PDA

View Full Version : Finally dumped SKY SPORTS

hibeerealist
18-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Been thinking/intending on doing this for a few years. What they give us is an insult, not only when compared to the EPL but the other leagues in Europe and probably elsewhere.

I have read the other thread about Setanta and SPL scenario but even then we were not exactly well paid for our product.

SKY are just ramming us and I have had it with them, hopefully a huge number of Scottish fans dump them and maybe then they will get real.

Rant over!

EH54
18-07-2017, 02:55 PM
I got rid of them last year, Awful broadcasters for Scottish Football although the SC Final coverage was no bad :).

frazeHFC
18-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Even with all the top games Sky was expensive, but with no Champions League and losing out on some of the top games to BT it really is a ridiculous price.

Not to mention the stupid amounts of money it gives the English league's.

JohnMcM
18-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I dumped them last season after I saw the monetary figures and the scheduling at that point. Stuff them and their attitude toward Scottish football in general.

Thought initially I was cutting of my nose to spite my face, turns out I'm not alone.

DaveF
18-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Mine went 6 months ago. Can't say I miss it too much.

Geo_1875
18-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Been thinking/intending on doing this for a few years. What they give us is an insult, not only when compared to the EPL but the other leagues in Europe and probably elsewhere.

I have read the other thread about Setanta and SPL scenario but even then we were not exactly well paid for our product.

SKY are just ramming us and I have had it with them, hopefully a huge number of Scottish fans dump them and maybe then they will get real.

Rant over!

I've never subscribed to Sky and never will. They literally pump money into minority sports to create an audience. Netball, American "soccer", fishing for **** sake. They would happily pay for a Glasgow derby every week but actively **** the rest of us over with little money and ridiculous kick-off times. I know other channels are as bad but it is driven by Sky and accepted by the football authorities in Scotland. I'd rather tell them to ram it and play our games at 3:00 pm on a Saturday.

Kojock
18-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I likewise dumped Sky last year, was paying over £100 per month, no way is it worth anything near that.

CMurdoch
18-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Rant over!

Well done, did the same when I saw our premiership teams get £15 million a season from the TV companies and premiership teams in Denmark get £26 million.
How the hell an that be? Vote with your feet.

pacoluna
18-07-2017, 03:12 PM
I subscribe at Christmas just for the Darts.

Robinho08
18-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Never had Sky Sports, but me and the missus dumped Sky altogether earlier this year. What you get for your money is poor. Get Free Sat through our old box and still get the majority of channels we watched anyway.

Plus if Rupert Murdoch ends owning them outright... No thanks!

Col_0762
18-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I likewise dumped Sky last year, was paying over £100 per month, no way is it worth anything near that.

Why do folk pay that much? Mines is c£35 for my tv package. That's the full shooting match. I got that offer in October last year and it runs for a year. When that is about to expire, you phone them up, cancel, wait till around the week before they switch you off, receive the phone call from them and get roughly the same deal for another year, give or take a few quid depending what they can do at that time. Sure my one before was about £36 for 6 months. I'm amazed anyone pays even close to £100 for a sky tv package.

CorrieHibs
18-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Rant over!

Well done mate. I have been urging friends and family to do it as well.

Ruining our game and making English football more profitable.

The Captain....
18-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Finally got rid a couple of months ago..haven't missed it so far..was fed up with EPL and CL on Sky & BT...pale imitations of the Hibees! Loads seem to be following suit according to an article I remember reading a month or so ago...could be the beginning of the end of EPL silly money for average players soon maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simple
18-07-2017, 03:24 PM

Rant over!

Well done.

It would be great if more Scottish football fans done likewise.

I will watch a EPL or champions league if I'm in the pub, but the majority of the time I couldn't care less about these overpaid spectacles.

Bostonhibby
18-07-2017, 03:24 PM

Rant over!Good on you.

Dumped them years ago simply because I felt it was Scottish fans subsidising the bloated circus that's the English transfer market. If plenty more do it who knows what might happen.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Callum_62
18-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Why do folk pay that much? Mines is c£35 for my tv package. That's the full shooting match. I got that offer in October last year and it runs for a year. When that is about to expire, you phone them up, cancel, wait till around the week before they switch you off, receive the phone call from them and get roughly the same deal for another year, give or take a few quid depending what they can do at that time. Sure my one before was about £36 for 6 months. I'm amazed anyone pays even close to £100 for a sky tv package.

Agree - had friends n fam deal at £30 p/m, that just ran out so phoned and asked what they could give

£38.75 per month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJo
18-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Stopped paying for Sky almost two years ago, went to BT for my broadband and get BT sport for free. I have little interest in English football and even less interest in helping to fund the crazy money that is being spent down there.

The only thing i was ever interested in watching on sky sports apart from Hibs was the NFL but I stream the NFL network and American broadcasts instead now.

Baw187
18-07-2017, 03:32 PM
I like it. Not sure I'll ever get rid but then again, apart from Hibs, I can take or leave Scottish football.

Not saying it's great value for money in general but I certainly watch enough for it to be worth it to me.

Each to their own though.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I ditched it about a year ago for similar reasons. Individually it's not much but collectively I hope their profits take a massive drop!

The problem we have though is that we live in the social media age so the demand for football coverage, particularly of the EPL will unfortunately always be there.

Ozyhibby
18-07-2017, 03:45 PM
I ditched it about a year ago for similar reasons. Individually it's not much but collectively I hope their profits take a massive drop!

The problem we have though is that we live in the social media age so the demand for football coverage, particularly of the EPL will unfortunately always be there.

It's all available for free anyway through kodi. Cancelled a while back and have not missed it.
Still have Netflix though but that it great value for money.

eastcoasthibby
18-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Rant over!

Did this 18 months ago absolutely disgusting the money getting pumped into English leagues ...and its knackering football.So binned them would rather spend it on Hibs ...

Killiehibbie
18-07-2017, 03:54 PM
I think i'd even refuse to take it even if it was for nothing.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-07-2017, 03:58 PM
It's all available for free anyway through kodi. Cancelled a while back and have not missed it.
Still have Netflix though but that it great value for money.

We use the same methods to watch our entertainment my friend. I get Netflix for £2.20 a month and my sport free (not that I watch a lot these days mind you)

Not sure when Kodi will be shut down for good but it's a great source right now 👌

horseflesh
18-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Why do the Scottish league not get a correct percentage of the money going into the English game? Surely the sfa can ask for games not to be shown in Scotland when a Scottish match is on? Bloody ridiculous that kids are waltzing around with English premiership strips on, 10% of what the English leagues get would be correct population wise and that we be an eye watering sum of money.
Sick to the back teeth of teams who couldn't lick spit of the feet of hibs now snatching any half decent Scottish player for peanuts.
Rant over

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Had it for years and would never drop it, each to their own.

southern hibby
18-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I got rid last year keep phoning up offering unique deals but I tell them I have to refuse because of the pittance they offer Scottish football. Twice I've been met with but but you get great English coverage to which I answer do I sound English.

They have to know that you leave because of poor Scottish football coverage. Maybe if enough do then we can get a deal worthy of our money.

GGTTH

snooky
18-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Never had it, never wanted it, never will want it.
Screw Murdoch & his ilk.
Peace to all mankind.
Sermon over.

Weir07
18-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Rant over!

I stopped subscribing to Sky Sports about 6 months ago, partly due to cost, (they not only increased the price of sports when they won the new rights package to show the EPL, they also put a pound or two on other packages and broadband) but mostly because of the massive amount of money given to the English clubs in comparison to the amount the Scottish clubs get, the financial disparity between the top two tiers of English football and the Scottish top division is frightening and I didn't want to contribute to that, much better to support my local team and league. Oh, I also haven't missed it a bit!

