18-07-2017, 07:06 PM
PSG £195 million and £25 million a year 😮
World gone f.....g mad !!

Onceinawhile
18-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Pretty sure it won't happen.

Heisenberg
18-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Probably just trying to get a higher wage at Barca.

The Spaceman
18-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Disgusting money. **** these clubs.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Seemingly PSG have a £200million transfer kitty

3pm
18-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Seemingly PSG have a £200million transfer kitty

Neymar and McGinn.

Jim44
18-07-2017, 07:26 PM
With no NHC in the thread title, my hopes were raised. :greengrin.

The Modfather
18-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Neymar or McGinn.

Fixed that for you 😀

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Neymar and McGinn.

Can't see them getting Neymar for 5 million.

hibeenicol
19-07-2017, 08:18 AM
It's all Skys fault.

hibsbollah
19-07-2017, 08:39 AM
PSG is owned by Qatari Sports Investments, who are themselves owned by Qatar Investment Authority. This basically means they have potential access to £100 billion of Qatari government assets. Yes, £100 BILLION. Financially, they can do what they like.

ehf
19-07-2017, 08:57 AM
PSG is owned by Qatari Sports Investments, who are themselves owned by Qatar Investment Authority. This basically means they have potential access to £100 billion of Qatari government assets. Yes, £100 BILLION. Financially, they can do what they like.

Also, they are the only senior football club in Paris, which is of a similar size to London, which has at least a dozen senior clubs. I've always wondered why that is, as it's very rare for a city of any decent size not to have at least two clubs.

hibsbollah
19-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Also, they are the only senior football club in Paris, which is of a similar size to London, which has at least a dozen senior clubs. I've always wondered why that is, as it's very rare for a city of any decent size not to have at least two clubs.

There is just no football culture in Paris. PSG is a recent invention (1970), and the anomaly that you describe is the reason that the Qataris chose them for their project ; strangle the domestic market with unstoppable spending power and then conquer Europe. Monaco beating them to ligue 1 title last year was one of the best things to happen in World football. Unfortunately I can't see it continuing, Daniel Alves is a great signing and there will be more.

Diclonius
19-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Criminal. It's about time we had caps on transfer fees and player wages.

Iain G
19-07-2017, 09:58 AM
With no NHC in the thread title, my hopes were raised. :greengrin.

It was all looking good but Mrs Neymar didn't like Edinburgh...

NAE NOOKIE
19-07-2017, 10:06 AM
There is just no football culture in Paris. PSG is a recent invention (1970), and the anomaly that you describe is the reason that the Qataris chose them for their project ; strangle the domestic market with unstoppable spending power and then conquer Europe. Monaco beating them to ligue 1 title last year was one of the best things to happen in World football. Unfortunately I can't see it continuing, Daniel Alves is a great signing and there will be more.

Perhaps it was Hibsbollah, but is it not the case that Monaco are also bankrolled by a guy with mega money ..... they have a smaller support than Hibs and a smaller stadium in a league with a TV deal that's pretty modest compared to England, Spain or Germany and yet they are a force domestically and in Europe .... part of the problem rather than the solution to it I would say.

Don't get me wrong .... I wouldn't complain if a bunch of middle eastern gentlemen pumped squillions into Hibs and got us up alongside the likes of Monaco or PSG. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened by now .... the attention a club breaking the OF duopoly in Scotland would get would bring it Europe wide coverage and that could be done with a very modest outlay compared to what you would have to spend in France for example ... you could guarantee Champions league football every season by spending about 40 million on a Scottish club, never mind 195 million on one player :greengrin

19-07-2017, 10:10 AM

Monaco are hardly squeaky clean. Their owner is another dodgy Russian oligarch with ties to Putin and, apparantly, Trump. It's difficult to see the success of any club with a background like that as "one of the best things to happen in world football".

hibsbollah
19-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Monaco are hardly squeaky clean. Their owner is another dodgy Russian oligarch with ties to Putin and, apparantly, Trump. It's difficult to see the success of any club with a background like that as "one of the best things to happen in world football".

Its certainly how I see it. Monaco may be owned by a Russian billionaire but they havent tried to hijack the marketplace as PSG have done, and their squad is full of cast offs from other clubs and youth team players, properly trained and moulded into a formidable team unit. (initially he authorised buying Falcao for £50million in 2011 but he changed his strategy after that). Its similar to the Leicester city experience; yes they are owned by a superrich businessman, its impossible for a club not to be these days, but they have spent and invested differently which is what matters.

PSG represent something different entirely.

19-07-2017, 11:47 AM
The money is getting crazier by the year. 6 years ago people were absolutely shocked at Chelsea smashing the Transfer record for Torres with £50m. Now, for these big clubs, £50m is not that big a deal.

