-way-for-a-return-to-easter-road/).

Lennon said: “We have left it with Anthony. It is his decision.

“We’re certainly not holding a gun to his head at the minute — although I might eventually if he doesn’t hurry up!

“If I was him, I would be coming here.

“He knows he’s a hero after the Scottish Cup Final and he knows the management team and the majority of the players.

“He knows we can get the best out of him.

“At this juncture of his career, I think he needs to play, and play for a club that wants him and for a manager who knows him inside out; someone who can deal with all his little issues, because we’ve all had them!”

Lennon coached and managed Stokes at Celtic (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14914/celtic/) and is convinced he can help him return to his top form.

Speaking ahead of tonight’s Betfred Cup tie with Arbroath, he added: “If you look at his performance in the Cup final, it shows he’s a big game player and he likes the big games.

“It really floats his boat.

“Coming here there would be plenty of big games to get his teeth in to. Whether he would get that pressurised situation elsewhere, I don’t know.

“He’s happy here. He was pretty happy at Celtic as well. Certainly in Scotland, he’s at his happiest.

“He needs to get back to playing. He’s well out of the Republic of Ireland fold now.

“Possibly he could come again for that but he needs to find the right environment.”

Lennon is also keen to snap up former Celtic and Scotland star Kris Commons once he recovers from a back operation (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1323881/hibs-neil-lennon-kris-commons/).

He is so excited at the prospect of Slivka, 22, joining international team-mate Deivydas Matulevicius.

He said: “We are waiting for clearance from Juventus now to get the deal completed.

“He wants to come here and tactically he is a very good player.

“He is athletic, two-footed and has an eye for goal.

“He covers the ground very well and looks very composed on the ball.”

Paul Hanlon is unlikely to be risked against Arbroath but could be in line to face Alloa this weekend after recovering from a pelvic injury.

Baw187
24-07-2017, 10:42 PM
I don't agree with this.

He wasn't anywhere near match fit when he arrived, it took him a while to find form and other than the cup final we'd probably all say it didn't work out how we wanted during that loan spell.

I thought that the last 2 months of the season, Stokes was excellent, and was unfortunate not to score more readily.

His link up play and workrate were 2nd to none. If anything you could see him getting frustrated with Jason as I think Jas wasn't on the same wavelength half the time.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Doesn't look like hes in any great rush to sign

Brightside
24-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Its like Whittaker Ground Hog day.

SaulGoodman
24-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Its like Whittaker Ground Hog day.

As long as it ends the same way, I'm happy.

Smartie
24-07-2017, 10:51 PM
I thought that the last 2 months of the season, Stokes was excellent, and was unfortunate not to score more readily.

His link up play and workrate were 2nd to none. If anything you could see him getting frustrated with Jason as I think Jas wasn't on the same wavelength half the time.

Totally agree.

Stokes was knocking his pan in for us.

The partnership with Jason didn't really work for whatever reason, that's why Stokes' second spell wasn't more successful.

I suppose it was still successful enough though.

jacomo
24-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Totally agree.

Stokes was knocking his pan in for us.

The partnership with Jason didn't really work for whatever reason, that's why Stokes' second spell wasn't more successful.

I suppose it was still successful enough though.

I'm concerned that, like last time, Stokes has barely been playing and will need time to get sharp.

Of course he delivered in spades when it mattered most... but still.

Let's hope he signs soon and gets to work.

Big90inOz
24-07-2017, 11:01 PM
I don't agree with this.

The million dollar question is- does he want to be here. it doesn't look like it unless he has no other options. How long do we give him ? Wait until the last week and pull in a stop gap ?

snooky
24-07-2017, 11:20 PM
As long as it ends the same way, I'm happy.

:agree: "It's deja vu all over again" - Yogi Berra

Jim44
24-07-2017, 11:30 PM
The million dollar question is- does he want to be here. it doesn't look like it unless he has no other options. How long do we give him ? Wait until the last week and pull in a stop gap ?