Roxyhibee
18-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Never had it, never will. A bloated grotesque product I have little interest in.

That evil old global controlling megalomaniac will never darken my doorstep.

ALF TUPPER
18-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Dont subscribe to any now but with wonders of android apps I can screen it all on my tv. :-)

hibeerealist
18-07-2017, 04:12 PM
I got rid last year keep phoning up offering unique deals but I tell them I have to refuse because of the pittance they offer Scottish football. Twice I've been met with but but you get great English coverage to which I answer do I sound English.

They have to know that you leave because of poor Scottish football coverage. Maybe if enough do then we can get a deal worthy of our money.

GGTTH

I did tell them why SH and agree if we do that then they just might take some notice although I doubt it!! Good to hear a number of fellow Hibbies have dumped them!!

Pete
18-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Never had it. I had that package with that fat boy and the monkey a few years ago and while I did enjoy it, I soon got pissed off with being told that the upcoming Coventry v Southampton match was the best thing since sliced bread.

Now TV and channel five (to get the real English football) is all I need.

hibeerealist
18-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Had it for years and would never drop it, each to their own.

Your English team see plenty pounds out of It and are on live a lot too so there is a good reason for folk like you to keep it.

I really do hope the day comes when they go belly up. We can all get back to 3pm Saturday KO and support our teams!!!

snooky
18-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Your English team see plenty pounds out of It and are on live a lot too so there is a good reason for folk like you to keep it.

I really do hope the day comes when they go belly up. We can all get back to 3pm Saturday KO and support our teams!!!

:agree:

greenlex
18-07-2017, 04:25 PM
We all moan about the amount of cash they put into Scottish football. The EPL is on at the prime /usual times over the week. If Sky were to considerably up the money put in we would have to really move the kick offs and days to accommodate them. Anyone willing to Play league games on a Saturday/SUnday morning or Saturday or Sunday evening for instance or a Tuesday night just to get the cash in?

Baw187
18-07-2017, 04:36 PM
I've actually just called them and ordered another Sky Q mini for my kitchen so I can pig out on EPL, La Liga, F1 etc while the kids take over the living room.

At the end of the day, it's an entertainment package and if you watch a lot of tv, movies and sports and have kids that watch a lot of cartoons, then it's great. Their 4k coverage is also top drawer if you like that kind of thing.

I don't get the anti capitalist activism around Sky!! [emoji23][emoji23] Pretty sure you line the pockets of corporate fat cats in many other ways!!

Hippies [emoji849][emoji13]

Malthibby
18-07-2017, 04:43 PM
I've actually just called them and ordered another Sky Q mini for my kitchen so I can pig out on EPL, La Liga, F1 etc while the kids take over the living room.

At the end of the day, it's an entertainment package and if you watch a lot of tv, movies and sports and have kids that watch a lot of cartoons, then it's great. Their 4k coverage is also top drawer if you like that kind of thing.

I don't get the anti capitalist activism around Sky!! [emoji23][emoji23] Pretty sure you line the pockets of corporate fat cats in many other ways!!

Hey, peace man.....
Murdoch can gtf :na na:

Baw187
18-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Hey, peace man.....
Murdoch can gtf :na na:

[emoji23][emoji1303] He is an auld decrepit *******!

Pete
18-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Maybe I'm being daft here but why do Liverpool fans entertain Sky when they take such a hard line against the Sun?

Are they not part of the same greedy, capitalist, Labour-hating Murdoch machine?

:dunno:

WhileTheChief..
18-07-2017, 04:47 PM
You'd think that you had all managed to give up alcohol, drugs and gambling at once!

Don't really get the back slapping, it's only a tv channel!!

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Kodi and a subscription of £1 a week for all the sport I want and even loads more I have no intention of watching.

hibby6270
18-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Always had it. I'm a sports junkie should suffer massive withdrawal symptoms if it was taken away.
I'm also "fortunate" getting it through Virginmedia means I get BT Sport and Eurosport as well
Happy days. Not likely to get rid either.
As has been said - each to their own.

Golden Bear
18-07-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm limited by choice as I live an area without cable tv and there is limited Freeview coverage because of poor reception.

I've had SKY since 1986 and I'd struggle without it as I'm a bit of a sports fanatic (excluding cricket and Formula 1!) I just renegotiated my package, only trouble is its now over 18 months.

Roxyhibee
18-07-2017, 04:58 PM

Murdoch and his hunger for global control, government influencing, huge network of phone tapping **** reporters are far more sinister than everyday capitalism or buying goods from fat cat companies.

If you can't see that - well, 😂 yep.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Maybe I'm being daft here but why do Liverpool fans entertain Sky when they take such a hard line against the Sun?

Are they not part of the same greedy, capitalist, Labour-hating Murdoch machine?

:dunno:

My gripe is with the Sun newspaper and Kelvin Mackenzie in particular not SKY.

offshorehibby
18-07-2017, 05:03 PM
I've been seriously thinking about binning Sky movies from my VM package so would probably end up binning sport as well.

I honestly can't remember the last time i actually watched a movie on sky. If the footie doesn't involve Hibs i can't be ersed usual, the only thing i'll watch regularly is the darts.

Baw187
18-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Murdoch and his hunger for global control, government influencing, huge network of phone tapping **** reporters are far more sinister than everyday capitalism or buying goods from fat cat companies.

If you can't see that - well, [emoji23] yep.

I simply just don't care!

Golden Bear
18-07-2017, 05:06 PM
I simply just don't care!

And me.

Apathy rules ok.

:greengrin

fat freddy
18-07-2017, 05:13 PM
dont watch tv in the traditional way, refuse to hand any money to North Korean type national broadcasters via tv license. Got NOW tv which allows me access to youtube and random other shows/films which i rarely watch. just dont bother with much tv at all these days, its all just dumbed down crap that insults our intelligence. during the season i can watch football on bbc i player for nothing, they'll close that loophole eventually as more and more people refuse to pay for a license. on the whole i prefer to read.

snooky
18-07-2017, 05:20 PM
dont watch tv in the traditional way, refuse to hand any money to North Korean type national broadcasters via tv license. Got NOW tv which allows me access to youtube and random other shows/films which i rarely watch. just dont bother with much tv at all these days, its all just dumbed down crap that insults our intelligence. during the season i can watch football on bbc i player for nothing, they'll close that loophole eventually as more and more people refuse to pay for a license. on the whole i prefer to read.

This 100%.
(And you can add all the propaganda for good measure).

andybev1
18-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Always had it. I'm a sports junkie should suffer massive withdrawal symptoms if it was taken away.
I'm also "fortunate" getting it through Virginmedia means I get BT Sport and Eurosport as well
Happy days. Not likely to get rid either.
As has been said - each to their own.

Just out of curiosity how much do you pay for the sports package.

Can anyone update me about this Kodi thingy pls.

Baw187
18-07-2017, 05:43 PM

Google Kodi. Plenty information on how to set it up. [emoji1303]

Ozyhibby
18-07-2017, 06:01 PM

It's really easy to install. Plenty videos on YouTube.

lapsedhibee
18-07-2017, 06:05 PM

They'll probably close it on 1st September 2016! :wink:

Big L
18-07-2017, 06:18 PM
A few yrs ago I read that Scotland has more Sky viewers per head of population than any other country in Europe, and they treat us like muck!

