PDA

View Full Version : Hearts

Ardenttwo
19-07-2017, 04:22 AM
Heard it all now. Cathro says that Elgin is not an easy place to come to and win. How does he know that,probably never even heard of or knew where Elgin City were. And to top it off they are delighted Lafferty scored against the mighty City. You could not make it up

GreenLake
19-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Heard it all now. Cathro says that Elgin is not an easy place to come to and win. How does he know that,probably never even heard of or knew where Elgin City were. And to top it off they are delighted Lafferty scored against the mighty City. You could not make it up

They must be chuffed going to a stadium with less capacity than theirs though.

Jim44
19-07-2017, 06:01 AM
There are one or two dissenters, but there is an air of relief to get their first competitive win since February. :greengrin. Lafferty is a legend in the making :rolleyes: and their goal was from a set piece showing progress on the training ground and Cathro coming good. :tee hee:

Baader
19-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Huge win for them. Sky's the limit with Cathro at the helm.

GMD
19-07-2017, 07:17 AM
They had some good early chances but soon ran out of ideas. Wing backs were getting a lot of cross balls in and marking from corners was poor from Elgin. Middle of the park is where Hearts are struggling as Cowie and Bauben offer little creativity and Walker soon didn't look interested. They resorted to punts from Berra to Lafferty in the second half.
Elgin had a couple of good chances near the end and could have equalised.
Hearts have a lot of work to do, look miles away at present.

RoxburghHibs
19-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Ultimately they are a crappy wee team that nobody cares a jot about except for their own fans. Elgin are p1sh as well.

Bostonhibby
19-07-2017, 07:49 AM
He's back!

Thank you Father Dougal for giving us all a laugh after a dull spell.

Still makes no sense but one day we'll all catch up with you.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

ElginHibbie
19-07-2017, 07:52 AM
There are one or two dissenters, but there is an air of relief to get their first competitive win since February. :greengrin. Lafferty is a legend in the making :rolleyes: and their goal was from a set piece showing progress on the training ground and Cathro coming good. :tee hee:

All they need to hope for now is getting a free kick on edge of the box they can take quickly and the opposing team switching off every week!

CentreLine
19-07-2017, 07:59 AM

To be fair he's from Dundee and probably has a better idea of where Elginis than many of their fans. An easy mistake to make though since he sounds like he comes from a different planet. 🤖

California-Hibs
19-07-2017, 08:09 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/EbNXXvW20TeYU/giphy.gif

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-07-2017, 08:17 AM
It's a shame we don't play them till round 11 as we'd destroy them early on. Hopefully they can stumble through the first few games to keep the master tactician in a job.

It'll take them a few weeks to gel as well though so they may yet come good.

Future17
19-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Some absolute nonsense gets spouted on here at times:

Cathro doesn't know where Elgin City are from and a team are happy their new signing scored for them.

Yeah you "could not make it up". :rolleyes:

greenginger
19-07-2017, 08:30 AM
It's a shame we don't play them till round 11 as we'd destroy them early on. Hopefully they can stumble through the first few games to keep the master tactician in a job.

I think they are going to have to gel with a few more away fixtures.

I was having a chat with the site foreman a couple of days ago and I asked if they would be ready for the Aberdeen game.

No chance was the reply, and he went on to tell me that Mrs Budge has asked the SPFL if Hearts would be allowed to play a further two home games away.

Kato
19-07-2017, 08:44 AM

I was having a chat with the site foreman a couple of days ago and I asked if they would be ready for the Aberdeen game.

No chance was the reply, and he went on to tell me that Mrs Budge has asked the SPFL if Hearts would be allowed to play a further two home games away.

An absolute joke that they are allowed to rearrange any fixtures at all. Will they expect Hibs to move games when they have a dozen or so home games in a row? Tynie was playable last Friday night, its playable now and they should never have been given any dispensation at all.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-07-2017, 08:46 AM

I hope they are told no.

They can play friendlies and league cup games at tynie, so why not league games?

Plus, while playing 5 games in a row away is difficult, having arun of five or so home matches later in the season would be a big advantage.

Suck it up, if they got their plans wrong it should be their problem to deal with, not inconveniencing all the other teams.

