PDA

View Full Version : Henderson.

Jim44
20-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Not in their squad last night. Much as he wants to make the grade at Parkhead, he really must see his future, now, elsewhere. He's too good for the very infrequent splinter up the bum.

Brightside
20-07-2017, 07:26 AM
We just have to hope the loan deal can be agreed.

Callum_62
20-07-2017, 07:26 AM
He should just sign for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Was he not left out their Champions League squad altogether?

Either way I don't blame him for wanting to give it another crack at Celtic after his season at Hibs but he must realise he'll struggle to break into that team now. It's up to him of he wants to play football regularly or if he's happy picking up his wages and playing 15 minutes here and there at Celtic. If he played well for Hibs for 2 or 3 years he's still young enough to develop and earn a big move

Heisenberg
20-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Sign him on loan for the season. Pre contract agreed in January. Easy.

Jim44
20-07-2017, 07:49 AM

Either way I don't blame him for wanting to give it another crack at Celtic after his season at Hibs but he must realise he'll struggle to break into that team now. It's up to him of he wants to play football regularly or if he's happy picking up his wages and playing 15 minutes here and there at Celtic. If he played well for Hibs for 2 or 3 years he's still young enough to develop and earn a big move

I don't know if he is in their European squad, but he is up against Armstrong, Bitton, Brown, Eboue, Forrest, Hendry, Hill, Mackay-Steven, McGregor, Roberts,, Rogic and Sinclair.

Billychaotic182
20-07-2017, 07:52 AM
I don't know if he is in their European squad, but he is up against Armstrong, Bitton, Brown, Eboue, Forrest, Hendry, Hill, Mackay-Steven, McGregor, Roberts,, Rogic and Sinclair.

GMS signed for Aberdeen and Roberts Loan finished but even still that's a fairly large list of players in front on him

Craig_in_Prague
20-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Would welcome him back if he ever came, everyone would, but I am not bothered though to be honest.
Really like the look of Fraser Murray, whilst Dylan/McGinn/Bartley is the perfect mix of midfield - with Swanson and Boyle giving us some creativity....
Of course quality players cannot be ignored - and if he does somehow end up at ER; then great... I'm more keen on that lad Stokes at the moment !

Brightside
20-07-2017, 07:54 AM

He's in the B List due to his age. So they don't actually need to be named on the main list.

Brightside
20-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Sign him on loan for the season. Pre contract agreed in January. Easy.

We would still have a huge Dev fee to pay for him. Best idea would be to sign him with a large sell on clause in there to keep the purchase price down.

RoxburghHibs
20-07-2017, 08:28 AM
We just have to hope the loan deal can be agreed.

I spoke to a mate of mine who works with Liam's old man. He said that Liam doesn't want another loan deal although granted this was a year ago and he wanted another crack at Celtic at that time.

Since90+2
20-07-2017, 08:31 AM
He wont even be getting on the bench for them let alone the starting lineup so I think he is likely to leave this summer. Whether that is to us or not is anyones guess.

col02
20-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Who's position is he going to take in our starting eleven? I think he's a decent player with room to improve given his age but he isn't the world beater he is made out to be. If it's a case of taking him on loan to boost his worth for Celtic then I'd rather give Fraser Murray game time.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2017, 08:38 AM
If a move is to happen, I think Hendo himself will need to force it through, that way it'd be a cheaper deal (hopefully)

Personally I think it's one for later in the window. Get the priority signings in (striker and winger for me) then assess the Hendo situ as the window is closing.

Jim44
20-07-2017, 08:40 AM
I spoke to a mate of mine who works with Liam's old man. He said that Liam doesn't want another loan deal although granted this was a year ago and he wanted another crack at Celtic at that time.

I remember reading that last year but I get the impression that he, nevertheless, loves being a tiny fish in a big famous pool, with the reflected glory and money (granted he won't be on very much). If he still wants to hang around Parkhead with little or no future, you've got to question his ambition.

Juice-Terry
20-07-2017, 08:42 AM
As others have pointed out, would Liam be guaranteed a game at Hibs? Sure, he would get more games at Hibs than at Celtic, but he would likely start on the bench most matches where we have more or less a full and healthy squad.

hibsforeurope
20-07-2017, 09:16 AM
After seeing Nitcham lastnight there is no way Hendo will get in their team before him, it's likely Armstrong will have more bench time. Surely we would be his 1st choice should he leave celtic for a Scottish club.