Cardinal Hibernian
18-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Binned Sky Sports and all Sky in May after 9 years. Had previously threatened to cancel and got a reduced deal. Even more of a discount dangled this time but household decision to bin them. No regrets.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Dumped them when I had to get rid of my wee box of tricks....:greengrin

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Dumped them years ago. Now I see more games than ever before for less than 14p per day. :wink:

Lago
18-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Never had it. I had that package with that fat boy and the monkey a few years ago and while I did enjoy it, I soon got pissed off with being told that the upcoming Coventry v Southampton match was the best thing since sliced bread.

Now TV and channel five (to get the real English football) is all I need.
I'm with you got rid of it years & years ago, suddenly realised that Stoke v Crystal Palace for instance was mind numbingly boring.

macca70
18-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Just got sky installed in the new place today.

The sales guy last week said to hold of adding the Sky Sports package til today as they are launching there new Channel set up and will be offering deals to existing customers, looking at about £20 p/m for all the sports.

Have you seen the cost of the Mayweather v MacGregor fight!!! Wowser, that is ludicrous. £90 for existing Sky Sports subscribers and £130 for non existing Sky Sports subscribers!! The UK should take the collective decision to boycott this and stream it from US TV as those prices are properly shocking.

Baw187
18-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Just got sky installed in the new place today.

The sales guy last week said to hold of adding the Sky Sports package til today as they are launching there new Channel set up and will be offering deals to existing customers, looking at about £20 p/m for all the sports.

Have you seen the cost of the Mayweather v MacGregor fight!!! Wowser, that is ludicrous. £90 for existing Sky Sports subscribers and £130 for non existing Sky Sports subscribers!! The UK should take the collective decision to boycott this and stream it from US TV as those prices are properly shocking.

That will be a Kodi watch for free effort that! That price is ludicrous.

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Not sure when Kodi will be shut down for good but it's a great source right now 👌

Never. It will just come back in a different name. They'll never be able to stop it unless they fully regulate the internet. The day that happens will be the day people stop using the internet altogether.

McD
18-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Im sure the thousands of staff will be really happy for you feeling smug, when they're heading to the job centre. Especially the Scottish staff

MyJo
18-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Google Kodi. Plenty information on how to set it up. [emoji1303]

:agree: £35 on an amazon firestick and half an hour on google is the best investment i've ever made.

snooky
18-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Never. It will just come back in a different name. They'll never be able to stop it unless they fully regulate the internet. The day that happens will be the day people stop using the internet altogether.

...and Westmonster will be delighted.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 06:40 PM

Yes it will be a tremendous day for their employees eh!

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 06:44 PM

Or you could pay some chap 50 quid a year and get everything. All sports, including all PPVs.

hibeerealist
18-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Im sure the thousands of staff will be really happy for you feeling smug, when they're heading to the job centre. Especially the Scottish staff

ok Rupert but unfortunately there is always a price. What about all the employed staff that have been cast aside by a lot of our football clubs as they cannot afford to pay them?

The only ones making on these obscene tv deals are Rupert & co AND a load of mercenary, mostly foreign, so called footballers!!

hibeerealist
18-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Yes it will be a tremendous day for their employees eh!

Replied to this comment from another netter, unfortunately there is always a cost and some suffer what about those paid off by many Scottish clubs?

The_Sauz
18-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Well if it's good enough for the Steel workers/Miners/Fishermen/ Car-Van Plant workers, then it's good enough for sky workers! Plus there are plenty call centres looking for workers, so I'm sure they will survive :agree:

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Replied to this comment from another netter, unfortunately there is always a cost and some suffer what about those paid off by many Scottish clubs?

Yes what about them, do you feel smug when you hear of them being paid off too?

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Yes what about them, do you feel smug when you hear of them being paid off too?

You seem awfy smug about it.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 07:09 PM
well if it's good enough for the steel workers/miners/fishermen/ car-van plant workers, then it's good enough for sky workers! Plus there are plenty call centres looking for workers, so i'm sure they will survive :agree:

wtf?

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 07:10 PM
You seem awfy smug about it.

Smug about what? You're the one smug about paying 14p a day. I would never feel smug about anyone losing a job.

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Smug about what? You're the one smug about paying 14p a day. I would never feel smug about anyone losing a job.

But you are pretty much saying that people should support Sky in order to protect jobs, while ignoring the jobs that have been lost as a result of Sky. You don't seem to mind job loses, as long as you get what you want out of it, so you can't really claim the moral high ground over anyone else on here.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 07:22 PM
But you are pretty much saying that people should support Sky in order to protect jobs, while ignoring the jobs that have been lost as a result of Sky. You don't seem to mind job loses, as long as you get what you want out of it, so you can't really claim the moral high ground over anyone else on here.

Yes I can, as I have never said I would be happy or welcome the loss of someone's job have I now?
People lose jobs for all sorts of reasons linked to many things that I do or buy that I can't directly prevent but to come out and gloat that you will be happy if and when it happens is not in my make up. Also I have never told anyone to support SKY "each to their own" was my comment.

Nameless
18-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Not jumping on the bandwagon, but I have been meaning to reduce my Sky package since January. This thread has prompted me, so that's the sports package binned now. The £30 per month I'm saving will now be getting spent on Hibs tickets for me and the wee man.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Yes I can, as I have never said I would be happy or welcome the loss of someone's job have I now?
People lose jobs for all sorts of reasons linked to many things that I do or buy that I can't directly prevent but to come out and gloat that you will be happy if and when it happens is not in my make up.

Nobody has said that they would be on here. You're putting words into peoples mouths.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Nobody has said that they would be on here. You're putting words into peoples mouths.

Aye right then, I must have dreamt it źzzzzzzzzz

Baw187
18-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Incidentally, Andy Murray interview with Guillem Balague on Sky Sports Football now, talking about when he used to go to Hibs games.

For those that haven't cancelled...... [emoji23]

Carheenlea
18-07-2017, 07:47 PM
I don't have Sky Sports, but the new deals with the dedicated channels got my attention. Football doesn't really interest me, but a dedicated golf channel was one I'd be interested in. It's about £18, then if you add another it's £22. The temptation is then there to get the football on the off chance of a game catching the eye. When it's then £28 or so for the whole sports package you might ask if for the sake of another few quid if you'd be just as well getting the whole thing.
Simply a marketing tequnique to reel in new subscribers, so I'll just sit it out. Absolute certainty as soon as you subscribe to one sport channel they will be pestering over the blower in no time trying to persuade you to upgrade. I'll just stick to going to the golf clubhouse for the big events I think.

macca70
18-07-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't have Sky Sports, but the new deals with the dedicated channels got my attention. Football doesn't really interest me, but a dedicated golf channel was one I'd be interested in. It's about £18, then if you add another it's £22. The temptation is then there to get the football on the off chance of a game catching the eye. When it's then £28 or so for the whole sports package you might ask if for the sake of another few quid if you'd be just as well getting the whole thing.
Simply a marketing tequnique to reel in new subscribers, so I'll just sit it out. Absolute certainty as soon as you subscribe to one sport channel they will be pestering over the blower in no time trying to persuade you to upgrade. I'll just stick to going to the golf clubhouse for the big events I think.

I just literally got the sports added on tonight as I was advised to wait til they launched the existing customer offer.

£18 for 1 channel or £20 for all 7; Prem League, Football, Golf, F1, Arena, Cricket & Action.

1 click when in my online Sky account and it's all available to view after 1 minute. Brilliant service.

Famous Fiver
18-07-2017, 08:03 PM
I ditched Sky when my sub went up to £60 a month. Took the line with them that it was unreasonable to expect an old age pensioner to pay £15 a week to put fuel in Wayne Rooney's limousine. Poor chap on the other end of the line didn't have a comeback to that one. Haven't missed it a bit.

I am putting the £60 in a tin and now have £780 salted away. Can feel a wee holiday coming on.

Carheenlea
18-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I just literally got the sports added on tonight as I was advised to wait til they launched the existing customer offer.