Bostonhibby
19-07-2017, 08:50 AM
An absolute joke that they are allowed to rearrange any fixtures at all. Will they expect Hibs to move games when they have a dozen or so home games in a row? Tynie was playable last Friday night, its playable now and they should never have been given any dispensation at all.

:agree: Plenty clubs in Scotland play in half built grounds in front of three stands whilst part of the ground looks like a building site, don't see much difference here?

unless there's some reason why the SPFL don't want games to be played there even though they certainly can when it suits hearts?

Kato
19-07-2017, 08:54 AM
:agree: Plenty clubs in Scotland play in half built grounds in front of three stands whilst part of the ground looks like a building site, don't see much difference here?

unless there's some reason why the SPFL don't want games to be played there even though they certainly can when it suits hearts?

The only reason there is, is that Hearts would lose out financially. Every other club has to accommodate them for the sake of their bank balance.

jacomo
19-07-2017, 08:54 AM

Hertz have a tough start. Can Cathy survive first 10 games? Let's hope so.

Hibbyradge
19-07-2017, 09:03 AM

Sorry to p on your parade, but I would be genuinely astonished if anyone who lived in Scotland, never mind someone born in Dundee, hadn't heard of Elgin.

Also, I'm always delighted when a Hibs striker scores a winner.

A 1-0 win away at Elgin might not be a spectacular result against a Div 2 team, but I'm not sure a 3-0 home win against one is anything to crow about either. Having said that, a 1-0 win for us in the away fixture will be job done although I hope for more.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Hertz have a tough start. Can Cathy survive first 10 games? Let's hope so.

That's my worry. He's out a job and Hartley is in by the time they come to ER. Much different proposition we'd be facing then

JimboHibs
19-07-2017, 09:12 AM

What do you want him to say he's disappointed they won & dissapointed lafferty scored ??
What couldn't you make up ? What am I missing,are his comments so shockingly outrageous ??

greenginger
19-07-2017, 09:13 AM

I guess its a case of first asking the League, if they can ask the opposition if they are willing to swop.

If either say no they will have to play in front of three stands and offer some sort of compensation to those who have bought seats in the new mega stand and can't make the re-arranged fixture.

Maybe an brick from old stand would suffice . :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
19-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Dunfermline gubbed the mighty Elgin anaw lol

MrRobot
19-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Who cares about Cathro, Hearts, Lafferty or Cathro's geography? Can we not just stick to discussing our own team and not appearing to be obsessed with their every move?

Keith_M
19-07-2017, 11:25 AM
So Hearts scraped a 1-0 win against the same side that lost 6-0 to Dunfermline on Saturday?

Impressive.

Kato
19-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Who cares about Cathro, Hearts, Lafferty or Cathro's geography? Can we not just stick to discussing our own team and not appearing to be obsessed with their every move?

Why?

lord bunberry
19-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Sorry to p on your parade, but I would be genuinely astonished if anyone who lived in Scotland, never mind someone born in Dundee, hadn't heard of Elgin.

Also, I'm always delighted when a Hibs striker scores a winner.

A 1-0 win away at Elgin might not be a spectacular result against a Div 2 team, but I'm not sure a 3-0 home win against one is anything to crow about either. Having said that, a 1-0 win for us in the away fixture will be job done although I hope for more.
Thank god we won 4-0 then :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 11:29 AM

You must be very obsessed to come on to a thread about Hearts and complain about their being threads about Hearts.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Another fairytale victory for the boys in maroon against a well drilled side

MrRobot
19-07-2017, 11:55 AM
You must be very obsessed to come on to a thread about Hearts and complain about their being threads about Hearts.

Wouldn't call it obsessed in the slightest? Perhaps if I had posted the same thing aobut several posts about Hearts.

If you prefer to discuss Hearts than Hibs though, then go on ahead. Find it a little strange myself.

CropleyWasGod
19-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't call it obsessed in the slightest? Perhaps if I had posted the same thing aobut several posts about Hearts.

If you prefer to discuss Hearts than Hibs though, then go on ahead. Find it a little strange myself.

We can do both. :wink:

Kato
19-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Is anyone showing that preference?

MrRobot
19-07-2017, 12:22 PM
We can do both. :wink:

:na na:

southern hibby
19-07-2017, 12:41 PM
:na na:

God help your reaction when you find out how many pages of discussions there are about Rangers / The Rangers too.