No way, give him a few more days then drop it and take time to look for a good alternative. Forget about stop gaps.

snooky
24-07-2017, 11:36 PM
No way, give him a few more days then drop it and take time to look for a good alternative. Forget about stop gaps.

To be fair, we should be looking for quality players all the time. If not, then we deserve all we get if we get caught short from losing one target.

basehibby
24-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Come on Stokesy and sign on the dotted line ..... :I'm waiti:cb:agree:

24-07-2017, 11:43 PM
He’s just timing it so he makes his debut at Ibrox. Calm down it’s all planned.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 12:21 AM

Why would he do that? He needs training and games. Tomorrow, and Saturday then a week on Saturday would be ideal preparation for him playing at Ibrox, an unfit Stokes is no good to us against them, we need every advantage we can get.

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2017, 12:31 AM
Why would he do that? He needs training and games. Tomorrow, and Saturday then a week on Saturday would be ideal preparation for him playing at Ibrox, an unfit Stokes is no good to us against them, we need every advantage we can get.
Hmmm

Haymaker
25-07-2017, 12:42 AM

greenlex
25-07-2017, 02:36 AM

Maybe he just wants a couple of weeks more holiday instead of training and playing diddy teams.

lucky
25-07-2017, 06:23 AM
It's his right to see what's available to him just like it's up to Hibs to withdraw the offer and move onto other targets. There's no doubt Stokes would be a great signing but I'm sure Hibs have alternative options if he decide to try something else. How long Hibs give him is up to Lennon

Callum_62
25-07-2017, 06:46 AM
Believe it when i see a pic of him photoshopped into training gear in the east mains barn

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2017, 06:57 AM
If we have made him an offer it's about time he made a decision one way or another can't be ersed with all this hanging about. Plenty of players out there.

edwards
25-07-2017, 07:09 AM
I don't agree with this.

This has become so tedious, he has been trying to get released from Blackburn for quite a while now which has alerted lots of clubs who might be interested as there Isn't a fee attached. He definately would be a success if he came to the club.

Lancs Harp
25-07-2017, 07:15 AM

I trust Mordor has its fire certificate up to date. :wink:

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 07:38 AM
People who are suggesting we drop our interest and Stokes and work on an alternative:

How quickly do you think we could get this alternative in?
What drop in quality would we be taking to get an alternative done quickly?

ancient hibee
25-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Blackburn desperately needed a goalscorer last season but Stokes couldn't get a look in.This will be well noted down south so I imagine clubs will be very wary of offering a lot of money to a player who has been pretty unreliable with off field issues.Perhaps he should sign for us while he has the chance.

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Lot of unnecessary panicking on this thread...a couple of reliable posters have told us they are confident he is signing...Lennon is discussing him openly in the press (which he never does about transfer targets)...calm doon guys ...its happening

mjhibby
25-07-2017, 08:20 AM

If he gets a partnership going with davey and Simon Murray joins in the act then there will be a few nervous defences in the SPL this season. His performance in the cup final was simply sublime and reminded me of the stokes in his first spell when he at times unstoppable. We had to win the cup as that would have been a travesty given his amazing performance that great day. No pressure when/if he returns.

mjhibby
25-07-2017, 08:30 AM
I just wonder if he feels pressure coming back to us thinking we will be expecting the stokes of the cup final.

SteveHFC
25-07-2017, 08:49 AM

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 08:50 AM
I just wonder if he feels pressure coming back to us thinking we will be expecting the stokes of the cup final.

I doubt it

25-07-2017, 08:55 AM

Uhhhh I was joking

LancsHibs
25-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Well I'm expecting the Stokes of the cup final, please.

MikeyS
25-07-2017, 09:08 AM

I don't think he's type of guy that lets pressure get to him.

the 2 best performances I've seen from him have both been in Scottish Cup finals involving Hibs. He'll come in confident of getting goals, and loads of them too I reckon.

yonder1875
25-07-2017, 09:57 AM
I don't think he's type of guy that lets pressure get to him.

the 2 best performances I've seen from him have both been in Scottish Cup finals involving Hibs. He'll come in confident of getting goals, and loads of them too I reckon.