£18 for 1 channel or £20 for all 7; Prem League, Football, Golf, F1, Arena, Cricket & Action.

1 click when in my online Sky account and it's all available to view after 1 minute. Brilliant service.

That looks a bit different to what I read. Mind you, I don't think I've met two folk who pay the same for their Sky packages!

Jamesie
18-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Was offered a "return to Sky" deal last summer - basic TV package and Sports in HD for £28.60 a month (60% off I believe). That was due to expire this month but was automatically extended "until 2020" so I am told - I'm out of contract now and on a month-to-month deal so will believe that when I see it. I've now started paying an extra £5 a month for Sky Go Extra so that my GF can use the PS4 to watch box sets in her flat and I can watch Sports on her projector when I'm over at hers! :aok:

Jamesie
18-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Also picked up Premier Sports HD for £25 for the year recently during a GAA promo they had on - wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it but £25 to see Rangers dumped out of Europe was worth it alone!

Ozyhibby
18-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Worrying about people losing there jobs in Sky is like worrying about HMV workers or telephone switchboard operators. It's creative destruction and it's going to happen no matter what.
Sky sell a product for about £40-£100 (based on posts here) a month that anyone with an Internet connection can watch absolutely free. How long can that last? How long did CD's last when folk started downloading? It's the same thing.
There is also the fact that because Netflix and Amazon are so cheap and have a massive amount of great content, that younger people are now sitting watching that rather than Stoke v Bournemouth at night.
And as I say, it's available absolutely free to anyone who wants it. They are being out run by new technology.

PatHead
18-07-2017, 08:56 PM

Maybe you should start buying the Sun so they don't lose their jobs

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Maybe you should start buying the Sun so they don't lose their jobs

Maybe you should stop trying to be a smart erse.

Thistlecrack
18-07-2017, 09:22 PM
If you have an iPad or iPhone follow the instructions in the link below to get all your viewing needs :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/oPL8tsZEqUY

McD
18-07-2017, 09:24 PM
ok Rupert but unfortunately there is always a price. What about all the employed staff that have been cast aside by a lot of our football clubs as they cannot afford to pay them?

The only ones making on these obscene tv deals are Rupert & co AND a load of mercenary, mostly foreign, so called footballers!!

So the price for you supporting your team at 3pm on a saturday is for tens of thousands to lose their job? What a people person you must be. I take it you'll be willing to lose your job for someone else's desire as well?

what employed staff have lost their job at Hibs or any other club due to something Sky have done?

And does that equate to circa 30,000 staff losing their jobs?

And in your eyes, Rupert and some footballers are making a load of money, so let's 'hope' (your word) that all these working class people are made redundant?

Wow

steelendhibs
18-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Just finished working at SKY. They are struggling. They brought the new SKY Q TV which is great, but folk were being asked £199 to upgrade, then SKY dropped it to £60 to get folk to take it up. They employ all these "clever" marketing people, but they don't seem to realise that people can get it for free and are now much more savvy than say 15-20 years ago regarding personal finance.

McD
18-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Well if it's good enough for the Steel workers/Miners/Fishermen/ Car-Van Plant workers, then it's good enough for sky workers! Plus there are plenty call centres looking for workers, so I'm sure they will survive :agree:

Yes because every sky employee is a call centre worker.

im sure there's plenty on here and up and down the country who have criticised the loss of those industries, but it's suddenly ok here?

McD
18-07-2017, 09:27 PM

Previous poster said they "really hope they go belly up" - that sounds a lot like welcoming the loss of all those jobs

McD
18-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Worrying about people losing there jobs in Sky is like worrying about HMV workers or telephone switchboard operators. It's creative destruction and it's going to happen no matter what.
Sky sell a product for about £40-£100 (based on posts here) a month that anyone with an Internet connection can watch absolutely free. How long can that last? How long did CD's last when folk started downloading? It's the same thing.
There is also the fact that because Netflix and Amazon are so cheap and have a massive amount of great content, that younger people are now sitting watching that rather than Stoke v Bournemouth at night.
And as I say, it's available absolutely free to anyone who wants it. They are being out run by new technology.

To be fair mate, I don't think it's the worrying about people losing jobs, rather than people hoping that it happens. Jobs will be lost across hundreds of industries for a variety of reasons, coming across as rubbing your hands with glee (not you) that it could happen and hoping for it is ridiculous

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Previous poster said they "really hope they go belly up" - that sounds a lot like welcoming the loss of all those jobs

What about jobs that would be saved as a result of them going belly up? It works both ways.

McD
18-07-2017, 09:44 PM
What about jobs that would be saved as a result of them going belly up? It works both ways.

What jobs? Circa 30,000 jobs? That's what would likely be lost if sky went under.

Sylar
18-07-2017, 09:45 PM
I took Sky earlier this year when I moved house. A good mate of mine is a developer with Sky and so he got me a pretty cracking deal that lasts 2 years, complete with sport, cinema and box sets, plus broadband and phone for £50. I was paying nearly £45 with BT, in an area where there isn't any Infinity Broadband (so I couldn't get BT Sport) before that. As a massive fan of the NFL, I dare say that'll be my primary viewing on Sky Sports, as I'm not at all much fussed about the Premiership. Under their new 'packaging', I'd happily bin the F1, cricket and EPL channels.

I find it quite humerous though that folk seem to think their 'militant' action will somehow impact the exorbitantly inflated English game. Every single subscriber in Scotland could bin their Sky Sports package and it would scarcely dent the income these clubs etc are making. I understand the various moral reasoning people give, and money is particularly tight for a lot of people right now, so if that's your motivation, then perfectly fine. If, by binning Sky Sports, you somehow think you're going to stop Stoke spending £40 million on their next player, you're quite wrong. It'll also do nothing to help or hinder the game in Scotland - the authorities that be over the years have done a good enough job of that themselves without Sky.

The_Sauz
18-07-2017, 09:48 PM
So the price for you supporting your team at 3pm on a saturday is for tens of thousands to lose their job? What a people person you must be. I take it you'll be willing to lose your job for someone else's desire as well?

what employed staff have lost their job at Hibs or any other club due to something Sky have done?

And does that equate to circa 30,000 staff losing their jobs?

And in your eyes, Rupert and some footballers are making a load of money, so let's 'hope' (your word) that all these working class people are made redundant?

Wow
Staff and lots of players were released from a lot of clubs when sky pulled the plug on Scottish football first time around! I'm sure all the staff at Sky shed a tear or two for them..............................NOT!

1875Sean
18-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Bit of a Sky witch hunt, BT Sport charging £24 a month for the sports channels isn't much better, I know they have champions league for its second choice premier league games and Scottish games along with UFC, for me sky sports gives you a bit more with f1 boxing darts etc, plus you can't beat a Super Sunday

McD
18-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Staff and lots of players were released from a lot of clubs when sky pulled the plug on Scottish football first time around! I'm sure all the staff at Sky shed a tear or two for them..............................NOT!

Didnt Rangers and Celtic reject the deal rather than it have the plug pulled?

Either way, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a lot of tears shed, however I'm also pretty sure there weren't many 'hoping' people at clubs would be made redundant as one on here are actively doing.

Im not asking or expecting people to shed tears, I do think it's crass and pathetic to be hoping people lose their livelihood however.

PatHead
18-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Maybe you should stop trying to be a smart erse.

Only saying you should practice what you preach. Can't just be high and mighty when it suits.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Only saying you should practice what you preach. Can't just be high and mighty when it suits.