GGTTH

MrRobot
19-07-2017, 01:11 PM
God help your reaction when you find out how many pages of discussions there are about Rangers / The Rangers too.

GGTTH

Probably get a post at best. :aok:

Not In The Know
19-07-2017, 01:19 PM

yes this here - take the medicine of reduced capacity.

AngloHibs
20-07-2017, 05:58 AM

I'm calling this now.

I know you are desperate for Hearts' new stand project to fail, but there's no need to make stuff up. No way did you just wander onto the site and get told this by the Foreman.

SlatefordHibby
20-07-2017, 06:12 AM
I'm calling this now.

I know you are desperate for Hearts' new stand project to fail, but there's no need to make stuff up. No way did you just wander onto the site and get told this by the Foreman.

:hmmm:

AngloHibs
20-07-2017, 06:14 AM
:hmmm:
Sorry for not following the herd mentality.

SlatefordHibby
20-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Sorry for not following the herd mentality.

Did you say herd or hearts mentality?

GreenLake
20-07-2017, 06:28 AM
I'm calling this now.

Yes of course, what a total impossibility. :faf:

:lolyam:

AngloHibs
20-07-2017, 06:46 AM
Yes of course, what a total impossibility. :faf:

:lolyam:
So you think it's likely that a foreman would have such a conversation with a random who had just wandered into his site?

Pretty Boy
20-07-2017, 07:00 AM
So you think it's likely that a foreman would have such a conversation with a random who had just wandered into his site?

Yes.

They are building new houses directly behind my house. I was walking past the other day and one of the gaffers (who I see from time to time) let on to me. I asked how long to go and he said 'supposed to be September but no ****ing chance.'

It's hardly sharing military intelligence or the nuclear passwords.

Aldo
20-07-2017, 07:47 AM
I'm calling this now. I know you are desperate for Hearts' new stand project to fail, but there's no need to make stuff up. No way did you just wander onto the site and get told this by the Foreman.

GG is the poster with all (or the majority of) Megastand updates.

Go and read some other threads about this and it will give you an insight to it.

Btw let's not kid ourselves on here, they are way behind schedule and that's just looking at the photos posted about the place.

As for calling it???? I think a few will be calling your post out??

fat freddy
20-07-2017, 08:13 AM
I'm calling this now.

Greenginger lives near the building site, he monitors the situation on our behalf. Site managers and site workers are notorious blethers, I should know, if Greenginger says its behind schedule its pretty certain its true. Looking at the pictures of the current progress I am certain it is behind schedule. Having worked on hundreds of these steel frame constructions, including the Easter Road East Stand, I tend to agree... There is no way that will be ready on time.

GreenLake
20-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Yes.

Turkish Green
20-07-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm calling this now.

I would not question Greenginger, but a foreman is another matter. How would a foreman know that budgie has gone to the SPFL to rearrange games. Site rumours? There would be more than one foreman depending on the number of trades. If it was the Project/Construction Manager then it would carry a bit more authenticity to it.

It may well be that the construction slips but weren't they on a tight schedule anyway.

WhileTheChief..
20-07-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm calling this now.

Agree 100%.

More wishful thinking on his part.

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 04:12 PM

This is contrary to what I've heard from someone who works on the site. It's on target for their Aberdeen game albeit it will be a shell with seats and toilets but useable. The actual offices and restaurants are next January.

Peevemor
20-07-2017, 04:23 PM
I would not question Greenginger, but a foreman is another matter. How would a foreman know that budgie has gone to the SPFL to rearrange games. Site rumours? There would be more than one foreman depending on the number of trades. If it was the Project/Construction Manager then it would carry a bit more authenticity to it.

It may well be that the construction slips but weren't they on a tight schedule anyway.
Site meetings.

At the (I'd imagine) weekly meetings everyone will be represented. The client (possibly Budge herself), the Architect, engineers, etc and each of the contractors (normally the site foreman + an office guy).

If the project is running late, then all possible solutions and outcomes will be discussed.

Pete
20-07-2017, 04:26 PM
We're talking a couple of weeks difference when considering the projected finish date and what GG is saying he's been told. It's hardly beyond the realms of impossibility.

You'd have to question why any genuine Hibs fan would jump on what he's saying. Makes you wonder if wee raw nerve has been touched.