He'll of course bring goals but it's everything else that he brings too which makes him a class act - his link up play and footballing brain we're a level up from JC when they were a partnership.

Brightside
25-07-2017, 10:03 AM
It would be nice if they announced it on his birthday.

SaulGoodman
25-07-2017, 10:07 AM

But that's today..

Hmmm

Coults1875
25-07-2017, 10:13 AM

I get excited every time i see an underscore post on this thread :greengrin

HibbyAndy
25-07-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think he will sign.

alihibs1
25-07-2017, 10:19 AM
I don't think he will sign.Why?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
25-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Why?

Just a hunch ,Have no info at all just seems to be dragging on

Big_Franck
25-07-2017, 10:25 AM
I don't think he will sign.

Me neither. At 29 I think he'll go for one last big pay cheque at some crappy bottom of the table championship or league 1 English club. He'll then want to sign for us in his early 30s when he's barely scored a goal since the cup final. Hope i'm wrong though.

scuttle
25-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Dragging on as did the Whittaker deal:wink:

staunchhibby
25-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Did he not say to Mowbray he wanted back to Scotland???

HibbyAndy
25-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Dragging on as did the Whittaker deal:wink:

True :greengrin I did call it though ;-)

1van Sprou7e
25-07-2017, 10:31 AM
I'm confident he'll sign, these things can take time

Ronniekirk

Its not long since he had his contract terminated by Blackburn So while he clearly knew of Hibs interest and thete may have been discussions it will only be recently that the fine detsils of the proposed deal to bring him back will have been finalised so wont give up on this one just yet

My old man

You bloody tease UNDERSCORE
GGTTH

Smartie
25-07-2017, 11:00 AM

A Hibs top birthday cake, 29 candles giving off a crazy amount of smoke and Stokes standing there with his finger pointing.

That's the only way to announce this signing.

E10 Rifle
25-07-2017, 11:08 AM
29 candles giving off a crazy amount of smoke

Stokey's (cake's) on fire

thebausburst
25-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Agree with other posters it's not looking good now, Lennon talking about picking up the phone and good offer etc doesn't sound good. Meanwhile Ross County just signed Barry McKay, would have been good for us I recon.

Famous Fiver
25-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Is that Billy's brother?

DTS
25-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Agree with other posters it's not looking good now, Lennon talking about picking up the phone and good offer etc doesn't sound good. Meanwhile Ross County just signed Barry McKay, would have been good for us I recon.

Assuming you mean billie and that would be a player who scored 4 goals for the team that finished bottom last season. No thanks

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Agree with other posters it's not looking good now, Lennon talking about picking up the phone and good offer etc doesn't sound good. Meanwhile Ross County just signed Barry McKay, would have been good for us I recon.U trying to pour scorn on every thread mate?? Be patient he was only released on Fri from Blackburn FFS

Mckay or stokes?? I know who i would rather wait for

25-07-2017, 11:23 AM
I can't wait for this transfer window to be over.

thebausburst
25-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Assuming you mean billie and that would be a player who scored 4 goals for the team that finished bottom last season. No thanks

That's why he's available tho and within price range, if we're targeting Lithuanians with all due respect were operating further down the food chain and need to be realistic

keep the faith
25-07-2017, 11:28 AM

Haha!! It's not been that long. He was only released a couple of days ago!
You reckon we should snap up Billy McKay instead huh? 😂
This place is mental during the window.

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 11:28 AM
I can't wait for this transfer window to be over.

Agreed. Ironic though as if we can get Stokesy in and potentially another midfielder/winger too then it will have been a hugely successful window IMO - it all just feels like a complete drag however with the SW/AS sagas :faint:

Brightside
25-07-2017, 11:29 AM
That's why he's available tho and within price range, if we're targeting Lithuanians with all due respect were operating further down the food chain and need to be realistic

Lithuanians that are better than our national players? jesus laddie you are well named eh.

