PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section

seanoheimhin
18-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Just looking at the seat map again now that prem tickets are on sale.

The top of the FF stand is now marked 'singing section' but the old Section 43 still comes up as 'singing section' as well when you put tickets in your basket.

Any ideas how this will pan out, hearing there hasn't been much uptake for the new position in FF?

I think it's a ridiculous idea, but will it even materialise or will sect 43 remain defacto singing section? Or have others already been moved in there?

Really hope this doesn't become the mess it seems it could, because we struggle to get atmosphere going mid-game as it is without destroying our own singing areas...

High-On-Hibs
18-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Singing section should always be as close to the away fans as possible. Although it would be nice to see the entire stadium becoming a singing section for a change.

BlackSheep
18-07-2017, 11:34 AM
See this thread.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321969-Since-1875-Singing-Section-Update&highlight=singing+section

Onceinawhile
18-07-2017, 11:36 AM

The top of the FF stand is now marked 'singing section' but the old Section 43 still comes up as 'singing section' as well when you put tickets in your basket.

Any ideas how this will pan out, hearing there hasn't been much uptake for the new position in FF?

I think it's a ridiculous idea, but will it even materialise or will sect 43 remain defacto singing section? Or have others already been moved in there?

Really hope this doesn't become the mess it seems it could, because we struggle to get atmosphere going mid-game as it is without destroying our own singing areas...

I think there's been roughly 200 season tickets sold for the singing section so don't know where you heard numbers were poor. That's around 4 or 5 times more than section 43.

green&left
18-07-2017, 11:37 AM

"singing section" was non existent most games in the new East so relocation is gotta be worth a try.

Regarding uptake there is far more numbers in this new section than the previous one in sect 43 lower.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Singing section should always be as close to the away fans as possible. Although it would be nice to see the entire stadium becoming a singing section for a change.

Why? I'd rather any signing section we have to be as far away from the away support as possible. Ideally behind the goals we attack in the 2nd half but understand the logistical issues we have here.

North side of the East has always been my preference

seanoheimhin
18-07-2017, 11:42 AM
See this thread.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321969-Since-1875-Singing-Section-Update&highlight=singing+section

Thanks, that's good to hear it going well - I'd only heard by word of mouth the opposite.

I can't for the life of me think why it's being put there. 100% agree with what some have said that it should be nearer away fans - still, here's hoping for a positive outcome

:flag:

Johnny Clash
18-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Thanks, that's good to hear it going well - I'd only heard by word of mouth the opposite.

I can't for the life of me think why it's being put there. 100% agree with what some have said that it should be nearer away fans - still, here's hoping for a positive outcome

:flag:

The fans who are directly involved wanted the move so they've put some thought into it. There's no reason why songs can't start in the FF upper (section 25) then spread to the East and hopefully the West. I think this will happen for the big games.

Keith_M
18-07-2017, 11:54 AM
I can't for the life of me think why it's being put there.

There was a desire among some to move to the FF Stand and that section had the lowest number of ST holders.

lucky
18-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Surely the point of the singing section is to get behind the team and create an atmosphere to help Hibs win rather than noise up the away support?

RIP
18-07-2017, 01:10 PM

There are around 900 seats in Section 43 and in big games the sections either side join in the singing. The singing at Easter Road has emanated from that part of the ground since they knocked down the old Cowshed (early 80's?).

So whilst the Since1875 group are establishing a new section in beside the Hibs Kids the club still have an obligation to inform ticket buyers to expect a standing and singing crowd at the top of Section 43 until we see how things pan out.

I'm looking forward to hearing from the new section as to how it changes the crowd dynamics in big games where there's a large away contingent and in lesser games with fewer away fans.

Keith_M
18-07-2017, 01:14 PM
There are around 900 seats in Section 43 and in big games the sections either side join in the singing. The singing at Easter Road has emanated from that part of the ground since they knocked down the old Cowshed (early 80's?).

Or maybe since they seated the Cowshed, which was the early 70s (before my time, honest)

Here's (http://www.parsreview.org/uploads/5/9/5/2/59527911/2_10_orig.jpg) a decent photo of the Cowshed (or Cave, if you like) as it was in 1980, from a Pars Fans' website.

Chuck Rhoades
18-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Over 200 season tickets have beensold for Section 25, compared to around 30-40 last year at the front of Section43. There are only 300 STs left for the entire FF, so expecting all leaguegames to be packed out.

It wasn’t a firstchoice of ours and we wanted to minimise disruption to other supporters. Youcan’t argue that logistically it is far better. The acoustics of the stand arefar better than the front of the East. Being almost centred in the wider Hibssupport should also help.

Personally can’twait to see how things take shape and how the noise travels down the East/Westflanks with the whole Hibs support getting behind the team.