Joe6-2
20-07-2017, 05:44 PM
They must be chuffed going to a stadium with less capacity than theirs though.

Not many of those! 😂😂

greenginger
20-07-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm calling this now.

You're right, I didn't wander on to the site, I was standing at the site entrance and the foreman came over for a chat with me.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Looking at the photos, there looks like no chance that the stand will be ready by sept 9th.
It will cost them a few quid but I think that game will go ahead as planned in front of three stands.
If the delay runs much longer then it will cost them a lot of money.
Not appointing a main contractor on a fixed price can sometimes by penny wise, pound stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 07:09 PM
You're right, I didn't wander on to the site, I was standing at the site entrance and the foreman came over for a chat with me.

I hope it does run late. It would be hilarious but I'd have to ask why he would say that to you ? From what I heard it's on schedule and there's no delay. I'm sorry but I too am calling it and saying I don't believe you as my source works on site and says there is no delay but they are working flat out

sleeping giant
20-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Is "calling it" the new buzz words ?

I thought that only Doctors "called it" when they couldn't save someone.

GreenLake
20-07-2017, 07:58 PM

The difference between a project manager and a foreman is like the difference between an economist and a shop steward.

One knows the facts about the country, and the other......

Jack Hackett
20-07-2017, 08:03 PM
The difference between a project manager and a foreman is like the difference between an economist and a shop steward.

One knows the facts about the country, and the other......

:tee hee:

:slipper:

greenginger
20-07-2017, 08:13 PM
I hope it does run late. It would be hilarious but I'd have to ask why he would say that to you ? From what I heard it's on schedule and there's no delay. I'm sorry but I too am calling it and saying I don't believe you as my source works on site and says there is no delay but they are working flat out

Maybe you could ask your source on the site how he feels about the work going on for six months and the Building Warrant not having been issued yet.

And , before you " call me " as you put it, check yourself on the Council Website.

Warrant application 16/03739 applied for in September 2016. Still noted as pending consideration.

Pete
20-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Is "calling it" the new buzz words ?

I thought that only Doctors "called it" when they couldn't save someone.

I hear it on Jambis kickback quite a lot.

:-o

Hermit Crab
20-07-2017, 08:16 PM
With the current state of the stars it does look unlikely that it will be finished on time and is it not well over budget too?

greenlex
20-07-2017, 08:24 PM
I've one claiming it's three weeks ahead of schedule.

Kato
20-07-2017, 08:25 PM
With the current state of the stars it does look unlikely that it will be finished on time and is it not well over budget too?....

I prefer the Tarot and they say a few weeks late as well.

greenginger
20-07-2017, 08:27 PM
With the current state of the stars it does look unlikely that it will be finished on time and is it not well over budget too?

If there is only a 4 week over-run it should be hailed as a success.

Building the stand from the back to the front and going off half-cocked without the designs approved is a recipe for delays and overspends.

If the builders get it within a month of schedule they deserve a medal, probs the only ones to be seen around Tynie this season. :greengrin

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Maybe you could ask your source on the site how he feels about the work going on for six months and the Building Warrant not having been issued yet.

And , before you " call me " as you put it, check yourself on the Council Website.

Warrant application 16/03739 applied for in September 2016. Still noted as pending consideration.

I have no wish to look on council websites at their application. If it's passed or not it doesn't interest me. It's also unrelated to your claims of being notified of is delayed which I'm assured it's not but hey I'll guess we will see come their game v Aberdeen. It'll be confirmed then.
My mate works on site and I've no reason to doubt him. But you seem to know more about the build and planning / building regs than Budgie. I couldn't care to be honest but I don't believe you got told that (or maybe you did and they're on to you given your fixation)

Libby Hibby
20-07-2017, 08:43 PM
I have no wish to look on council websites at their application. If it's passed or not it doesn't interest me. It's also unrelated to your claims of being notified of is delayed which I'm assured it's not but hey I'll guess we will see come their game v Aberdeen. It'll be confirmed then.
My mate works on site and I've no reason to doubt him. But you seem to know more about the build and planning / building regs than Budgie. I couldn't care to be honest but I don't believe you got told that (or maybe you did and they're on to you given your fixation)

It is quite important, no building warrant = no building warrant sign off = no occupation certificate = no fans in stand

Pete
20-07-2017, 08:45 PM

Why do you take your mates word for it yet point blank refuse to believe a fellow hibs fan?