Haymaker
25-07-2017, 11:47 AM

alihibs1
25-07-2017, 11:47 AM
:hyperTease

Salt N Sauzee
25-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Stokes' car apparently parked up at East Mains today if this picture lifted from Facebook is to be believed:

Michael
25-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Stokes' car apparently parked up at East Mains today if this picture lifted from Facebook is to be believed:

It's a nice wee Corsa Stokes has.

Diclonius
25-07-2017, 12:08 PM
No inside info, but I reckon it's happening today.

alihibs1
25-07-2017, 12:09 PM
[emoji91][emoji91]

Salt N Sauzee
25-07-2017, 12:10 PM
It's a nice wee Corsa Stokes has.

Part of the 1.2 crew hanging around yer local McDonalds!!

ian cruise
25-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Can't believe he's parked so close to my car. If he scratches my white paint work I'll be raging.

Hope it can get confirmed today, just to add a little bit more calm to here if nothing else.

--------
25-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Can't believe he's parked so close to my car. If he scratches my white paint work I'll be raging.

Hope it can get confirmed today, just to add a little bit more calm to here if nothing else.

That Merc's YOURS??????????????????????? :cool2:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2017, 12:21 PM

Can't be. He has a fire engine.

IncredibleHibee
25-07-2017, 12:26 PM
🔥🔥🔥🔥😆😆

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Can't be. He has a fire engine.

Believe it enough to post it on your twitter

https://twitter.com/HFCTransferNews/status/889823177408483329

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2017, 12:28 PM

:cb

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Careful, someone might think you are judging players based on their nationality.

BegbieHSC
25-07-2017, 12:36 PM
https://twitter.com/laidlawjock/status/889824982632730624

Is it his car though, going by this pic?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Why am i being accused of running that account? There's no proof it's me. Getting quite boring of being accused of that now.

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 12:42 PM

How old is the picture?

How old is the car?

Pete70
25-07-2017, 12:43 PM

I'm not paying too much attention to the East Mains car story. The one Stokes is standing next to in the Twitter pic is a 4 door, the car at EM is a 2 door.

Beefster
25-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Why am i being accused of running that account? There's no proof it's me. Getting quite boring of being accused of that now.

I don't care who runs it but that's the weirdest non-denial I've seen on here for a while.

SteveHFC
25-07-2017, 12:44 PM

Does this mean I can start the gif thread :hyper

oneone73
I don't care who runs it but that's the weirdest non-denial I've seen on here for a while.

There's no proof that's a denial.

makaveli1875

its not even his car

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm not paying too much attention to the East Mains car story. The one Stokes is standing next to in the Twitter pic is a 4 door, the car at EM is a 2 door.

Was just about to post the same

Hibs90
25-07-2017, 12:49 PM

Good spot :tee hee:

Souter96Mac
25-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Obviously different cars. But when was that photo of Stokes taken? The 17 plate Merc could be a new car?... :hyper

stantonhibby
25-07-2017, 12:50 PM
I think I prefer the days when the first you heard about a new signing was on the back page of the Evening News.

Leithenhibby
25-07-2017, 12:51 PM
I think I prefer the days when the first you heard about a new signing was on the back page of the Evening News.

:agree:

That was exciting times for sure.......

GGTTH

Salt N Sauzee
25-07-2017, 12:51 PM
The person who posted the photo of the 2 door Merc on Facebook is saying that his sister is at East Mains and is insisting it's his car and that he's there. No one allowed in the main building apparently. See for yourselves: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442071502471897/permalink/1582413891770980/

keep the faith
25-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Prob best just make it clear it's not your account then to save all the accusations.

Lago
25-07-2017, 12:54 PM
:aok:

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 01:00 PM
I think I prefer the days when the first you heard about a new signing was on the back page of the Evening News.Jeez I miss those days....and getting a Pink News at 6 on a sat night

MacGruber
25-07-2017, 01:03 PM

He's maybe had to downsize to pay Elvis?

