PDA

View Full Version : Hearts game moved

SteveHFC
19-07-2017, 01:54 PM
first derby moved to tuesday night ive been told

green&left
19-07-2017, 02:01 PM
first derby moved to tuesday night ive been told

Cant complain. 2 televised/moved games between August and November unless im mistaken?

Hibby70
19-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Good news for me, Wednesdays require a babysitter.

Sean1875
19-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Aye on the fishy site now - was hoping it would be moved to the weekend but ah well. Sure we'll still manage to sell it all out!

DavieRoy
19-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Take the TV money and 3pm's!!

lucky
19-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Cant complain. 2 televised/moved games between August and November unless im mistaken?

I noticed that too. Clearly TV companies don't rate us to highly

Since90+2
19-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Has the full list of TV games been announced?

Del Boy
19-07-2017, 02:37 PM
What channel is it on?

green&left
19-07-2017, 02:42 PM
What channel is it on?

BT

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/latest-sky-sports-amp-bt-sport-live-games/

LancashireHibby
19-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Absolute joke. Fixtures were out weeks ago, why does it take so long for this to be announced, and why the change of day in the first place? Trains and hotel down the pan. Fuming.

Fife-Hibee
19-07-2017, 03:32 PM
****ing great 😡😡😡 land in Newcastle at 5pm B......S 😡😡😡

Albanian Hibs
19-07-2017, 03:36 PM
****ing great 😡😡😡 land in Newcastle at 5pm B......S 😡😡😡

Plenty of time to get up the road then 😉

davhibby
19-07-2017, 03:39 PM
I'd imagine we'll have more games on TV in December than we're getting the first 4 months of the season. Aberdeen at home in October hopefully will be a sell out now

Fife-Hibee
19-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Plenty of time to get up the road then 😉

Will be doing my ****ing best that's for sure 😂

Pete
19-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Not sure what it means for me yet but derbys under the lights are fantastic. (Presuming it'll get darkish).

They're starting to get arrogant again so it's time to let them know who runs the city. Can't wait.

lord bunberry
19-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Has this been changed from Wednesday to Tuesday?

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Has this been changed from Wednesday to Tuesday?

Yes

lord bunberry
19-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Yes
Cheers, that's not so bad then.

Big_Franck
19-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Cheers, that's not so bad then.

Unless like lancashirehibby you've already paid for travel and accommodation for the wednesday. Like others I cant underatand why it has taken them so long to announce this change. No doubt lancashirehibby wont be the only one left out of pocket by this.

lord bunberry
19-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Unless like lancashirehibby you've already paid for travel and accommodation for the wednesday. Like others I cant underatand why it has taken them so long to announce this change. No doubt lancashirehibby wont be the only one left out of pocket by this.
Agreed, I was talking from a personal point of view.

LancashireHibby
19-07-2017, 04:05 PM
I always accept that I take the risk in booking these things well in advance (we're probably well in to double figures now for the amount of times I've been in a similar situation), but I can't figure out why it couldn't have been confirmed when the fixtures came out if, as it has turned out, it was a decision that was going to take place before the start of the season anyway.

Sean1875
19-07-2017, 04:08 PM
I always accept that I take the risk in booking these things well in advance (we're probably well in to double figures now for the amount of times I've been in a similar situation), but I can't figure out why it couldn't have been confirmed when the fixtures came out if, as it has turned out, it was a decision that was going to take place before the start of the season anyway.

Completely agree, they were always going to be showing the first Edinburgh derby back so absolutely baffles me why they've waited so many weeks to move this one once the fixtures were announced - ****ter of a situation for yourself and im sure many others!

Borderhibbie76
19-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Unless like lancashirehibby you've already paid for travel and accommodation for the wednesday. Like others I cant underatand why it has taken them so long to announce this change. No doubt lancashirehibby wont be the only one left out of pocket by this.I get that but surely it's best to wait before booking no?? The Derbys were always likely to be selected for tv coverage imo ...tho I have sympathy for folk who lost out financially

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sean1875
19-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I get that but surely it's best to wait before booking no?? The Derbys were always likely to be selected for tv coverage imo ...tho I have sympathy for folk who lost out financially

Being a Wednesday night though and not a champions league week it would probably have been a fair assumption that if they were going to televise it they would just do it on the Wednesday. Don't know whats stopping them showing the game on the Wednesday night?

Borderhibbie76
19-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Being a Wednesday night though and not a champions league week it would probably have been a fair assumption that if they were going to televise it they would just do it on the Wednesday. Don't know whats stopping them showing the game on the Wednesday night?Oh it's a joke mate the way Scottish footy fans are treated but I guess am just used to it by now...probably an English PL match on weds night no doubt...