Not only do you not consider his evidence, you try and ridiculed him as if he's obsessed to the point of lying.

I'm calling you.

sleeping giant
20-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Why do you take your mates word for it yet point blank refuse to believe a fellow hibs fan?

Not only do you not consider his evidence, you try and ridiculed him as if he's obsessed to the point of lying.

I'm calling you.

I concur :greengrin

20-07-2017, 08:49 PM
I prefer the Tarot and they say a few weeks late as well.

What do they say about us signing Stokes and Hendo?

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 08:50 PM

I'm calling you.

What evidence ?

Kato
20-07-2017, 08:55 PM
What do they say about us signing Stokes and Hendo?

...it drew "Fire", "The Milkman" and "Dead Elvis" so all good there.

Kato
20-07-2017, 08:56 PM
What evidence ?

His references to the Council websites you're not interested in.

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 09:00 PM
His references to the Council websites you're not interested in.

That's not what I originally replied about. It was the delay to the yams stadium. If there is a problem with their council applications then would it not be better taken up with the Council ? i merely countered the fact that a close friend of mine is working on their stand and there's no delay. As I said we'll soon find out and if it is then I'll gladly apologise.

Kato
20-07-2017, 09:05 PM
That's not what I originally replied about. It was the delay to the yams stadium.

So - you admit there's a delay.

If there is a problem with their council applications then would it not be better taken up with the Council ?

What would be the point of that?

i merely countered the fact that a close friend of mine is working on their stand and there's no delay.

So says your friend. What position does he hold to know such things? Is he as much of a shammy leather as the guy GG spoke to?

As I said we'll soon find out and if it is then I'll gladly apologise.

Get your mate to apologise, if that happens.

Libby Hibby
20-07-2017, 09:11 PM
That's not what I originally replied about. It was the delay to the yams stadium. If there is a problem with their council applications then would it not be better taken up with the Council ? i merely countered the fact that a close friend of mine is working on their stand and there's no delay. As I said we'll soon find out and if it is then I'll gladly apologise.

Could you speak to your friend and ask him what the delay duration was between the original programme for the precast installation element of phase 2 (lower part of stand) versus the current programme.

You see, a construction programme can finish on the same date but the tasks that get you there change about. Unfortunately, the precast is critical path and any delay to install will mean acceleration to other trades to try and catch up.

This is where the programme usually unravels as the follow on trades 'fail' through no fault of their own but they simply run out of time.

So even though your friend is being told there is no delay, there actually is quite a significant one for precast install.

20-07-2017, 09:12 PM
...it drew "Fire", "The Milkman" and "Dead Elvis" so all good there.

:thumbsup:

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Could you speak to your friend and ask him what the delay duration was between the original programme for the precast installation element of phase 2 (lower part of stand) versus the current programme.

You see, a construction programme can finish on the same date but the tasks that get you there change about. Unfortunately, the precast is critical path and any delay to install will mean acceleration to other trades to try and catch up.

This is where the programme usually unravels as the follow on trades 'fail' through no fault of their own but they simply run out of time.

So even though your friend is being told there is no delay, there actually is quite a significant one for precast install.

Well you seem to know more than anyone so there's obviously going to be a delay then

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 09:18 PM
So - you admit there's a delay.

What would be the point of that?

So says your friend. What position does he hold to know such things? Is he as much of a shammy leather as the guy GG spoke to?

Get your mate to apologise, if that happens.

I literally don't have the energy to respond to these points. But will in your first. The delay was mentioned by greenginger not me. I was responding to his post about what he said he was told was a delay. Jesus wept did you not read the thread ?

Libby Hibby
20-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Well you seem to know more than anyone so there's obviously going to be a delay then

I don't know more than anyone but I was told something regarding the precast install but if you could ask your friend the question posed, he could confirm one way or another.

Kato
20-07-2017, 09:23 PM
The delay was mentioned by greenginger not me.

Make your mind up.

Jesus wept did you not read the thread ?

Obvs :rolleyes:

Kato
20-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Aye, but yer pal though.

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't know more than anyone but I was told something regarding the precast install but if you could ask your friend the question posed, he could confirm one way or another.

