CapitalGreen
18-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Knocked back our offer apparently....

source?

CMurdoch
18-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Not good if true.
Thought he could do a job.
He must have known how much we would pay before arriving.
Perhaps we only offered a 1 year deal and he wanted 2 or 3.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Our offer was what we'd be willing to pay him and how long for. Well done hibs for not being pressured

Bostonhibby
18-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Next please.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
18-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't have like to have seen us go radio rental on an offer for him, no huge loss.

CapitalGreen
18-07-2017, 03:22 PM
So we are treating this one as fact then despite there being no evidence to support it being true.

Golden Bear
18-07-2017, 03:28 PM
So another one may have bitten the dust. Are there any good strikers out there in the Hibs Net community?

phoenixfire
Bbc confirming it

HoboHarry
So we are treating this one as fact then despite there being no evidence to support it being true.
Is that not normal practice on here?

number9dream
18-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Heard it on a BBC Wales radio bulletin.

CMurdoch
18-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Not until I know the source.
Think the only reason he would turn us down after coming on trial would be a better offer now on the table from an English team

hibby19
18-07-2017, 03:31 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648034

Quotes and everything. On to the next one.

SlickShoes
18-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Not good if true.
Thought he could do a job.
He must have known how much we would pay before arriving.
Perhaps we only offered a 1 year deal and he wanted 2 or 3.

Folk thought it was the worst idea ever to try and sign him, now folk will pop up saying the opposite, hibs can't win.

Col2
18-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Pressure on now...... that's Lafferty and Church turned us down one way or another and Berry deal fell through for whatever reason.

IF stokes turns us down then we have a problem!

MyJo
18-07-2017, 03:36 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648034

Quotes and everything. On to the next one.

sounds like the length of contract on offer might have been a factor, didn't want to be away from his family and didn't want to move them all the way up here for just a 1 year contract.

Given his bad injury last year i can't imagine us committing to a longer deal than that.

J-C
18-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Pressure on now...... that's Lafferty and Church turned us down one way or another and Berry deal fell through for whatever reason.

Lafferty didn't turn us down as we never offered a deal, he didn't turn up for a meeting with Lennon.

Church must've known roughly what offers there may be on the table, I think this is another case of money down south making average players expect more than what they're worth.

Col2
18-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Lafferty didn't turn us down as we never offered a deal, he didn't turn up for a meeting with Lennon.

Church must've known roughly what offers there may be on the table, I think this is another case of money down south making average players expect more than what they're worth.

That why I said one way or another. Lafferty turned down a meeting with Hibs which may have led to a contract offer. Church quotes don't suggest betttr offer down south yet. Wasn't fussed about either especially Church but would rather we secured our targets.

easty

By not turning up, Lafferty was turning us down.

Ardenttwo

Dont say things like that you will upset the happy clappers

Sir David Gray
18-07-2017, 03:54 PM

By default, Lafferty did turn us down as he was expected to be in for talks and didn't show up. He maybe didn't turn down a deal as talks didn't go that far but he did turn the club down.

As for Church, I'm not overly fussed. If his heart's not in it then he's no good to us anyway.

Pete
18-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Fair enough and we move on. If we've offered him what we think is fair then we shouldn't be extending ourselves to suit players who probably aren't quite as good as they think they are.

It's a big world and there are lots of other players out there. Let's get finding them!

patch1875
18-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Amen

Onceinawhile
18-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Meh.

jdships
18-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Speaking with one of the " Development squad" a few minutes ago and he " understands it was problems with relocating his haimly- they were'nt keen on a " Scotland move "
If so fair enough !!
:Awright!:

overdrive
18-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Speaking with one of the " Development squad" a few minutes ago and he " understands it was problems with relocating his haimly- they were'nt keen on a " Scotland move "
If so fair enough !!

Why waste our time (and his) coming on trial if his family don't fancy it? He's basically used us to get fit by the sound of it.

Golden Bear
18-07-2017, 04:10 PM
If so fair enough !!

Confirmed by Radio Scotland. The package was "not attractive" enough for him to relocate his family.