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 09:23 AM
As others have pointed out, would Liam be guaranteed a game at Hibs? Sure, he would get more games at Hibs than at Celtic, but he would likely start on the bench most matches where we have more or less a full and healthy squad.

It's all about strength in depth. Very few clubs would turn their nose up at Henderson if he was available.

McGeoughs fitness issues and Murrays youth (and the inconsistency that comes with inexperience) makes me think we need another midfielder in. We're still a bit light in there imo. He can also play out wide if required as well.

CapitalGreen
20-07-2017, 09:25 AM

Nonsense, of course he would. As pointed out previously, Hibs had 14 players last season who played at least 25 games.

Brooster
20-07-2017, 09:27 AM
He wants to leave but Celtic are pricing him out of the market at the moment. A number of clubs are keen to sign him.

Juice-Terry
20-07-2017, 09:30 AM
It's all about strength in depth. Very few clubs would turn their nose up at Henderson if he was available.

McGeoughs fitness issues and Murrays youth (and the inconsistency that comes with inexperience) makes me think we need another midfielder in. We're still a bit light in there imo. He can also play out wide if required as well.

Of course strength in depth is important, and of course we should sign him if we can. My point was rather about whether Liam wants to sign for Hibs - given that he'd be far from guaranteed to be close to the starting 11 every week? (Goes without saying that I really hope we sign him.)

CapitalGreen
20-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Of course strength in depth is important, and of course we should sign him if we can. My point was rather about whether Liam wants to sign for Hibs - given that he'd be far from guaranteed to be close to the starting 11 every week?

McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson.

Who'd start ahead of him in that midfield 3?

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Of course strength in depth is important, and of course we should sign him if we can. My point was rather about whether Liam wants to sign for Hibs - given that he'd be far from guaranteed to be close to the starting 11 every week? (Goes without saying that I really hope we sign him.)

....................Marciano.....................

.................Ambrose..McGreggor...Hanlon...... ....

Whittaker....Henderson....McGeough...McGinn...Stev enson

................Stokes........Murray/Big Davie........

I don't think that would be far away from our strongest eleven if Stokes and Henderson came in and still leaves the likes of Gray, Fontaine, Bartley and Boyle on the bench with Porteous, Murray and Shaw able to be blooded as and when.

Wilson
20-07-2017, 09:37 AM
....................Marciano.....................

.................Ambrose..McGreggor...Hanlon...... ....

Whittaker....Henderson....McGeough...McGinn...Stev enson

................Stokes........Murray/Big Davie........

I don't think that would be far away from our strongest eleven if Stokes and Henderson came in and still leaves the likes of Gray, Fontaine, Bartley and Boyle on the bench with Porteous, Murray and Shaw able to be blooded as and when.

Swanson?

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Swanson?Forgot about him.

Tbh I think we'll see a variety of formations this season. Away at Celtic and Aberdeen it wouldn't surprise me to see a big man up top and Swanson and Boyle playing wide of him.

Just shows the options a couple more signings could give us though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Aldo
20-07-2017, 09:50 AM
After seeing Nitcham lastnight there is no way Hendo will get in their team before him, it's likely Armstrong will have more bench time. Surely we would be his 1st choice should he leave celtic for a Scottish club.

Armstrong was outstanding last season and maybe their new boy is a replacement for him. Sure there are a few clubs from down south looking at him.

I ours be surprised if he started on the bench! Could be wrong though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
20-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Nonsense, of course he would. As pointed out previously, Hibs had 14 players last season who played at least 25 games.

:agree:

It's a squad game nowadays and we need a variety of different type midfielders in there, Barley will only really be needed for he bigger games where we need that extra body to help the defence, the rest of the time 3 good solid midfielder are needed as we'll be hopefully doing more attacking.

Stevie Reid
20-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Armstrong scored 17 goals from midfield last season, an amazing return for a guy who doesn't take pens or free kicks. Can't see him being ousted from the first team (I know he was on the bench last night).

20-07-2017, 11:05 AM
He wants to leave but Celtic are pricing him out of the market at the moment. A number of clubs are keen to sign him.

Pricing him out of the market doesn't send out a good signal to other young players they might want to sign. Sign for Celtic and if you're good but not quite good enough yet your career might be on hold for a couple of years.