It’s also bettervisually for flags, banners and displays. Preparations have been ongoing everyweekend inside Easter Road for the season ahead…

Big_Franck
18-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Although I think the section allocated for the singing section in the FF stand if possibly the worst area possible, it can only be a good thing to have songs emanating from two parts of the ground. Section 43 is nearly completely sold out to ST holders so there should still be a decent amount of noise from there at the bigger games. The 200 bams in the FF upper corner will no doubt make a racket as well.

RIP
18-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Over 200 season tickets have beensold for Section 25, compared to around 30-40 last year at the front of Section43. There are only 300 STs left for the entire FF, so expecting all leaguegames to be packed out.

Personally can't wait to see how things take shape and how the noise travels down the East/Westflanks with the whole Hibs support getting behind the team.

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]It’s also bettervisually for flags, banners and displays.

That's the best thing about the move Ross.

You guys have been like a group 'Capo' but whether up back or down front of S43 it was always a challenge to galvanise the entire ground from one corner. So placing you in between both main stands could give you better visibility, especially for displays.

I'm hoping you can get the West more vocally active too as back in the day Frankie Dougan used to start chants from the North West corner.

What's happening to the flag cabinets - have they relocated already?

18-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Can't understand why its been moved, especially to the a section way up in the corner of the FF. I preferred it being closer to the away fans and the pitch.

Hope its a success though. Credit to the Sect 43 (or whatever they call themselves now lol) people, especially in the big games they create a really good atmosphere and get the rest of the support going. Keep up the good work :aok:

CapitalGreen
18-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Can't understand why its been moved, especially to the a section way up in the corner of the FF. I preferred it being closer to the away fans and the pitch.

Hope its a success though. Credit to the Sect 43 (or whatever they call themselves now lol) people, especially in the big games they create a really good atmosphere and get the rest of the support going. Keep up the good work :aok:

- Because those involved with it asked to be moved.
- It's not up in the corner, they are at the front of the upper tier. ER isn't exactly Hampden so that's still pretty close to the pitch.
- Clubs all across the world seem to manage fine with their Ultras/Singing section behind the goals.

OsloHibs
18-07-2017, 03:04 PM
It's a shame the kids in the FF won't get to see the singing section anymore, but they'll hear them I'm sure! Good luck for the season & hope your move works.

overdrive
18-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Where have the singing been for the Sunderland and Montrose games? We've ended up back in our original seats in that particular section due to the Club being unable to find us suitable seats elsewhere (we are in the bit at the very front where they weren't technically forcing anyone to move due to the singing section) and we were expecting the singing section to be in full flow for these games. In reality the section has been relatively empty for these games and there's been little singing at all. Have they taken seats elsewhere for these games?

SChibs
18-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Any update on the platform for the new section? Was sitting in my new seat up there the last couple of games but no sign of the platform that was mentioned

Chuck Rhoades
18-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Platform has been put on a back burner due to health and safety officer not approving. We have an alternative idea.

Lockers were relocated a couple of weeks ago (only one, other remained for display materials/paints).

First match in section is Partick for a variety of reason which I won't bore you with.

SChibs
18-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Platform has been put on a back burner due to health and safety officer not approving. We have an alternative idea.

Lockers were relocated a couple of weeks ago (only one, other remained for display materials/paints).

First match in section is Partick for a variety of reason which I won't bore you with.

Fair enough, I could see the area the platform would be going in and it did look a bit iffy. Looking forward to Partick. Are there any plans for a display or anything for that game?

andybev1
18-07-2017, 07:19 PM
How do the seats that the people that are moving to the singing section get redistributed - is there a waiting list for these seats as I moved seats from last season and would have loved to sit in the vacated seats but could only get B which is ok but would have loved to have gotten further up. I have problems with my knees and having to get up to EE was a nightmare for me.

Since1875Hibs
18-07-2017, 07:32 PM
How do the seats that the people that are moving to the singing section get redistributed - is there a waiting list for these seats as I moved seats from last season and would have loved to sit in the vacated seats but could only get B which is ok but would have loved to have gotten further up. I have problems with my knees and having to get up to EE was a nightmare for me.

There are plenty of seats in the back 5 rows of Section 25. These are now on public sale.

Onceinawhile
18-07-2017, 07:35 PM
There are plenty of seats in the back 5 rows of Section 25. These are now on public sale.

He's talking about the old seats in section 43.

Callum7
18-07-2017, 07:37 PM

273 :aok:

Since1875Hibs
18-07-2017, 07:43 PM
He's talking about the old seats in section 43.

They will be available or sold in that case.

andybev1
18-07-2017, 08:20 PM
They will be available or sold in that case.
I already got mine now but I just wondered how it worked (or if there was a waiting list for better seats - seems not). thx for answering me all who did.

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Looking forward to hearing how the guys sound in their new location in the FF.

woodyhfc4892
19-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Think it's a bit unfair trying to judge a signing section on a testimonial/friendly and also a league cup game which IMO is also deemed as a friendly by management etc.. come first game of the same and onwards I think everyone will be raving about the noise we generate. Everyone should be right behind making the ER atmosphere better, not being negative about a group trying to help.