DTS
25-07-2017, 01:10 PM

What on earth does "if we're targeting Lithuanians mean" good football players are what we're targeting no matter of their country of birth? I'd suggest bringing a player on loan from juventus will represent better value than signing a player unable to hold a starting place at the team that finished bottom. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of you're ridiculous opinion as everyone's entitled to one

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 01:11 PM
What on earth does "if we're targeting Lithuanians mean" good football players are what we're targeting no matter of their country of birth? I'd suggest bringing a player on loan from juventus will represent better value than signing a player unable to hold a starting place at the team that finished bottom. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of you're ridiculous opinion as everyone's entitled to oneWell said that man [emoji122][emoji122]

Ozyhibby
25-07-2017, 01:14 PM
The person who posted the photo of the 2 door Merc on Facebook is saying that his sister is at East Mains and is insisting it's his car and that he's there. No one allowed in the main building apparently. See for yourselves: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442071502471897/permalink/1582413891770980/

I was at East Mains the day they signed Farid and they do lock everything down. No idea about stokes though.

Bob1875
25-07-2017, 01:14 PM

What a statement that is, guaranteed Brexit voter

lucky
25-07-2017, 01:17 PM

What country should we be targeting? Surely if the manager deems them good enough then that should be enough. I don't think anyone in Scottish football can try to be snobby over which country players come from especially after recent European results never mind the national team

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 01:20 PM

That is a private group.

Thecat23
25-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Eh? There are plenty good players all over the world. I remember one of Hibs best ever players coming from a place called Trinidad. In fact right now the standard of Scottish players isn't exactly great I'm glad Lennon is looking all over.

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 01:22 PM
That is a private group.

Works fine for me, must be for Hibs fans only.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 01:24 PM

I think you need to be realistic. Theres an automatic assumption between Hearts and Lithuanian players and how they're all crap. There must be loads of good players from there, If NL thinks they are good enough then thats good enough for me.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 01:24 PM

What are you suggesting?

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Eh? There are plenty good players all over the world. I remember one of Hibs best ever players coming from a place called Trinidad. In fact right now the standard of Scottish players isn't exactly great I'm glad Lennon is looking all over.

Rougier was good but I wouldn't say he was one of our best ever players.

Wilson
25-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Lyndon Andrews, mate.

nonshinyfinish
25-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Jesus, he's obviously meaning Lyndon Andrews.

Edit: too slow :(

HibbyAndy
25-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Jesus, he's obviously meaning Lyndon Andrews.

Earl Jean :agree:

Mikey
25-07-2017, 01:29 PM

:tee hee:

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Earl Jean :agree:

EJ was actually St Lucian

RoscoHibby
25-07-2017, 01:31 PM
One of the boys we're trying to get is from Juve. They don't sign rubbish players. The boys post does have a snobbish slightly racist undertone to it.

Point here is....whens he signing!! Bet you the royalties manager of the band gala is refreshing this page like mad as well!

🏆🇳🇬🔥

HibbyAndy
25-07-2017, 01:40 PM
EJ was actually St Lucian

Aye your right so he was :agree:

snooky
25-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Obviously different cars. But when was that photo of Stokes taken? The 17 plate Merc could be a new car?... :hyper

Maybe he bought it off Squirrel on the cheap? :dunno: :wink:

Lago
25-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Strkes me that the Stokes saga is all getting a bit desperate.

HoboHarry
25-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Maybe he bought it off Squirrel on the cheap? :dunno: :wink:
Ha, his girlfriend is from Eberdeen - no way she will let him sell it cheap.......

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Strkes me that the Stokes saga is all getting a bit desperate.

In what way?

He was released by Blackburn on Friday afternoon and is (apparently) in for talks with us on Tuesday afternoon.

Thecat23
25-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Lyndon Andrews, mate.

😁👍🏼

Captain Trips
25-07-2017, 01:55 PM
We are now trying to work out if this is his car I mean this is all getting mental.

Has nobody even hired a PI to follow him?

Lago
25-07-2017, 02:02 PM
In what way?

He was released by Blackburn on Friday afternoon and is (apparently) in for talks with us on Tuesday afternoon.
Where do you get Tues from ? Pure rumours nothing more, as I said a saga.

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Where do you get Tues from ? Pure rumours nothing more, as I said a saga.