I bet his current salary doesn't reflect the valuation they are putting on him.

offshorehibby
20-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Armstrong scored 17 goals from midfield last season, an amazing return for a guy who doesn't take pens or free kicks. Can't see him being ousted from the first team (I know he was on the bench last night).

Was he not stalling on a new contract and were Southampton not sniffing about him.

Bob Box Fish
30-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Unused sub yesterday for a second string Celtic against sunderland. I think we might get him on loan near the end of the window.

CraigHibee
30-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Unused sub yesterday for a second string Celtic against sunderland. I think we might get him on loan near the end of the window.

does neil actually want him?

HibeEC
30-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Brought on in 78th min according to my Sunday paper.

Bob Box Fish
30-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Brought on in 78th min according to my Sunday paper.

In that case I must have missed him coming on! Was at the game with a mate. Too many beers.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-07-2017, 08:45 AM

Always wondered that

The fans want him but I don't know what Neil's opinion of him is

lucky
30-07-2017, 08:46 AM
I doubt he'd get a game for Hibs, if he comes he'll be a back up player. But he really needs to get a move somewhere to start playing football

Heisenberg
30-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Don't think we'll sign him now after the arrival of Slivka.

Tha Cabbage Kid
30-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Would be good to get cliff or one of the other guys who interview NL to ask him what his opinions are on him.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Jim44
30-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Would be good to get cliff or one of the other guys who interview NL to ask him what his opinions are on him.

I suspect Lennon would be diplomatic in a response to that particular question.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Don't think we'll sign him now after the arrival of Slivka.

Especially as this boy is our player and not on loan.

Tha Cabbage Kid
30-07-2017, 09:08 AM
I suspect Lennon would be diplomatic in a response to that particular question.
Of course he will but either he will say no we are not perusing him or he is a class player but he is a celtic players so I won't comment. That could tell us alot about a potential loan or transfer

Sammy7nil
30-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Of course he will but either he will say no we are not perusing him or he is a class player but he is a celtic players so I won't comment. That could tell us alot about a potential loan or transfer

He would say he is good player i dont speculate on other teams players

jacomo
30-07-2017, 09:19 AM
I remember reading that last year but I get the impression that he, nevertheless, loves being a tiny fish in a big famous pool, with the reflected glory and money (granted he won't be on very much). If he still wants to hang around Parkhead with little or no future, you've got to question his ambition.

I think this is a little harsh.

You can understand why Liam would want to do everything he can to make the grade at Celtc.

Rodgers is something of a self-regarding peacock but he is a good coach and he likes giving opportunities to young players.

Would love to see him back at Hibs but might be one for next summer.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2017, 09:35 AM
No longer required at Hibs.

H18 SFR
30-07-2017, 09:40 AM

Sadly I agree this is the case.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Can't disagree, not his fault though, as I'm sure he would have loved to come to Hibs
I thank for his contribution in 2016 though!

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Can't disagree, not his fault though, as I'm sure he would have loved to come to Hibs
I thank for his contribution in 2016 though!

Yes he probably would and we would have loved to have him however things had to move on. Lennon has recruited and promoted to develop his squad as required.

Lancs Harp
30-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Perhaps the situation with Henderson shows as much as anything how we have moved on.

He will always be loved by Hibs fans because of his invovment in the Cup final and indeed is contribution throughout that season. Last summer he would have been at the top or nearly at the top of most Hibs fans wanted list. I can fully understand Liam wanting to try his luck at Celtic but in truth his career is stalling, he needs to get away from Parkhead and get some regular game time. In the meantime Hibs have moved forward, considerably IMO and as others have stated on this thread I think he would struggle to get minutes on the park with us now. That said he is a quality player and who knows how his game might improve if he was with us under a coach like Lennon. I certainly wouldnt say no to him signing but hes no longer top of the shopping list thats for sure.

Forza Fred
30-07-2017, 09:56 AM

No way would he be an automatic choice at ER if he came back, just as he wasn't his first time round.

He came off the bench inThe cup final....something that some don't remember...

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 10:39 AM
I doubt he'd get a game for Hibs, if he comes he'll be a back up player. But he really needs to get a move somewhere to start playing football

You doubt Liam Henderson would get a game for Hibs?

Is this a serious post or are you just still raging that he sat in the Hibs end at Tynecastle?