Tamhere1875
18-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Seems his wife did not like Edinburgh

lyonhibs
18-07-2017, 04:15 PM
I read on here that he's gash according to some erudite and irrefutably knowledgeable chaps so good riddance.

We don't need international 28 year old strikers at the club anyway......

wpj
18-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Thought it was a thread on gay marriage!?

Baw187
18-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Behave. If players don't want to come based on how much we value them (or in Stokes case, how much we can afford I'd expect) then not much else we can do.

No problem, we just keep plugging away at trying to get the right mach.

We do need a striker, I agree, but sure we'll get someone in before the end of the window.

Speedway
18-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Sercome also said no.

It doesn't matter though, there's always Jermaine Pennant.

1875STEVE
18-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Folk thought it was the worst idea ever to try and sign him, now folk will pop up saying the opposite, hibs can't win.

Spot on.

It'l go from "he's *****"

To "lack of ambition"

snooky
18-07-2017, 04:30 PM
"There was I, waiting for the Church ....." :singing:

Didn't want hymn, tbh.

Next!

Speedway
18-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Anyone else think that this is a negotiating tactic from Church, especially the 'the offer wasn't QUITE right' bit?

Wilson
18-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Anyone else think that this is a negotiating tactic from Church, especially the 'the offer wasn't QUITE right' bit?

No.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2017, 04:38 PM

I'd have thought players coming upto Hibs on trial, would have an understanding of our wage structure

Heisenberg
18-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Sounds like he didn't fancy a move back up on the terms we were offering (length of contract maybe?). Sercombe also didn't want to move to himself and his family up to Edinburgh. Not much we can do about that.

Golden Bear
18-07-2017, 04:41 PM
It's all the Tache's fault for not being involved in the negotiations.

:rolleyes:

hibbygraham
I read on here that he's gash according to some erudite and irrefutably knowledgeable chaps so good riddance.

What's with the haughty tone?

A few people - myself included - commented that they'd seen him play, and didn't think he'd add anything to the team. Those are opinions; this is a football messageboard.

Get over yourself.

Malthibby

Didn't want hymn, tbh.

Next!

Meybes he's Anglican for more money?
I'll get me cassock.
GG

Golden Bear
18-07-2017, 04:45 PM

Didn't want hymn, tbh.

Next!

Pew, that was a close one. Hallelujah some would say. Therein ends the lesson for today.

biotech
18-07-2017, 04:46 PM
At the end of the day, we need players who want to play for the club. If Church thinks he can do better, then good luck to him. We need someone who complements Murray and we'll keep looking. Maybe Boyle upfront?

18-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Meybes he's Anglican for more money?
I'll get me cassock.
GG

Or maybe his faith didn't fit.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Seems his wife did not like Edinburgh

Got to really laugh if that's true

Where was he before? Milton Keynes and Kerkrade.

But doesn't want to move to a place regularly voted as one of the best and most beautiful cities in the world....

Aye ok love. Lol

Baw187
18-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Got to really laugh if that's true

Where was he before? Milton Keynes and Kerkrade.

But doesn't want to move to a place regularly voted as one of the best and most beautiful cities in the world....

Aye ok love. Lol

Some people are homely and don't like uprooting regardless of where too. Can't fault her if she doesn't want to move to a new city away from family and friends!

Seems completely reasonable to me.

snooky
18-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Confirmed by Radio Scotland. The package was "not attractive" enough for him to relocate his family.

Should have tried the horse's heid in the bed.

18-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Some people are homely and don't like uprooting regardless of where too. Can't fault her if she doesn't want to move to a new city away from family and friends!

And if she came to check out Edinburgh on Saturday when it was peein' doon in the middle of July that could have put her off.

stantonhibby
18-07-2017, 05:02 PM

Not much point in him coming up here for a trial then.

Ryan69
18-07-2017, 05:05 PM

We should maybe just sign the San Marino team then....as 11 internationals must be required.