Complete and utter madness.

The_Sauz
19-07-2017, 02:40 PM
It was all looking good but Mrs Neymar didn't like Edinburgh...
I heard that she did not like Portobello beach or Seton sands.....the woman has nae taste :greengrin

OsloHibs
19-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Not a PSG fan myself but I watch a lot of the french football via TV so hope it happens.

ChicagoHibee
20-07-2017, 12:12 AM
The money is getting crazier by the year. 6 years ago people were absolutely shocked at Chelsea smashing the Transfer record for Torres with £50m. Now, for these big clubs, £50m is not that big a deal.

No kidding. A club like Everton spent 30 million to acquire a prospect like Pickford. Insane!

Alex Trager
20-07-2017, 01:26 AM
Perhaps it was Hibsbollah, but is it not the case that Monaco are also bankrolled by a guy with mega money ..... they have a smaller support than Hibs and a smaller stadium in a league with a TV deal that's pretty modest compared to England, Spain or Germany and yet they are a force domestically and in Europe .... part of the problem rather than the solution to it I would say.

Don't get me wrong .... I wouldn't complain if a bunch of middle eastern gentlemen pumped squillions into Hibs and got us up alongside the likes of Monaco or PSG. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened by now .... the attention a club breaking the OF duopoly in Scotland would get would bring it Europe wide coverage and that could be done with a very modest outlay compared to what you would have to spend in France for example ... you could guarantee Champions league football every season by spending about 40 million on a Scottish club, never mind 195 million on one player :greengrin

This has always been my attitude to hibs and a billionaire.

We are the biggest attraction in terms of only needing to spend on the team.

Hearts don't own their own training facility, not sure the dons do either.

We have a completed stadium and no cash cows.

Aberdeen are far from that.

We are in the capital etc etc.

Little money would need to be spent to get us into the EL and doing a good job of being in there imo.

monktonharp
20-07-2017, 02:01 AM
help ma boab. last week, I was being slaughtered on here for questioning the totally silly money being thrown about, for players ...here we have another thread on the same situation.no man is worth that kinda money. stop this silly talk , goodnight

monktonharp
20-07-2017, 02:03 AM
Not a PSG fan myself but I watch a lot of the french football via TV so hope it happens.I would not blink an eyelid, If PSG went doon the tubes tommorow

monktonharp
20-07-2017, 02:10 AM

Don't get me wrong .... I wouldn't complain if a bunch of middle eastern gentlemen pumped squillions into Hibs and got us up alongside the likes of Monaco or PSG. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened by now .... the attention a club breaking the OF duopoly in Scotland would get would bring it Europe wide coverage and that could be done with a very modest outlay compared to what you would have to spend in France for example ... you could guarantee Champions league football every season by spending about 40 million on a Scottish club, never mind 195 million on one player :greengrinwhy do I get the sneaky feeling, that you really don't want our club to gamble with that sort of action? nice idea, to pump millions in but we do know what happened to neighbours who were promised so much, yet taken to the brink. I rest my case, your honour

hibsbollah
25-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Good article on this subject on the bbc site, although I'm still not quite understanding how Paris are utilising the FFP loophole.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40690701

HibernianJK
25-07-2017, 01:18 PM
No kidding. A club like Everton spent 30 million to acquire a prospect like Pickford. Insane!

I think that's a shrewd investment. Playing (what is now) a modest fee for players you hope to be at the club for 15 years isn't a bad idea.

nellio
25-07-2017, 01:36 PM

Man City just paid 50 million for a defender!!

Just Jimmy
25-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Man City just paid 50 million for a defender!!for the second summer in a row...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

alihibs1
25-07-2017, 02:17 PM
for the second summer in a row...

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkFor the second time this summer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
25-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Man City just paid 50 million for a defender!!

Mendy is a force of nature, wonderful player. That's not the maddest transfer this summer by a long way.

hibs#1
25-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Mendy is a force of nature, wonderful player. That's not the maddest transfer this summer by a long way.

Kyle walker was also 50 million.

Haymaker
25-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Kyle walker was also 50 million.

:faf:

hibs#1
25-07-2017, 05:46 PM
:faf:

As was John stones

Haymaker
25-07-2017, 05:48 PM
As was John stones

:faf: :faf:

Speedway
25-07-2017, 06:00 PM

In the 80s one of France's oldest clubs tried to challenge PSG for the number 1 in Paris.

Their stadium capacity currently is 1,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Club_de_France_football_Colombes_92

Peevemor
25-07-2017, 06:35 PM
I've no idea why, but none of the big cities in France has 2 'big' clubs.