Heisenberg
30-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Is this a serious post or are you just still raging that he sat in the Hibs end at Tynecastle?

Who does he play in front of?

Col2
30-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Don't agreee with a lot of the comments here. I think we are a little clouded by Hibs very good pre season and yet unknown contribution of Silvka and untried of Fraser Murray in top league. If we were not creating chances and converting them through Simon Murray I think many would have a different view.

IF we got a chance to sign him on a perm basis we should absolutely be interested. A fantastic talent, creative, two footed and bags and bags on energy.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2017, 10:46 AM
I'd imagine signing Slivka has put paid to us signing Henderson, I think Lennon would have liked him but the money the smellies are looking for him has made him look elsewhere.

And we have brought in someone who's an international with more experience and maybe even a better player.

I'd love us to still bring him in, but I think that ship might have sailed?

Allant1981
30-07-2017, 10:48 AM

doubt he would play that often, mcginn, swanson, mcgeouch, bartley, slivka would probably all play before him, would he want to come and sit on the bench most weeks with us?

Firestarter
30-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Henderson is a total 'baller. I would rather we got him on a perm than Commons for half a year that's for sure.

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 10:50 AM
No way would he be an automatic choice at ER if he came back, just as he wasn't his first time round.

He came off the bench inThe cup final....something that some don't remember...

He started 40 of 48 games at Hibs, approx 82%

McGinn started 42, however Henderson wasn't signed until mid August so missed our opening 3 fixtures.

keep the faith
30-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Henderson is a total 'baller. I would rather we got him on a perm than Commons for half a year that's for sure.

This

Lancs Harp
30-07-2017, 10:58 AM
He started 40 of 48 games at Hibs, approx 82%

McGinn started 42, however Henderson wasn't signed until mid August so missed our opening 3 fixtures.

I would check your figures. Pretty sure Liam only started 27 league games for Hibs.

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Who does he play in front of?

I'd have him in ahead of Swanson and Bartley personally. Despite the lack of game time recently he is still one of most talented young players in Scotland and has just turned 21. Celtic's/Rodgers are reluctant to let him leave for the reason that there is a big chance they will come to regret it.

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I would check your figures. Pretty sure Liam only started 27 league games for Hibs.

Who mentioned league games? We play in more competitions than just the league.

Lancs Harp
30-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Who mentioned league games? We play in more competitions than just the league.

ok then he started 37 league and cup games all competitions, out of 54 games.

Its not a big deal bt your figures are wrong, sorry.

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 11:15 AM
ok then he started 37 league and cup games all competitions, out of 54 games.

Its not a big deal bt your figures are wrong, sorry.

You aren't including the play offs?

27 League
3 Play off
5 League Cup
5 Scottish Cup

Having missed the opening 3 games he was available for selection for 51 games, however he missed a month of football in Nov/Dec due to a virus.

snooky
30-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Alas, I think we are getting further away from signing (or needing to sign) Hendo every day.
If he wants to be on board he better come soon.

leither17
30-07-2017, 11:31 AM
We might get him at the end of his contract

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Was/is Henderson really that good?

RIP
30-07-2017, 11:37 AM
If we has brought Liam in would Lennon not have lost the opportunity to play Fraser Murray - an opening that Fraser is clearly grabbing with both hands at the moment?

Billy Whizz
30-07-2017, 11:38 AM
If we has brought Liam in would Lennon not have lost the opportunity to play Fraser Murray - an opening that Fraser is clearly grabbing with both hands at the moment?

Good point

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Was/is Henderson really that good?

Had great potential but the romance of his delivery in the cup has turned him into an even better player in some folks eyes in my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Had great potential but the romance of his delivery in the cup has turned him into an even better player in some folks eyes in my opinion.

Exactly where I am Scouse, deliveries have put him in folklore, but the rest of his time here?

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 11:45 AM

If Fraser is good enough he'll play. Fraser needs to continue playing well to retain his opportunity to play, not rely on the fact he is young.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 11:48 AM
If Fraser is good enough he'll play. Fraser needs to continue playing well to retain his opportunity to play, not rely on the fact he is young.

Don't think Fraser's age comes into it, already looks accomplished

CapitalGreen
30-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Don't think Fraser's age comes into it, already looks accomplished

No disagreement there.