Glad your not the manager.
Take Bale out of the Wales team.....and they are not really that great a team.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-07-2017, 05:06 PM

Bingo

If my wife didn't want to move to Leeds, I wouldn't go for a job interview for employment in Leeds

snooky
18-07-2017, 05:08 PM

Aye, you would think Mr & Mrs C would have discussed that factor before wasting our precious time. :crazy:
Sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me.

pacoluna
18-07-2017, 05:09 PM
I take it the "attraction" of Edinburgh and our second to none world class facilities wasn't enough to persuade him :D

Pete
18-07-2017, 05:14 PM
I wonder how attractive Edinburgh would be if he was to be offered more money.

BigT-Hibeez
18-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Onwards and upwards.. What was his name again??

JimboHibs
18-07-2017, 05:27 PM
We should maybe just sign the San Marino team then....as 11 internationals must be required.

Glad your not the manager.
Take Bale out of the Wales team.....and they are not really that great a team.

Really Aaron Ramsay & Ashley Williams both pish aye

Baw187
18-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Bingo

If my wife didn't want to move to Leeds, I wouldn't go for a job interview for employment in Leeds

Yeah but if you expected that job would pay you enough to commute between your job and your wife then you might consider it.

Then you interview, the company realise you've over egged your CV and applied for a higher paid position than you are capable of doing so offer you a more appropriate position at a lower wage.

You then say, '**** that', it's not worth he commute now so you decline.

Dalianwanda
18-07-2017, 05:32 PM
I take it the "attraction" of Edinburgh and our second to none world class facilities wasn't enough to persuade him :D

Maybe he's a private member & read the Edinburgh thread :wink:

Ryan69
18-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Really Aaron Ramsay & Ashley Williams both pish aye

Did I say pish?

Ramsay....is so over-rated,its just not funny anymore.
Williams....Is descent,but hardly amazing.

Take them 2 and Bale out.....and they are made up of lower league players.

cabbageandribs1875
18-07-2017, 05:37 PM
no big deal, we already have a simon

Pedantic_Hibee
18-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Thought it was a thread on gay marriage!?

The above didn't get the appreciation it absolutely merits 😂

Hibby_Paul
18-07-2017, 05:44 PM
The above didn't get the appreciation it absolutely merits 😂

Indeed v funny!

where'stheslope
18-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Just never aSPIRED to be with a great club!!!!

Real Emerald
18-07-2017, 05:55 PM
No idea what this guy was like or if he'd be any good or not, so can't really comment on my disappointment or otherwise. However, I'm not worried at missing out on yet another target we didn't really want anyway as I'm led to believe all our new quality strikers singed weeks ago and we've just to announce them at some point. Any concerns regarding replacing our missing players is just plain bed wetting, isn't it? 🙄 Stokes needs to erm... be delivered!

ekhibee
18-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Whatever other people think, Lennon obviously wanted to sign him and Church turned us down for whatever reason. I've only seen him once or twice, and I'd have been surprised if he was Lennon's first choice because he's pretty average/not bad. So without scaremongering I would suggest the manager is now going further down the list looking for strikers who are good enough and will accept our wage structure. I don't know anything about the wage structure but plenty of people on here seem to think it's fair so we'll have no problem signing a good striker. That's the theory anyway.

Jim44
18-07-2017, 06:02 PM
As long as Lennon and Dempster pursued him religiously, we can't argue with his decision.

CorrieHibs
18-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Did I say pish?

Joe Allen would walk into the Scotland team

Lago
18-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Knocked back our offer apparently....
Didn't think many wanted him here anyway, no doubt that will change now he's knocked back Hibs offer.

Ozyhibby
18-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Didn't want him anyway so I'm pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
18-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Did I say pish?

Care to let me know which lower league teams Ben Davis,James Collins,Andy King,Joe Allen,Joe Ledley play for 🤔

NAE NOOKIE
18-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Cant say I'm on the point of returning my season ticket on the back of this news .... as another poster alluded to, these days you are trying to attract folk who aren't exactly Messi who think they are worth his wages. If it is true that his missus didn't fancy Edinburgh I hope for her sake he gets an offer from New York or Rome coz she sounds hard to please.