LancashireHibby
19-07-2017, 04:26 PM
I get that but surely it's best to wait before booking no?? The Derbys were always likely to be selected for tv coverage imo ...tho I have sympathy for folk who lost out financially

I'd have waited for a weekend game but there wasn't any reason to expect it to move from the Wednesday, even in the full expectation that it would be televised.

Borderhibbie76
19-07-2017, 04:30 PM
I'd have waited for a weekend game but there wasn't any reason to expect it to move from the Wednesday, even in the full expectation that it would be televised.I suppose so mate it's weird being brought forward 24 hrs right enough

emerald green
19-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Most Hibs v Hearts fixtures get moved to accommodate TV scheduling.

It's been like that for some years now, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. It's not the first, and it won't be the last.

hibeedonald
19-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Is it close to a sell out yet? Can't be many left with just a few thousand to shift

Rattler
19-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Being a Wednesday night though and not a champions league week it would probably have been a fair assumption that if they were going to televise it they would just do it on the Wednesday. Don't know whats stopping them showing the game on the Wednesday night?

Aberdeen v Celtic is getting shown live on the Wednesday night by BT. That's obviously why the derby has been moved as both big games in the schedule.✅

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Aberdeen v Celtic is getting shown live on the Wednesday night by BT. That's obviously why the derby has been moved as both big games in the schedule.✅

And certainly can't have any Celtc fan inconvenienced who may have already booked travel etc.

Big_Franck
19-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Most Hibs v Hearts fixtures get moved to accommodate TV scheduling.

It's been like that for some years now, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. It's not the first, and it won't be the last.

I think as others have said its a surprise its been moved as it could have been televised on the Wed night as scheduled. If it had been drawn as a Sat 3pm kick off we'd all expect it to be changed, but not when it was scheduled midweek already. Feel for lancashirehibby and anyone that loses money because of this.

Libby Hibby
19-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Bought tickets today for this and it's looking pretty full already.

Leith Green
19-07-2017, 07:22 PM

I didnt know you could buy match tickets that far in advance.

malcky
19-07-2017, 07:25 PM

Got mine as well

Libby Hibby
19-07-2017, 07:29 PM
I didnt know you could buy match tickets that far in advance.

Every home game available I think

Lancs Harp
19-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Cant make the Tuesday or the Wednesday so its a pub somewhere in the Fylde for me.

I've never seen Hibs lose to Hearts live. :wink: Thats only a 3 out of 3 record btw before anyone gets too excited as me as the lucky mascot.

cabbageandribs1875
19-07-2017, 07:32 PM
you can purchase single tickets for games right up until the game v Partick on the 31st March now, take it that's when the league splits ?

Nameless
19-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Away to Killie on the Saturday (who have a plastic pitch) then only two days to recover before a massive derby - cheers BT Sport.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
19-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Away to Killie on the Saturday (who have a plastic pitch) then only two days to recover before a massive derby - cheers BT Sport.

I'd say nearer 3 days.

Who do Hearts play the game before?

Leith Green
19-07-2017, 07:39 PM
you can purchase single tickets for games right up until the game v Partick on the 31st March now, take it that's when the league splits ?

Has this always been the case? Obviously the earlier tickets are on sale the better.

EastCalderHibby
19-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Not sure what it means for me yet but derbys under the lights are fantastic. (Presuming it'll get darkish).

They're starting to get arrogant again so it's time to let them know who runs the city. Can't wait.

Well they did hammer elgin last night and laughatyou got of the mark too worrying times ahead :faf::faf::faf:

Nameless
19-07-2017, 07:42 PM
I'd say nearer 3 days.

At home to the Super J's.

Lancs Harp
19-07-2017, 07:43 PM

We could play Killie in the morning and still beat that bag of ***** in the afternoon if we had to. :wink:

Sir David Gray
19-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Yes it will be dark by then. Sunset will be before 6pm at that time in October.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-07-2017, 09:41 PM
I'd say nearer 3 days.

Nobody. It's just been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

lapsedhibee
19-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Nobody. It's just been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
:greengrin

Hibby70
19-07-2017, 11:21 PM
At home to the Super J's.

Or away to St Johnstone if the big bus shelter still doesn't have any seats.

sleeping giant
19-07-2017, 11:31 PM
F*** the Hearts.

I do apologise :greengrin

Hermit Crab
19-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Absolute joke. Fixtures were out weeks ago, why does it take so long for this to be announced, and why the change of day in the first place? Trains and hotel down the pan. Fuming.

I have to say I think BT or Sky should be liable for any cost fans have when they have to change travel and accommodation plans when they decide to move games willy nilly. Provided you can prove you're all booked up before they move the game of course.

Bristolhibby
20-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Every home game available I think

Up to February for home games are available.

J

KWJ
20-07-2017, 01:18 AM
1 of only 2 games not involving Rantic. Motherwell Aberdeen the other.