Point I was making was that places in the team should be earned. If say Henderson was to sign, he'd only keep Murray out the team if Lennon thought he was a better player and that's the way it should be.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 12:00 PM
No disagreement there.

Point I was making was that places in the team should be earned. If say Henderson was to sign, he'd only keep Murray out the team if Lennon thought he was a better player and that's the way it should be.

:aok:

Jim44
30-07-2017, 12:05 PM
No disagreement there.

Absolutely nothing wrong with strength in depth, double strength in fact, if the budget permits.

hibsmad
30-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Exactly where I am Scouse, deliveries have put him in folklore, but the rest of his time here?

I rated him extremely highly before those deliveries. A lot of people on here seem intent on convincing themselves that people like me only rate him so much because of two corners. In my case this couldn't be further from the truth.

Not only do I think he'd be a great signing, I also think he'd be a great investment and would be a £1M+ player within a year or two.

What I would say however is that with the signing of Slivka and the form of F Murray, we certainly don't seem to need him as much as we did a few weeks ago.

yonder1875
30-07-2017, 12:10 PM

The rest of his time here? He was a cracking youg player at us, come on. He's nowhere near priority no.1 but I certainly wouldn't say no to us signing him, will only improve and might even get a game one day.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 12:12 PM
F Murray already got more goals in the bag

ancient hibee
30-07-2017, 12:59 PM
I rated him extremely highly before those deliveries. A lot of people on here seem intent on convincing themselves that people like me only rate him so much because of two corners. In my case this couldn't be further from the truth.

Not only do I think he'd be a great signing, I also think he'd be a great investment and would be a £1M+ player within a year or two.

What I would say however is that with the signing of Slivka and the form of F Murray, we certainly don't seem to need him as much as we did a few weeks ago.
And yet the manager didn't rate him highly enough to start him that day.

jacomo
30-07-2017, 01:06 PM

He missed out because we started with 3-5-2 no?

Fyvie and McGeouch were both fit and started ahead of him. Plus SJM of course.

1van Sprou7e
30-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes, Henderson was on the bench for tactical reasons not because he wasn't good enough

hibsmad
30-07-2017, 01:11 PM

As Jacamo said, we went with a formation and team that had worked against Rangers previously.

Stubbs did rate him highly enough to bring him on when we really needed him and turn the game on its head though.

Unseen work
30-07-2017, 01:15 PM
We don't need him at this moment in time.

AlbertK86
30-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Thoughts are that the only way he will be at Hibs this season is if SJM is going to Celtic and he is part of the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2017, 02:23 PM

We have a replacement in Silvka. He may get a game before him but the reality is that we cannot afford a large squad of top quality players. So we will pass on Henderson and go with what we have.

CraigHibee
30-07-2017, 02:26 PM

I do agree but then we probably wouldn't have to fork out a lump of a transfer fee and sell on clause for commons, I reckon IF commons does sign then the likelihood is it will be the last full time club he plays for

RyeSloan
30-07-2017, 02:46 PM

And yet he came on and turned the game...

Hendo was class with or without his cup final contribution and would be an excellent addition to our squad.

I can't believe there is people saying we don't need a player of his quality or potential before we have even kicked a ball in the league nor seen the likes of Slivka play more than 15 minutes.

Personally I think we still need someone that has the ability to pass and create like Hendo did...add in his clear drive and desire to win and I'd still be looking to add him this season if we can.

chrisski33
30-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Think if we wanted him we would gone for him by now tbh.

500miles
30-07-2017, 07:21 PM
He'd be in competing with Bartley and McGeough for a place if we were interested.

The Spaceman
30-07-2017, 07:25 PM
A good young player who really got us as a club and helped deliver our greatest ever moment.

Is he what we need at the moment? No. But would I still sign him if we had the chance? Absolutely.

Slavers
30-07-2017, 07:25 PM
There is a place in our squad for Henderson.

bingo70
30-07-2017, 07:33 PM
F Murray already got more goals in the bag

From the little I've seen I think F.Murray could turn out to be an excellent player.

You'll have seen more of him than me but I think he still seems a bit skinny and lacking in power to make a major impact this season. I thought when he came on at ross county that showed and imo he looked a bit out of his depth when the standard went up a notch.

As I said though I think he could well end up being a cracking player for us so this isn't me righting him off, I just think a loan spell in the championship could be better for him this year than fans expecting too much of him too soon.