What are you even on about? You seem to have lost the plot a bit really. Not really interested to be honest when you try to bring up petty point scoring about the sun. If you read you will see I said each to their own regarding their choice of SKY or not. I also commented on how I thought it was wrong to gloat about being pleased about people losing their jobs. I don't think I mentioned I would be happy for anyone in the sun to lose their jobs either. I did say my gripe was with the sun and Mackenzie not SKY.

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Bit of a Sky witch hunt, BT Sport charging £24 a month for the sports channels isn't much better, I know they have champions league for its second choice premier league games and Scottish games along with UFC, for me sky sports gives you a bit more with f1 boxing darts etc, plus you can't beat a Super Sunday

Don't think anyone attacking Sky is giving BT the thumbs up tbh.

PatHead
18-07-2017, 10:02 PM
You worrying about folk at. Sky losing their jobs as fans say they should boycott it but okay for Liverpool to boycott the Sun. Double standards to me even taking into account what the Sun did 30 years ago which was disgraceful.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 10:05 PM
You worrying about folk at. Sky losing their jobs as fans say they should boycott it but okay for Liverpool to boycott the Sun. Double standards to me even taking into account what the Sun did 30 years ago which was disgraceful.

I said it was wrong to gloat about people losing their jobs, show me my quote about the Sun? Have I mentioned boycotting the Sun on this thread. If you think I would be happy at thousands of people losing their jobs on the Sun you are far wrong.

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 10:10 PM
I said it was wrong to gloat about people losing their jobs, show me my quote about the Sun? Have I mentioned boycotting the Sun on this thread. If you think I would be happy at thousands of people losing their jobs on the Sun you are far wrong.

Show where people have actually gloated at the prospect of people losing their jobs? You're making it up as you go along.

PatHead
18-07-2017, 10:12 PM
You didn't quote the Sun on this thread. I would assume you support the Liverpool boycott though. If so, using your argument you are putting jobs at risk in the Sun. Any boycott would have victims in that case. Not a valid reason to stop a boycott though.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Show where people have actually gloated at the prospect of people losing their jobs? You're making it up as you go along.

What? Read the thread and don't waste my time, it's as clear as day what is being implied as already highlighted by another poster.

Ozyhibby
18-07-2017, 10:17 PM
A good example of why Sky are struggling are all the Sky vans you see all over the country with technicians and installers driving around making house calls. How much does all that cost? And then think how many Netflix vans you have seen?

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 10:18 PM
You didn't quote the Sun on this thread. I would assume you support the Liverpool boycott though. If so, using your argument you are putting jobs at risk in the Sun. Any boycott would have victims in that case. Not a valid reason to stop a boycott though.

Once again let me reiterate, I commented on the person being happy at going belly up and subsequent comments regarding it being good enough for other workers etc. If people want to boycott an organisation for whatever reason then generally they are trying to oppose the people at the top of it, of course they don't want normal working people like us to suffer surely? On this thread it seems they do! That is all I commented on and stand by it regardless of the Sun and my feelings.I never once suggested anyone should stop their boycott,I said each to their own.

monktonharp
18-07-2017, 10:36 PM

Hippies [emoji849][emoji13]Each to their own, as previously posted . personally I tend to lean to the hippy side, if that's the stuff you cant go with. I got rid of it more that a year ago. this was discussed and agreed by my gaffer (the wife0 and she watches loads of tv. I aint got time for it and occasionaly catch things but as said, each to their ain:cb

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 10:58 PM
What? Read the thread and don't waste my time, it's as clear as day what is being implied as already highlighted by another poster.

With the way Sky treats its customers, it seems that they're more than happy for people to lose their jobs. Don't blame those who don't want to fork money over to Sky anymore.

The comments that you are referring to on this thread don't in anyway gloat about the prospect of people losing their jobs. You think anybody who doesn't want to fork money over to Sky wants people to lose their jobs, they don't. End of.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2017, 04:31 AM
With the way Sky treats its customers, it seems that they're more than happy for people to lose their jobs. Don't blame those who don't want to fork money over to Sky anymore.

The comments that you are referring to on this thread don't in anyway gloat about the prospect of people losing their jobs. You think anybody who doesn't want to fork money over to Sky wants people to lose their jobs, they don't. End of.

Aye okay then, if you can't comprehend what has been posted when others can then I suggest you just stick to watching cartoons. Is the "end of" your way of convincing yourself you're right? lol.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

InchHibby
19-07-2017, 05:26 AM
I took Sky earlier this year when I moved house. A good mate of mine is a developer with Sky and so he got me a pretty cracking deal that lasts 2 years, complete with sport, cinema and box sets, plus broadband and phone for £50. I was paying nearly £45 with BT, in an area where there isn't any Infinity Broadband (so I couldn't get BT Sport) before that. As a massive fan of the NFL, I dare say that'll be my primary viewing on Sky Sports, as I'm not at all much fussed about the Premiership. Under their new 'packaging', I'd happily bin the F1, cricket and EPL channels.

I find it quite humerous though that folk seem to think their 'militant' action will somehow impact the exorbitantly inflated English game. Every single subscriber in Scotland could bin their Sky Sports package and it would scarcely dent the income these clubs etc are making. I understand the various moral reasoning people give, and money is particularly tight for a lot of people right now, so if that's your motivation, then perfectly fine. If, by binning Sky Sports, you somehow think you're going to stop Stoke spending £40 million on their next player, you're quite wrong. It'll also do nothing to help or hinder the game in Scotland - the authorities that be over the years have done a good enough job of that themselves without Sky.

I personally don't think it's about whether binning Sky would have any impact on Stoke still being able to spend £40 million on a player and I definitely wouldn't like to see them fold losing everyone there jobs, but what I would like is for Sky to give us a fairer deal than we are at present getting. I don't know how many Houses, bars, clubs in Scotland have Sky, but I'll bet it's a fair few. They could give us £100 million which is still sweeties in comparison to EPL, but it would go a long way to sorting out a few problems up here. I would be telling them there has to be a fairer way of distributing the cash so all clubs get the benefit, not just those selfish greedy two from the West and if that means telling them to shove it, then so it be. Something has to be done, and a clear out at the headquarters of our game would be a good way to start and employ folk who have all our interests at heart and have the guts to stand up to those that are in the forefront of making our leagues a laughing stock.
80 per cent of clubs down South were a bigger laughing stock than us before all this money was getting pumped into them.

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2017, 05:50 AM
I dont have SKY, even though I have a decent paid job, god knows how much you guys get paid to afford SKY. Ahm buggered if ahm goin tae pay that much per month.

eastcoasthibby
19-07-2017, 06:07 AM
The greed and arrogance.of Murdoch and his SKY business care nothing about whether a few thousand Scots bin SKY ...but for.me its a point to be made they have.been slowiy destroying Scottish football for years now, maybe if we.all invested even £20 a month into.our own clubs we.wpuld see difference in our football up here, with us being able to keep some of our playing talent ....I am not interested in watching similar
qulaity players or less, in English lower leagues getting paid upwards of at least 3 x what our players are getting...never mind the mental money in the.Premiership ...there is no footballer worth 300k a week I don't care what any arguement says ...sorry but that bubble needs to burst and soon. ..rant over ..

McD
19-07-2017, 06:19 AM

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Onion
19-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Dropped Sky a few years ago and haven't missed it. Now using Free Sat from Sky, which annoys them. On odd occasion they've a big event worth watching (e.g. Ryder Cup) their is Now TV for £10 for a week. BT Sport is decent value.