It does appear to be becoming a struggle attracting a proven or at least experienced striker for what we have to offer .... If I was Oli Shaw I would be waking up every morning more and more full of hope and downing the protein shakes like water :greengrin

Ryan69
18-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Care to let me know which lower league teams Ben Davis,James Collins,Andy King,Joe Allen,Joe Ledley play for 🤔

Theres alot of poor Wales players then...happy now? Lol

There is quiet a few in lower leagues.

When Bale doesnt play.....they are average at best.

BullsCloseHibs
18-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Pretty clear we haven't got the money the likes of Aberdeen have, which is staggering.
But, no point in going into debt again. Blah blah blah....

Borderhibbie76
18-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Not that bothered about missing out on Church...what does concern me is how low down that list of targets Lenny is getting...i guess time will tell..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibstrooper
18-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Reckon Church was viewed as a backup rather than a starter, a replacement for Graham if rumours of him being allowed to leave are true.

The offer we made would have reflected that and coupled with the message he wouldn't be first choice is a good bet as to why we've arrived at this outcome.

Would he have been an upgrade on Graham? Probably. Will we get better quality in as our main striker? Probably. I'm no worried about this one

The Captain....
18-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Next....could barely raise the interest to open the thread on Church tbh much less any enthusiasm for his signing. I would imagine Lennon will be disappointed that another from his list has decided not to sign tho'.

I think they must be reasonably confident Stokes is signing or our striker search will be a bit of a last minute shop around...if Graham is being allowed to leave I think we need another 2 or more likely 3 minimum.

SRHibs
18-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Have to say this is getting pretty depressing. I know he wasn't exactly prolific but I quite liked the sound of him. Ah well, on to the next target!

SRHibs
18-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Reckon Church was viewed as a backup rather than a starter, a replacement for Graham if rumours of him being allowed to leave are true.

The offer we made would have reflected that and coupled with the message he wouldn't be first choice is a good bet as to why we've arrived at this outcome.

Would he have been an upgrade on Graham? Probably. Will we get better quality in as our main striker? Probably. I'm no worried about this one

I doubt it. He'll have been looked at as a starter IMO, with us using our promising youngsters as back up.

jdships
18-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Why waste our time (and his) coming on trial if his family don't fancy it? He's basically used us to get fit by the sound of it.

Don't know if you are married or have a steady girl friend, but if tou are you would know thst the " womenfolk" alwyas have the last word
In the late'70's I was offered a good ( financially) promotion which ment moving to south of England.
Ihad two weeks of discussion with the Company/my family and the night before I was to give my decision my wife decided " NO"
What's new ?

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

HoboHarry
18-07-2017, 07:19 PM

Aye because our budget allows us to full internationals with 38 full caps as back ups. Seriously?

neil7908
18-07-2017, 07:22 PM
I wonder how attractive Edinburgh would be if he was to be offered more money.

This 100%. Not knocking Hibs and Church is probably doing the polite and professional thing but really all comes down to money. Edinburgh is a decent place to live and given he's talked about looking abroad clearing uprooting the family isn't an issue.

Hibstrooper
18-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Aye because our budget allows us to full internationals with 38 full caps as back ups. Seriously?

Aye because in demand strikers need to go on trial to clubs half way across the country in hope of a deal. Seriously.

Maybe after assessing the boy first hand that's how Lennon's viewed him, it's not as if he got glowing reports from other fans.

All we know is he's claimed to have turned down a deal. He would have had an idea of our range prior to trial, you reckon he's been offered a deal at our top end to reflect his "pedigree" and he's still turned it down. Seriously?

HoboHarry
18-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Aye because in demand strikers need to go on trial to clubs half way across the country in hope of a deal. Seriously.

Maybe after assessing the boy first hand that's how Lennon's viewed him, it's not as if he got glowing reports from other fans.

All we know is he's claimed to have turned down a deal. He would have had an idea of our range prior to trial, you reckon he's been offered a deal at our top end to reflect his "pedigree" and he's still turned it down. Seriously?
You'll make yourself dizzy going round in circles like that lol....... Glowing reports from fans? Like that's important :faf:

SRHibs
18-07-2017, 07:36 PM

I think he's been offered a decent deal as a first choice striker and has turned it down. Not necessarily "top end" but I highly doubt he was being looked at as back-up and there's nothing to indicate this the case.