He said that as things stand there is no delay to their Aberdeen game opening. Who knows maybe they caught up. Does it really matter ? Maybe GG can comment on your question. My mate does the stadiums services

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Make your mind up.

Obvs :rolleyes:
What are you actually in about "make your mind up". Let me try and spell it out to you then
GG said he was told there was a delay
I said I was told there is no delay as it stands at the moment
Is there anything about the above that is unclear ?

green day
20-07-2017, 09:31 PM
He said that as things stand there is no delay to their Aberdeen game opening. Who knows maybe they caught up. Does it really matter ? Maybe GG can comment on your question. My mate does the stadiums services

I don't think they will have a delay either. The question was if they would be occupying the new stand.

I cannae see it, but as you say let's wait and see.

Kato
20-07-2017, 09:35 PM
What are you actually in about "make your mind up". Let me try and spell it out to you then
GG said he was told there was a delay
I said I was told there is no delay as it stands at the moment
Is there anything about the above that is unclear ?

What are you calling him out on then?

For what it's I think Hearts will "extend the time-scale", so there will never be a delay. Just like they "extended the budget" so there wouldn't be an overspend.

Libby Hibby
20-07-2017, 09:35 PM

Thanks for that, could you ask you m8 in services when he is expected to start phase 2 service install and when he was supposed to start. The time delay on this compared to the delay duration for the precast will show how much has been caught up.

WhileTheChief..
20-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Putting an awful lot of faith in one wee thing being incorrectly updated on the council website.

Is anyone suggesting that fans won't be allowed to sit in the stadium when it's complete?

Or is the suggestion that something backhanded is going on?

Totally confused by it all.

Can we not just accept that the stand is being built in good faith but might take a bit longer than expected? It's hardly unusual is it?

Kinda wish they had more time to make it look better though. Those windows on the front are horrendous, don't know how anyone can describe it as classy.

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 09:40 PM
What are you calling him out on then?

For what it's I think Hearts will "extend the time-scale", so there will never be a delay. Just like they "extended the budget" so there wouldn't be an overspend.
That it's rubbish that it's delayed.
Look I couldn't care anymore so fair enough. I'll believe my mate and you can believe yours ?

Kato
20-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Look I couldn't care anymore so fair enough. I'll believe my mate and you can believe yours ?

None of my mates have commented on the matter.

Kato
20-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Kinda wish they had more time to make it look better though. Those windows on the front are horrendous, don't know how anyone can describe it as classy.

They could have all the time in the world and it would look cack-handed as they will never have any taste.

Aldo
20-07-2017, 09:48 PM
I smell a Y-M

Someone has their hackles up and protest waaaay to much.

My opinion mind!

Libby Hibby
20-07-2017, 09:49 PM
I smell a Y-M

My opinion mind!

I think your nose is finely tuned, sir.

Aldo
20-07-2017, 09:51 PM
I think your nose is finely tuned, sir. 👌 I think it's pretty obvious LH. 😁 Tbh not doing their cover very good either!

greenginger
20-07-2017, 09:54 PM

I don't think their timetable is worth any of us falling out over.

Maybe the guy who spoke to me was just looking for someone express his frustrations to, or maybe he knows something your guy doesn't, who knows ?

Time will tell. :agree:

Morganleith
20-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Apologies if I offended you I was just offering what I had heard also.

greenginger
20-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Apologies if I offended you I was just offering what I had heard also.

Offence ???? none taken and none , I'm sure intended.

This is a football fans site for , opinions , rumours, and everyone is allowed to post their views.

lapsedhibee
20-07-2017, 11:27 PM
I call this thread

Or any other thread that has plenty yambaiting in it

'Most enjoyable.'

surreyhibbie
20-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Offence ???? none taken and none , I'm sure intended.

This is a football fans site for , opinions , rumours, and everyone is allowed to post their views.

:agree:

Even undercover yam fuds

WeeRussell
21-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Probably totally off topic, but I just saw the thread title.

Some may be interested to hear we are even money to finish above Hearts this season with bet365. They have hearts as 8/11 favourites. There are a lot of very confident people on here with regards to our chances versus theirs who may see that as very nice value.

Aldo
21-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Some may be interested to hear we are even money to finish above Hearts this season with bet365. They have hearts as 8/11 favourites. There are a lot of very confident people on here with regards to our chances versus theirs who may see that as very nice value.