InchHibby
19-07-2017, 06:35 AM
The greed and arrogance.of Murdoch and his SKY business care nothing about whether a few thousand Scots bin SKY ...but for.me its a point to be made they have.been slowiy destroying Scottish football for years now, maybe if we.all invested even £20 a month into.our own clubs we.wpuld see difference in our football up here, with us being able to keep some of our playing talent ....I am not interested in watching similar
qulaity players or less, in English lower leagues getting paid upwards of at least 3 x what our players are getting...never mind the mental money in the.Premiership ...there is no footballer worth 300k a week I don't care what any arguement says ...sorry but that bubble needs to burst and soon. ..rant over ..

I like this rant.

Beefster
19-07-2017, 06:37 AM
A few yrs ago I read that Scotland has more Sky viewers per head of population than any other country in Europe, and they treat us like muck!

In what way? They provide a fair number of jobs in Scotland, including tech jobs. I doubt that we're treated differently from any other nationality of customer.

Folk seem to think that the TV companies have a responsibility to fund Scottish football (until KO times are affected or it's always Rantic games that are shown and then they can GTF instead). The TV companies will pay as little as they can get away with. The harsh reality is that Scottish football is worth very very little to the likes of Sky or BT. The EPL is what brings in the cash sports-wise and the money the English game gets reflects that.

Cardinal Hibernian
19-07-2017, 06:43 AM
To be fair to Sky Sports and to dispel any witch hunting I binned BT Sport and Premier Sports at the same time. Could no longer justify the outlay for how much viewing was in reality taking place. Cash will be diverted to the odd hospitality package at Easter Road with loved ones.

Kojock
19-07-2017, 07:12 AM
BT are every bit as bad as Sky, after I binned Sky I tried to switch to BT HD, but despite paying for the top BT broadband package I was told I couldn't get HD as my speeds weren't fast enough. In essence I had been paying for a service for over two years that wasn't available to me. BT likewise binned.
Don't get me started on O2.......

Callum_62
19-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Sky is no longer that exp

I pay £38 per month for TV (less Sky cinema)

Dont know how folk are paying £100+?

I personally think its not a bad product.

Cardinal Hibernian
19-07-2017, 07:48 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh I agree. I have had great customer support over the years from Sky and the small number of occasions I have had difficulties they have resolved them to my satisfaction very quickly. However, the time had come to say cheerio to all Pay TV services.

Ozyhibby
19-07-2017, 08:17 AM

£38 is pretty expensive if you can watch for free anyway.[emoji3]

eastmainsmsh
19-07-2017, 09:39 AM
They have ruined football financially prefer the championship to watch on channel 5 **** sky

DavieRoy
19-07-2017, 10:01 AM

You mean when the then SPL knocked back Sky in 2002 and they then went cap in hand to BBC Scotland and took a lesser deal.

That was Roger Mitchell and SPL chairman not Sky.

All this, we deserve a fair price nonsense, it is not the public service broadcaster. The clubs and league negotiate a price, they don't have to accept a deal. It is worth what someone is willing to pay.

The SFA have a very good TV deal by Scottish and other European standards, so ask why the SPFL have not?

Ozyhibby
19-07-2017, 10:14 AM
You mean when the then SPL knocked back Sky in 2002 and they then went cap in hand to BBC Scotland and took a lesser deal.

That was Roger Mitchell and SPL chairman not Sky.

All this, we deserve a fair price nonsense, it is not the public service broadcaster. The clubs and league negotiate a price, they don't have to accept a deal. It is worth what someone is willing to pay.

The SFA have a very good TV deal by Scottish and other European standards, so ask why the SPFL have not?

It was also personal for the guy running sky, who actively went out his way to hurt Scottish football afterwards telling sky sports news not to even mention it.

DavieRoy
19-07-2017, 10:23 AM
It was also personal for the guy running sky, who actively went out his way to hurt Scottish football afterwards telling sky sports news not to even mention it.

Nothing to do with pulling out though.

They offered the same money, the SPL knocked it back and they took a lesser price.

Ever since then, they have been off the gravy train and they lost the best deal they ever had in terms of money and coverage from Sky, BBC and STV with extensive highlights.

The League chairman to blame and Roger Mitchell.

Richard Keys said that in the Daily Record, he hasn't got an axe to grind right enough.

Sky still had Scottish Cup and Scottish international rights through the SFA after that, hence, they did cover it and it was on SSN. The SFA continued to improve their TV deal every four years with Sky and BBC.

Look at the League!

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 10:29 AM

It's that cheap for you, because other people are daft enough to pay £100+ a month. If that wasn't the case, everybody would be paying around 70-80 quid a month for their sky.

Golden Bear
19-07-2017, 10:51 AM
As ever, personal choice eh! We're not all equal and never will be equal, it's the way of the world and so be it.

Golden Bear
19-07-2017, 10:54 AM

They offered the same money, the SPL knocked it back and they took a lesser price.

Ever since then, they have been off the gravy train and they lost the best deal they ever had in terms of money and coverage from Sky, BBC and STV with extensive highlights.

Richard Keys said that in the Daily Record, he hasn't got an axe to grind right enough.

Sky still had Scottish Cup and Scottish international rights through the SFA after that, hence, they did cover it and it was on SSN. The SFA continued to improve their TV deal every four years with Sky and BBC.

Look at the League!

And there we have the facts ------ I think!

Ozyhibby
19-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Look at the League!

Apologies, I wasn't doubting you, just adding to the narrative. The people running Scottish football are absolute idiots, of that there can be no doubt.

chinaman
19-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Dump sky; what and miss the live premier league Asia trophy from HONG KONG ?

hibeerealist
19-07-2017, 12:06 PM

I never said anything about revelling in people losing jobs, lets stick to what was said.

SKY is having a detrimental effect on Scottish Football it would be preferable that they did not have the power / cash to spoil our southern neighbours as SPL teams (most of them) cannot even compete on wages with the 1st and some 2nd division teams.

That is not a natural progression of things it has been created. Don't see SKY making any serious attempts to bring the Scottish game into any fair deal therefore why should we, as subscribers, buy their product?

DavieRoy
19-07-2017, 02:24 PM
I never said anything about revelling in people losing jobs, lets stick to what was said.

SKY is having a detrimental effect on Scottish Football it would be preferable that they did not have the power / cash to spoil our southern neighbours as SPL teams (most of them) cannot even compete on wages with the 1st and some 2nd division teams.

That is not a natural progression of things it has been created. Don't see SKY making any serious attempts to bring the Scottish game into any fair deal therefore why should we, as subscribers, buy their product?

What do you mean a fair deal? People keep talking about a fair deal. Two companies bid for the rights and the League accepted it.

The deal runs until 2020. It is incumbent on the seller (SPFL) to get the value.

The Scottish FA do well out of Sky for the Scottish Cup and international games. It is not as simple as 'pay us more money and everything will be okay'.

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 03:15 PM
It's not just Sky Sports. Even our so called "state broadcaster" the BBC craps all over Scottish football.

To put things into perspective. Gary Linekers annual salary from the BBC is nearly twice as much as what the BBC invests into Scottish Football coverage each year. No joke.

greenlex
19-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I pay £36 for the whole package. I also have an android box. Although the quality is ultimately watchable on the box the quality of picture from Sky is fantastic. I don't smoke nor do I drink. I really don't mind paying for the service. I'll probably bin the football when my deal runs out but I'll be keeping the golf.

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 03:17 PM
I pay £36 for the whole package. I also have an android box. Although the quality is ultimately watchable on the box the quality of picture from Sky is fantastic. I don't smoke nor do I drink. I really don't mind paying for the service. I'll probably bin the football when my deal runs out but I'll be keeping the golf.

I don't smoke or drink either mate. In fact, i'm sure a lot of people who refuse to pay Sky bugger all don't smoke or drink.

Beefster
19-07-2017, 03:21 PM
It's not just Sky Sports. Even our so called "state broadcaster" the BBC craps all over Scottish football.