Hibstrooper
18-07-2017, 07:45 PM
You'll make yourself dizzy going round in circles like that lol....... Glowing reports from fans? Like that's important :faf:

No but generally it's quite a good gauge of how good a player actually is.

I love how Church seems to have turned into some World Cup superstar now he's declined a deal.

Centre Hawf
18-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Wasn't inspired to hear we were looking at him and I'm fine if hes turning us down. Welsh Caps or not I don't particularly rate him. Move on and lets improve our Starting XI.

Real Emerald
18-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Wasn't inspired to hear we were looking at him and I'm fine if hes turning us down. Welsh Caps or not I don't particularly rate him. Move on and lets improve our Starting XI.

Not bothered about him either but I am worried we now go lower down the pecking order than a striker we all apparently didn't want, when we've all been told not to worry as targets have been identified and are ready to sign. We've wasted a bit of time and effort on this so hope the time and effort on Stokes is not wasted too. Where do we go from here is the question 😉

Oranje39
18-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Thought he could have been a good signing. Totally understand his reason not for signing though.

Nutmegged
18-07-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm happy about this although I'm disappointed that Lennon wanted him, saw him at Aberdeen in 2015-16 and while he did alright at times I don't think he'd offer us a regular goal threat we truly need.

CMurdoch
18-07-2017, 08:41 PM
IMO

He came on trial and will have been informed roughly of wage on offer.
Edinburgh wouldn't be a problem

From those assumptions and his comments today I believe he did not consider the length of the contract offered to him to be long enough to uproot his family which is fair enough.

snooky
18-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Thought he could have been a good signing. Totally understand his reason not for signing though.

Three reasons I think you might be a clandestine Rangers fan, O39. :greengrin :wink:

eastmainsmsh
18-07-2017, 08:54 PM
He couldn't cut it at rkc

mixumatosis
18-07-2017, 09:06 PM
I don't care. I'll touch it if I want, it's my body. (Has someone done this joke already ?)

Eyrie
18-07-2017, 10:22 PM
As an atheist I'm very relaxed about having no Church at Easter Road.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 10:27 PM
As an atheist I'm very relaxed about having no Church at Easter Road.

I was looking forward to the denomination debate.

monktonharp
18-07-2017, 11:07 PM

Seems completely reasonable to me.Berkshire is miles away

monktonharp
18-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Aye because our budget allows us to full internationals with 38 full caps as back ups. Seriously?we just signed a 33 yr old with 31 caps Not sure where he fits in yet though :wink:

Velma Dinkley
18-07-2017, 11:47 PM
I think he's been offered a decent deal as a first choice striker and has turned it down. Not necessarily "top end" but I highly doubt he was being looked at as back-up and there's nothing to indicate this the case.

His history of injury and the fact we didn't offer him a deal he felt was worth relocating his family for (ie presumably not a long deal) are decent indicators.

Tyler Durden
19-07-2017, 06:15 AM
I'm pleased to read this. He's not very good as will be proved now from wherever he ends up.

38 caps for Wales means nothing.

The apparent lack of other targets is a bit more worrying but hopefully we're waiting for the trickle down effect of English teams making their own signings and freeing up players

davhibby
20-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Article in the Sun with quotes from Lennon saying he was never offered a deal

southern hibby
21-07-2017, 12:06 AM
If we're that desperate for a Church we could always go for the one at the top of Easter Road as its up for sale.

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2017, 03:51 AM
Article in the Sun with quotes from Lennon saying he was never offered a deal

Sounds like someone is going to confession on that point then ;)

lucky
21-07-2017, 04:00 AM
Players and agents play games to get the best deals they can. Big Dave never had to go on trial to get a deal but Church had to come up and try and prove himself. That in itself tells you Lennon was not convinced by him

J-C
21-07-2017, 07:20 AM
I'm pleased to read this. He's not very good as will be proved now from wherever he ends up.

38 caps for Wales means nothing.