My yam associates believe they have signed better quality and we will struggle to finish anywhere near them and even top 6.

I said fine let's wait and see what happens.

I also suggested that one maybe 2 at a push would be in our starting 11. The one being Walker.

We shall do our talking on the park!

Albanian Hibs
21-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I smell a Y-M

My opinion mind!

Agreed and he has made it so obvious

GreenOnions
21-07-2017, 10:21 AM
My yam associates believe they have signed better quality and we will struggle to finish anywhere near them and even top 6.
I said fine let's wait and see what happens.
I also suggested that one maybe 2 at a push would be in our starting 11. The one being Walker.
We shall do our talking on the park!

It's obviously impossible to know exactly which sides will have improved the most over the close-season.

However - I think many would agree that Hearts had more to do than Hibs to get up to the standard required - especially after their January window.

There will be more signings to come from both sides I'm sure but the bare facts of things so far are that Hibs have signed more established quality in terms of international caps, higher-level experience etc.

Some of the less-known players for either side (Murray & Big Davie for us and Grzelak, Smith, Stockton & Smith-Brown for Hearts) may turn out to be gems but that is not yet known so hard to see how Hearts fans can be overly confident at the moment.

Either way - as our unbeaten run against them continues things will become clearer. Three years is a long time but four sounds better ☺

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-07-2017, 10:24 AM
They're just a bunch of arrogant fuds, they conveniently forget they still have Cathy in charge of the clowns, someone they wanted hung drawn and quartered a few weeks ago.

Absolute plums.

GreenLake
21-07-2017, 10:34 AM

You can get 6/2 for them not getting a penalty in the first game of the season, and 70/7.3 for it being not Walker diving to get it.

Steve20
21-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Both Hibs and Hearts will be top 6, IMO. Not sure who is looking the better to finish above the other just now.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2017, 11:05 AM
I reality I don't think the Yams have any better idea of how they are set for the new season than we do. They by all accounts played pretty well against Newcastle, but struggled to open up Elgin City. We played pretty well against Sunderland and very well at times against Montrose, but then St Johnstone put Sunderland into perspective by thumping them 3 - 0 though I would guess they are further forward in their pre season than we were.

The Yams have a number of new players and wont know how well they will get on as a team until they face a real test ..... Hibs are in the same boat to an extent with Whittaker, Murray, Swanson and Matulevicius, but we will get a better idea of where we are at when we face Ross County tonight, even though two of the folk on that list might not feature.

Both clubs are looking over their shoulder waiting for bids for their best players in Walker and McGinn ..... on that front the Yams are probably more nervous than we are, McGinn though a player who will obviously look to move eventually seems happy at Hibs for the moment and our asking price will put off a number of clubs .... Walker on the other hand seems far more unsettled and the Yams have apparently already turned down a bid of £600,000 from Sevco, but the question is how intransigent can they afford to be with 2 or 3 million quid still to find for their new stand and Walker's contract running down.

Both clubs are probably set enough that in general they can hope to be too good for clubs in what is likely to be the bottom 6 .... how set up they are to compete with last years top 4 is a different matter, only time will tell how that will go.

JeMeSouviens
21-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Both Hibs and Hearts will be top 6, IMO. Not sure who is looking the better to finish above the other just now.

I think we will. Depends how long they take to upgrade the laptop. :wink:

ChicagoHibee
21-07-2017, 11:30 AM

Agreed, both are top 6 clubs this season. With that said, I give Hibs the advantage since its being lead by Lennon. Much better manager.

Gordy M
21-07-2017, 11:36 AM

Hearts were in relegation form at the end of last season.....im not sure who they have signed apart from lafferty and berra....but those two wouldnt make them top 6 from the way they ended last season.....

cabbageandribs1875
21-07-2017, 11:39 AM
didn't realise hertz had sold their captain from last season..kitchen ?

Geo_1875
21-07-2017, 11:43 AM
didn't realise hertz had sold their captain from last season..kitchen ?

I thought their captain last season was Toilet.

Northernhibee
21-07-2017, 11:44 AM

No, Kitchen. Perry Kitchen.

Geo_1875
21-07-2017, 11:50 AM
No, Kitchen. Perry Kitchen.