Did you miss the apparently in brackets yeah?

You haven't explained what's desperate about the situation yet.

SirDavidsNapper
25-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Where's the guy that hides in the bushes at East Mains? Surely he can tell us if Stokes is there

Brightside
25-07-2017, 02:14 PM

There are very few countries in the world that don't have better players than Scotland tbh. I'm honestly struggling to think of any.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Where's the guy that hides in the bushes at East Mains? Surely he can tell us if Stokes is there

Don't think he posts on here, I don't think he likes this site to be honest.

Peevemor
25-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Don't think he posts on here, I don't think he likes this site to be honest.

He likes it enough to publish what's posted.

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 02:23 PM
He likes it enough to publish what's posted.

Yes I know, but he probably wouldn't be welcome on here as a poster.

hibee_nation
25-07-2017, 02:24 PM

:top marks

CapitalGreen

He does post on here and freely admits that he takes content from here for his FB group.

makaveli1875
There are very few countries in the world that don't have better players than Scotland tbh. I'm honestly struggling to think of any.

what about luxembourg .. oh wait :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 02:27 PM
He does post on here and freely admits that he takes content from here for his FB group.

Still waiting for you to answer my question??

Salt N Sauzee
25-07-2017, 02:28 PM

He left his FB group last month. Threw quite the strop!

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Still waiting for you to answer my question??

this one?

What are you suggesting?

Hibbyradge
25-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Do you run it?

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 02:44 PM
this one?

Yes, that one.

Bostonhibby
25-07-2017, 02:47 PM
He left his FB group last month. Threw quite the strop!Start of the high pollen count season. Last place you want to be is skulking around in the foliage[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
25-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Yes, that one.

😂

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 02:50 PM
I know people keep saying that Stokes has a different car - but if that car that's pictured is a 17 plate does that not mean it was only made/registered this year? (My car knowledge is limited but that's my understanding)

The car that Stokes was pictured beside was a year ago so very plausible it is his new car :aok:

Lago
25-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Did you miss the apparently in brackets yeah?

You haven't explained what's desperate about the situation yet.
So you don't know if he is in talks or not, desperate as it is going on & on & on (apparently).

Jim44
25-07-2017, 02:54 PM
I know people keep saying that Stokes has a different car - but if that car that's pictured is a 17 plate does that not mean it was only made/registered this year? (My car knowledge is limited but that's my understanding)

The car that Stokes was pictured beside was a year ago so very plausible it is his new car :aok:

Quite a few quid for the Elvis impersonator's debt collectors when they come calling.:greengrin

SaulGoodman
25-07-2017, 02:55 PM

The S at the start of the registration plate would indicate it was first registered in Scotland.

If we was playing for Blackburn at the time he bought it wouldn't it have an English plate.

Am I looking too much in to this. Definitely.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-07-2017, 02:58 PM
People need to relax - investigating numbet plates etc is a tad desperate.

It will take as long as it takes, amd it will be done when it is done.

Some folk are like impatient schoolgirls on here

CapitalGreen
So you don't know if he is in talks or not, desperate as it is going on & on & on (apparently).

He was only released on Friday afternoon.

Hermit Crab
😂

Completely and utterly hilarious. :rolleyes:

Sean1875
25-07-2017, 03:19 PM
The S at the start of the registration plate would indicate it was first registered in Scotland.

If we was playing for Blackburn at the time he bought it wouldn't it have an English plate.

Haha I think we both are - wishful thinking :boo hoo:

Ryan69
25-07-2017, 03:26 PM

The Hibs.net police have spoken.....

And there was me thinking its free for anyone to post.

andybev1
25-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Completely and utterly hilarious. :rolleyes:

If I may....I think I can answer it!

You need to register with the person who runs the FB site to be able to post so, although you do not actually need to be a Hibs fan, only a Hibs fan would probably register to post. So the poster was probably not accusing you of not being a Hibs but he was winding you up after the fact (IMO)

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:30 PM
The Hibs.net police have spoken.....

And there was me thinking its free for anyone to post.