The apparent lack of other targets is a bit more worrying but hopefully we're waiting for the trickle down effect of English teams making their own signings and freeing up players

Owen Tudor Jones has 7 caps for Wales and he was bloody awful.

greenlex
21-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Players and agents play games to get the best deals they can. Big Dave never had to go on trial to get a deal but Church had to come up and try and prove himself. That in itself tells you Lennon was not convinced by him
I think it was more to do with proving his fitness and desire to be here. Rather like Pennant.

bigwheel
21-07-2017, 07:25 AM

Lennon offered him deal - he wanted him...

bingo70
21-07-2017, 07:37 AM

Think Lennon denied that in yesterday's press conference.

BoomtownHibees
21-07-2017, 07:42 AM

So is NL lying?

bigwheel
21-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Think Lennon denied that in yesterday's press conference.

Ah...thanks hadn't heard that

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Managers lie all the time in pressers. Or do you really believe that lenny also has no idea what the situation is with Stokes.

Id be concerned if that were the case, but im certain it isnt.

Souter96Mac
21-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Managers lie all the time in pressers. Or do you really believe that lenny also has no idea what the situation is with Stokes.

I think that situation is different as Stokes is still contracted to Blackburn and there's not been any announcement on their end to suggest he's been released just yet.

SRHibs
21-07-2017, 07:53 AM

I'd say Church has more reason to lie (increasing demand for himself) than Lennon does.

mjhibby
21-07-2017, 07:56 AM
I would find it hard to believe that we offered church a deal then signed Davy a few days later. They presumably were designated the target man role and daveys deal would have taking a wee while to piece together. Church was on trial and daveys wasn't. On all available evidence it would point to church stretching the truth.

CapitalGreen
21-07-2017, 07:58 AM
I'd say Church has more reason to lie (increasing demand for himself) than Lennon does.

This, you got to ask why Church was doing radio interviews the day after. Sounds to me like his agent wanted to get ahead of the news that we were not keeping him on and was making sure people knew he was still available.

bigwheel
21-07-2017, 08:52 AM

I don't think either will be lying...the truth is football deals take a number of routes and twist and turns. For Church to have been with us so long, there will have likely been some level of conversation with his agent about deal expectations. We may well have not offered formally any deal..but he may have got an indication that it would only be a one year deal. I suspect neither is outright lying.

Brightside
21-07-2017, 09:09 AM
I suggest people need to stop bed wetting about us missing out on deal when we aren't.

SlickShoes
21-07-2017, 09:13 AM
I would find it hard to believe that we offered church a deal then signed Davy a few days later. They presumably were designated the target man role and daveys deal would have taking a wee while to piece together. Church was on trial and daveys wasn't. On all available evidence it would point to church stretching the truth.

With what Lennon is saying now it looks more like Church was option 2 if Davy didn't work out, none of us knew about him and he was signed really quickly after Church went to the media to say he had turned us down.

J-C
21-07-2017, 09:37 AM
I suggest people need to stop bed wetting about us missing out on deal when we aren't.

The same goes for Lafferty, he didn't show up and no deal was ever spoken about, he was an option that popped up unexpectedly as we hadn't look at him initially until his representatives wanted a meeting, he wasn't a target to lose out on.

bigwheel
21-07-2017, 09:58 AM

...that's football is it not...Danni Alves recently shook hands face to face with Guardiola on a move to Man City, then his girlfriend preferred Paris to Manchester and he ended up at PSG..it happens to even the big money clubs. They then went and secured Walker from Spurs. We will have definitely missed out on some of our targets. Yet, as I'm sure you have said , we will have a big list, and then go to the other options..

CMurdoch
21-07-2017, 11:06 AM
I don't think either will be lying...the truth is football deals take a number of routes and twist and turns. For Church to have been with us so long, there will have likely been some level of conversation with his agent about deal expectations. We may well have not offered formally any deal..but he may have got an indication that it would only be a one year deal. I suspect neither is outright lying.

I'm with you on this explanation.

Juice-Terry
21-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Ah...thanks hadn't heard that
Classic.

jgl07
21-07-2017, 08:38 PM
I was looking forward to the denomination debate.
That would be an ecumenical matter!