I'm sure I heard him called Toilet, or it might have been *****3house.

cabbageandribs1875
21-07-2017, 11:53 AM

nothing a good flush won't sort out

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/former-hearts-captain-perry-kitchen-10742045

i wonder if he got 'Randers' mixed up with 'Rangers' and only realised he was in denmark, and not Govan,when he saw the signposts

Northernhibee
21-07-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm sure I heard him called Toilet, or it might have been *****3house.

Nah, definitely Perry Kitchen. He has a Wiki page and everything.

Geo_1875
21-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Nah, definitely Perry Kitchen. He has a Wiki page and everything.

Is he definitely gone?

Is it curtains for Kitchen?

JeMeSouviens
21-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Is he definitely gone?

You'd have to be blind(s) not to see that.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Lafferty might improve their options up front but Berra is not as good as Patterson.

snooky
21-07-2017, 12:41 PM

Naw, Herts have never been flush.

cabbageandribs1875
21-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Is he definitely gone?

pull yourself together man

21-07-2017, 12:49 PM
The tramps on keekback are ****ing themsleves into a coma over Lafferty scoring against the mighty footballing golliath that is Elgin City :rolleyes: whilst at the same time slagging Commons with one roaster even saying "the vermin are desperate, even a fully fit Commons wouldn't get into our starting 11". They're talking about Lafferty bagging 20+ goals this season. He's scored 64 goals in all competitions, at 8 different clubs since 2005, even in his prime at the huns he wasn't a 20+ a season striker so where they are getting that expectation from is anyones guess. 64 goals in 12 years really doesn't have me quaking in my boots. He'll pop up with goals now and again but absolutely nowhere near as much as the yams are thinking.

Honestly, you really couldn't make it up with them :faf:

SirDavidsNapper
21-07-2017, 12:56 PM
At the end of the day Hibs will do the talking on the park against that lot as usual

Lancs Harp
21-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Lafferty is a donkey, if not an ass. He makes Grant Holt look like Usain Bolt.:wink:

21-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Lafferty is a donkey, if not an ass. He makes Grant Holt look like Usain Bolt.:wink:

He certainly is, big lanky galoot but it will only take 1 goal against us to be a hero with the tramps even if he scores no other goals. Like with everything, it all lives and dies with how a player (or manager in Neilsons case) performs against hibs. He's already got the obligatory "sign for hearts and immediately have a dig at hibs to sook up to the fans" box ticked.

Neilson did a very good job at hearts, got them promoted first time of asking followed by a 3rd place finish, quite impressive but he was disliked by a lot of the hearts supporter because he failed against hibs. They are utterly defined by us. If they had held on against us at tynecastle and knocked us out the cup, Neilson would have been a hero. It'll be the same with Cathro, he's not popular but i'm sure he's aware that a win against us is enough to have the tramps bowing at his feet.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-07-2017, 01:35 PM
He certainly is, big lanky galoot but it will only take 1 goal against us to be a hero with the tramps even if he scores no other goals. Like with everything, it all lives and dies with how a player (or manager in Neilsons case) performs against hibs. He's already got the obligatory "sign for hearts and immediately have a dig at hibs to sook up to the fans" box ticked.

Neilson did a very good job at hearts, got them promoted first time of asking followed by a 3rd place finish, quite impressive but he was disliked by a lot of the hearts supporter because he failed against hibs. They are utterly defined by us. If they had held on against us at tynecastle and knocked us out the cup, Neilson would have been a hero. It'll be the same with Cathro, he's not popular but i'm sure he's aware that a win against us is enough to have the tramps bowing at his feet.

Excellent post and 110% spot on.

Libby Hibby
22-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Phase 2 precast coming along nicely......

Tobias Funke
22-07-2017, 03:14 PM

Brilliant post. A great analysis of the backwards mentality of your typical Hearts supporting moron.

heretoday
24-07-2017, 05:58 AM
We hate Jam Tarts and we hate Jam Tarts
Hate Jam Tarts and we hate Jam Tarts
Hate Jam Tarts and we hate Jam Tarts
We are the Jam Tarts haters

green glory
26-07-2017, 10:29 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/53c8e7ddbb0694962ba70d2f567722c8.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/508a7f501d3939b376f218212677192b.jpg

Frazerbob