It is, however taking things from here and posting it on Facebook and twitter then claiming its your own itk info is not the way forward. Thats what got peoples backs up.

Brightside
25-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Who has all those GIFs?

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:33 PM
If I may....I think I can answer it!

You need to register with the person who runs the FB site to be able to post so, although you do not actually need to be a Hibs fan, only a Hibs fan would probably register to post. So the poster was probably not accusing you of not being a Hibs but he was winding you up after the fact (IMO)

I don't find it funny, had this in the past and I've had enough of it.

Who has all those GIFs?

ngghghgh dont stop im close

guthrie01
Who has all those GIFs?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/493b7094c4842b79c41a3016ccfdc676/tumblr_mwq5k077w21sxrctbo1_250.gif

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Who has all those GIFs?

SteveHFC

Springbank
25-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Who has all those GIFs?

:hyper:hyper

Dalianwanda
25-07-2017, 03:37 PM
It is, however taking things from here and posting it on Facebook and twitter then claiming its your own itk info is not the way forward. Thats what got peoples backs up.

He wasn't, he was saying it was taken from different sources including social media.

It's certainly got your back up. The guy has quit the page, he's a Hibs fan. Folk bitching about him has got very tiresome.

andybev1
25-07-2017, 03:39 PM
edit

Hermit Crab
25-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I have no clue as to the history I was just answering your question in a not to confrontational way.

:aok:

SteveHFC
25-07-2017, 03:40 PM
SteveHFC

http://i.imgur.com/EUHneIb.jpg

andybev1
25-07-2017, 03:42 PM
I don't find it funny, had this in the past and I've had enough of it.

I have no clue as to the history I was just answering your question in a not to confrontational way.

sorry, double post

hfc rd
25-07-2017, 03:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EUHneIb.jpg

😂😂😂😂

Always has me in stitches!

This is pretty much as close to being confirmed now judging by a couple posts on social media

Captain Trips
25-07-2017, 03:43 PM

SM at the start of the reg means Edinburgh region although I am in Glasgow I bought my new car from Peebles and it is SK which is also Edinburgh region. The 17 is the car year as is mine.

The car was bought this year likely after Febuary when 17 became available.

Columbo now rests.

guthrie01
25-07-2017, 03:44 PM
The scenes when they announce him at 5pm :hyper

yonder1875
25-07-2017, 03:48 PM
😂😂😂😂

Always has me in stitches!

This is pretty much as close to being confirmed now judging by a couple posts on social media

What posts if you don't mind me asking?

CRAZYHIBBY
25-07-2017, 03:48 PM
I've just passed easter road and saw a crowd of people outside the stadium...i couldn't make out the face but one was defo wearing a pair of girlie skinny jeans.... and someone shouted something about 5 o clock

SteveHFC
25-07-2017, 03:49 PM
I've just passed easter road and saw a crowd of people outside the stadium...i couldn't make out the face but one was defo wearing a pair of girlie skinny jeans.... and someone shouted something about 5 o clock

5 o clock :hyper

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2017, 04:01 PM
5:01pm.....

MKHIBEE
25-07-2017, 04:04 PM
5:01pm.....

That's it, he's no coming

CRAZYHIBBY
25-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Just been told a press conference is scheduled for 5.15.....or 5.30 either today or at some point in the next few days or weeks but maybe not at all

snooky

Somebody asked the HFC darts team where double 17 is?

Silversand
That's it, he's no comingPetrie!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sean1875
All feels so close yet still so far :paranoid: Praying we get him announced tonight - all sounds very promising!

Borderhibbie76
25-07-2017, 04:10 PM
What chance he's paraded on pitch at HT 2nite??

Pete
25-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Two year deal apparently.

I could tell you my source but I'd have to kill you before he kills me.

silverhibee
25-07-2017, 04:12 PM

Nope

Lee Marvin
Two year deal apparently.

I could tell you my source but I'd have to kill you before he kills me.

These kind of posts used to get me excited.

yonder1875
Small matter of a game tonight, can't see it being tonight.