Phil MaGlass
20-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Brilliant, can now book flights tonight, I can make 4 games up to December now woohoo.

emerald green
20-07-2017, 05:56 PM
I think as others have said its a surprise its been moved as it could have been televised on the Wed night as scheduled. If it had been drawn as a Sat 3pm kick off we'd all expect it to be changed, but not when it was scheduled midweek already. Feel for lancashirehibby and anyone that loses money because of this.

I don't know why the TV company has decided to re-schedule showing this match from a Wednesday night to a Tuesday night. You say it could have been televised on the Wednesday night, but that's not what the TV company wants to do it seems.

They hold all the aces unfortunately. They say jump, and the football authorities say "how high"?

There's too much football on TV, but that's just my opinion which isn't shared by everybody.

I sympathise with anyone adversely impacted because of TV re-scheduling, but it's not new. What's the answer?

the pie eater
20-07-2017, 06:10 PM

I've just checked and you can get a single fare on the tuesd for £11. Like myself lost out out on original fare. I am staying up till the sat to take in the well game. I thought if game was going to be changed for tv it would have been to the thursd. Going to cost another £11 for train and will have to work another sat to get the tuesd off. It's a pain though it is a derby so just going to accept it. Making me replan the huns game that is due to be played in dec on a weds night.

bod
20-07-2017, 07:50 PM
try booking on sites that offer free cancellation.book the day either side of the fixture then cancel the ones you won't use nearer the time when your sure the game won't be changed

the pie eater
20-07-2017, 08:16 PM
try booking on sites that offer free cancellation.book the day either side of the fixture then cancel the ones you won't use nearer the time when your sure the game won't be changed

Not sure any site exists. Booking in advance is a risk you take to get cheap travel. I've lost out on this one though the money i've saved on others off sets it. i've booked all home games up until the tic game as i know that is more than likely to be on tv.also a few away one's that i am hopefull will not be moved for tv.

O'Rourke3
20-07-2017, 10:25 PM
Saw this last night. Yea! Can't make the Wednesday. Tuesday. Oh yes, that's the travel day. Still can't make the bleedin game...

cabbageandribs1875
20-07-2017, 10:35 PM
i've only just noticed our game away to Dundee is a 12:30 k.o on sunday 27th august, when was that one changed :rolleyes:

****, could we not just have stayed in the championship :devil: things were so simple then :)

Hermit Crab
21-07-2017, 02:03 AM
i've only just noticed our game away to Dundee is a 12:30 k.o on sunday 27th august, when was that one changed :rolleyes:

****, could we not just have stayed in the championship :devil: things were so simple then :)

About 2 weeks ago.

LancashireHibby
22-07-2017, 09:52 PM
I've just checked and you can get a single fare on the tuesd for £11. Like myself lost out out on original fare. I am staying up till the sat to take in the well game. I thought if game was going to be changed for tv it would have been to the thursd. Going to cost another £11 for train and will have to work another sat to get the tuesd off. It's a pain though it is a derby so just going to accept it. Making me replan the huns game that is due to be played in dec on a weds night.
Good spot, cheers Bob. Just booked to go up on Tuesday and back Wednesday for £22 return which is a very decent price all done. Still waiting to hear back about hotel.

the pie eater
23-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Good spot, cheers Bob. Just booked to go up on Tuesday and back Wednesday for £22 return which is a very decent price all done. Still waiting to hear back about hotel.

What train are you booked on?I am on the 10.43 fi wigan.

LancashireHibby
23-07-2017, 10:10 AM
What train are you booked on?I am on the 10.43 fi wigan.
Same mate, see you then.

Fife-Hibee
23-07-2017, 10:20 AM
We'll be lucky to get there for half time. As long as our flights on time :( will we still get in ? Do they shut the gates after so long ? Anybody know ? Thanks in advance !

SRHibs
23-07-2017, 10:27 AM

If you use thetrainline you can move your tickets. I would imagine a hotel would be pretty lenient with regards moving the times too.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2017, 10:33 AM
We'll be lucky to get there for half time. As long as our flights on time :( will we still get in ? Do they shut the gates after so long ? Anybody know ? Thanks in advance !

They open the gates in the East at half time to let the smokers out
Not sure about the west and FF5

Fife-Hibee
23-07-2017, 10:54 AM
They open the gates in the East at half time to let the smokers out
Not sure about the west and FF5

Cheers mate' it's the east we're in so hopefully someone opens the door when I start banging on it 😂

bod
23-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Not sure any site exists. Booking in advance is a risk you take to get cheap travel. I've lost out on this one though the money i've saved on others off sets it. i've booked all home games up until the tic game as i know that is more than likely to be on tv.also a few away one's that i am hopefull will not be moved for tv.

try booking.com

the pie eater
23-07-2017, 02:44 PM
try booking.com

One for LancashireHibee. I stay with family when I have to stay over.Though I am sure he would have managed to change his accommodation dates.