To put things into perspective. Gary Linekers annual salary from the BBC is nearly twice as much as what the BBC invests into Scottish Football coverage each year. No joke.

Plain wrong. The BBC pays over £2.5m a year to the SPFL.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2017, 03:25 PM

Big ears is on £1.75m-£1.79m according to today's BBC list of salaries.

Beefster
19-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Big ears is on £1.75m-£1.79m according to today's BBC list of salaries.

Yup. Which by my calculations on the blackboard isn't double £2.5+m.

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 03:36 PM

No it doesn't. The BBC refuses to release the actual figures. But according to the SPFL back in 2015, the Scottish game recieved 1/60th of a 68 million pound deal (1.13m). According to the figures just released by the BBC, Lineker recieves somewhere between 1.75 to 1.8 million per year. Chris Evans recieves somewhere in the region of 2.5 million a year.

Golden Bear
19-07-2017, 03:39 PM
I'm looking forward to the Scotland v England wummens game tonight on Eurosport.

Pete
19-07-2017, 03:48 PM
That fact that Linekers salary is in the same ball park as our total figure is a joke.

Don't get me started on this "Crown Jewels" deal that means our National team is fed to the greedy wolves like Sky and BT sport.

Beefster
19-07-2017, 03:51 PM
No it doesn't. The BBC refuses to release the actual figures. But according to the SPFL back in 2015, the Scottish game recieved 1/60th of a 68 million pound deal (1.13m).

Aye, it does.

"A deal worth £10.6million over four years..."

Source: The Herald (2016) (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14475352.Scottish_football_s_new_television_deal_g ives_the_BBC_a_chance_to_sort_out_Sportscene/)

lord bunberry
19-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm looking forward to the Scotland v England wummens game tonight on Eurosport.
It's on the same time as the Celtic game, I'll probably start watching the Scotland game, but if they start badly I'll switch over.

Ozyhibby
19-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Don't think I'll bother with any SFA teams until they do something about the corruption in our game.

Golden Bear
19-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Don't think I'll bother with any SFA teams until they do something about the corruption in our game.

Aye, it will be Rod's fault no doubt.

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2017, 04:00 PM

Think it's on Channel 4 as well

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Aye, it does.

"A deal worth £10.6million over four years..."

Source: The Herald (2016) (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14475352.Scottish_football_s_new_television_deal_g ives_the_BBC_a_chance_to_sort_out_Sportscene/)

Will believe it when/if it actually happens.

CropleyWasGod
19-07-2017, 04:14 PM

The piece is from over a year ago :wink:

Beefster
19-07-2017, 04:30 PM

I'll be honest, I'm the same with Trump running for president.

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 04:35 PM
I'll be honest, I'm the same with Trump running for president.

Only bad things seem to happen by chance these days.

Ozyhibby
19-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Aye, it will be Rod's fault no doubt.

He is a Vice President there right enough. He's never far from failure.

McD
19-07-2017, 05:36 PM

And I never accused you of revelling - I quoted your exact words, you "really hope they go belly up". Therefore you really hope thousands of people are made redundant. Can't go belly up and still have those employees can you?

Why should sky offer more money? Because you say so? Because you perceive the deal as unfair? Aye ok.
It was the SPL who rejected a bigger money deal from sky, it's the SPL's fault every Scottish club is in the position it's in, not Sky's. Are you 'really hoping' that everyone who works for the SP(F)L loses their job as well?
As for our southern neighbours, they've worked to grow their brand and attract huge investment from many sources, sky being a major one. What have our leaders done? Bemoan rangers demise, speak about Armageddon and talk their product down as much as possible. That's why there's disparity in the deals - the English premier league has promoted itself incredibly well, our premier league has turned itself into the financial backwater it's become.

no one is forcing you to buy their product. It's absolutely your right to choose who you buy from. That's different to 'really hoping they go belly up'.

Hibby70
19-07-2017, 05:41 PM
It's on the same time as the Celtic game, I'll probably start watching the Scotland game, but if they start badly I'll switch over.

What channel is the Celtic game on?

MyJo
19-07-2017, 06:11 PM

I had the full TV package, all channels including sports & movies plus HD channels and a second box, top package fibre broadband with unlimited usage, phone package with evening and weekend calls and monthly line rental and was paying over £120 a month when they announced that the prices were going up again.

I had stuck with Sky for about 7 years at that point due to the house being a new build with no ariel to get freeview or service from Virgin Media but got fed up with it, did a bit of research and went to BT for everything for less than £50 a month, got about £100 in cashback through topcashback which covered the cost of me getting an ariel installed in the house and bought a £35 firestick and installed Kodi where i can watch any TV show, sport and film you can get through sky in HD quality for nothing.

I liked Sky, the product was good and i always got good service when i had to phone them but it's not worth £900 a year extra for the services i wanted.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Having read this thread, I checked my account and realised I'm paying £114 per month for Sky, broadband and line rental. Add another £27.99 on top of this for BT Sports. To get Sky Sports in HD cost me £55 per month as I had to sign up to a Box Set bundle at £27.50p/m to add to my Sky Sports subscription at £27.50p/m.

Having spent 49mins on hold to them tonight I've given up for the evening. I'll be back on the phone to them tomorrow.

Joe6-2
19-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Anyone swapped Sky for Virgin?

lord bunberry
19-07-2017, 07:53 PM
What channel is the Celtic game on?
I was told it was on premiere sports, but it doesn't seem to be on anywhere.

High-On-Hibs
19-07-2017, 07:58 PM
I was told it was on premiere sports, but it doesn't seem to be on anywhere.

It's only on Celtic TV.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Anyone swapped Sky for Virgin?

Yes me a couple of years ago, best decision I ever made.

Nameless
19-07-2017, 10:05 PM
I can't get Virgin in Musselburgh, otherwise I'd jump ship immediately.

Thecat23
19-07-2017, 10:06 PM
I can't get Virgin in Musselburgh, otherwise I'd jump ship immediately.

The nick of some birds down in Musselburgh I'm sure you'll find a virgin mate. Keep trucking 👊🏼

Nameless
19-07-2017, 10:07 PM
The nick of some birds down in Musselburgh I'm sure you'll find a virgin mate. Keep trucking 👊🏼
I knew, as soon as I pressed send! [emoji4]

Thecat23
19-07-2017, 10:12 PM
I knew, as soon as I pressed send! [emoji4]

Haha 😁👍🏼

Jamesie
19-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Anyone got the Sky Q box? Worth an upgrade from a Sky HD box?

DavieRoy
19-07-2017, 10:44 PM
I see that on Sky Sports Football tomorrow they are showing lots of Scottish football archive including highlights of Hearts 2-2 Hibernian from New Years Day 1998

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Is that the game that kept duff jimmy in a job? cannae be arsed checking.

Cardinal Hibernian
20-07-2017, 12:33 AM
Is that the game that kept duff jimmy in a job? cannae be arsed checking.Yup. Plus throw in a roaster of a now Sky pundit who scored for us to complete the journey down memory lane.

greenlex
20-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Having read this thread, I checked my account and realised I'm paying £114 per month for Sky, broadband and line rental. Add another £27.99 on top of this for BT Sports. To get Sky Sports in HD cost me £55 per month as I had to sign up to a Box Set bundle at £27.50p/m to add to my Sky Sports subscription at £27.50p/m.

Having spent 49mins on hold to them tonight I've given up for the evening. I'll be back on the phone to them tomorrow.
I'm with BT for my phone and broadband. I don't have fibre optic as I can't get it yet but believe I can get it even cheaper that the unlimited deal I have now. I get BT sport 1 on the deal chucked in for £24 per month with free evening and weekend calls. I've the full HD Monty with sky (no multi room) including box sets for £36 per month. (All the sports and movies including On demand)Happy enough with both deals.

Allant1981
20-07-2017, 06:05 AM

its not expensive if you get a deal, before i got my current deal my bill was roughly £80 per month

Allant1981
20-07-2017, 06:08 AM

can you not do the online chat thing? i do e that last year and was so much easier, thats if they still do it

Golden Bear
20-07-2017, 06:13 AM
can you not do the online chat thing? i do e that last year and was so much easier, thats if they still do it

I negotiated my latest deal via a text chat line. I got the number from the Sky website.

LaMotta
20-07-2017, 06:14 AM

If you want the best deal make sure you cancel your tv package outright. You then have 4 weeks to negotiate with them until your tv would be cut off.

During that period you should get a 50% off tv offer in your online account. But you could try for even more discount by phoning them after this or live chat online.

Allant1981
20-07-2017, 06:18 AM
If you want the best deal make sure you cancel your package outright. You then have 4 weeks to negotiate with them until your tv would be cut off.

yip, i done this last year, cancelled tv and phone line, they called about 2 days before it was due to end and offered a deal for half the price, couldnt complain with the deal so took it

Callum_62
20-07-2017, 06:27 AM
yip, i done this last year, cancelled tv and phone line, they called about 2 days before it was due to end and offered a deal for half the price, couldnt complain with the deal so took it

I done that thro the live chat

Said my deal was coming to end and jumping back to £80 is too much

Offered 50% off on the spot

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Is that the game that kept duff jimmy in a job? cannae be arsed checking.
Its on now, jeezus christ, we were even worse than i remembered, could have lost that by 5 or 6.

Cardinal Hibernian
20-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Its on now, jeezus christ, we were even worse than i remembered, could have lost that by 5 or 6.The one I was fearful for a right doing was 365 days earlier the day the Duffster arrived by helichopter and we were 4 down very early second half. But yes, no surprises relegation was on the horizon as we were garbage.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Its on now, jeezus christ, we were even worse than i remembered, could have lost that by 5 or 6.

I think theres a decent chance we would've stayed up if Duffy had lost his job on the back of such a skelping.

4 Front Teeth
09-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm currently with Virgin paying 40 per month for basic TV,phone and internet. I'd like to get a deal on the football channels.....

Has anyone recently secured a good deal that I can try and negotiate for?😀

Brizo
09-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Dumped them a while back. Got bored with the 24/7 fitba coverage, most of which was over hyped and then didn't deliver. Got to stage I hardly watched a game all the way through. Got bored with the incessant "analysis" which was more to do with filling dead air time than anything else. Also got fed up that the commentators / pundits would never call a game honestly due to ratings led fear of people switching off. Rubbish games described as "interesting midfield battle" aka no shots on target and zero entertainment.

Quite happy with STVs highlights show, MOTD and the wireless.

The_Exile
09-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Dumped them a while back. Got bored with the 24/7 fitba coverage, most of which was over hyped and then didn't deliver. Got to stage I hardly watched a game all the way through. Got bored with the incessant "analysis" which was more to do with filling dead air time than anything else. Also got fed up that the commentators / pundits would never call a game honestly due to ratings led fear of people switching off. Rubbish games described as "interesting midfield battle" aka no shots on target and zero entertainment.

Quite happy with STVs highlights show, MOTD and the wireless.

That's kinda where I am at the moment, I'm fed up of football that isn't us. Scottish football on the whole is infinitely more interesting and intriguing than Billion dollar team A v Billion dollar team B. Would much rather spend money makinge more of an effort to get to more away games than sitting in the house when we're away from ER watching some premiership or la liga guff. Still quite fond of Serie A though so will always watch that if it's on.

LaMotta
09-08-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm currently with Virgin paying 40 per month for basic TV,phone and internet. I'd like to get a deal on the football channels.....

Has anyone recently secured a good deal that I can try and negotiate for?😀

I'm paying £40 quid a month to Sky for unlimited fibre optic Broadband, Original TV bundle plus all Sky Sports Channels. Includes line rental and multiroom and no contract on TV so can leave at any point with no penalty.

Some good deals to be had if you can be arsed negotiating with them.

4 Front Teeth
09-08-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm paying £40 quid a month to Sky for unlimited fibre optic Broadband, Original TV bundle plus all Sky Sports Channels. Includes line rental and multiroom and no contract on TV so can leave at any point with no penalty.

Some good deals to be had if you can be arsed negotiating with them.

Thanks.... Seems like these great 40 quid deals are sky and not Virgin 😨.... Maybe I need to change!

speedy_gonzales
09-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks.... Seems like these great 40 quid deals are sky and not Virgin 😨.... Maybe I need to change!
You could phone and cancel. I've been with Virgin forever as there is zero picture pixelation and their 200meg broadband is stable as a rock(for me) but every year I "cancel". They'll try and offer a better package or increase your loyalty discount but I always refuse until the notice period nears the 30 day mark. Then the REAL retentions team get in touch with deals you can't say no to.
One year I said I'd signed a contract with Sky, the guy asked if I paid a deposit and to keep the lie alive I said I had, £20. Virgin offered to refund that £20 and reduce my contract if I stayed,,,,no brainer!

LaMotta
09-08-2017, 04:04 PM
You could phone and cancel. I've been with Virgin forever as there is zero picture pixelation and their 200meg broadband is stable as a rock(for me) but every year I "cancel". They'll try and offer a better package or increase your loyalty discount but I always refuse until the notice period nears the 30 day mark. Then the REAL retentions team get in touch with deals you can't say no to.
One year I said I'd signed a contract with Sky, the guy asked if I paid a deposit and to keep the lie alive I said I had, £20. Virgin offered to refund that £20 and reduce my contract if I stayed,,,,no brainer!

Some good info on the Martin Lewis moneysaving forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Malthibby
09-08-2017, 04:14 PM
That's kinda where I am at the moment, I'm fed up of football that isn't us. Scottish football on the whole is infinitely more interesting and intriguing than Billion dollar team A v Billion dollar team B. Would much rather spend money makinge more of an effort to get to more away games than sitting in the house when we're away from ER watching some premiership or la liga guff. Still quite fond of Serie A though so will always watch that if it's on.

Easier when you win but myself & mine thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed the Ayr game, despite the lack of 100 million players. You just cannot get that sense of involvement & immediacy any other way,
& I'd rather then watch other competing Scottish teams on the telly who are relevant to the competitions we are in. Zero interest in English footie & increasingly less in the bloated moneyfest that is the
CL.
GG

Mikey09
09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Take me back to when your weekly football fix was Sportscene, Scotsport and Match of the Day! Then cup final day was exactly that... Started in the morning and went right till end of game!! Loved it. TV is saturated with games now that it's boring.

CentreLine
09-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Okay. Called to cancel my contract after more than 20 years with sky. Was immediately offered the Q box system free of charge and a £20 reduction in my monthly payment. Fair enough, I was paying £90 a month but the Q box gives me ultra HD, six channels I can record at anytime time, up to four additional boxes in the house, all of the channels I previously had and lifetime warranty on my box so I can cancel my insurance on the currrnt box. Not the magic £40 some have managed but still worth the effort for me. I imagine if I'd pushed harder I could have got better but it just shows there are deals out there that even is most gullible
of users can get

Hero76
09-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Got rid of it ages ago i use iptv all sky channels plus 3pms 80 quid a year.

edinburghhibee
10-08-2017, 12:36 AM
I just recently got a deal off groupon for bt sports channels. Paid £9 up front to groupon which got me the sports channels half price for the season so £11 a month thought that was a good offer